PDA

View Full Version : 43 goals -- when is it too much?

sheloco
08-19-13, 11:21 AM
I think it is RIDICULOUS how many goals are thrown at us. I still have goals to complete from MONTHS ago! I have tried for ages to get the stupid Tiny dragon, just to get rid of the goal, but I breed nothing but Love dragons. I was even breeding for my Ice Cream dragon a while back, with no luck of course, only to find out that the dragon had been pulled!!! I think TL needs to sloooooooooow down with all of the new dragons, and better yet -- stop pulling them before we have time to breed them!

And with the new Ice Age area, I am losing even more interest. Who are you guys catering to? It's not the newer players, that is for sure! Fine, give the long-timers a new area to play in. And give them more dragons to breed. But give everyone a chance, will you? Give us time to breed these things!

I don't even know what to do anymore. There are fifty million dragons to breed, and you had better hurry before they disappear... Need to get my dawn goals completed, so I can make more money. Gotta make more stinking apples, because it takes a million to level a dragon up to 10. But wait, I have no money, because I have had to spend it all on diamonddates and over-priced habitats for new dragons that you are already threatening to pull! What's a person to do?

caketester88
08-19-13, 11:41 AM
I have 53 goals :(

It is a bit depressing having so many goals. I do try to ignore them mostly, but the speed of updates and removals makes my head spin, so I'll have a look at my goals to try to focus my mind on just ONE task, and the reality of my failure to keep up slaps me in the face!

Oh, what to do first???? I don't have any decent epics and most of my dragons are under level 7 so I need to level them ALL up before the next tournament. I can't get a black hybrid, other than moon, I desperately want some before TL retire any. I want the diamond hybrids before they go. I need to save money for more gemstone habitats, stone habitat, mythic habitat and any new habitat, but I can't save enough because the food costs!!!! The new icy world is costing a fortune and I can't even afford to get a dragon there to epic AND I'm fed up of flipping magic fails trying to breed for Tropic!!!!!!!!!!! Argh!!!!

And breath! Rant over!

Yep, I sympathise with you!

caketester88
08-19-13, 11:47 AM
Actually my rant isn't over! I have forgotten the stress of trying to level up duplicate dragons in order to trade out for gems to craft with and the cost of sending dragons on quests for parts to craft other dragons, but I only get a few coins or 50 apples :( so there's no chance of me ever shifting the goals from my list for samurai, knight or comet dragons :(

aceblade
08-19-13, 11:58 AM
Until recently I still had the goal for the Serpent Dragon. How's that for old!? lol

lollipop_rp
08-19-13, 12:48 PM
Moon is my only black hybrid too

Dragonilis
08-19-13, 01:16 PM
the goals are stupid in this game. they give you a "reward" but the reward hardly makes up for the time and money spent trying to get the dragon. for example the mythic dragon quest. you spend 6 million coins on the habitat only to get 10,000 or so coins and a measly amount of xp from it? I don't even go to the goals anymore, it's pointless. a broken feature that could have made the game better, but in the end just frustrates everyone. the only useful goals to complete are the dawn goals, and I can't do those since I'm on android. YAY!

wayneh23
08-19-13, 01:28 PM
Jump over to android i have 6 goals, nothing to do over here.

sapphirecross
08-19-13, 01:37 PM
Don't count your goals - it'll just depress you lol.

Here's what I do:
Go through the list and ignore anything where you have to pay a ridiculous amount and the reward is very little. I'll never do those. I also go through the dragons and pick out the ones I want, since getting them all is impossible. Any quests for dragons I don't want can sit there forever, who cares?

