PDA

View Full Version : Comet Dragon Quest

Pages : [1] 2

kooky panda
08-15-13, 04:14 PM
New Comet Dragon!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/2E0765B3-8648-4A3F-A3B4-DC2AD65DD0D7_zpsdrkvxwyg.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/2E0765B3-8648-4A3F-A3B4-DC2AD65DD0D7_zpsdrkvxwyg.png.html)

http://forum.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=9541&d=1376608636

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zpsa7d63a55.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zpsa7d63a55.png.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps27a51ab1.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps27a51ab1.png.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps7043ac98.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps7043ac98.png.html)

picklylily
08-15-13, 04:18 PM
Any pictures of Comet? :3

igames4me
08-15-13, 04:20 PM
Ugh don't have moon on main account

metsfreek
08-15-13, 04:29 PM
Another Red and Yellow haha.

kwhales
08-15-13, 04:31 PM
Cool. Another quest. It will give my fire a rest from bring home the gold (and much needed coins).

NouraMoh
08-15-13, 04:32 PM
Just sent my Atlantis out! My Moon needs to heal first :)
Good luck to all of us :)

alyssafriends
08-15-13, 04:49 PM
I'm wondering if anyone is actually getting anything from the quests. I've had a dragon questing for samurai pieces since it started and only have 1 piece so far. I haven't even started the second one...

lollipop_rp
08-15-13, 05:03 PM
I don't have samurai, knight, and now this

Man, do I need I catch up lol

tuskmage
08-15-13, 05:04 PM
I'm wondering if anyone is actually getting anything from the quests. I've had a dragon questing for samurai pieces since it started and only have 1 piece so far. I haven't even started the second one...

Yes! I got both quests dragon ;)

sunkalito
08-15-13, 05:04 PM
No moon. Boo.

maj1977
08-15-13, 05:13 PM
I did get the Samari and one piece of the knight but I can't breed a kite dragon so I'm gonna abandon that one for now as I have both dragons needed for these quests. I like these dragons bc I feel like eventually I will get the pieces. With breeding, some of them seem impossible.

alyssafriends
08-15-13, 05:23 PM
I did get the Samari and one piece of the knight but I can't breed a kite dragon so I'm gonna abandon that one for now as I have both dragons needed for these quests. I like these dragons bc I feel like eventually I will get the pieces. With breeding, some of them seem impossible.

Wow...I feel the opposite. I'm only missing 10 dragons but only have one piece of samurai and 0 of knight

angellahg
08-15-13, 05:27 PM

Im still at 0 pieces for samurai and knight with daily quests!!

kwhales
08-15-13, 05:34 PM
I got both, but apparently I didn't do samurai in the right order so I never completed the goal. I'd have to get another samurai to get rid of it in my goal book. Ridiculous really.

NouraMoh
08-15-13, 05:45 PM
Kwhales
I had the exact same problem with Knight
I crafted it and got it to level 7 I think but the goal wouldn't go away
When I updated a few days ago to get that "dark cold creepy cave", the goal was completed and it's now gone from my goal book :)

pribakes
08-15-13, 05:50 PM
I Wish I could have this one, but I send my dragons everyday, but only once I received part as reward , WHY IS IT SO DIFFICULT ? Anybody have any tip? Thanks

mrarfan
08-15-13, 05:51 PM
Stop making Red & Yellow! I'm getting dizzy with all these 'bright' colors! LOL
Questing for items parts for dragons are as hard as a rock! I can tell because I went to the Knight Dragon Quest 5 times and all 5 times I only got is 5 lotus blossom..=_=

kwhales
08-15-13, 05:55 PM
Kwhales
I had the exact same problem with Knight
I crafted it and got it to level 7 I think but the goal wouldn't go away
When I updated a few days ago to get that "dark cold creepy cave", the goal was completed and it's now gone from my goal book :)

Naw, mine is still there. Pony said i have to redo the quest. Ahh nope. Need coins for iceland and those hungry buggers.

08-15-13, 06:21 PM
I do quests daily and have only gotten one piece for both dragons. Just sent moon out. Don't think I have moon on this account. Or justice, kite and peacock. Dumb dragons! I don't want to welcome them anyways!

I do hope this means they want to join me soon. ;)

midnightmeerkat
08-15-13, 06:22 PM
I got both, but apparently I didn't do samurai in the right order so I never completed the goal. I'd have to get another samurai to get rid of it in my goal book. Ridiculous really.

I had that problem with knight and I sent an email to support and they (eventually) fixed the goal problem for me ....

dragon1fighter
08-15-13, 06:35 PM
No moon + no Atlantis = no Comet :(

NouraMoh
08-15-13, 06:42 PM
Naw, mine is still there. Pony said i have to redo the quest. Ahh nope. Need coins for iceland and those hungry buggers.

No you don't !!
Just email Support and they'll fix it
It might take a few days but they get things done. Sometimes :/
(My Fire is still invisible)

dreamydragon02
08-15-13, 07:29 PM
I'm still working on last armor of samurai, haven't gotten anything for knight :( now this!!! I will never get that dragon :( why make the quests a full day? Come on, make it 5 hrs so we can have a better chance :-/

Sidni7
08-16-13, 10:26 AM
:( why make the quests a full day? Come on, make it 5 hrs so we can have a better chance :-/
If they made it easy, desperate peeps wouldn't buy and spend gold. Its always about money.

kooky panda
08-16-13, 10:40 AM
I'm still working on last armor of samurai, haven't gotten anything for knight :( now this!!! I will never get that dragon :( why make the quests a full day? Come on, make it 5 hrs so we can have a better chance :-/

I believe they make the quest long and tough to keep this challenging and so members do not complete this within a few days.

s_lynne
08-16-13, 11:39 AM
Another quest where I WILL NEVER get the items needed to craft it. I still haven't gotten any of the items for Samurai and Knight, and now this?? Yay, I'm filled with so much excitement!!!

#SARCASM

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:13 PM

OMG! I thought it was just me!! I got the pieces for samurai and crafted it, but I did it backwards! I have the goal still, and my justice is not looking in the right places, it never comes back with samurai pieces, just food or coins. Grr!

nbella1414
08-16-13, 01:27 PM
Good lord ANOTHER new dragon?! I'm still nowhere NEAR getting samurai or knight and I have been questing nonstop. Give us a break already. New dragons everyday and no time to breed them all! Sheesh!!!

Keelia1Kacila
08-16-13, 09:41 PM
Your lucky, I sent mine for about a solid month and a half, and I still don't have a single piece for that silly samurai. I finally gave up just long enough to get the quest for the best quest done. You know the one you have to send your island out 40 times and your magic out 30 times. I was about done with that when the comet dragon quest came up. I just can't keep up with team lava and all these dragons.

Keelia1Kacila
08-16-13, 09:44 PM
What Dark cold creepy cave? I don't have that one yet. Mind if I ask what device you are playing on? Some devices get the goodies and quests before others, that is why I ask.

dragon1fighter
08-16-13, 10:07 PM
Good lord ANOTHER new dragon?! I'm still nowhere NEAR getting samurai or knight and I have been questing nonstop. Give us a break already. New dragons everyday and no time to breed them all! Sheesh!!!

