PDA

View Full Version : Newbie questions...please help. :)

ruthiessweetretreat
08-17-13, 07:40 PM
Hey...I hope I'm not rehashing another thread with these. I looked and couldn't find one.

I just started playing a couple of days ago. Mostly I play Bakery Story but have been active on Restaurant Story and a few other TL games. I'm wondering about a few things:

1. Is there a preferred (or less preferred) gift to give neighbors? In BS I spent weeks sending people brownies before I discovered I was being annoying. I'm hoping to avoid the same pitfall here if possible. I've learned that I can give out 3 gems per day, but after that, what should I be sending?

2. I get how the sparkling thing happens, and the coins that show up when you tap on them. But what are the little icons that show up, seemingly randomly, around the house, and also produce coins when tapped? Hearts, flowers, envelopes, gifts...not that I object to any of those, but I'm wondering what they are.

3. Any advice about how to go about pursuing the goals? There are a few that I've not touched yet, because they're simply too expensive for right now. Will they disappear if I leave them alone for too long?

Thanks for your help!

laeriah
08-27-13, 01:09 AM
I normally wait until the end of the day to send gifts, that way, as you only get one gift per person/per day, you can respond to any requests they have sent first. Things like wood bolts and nails would probably be best to send as a lot of items you need to build require these. There is a list on the forum with the heading of "Home Design Update 08-30-13" that tells you what materials you need for each item. Hope that helps some :)

laeriah
08-27-13, 01:13 AM
Sorry make that "Home Design Reference Thread" not the update