Then I analyzed my island to see where I am weak for tournaments - any of those dragons I think I need that are special habitats of three or less are priority for me, cuz of removals. I made a battle matrix with every type of dragon opponent colors and the best/good options - dragons that show up repeatedly, I focus on feeding those at least to 9. I don't worry about epic so much because 9 is almost as good most of the time. I defeated a LOT of dragons from tournament with level 6s. And at the end, level 1-2 is your friend. :)

For food, I rarely grow diamond dates. I grow the 1 hr/300 food and check game every hour when I am concentrating on a dragon, 2-3 hours otherwise. If I am gone 5+ hours, I grow pumpwings. This saves so much money! Most of my dragons are level 6-8, except for the commons that are cheap to feed or stuff I had at epic b4 all the hikes. Then I have huge numbers at 3-4 waiting to evolve or get traded.

Then every once in a while I look through the goals - if while doing all the above I finish a goal or am close, or need to buy cheap decor or grow some other food to complete - those I do. :)

I've been playing this way for a lot of levels now, don't have any diamonds at all, have mostly the basic habitats and light ones, 1 black, 1 pink, a couple new trios with single dragons in them and had over 17 million when I started for ice age. Dunno if that is good for places without diamonds, but I can afford to buy most things and feed the dragon pigs in the frozen isles lol. So I'd say don't stress about the goals - if you really look at them, there's a lot you prolly don't even want to do. Why throw away time or money going after things that don't suit your island?

[S8] Elsa
08-19-13, 01:45 PM
Thank you for sharing your feedback about how many goals you receive. Some goals expire after a certain time and goals that correspond with LTI Dragons expire as well. Are there any specific goals you're having issues with?

beejk
08-20-13, 02:34 AM
Is it just me or are the goals kinda useless? they give little coins and little exp( thats ok when you are below lvl 40)
but whats the points in getting exp when you are above lvl40 ( if i am correct thats the lvl you are able to get all dragontypes )

would have been cool if there where some kind of lvl rewards, or better rewards for completing a goal

alastorone
08-20-13, 03:40 AM
Thank you for sharing your feedback about how many goals you receive. Some goals expire after a certain time and goals that correspond with LTI Dragons expire as well. Are there any specific goals you're having issues with?

All the goals that ask you to spend a huge amount of money to win back a few coins and some little XP are pointless to me, or what is the point??? For example : "show your support' goal : Okay great I got the Turquoise Dragon, but 2,000,000 to buy a stone banner to finish the goal, and to win back what? 20,000 coins???? Come ON!!!!!

OlkaDragons
08-20-13, 03:50 AM
Then I analyzed my island to see where I am weak for tournaments. I made a battle matrix with every type of dragon opponent colors and the best/good options

Oh, it is interesting. Can you share your battle matrix? In the Battle Arena topic...

dragon1fighter
08-20-13, 03:56 AM

I have a lot of goals but I don't care to finish them cuz I only go for dragons I like and I dont think you should slow down dragons keep them coming that way I will have more dragons to choose from thnx

caketester88
08-20-13, 04:00 AM

From a players POV, it can get a little overwhelming having so many goals in the list, but apart from taking out really unreasonable/pointless steps in individual goals (like the last posters example of needing to spend 2,000,000 on a banner ), I can't see how you could cut the goals down.

I think making the goals more rewarding would be much better, or instead of making individual goals more rewarding, make it rewarding to complete several goals.
For example, it's pretty easy to get the album rewards, but after the 3rd reward there is still loads of dragons to get (and the less you need, the harder they are to get), yet no reward. So perhaps if there was another album reward it would make the goals more of an attractive task. The album reward could also appear in the goals list, so it's not just an IOS exclusive thing.
EG: goal: collect 100 different dragons and receive the CENTURIAN dragon - an awesome fighter that is born to battle (great in the arena).
The progress towards this can be logged within the goal in the goals list and also in the album, so it covers ALL OS. (centurian, get it - fighter and from the latin 'century' that also means 100 :-D )

Something like that would make it more appealing to try for the many dragons in the goals list that we tend to ignore for whatever reason. It would help us enjoy completeing the individual goals more as we'd be getting closer to the warrior that is the centurian.

beejk is right, after the first 40 levels, xp becomes non important and being a higher level becomes non important, so completeing the goals just for the xp is not something we do and the financial rewards are not worth it either.

