PDA

View Full Version : Today's Update 8-14-2013

Mylly2
08-14-13, 06:15 PM
Thank you for the new update, so far, so good.

I was wondering what people think about the 'MAX' option in the side shop no longer being available?

Are there any things in the update you really like/dislike?

jtm101
08-14-13, 08:08 PM
Wow, a big update by the sound of it, hope it's good, loading...

For those who are wondering what update, check the App store. You will need to update your app from there.

jtm101
08-14-13, 08:53 PM
Ugh, this is terrible!

Worst update ever!

You can no longer plant more than 1 crop plot at a time. It's going to take me forever just to plant my 42 plots. By the time i'm done i will be starting again and have no time to do anything else in the game! I usually have 9 plots of corn and 9 wheat going all the time, which now seems impossible to keep up with.

I really dont like having the crop icons at the bottom of the screen either.

Also it is a bit inconvenient to no longer have the Max option in the shop when setting your price. I guess this is an attempt to discourage people from setting max prices. If i dont then i sell out before i have time to close my shop and consequently never have stock to sell.

Hope i can re-install the old version, i will be recommendng this update be avoided at all costs.

jtm101
08-14-13, 09:01 PM
Why did you have to change how we farm crops and tend animals?

Such a big change for the worse, so many more taps are needed now, and it is not for the better. Takes alot more work now than before the update. Collectimg from animals is such pain now too.

ssminow
08-14-13, 09:23 PM
I agree about the max feature it helped to set the price now the prices will be crazy.

not sure how I feel about the tap and feed

still have alot of crashes that hasn't stopped

Ugh, this is terrible!

Worst update ever!

You can no longer plant more than 1 crop plot at a time. It's going to take me forever just to plant my 42 plots. By the time i'm done i will be starting again and have no time to do anything else in the game! I usually have 9 plots of corn and 9 wheat going all the time, which now seems impossible to keep up with.

Also it is a bit inconvenient to no longer have the Max option in the shop when setting your price. I guess this is an attempt to discourage people from setting max prices. If i dont then i sell out before i have time to close my shop and consequently never have stock to sell.

Hope i can re-install the old version, i will be recommendng this update be avoided at all costs.

ssminow
08-14-13, 09:24 PM
if you reinstall old version please let me know thanks

Ugh, this is terrible!

Worst update ever!

GhettoRanch
08-14-13, 09:42 PM
I hate how they changed the way we harvest crops and the crop icons at the bottom not a very good change I think everything else but can they please change the harvest situation back to the old way it's so much easier . Thanks :)

GhettoRanch
08-14-13, 09:51 PM
Also, u have to feed animals one by one , and it takes much longer its not a good change

jtm101
08-14-13, 10:00 PM
I just managed to re-install the previous version of the app 1.2 phew!!!

I'm sure there is a guide here somewhere on how to do this, but i'll summarise how i did it.

(Step 1) You either need to have a copy of the old version on your computer (go to step 2) or have it on another device. If you dont already have it physically on your computer (ie you cant see it in iTunes on your computer), then you'll need to sync the device that has the old app (make sure you disable iCloud on that device so the app will sync to your computer). Sync the 2nd device, then you will have copied it to your computer and will now see it in the App tab in iTunes.

(Step 2) Then delete the new version from your 1st device, plug it in, then in itunes (on your computer) go to Apps, find Farm Story 2 and click install. Then do a sync and it should bring across the old version (hopefully 1.2)

Hope that made sense.

blastfirst
08-14-13, 10:01 PM
The tap to plant option completely sucks wtf have they done????

Please please please change it back!

It just make the game really tedious and annoying

RAGE QUIT!!!!

dolly8855
08-14-13, 10:35 PM
Another vote for a max price button back pls.. Love the plane though...getting use to the new ways, agree old ways r much faster...

mellymoo2000
08-14-13, 11:53 PM
Ugh, this is terrible!

Worst update ever!

I agree. It's a lot more inconvenient. Much much better the way it was. Also, you can't tell how much feed your animals have by tapping on their enclosure - you have to check the barn.
Would have preferred an update with new buildings, decorations or expansions. Maybe next time?

Mylly2
08-15-13, 01:01 AM
Another vote for a max price button back pls.. Love the plane though...getting use to the new ways, agree old ways r much faster...

Out of the changes, I have missed the max price the most. I used it to find a market price, some things I'd max, some I'd put on 'sale' working off the max price. It was a handy guideline to offer a good price for your neighbours' requests.

