PDA

View Full Version : if you could change just two things...

twospoons
08-14-13, 07:20 PM
what would they be?

(only said 2 because i figured gem confirmation would blow everything else away)

twospoons
08-14-13, 07:30 PM
oh, and i didn't phrase it right, but i meant eventually open up the boxes. i support TL's right to make money (although not by being mean to customers).

CuteTali
08-14-13, 10:25 PM
Re-release of past LTO's, delete neighbour invites that aren't answered, categorize neighbours (by star rating, last login time (to help figure out if they've quit, this is by far most important one), have all boxes open for limited time of 1 week from release day, so we can buy as much as we want from it directly, after that week, put everything back in the box for everyone that missed shopping during that time, and yes I think everyone wants some sort of a confirmation before we use gems.

TinksThots
08-14-13, 10:32 PM
i figured gem confirmation would blow everything else away
If it doesn't, it'll prove that TL's been right all along, and that people really don't care what happens to their money, and will just keep handing it over no matter what's going on. I hope I'm wrong, but the pessimist in me is predicting that people will continue to focus too much on other game functions, and keep forgetting the fact that one of these issues involves real life cash... :\

HNO3
08-14-13, 10:59 PM
I would have voted for gem confirm on the other 2 TL games I play - the only reason I didn't was because I haven't been gemtrapped on RS yet, so I voted for opening old boxes and new recipes.

twospoons
08-15-13, 12:25 AM
I'm posting my own other, because I forgot putting sticky posts on your own wall!

AdorkableGeek
08-15-13, 10:52 AM
My votes go to deleting neighbour invites and adding new recipes to non-main appliances. Can't devices be set to password confirm a purchase? I set my Android to.

TinksThots
08-15-13, 11:33 AM
My votes go to deleting neighbour invites and adding new recipes to non-main appliances. Can't devices be set to password confirm a purchase? I set my Android to.
Yes, absolutely. You can even turn off the ability to make purchases entirely. That's outside the games, though, and completely separate. In the games, you have to confirm nearly everything you do... unless it involves spending gems. The one element associated with peoples' real life money, is the only element that lacks confirmation.

The poll results are disturbing, but, sadly, not surprising. The "give me more reasons to give you money!" option is far ahead of the "stop taking my money without my consent!" option. Still not many votes yet, but... yeah it's gonna stay that way, I'd almost bet on it.

Hmm. I was going to say, IMHO, that the gem confirm option should have been left off, but on second thought... I have a feeling that after this survey's been up for a while, the results are going to be rather revealing. From a psychological viewpoint, this is actually quite fascinating...

They ARE hard to choose from, I gotta give ya that. Nice job! :cool:

twospoons
08-15-13, 04:25 PM
see, my problem with the gem confirmation button really is more theoretical/moral, which is why i didn't vote for it. i think it makes TL decision makers bad people, but from a practical (and self-centered) standpoint, i knew what i was getting into when i paid for gems, and i only slipped up once in the game in which i did pay for them.

but the opening the boxes option is not really a "give me another reason to give you money" for me, it's actually me saving my money, because i spent so much trying to get a certain prize (fully aware of my own folly) that being able to just buy that particular prize would have saved both my money and frustration. which is also why i think it a good balance for TL to have boxes at first but then later open them up, because i eventually gave up on my desired prize - and TL lost a customer - but i would pay again if i knew i would get what i wanted.

and thank you! i really wish i could have put in more than 10 options though.

TinksThots
08-15-13, 06:28 PM
but the opening the boxes option is not really a "give me another reason to give you money" for me, it's actually me saving my money, because i spent so much trying to get a certain prize (fully aware of my own folly) that being able to just buy that particular prize would have saved both my money and frustration.
That makes sense, and I can see your point. But "give me another reason to give you money" came from my absolute refusal to have anything to do with boxes, because I won't spend gems unless I know what I'm getting, and the fact that if I could pick my prize, I'd probably be spending all of mine on box stuff. So it stands to reason that more people would be buying gems to get box stuff if they knew that they'd be getting exactly what they wanted out of it. So putting stuff out of the boxes will save some people money, but have others spending even more. They'll never see a dime out of me, but I could see box contents easily winning over a decent sized chunk of those who refuse to buy gems. :\

