PDA

View Full Version : Time has come to free all Faeries!

catcrack
08-15-13, 10:32 AM
Ok, so the Faerie Jars have been piling up in storage sheds everywhere.

I've 75 currently with no end in sight. It sure seems like cruel and unusual punishment to keep a small faerie trapped in a sealed jar.

How many small faeries are captive in your kingdom?

Cesar49
08-15-13, 10:38 AM
I've 54, and I'm sure they are suffering! All people wishing to stop such cruelty are invited to join the Fairy Freedom Front, from now on called the FFF. Freedom for the Fairies!

Queenzod
08-15-13, 10:47 AM
Actually, I think fairies like it. Fang beasts are their natural predators in the wild, so anytime they find an empty mason jar, they crawl inside for protection! I saw this on David Attenborough just the other night. He showed some rare footage, taken with an infrared camera, showing how the fairies can get out anytime they like. They just prefer not to when people are around. Did anybody else catch this show? It was on PBS. ;)

catcrack
08-15-13, 10:47 AM
At the very least I suggest poking an air hole in the stopper whilst there is time available.

Graceland53
08-15-13, 10:52 AM
I've 54, and I'm sure they are suffering! All people wishing to stop such cruelty are invited to join the Fairy Freedom Front, from now on called the FFF. Freedom for the Fairies!

Woohoo! Found my 36 fairies in the shed! Had to move all the Fey Crystals out of the way to get to them����FFF Freedom for the Fairies!��

ghjvcucjb
08-15-13, 11:33 AM
HERE HERE! FREE THE FAIRIES!

I have 46 and if you go into a quiet room far away from your dinking knights and put the jars close to your ear under the light of the waning moon, you can almost hear their tiny little voices crying out, free us free us! <wiping tear from my eye>

Queenzod, I did not see that one, although we love PBS. But I can't help but feel both PBS and Sir Attenborough may be irresponsible in their reporting. First, I believe that fairy houses strategically placed high up off the ground would be much more suitable for these illuminating creatures as I have never seen a fang east climb before. Second until Sir Attenborough shuts himself up in a jar to feel what these poor creatures are going through first hand, then I just feel he may be misunderstand their true feelings. But that's just my personal opinion.

susbebe
08-15-13, 11:40 AM
Oh, you all have so many, I only have 26 but they so pretty :)

kooky panda
08-15-13, 12:29 PM
79!!! ........

Cesar49
08-15-13, 12:41 PM
As a Brit I have to object to the way you are all referring to our revered Sir David Attenborough. That is Sir (he's a genuine Knight of the Realm) David (always use the first name) Attenborough. However I have to say that, comprehensive though his wildlife knowledge is, he knows zilch about faeries. FFF - FREE THE FAERIES!!!

greygull
08-15-13, 12:48 PM
I have 93! They do need little air holes or something - I know we always punch holes in the lids for lightning bugs (fireflies, etc).

brandonu
08-15-13, 01:01 PM
If they get cold, cover them with purple hide. It's quite warm.

Cesar49
08-15-13, 01:27 PM
How are they going to get cold?! They're trapped in airless jam jars. It must be like being locked in a hot sauna, and the poor little things are so skinny they've not got much they can lose. They must be melting in those jars. FFF! :)

arikasi
08-15-13, 01:42 PM
I hang them around my castle , it really saves on candles in those darker rooms. However I really wish Agnes would tell us how to craft solar panels since we are perpetually in the land of the midnight sun. Imagine what you could get from your lumber mills if they didnt have to run on water!

jaybay1147
08-15-13, 02:14 PM
I've recently ordered a census and scraped up 26 or so. ._.

maguar
08-15-13, 03:28 PM
Does this make me nasty and cruel to faeries

catcrack
08-15-13, 03:57 PM
Does this make me nasty and cruel to faeries

No, not at all. But it should be noted that the faeries are outnumbering us by several fold.

