PDA

View Full Version : Gifts: Food Vs. Parts

catprint
08-20-13, 01:04 PM
I have noticed that some people are SO picky about what they receive as gifts. Do you have a preference and if so, why?

Personally, I don't care whether I receive parts or food. I usually receive a good mixture of both and that's fine with me.

Food = free money.

Parts = build up in my gift inventory so when I choose to build a stove, I'll have parts already there, so that's nice and convenient.

But the gifts don't *HAVE* to be one or the other. So why doesn't everyone see it this way? Some are even rude about it and may even delete you. I understand that's their right, but goodness. It kind of makes it harder on everyone else trying to keep up with who gets what.

If someone sends me a gift request, I try to gift them that same gift to help them out further. If someone leaves a comment on my wall asking for a gift, I try to oblige, otherwise, they get what they get. I thought that'd be a norm but it doesn't seem like it.

Thoughts?

guasse
08-20-13, 01:20 PM
Lower levels like cappuccino for coins and higher levels like parts to build things since they have lots of appliances to keep food stocked already. i would gift parts to people who ask but when it gets to the point where you have a billion neighbors i just gift them all cappuccino

jellypie200
08-20-13, 01:37 PM
I pretty much like both it don't really matter

myferngardens
08-20-13, 02:02 PM
I like cappuccino not just any "food". I like that cappuccino is the fewest number of plates for the most coin. I work really hard to keep the amount of food in my bakery under control. It is really easy to have food take over you bakery! People who gift cappuccino help me with that job by sending a considerate gift. I like that. I decline all croissant! I think the look ugly on the counter. Lol.
Parts are great! I love having well stocked parts because the faster I get baking on that appliance the faster I get my gems!
Those are my preference so I gift accordingly. I gift cappuccino one day and a general part the next day. I have my gift policy posted right on my wall above my storm id. You have to see the gift policy before you can add me as a neighbor. I never add neighbors...they have to invite me. That way I know they know how I like to gift. Anyone who makes a post on my wall complaining about the gift I gave gets removed from my neighborhood without warning.
I am never picky or rude about the gifts I receive. I figure IT'S A GIFT. I have a decline button if I really don't want something.
I didn't vote in the poll because there isn't an option that fits my preference perfect. ;)

catprint
08-20-13, 02:54 PM
I gift cappuccino one day and a general part the next day.

That's a REALLY good idea. I think I'm going to start doing that! I was only gifting cappuccino unless otherwise stated by the person or indicated from a gift request because I learned that was the highest profit food gift, making the rest kind of a waste to send. But I think I'm just going to gift everyone by alternating between cappuccino and basic parts. Thanks for the tip! And if anyone complains, like you said, I'll just remove them and look for another 3-4 star person in the community. :)

chewytwix
08-20-13, 03:12 PM
Im lvl 99 and mastered every recipe except 4 of the newest. I prefer new parts when new appliances come out, but cappuccino in between. Parts dont help that much since i never really build More than 5 new appliances. I also dont need regular parts since i have over 150 parts each and they NEVER get used.

catprint
08-20-13, 03:35 PM
Im lvl 99 and mastered every recipe except 4 of the newest. I prefer new parts when new appliances come out, but cappuccino in between. Parts dont help that much since i never really build More than 5 new appliances. I also dont need regular parts since i have over 150 parts each and they NEVER get used.

Wow. So I guess that's why some people demand only food, they are probably like you, been playing for a while and racked up 100+ parts of each basic part, so they don't want/need any more. I can understand that. It's just difficult to keep up with everyone's individual needs without being on the app ALL day.

Any tips to do things quicker as far as tip/gift/commenting etc?