You don't have to breed this one :)

Oliver118
08-16-13, 11:45 PM
Yay! I have Moon and Atlantis. Yoohoo! (I got Moon first try and Atlantis when I was trying to get an Aurora dragon, to this day I haven't got one but I do have an Atlantis dragon and a Wizard dragon to remind me of it)

Oliver118
08-16-13, 11:47 PM
You don't have to breed this one :)

Yeah, good point! But I'm like nbella1414, I am nowhere near Samurai or Knight. I have none of the dragons required for Knight and I don't have Landworm.

kwhales
08-17-13, 05:48 AM
Woohoo. one day later, 10,000 coins gone and moon brings home 250 apples. So proud of him.

kwhales
08-17-13, 05:51 AM
OMG! I thought it was just me!! I got the pieces for samurai and crafted it, but I did it backwards! I have the goal still, and my justice is not looking in the right places, it never comes back with samurai pieces, just food or coins. Grr!

No way am I looking for samurai pieces again. Way to expensive for bits of food and handfuls of coins. I'd rather have the goal hang out and send fire and magic out for the same thing, plus fire brought back much needed gold on several occasions.

MariaVamp
08-17-13, 06:08 AM
I still try get samurai and are already 2 more quest dragons added... Maybe considering rising the chance to get the items a bit???

metsfreek
08-17-13, 07:52 AM
Yeah the chances of acquiring a piece are pitiful.

dragon1fighter
08-17-13, 09:30 AM
Atlantis bring a piece first try but I have no moon to send quest

kidphantom11
08-17-13, 08:31 PM
anyone know why i'm not getting this quest?

MariaVamp
08-18-13, 12:18 AM
I believe they make the quest long and tough to keep this challenging and so members do not complete this within a few days.

Not in few days i get it, but how many months is since the samurai relish???

dreamydragon02
08-19-13, 08:43 AM

But don't you thing a few months for one piece of armor is ridiculous? I mean its getting boring not being able to clear these goals :( at this rate it will take a year to complete one goal :(

s_lynne
08-19-13, 03:22 PM
I've completely had it with these quests. I'm still not gettin any pieces that I need. All I get is
40,000c, 20,000c, Lotus Blossoms. And more countless coins. This is boring!!!!!!

sapphirecross
08-19-13, 04:00 PM
Are you all serious????

You have to do them in order to count for the quest?? So if I only have one of the 2 or 3 dragons, instead of sending it out day after day til I find the piece - I am supposed to wait til I breed the other dragons then do them in order or the goal won't complete? So I email TL to fix it??

Speechless.

I only have Atlantis and Kite, and actually got one piece. And does this "comets can only be seen for a limited time" deal means this quest has a limited time but just no timer/announcement yet?

lunarbunny
08-19-13, 04:07 PM
Are you all serious????

You have to do them in order to count for the quest?? So if I only have one of the 2 or 3 dragons, instead of sending it out day after day til I find the piece - I am supposed to wait til I breed the other dragons then do them in order or the goal won't complete? So I email TL to fix it??

Speechless.

I only have Atlantis and Kite, and actually got one piece. And does this "comets can only be seen for a limited time" deal means this quest has a limited time but just no timer/announcement yet?

You dont have to do the quests in order! I was a beta tester for samurai quests, got 2 steel quickly but it took months for the sword! For the knight quests at first I only had peacock, and took me a few weeks to get its piece. Got Kite recently, and it still hasnt brought me anything! So dont give up yet I dont think the quests are meant to be done quickly:)

As for the comet being limited, I havent heard anything about it. But I hope not because I dont even have a Moon!

chewytwix
08-19-13, 09:12 PM
I've completely had it with these quests. I'm still not gettin any pieces that I need. All I get is
40,000c, 20,000c, Lotus Blossoms. And more countless coins. This is boring!!!!!!

I get 50 apples or 100 coins, so I consider that pretty good, lol.

Yeah these quests seem like a waste

tuskmage
08-19-13, 11:20 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/2f64202b44595866abb2affddcf55819_zps6082f577.jpg

Got them no problem ;)

kwhales
08-20-13, 03:12 AM
Are you all serious????

Speechless.

For the samurai you do have to do goals in order. If you get the samurai first before finishing certain goals, the goals will never get met. See the questing main thread around page 84 and 85. I have Sami but the goals won't go away.

kms899
08-20-13, 05:04 AM
My Atlantis is being lazy, he's just bring coins back.

dragon1fighter
08-20-13, 05:11 AM
My atlantis bring back item first try but I have not got moon :(

kms899
08-20-13, 05:39 AM
My atlantis bring back item first try but I have not got moon :(

i'm still after moon dragon as well.

Emmzo123
08-20-13, 05:45 AM
TL when will the quests be available for android! I really want to do these for coins, food, gold and dragons!

The comet dragon looks really cool! Has anyone been able to get it yet? Friend has been trying since it came out but she hasn't even gotten one piece

jonathanharker
08-20-13, 10:14 AM
Have never gotten a single quest dragon and have been doing daily quests since they came out. Such a frustrating feature.

izyalfie
08-20-13, 09:06 PM
Yet again, iOS only

Getting frustrated here

wendelter
08-21-13, 02:44 PM
I got the comets tail the first time I did the quest...:)

camelot7
08-22-13, 05:04 PM
I got the comets tail the first time I did the quest...:)
Same here on the comets core. Wonder how long it will be before we get the other part?

lolzillaz
08-23-13, 06:22 PM
I like this comet dragon I only pray the chances are better than the Samurai Dragon.

keeli84
08-24-13, 12:43 AM
I like this comet dragon I only pray the chances are better than the Samurai Dragon.

They don't seem to be unfortunately. I haven't gotten a single item for Samurai or Comet despite sending out dragons daily. I managed to get 1 Knight banner. Then tried forever to get another piece with no luck. When Comet cameo out I switched to it, hoping I'd have better luck. But so far nothing. What is the point of quests if we can't get anything after months & months? This is one new feature they might as well have skipped. Android should be glad they don't have it. It's just a frustration & an attempt to get us to spend insane amounts of gold on one dragon.

gin0531
08-24-13, 09:30 AM
Another Red and Yellow haha.

Why, I wonder, did they go with Red and Yellow.
Why not cosmic? I know they took them away, but my cosmic dragon is all alone and COMET? isn't that a cosmos item?

MariaVamp
08-24-13, 09:32 AM
TL when will the quests be available for android! I really want to do these for coins, food, gold and dragons!

The comet dragon looks really cool! Has anyone been able to get it yet? Friend has been trying since it came out but she hasn't even gotten one piece

Yet? Hahaha! Most of us still try get samurai, and trust me you wont gain much from the quests

kwhales
08-25-13, 06:37 AM
I had to put my comet quest on hold. Need to send out fire for some much needed gold. He brought back a bunch before, hope he does this time too. Darn tournament.

kms899
08-25-13, 07:13 AM
I have the comet tail, but can't get the other, don't have the moon dragon yet.

Oliver118
08-26-13, 11:59 PM
This quest is getting boring, I have been sending my Moon dragon on quest continually, but still no Comet's Core. Looks like this may take a long time...

NouraMoh
08-27-13, 01:45 AM
Finally got 1 Comet Core, 2 more to go :/

dragon1fighter
08-27-13, 04:22 AM
I have the comet tail, but can't get the other, don't have the moon dragon yet.

Me too!

dinendash7474
08-27-13, 04:30 PM
Glad Im not the only one struggling to get parts for the quest dragons. Only need the Kite part for the Knight dragon and have 1 Comet Core (got lucky with that, got coins, game crashed shortly after, logged back in quest still there and bam Comet Core.... Suprised it didnt happen the other way LOL) and that's it. Ive been trying since the day they came out and I got nothing for the longest time and only got a few parts in the past few weeks. Lame....

