PDA

View Full Version : Etiquette

Unregistered
01-03-11, 10:31 AM
I read in one of the posts recently that one option to get only stew as a gift (which is the optimal gift) is to decline any gifts that are not stew. Eventually you will get 20 stew.

My question is, if you do decline a gift, does the person that gifted you know? I do not what to hurt anyone's feelings and I certainly would not want to tell people what to gift.

Thanks for your help,
Nitan

Unregistered
01-03-11, 11:41 AM
I have never seen that a neighbor declined a gift, nor have I had anyone say why did you decline mine? I don't think it informs anyone, just declines. Also, as of late, my gifts get bumped down whenever someone else sends one. For me now, I don't decline anything. If I don't want it, I wait until someone else sends something I do want. I so my best to at least tip everyone who sends me a gift, whether I accept it or not. HTH!

Unregistered
01-03-11, 12:10 PM
No, the person doesn't know when you decline a gift. You don't want to hurt people's feelings? Wow. It's just a game. And I hardly think people who don't gift others stew care very much about OTHER (your) people's feelings...

Also, as of late, my gifts get bumped down whenever someone else sends one. For me now, I don't decline anything. If I don't want it, I wait until someone else sends something I do want. I so my best to at least tip everyone who sends me a gift, whether I accept it or not. HTH!

Er. Why not decline? Where's the logic? Declining and "waiting for a better gift to replace a gift you won't want" = declining... same result, buddy. Might as well just decline.

And gifts always get bumped down... you probably only notice when you get closer to your 20 limit, though. But if you had 20 pending gifts, and someone sends you a 21st gift, you'll see that the very first pending gift (at the bottom) disappears, as the newer gift has pushed it off the list - to retain the 20 limit.