Looking at everything from the suggestion threads together in one concise little list like that... we've been begging for all that stuff for how long? Wow... says something about who really matters.

twospoons
08-16-13, 06:49 PM
fortunately for me, i've been playing less than 6 months, so the frustration has not set in. this should be a new poll: is it better to
a) have the official word that your hoped-for change has been ruled out (sorry, people who wanted to move food to new counters)
b) have TL say they are working on your hoped-for change, but with no end date in sight (yes, i play dragon story on android)
c) have no announcement, and keep hope alive until you can't handle it anymore and have a nervous breakdown?

Francys08
08-17-13, 04:41 AM
My vote go for gems confirm and open boxes so you can buy the prize that you want. It would be awesome if Team lava would make at least two changes based on this poll.

sweetypies97
08-18-13, 02:07 AM
Can I vote twice for gem confirm? Lol

I voted once for gem confirm and once for delete unanswered pending neighbours.

sweetypies97
08-18-13, 02:11 AM
I would also like a tip jar instead of tips on tables.

twospoons
08-22-13, 11:41 PM
My vote go for gems confirm and open boxes so you can buy the prize that you want. It would be awesome if Team lava would make at least two changes based on this poll.

that would be awesome, but i never had any hope of it. i was just curious. didn't get a lot of results, but i was surprised--i thought deleting gifts from your inventory would do better for some reason, even though i didn't vote for it myself. anyway, too bad! would have liked to see what more people thought!

CuteTali
08-23-13, 06:03 AM
I would also like a tip jar instead of tips on tables.

That's a really good idea, being able to pick up all the tips collectively, rather than tapping each and every one, I really hate the tipping system, it takes up way too much time, less time to actually enjoy the game itself.

minidemon88
08-24-13, 12:43 AM
Voted for the re-release of past LTOs and the open box options. I'm fond of buying LTO and decoration. :o Some of the past LTOs are so awesome looking. Too bad, I didn't have enough gems when it was first released. :(

If I could choose a 3rd vote, it will be for the pending friend invitation which are stuck in the request list for years. Darn! *Stares*

fionaline
08-24-13, 02:06 PM
change 2 things hmm.....
I think well the catogorise neighbors deffently a yes... but other then I would love the option to stack iten in game so that we can build up some amazing looking restos... and but not last why not have the gues interact with gaming items or sit down in a sofa watch tv, so that should we say your resto are full, then instead of the guest getting angry they could go and play on something while they wait for free room for their meal :-D that could be funny and very helpful xx

7700AnchorInn
12-31-18, 09:54 PM
I am exhausted, trying to get recipes cooked while working through the holidays. Trying to purchase windows that are available for like 12 more hours. And I did the same thing as yesterday ...as I'm playing and I'm drifting off to sleep... I accidentally spent my gems to cook the recipe, when I'm really trying to power cook... to accumulate gems. Ugh! WHY CANT THERE BE A CONFIRMATION BEFORE SWIPING MY GEMS?

Wipeout4321
01-26-19, 09:40 PM
New levels after 99 and recipes on basic appliances. These two would be real new content, while the ohters are just luxuries. Call me crazy, but it's kind of part of the game to have to look-out for gem-traps/buy stuff before it's removed in the first place IMO.

I have missed a lot over the past three years though:blue:

dmstavern
12-12-19, 03:38 PM
I don't like being stuck with only two options for the avatar. I want one that looks more like me!

dmstavern
12-12-19, 03:39 PM
change 2 things hmm.....
I think well the catogorise neighbors deffently a yes... but other then I would love the option to stack iten in game so that we can build up some amazing looking restos... and but not last why not have the gues interact with gaming items or sit down in a sofa watch tv, so that should we say your resto are full, then instead of the guest getting angry they could go and play on something while they wait for free room for their meal :-D that could be funny and very helpful xx

Yes, I love that idea! The useless couches and pool tables are kind of sad. It would be awesome if guests could interact with those!