TinksThots
08-20-13, 05:28 PM
Nobody's way of playing is "wrong", nor are their gift preferences "wrong". All of our personal goals have evolved as our games have evolved, and our gifting needs have evolved with them. Coins, parts, everyone needs different things at different points in the game, and there's nothing at all wrong with only wanting to get what you want. The boxes already play that role anyway: "You'll take what I decide to give you, and you'll like it!" Why do we do that to each other too? :\

Now, as I've said before: Gifting isn't really "gifting", per se, but more of an exchange program, and there has to be at least somewhat equal give-and-take for it to thrive. Sometimes you need coins, other times you need supplies, so you either ask for food or parts. If a nbr gives you what you need, you hang on to them, and return the favor. If they don't, you communicate with them to see if they will, or you part ways. They'll go on to give what they have to offer to those who do need it, and you can spend your time finding nbrs who give you what you need. Keep refining until you have a list of compatible nbrs, however long that list may be, and everybody wins. http://i40.tinypic.com/250p3eg.jpg

If you prefer a short and cozy list of nbrs, and personalized gifting back and forth every day, then communicate and refine until you have exactly that. If you'd rather collect hundreds upon hundreds of nbrs and then mass-gift them, be sure to let them know what they'll be getting, either as you add them, on your own wall, or both. Either way and whatever in between, let people know your play style, and what you will or won't adapt to, so you can both decide if you're compatible with each other, and the "WROOONG GIIIIIFT!!1!!!" stuff never even has to start. ;-)

Speaking of which... lots of people - LOTS - post their own play styles on their walls to let others know what kind of nbr they are up front, but it's often hard to keep those posts from getting buried. THIS, TL, IS WHY WE NEED THOSE STICKY POSTS WE KEEP ASKING FOR IN YOUR SUGGESTION THREADS. "This is how I roll!" stickies that'll stay on top of our walls. Or some kind of profile thing, a slide-out popup perhaps, that non-nbrs MUST view before each visit, and nbrs must view only on the first visit of the day. Gift preferences, vacation notices, so many uses... http://i41.tinypic.com/2ewe05d.jpg

Bottom line: Nbrs are either compatible or they're not. It's not personal. It's not even about the stars. Example: I'm not always compatible with 4-star players. Sure they tip daily, but if they mass-gift food daily too, they're not for me. (I have over a million piles of profit on my counters that won't turn into coins for a LONG time. Why would I want to add a single pile to that, unless it came from my own cooking for gems?) Some people regularly clear their list of anyone with 0-1 stars, but I've had some of the same 0-1 star nbrs for a long time who send me exactly what's on my wall every day without fail, answer requests quicker than Stormie, and I do the same for them. Stars are one of many determining factors for compatibility. ;-)

Most importantly, it's YOUR GAME, so don't let anyone tell you you're playing wrong. If you'd rather have the quantity than the coins, then by all means, ask everyone to send only brownies! If you want to see if you can max out on dragon parts in your inventory out of sheer morbid curiosity, then by all means, tell your nbrs THAT'S HOW YOU ROLL! http://i43.tinypic.com/33a9u1z.jpg

twospoons
08-20-13, 05:50 PM
If you want to see if you can max out on dragon parts in your inventory out of sheer morbid curiosity, then by all means, tell your nbrs THAT'S HOW YOU ROLL! http://i43.tinypic.com/33a9u1z.jpg

not just LOL where all i really did was smile a bit, but actually laughed out loud (okay, really actually kinda snorted and got weird looks from my coworkers). HA!

TinksThots
08-20-13, 06:25 PM
(For reference, I have 36 nbrs, and I keep a written list of them with randomly jotted notes all over it. ^_^ )
I mass-gift my capps people, then my random basic parts people, then I visit the rest, the ones who post specifically what they want every day. I tip them while I'm there. I tip everyone else in random handfuls throughout the day. Whenever I get on to serve stuff, or if it's just been a while and I get on to check my wall, just whenever I'm on, I'll hop on my nbr list and tip however many I feel like before I get bored of it and switch games or go do something in the real world. If someone's full, I'll either remember to visit again or I won't. I stopped letting myself feel bad about that a long time ago when it dawned on me that it was just a game, not the end of the world, and if I miss 'em today, I'll get 'em tomorrow. ;-)

I don't comment when I tip/gift unless I have something specific to say, because 1. If my gift goes through, well, then, duh, lol. 2. If it doesn't, then I'm sure they're well aware that they get full early, and the massive amount of 'full' posts they have to delete all day every day will clue them in as to why I didn't get through either, so I'm not gonna pile-on. It's repetitive and messy. And 3. The newsfeed will let them know I tipped. If it moves too fast and they don't see me on it, they'll know I tipped anyway, because those who have me, know me, and, well, they just know I did because that's what I do. ;-)

Oh yeah... I have one nbr who wants a wall post from each and every nbr every day, "even if it's just 't&g'", she says. How boring... Sometimes I'll go simple, like "TIPPLES!!!", or "Coins in the cups and cappuccino in your pockets! Happy Tuesday!", or just fill the space to capacity with smileys. :rolleyes:

TinksThots
08-20-13, 06:31 PM
not just LOL where all i really did was smile a bit, but actually laughed out loud (okay, really actually kinda snorted and got weird looks from my coworkers). HA!
Haha, I despise the overuse of 'lol' even though I constantly abuse the badword out of it myself lol. >.> What?