Gardienn
08-15-13, 04:21 PM
We really need upgraded lighting systems for our castles. Poor little tiny fairies.

ghjvcucjb
08-15-13, 06:58 PM
OMG! I just took a closer look and you are not going to believe this but THERE ARE NO FLUSHING TOILETS in the jars!!! Can this get any worse for these poor creatures? What next? No closets? Horrors.....

cookiefairey
08-15-13, 09:01 PM
I have 48 and hope they are all still alive poor little things

jua1978
08-16-13, 03:56 AM
I only have 33 fairies

Gardienn
08-16-13, 06:22 AM
I have 68 poor things, and I fear that the only way to reduce my number of them, short of taking hammers to their jars, is sell them on the black market to who knows who, and for nothing! If that's not slavery, I don't know what is. Did Thurston in a drinking binge think they were genies and start trapping them all?

sdwombat
08-16-13, 06:52 AM
I have 41, and the guilt over having these poor trapped creatures is quite overwhelming!

Cesar49
08-16-13, 08:25 AM
Now the following is all the fault of my neighbour sdwombat, who said she thought a poem should be written for the Fairy Freedom Front. With just a little help from Shakespeare and J M Barrie (he of Peter Pan fame) here is my

Ode to Faerie Freedom

It's only in the stillest night
That you will see the twinkling sight
Of fairies, silver, gold and white,
Moonshine revellers, shades of light.
But these wraiths are now in danger
Of extinction by some stranger
Beast who traps them. Hear them crying
"Let us out! We all are dying!"
Let us go and search our store shelves,
Find the jars that hold these poor elves.
Let them out! Yea, give them freedom!
Flying, glowing, through each kingdom.
For the fairy, born of laughter
Brings us wonder ever after.
Believe in them? Then clap your hands!
The F F F is in our lands! ;)

Graceland53
08-16-13, 09:12 AM
Now the following is all the fault of my neighbour sdwombat, who said she thought a poem should be written for the Fairy Freedom Front. With just a little help from Shakespeare and J M Barrie (he of Peter Pan fame) here is my

Ode to Faerie Freedom

That was beautiful! <sniff,sniff> �� ��

catcrack
08-16-13, 10:46 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LSGl3d4KOMk

Meridor
08-16-13, 03:58 PM
I have only 30 but I totally subscribe to the FFF!! ��

Cesar49
08-17-13, 12:34 AM
I have been let down, completely and utterly undone by ..... Sir Pigglesworth! I collected from him this morning, and what did the ungrateful creature give me? A faery in a jar! I, of course, immediately released it which deeply offended Sir Pig, so now all I can expect from his drops is hogwash! :D

Oliver118
08-17-13, 12:45 AM
I only have 2, and they are both from Ivy's Hut (don't have magic garden yet)

ghjvcucjb
08-17-13, 01:08 AM
I have been let down, completely and utterly undone by ..... Sir Pigglesworth! I collected from him this morning, and what did the ungrateful creature give me? A faery in a jar! I, of course, immediately released it which deeply offended Sir Pig, so now all I can expect from his drops is hogwash! :D

Sir pigglesworth can be such a swine sometimes!

Cesar49
08-17-13, 06:30 AM
Did Thurston in a drinking binge think they were genies and start trapping them all?

If Thurston had been on another of his drinking binges he wouldn't have been able to SEE the faeries, let alone trap them! He has difficulty catching sight of those thumping great glimmer trolls waving a club so I don't think he was responsible for putting faeries in jars! ;)

Em_storm
08-17-13, 07:58 AM
Oddly enough I only have 30. I think Ivy's been secretly releasing them...

Gardienn
08-17-13, 08:57 AM

Ode to Faerie Freedom

This is a lovely poem, and very well crafted. Bravo!

Cesar49
08-18-13, 04:08 AM
Now this is beyond a joke. First it was Sir Pig, then this morning I get given ANOTHER faery in a jar - this time it came from Ivy's Hut! It feels like all the characters in my kingdom are set on undermining FFF! I expected better from Ivy. I mean, isn't she the champion of all things wild and free?! :p

maguar
08-18-13, 04:55 AM
Maybe they're giving them to you as they think you've set up an Underground Railroad to get the faeries to freedom.

parlski
08-18-13, 06:01 AM
Uhm,.. you mean they're not dragon food?