Sumercarefree
08-27-13, 08:59 PM
Hmm this dragon is not as easy as it seems . They love to give me coins only.

sunkalito
08-27-13, 11:52 PM
My atlantis dragon needs a pair of glasses. Darn thing can't find thestupid quest item even if it dangles right in front of his face.
What irks me is that a) I don't have moon dragon, b) I don't have kite, and since samurai has just gone limited, i guess it's safe to say those other two quests are gonna go away and i haven't even had a real chance at them. What BOGUS!!

kms899
08-29-13, 11:35 AM
Finally got the moon dragon, so I can start to collect the comet core.

swannygirl
09-09-13, 04:02 PM
So is anyone else having major difficulties getting comet cores? Are my chances of obtaining one greater when my Moon dragon is a higher level?

09-09-13, 04:36 PM
I've yet to get one piece and I'm Sending moon out daily.

fattom19
09-09-13, 04:40 PM
So is anyone else having major difficulties getting comet cores? Are my chances of obtaining one greater when my Moon dragon is a higher level?

I have a theory on that actually, I believe that you have the best chances when your dragon is in the form that's shown in the pic next to the quest, for ex the moon would be in its adult form (lv7-9)... I say this after getting the knight dragon in about a week and a half after doing this, I was so frustrated that my epic peacock went out about twenty times and nothing so I decided to send my lv three and in two days bam! Got the piece, then I did the same for the other two parts and in about ten days got them all... Now I'm not saying this means ur going to get the pieces immediately I just feel it increases ur chances due to success I've had doing it this way

dracoonic
09-09-13, 07:12 PM
I have been sending atlantis lv 9 for 2-3 weeks, nothing. Last time the samurai dragon i send out justice for 2 months+ before i get the sword. oh well...

richellabenoja
09-09-13, 09:40 PM
hi kooky can someone fix my account coz i aint gettin any piece of useful thing on this outpost since it was released. to think that i send a dragon a day.all i get is coin lotus and apple.��������������������id is jcbratz!

Oliver118
09-09-13, 11:32 PM
Today I have gotten my first Comet's Core! Yayyyyyyy!!!!!!:)
Only 2 more to go!*sigh*(and probably another week of questing, sorry Moon dragon)

Oliver118
09-09-13, 11:33 PM
I have a theory on that actually, I believe that you have the best chances when your dragon is in the form that's shown in the pic next to the quest, for ex the moon would be in its adult form (lv7-9)... I say this after getting the knight dragon in about a week and a half after doing this, I was so frustrated that my epic peacock went out about twenty times and nothing so I decided to send my lv three and in two days bam! Got the piece, then I did the same for the other two parts and in about ten days got them all... Now I'm not saying this means ur going to get the pieces immediately I just feel it increases ur chances due to success I've had doing it this way

Ur so lucky.

DragonRA7
09-10-13, 07:58 AM
Got three comet cores now I just need the tail :)

kooky panda
09-10-13, 10:37 AM
hi kooky can someone fix my account coz i aint gettin any piece of useful thing on this outpost since it was released. to think that i send a dragon a day.all i get is coin lotus and apple.��������������������id is jcbratz!

Nothing is wrong with your account. These are meant to be rare items. I have been doing this everyday since it was released and I finally got one part yesterday. :)

eye_of_the_world
09-10-13, 04:02 PM
Nothing is wrong with your account. These are meant to be rare items. I have been doing this everyday since it was released and I finally got one part yesterday. :)

Not rare, you mean super ultra rare lol

DragonRA7
09-14-13, 12:14 PM
I agree they are rare but as I've heard from the Samari dragon some people tried non stop since the release and then it went limited and never got it they should not be that hard to get. Though comet is the first one that I really wanted to go for already got my cores just hope I can get the tail soon...

midnightmeerkat
09-15-13, 12:25 PM
Yay!!! Got my last core today... My comet dragon is crafting - 36 hours to go!

DragonRA7
09-17-13, 08:55 PM
Crafting mine now :)

Oliver118
09-17-13, 10:43 PM
Lucky you! I only got one Comet's Core so far...

heyowomo
09-18-13, 06:30 PM
I have gotten a comets tail but I don't have moon which is like impossible to get so I don't have any comet cores :(

Oliver118
09-18-13, 10:58 PM
I have gotten a comets tail but I don't have moon which is like impossible to get so I don't have any comet cores :(

I have 1 Comet's Core.

PurpleMomOfFive
09-26-13, 10:29 PM
I got the moon dragon pieces in about a week and now I only need the one piece from the Atlantis dragon and can't seem to get it. I've been questing this thing everyday for weeks and nothing. These quests, I thought, were supposed to help us get things we needed, what's the point of having a quest labeled "comets tail" when you can get food, coins, lotus blossoms, etc. it just doesn't seem like it's doing what they claimed it would do. This is the first dragon I have tried to make this way and i am hating it. I am beginning to hate the whole quest feature in General.

mjauuuu
10-16-13, 05:51 AM
I got the moon dragon pieces in about a week and now I only need the one piece from the Atlantis dragon and can't seem to get it. I've been questing this thing everyday for weeks and nothing. These quests, I thought, were supposed to help us get things we needed, what's the point of having a quest labeled "comets tail" when you can get food, coins, lotus blossoms, etc. it just doesn't seem like it's doing what they claimed it would do. This is the first dragon I have tried to make this way and i am hating it. I am beginning to hate the whole quest feature in General.

Just keep questing, you'll get the piece eventually. Hang in there! I have all the comets core needed but still need the comets tail. Have to breed myself an Atlantis first though! Haven't been able to get a single one yet and. I've been playing a loooong time...:p

FigmentValley
10-22-13, 07:39 AM
Hang in there? Not worth it. Continuous quests have yielded zero, zitch, squat, nada. So not worth the bother. On the other hand, the quest for witch's hats to summon dragons is yielding zero, zitch, squat, nada, too, so I don't know why I bother.

creolepraline
10-28-13, 11:28 PM
Finally crafting mine. Woohoo! Now bring samurai back for Xmas! If you can return mistmoth that no one cares about, then you can give us this one. Remove gladiator, he looks sickly.

mrarfan
11-12-13, 08:54 PM
Got a Comet's Tail (Atlantis Dragon's Eternal Flame Quest) after 3 -5 tries!
Now working on Moon Dragon's Lunar Core Quest!

Sumercarefree
11-13-13, 02:54 AM
Got a Comet's Tail (Atlantis Dragon's Eternal Flame Quest) after 3 -5 tries!
Now working on Moon Dragon's Lunar Core Quest!

Keep working. I got my comet after trying for it daily.

esmeetje1990
11-18-13, 02:06 AM
It's strange that some people are so lucky in attaining these parts while others (like me) are so unlucky.

I've been sending out my Atlantis dragon on a daily basis since the Knight quest disappeared (fortunately I was able to get that one) but have only been getting stupid lotuses and coins for weeks. I got 1 Comet's core in the past but I don't think I'll ever get all of the parts for this dragon...

kooky panda
11-18-13, 06:09 AM
This one is taking a long time for me too! I still am missing one piece!!

s_lynne
11-18-13, 01:51 PM
Am I the only only that still don't have ANY pieces to craft this dragon?? I've been sendin my dragons out for pieces for what feels like months and yet I still have nothing. This is why I missed out on the Knight Dragon cuz no matter how often I sent my dragons out, none of them bought back the pieces I needed. I'm getting beyond pissed with this feature. Over the past few months all I've gotten was Lotus Blossoms and Coins. Are you kidding me???

Comet's Lunar Core- 0/3
Eternal Flame Of Atlantis- 0/1

This is my progress and I've been sending my dragons out since the Comet Dragon came out. Meanwhile a few of my neighbors have two or three and I'm struggling just to obtain one. Tell me, is that fair???

