PDA

View Full Version : Does upgrading resource buildings increase items drops? Rare drops?

zenak
08-18-13, 09:15 AM
Simply put: does upgrading a sparkling min increase the amount of stuff dropped? Amount of rare drops? Etc and not just the drop speed?

This upgrade is true for libraries, where spell books etc drop at a higher rate. But is this true for say hatchery? Lumbar mill? Knight hall, etc etc

Please no newbies replying. Just level 30's who have data to support their observations. I'm 30, and have been experimenting to see... But not sure yet.

dinendash7474
08-18-13, 09:29 AM
Ive wondered this for a while but with TL constantly tinkering with drop rates its hard to test. All my buildings are the highest level except some windmills so I havent been testing this any longer. I tried to test for a while and never really came to any accurate conclusions. I do think that my windmills that are the highest level drop more flour than the lower levels ones but honestly its not real conclusive. Im pretty sure the drop rates change if there is a part for a goal, which I have definitely noticed. Long time player and I just thought I would throw out my results of in-conclusion when I tried to figure this out.

onemansmiracle
08-18-13, 10:19 AM
Nothing change,except more coins or less freezing time.

kateee021
08-18-13, 06:07 PM
There are definitely benefits. The libraries & Thomas' House need to be upgraded to receive the needed books. The others also do better with gold drops, and its a great way to use up excess intentory.

zenak
08-19-13, 05:22 PM
There are definitely benefits. The libraries & Thomas' House need to be upgraded to receive the needed books. The others also do better with gold drops, and its a great way to use up excess intentory.

Thomas's house drops books???
After what level upgrade??

jtm101
08-19-13, 08:44 PM
I dont think Thomas's house can be upgraded. Unless i'm mistaken...

Thomas's house is a good source for Spellbooks. Especially as you can collect 4 times for every 1 Library collection.

Earlier this year i did a survey of the Spellbook drops from various Library levels and Old Thomas. Its possible that the drop rates have changed but here is what i found.

Sometimes they drop two, which i did include in the stats. I think i started off with 1 Level 5, 1 level 3 and added 3 more librarys upgrading progressively after seeing results as i went.

Lvl 1 - 5/51 @ 10%
Lvl 2 - 9/59 @ 15%
Lvl 3 - 18/135 @ 13%
Lvl 4 - 21/130 @ 16%
Lvl 5 - 41/160 @ 25%

Thomas - 40/155@ 25%

From this i drew the conclusion that Lvl 5 librarys were the best, as well as Old Thomas. So i upgraded all 5 of my librarys to level 5.

zenak
08-20-13, 08:59 AM
Wow. Great data collection.

I experimented with deep mines and knights hall this week. Since upgrading my adamant out and golden nugget drop is up. And my last two days the knights dropped one sword one armor. So I'm thinking the answer is yes on all.

zenak
08-20-13, 09:01 AM
Hmm my Thomas's house doesn't offer and upgrade option?

kikilicious74
08-20-13, 09:03 AM
I believe by Thomas house they meant library.