PDA

View Full Version : Extra gold

lollipop_rp
08-16-13, 11:11 AM
After the extra gold received from the retiring games, I have 493 gold. I don't know what to do with it.

Currently, I have 2 nests. I like to craft particular decor an snot spend gold on them. So I was wondering, should I save this gold for speeding up eggs and breeding times, save it for a third nest, save it for a dragon, buy decor, etc?

There was a thread similar to this but I couldn't post a poll since I didn't create the thread.

http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57192-what-to-spend-gold-on-after-second-nest

If you chose other please write it below. Sorry if I forget any other possible thing to do with gold.

jumperjing3
08-16-13, 11:41 AM
I got a total of 720 gold as I had 6 of the 7 games retired. I had 463 gold before I got the free gold. So I bought a stain glass dragon...I already have treasure...
Now I'll save for the Midas dragon. I think they are a good investment especially being I'll only be investing with free gold!
After that I will save for some upgrades on habitats.
I have 2 nests already and I find that is enough as I hardly speed breed(occasionally I do) so only a couple times have I ever had the need for more nests.
I would never buy a dragon if its breedable or craftable. Nor would I buy decor...too expensive!...except maybe the 2 gold flowers.

nikkisauro7
08-16-13, 01:51 PM
What do you mean retiring games?

igames4me
08-16-13, 01:55 PM
What do you mean retiring games?

check this thread http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?57130-Retiring-Older-Games

aceblade
08-16-13, 02:18 PM
My "other" choice was to save your gold to buy Treasure Caves (which would earn you more gold). The only catch is, we have no idea if we will be seeing another Treasure Cave any time in the future.

lollipop_rp
08-16-13, 03:03 PM
I don't know about the treasure cave
Maybe it's was a one time thing. But it could be like quetzel and be brought back.

I was thinking about a third nest, but maybe I'll save up some more and see what the future of DS brings us lol

kwhales
08-16-13, 06:21 PM
I had well of 600 gold. Spent 200 in the arctic and now I just use for speeding.

But I do have some put away for those special occasions when I feel generous with TL and give it to them. These times are lovingly called 'gold traps'.

OlkaDragons
08-16-13, 11:42 PM
My choices
- buy a Treasure or Midas dragon
- save for tournaments

I did not save enough for Treasure but I use my extra gold from advertisement game in tournaments.
Third nest is not necessary thing for me (but the second one was the best purchase I did!)

sunkalito
08-17-13, 02:44 AM
I had well of 600 gold. Spent 200 in the arctic and now I just use for speeding.

But I do have some put away for those special occasions when I feel generous with TL and give it to them. These times are lovingly called 'goldtraps'.
LOL :D

I hadn't pondered buying a midas or stainglass... hummm. But then again i would rather save some up formtournaments or something limited.

DweebGirl
08-18-13, 11:35 PM
I think you should save up for a dragon that earns gold, or maybe for a special limited dragon that you really want or missed out on if they bring it back. Unless you breed alot of dragons and those 20+ hrs are always getting in your way then I would 3rd nest. I say spend the gold on something that will earn you gold though.

sunkalito
08-26-13, 04:49 AM
Now I have enough gold for one of the treasure dragons... if I bought one it would probably be stainglass, but on the other hand i feel like i might need a 4-dragon habitat... (Which one, i don't know...maybe magic,but i would like to wait for a light one)

lollipop_rp
08-26-13, 06:37 AM
Maybe I'll get stain glass..
But not yet. I wanna save a lot so that when I but it I'm not stuck with like 14 gold left. I'll wait till 700 maybe. Or maybe 600

sunkalito
08-26-13, 06:44 AM
Maybe I'll get stain glass..
But not yet. I wanna save a lot so that when I but it I'm not stuck with like 14 gold left. I'll wait till 700 maybe. Or maybe 600

hmmmm, i currently can't check on how much stainglass costs. Could you please tell me? :)

lollipop_rp
08-26-13, 07:08 AM
Oops sorry I meant I'll wait till I have 900
I thought the stain glass was 550 gold but its actually 800 gold.
All of the treasures are 800 :(

sunkalito
08-26-13, 07:20 AM
Oops sorry I meant I'll wait till I have 900
I thought the stain glass was 550 gold but its actually 800 gold.
All of the treasures are 800 :(

ah, thought so... because i have the same "problem" you do. i don't wanna buy it and then "only" end up with 100 gold. i mean, i never know when i'll need that flor a tournament or speed breeding for a limited edition!

mrarfan
08-26-13, 07:36 AM
My choices
- buy a Treasure or Midas dragon
- save for tournaments

I did not save enough for Treasure but I use my extra gold from advertisement game in tournaments.
Third nest is not necessary thing for me (but the second one was the best purchase I did!)

Yep! I won't buy a 3rd nest! 2 is enough except if you're bankcrupt! :P
I have 700 now! Saving for Midas...Unfortunately...No 8M coins! What a JOKE! Hahaha

pegasus14
08-26-13, 07:50 AM
I got a total of 720 gold as I had 6 of the 7 games retired. I had 463 gold before I got the free gold. So I bought a stain glass dragon...I already have treasure...
Now I'll save for the Midas dragon. I think they are a good investment especially being I'll only be investing with free gold!
After that I will save for some upgrades on habitats.
I have 2 nests already and I find that is enough as I hardly speed breed(occasionally I do) so only a couple times have I ever had the need for more nests.
I would never buy a dragon if its breedable or craftable. Nor would I buy decor...too expensive!...except maybe the 2 gold flowers.

Pretty much exactly what my strategy is.

vozier
08-26-13, 08:05 AM
For us crippled ANDROID users, you forgot the very attractive option to save for a premium 4 dragon and 10K coin cap habitats.
I am saving for one now, after he third nest and speeding breeding times evry once in a while.
I am tempted to save for a diamond dragon, but 2000 is way too far in the future, and i keep trying to breed one... not having one before lvl100 will be a bummer, but a very close reality.

Goldtraps are just a big theft, shame on you TL, thats really not honest.

lollipop_rp
08-26-13, 11:56 AM
ah, thought so... because i have the same "problem" you do. i don't wanna buy it and then "only" end up with 100 gold. i mean, i never know when i'll need that flor a tournament or speed breeding for a limited edition!

Yeah and now it's worse. I had 514 gold. After the ethereal tournament I now have 347 gold -_-

sunkalito
08-26-13, 12:48 PM
Yeah and now it's worse. I had 514 gold. After the ethereal tournament I now have 347 gold -_-

Yikes :( i actually have more gold... Got game installs. I have 955, that's an insane amount! And i spent like 90gold in the phoenix tournament. But this time i must have spent less than 20 gold or whatever. Just got lucky i guess.