Glad I could make you almost-laugh! That makes me lol in the 'grinning-like-heh' way! ^_^

nia0079
08-20-13, 07:10 PM
I really really want parts only, but I'm thankful for any gift. If people just send the gift request through the news section, I'm good with that. I don't really read my wall too much, so ill gift when I eventually see their message requesting. I need parts because I'm ALWAYS building something. ALWAYS. I'll occasionally post a note on my wall saying what tools I currently need and why, but I'm not demanding it from my neighbors. I actually have awesome neighbors.

08-20-13, 07:29 PM
I send what I send. I get posts on my walls but I gift first, read my wall hours or DAYS later and then tip. If someone doesn't like it, well tough stale cookies! They are free to delete me. I refuse to let this virtual game pester me. I had one neighbor over a year ago who would write mean messages when I'd tip and not post on his wall. When he'd throw his fits, he would visit my bakery to collect the coins or xp and not leave a tip.

I'd tip and gift him "exactly what he asked for, lest he delete you", at the reset I'd get him out of the way. I realized this is a game and deleted him. Then my best neighbors didnt care about whether they got what they wanted. Delete what you don't like and keep it moving. Heck I do it everyday. I STILL get Olympic and Halloween parts!

justjesi
08-20-13, 07:30 PM
Why, oh why doesn't this forum have a thanks button?

TinksThots put it perfectly. I do parts only gifting and receiving. My list has been narrowed down and remains between 25-35. I have great neighbors who actually read other player walls and send parts for what I'm building currently or my up next appliance. I change it as I go it each day. I have a spreadsheet with notes for the players who post on their wall and I check those every day as well (there's maybe 10 on each BS/RS) the rest get a basic part that I'll need upcoming to build or if they have a box out a part for that. It works well. And sorry, but those neighbors who have been added and have gifted me food more than twice in a week are deleted. I'm only level 50 or so and have way too much food already.

MizCricket
08-20-13, 07:39 PM
I prefer parts just because there's a chance I might get to use them someday. I have so much food on my counters that food gifts will never get sold. But I don't ever turn down any gift or ask that nbrs send one or the other. I mass gift a part every day, but I have one nbr who prefers food when she's done bldg new appliances so I gift her capp each day unless a new appliance was released recently.

xoxjenn
08-20-13, 08:23 PM
I gift both & like to receive both!

chewytwix
08-20-13, 08:55 PM
I'm not really picky with what I get....however, if I get dragon parts, I promptly delete :p I do respond to requests when I can. Food is preferable only because I barely have full counters again. I used to have over 100 million plates at one point and 75+ counters and didn't want food, so I can understand why people want parts instead.

bobbyrae
08-20-13, 09:48 PM
Wow. So I guess that's why some people demand only food, they are probably like you, been playing for a while and racked up 100+ parts of each basic part, so they don't want/need any more. I can understand that. It's just difficult to keep up with everyone's individual needs without being on the app ALL day.

I stopped tipping. Didn't have the time. When i do tip i rarely leave a comment. Anyone who send me cappuccino i send back cappuccino and some others who i know want that will get cap if i remember. Then i mass gift a random basic part.