Moodygirl64
05-28-20, 11:23 AM
I would like to see the older stoves, ovens from 2013 be opened up again as goals. Not many people played then.
Thank you

ishmaelthegreat
06-11-20, 06:29 AM
I would choose 1) confirmation of gem use and 2) new recipes in random Specialty appliances

I also have a question on the friend request thing. Why is that an issue? Is there some cap or limit it affects? And how can I tell if someone has sent me a friend request I have not answered?

karnott1
06-17-20, 07:47 PM
I would like to be able to receive, and ask for, more than 20 items a day.

IrishMustang93
08-22-20, 01:39 AM
Poll: Your most desired change(s)

well "gem confirm" is a given. thought they have already added more lvls "add more levels" pass 99.

However; I Would Love to See More ways to get "more expansions" that doesn't cost Alot of Coins or Gems Til like Lvl 50. I'm at lvl 27 and would love to have more space. 2) It would be easier to "categorize your neighbors" by game lvl or where they live. 3) Havin "new recipes for non-main appliances" would be lovely. 4) Themes that are CHEAP and EASY to Get would be AMAZING for example : Country / Western / Cabin, Wooden Flooring that doesn't cost half a body, along with decent wall paper to go with it. 5) More ways to get Gems would be Very Helpful.

For the "re-release LTO after 6 months or a year"; I'm not sure what "lto" stands for. 2) i don't know who would have "delete non-answered neighbor invites". 3) the items in your inventory; there should be something to click or something to help us know what the item is use for. along with the opition to delete it or sale/trade it.

I haven't open any boxes yet "open boxes so you can buy the prize you want (even if expensive)".

J39lfr
10-03-20, 03:21 PM
One dish serving on the goal stoves you can?t even see what they are! Bring back the older stoves much more realistic and better dishes!

fashionYoli
10-16-20, 02:59 PM
The first thing I would change is the gift menu. Ex: It should be more organized with a search bar, tools tab and food tab and also the name of the appliance should follow the name of the tool or part so no one should have to play the guessing game.

The second thing I would change is the amount of gifts that are allowed per day because some people are maxed out all the time after a few gifts (especially when they have over 200 friends lol).

Snowgoose59
11-27-20, 08:27 AM
I'm with you on re organising the gift menu. It would help new players to recognise which are parts unique to challenge appliances and which are basic parts. I would love to give & receive food other than stew or chicken but I haven't got time to scroll past all the parts in the "breakfast" tab to get to them and eventually it hurts!

nuttinhoney1
01-22-21, 12:36 PM
The finished goal parts should be moved to the end of the gifts. It's hard when you have to constantly click to get to a desired gift.

nuttinhoney1
01-22-21, 12:39 PM
Bring the coffee sign, coffee stand, cash register, atm, and drive up window back!

Mominstl
09-11-21, 04:57 AM
1) Show parts list when you hover over a box being built.
2) Ability to delete neighbors.
3) Have a box next to a neighbors? names to quickly indicate whether they are going for goals or food to make gift giving more relevant.
4) Click once to collect all tips. It takes forever to collect them all.

Snowgoose59
04-25-22, 02:30 AM
When I visit neighbours via the Social menu it returns back to the tab I used eg Neighbors returns back to Neighbors. When I visit neighbours via the Messages menu using the News tab and return it goes to the Wall tab which is very frustrating.
I would get rid of the Badges tab within Messages as it's too easy to earn all the badges which makes them meaningless, and replace it with a favourites tab. This would show the top 10 or 20 neigbours I visit the most and I can go straight to them.

IrishMustang93
09-29-22, 12:49 AM
Be able to sell unwanted/unused items like floors and Walls, and Gifts that's taking up storage

Shemiadean1974
10-17-22, 05:07 PM
There is a way to delete neighbors. Go to your Neighbors tab and on the top is a EDIT button in Grey, click it and then a REMOVE button comes up in red, choose all the ones you want to delete and then hit DONE.

Shemiadean1974
10-17-22, 05:08 PM
There is a way to delete neighbors. Go to your Neighbors tab and on the top is a EDIT button in Grey, click it and then a REMOVE button comes up in red, choose all the ones you want to delete and then hit DONE.