PDA

View Full Version : Even more about hearts

Queenzod
08-18-13, 08:07 PM
I counted up all my neighbors who don't have a heart rating but are still playing, and it's 60%! Isn't anybody tapping hearts anymore? I do every day, and I gotta admit, it's getting hugely tedious tapping over 600 hearts a day. I'm thinking of letting my heart rating drop, too, but I don't want to be thought of as a slacker or something worse. What do people do about this issue? I kind of want to delete those with no hearts, but that would be mean, wouldn't it? Augh! I'm having a crisis!

raycholio
08-18-13, 08:31 PM
I'm not sure it's such a bad thing to have neighbors with no social rating. After all, you get a small bonus for visiting each day. You dont have to visit anyone who has zero hearts, but its good to have them there in case you ever need a few experience points or something... when TL finally gives us some new content, that is.

I try to keep mine at 3 hearts. It's easy to maintain and if I miss a day or two it's not a big deal.

kudukuda
08-18-13, 11:24 PM
I keep my no heart neighbours so i can send them requests for stuff like guards or various items. I try to keep my list to 20-23 and only delete those i see are inactive for a while. I visit all neighbours for the energy and just to be polite so i dont feel bad when i ask them for stuff.

maguar
08-19-13, 01:01 AM
It really depends on the neighbour and your play style. I've got 0 heart neighbours that gift me regularly (thanks very much :)) and ones that I know will answer requests very promptly. There's also no pressure to visit them which is great when I'm time poor.

If they're happy not visiting I'm sure they'd be fine if you don't visit regularly.

Just remember that people who stop playing may still have a heart rating so it's not the best method of seeing if people are active.

minndom
08-19-13, 05:29 AM
I just realised earlier today that my rate had gone to 0 after a lazy period of visiting my neighbours. Keeping it at 4 hearts apparently was too much for me. Nevertheless I gift on daily basis and respond to requests.

venym
08-19-13, 05:37 AM
I don't collect hearts daily but I play all day everyday. I'm addicted. I respond to requests and gift everyday also. I just don't have time to click on hearts all day. I visit neighbors but just to get bonuses. Add me: Venym

I do play regularly

ratandrooster
08-20-13, 09:43 PM
i gift and visit daily but i only get earth wisps from a few (like very few) regular neighbours. the rest don't return but i gift anyway. add me if you want, i can't update my iphone so now i'm playing under a new storm8 id : idonteatoranges

Queenzod
08-21-13, 01:25 AM
I think my problem is that I have too many neighbors! I'm going to be more ruthless about editing.

jimboser
08-21-13, 07:24 AM
Maybe having more hearts should let you send more than 3 gifts per day?

Zero Hearts - 3 gifts
One Heart - 5 gifts
Two Hearts - 8 gifts
Three Hearts - 12 gifts
Four Hearts - 20 Gifts

More encouragement to be social?

Queenzod
08-21-13, 08:19 AM
Maybe having more hearts should let you send more than 3 gifts per day?

Zero Hearts - 3 gifts
One Heart - 5 gifts
Two Hearts - 8 gifts
Three Hearts - 12 gifts
Four Hearts - 20 Gifts

More encouragement to be social?

Jimboser, I think you're onto something! But I do think it needs to be a direct effect on the player. Like you can RECEIVE more gifts if you have a higher heart rating. That might get people out visiting more. I think the incentive as it stands right now is not large enough to overcome inertia. :)

jimboser
08-21-13, 08:55 AM
Jimboser, I think you're onto something! But I do think it needs to be a direct effect on the player. Like you can RECEIVE more gifts if you have a higher heart rating. That might get people out visiting more. I think the incentive as it stands right now is not large enough to overcome inertia. :)

Well, indirectly, that would be the benefit. Players can receive 20 gifts daily now, but can only send 3. Generally when you receive a gift, you then return it, but if you can only send 3, eventually you start receiving only 3 once neighbors figure out you're not gifting regularly.

I've got about 6 folks that gift me regularly, but I can only gift back about every other day to them, I just work from the oldest received gifts back to the more recent. I always feel bad about not being able to gift back more.

Queenzod
08-21-13, 12:22 PM
Well, indirectly, that would be the benefit. Players can receive 20 gifts daily now, but can only send 3. Generally when you receive a gift, you then return it, but if you can only send 3, eventually you start receiving only 3 once neighbors figure out you're not gifting regularly.

I've got about 6 folks that gift me regularly, but I can only gift back about every other day to them, I just work from the oldest received gifts back to the more recent. I always feel bad about not being able to gift back more.

I feel bad about it, too. I also have about six neighbors with whom I exchange regularly, and I agree the three limit is ridiculous. However, 'cos I'm at level 30 I frankly don't even need any of the gifts. I also don't even really need the energy from visiting. Strange to say, but I often have more energy than I know what to do with. That is kind of demotivational for visiting, too.

gfbnm
08-21-13, 10:09 PM
I am maxed and waiting for the update. I have kept my good neighbours even though they may be low. Just hoping that something comes through that gets everyone going again.

The kingdom is sleepy at the moment