AzHadz
11-18-13, 06:45 PM
Am I the only only that still don't have ANY pieces to craft this dragon?? I've been sendin my dragons out for pieces for what feels like months and yet I still have nothing. This is why I missed out on the Knight Dragon cuz no matter how often I sent my dragons out, none of them bought back the pieces I needed. I'm getting beyond pissed with this feature. Over the past few months all I've gotten was Lotus Blossoms and Coins. Are you kidding me???

Comet's Lunar Core- 0/3
Eternal Flame Of Atlantis- 0/1

This is my progress and I've been sending my dragons out since the Comet Dragon came out. Meanwhile a few of my neighbors have two or three and I'm struggling just to obtain one. Tell me, is that fair???

Try having all but one piece of a dragon (Samurai...missing the sword) and having it discontinued before getting the last piece after a solid 3 months of trying for it. Really stupid and quite aggravating.

000gargoil000
11-19-13, 09:06 AM
Feels like i've been looking for that last piece of core forever.
Months..

kooky panda
11-20-13, 12:06 PM
FINALLY!!! CRAFTING THIS BAD BOY!!

http://i321.photobucket.com/albums/nn380/lolilpopgal/panda/1861453hglezarcet.gif (http://media.photobucket.com/user/lolilpopgal/media/panda/1861453hglezarcet.gif.html)

toaster321
11-20-13, 04:24 PM
Lucky u kooky

toaster321
11-20-13, 04:26 PM
Also congrats

kooky panda
11-21-13, 03:50 PM
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/2E0765B3-8648-4A3F-A3B4-DC2AD65DD0D7_zpsdrkvxwyg.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/2E0765B3-8648-4A3F-A3B4-DC2AD65DD0D7_zpsdrkvxwyg.png.html)

picklylily
11-22-13, 04:38 AM
Is this thing working? I've been questing with Atlantis since this came out. And still nothing :(

kooky panda
11-22-13, 05:54 AM
To me this was the hardest one! I just now got mine and I have been on this quest since it first came out(small break during summoning).

000gargoil000
11-22-13, 06:54 AM
Sweet! Just got my third core. Comet dragon is now being crafted.
Like kooky it feels like i've been trying forever.

creolepraline
11-22-13, 02:14 PM
Mines shows that its limited. As a matter or fact ALL of the items in my crafting building shows they're limited. Anyone else have this? I need the core and I'll be done with this. It's been ready for three days but I'm too lazy to click on the building.

doop01
11-22-13, 02:20 PM
Mines shows that its limited. As a matter or fact ALL of the items in my crafting building shows they're limited. Anyone else have this? I need the core and I'll be done with this. It's been ready for three days but I'm too lazy to click on the building.
Yeah, I saw some people mention this in the update thread. It was checked and they're not limited. Just a bit of a boo boo with the update I think :)

kooky panda
11-22-13, 03:50 PM

A glitch . None of these are expiring

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?61750-All-crafting-dragons-showing-limited-in-my-craft-building&p=786578&viewfull=1#post786578

ericrypt
11-22-13, 05:33 PM
FINALLY got mine today! Man! This one took FOREVER to get but I'm a happy camper now. It's a really cool looking dragon!

tuckersthe2
12-04-13, 09:40 AM
I am on level 86 and have been trying for 4 months and have not been able to get any comet pieces and I send the Atlantis &/or the Moon dragon every other day. What is the trick?

walhalladragon
12-05-13, 08:15 PM
I have been alternating these quest for days and all I get is coins. How do I get the parts I need? The quest take so long and it seems a waste of time for coins. Is there a trick to getting the parts needed for the dragons?

Scarletfyr
12-10-13, 02:16 PM
I have been doing the same everyday since they came out with no results.

jim23cash
12-10-13, 05:29 PM
I still only have one piece, and I am really tired of paying, waiting an entire day and getting a stupid lotus flower in return. What a booby prize. I can get them free from neighbors, IF I NEED THEM. Please at least give us something useful in return for our $ and time!

Kami365
12-10-13, 09:27 PM
I got my Comet Last week after send moon at least 30 times or more to get parts ,almost dishearten but finally I got it, happy now.Good Luck everyone.

chaselance
12-27-13, 09:27 AM
I have been send moon out on quests for three months straight only stopped for dragon summoning and than restarted and I still need two more comet pieces. I mean I understand that the quests are suppose to be a challenge but I mean really over six months total trying to get these parts and still missing two is ridiculous I think they need to look into these quests and make them a little more realistic to achieve because players really start to get disappointed and lose interest in game if they are not seeing any results.

danni7788
12-30-13, 10:02 AM
I have been send moon out on quests for three months straight only stopped for dragon summoning and than restarted and I still need two more comet pieces. I mean I understand that the quests are suppose to be a challenge but I mean really over six months total trying to get these parts and still missing two is ridiculous I think they need to look into these quests and make them a little more realistic to achieve because players really start to get disappointed and lose interest in game if they are not seeing any results.

I agree. I still have 2 pieces left as well. You'd never know I have a moon dragon because he is literally always on a quest. I don't do any other quests except when there are summonings

fattom19
01-07-14, 08:12 AM
I agree. I still have 2 pieces left as well. You'd never know I have a moon dragon because he is literally always on a quest. I don't do any other quests except when there are summonings

You should try to do what I did to get all the quest dragons, I figured something out and its just a theory but it worked me me very quickly. I would look at the picture of the dragon next to the quest and then make sure the dragon i sent on the quest was in that form, for example I was sending my epic moon over and over and over and I got NOTHING. Then I decided I would breed another moon and leave him at his adult form (form that the pictured moon dragon is in) and I got all three pieces within a week and a half! I swear this works and I used the same theory for the Knight dragon and got all the parts within 2 weeks. This is just a theory but one that I believe truly works so hopefully some of you try it and have success like I did. Im not sayng you will get them the first time you send it out but the parts seem to come MUCH quicker. GOOD LUCK!!

midnightmeerkat
01-09-14, 01:47 PM
Yahoo!! My Atlantis finally brought back the comets tail ... Got all the pieces to craft comet on my 2nd game

danni7788
01-09-14, 02:48 PM
Yahoo!! My Atlantis finally brought back the comets tail ... Got all the pieces to craft comet on my 2nd game

Congrats!! I now have the tail and 2 core... Just need that last piece!

midnightmeerkat
01-09-14, 07:37 PM
Congrats!! I now have the tail and 2 core... Just need that last piece!

I have been sending my Atlantis every day (except for when the summoning was on ofc) for months trying for that last piece

danni7788
01-11-14, 11:38 AM
Just got my final piece to craft comet!! As soon as platinum is done crafting I can finally do it! Wow it has been months and months and I luckily got 2 pieces this past week!

s_lynne
01-15-14, 08:55 AM
Omg, I finally got the last piece I needed for this dragon. I swear it must have taken my Atlantis Dragon months to find that comet tail. My comet is now being crafted, I'm really excited! Yay me!!!!!

kooky panda
01-15-14, 03:02 PM
Omg, I finally got the last piece I needed for this dragon. I swear it must have taken my Atlantis Dragon months to find that comet tail. My comet is now being crafted, I'm really excited! Yay me!!!!!
Yeah You!!!

This one was a really tough one for me too!

rosewaterlily
01-24-14, 09:12 PM
Got my third comet core finally! I got two of them on back to back days quite some time ago and have been waiting for the last piece. Crafting the comet now, yay!

rissah
01-31-14, 09:50 AM
Don't give up, I've been sending my moon dragon out every day and finally got the last two cores within a week of each other!

