PDA

View Full Version : Questions about how the game works

Sue1312
08-22-13, 04:20 PM
Hi there,
I am fairly new to the game and am still trying to figure it you. I tried to search for my questions here. However, every keyword I enter, comes back empty. Apologize if my questions were answered somewhere previously.
1) how many gifts a day can one receive total?
2) how many gem can you be offered daily? For the past 2 days, I have sent messages to my neighbors and I am always told that they are unable to give me gem even though I have not received any (or barely) a day. Pretty frustrating
3) I often accidentally use my gem(s) to bypass the wait time or the purchase of items in my goal (is it possible to set some sort of warning so I am not unnecessarily lose the little bit of gems I have in hand? When you are playing on a tablet, it is easy to press the screen inadvertently.
4) I have purchased one given item yet it is still listed as needed in my goal. Is this a glitch? If so, what needs to be done? If not, can we change it so that we do not have duplicate items in our homes especially if we do not wish to have one?
Many thanks.

maguar
08-23-13, 01:45 AM
I hope this helps

1) You can receive 20 gifts a day
2) You can send 3 gems a day
3) For loss of gems please email support@teamlava.com
4) The goal will only count it when it is built/waiting time has finished

Sue1312
08-23-13, 06:20 AM
Thanks for your response. They are helpful.
I regard to goal, one example, I purchased a rug - yet, my goal still asked me to buy one. it would not go away until I purchased another one (not necessarily what I would have loved to do)
Another sets of questions:
- What happens if I decline my neighbors gift? Can they resend me one that I really need afterward?
- Is it wise to only accept gifts you really need then? Please advise.
I should address this in another forum but too lazy to switch so:
Developer should let users combine or have a way of knowing who are their best neighbors (meaning - gift, visits regularly)
There should be an easy way to find out who asked for what. Right now, you have to jump from one screen to another to figure that out. It is time consuming and not very progressive. I personnally would like to send my neighbors what they really want, but with time restrictions I am not able to do so.
Many thanks,

Sue1312
08-23-13, 06:21 AM
One more thing, there should be a way to return purchases in the game. It happened to me, I accidentally purchased an item I did not want/need and when I tried to sell it, it was worthless (ridiculous)

Sue1312
08-23-13, 08:04 AM
How many of the 20 gifts I am allowed to receive daily can be a gem?
Do I need to reach my goal to advance in the game?
For example, I do not wish to purchase the aquarium and all that good stuff, it constantly sits on my goal. How to get rid of them? There has to be a way to close unwanted goals.

maguar
08-23-13, 02:41 PM
I think the rug goal you're talking about required the purchase of a specific rug. If you bought a different rug it wouldn't count.

If you decline a gift it opens up the gift slot again but the neighbours whose gift you declined cannot send you another gift that game day.

If you're not getting 20 gifts a day, I'd accept them all - I like stockpiling parts for the future. If you do get 20 then you could decline some if you want to see if you'd get different ones.

As mentioned earlier you need to contact support for gem issues.

I'm not sure on the max gems/day you can receive. I would think 20 but that's unlikely due to the limits on what people can send.

Completing goals helps you to level up faster. In addition to the items increasing your home value you get an extra boost to the value and your experience. Experience levels you up which increases the money you get from jobs. I do the jobs then put the items in storage.

Sue1312
08-24-13, 02:46 PM
thanks for your response.
No the rug I already owned was the exact one I was asked to purchase (blue ******).
I contacted contact support for the gems, they were not able to give it back. Did not give a clear explanation on why too. Oh well.
I believe, it helps if the game gives us some sort of confirmation or regcognizes for when we purchase something twice for goals and wants to use our gems.
It is frustrating to loose a gem when it is really hard to acquire them to begin with.
It is equally frustrating to purchase the same exact furniture to fulfill a goal when you've purchased one already but is still in process for delivery.
Additionally, is it a new feature to having ask for permit to extend? It is hard enough to collect the money (very time consuming) and now we have to go thru the hassle of begging for permits all around - not too mention the time it will take you afterwards to build it.

maguar
08-24-13, 07:00 PM
Hang on, did you already have the rug before you got the goal? If so the goal may have been to buy (not have) one. This is the same as a number of goals throughout the TL games - it's the action of buying that gets marked off.

As you expand more you do start to need permits. The amount increases the more you expand. This is to prevent people from expanding too quickly.

Sue1312
08-25-13, 01:13 PM
I had the money so I anticipated the purchase. Come to find out I had to buy all over again. Certain items get checked off if you have purchased it. Isn't the bottom line to purchase?

maguar
08-25-13, 03:31 PM
The difference is between "to purchase" and "to have". If its "to have" it will count what you already have. If its "to purchase" you have to complete the action of purchasing - anything you bought prior to the goal is "already purchased" so it doesn't count.