PDA

View Full Version : Suggestions for v1.3

czl2608
08-15-13, 02:01 AM
* I would say the new harvest/plant/feed system is poor. It's much slower than before to layout different crops in the field while planting. The plant/feed/harvest icons are too far from the targets in distance, and being inconsistent in behaviour with other actions (like cooking in kitchen, which we select from the panel on top of kitchen), which is definitely not a good CHI design. The worst thing is when I tap on the plant, it doesn't display the name any more!!!
* The `max' icon disappeared from the store while setting price..., which I strongly suggest to rollback. Or we can have a `min' and a `max' button.
* There should be a way to discard items from barn and silo directly, instead of moving everything to store and discard.
* There should be some better strategy for mining, I believe. Perhaps using a radar which can show the direction rather than simply saying far, near, etc.
* I think it could be better if some particular items wouldn't appear in orders before I actually being able to produce them. It could be a long while between the time I'm allowed to produce something and the time I'm able to produce it indeed.
* I cannot see the difference between three kinds of baits.
* I would like to see a complete user manual of this game.

I love this game and wish it could grow~

Mylly2
08-15-13, 03:51 AM
I miss having the 'max' button.
I like your idea of a 'min' or a 'max' button.

czl2608
08-15-13, 06:03 AM
More over, I can no more see the number of feeds left by tapping on the animals...

esmerelda35
08-15-13, 06:55 AM
I agree that I am not particularly liking the new update either, and reading everyone's walls, people would concur. The biggest problems in my humble opinion, as outlined above:
- Max button removed! This is incredibly tedious now to scroll up to the max. The addtion of a min. button would be a great idea too, but at a minimum (no pun intended :D), at least bring back the max. button
- It is very frustrating and time consuming to no longer be able to click on the animals to see how many feed you need, and therefore need to scroll through the barn to find out. Horrible!
- It is also frustrating that we can no longer click on a crop growing and see what it is - it now just says "plot" - this is very frustrating when they've grown a little bit and it's no longer obvious what they are
- The planting is way more time consuming under this fashion - not sure how it's supposed to be considered quicker as professed in your update summary! The pattern it goes in seems quite random and is usually contrary to the way I plant in rows/columns, and so I am having to go back and forth and tap on various crop icons, and needing to think between each tap; as noted, it's also not consistent with the other things we do in the game
- the harvesting isn't horrible, but I liked it better when you just clicked on the crop and the sythe (spelling?) appeared above it, as it was right there, instead of having to go to the icon which is further away, but this isn't as huge a deal as the other items
- the update summary in the app store promised a better drop rate, and I actualy am finding it much worse. I was getting a drop on average every 3-5 deliveries and now it's about 8-10 deliveries after the update.

The small positives (or neutral) with the update are:
* I find feeding the animals a bit quicker with the tapping process now, but I was completely fine with how it was before
* a Small increase in the storage capacity by 10, which always helps!
* fewer quantity of items needed to update the barn/silo, which is positive

Other than that, I am not sure why this update was made. When I've read through the forums on here, I have not seen any complaints about the planting/feeding/harvesting process!!! Why fix what isn't broken?

czl2608 - a couple comments on your other items:
* I think it could be better if some particular items wouldn't appear in orders before I actually being able to produce them. It could be a long while between the time I'm allowed to produce something and the time I'm able to produce it indeed. Just discard the order if you can't complete it - hit the "discard" clipboard at the bottom left of the order screen
* I cannot see the difference between three kinds of baits. From what I've been able to conclude and others would concur from reading the forums, is that in terms of catching things there isn't a discernable difference, so just use the dough ones for fishing, and save the other two baits for order deliveries
* There should be some better strategy for mining, I believe. Perhaps using a radar which can show the direction rather than simply saying far, near, etc.While that would certainly make it more helpful, I haven't found it too bad after getting the hang of it, and the patterns that the items tend to fall in. If it says near I know it's always at least two "grid" squares away - yes, don't know the direction, but they're often close together so you can find one and then that helps weed out the direction of the next one. Not perfect, but I actually kind of like the strategic thinking involved.

glimmergate
08-15-13, 10:30 AM
Thanks everyone for your feedback! I just want you all to know that we are reading and listening, and that we appreciate you taking the time to write out your comments for us here!

esmerelda35
08-15-13, 11:20 AM
Thanks Glimmergate. In the "Discussions" section of the forum for Farm Story 2, there is a 3-page thread on the update, pretty much all reiterating the above comments.

esmerelda35
08-15-13, 11:31 AM
Thanks Glimmergate. In the "Discussions" section of the forum for Farm Story 2, there is a 3-page thread on the update, pretty much all reiterating the above comments.

Okay, I see you posted there as well so have obviously seen it. wasn't sure if you looked in that section of the forums too. Good to know! Thanks for responding!

BlueCanary
08-15-13, 11:58 AM
In regards to the discarding. Its great that you can discard orders I do it all the time, but I've never been fond of the way that items show up in the delivery queue before being able to produce them.

If it showed up in a couple, that would be fine and a nice preview. But! I've often had almost every order slot discarded because they need items from the mine which I can't make. Do you know whats not fun? Having to wait for five out of seven orders to go through the discard timer because they wanted chunks of ore, rings and belts.

BlueCanary
08-15-13, 12:00 PM
Thank you for looking at the feedback too! This can be a great little game with some tweaks here and there :)

czl2608
08-16-13, 04:37 PM
esmerelda35: Thanks for your reply. I totally agree, esp.
The pattern it goes in seems quite random and is usually contrary to the way I plant in rows/columns, and so I am having to go back and forth and tap on various crop icons, and needing to think between each tap. I have exactly the same problem....

* I think it could be better if some particular items wouldn't appear in orders before I actually being able to produce them. It could be a long while between the time I'm allowed to produce something and the time I actually buy the facility to produce it. Just discard the order if you can't complete it - hit the "discard" clipboard at the bottom left of the order screen
For this one, I was just unsure whether it's intentionally designed. If so, then that's fine to me. otherwise it seems pointless.

the harvesting isn't horrible, but I liked it better when you just clicked on the crop and the sythe (spelling?) appeared above it, as it was right there, instead of having to go to the icon which is further away, but this isn't as huge a deal as the other items
The minus side of this new harvesting system is: there are two icons, one bucket and one sickle, but for any crop/animal, only one of the two is applicable, which doesn't seem to be good practice, at least from Computer-Human-Interaction point of view.

And it seems that we cannot search for other players, unless senting an invitation? BTW, the farm name and storm8 id in parallel is annoying and confusing, though I can understand the reason behind it..

An aside, which shouldn't appear here, is the forms's login and user session info don't work well and I often face the condition that I cannot post and have to relogin.

mellymoo2000
08-17-13, 04:53 AM
I agree with all of the above.
I also think the sell price of the pick axe & shovel needs to be at least the same as the nails & screws. At 8 hours for production and considering the rarity if them, 87 coins is terrible. The mine is almost useless unless you are prepared to use every item you make for deliveries on the off-chance you will score a bonus mining tool.
Thanks.