jua1978
08-20-13, 04:03 AM
42 goals for me hahahaha, I dont know which to do first, the diamond dragon is important for me to get now as I am on level 96. Received 3 sunrise dragons now in a row. Some goals expire and I just dont care anymore. I dont even have a landworm as yet hahahaha

Marmalademuffin
08-20-13, 09:11 AM
I hardly ever look at my goal list anymore. Too many to keep track of. I just try and get the dragons I like and then once in awhile I finish one without even knowing until it pops up that I did it! Like yesterday I finally got the black swan and I was glad but then I found out I finished a goal also. It's much more fun to play this way and not stress out over goals. Also I am fine with all the new dragons. More to choose from and if I don't like it, I don't try for it. Like the new shell dragon looks like a maggot to me. So I don't want him but he is there for those that like him.

mamareader02
08-20-13, 10:01 AM
I don't even look at the goals,if I get one done,it's by coincidence because I bred that dragon.

TinksThots
08-20-13, 10:12 AM
I don't even look at the goals,if I get one done,it's by coincidence because I bred that dragon.
Ditto. I gave up on the DS clipboard almost as soon as I started playing. My little scamps just hop around and play. I feed them if I feel like it, evolve them if one gets to an evolve level, trade off the twins when I get them, and collect coins... that's pretty much it. Sandboxing it, more or less. I couldn't care less what the goals want from me. They started off wanting way too much, so they're simply not part of my game anymore. I do what I want. ^_^

igames4me
08-20-13, 12:34 PM
Make all the rewards be gold instead of coins

dragon1fighter
08-20-13, 12:41 PM
Make all the rewards be gold instead of coins

Yeah then more will try harder to finish them

sapphirecross
08-20-13, 01:32 PM
One suggestion I do have:

The goals for crafting the gemstone dragons are chained so have to be done in order.

That one I do wish would be unchained, I have been stuck at sapphire forever. I have gems to make other dragons that come after, but haven't because I know I'll get the quest later and don't want to make the dragons 2x.

jaybay1147
08-20-13, 01:49 PM
I've played since November and probably could have completed all the goals.

If I wasn't so obsessed with grass types. I literally have one red, yellow, blue, etc. and the rest grass types. x3

[S8] Elsa
08-20-13, 02:14 PM
Is it just me or are the goals kinda useless? they give little coins and little exp( thats ok when you are below lvl 40)
but whats the points in getting exp when you are above lvl40 ( if i am correct thats the lvl you are able to get all dragontypes )

would have been cool if there where some kind of lvl rewards, or better rewards for completing a goal

Thanks, I'l pass on that you'd like to see better rewards and incentives for completing goals.

From a players POV, it can get a little overwhelming having so many goals in the list, but apart from taking out really unreasonable/pointless steps in individual goals (like the last posters example of needing to spend 2,000,000 on a banner ), I can't see how you could cut the goals down.

I think making the goals more rewarding would be much better, or instead of making individual goals more rewarding, make it rewarding to complete several goals.
For example, it's pretty easy to get the album rewards, but after the 3rd reward there is still loads of dragons to get (and the less you need, the harder they are to get), yet no reward. So perhaps if there was another album reward it would make the goals more of an attractive task. The album reward could also appear in the goals list, so it's not just an IOS exclusive thing.
EG: goal: collect 100 different dragons and receive the CENTURIAN dragon - an awesome fighter that is born to battle (great in the arena).
The progress towards this can be logged within the goal in the goals list and also in the album, so it covers ALL OS. (centurian, get it - fighter and from the latin 'century' that also means 100 :-D )

Something like that would make it more appealing to try for the many dragons in the goals list that we tend to ignore for whatever reason. It would help us enjoy completeing the individual goals more as we'd be getting closer to the warrior that is the centurian.

beejk is right, after the first 40 levels, xp becomes non important and being a higher level becomes non important, so completeing the goals just for the xp is not something we do and the financial rewards are not worth it either.

Thanks for sharing your suggestions. It has been a while since we've had a new Album Reward.