Cesar49
08-18-13, 06:24 AM
How could you! They are certainly NOT dragon food! Can you imagine how many faeries it would take to give a dragon snack, let alone a meal. I believe dragons are quite partial to fangbeasts! They spit-fire them first.

As for an underground railroad ... You could be on to something, Maguar. I'd better go and have a chat to Ivy and Sir Pig and make my peace with them! ;)

jaybay1147
08-19-13, 04:52 PM
I bust into Thurstons house this morning and found a pack of lil Faeries in cages. He lost collecting privileges for a week. >.<

HNO3
08-19-13, 06:34 PM
I bust into Thurstons house this morning and found a pack of lil Faeries in cages. He lost collecting privileges for a week. >.<

Maybe he was practicing his combat s****s on them so he'll actually be of some use - gotta start small and work up, right?
(If its not that... I don't want to know ;) )

Queenzod
08-19-13, 08:23 PM

You guys crack me up. :)

Cesar49
08-20-13, 01:44 AM
Maybe he was practicing his combat s****s on them so he'll actually be of some use - gotta start small and work up, right?

Huh, the way Thurston moves I'd put my money on the fairies anyday! :D

ghjvcucjb
10-13-13, 10:36 PM
OMG! I think I just melted some fairies to make the enchanted silver bars!

BriarAvenue
10-14-13, 12:10 AM
43 only

Cesar49
10-15-13, 03:39 PM
This issue is getting critical now. Far from freeing the faeries (up the FFF) we are now being asked to melt them down into silver bars! This cruelty must not be allowed to continue. Surely we can make silver from fangbeast fangs - they must have fillings, after all! To make it worse for me, my magic garden just gave me another faerie in a jar to replace one of those sacrificed for Greselda's greed. I'm heartbroken at the cruelty we are being forced to display. Shame on you, TL!!! :p

bowlfullofcherries
10-15-13, 03:45 PM
I like to think we're just giving them a good shake- maybe wringing them out until all the fairy dust's off 'em- then setting them free when they're all limp and pitiful like.

Queenzod
10-15-13, 04:11 PM
I like to think we're just giving them a good shake- maybe wringing them out until all the fairy dust's off 'em- then setting them free when they're all limp and pitiful like.

Lol! That's what I was thinking, too. All we're using is the fairy dust, and you have to open the jar to get the dust. They escape! And now they're angry at you, so they're going to pee all over your stuff.

Aggwynn
10-15-13, 04:22 PM
I see Faeries in the future... =)

ghjvcucjb
10-15-13, 05:59 PM
I see Faeries in the future... =)

Are you seeing actual faeries? Or their charred remains? I just want to be prepared. The enchanted silver bars have traumatized me so much I had to hide all the mason jars in my pantry. I was hoping I could start bringing them out again as I could use the marmalade for my scones.

Cesar49
10-15-13, 11:17 PM
Never mind the marmalade, char-grilled fairy dust sounds like a really exotic topping for your scones! Thing is, do the faeries mind? Has anyone spoken to an Appointed Representative Faery (ARF) about the use and abuse of their dust?!

Oliver118
10-15-13, 11:24 PM
Ok, so the Faerie Jars have been piling up in storage sheds everywhere.

I've 75 currently with no end in sight. It sure seems like cruel and unusual punishment to keep a small faerie trapped in a sealed jar.

How many small faeries are captive in your kingdom?

I'm calling the FFF! *sniff* I can't take this cruelty any more!

bowlfullofcherries
10-23-13, 02:26 PM
Mmmm scones with marmalade... *drool*

Lol! That's what I was thinking, too. All we're using is the fairy dust, and you have to open the jar to get the dust. They escape! And now they're angry at you, so they're going to pee all over your stuff.

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

I wonder if the FFFARF takes bribes. Unless of course fairy tinkle has magical properties. Ew, though.