MazReptile
04-06-14, 08:22 AM
So I've got the tail and one core... I'm having major trouble get 2 more parts of core.
But my Moon Dragon never gives me them from the quest. Been trying since this dragon came out.
Has anyone else got the dragon through quest collecting??

meoconlunar
04-06-14, 08:26 AM
I try atlantis for about 5,6 times and have just been received ... food, coin and lotus blossom = =!

MakJulos
04-06-14, 08:34 AM
I got Atlantis a week ago and have sent it off a few times, received coins and food only so far, but i still like this idea...maybe i don't if i still haven't gotten any Comet part after a year or so lol.

I don't have Moon dragon yet so not really stressed up anyway, and i imagine getting Moon can be time consuming in itself too so....I guess Comet dragon won't be mine until sometime in a very distant future :)

Drachenia
04-06-14, 08:58 AM
http://s14.directupload.net/images/140406/2ellldh2.jpg (http://www.directupload.net)

Hello can only conclude with Moon Dragon Quest. Only the Moon brings the Meteor parts for the quest

kooky panda
04-06-14, 09:28 AM
So I've got the tail and one core... I'm having major trouble get 2 more parts of core.
But my Moon Dragon never gives me them from the quest. Been trying since this dragon came out.
Has anyone else got the dragon through quest collecting??
I did get mine, but this was the hardest one! It took me alot of tries to get my last piece.

MazReptile
04-06-14, 12:11 PM
I've been trying loads and still needs 2 cores before I can craft. I've done it for months now, everyday. This by far is the hardest dragon to get things for. My diamonds were easier lol

Anaboe
04-06-14, 07:23 PM
Then you're one of the lucky ones. I've been playing for a year now, and still don't have a Diamond. The comet was far more easy than the Diamond.

MazReptile
04-06-14, 08:39 PM
Took me a year to get my diamond and it seems it gonna be the same for the comet it seems

MBerkay
05-29-14, 11:39 PM
I've been sending Atlantis out for almost two weeks now and nothing but food, lotus blossom, etc. everything but the Comet's tail. How hard are these to get honestly. I'm seeing people taking months to get these. Is this really that difficult to get? I'm getting super rare dragons faster than getting these, really?

meoconlunar
05-30-14, 12:11 AM
yes, comet is really hard to get, I used 2 months to finish it.

deadpixel
05-30-14, 12:47 AM
It took me a few months of fails to get it.

MBerkay
05-30-14, 02:07 AM
It's pretty sad if the items are that rare, especially when you can only send out one quest at a time (or day in these cases). Seems really unfair to us to make a quest that takes so long to achieve.

MakJulos
05-30-14, 07:52 AM
It's pretty sad if the items are that rare, especially when you can only send out one quest at a time (or day in these cases). Seems really unfair to us to make a quest that takes so long to achieve.

I think this quest is broken - not completely ofc, i guess a lucky few actually get Comet parts dropping now and then, but TL really has gotten the droprates wrong. And it's even tougher nowadays when you so often "must" do the event quests rather than send Atlantis off to look for Comet parts....they really should get better at tweaking the rest of the game when they implement new features imo.

Myself i haven't even a Moon dragon to do that half of the quest so Comet dragon is very far away, but i've sent Atlantis off so many times in between event questing just to get some progress, but getting nothing but disappointment out of it.

kindredfire
06-01-14, 03:21 PM
Is it better to go on these quests with an epic Atlantis / epic moon?
Does that raise the chances of collecting the pieces. I have tried each quest about 15 times (I know I know not a lot). But all I seem to get are lotus and coins :/ am I doing something wrong?
I've even waited to do the quests after the reset at night so if there's like a quest limit a day it wouldn't conflict.... Still nothing

kooky panda
06-01-14, 05:51 PM
Is it better to go on these quests with an epic Atlantis / epic moon?
Does that raise the chances of collecting the pieces. I have tried each quest about 15 times (I know I know not a lot). But all I seem to get are lotus and coins :/ am I doing something wrong?
I've even waited to do the quests after the reset at night so if there's like a quest limit a day it wouldn't conflict.... Still nothing

The level of your dragon does not matter.
The items you need are very rare drops and it can take a while to get all the pieces.
I did find that this one was the hardest to complete.

jptheripper
06-03-14, 05:52 AM
Are we ever going to get new quest dragons?

PineapplePigeon
06-05-14, 03:38 PM
Are we ever going to get new quest dragons?

I know right! Hopefully with easier dragons. Not everyone has a moon :(

MakJulos
06-05-14, 04:02 PM
I know right! Hopefully with easier dragons. Not everyone has a moon :(

I have no Moon either, but working on it...and sending that Atlantis off every day - still no luck, it is a nasty quest...it's so nasty that next time there's a summoning or world event i'll just skip the few tokens gotten from event quest and continue sending off Atlantis instead - eventually i'll score...i hope lol!:)

Zummat
06-09-14, 06:51 PM
I just got the comets tail. Yay! I have a level 3 dragons that their only job is to go on the quests. Except when we have a world event I've been questing for the comet's tail. Only took about 2 months. Before I started questing for the comet's tail, I had sent my moon dragon out several times and got one comet's core. Only have to get two more comet's core and I'll be able to craft the dragon. :)

rwena
06-09-14, 08:06 PM
I cannot breed a Moon Dragon to save my life. Have been trying for over 8 months off and on. Along with a Stone Dragon. I think the two of them are playing hide and seek.

AJImmer
06-11-14, 12:01 PM
I started keeping track in late-April - I've sent out my Moon dragon on the "Comet's Lunar Core" quest 34 times and no parts yet. Try #35 is going now.

Oliver118
06-11-14, 11:08 PM
Since this dragon was released I've been doing Comet's Lunar Core. Guess what I've got-one Comet's Core. One!

If I do not get this dragon by the end of July, I'm giving up.

AJImmer
06-16-14, 11:04 AM
I started keeping track in late-April - I've sent out my Moon dragon on the "Comet's Lunar Core" quest 34 times and no parts yet. Try #35 is going now.

Woo Hoo Hoo! I got my first comet core today (on the 39th quest).

kindredfire
06-17-14, 08:28 PM
Fiiiiiiinally got my comet. Took foreeeeever!
If it wasn't such a pain in the bum, I would go for a second

AJImmer
06-20-14, 04:29 PM
Fiiiiiiinally got my comet. Took foreeeeever!

Congratulations!

dala12
06-21-14, 03:05 AM
Yes, I have it! First I needed to get the dragons and then I have to sent them..... But I did it!

chalupa2030
06-21-14, 04:46 AM
Woo Hoo Hoo! I got my first comet core today (on the 39th quest).

Well I'm about due!! Been sending out for that tail pretty much every day for a year! It's almost done....I will be back!

freshfunin2008
06-23-14, 11:11 AM
I have had 1 core and 1 tail for about 3 months. I can not get another core. Granted I don't send the moon dragon out everyday but still. Are we sure we can still collect Core parts? Thanks

kooky panda
06-23-14, 11:21 AM
I have had 1 core and 1 tail for about 3 months. I can not get another core. Granted I don't send the moon dragon out everyday but still. Are we sure we can still collect Core parts? Thanks
Yes you can. It took me forever to get my last part and I was sending out my dragon everyday!

MakJulos
06-27-14, 09:26 AM
I like this type of quest - i do think the droprates should be updated and made more reasonable, but i still think it's a nice quest....now that i have a Moon dragon i'm alternating between Moon and Atlantis hoping for a streak of luck....any month now lol! I'm skipping the silly soccer quest too - well, i may run that one during weekend, but for workdays it's much more efficient chasing Comet.....well, with this droprate "efficient" might be wrong choice of word hmm....

freshfunin2008
06-30-14, 02:20 PM
So the last time I sent my moon dragon out all I got back was 1 lame Lotus blossom. I am having no luck collecting parts for this one.

