PDA

View Full Version : Dragon/Habitat Management "System"?

Anasarra
08-27-13, 11:21 PM
I'm wondering - curious - what "systems" others have devised... I've been playing since March (2013). I've messed around with ways (colored pencils/graph paper/post-it notes) to KEEP TRACK of WHO is WHERE! Who needs feeding/evolving/healing - how to stay balanced for best income - and recently, how to determine who to move where and sadly, who to sell to make room... (I am maxed on habitats, have enabled the Stable to hold 10 dragons but have not started upgrading habitats to hold the 4th dragon). Has anyone come up with a system to keep track of everything?

yayacupcake
08-27-13, 11:48 PM
This would take lots and lots of tracking. Especially with healing and what not. Everything ( usually ) is in a constant state of change, this would be... maddening... although I just went over my inventory myself personally just to see how many duplicates I have and what I should get rid of to make space for another Night habitat.... look for a new post from me soon going over everything :p

caketester88
08-28-13, 07:37 AM
I spent a couple of hours going through the market and listing out which dragon needs to go in what habitat to make the most money and how many habitats of each colour I would need. Any hybrid just needs to go in the habitat of the highest capacity, eg. a red/blue dragon needs to go into a blue habitat, a blue/white dragon needs to go into a white habitat etc...

I then set about buying some more habitats and re-aranging my dragons. I've lost my workings out now, but I know roughly what I'm doing, LOL

In addition to this, any duplicate dragon I name as soon as I get it, I name it C------- for a common dragon, R------- for a Rare dragon & SR------ for a super-rare dragon, this way, no matter the level of it, it's easy to see at a glance that it's a duplicate and OK to trade/sell and only evolve to lev 4 if trading. I put the rarity in the name as I'd rather trade out a rare or super-rare and just sell a common, that way you know what colour gem(s) you'll be getting. (I also add a C. R or SR at the end of the name of any dragon I will be keeping, just so I ca see at a glance what the rarity is as it helps me choose what to evolve next.)

Even though there are several red-hybrids that would be better off in other habitats, I've bought several red habitats, as they are cheap (you can re-coup the purchase cost in only 2 max-capacity collections), so they are no bother to sell off when space is needed and just aids in collecting in the pennies.

Currently I have 80/132 dragons and they are split as follows;

1 tropic strand, space for 3, housing no dragons (lol, I can't breed tropic!) = space for 3 dragons
2 gemstones prairies, housing 6 dragons, no duplicates = no spare space
1 fairytale forest, housing 3 dragons, no duplicates, = no spare space
1 passion pit, 2 dragons, 1 is duplicate, but special type so no spare space.
1 zodiac zone, holding 1 dragon, space for virgo (as I have leo & virgo is the only other available, I'll count it as 1 space left) space for 1 dragon
1 ancient tarpit, housing 3 dragons, 1 duplicate, so space for 1 dragon
1 rainbow road, full LOL
4 green habitats, holding 11, 3 are duplicates = space for 4 dragons
4 yellow habitats, holding 10 dragons, 6 are duplicates = space for 6 dragons
2 stone quarry, holding 5 dragons, 1 is duplicate, only prism will fit, so space for 1 dragon
5 blue habitats, holding 15 dragons,4 are duplicates, so space for 4 dragons
6 purple habitats, holding 17 dragons, 8 are duplicates, so space for 9 dragons
6 white habitats, holding 18 dragons, 7 are duplicates, so space for 7 dragons
2 black sands, holding 5 dragons, 2 are duplicates, so space for 3 dragons
4 pink prairies, holding 9 dragons, 2 are duplicates, so space for 5 dragons
5 red habitats, holding 13 dragons, 8 are duplicates, so space for 10 dragons
4 diamond fields, full.
5 red habitats, total space = 15 dragons, currently housing 14 dragons, 8 are duplicates = 9 spaces

I have 50/53 habitats and need another 52 dragons minus the 3 gold-only dragons & clockwork dragon = I need 48 more dragons.

If I don't get rid of any dragons, just buy 3 more habitats that hold 3 dragons each, then I have space for 23/48 dragons.

If I get rid of my spares I have space, without buying more habitats, for 54 more dragons. :)

There are 2 of my spares that I'm not planning on getting rid of, a duplicate tusker & a duplicate dream, so that brings it down to 52 spaces with spares gone :)

naturehippy
08-11-15, 03:44 AM
Wow I totally dig your syst. Although the habitat part is a little deeper than I'd like to dive into it, I'm undoubtedly going to use your C, R, SR System. Or my adaptation of it anyhow! Up till now my dragons name become whatever dragon they are. That's with the exception of One of my Virtue dragons who came to me with the name Harmony. And since that's my dogs name I had to keep it. I'm really into the breeding (which reminds me so much of that human genetics course I took in college). So by naming Fire; Fire and Night; Night it makes it easier when looking up stats and checking the breeding calculator and what not. But I'm always checking to see whose a double and whatnot so your method will definitely help me. Thank you!

amerirish
08-13-15, 01:21 PM
I have a spreadsheet that lists type, name, level, colors, rarity, evolution time and island location. I don't worry about coins because I have over 80 million. As for healing, I heal immediately first chance I get. The only time I ever have a line to the spa is during tournaments.