PDA

View Full Version : tipping. plus red stars, minus coin?

myferngardens
08-22-13, 09:39 AM
Never noticed this before today. I tipped some community members and neighbors today. When I left the tips a +1 red star floats up and so does a -1coin. Does it really cost us coins to tip now? I never noticed the -1coin float up before today. Usually it is just drops a red star. Has something changed?

myferngardens
08-22-13, 09:48 AM
Ah! New information...tipping drops red stars in summer picnic version, but floats up +1 red star and -1coin in the Christmas version. Interesting. I can't tell if it is really minus any coins. Anyone know more about this?

sesamecake
08-22-13, 01:12 PM
I don't think you actually get charged for tips, but even if you do, 6 coins per neighbor or 3 coins for a random bakery isn't really that much.

twospoons
08-22-13, 06:49 PM
i've seen it happen (not sure which game/version) but always thought it meant i had used 1 of the 6 tips (or 3) that i could leave at that bakery/restaurant. i think because i've seen -1 water droplets in farm, and obviously they can't be taking water away from you. but that's just my belief, not actual knowledge!

myferngardens
08-22-13, 07:38 PM
Interesting thoughts. Thank you.

cherryberry9
08-22-13, 10:30 PM
Never noticed this before today. I tipped some community members and neighbors today. When I left the tips a +1 red star floats up and so does a -1coin. Does it really cost us coins to tip now? I never noticed the -1coin float up before today. Usually it is just drops a red star. Has something changed?

That's interesting cause I've been wondering too.