Zummat
06-30-14, 02:54 PM
I have the Comet's Tail and one Comet's Core. It took me about 4 months for those two. When there is not a world event going on I just send out Moon every day looking for the other two Comet's Cores. I am hoping to breed another Moon soon and will keep it as a baby to send on the quests. I have babies for all the other quests but I'm not doing any of the regular quests at all now. I keep the babies for the world event quests because you never know what dragon will be used.

The comet quests are sort of "out of sight, out of mind" for me and I don't think about it and don't get frustrated with it. I just collect what Moon brings back and say good girl, pat her on the head and send her back out again. :)

Zummat
07-10-14, 04:37 AM
Even though no one is really checking this thread anymore I just have post an update. I sent Moon out on her first quest after her long rest during the World Soccer Event and she brought back her second Comet's Core. Now Moon just has to bring back one more Comet's Core and I'll be able to craft the Comet dragon. I may not need that baby Moon after all. Maybe Moon didn't want to give up her job to a baby. :)

MakJulos
07-10-14, 07:44 AM
I find quests like this more interesting than the various ingame event's we're getting - ok, so the droprate of the Comet parts is ofc quite ridiculous when it's to take years or close to it to get parts needed, but it's still nice with challenges like this rather than the always same-same battle lotteries or the summoning grind..or the stressful community events.

Not long ago my Moon dragon brought home first ever part for Comet dragon, i was so surprised and hoped that it might mean better odds overall to get parts, somehow, but the cores n tails are now hiding again, so still a loooong way to go!:)

chalupa2030
07-10-14, 07:56 AM
I have two cores and have been trying almost a year every day for the tail!

When I get it ~ everyone will know:)

freshfunin2008
07-10-14, 09:31 AM
I have actually gotten two core in one account and one core in the other account in the last 11 days. I can not tell you how many times I have gotten a lotus blossom. Yeah, just 1.

onlymine02
07-10-14, 12:35 PM
I've got the 3 cores, but for the life of me I can't get the tail. I send Atlantis out every day & all I get are coins & lotus blossoms. It get very frustrating!

pikachu73
07-10-14, 01:47 PM
Took me ages but got it eventually

jptheripper
07-10-14, 04:55 PM
I hope we get some new quest dragons soon

Zummat
07-11-14, 04:15 AM
Got up this morning and Moon greeted me with the third Comet's Core!! I have Comet dragon egg cooking in the craft shop now. Great way to start the day! :)

Good luck everyone - Don't give up!

freshfunin2008
07-11-14, 09:48 AM
Got up this morning and Moon greeted me with the third Comet's Core!! I have Comet dragon egg cooking in the craft shop now. Great way to start the day! :)

Good luck everyone - Don't give up!

Congrats I am 1 core short in one account and 1 core and 1 tail in the other.

AwesomeChefDad
07-11-14, 11:40 AM
I am like many here, try a bunch of times and always get junk..coins or some map or something lame. I dont get how they make it impossible to enjoy the game. If you send a L10 Atlantis on a DAY long quest, why even have the quest if the odds of success are so poor?

dangerb0y
07-11-14, 11:43 AM
I have twice gotten nether dust by sending Atlantis. To me this is better than sending Fairy out for gemstones.

AwesomeChefDad
07-11-14, 12:35 PM
I have twice gotten nether dust by sending Atlantis. To me this is better than sending Fairy out for gemstones.

I quit doing that one as well for the same reasons. The way DS runs its game is wacky to me.

Zummat
07-11-14, 01:47 PM
I am like many here, try a bunch of times and always get junk..coins or some map or something lame. I dont get how they make it impossible to enjoy the game. If you send a L10 Atlantis on a DAY long quest, why even have the quest if the odds of success are so poor?

The level of the dragon doesn't matter for these quests. I use baby dragons (level 3 and 1) that I send out on quests so I don't tie up my dragons that I would use for breeding and battles. Exception was Moon because I didn't get another moon bred before I got the last comet core.

And the world event quests I always use a level 1 or 3 dragon for those.

AwesomeChefDad
07-11-14, 02:16 PM
The level of the dragon doesn't matter for these quests. I use baby dragons (level 3 and 1) that I send out on quests so I don't tie up my dragons that I would use for breeding and battles. Exception was Moon because I didn't get another moon bred before I got the last comet core.

And the world event quests I always use a level 1 or 3 dragon for those.

I agree on the event quests..I do the same.

freshfunin2008
08-12-14, 01:31 PM
Congrats I am 1 core short in one account and 1 core and 1 tail in the other.

So in the course of 1 month and 1 day.... I now have Comet in both accounts. I am glad that is done with.

jim23cash
08-13-14, 03:58 PM
I just got my second core today! Yay!! And I'm still working on tail... But progress is good!!! ;)

chalupa2030
08-14-14, 06:27 PM
Lookie what I got! After almost a year of every day questing! I about died.

http://i51.photobucket.com/albums/f389/MidnightKiss4u/a7daf165b27bc9be7eae8f7003a3884a.jpg

MakJulos
09-03-14, 03:33 AM
Halleluja - after having played a year or so, and questing for Comet parts a good part of it, i just got a Comet's tail! I have gotten 2 cores earlier so only missing one of those now - getting that one might take ages ofc, but still - progressing, yay!:D

jptheripper
09-04-14, 09:36 AM
I wish there were more dragon parts quests

amerirish
09-04-14, 11:29 AM
Well dip me in oil & call me a fritter...I've been trying to collect the parts since last October (maybe November) and finally got my last Lunar Core today!!!!! :D happy dance :D

rubyraks
09-07-14, 04:32 PM
one year...one whole year...but I got it finally!

AJImmer
10-09-14, 01:40 PM
Woo hoo hoo! I just got my third Comet Core from the "Comet's Lunar Core" quest. It took about 120 quests over the last six months (doing other quests only for world events during the time). Now I need to get a Comet Tail - so I'm starting the "Eternal Flame of Atlantis" quest - I hope to get it by year end.

goddesslc
01-08-15, 10:24 AM
I've tried many many times with moon dragon and still haven't received any!!!!

Capper7
01-22-15, 07:18 PM
I still have "A Comet's Tale Pt. 1" in my Island Goals. I must have gotten a Core at some point because that's checked off, but I have been sending Plato my Atlantis Dragon out on its quest everyday (aside from when there was a World Event going on) for the longest time and have never come across one Tail. Is this quest still active? I keep hoping today might be the day it comes back with a Tail, but I have been continuously disappointed with prizes like 400 food, some amount of coins, or one Lotus Blossom. If it's not going to be the thing I'm looking for, then I wish that it would be something else worth waiting 22 hours for. Maybe I'll get a Comet some day...

mbyte68
01-23-15, 02:45 AM
I've tried many many times with moon dragon and still haven't received any!!!!

Lucky you im still trying for my Moon dragon hehe

kooky panda
01-23-15, 11:19 AM
This is the hardest quest to complete! Took me months to get all the parts!
Keep going! They will come!

mbyte68
01-24-15, 07:00 AM
would be nice if TL give us higher chance of gettin a Moon Dragon on times when there is an actuall Full Moon :)

unto0chable87
01-25-15, 02:32 AM
I need one part of my atlantis dragon. -.-' Over a year I try to breed an atlantis dragon and now I need his comet... But nothing else than coins. Wow. :D

Sawabugh
02-04-15, 11:54 PM
This is the hardest quest to complete! Took me months to get all the parts!
Keep going! They will come!