Like chewytwix i don't really need any basic part right now since i too have at least 100 of each. I try not to go over 100 so i start to decline parts given to me if i have over 100 of that part. Needless to say i hardly ever get 20 gifts oer day, except when a new appliance comes out.

rosewaterlily
08-20-13, 10:42 PM
I prefer cappuccino, even though I don't actually serve them that often, usually I wait until I want the chef to rearrange some of my counters before I load in my capp. Bakery hardly ever uses old basic parts for new appliances and I'm not one to build tons of the same appliances so parts are mostly useless unless they're for brand new ovens. I'm just the opposite on restaurant though since a lot of the ovens need old parts, I prefer parts there over food. I find it weird that some neighbors who gift basic parts keep sending red motor and nozzle--there's nothing you can use them for except the dolphin statue for the former and the treat dispenser for the latter--maybe these people don't understand those parts aren't multipurpose as they are in restaurant? I don't mind getting old specialty parts once in a while but they never send those and instead always send nozzle and red motor, which are no more useful than any other parts that are used only in one appliance.

kianebakes
08-21-13, 04:40 AM
I find it weird that some neighbors who gift basic parts keep sending red motor and nozzle--there's nothing you can use them for except the dolphin statue for the former and the treat dispenser for the latter

Lol I just had this conversation with a neighbor. Senior players looove sending that red motor.

catprint
08-21-13, 05:00 AM
Lol I just had this conversation with a neighbor. Senior players looove sending that red motor.

LMAO I think I just was guilty of this today. WHOOPS! Before the banana appliance and frosty appliance goals, I started at the beginning of the parts list and just started going in order and gifting each a day. I even sent out a dragon part because of this *facepalm* I didn't know certain parts are basically useless. (I understand certain foods are useless, like brownies, really!? lol)

So should gifting "basic parts" be limited to gears, metal sheets, screws, and knobs? I don't have too many appliances yet, for instance, I don't even know what the dragon scale is used for...so I thought if the part was still giftable, then it is useful in some way or perhaps may be useful again later on in the game.

@TinksThots: You made a lot of great points. I'll try not to be so angry at people that are so picky now. People need what they need and it changes as the game progresses. I accept that. Right now since I'm level 43, with not that many different appliances built (I have plenty of appliances but not a VARIETY...yet), and food that can never stay on the counters, I need both parts and food so it works for me, but that's not the case for everyone. I get that now.

I am also considering to stop tipping. It just takes too much time. Or maybe only tip a few people. I do want/expect gifts daily and quick responses to my materials requests that I send people, but that's about it. I'm afraid there's too much focus on tips though so I'll lose everyone if I don't tip anymore. :(

TinksThots
08-21-13, 06:32 AM
I ranked the basics based on how many are needed by appliances (http://supremedynasty.com/tl/bakery_applparts_list.html) that are available to everybody.

40 - Gear (easy oven, ice cream, deep fryer, big apple, cocoa maker)
38 - Screw (ice cream, fryer, clay oven, pancake, sweetco)
35 - Paint (easy, ice cream, fryer, cocoa)
25 - Wiring (easy, cocoa, espresso)
24 - Cooling Coil (frozen drink, shaved ice)
20 - Metal Sheet (fryer, frozen drink)
20 - Blue Motor (treat dispenser, 3 bears)
14 - Spring (clay, pancake)
10 - Fuse (easy, cocoa)
10 - Knob (ice cream)

By the power vested in me by myself, I hereby declare NOZZLE to be a SPECIALTY PART, as it is specific to only ONE MACHINE, the treat dispenser. Even though it's mixed in with the basic parts, it shall NO LONGER be referred to as a BASIC PART. *poof* I said so.

Knob doesn't get demoted, because a lot of people can still get the other machines it builds. The ice cream machine is also a popular newbie build, and many people build extras because it has more than three recipes on it... I'd still call them 'borderline specialty' though, and let people ask for knobs if they want them.

Send gears most often, screws and paint here and there, with an occasional wiring, and sprinkle the rest in sparingly.

There, I fixed it. What do I win? http://i41.tinypic.com/2ewe05d.jpg

TinksThots
08-21-13, 06:55 AM
Dragon scales and teeth build this little guy, you can find him in your floor decor tab. :D
http://i41.tinypic.com/2wciutc.jpg

@TinksThots: You made a lot of great points. I'll try not to be so angry at people that are so picky now. People need what they need and it changes as the game progresses. I accept that. Right now since I'm level 43, with not that many different appliances built (I have plenty of appliances but not a VARIETY...yet), and food that can never stay on the counters, I need both parts and food so it works for me, but that's not the case for everyone. I get that now.