Gardienn
10-31-13, 06:43 PM
Never mind the marmalade, char-grilled fairy dust sounds like a really exotic topping for your scones! Thing is, do the faeries mind? Has anyone spoken to an Appointed Representative Faery (ARF) about the use and abuse of their dust?!

Bahahahahahahaaa! The things I miss when I can't come to the forum. lol

dw9893
10-31-13, 07:21 PM
I cant believe theres 6 pages on this topic.. hahah

katbtodd
11-01-13, 03:37 AM
87 here

Aggwynn
11-01-13, 10:07 AM
Someone once called me an Oracle on these forums.. =0

I think I see Faeries in the Kingdom before the year is over.

greygull
11-01-13, 01:30 PM

They should sprinkle snow and carry Holly around the kingdom! :)

ginrae22
11-01-13, 02:05 PM
They should sprinkle snow and carry Holly around the kingdom! :)

Omg that would be so cool. And we should totally have a Christmas version!!! I would love it! Hint hint!

Gardienn
11-01-13, 08:36 PM

Awesome! I'm convinced they're what the bat keeps flying after, but they're too quick for him so he's a bit frantic.

Aggwynn
11-26-13, 12:00 PM
We can't wait until December ;)

Cesar49
11-26-13, 12:16 PM
Hope I get some warning, so I can compose a suitably festive 'Ode to the freed faeries' (try saying that after a few!). Something along the lines of "oh faerie freed, oh faerie freed, a bright and festive light we need!" :D

AuntyRose32
11-26-13, 12:23 PM
54... ^^^ Our Faeries are finally gonna be set loose about our kingdoms, how wonderful...Christmas snow Faeries would be lots of fun!

storytx
11-26-13, 03:19 PM
Oh.......no, what have I done the faeries don 't like my kingdom----- I only have one!! And I need some more to make Enchanted Silver Bars!!

Queenzod
11-26-13, 04:09 PM
Oh.......no, what have I done the faeries don 't like my kingdom----- I only have one!! And I need some more to make Enchanted Silver Bars!!

You'll get more. Enslaving fairies is what happens in CS. Maybe that will change, but I doubt it, thank goddess. :)

SpuriousNotion
11-26-13, 11:13 PM
Seems everyone is looking forward to the faeries, but what if the reality is more like from the movie Labyrinth? Sarah: "OW! It bit me!" Hoggle: "What'd you expect fairies to do?" Sarah: "I thought they did nice things. Like granting wishes!" Hoggle: "Shows what you know, don't it?"

tanderson573
11-26-13, 11:50 PM
Seems everyone is looking forward to the faeries, but what if the reality is more like from the movie Labyrinth? Sarah: "OW! It bit me!" Hoggle: "What'd you expect fairies to do?" Sarah: "I thought they did nice things. Like granting wishes!" Hoggle: "Shows what you know, don't it?"

That is my all time favorite movie!

bowlfullofcherries
11-27-13, 07:28 AM
Capricious fairies are fun, too! And Sarah had it coming.

rosym47
11-27-13, 10:50 AM
The only place for a fairy at Christmas is tied to the top of a tree. Bah humbug!

Dabag
12-06-13, 08:56 PM
Hope I get some warning, so I can compose a suitably festive 'Ode to the freed faeries' (try saying that after a few!). Something along the lines of "oh faerie freed, oh faerie freed, a bright and festive light we need!" :D

you asked for it. the clue is in the December 5th update.

MsTarantism
12-13-13, 08:51 PM
It seems I am not a part of this update..I was told nothing about fairies in game, found none, and have none :C

ghjvcucjb
12-14-13, 01:47 AM
It seems I am not a part of this update..I was told nothing about fairies in game, found none, and have none :C

This hasn't happened yet so you haven't missed out. The faeries in a jar have been dropping for a while. They were used in making some magic bars (we had to melt them, it was horrible) but we have been promised freed faeries sometime this month, so keep checking.

m1stery
12-14-13, 02:17 AM
I hope everybody saw this tread :)

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62831-Castle-Story-Sneak-Peek