Congratulations!

I am level 118 (would be higher but life/health come first in my world), and I got Moon finally in mid-January. I've been trying daily for core so just came here to see what others have experienced. Good to know in advance that it'll take awhile. Will get back to it after the Valentine quest is gone.

I totally accept that dragons and items are difficult and not all of us will have the same dragons--if we did that would make visiting boring to me. I enjoy seeing others' dragons that I don't have. However, I have been trying for Goblin forever to get those crystals so I understand some of the frustrations. ;) I alternated trying for moon & goblin so now that the Moon appeared maybe the other will soon.

Good luck all! ;)

jim23cash
02-05-15, 12:30 AM
I'm level 150, and have been trying for 2 years when I was sure that there was no event. I finally got my comet tail this week, and hatched a baby Comet! Woo Hoo!

ndtrance
04-08-15, 01:28 PM
Comet is crafting now! Been working on him off and on since we got this on Android. And now he's coming to my island!:)

kooky panda
04-08-15, 02:39 PM
Comet is crafting now! Been working on him off and on since we got this on Android. And now he's coming to my island!:)

Congrats! This is a tough one to get!!

followm
04-19-15, 05:57 PM
Exactly how long does it take to get the third core? I've been trying for almost a year, got two, but STILL NO THIRD CORE!

pernmagic
05-20-15, 07:39 AM
Any info appreciated please, I have eventually brought home a comets tail with Atlantis dragon and now have sent the moon dragon out on the quest , is this the correct procedure ? if so I guess I now have to wait for Moon to come home with the necessary pieces, however long that takes..... I've not been hurrying this just doing it when I don't need these dragons for the arena ...

Xyn25
05-20-15, 08:48 AM
This thread has some info: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57151-Comet-Dragon-(IOS)-Quest/page2&highlight=comet+dragon
I'm in the same situation as you, and it takes ages to get the parts needed! It doesn't seem to be timed though, so I think we have time.

pernmagic
05-20-15, 09:43 AM
This thread has some info: http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?57151-Comet-Dragon-(IOS)-Quest/page2&highlight=comet+dragon
I'm in the same situation as you, and it takes ages to get the parts needed! It doesn't seem to be timed though, so I think we have time.
Thanks for link ...... May get there in a years time ...... Hope ou have good luck

freshfunin2008
05-20-15, 10:28 AM
This is one of the longer ones. I think it took six months to get all 4 pieces. Good luck. Comet makes a lot of silver once you make it EPIC.

kooky panda
05-20-15, 11:11 AM
Merging with current thread .

This is one of the hardest to complete.

JMThrive
05-20-15, 07:51 PM
I got the tail during the Rainbow Sentinel quest, but have been trying for the cores for 4 months with nothing

pernmagic
05-23-15, 12:20 AM
Thanks, will plod on with the Moon dragon when he is not needed anywhere else :)

Annica5
05-23-15, 01:29 AM
I agree that this is the hardest, I thought it must be something wrong with my Moon when all he came back with was lotus flowers or apples! Maybe dropped on the head as he hatched? But in the end he did it :) Comet is a lovely dragon, very much worth the effort. Good luck and be patient! Smile and thank Moon for the lotus flower ;)

JMThrive
06-02-15, 10:49 AM
I have been trying to get the the 3 comet cores needed so I can craft the Comet dragon. I have been trying for about 4 months with no success. Then on Sunday, out of the blue, I get my first core!!!! Yay!!!! I figure it will be another 3-4 months for the second. But, today I check and lo and behold another core!!!!!!! I guess the RNG (random number generator) likes me this week.

chippychan
06-02-15, 11:03 AM
Congrats!

I've been sending my dragon on this quest for over a month now and no comet pieces for me yet. Glad to know I haven't been the only one trying for so long with no luck, at least my game isn't broken like I was beginning to think. :)

kooky panda
06-02-15, 11:05 AM
This one was the hardest to complete. It took me forever to get my pieces but I finally did!!

AJImmer
06-02-15, 11:12 AM
I did a fairly good job of keeping track of my attempts - it took me about 125 attempts at the quest to get the three comet cores.

saghaven
06-02-15, 12:20 PM
I've had the 3 comet cores for a while. Took me a while to get the first one but then got the other two in fairly short succession. The comet tail though? Still trying to get that and been trying for months now.

JMThrive
06-02-15, 12:52 PM
I got the Comet Tail during the Rainbow Sentinel Quest at the start of the year. Been working on the cores since then.

freshfunin2008
06-02-15, 01:46 PM
It took a total of about 6 months to get all 4 pieces. They come in bunches. I went months with nothing and then like you 2 came quickly. Getting the last 2 could take a while though.

Kennedward
06-02-15, 06:25 PM
I have been trying to get the the 3 comet cores needed so I can craft the Comet dragon. I have been trying for about 4 months with no success. Then on Sunday, out of the blue, I get my first core!!!! Yay!!!! I figure it will be another 3-4 months for the second. But, today I check and lo and behold another core!!!!!!! I guess the RNG (random number generator) likes me this week.

Nice, but you're right it's completely random and it can take months or maybe years to collect all the required parts

Mythdefied
06-05-15, 08:29 PM
Nice, but you're right it's completely random and it can take months or maybe years to collect all the required parts

Or you could accidentally click on the "buy all pieces" button and finish it instantly! Not that I'd know anything about that.

Kennedward
06-06-15, 05:53 AM
Or you could accidentally click on the "buy all pieces" button and finish it instantly! Not that I'd know anything about that.

Yea but that'll cost you some gold

pattons_friends
06-07-15, 02:10 AM
I got a comet core yesterday too, I was so excited then I remembered you need 3 and the excitement went away!!!

Kennedward
06-07-15, 08:01 AM
I got a comet core yesterday too, I was so excited then I remembered you need 3 and the excitement went away!!!

lol I felt the same thing when I tried for it, so I gave up long ago

zyfazix
06-11-15, 04:07 AM
Took me around 2 months to collect three cores, now I need an Atlantis dragon to get the tail

owa411
06-12-15, 05:48 PM
After almost a year I've finally collected all the pieces and started crafting him yesterday... pfew ;)

fahrensland
06-12-15, 06:51 PM
After almost a year I've finally collected all the pieces and started crafting him yesterday... pfew ;)

Yay congrats! I was also very excited when I could finally make mine. Would love to see a new crafting chain from the outpost though, the comet has been there for quite awhile now!

Good luck to everyone still trying to gather the pieces!

pernmagic
06-12-15, 11:55 PM
Just received my second core in two weeks , already have the tail , just one more to go probably take months

pernmagic
06-19-15, 12:14 AM
Third comet core this morning , dragon crafting :)

Egg now on nest for 16 hrs .....

nomnoming
07-15-15, 07:46 AM
ive been trying to breed for a moon dragon for over 2 weeks!! I'm just wasting my time!! ugh

pernmagic
07-15-15, 02:15 PM
ive been trying to breed for a moon dragon for over 2 weeks!! I'm just wasting my time!! ugh

Patience is the only way to get a comet ...... In total I think I spent some 9/10 months trying to complete the whole quest before it arrived :)

Varinamom
12-07-15, 06:26 AM
Is the comet dragon quest still active? I've sent Atlantis out so many times and have gotten coins and lotus blossoms that I don't really need. I don't want to keep tying my quest chamber up on a full day quest when I could be questing for food.

pernmagic
12-07-15, 07:14 AM
Is the comet dragon quest still active? I've sent Atlantis out so many times and have gotten coins and lotus blossoms that I don't really need. I don't want to keep tying my quest chamber up on a full day quest when I could be questing for food.