I am also considering to stop tipping. It just takes too much time. Or maybe only tip a few people. I do want/expect gifts daily and quick responses to my materials requests that I send people, but that's about it. I'm afraid there's too much focus on tips though so I'll lose everyone if I don't tip anymore. :(
I'm glad I made sense, I was really hoping that wasn't just a rambling mess. :o Thanks for the confirmation, and I'm also glad you get it! :cool:

Go ahead and stop tipping if you want to, there are plenty of players who don't tip and don't worry about getting tipped... it's what, 120 coins and 6 XP you get from each nbr? In a world of 8-figure expansion prices, tips really DON'T add up that fast, unless you're nothing but tables, they're getting filled constantly, and you're online to clear them day in and day out. Ugh. It's bad enough there's no easy version of the rest of the appliances, then to go and add THAT MUCH MORE TAPPING...

Do any of you 99'ers still have rounded fingertips, or have you tapped them completely flat by now? http://i44.tinypic.com/2q3soox.jpg

minidemon88
08-21-13, 10:19 AM
I just did a check and realised I've 800+ gears in my gift inventory and more than 400 of the other regular parts in my inventory too. Though I still don't mind receiving them. Since I prefer parts more than food. Receiving food is a big NO no for me. If I need food, I can cook them by myself. And looking at the food on my counter, I doubt there's need to re-cook for months or even years.

Stockpiled too much food previously. =.="

TinksThots
08-21-13, 10:39 AM
Your inventory can hold 37k of each item, so you've got plenty of space left. ;)

I don't think stockpiling can be avoided in this game. Not if you want any cooking gems, anyway. http://i40.tinypic.com/2dtnfyr.jpg

bobbyrae
08-21-13, 11:00 AM
Send gears most often, screws and paint here and there, with an occasional wiring, and sprinkle the rest in sparingly.

http://i41.tinypic.com/2ewe05d.jpg

Oh please I beg thee!! No one send me paint. Or fuses. Please!!!!!! I have so many that I could build a mansion out of fuses and paint.

As for that hateful dragon and his scales and teeth...off with his bloody head i say. That creature should be banished forever. I suspect that was the single most disappointing thing TL ever came out with in Bakery Story. There was so much excitement about this new dragon...and then we completed construction and...huh...it just stood there...doing not a thing. I think I have six of them and still have scales and teeth in my inventory. smh.

bobbyrae
08-21-13, 11:07 AM
I find it weird that some neighbors who gift basic parts keep sending red motor and nozzle--there's nothing you can use them for except the dolphin statue for the former and the treat dispenser for the latter--maybe these people don't understand those parts aren't multipurpose as they are in restaurant? I don't mind getting old specialty parts once in a while but they never send those and instead always send nozzle and red motor, which are no more useful than any other parts that are used only in one appliance.

ha! maybe they are trying to send you a message? :rolleyes: Whenever someone repeatedly sends me a topiary or a part for something no longer available in Farm story I send them back a welcome mat (which has never been assigned to be used for building anything so it is truly a useless gift) Whenever someone sends me a part to build the zen appliances or any other oven that i cannot build in restaurant story I send throw back a snowball at them. :D

I have innocently randomly sent neighbours nozzles and motors in bakery story though. :-\

kimandamelia
08-21-13, 12:10 PM
I prefer parts as well, just for the simple fact that affects most long term players here, stock piled food. Most of my neighbors play the same way as I, however, I do have one neighbor who prefers parts, or at least I think, but she will gift me a lucky clover EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! I decline every day, but it may be time to delete her.....

TinksThots
08-21-13, 12:29 PM
I prefer parts as well, just for the simple fact that affects most long term players here, stock piled food. Most of my neighbors play the same way as I, however, I do have one neighbor who prefers parts, or at least I think, but she will gift me a lucky clover EVERY SINGLE DAY!!!!! I decline every day, but it may be time to delete her.....
Just ask. Nbrs have no way of knowing what other nbrs accept or decline, so maybe she thinks you like them if you haven't said anything. Did you request them a long time ago? Maybe she's just on a roll lol. Maybe she has a kid who insists she pick that every day and it's just not worth the fight for her. *shrug* Ya never know. ;)

minidemon88
08-21-13, 12:42 PM

She might have though that you needed some luck, hence her dozen of lucky clover daily. Just let her know once is more than enough. XD

kianebakes
08-21-13, 01:06 PM
Just ask. Nbrs have no way of knowing what other nbrs accept or decline, so maybe she thinks you like them if you haven't said anything. Did you request them a long time ago? Maybe she's just on a roll lol. Maybe she has a kid who insists she pick that every day and it's just not worth the fight for her. *shrug* Ya never know. ;)

