PDA

View Full Version : Is there a Map Bug? Two problems

ubmike
08-27-13, 02:44 PM
I am playing on a iPhone 5 and am at level 95

August 25, I requested maps from my friends (116 I think, I realize you don't get them all). I didn't receive a single one? Thought that was weird but so be it. On August 26 I requested maps from all my friends again, this time I received 3? Interesting? So today I again requested maps from all my neighbors and only got one. For the last three days of map requests I have received only 4 maps. This can't be normal?

I started asking my neighbors if they received the request, most said no? I had 3 say they had and that they had approved the request. That makes sense as I did get a couple. Last week I could get 20 a day, now I'm lucky to get more than one.

Is there a bug or is this just a way of slowing a player down? Between this and breeding fails, I'm about done. This is my last resort to find the truth about maps, as everyone has an opinion LOL

Also, because of this map issue and communicating with neighbors, I've had several neighbors tell me that they can't visit me from their wall, they have to see me on someone else's wall and visit that way. Meaning, I visit them and play with their dragons, I leave a message, when they visit their wall they can not visit me from there. They say my name won't open for them. They have to go to someone else's wall and if they see my name they can visit from that other persons wall?

Thank You in advance for any thoughts on what might be causing this.
ubmike
What gives with that?

maguar
08-27-13, 02:59 PM
With respect to the maps, you're clogging the request system which is delaying getting them out. Only 20 a day can be responded to (which basically means 20 a day get through). If you send more than 20 they get delayed and released at about 20 a day. These requests go out randomly and may go to people who stopped playing or aren't that active. Hold off on sending requests for a few days to give the system a chance to clear. Then when you send requests only send 20-25 to people you know play daily.

I haven't heard about the other issue so I'll pass it along.

FrozenTurtle
08-27-13, 04:45 PM
Also, because of this map issue and communicating with neighbors, I've had several neighbors tell me that they can't visit me from their wall, they have to see me on someone else's wall and visit that way. Meaning, I visit them and play with their dragons, I leave a message, when they visit their wall they can not visit me from there. They say my name won't open for them. They have to go to someone else's wall and if they see my name they can visit from that other persons wall?

Can you ask your neighbors to clarify the issue? Is there no "Visit" button to tap? Or is there not even a button present? We were able to test this without any issue on our end. Please let us know. Thanks!

ubmike
08-27-13, 06:12 PM
My neighbors tell me that they see my user name and there is a "visit" button, however when they tap it, nothing happens. I thought at first maybe it was the users device. However I've had multiple (3 if that's considered multiple) neighbors tell me this. I guess it could still be their device.

As far as the maps go.... I'm just stuck then?, "for a few DAYS" that's crazy! I guess I'll wait it out, however I do see why people give up on the game. If it clogs the system and creates problems maybe the higher ups should make this fact known as to the users.

Thanks for the quick reply.

MotherNature65
08-27-13, 06:51 PM
I don't seem to be having a map issue. I have over 670 members and send requests to all of them. I find it hard to believe that one person so to speak is overloading the system. Maybe it should be set up in more of a fashion that it dumps all unused requests once the user has received their max maps for the day so as not to clog the system.

There are far too many members playing this game and too varied a range of ages etc to rely on their knowledge of this limitation if in fact that is what is causing UB's problem, there should be something set up to compensate for it to make sure that the game runs smoothly so that valuable players and revenue generators are not lost.

I am sure that Team Lava takes the game very seriously as the new features are seen weekly, however there are always small tweaks that need to be made to keep your players happy.