Probably yes ..... It took me nearly a year to complete the whole thing ..... With breaks for tournaments of course ..... It's slow but possible

owa411
12-07-15, 09:24 AM
It's still active, but you need to be patient. Just like Pernmagic said, it takes a while till you get the parts. It took me over a year to craft my comet dragon.

amerirish
12-07-15, 11:23 AM
OMG, I thought I'd NEVER finish getting the parts for Comet...it definitely takes a whole lot of patience.

groovyedwin
12-07-15, 08:50 PM
Why is the subject of this thread IOS? Makes no sense.

hiabarara
12-08-15, 07:07 AM

Um, that's new o.o When I was looking at this thread yesterday it didn't have "IOS" in the title. I'm on Android and I have this quest, but never tried it.

MaribouMay
12-08-15, 09:35 AM
Um, that's new o.o When I was looking at this thread yesterday it didn't have "IOS" in the title. I'm on Android and I have this quest, but never tried it.

I think the new thread was merged into an old thread from when it was ios only.

hiabarara
12-08-15, 09:37 AM
I think the new thread was merged into an old thread from when it was ios only.

Well, I'm stupid :D Now I see that it has more posts than yesterday and that this thread was opened 2013 facepalm Thanks for clarifying :D

MaribouMay
12-08-15, 10:16 AM
Not stupid! And, I never meant to imply that.

Honestly, I think that is the sort of thing that should have been corrected by the moderator that merged the threads.

kooky panda
12-08-15, 12:15 PM
Sorry about that! Threads were merged. Title has now been changed.

To avoid threads going off topic, if you have a question like this, instead of posting, please send a moderator or community manager a private message so we can come over and make any changes.

Thanks!

amalsaba
12-30-15, 06:33 PM
So, I have been sending Atlantis out on the "Eternal flame of Atlantis quest" for so long now but months later, I still don't have a comet's tail. I was wondering does anyone still send Atlantis out on the quest? When was the last time anyone got a comet's tail? Maybe it is discontinued like the gold quest but the game moderators forgot to change the label? I Feel like it is a waste of a feature in the game. I keep getting coins which I do not need. This quest might also get me the occasional 150 food (what a waste of 24hr wait).

roguebee
12-30-15, 07:57 PM
I finally received yesterday the comet's tail on the account that doesn't have a Moon dragon. No luck yet on the other account which does have a Moon dragon.

irishbaker3
12-30-15, 10:07 PM
I have been doing the quest for comets core with moon dragon on and off. I will alternate between this quest and quest for crops with magic dragon. I have only 1 piece so far and need 3 to complete the parts need to make the dragon. I wish this quest wasn't so hard to get the pieces!!!

MaribouMay
12-30-15, 11:10 PM
It took me almost a year. Hang in there; it takes a loooooong time!

pernmagic
12-31-15, 01:39 AM
It took me almost a year. Hang in there; it takes a loooooong time!

It took me just over a year .... Just keep going, the shock you get when you get a piece is almost worth it :) :)

roguebee
12-31-15, 08:34 AM
I was quite surprised to get the comet's tail. Hoping that maybe I'll get a Moon fail while trying for Eve so I can start questing for the comet cores.

D_Raho
01-02-16, 04:11 AM
I finally made the Comet Dragon a month ago and immediately took it to epic. Not only is it a cheap eater, it is a massive earner and a pretty decent fighter here and there. I absolutely love it. Except for the fact that I feel it's ugly a sin.

other than that, I love it. Worth the time...? Debatable. But I'm glad I did it, I suppose.

Bastiaan0
01-02-16, 05:54 AM
It's been a while now since I have Comet, can't recall exactly how long it took. But what I do know it took me longer to breed a Moon than it took to find the 3 cores. I actually got a bit lucky on the third, it was just a week after the second. I was collecting from the quest portal, got a lotus blossom but the game crashed. After restart I could collect again and it was the third core...
Started crafting immediately, Comet is level 9 and in the ever growing list of dragons-that-need-to-evolve-to-epic-when-time-and-food-is-available for a long time now.

Iloveasherbuns
01-05-16, 11:24 PM
I have both dragons, too, and was so freaking excited because I really want that comet dragon, or whatever it's called. However, out of the like 25 missions I've seen the Moon dragon on, I've gotten 1 freaking comets tail! I haven't had any luck with the Atlantic dragon, though.

happyheartfla
04-06-16, 06:04 PM
I have been sending my moon dragon on quests for at least a year trying to get the parts for the Comet Dragon. I get food, coins, maps, but NO COMET PARTS!! What is going on with this dragon??

DeeDe99
04-06-16, 06:09 PM
I don't even have a Moon Dragon to send..... :( Atlantis I send every now and then but just get coins

Clark_Wayne
04-06-16, 06:21 PM
this is a hard quest : it took months (even years) to some people to gather all parts for comet ! so you need lot of patience ;)

roguebee
04-06-16, 06:25 PM
The quest is still active. I received my final part to craft the Comet Dragon about a month ago.

stevenlee2905
04-07-16, 03:43 AM
You need lot of patience and luckiness to gather all parts for Comet. Yupz, the quest is still active and I got mine a few months ago...
Good luck... :)

Niire
04-07-16, 03:49 AM
Been waiting on my final core for several months now, lol. It'll come when you least expect it to. :)

blackeneddove
04-07-16, 09:13 AM
The quest is still active. I received my final part to craft the Comet Dragon about a month ago.

Ditto. About a month ago for me, too. And I had been trying to get that final part for like 8 months! Just keep working at it ;) Good luck!

amerirish
04-07-16, 10:21 AM
OMG, it took me months and months to complete that quest. It really irritated the heck out of me; but once I finished and put Comet in a habitat I promptly forgot all about him :p

happyheartfla
04-08-16, 05:03 AM
OMG, it took me months and months to complete that quest. It really irritated the heck out of me; but once I finished and put Comet in a habitat I promptly forgot all about him :p

Yea, Probably me too...if I ever get him! LOL. I still need two parts! I got 1 of each and now can't get any more.

Why make the quest so hard??? Really it's just another imaginary critter on an imaginary island, where I can't resist spending REAL money!

roguebee
04-08-16, 07:52 AM
Finally, I have a 31 hour egg on the den on the main account. Moon has arrived!

amerirish
04-08-16, 08:46 AM
Finally, I have a 31 hour egg on the den on the main account. Moon has arrived!

Congrats :D

Niire
04-08-16, 09:31 AM
Fortunately, that's not literal..it's a good thing we don't have to sit on our eggs to hatch them! Grats roguebee, even without the comet parts, the quest is a great payoff...except when lotus blossoms come...and the baby moon dragon is adorable! <3

roguebee
04-08-16, 11:03 AM
Thank you!

nyrrem
04-21-16, 11:41 AM
How many times do I need to try for this on a quest? It takes a whole day and I end up with (not needed) coins , a spell scroll or a lotus flowers. I feel likeep giving up on this one. It's tougher than battling a champion dragon.

freshfunin2008
04-21-16, 11:49 AM
I think it took me 6 months of regularly trying for the comet parts and pieces.

Bastiaan0
04-21-16, 12:25 PM
Don't give up. NEVER give up. It took me longer to breed Moon than to get the necessary parts for Comet. Be persistent. Be resilient. Be patient. You'll get there ;)

MaribouMay
04-21-16, 07:31 PM
It takes a very long time. I think it took me more than a year to quest for all the parts.