Apparently, if you tell a neighbor what would actually be useful to you or write it on your wall, you're "annoying". Don't you know a gift on Bakery Story is a miracle? Lol. I also see a lot of bakeries with warnings that if you "complain" (basically, try to tell them the jump boards are nice but could you maybe send something relevant instead) they will delete you.

Bottom line is, you'll always offend somebody on this game so try to find like-minded neighbors and don't waste your time on those who are wasting your time.

Ps. I love Mini Dragon Baker haha! I'd fill my bakery with them if I didn't have to build other appliances.

TinksThots
08-21-13, 01:46 PM
Bottom line is, you'll always offend somebody on this game so try to find like-minded neighbors and don't waste your time on those who are wasting your time.
Haha, that's essentially my whole huge post in one line. You coulda done that earlier and saved me some braining lol. ;)

I think Mini Dragon Baker is cute too. ^_^

sesamecake
08-21-13, 01:47 PM
Think I'm gonna start deleting the higher level players who consistently send me brownies and random parts for appliances that no one really uses after I politely informed them that brownies are the worst food gift for any neighbor. I do feel kinda bad though, these players do tip me occasionally, but still! It doesn't even really matter in a game like this though, its easy to get neighbors and find the ones that are compatible with your play style.

nky1111
08-21-13, 04:04 PM
I usually don't care because already have all the appliances. And in BS there's no need to have more than one of them (except goals and those with 2-day recipes).
But when there's a goal going on that needs 200+ parts and they send cheap food I get pissed off and delete)) Still can't forget those RS Christmas goals lol

TinksThots
08-21-13, 04:32 PM
There are two sides to this coin... It's not nice to try to convince anyone else to play differently either. It's their game too. ;-)

Keep in mind that players come from all over the planet, all age groups, all walks of life, all mental states, etc and so on. A small child or a mentally disabled person may not even be capable of grasping the concept of that plain little cup somehow being 'better' than those beautifully stacked brownies. Getting them to gift parts might be out of the question completely: "I don't wanna feed my nbrs junk!! Gross!!" None of the math, no amount of reasoning, would reach a person like that, through no fault of their own.

Yes, extreme example, but I have a four year old neighbor on Pet Hotel, so it's not reaching THAT far. I think she got bored and quit, but she used to have hissy fits when I'd send her anything but gems. It was adorable. "I don't want it, take it back!" and she'd send me whatever I sent her. I also have an 11 year old son with Asperger's. That "why can't you grasp this simple concept? oh yeah..." dilemma comes up rather often around here, and if he played these games, everybody would get dragon parts because DRAGONS ARE AWESOME!!!, these people must all still need his parts if they don't have him yet! http://i44.tinypic.com/c2mbl.jpg

rosewaterlily
08-21-13, 04:47 PM
I usually don't care because already have all the appliances. And in BS there's no need to have more than one of them (except goals and those with 2-day recipes).
But when there's a goal going on that needs 200+ parts and they send cheap food I get pissed off and delete)) Still can't forget those RS Christmas goals lol

I agree. Usually I just quietly decline unwanted gifts but when there's a new goal going on and I need those gift slots for new parts, then some level 99 player sends me dragon parts or brownies, I get mad and delete.

I have this one high level neighbor whose favorite gifts seem to be chocolate chips and banana slices and has been sending them out for ages. If you want to send out specialty parts, I would think one would rotate between sending different things?

In other news, another level 99 player sent me brownies today... I've not gifted that person or the chocolate chip person anything back. :P I actually prefer neighbors who don't send anything at all (thereby not clogging up my gift queue with unwanted items and not obligating me to send anything back) than those who send weird things. I no longer gift most of my neighbors except for a select few that send me stuff (mostly cappuccino gifters) regularly, unless there's a new appliance, and then I mass gift everyone the new parts for several days.

TinksThots
08-21-13, 04:52 PM
I actually prefer neighbors who don't send anything at all (thereby not clogging up my gift queue with unwanted items and not obligating me to send anything back) than those who send weird things.
I have to ask (and I'm honestly curious), then why bother having so many nbrs?

rosewaterlily
08-21-13, 05:09 PM
I have to ask (and I'm honestly curious), then why bother having so many nbrs?

Requests! I certainly don't expect my neighbors to be online all the time ready to fulfill them, so I ask as many people as I know will respond. Plenty of nice neighbors never gift or tip but always respond to requests quickly. And I'm free not to waste time gifting or tipping them! Also I keep some neighbors even if they're hardly ever online or have quit just because they have beautiful bakeries I enjoy looking at.

TinksThots
08-21-13, 06:08 PM
Requests! I certainly don't expect my neighbors to be online all the time ready to fulfill them, so I ask as many people as I know will respond. Plenty of nice neighbors never gift or tip but always respond to requests quickly. And I'm free not to waste time gifting or tipping them! Also I keep some neighbors even if they're hardly ever online or have quit just because they have beautiful bakeries I enjoy looking at.
Ah, duh! You overload your requests just like I do huh? http://i44.tinypic.com/c2mbl.jpg More than 20 per 24 hours and they get kicked over to the next day, more than 40, the day after that, but I only have 37 nbrs so I'm good through one day out lol. I also have a handful who are inactive and I don't send them requests, but I keep them anyway because we have history and I either know they're coming back, or hope they're still ok... :\

That's why I like my stockpiles. Buy a machine, tap to manage, and it's already done, it's just a YAY kinda feeling. http://i40.tinypic.com/33tkxvc.jpg

hmgdanielson
08-21-13, 07:12 PM
I said I'd prefer to receive food, but that's currently because I am more likely to use it. When I master the basic oven and start getting into building other appliances, I'll probably prefer to receive parts.

Ultimately, I don't care, but right now, I can't help being a tiny bit disappointed when a gift is some weird part that I'm not going to use.

gabbysmom87
08-22-13, 05:05 PM
:) everytime Tink posts I find myself thinking "yes.. Yup.. THANK YOU! uh huh.." she's just awesome :)

gabbysmom87
08-22-13, 05:11 PM
I have to say my play style is strictly parts. I'll never accept food. I don't consider it a gift but as Tink says, an exchange system. it's so nice when a nbr gifts what you need specifically and you can do that in return. We're helping each other achieve in the game. Whether it's food or parts for you. Now that I'm a midlevel, well 60 pretty soon, I find parts valuable and food not so much because I have tons. I gift basically the same system as Tink but I do have 85 nbrs. I deleted a lot but couldn't part with the rest.

anitahere
08-27-13, 12:25 PM
I post on MY wall and theirs, for them to please choose the type of gift they want," FOOD-PARTS" if they don't they get what i give, and if they say something I remind them that they didn't post it on MY wall. so far so good. and also to update when needed.

anitahere
08-27-13, 12:45 PM
this is what it looks like9828

sourlicorice5
08-28-13, 08:49 AM
I posted for my nbrs to gift me what they want me to gift them or post their request on my wall. I don't scroll on nbrs walls to see what they want. It takes too long. If they weren't able to gift me cause I was maxed and didn't post on my wall what they want then I send basic parts. I've had no complaints so far and if I did ID just kindly tell them to read the bottom of my wall where I have it posted how I gift.

As for what I get I don't care. If someone wants brownies then send it so I know to send it back. I just play the game to relax. I'm not fussed on what I get. If a nbr was ever rude about what they got cause they didn't post on my wall if they weren't able to get a gift through then too bad so sad. It may sound rude but I think I've made a good compromise in making things easier for me and trying to please my nbrs at the same time.

Owise1
08-31-13, 03:08 PM
I have been playing on and off for about a year, I decided last month to start adding neighbors. So far the gifting has been going good, but I really like my neighbors who post what they want, either my wall or theirs. I'm not picky about what I get, if I don't want it I just decline, however I draw the line at rose petals... that is an instant delete. Especially if its a high level player. I must say I am enjoying the game a lot more with neighbors, I can't seem to put it down now. Wouldn't it be great if TL would add a preference button? Running over to the suggestion thread...