Please return the MAX button.

minidemon88
08-15-13, 01:19 AM
The only thing I love the most from the updates was the airplane. I noticed they have also reduced the expansion items needed for the barn and silo. So thumps up for this! Now we don't have to wait for ages to upgrade our barn or silo anymore. Like everyone else, I hate the new planting and harvesting crops. It now takes much longer for me to plant multiple crops at once. The tap to collect animals and tap again to feed is really annoying. Also you can't see how much animal feed you've left when tapping on the animal pen. :( And I don't like the collect and harvest button below the screen.

Please tl, return back our favorite old planting and harvesting crop feature. And put back the "Max" button at the side shop. Hope they will consider this.

moo8moo
08-15-13, 03:58 AM
I just managed to re-install the previous version of the app 1.2 phew!!!

I'm sure there is a guide here somewhere on how to do this, but i'll summarise how i did it.

(Step 1) You either need to have a copy of the old version on your computer (go to step 2) or have it on another device. If you dont already have it physically on your computer (ie you cant see it in iTunes on your computer), then you'll need to sync the device that has the old app (make sure you disable iCloud on that device so the app will sync to your computer). Sync the 2nd device, then you will have copied it to your computer and will now see it in the App tab in iTunes.

(Step 2) Then delete the new version from your 1st device, plug it in, then in itunes (on your computer) go to Apps, find Farm Story 2 and click install. Then do a sync and it should bring across the old version (hopefully 1.2)

Hope that made sense.

I still have my old version in my device and did not install the new version. However, it tells me to go to the App store to get the new version and does not allow me to proceed beyond that. Do you have the same problem after reinstalling the old version?

madamruse
08-15-13, 04:04 AM
Definitely not happy with the update. While the plane seems great and that it's supposed to be easier to get parts, the planting and harvesting crops and collecting from and feeding animals seems so inefficient. The tap to plant doesn't even put the next location in the right place for me layout. And there are so many more taps to do this. It really makes me less inclined to play.

I really hope this gets changed back in an update very soon. I can't imagine any user having a positive reaction to those changes.

jtm101
08-15-13, 04:52 AM
Now we are being forced to update.

I guess i am done then, dont feel like playing anymore. Glad i didnt waste any money on this game.

esmerelda35
08-15-13, 06:59 AM
I agree with everything. HORRIBLE update!!!!!
The max button gone, not being able to check the feed level of the animals, not knowing what you've planted by clicking on it (just says "plot" not), and worst of all - the whole new planting system!! So incredibly tedious and horrible!!! Do NOT even want to bother planting now - wow too tedious. HORRIBLE!
Anyways, I put a long post in the "feedback" forum for Farm Story 2 instead of this discussion forum. You guys should all go do the same - post in the feedback forum so TL sees it!!!

GhettoRanch
08-15-13, 07:43 AM
Just found out that if u just tap on the crop u want to plant it goes on the plot by it self instead of dragging the crop to be planted just tap on it and its pretty fast !

BlueCanary
08-15-13, 08:37 AM
I don't like the new tap to plant thingy. The swiping was far more intuitive. Plus I liked to make neat rows with types of vegetables and it just flings them in a way I don't like. Its fast but seems like a step down rather than something more user friendly.

I like to be able to check the feed level of the animals, it was perfect before! Not sure why it was changed except for the sake of changing it? Adding icons to the bottom of the screen makes the game seem clunky too.

I also haven't noticed an increase in constructible items (such as bricks) and expansion parts despite doing quite a few delivers (probably about 20 with absolutely nothing in return except for a sorry bit of coins). I've been waiting on bricks for weeks now so I can finish the mine and its seriously getting tedious. I've only kept the game around in the hopes of improvement since its new.

igames4me
08-15-13, 09:27 AM
Lol it's funny how it's still not fully released and they are already making people quit by making changes unnecessary

I wanted to play when it's released but now I dont from reading these comments ( probably a lot people feel the same way)

CharlieCattus
08-15-13, 10:34 AM
Another voice of discontent .. Hate the new planting, like others have said, I like to fill my rows in certain ways and whilst I like the buckets of plants that appear at the bottom, I would rather select a bucket then swipe to plant. I also dislike not knowing how much animal feed I have when I tap on the animals, tap to feed isn't too bad.

I dislike the plane too, it's too big, I loved the little truck.

esmerelda35
08-15-13, 11:17 AM
FYI - in the feedback section, TL did respond to the negative feedback being provided and noted that they're reading our comments. Take a look - just go back one level in this forum to the "Farm Story 2" heading and then select suggesitons and feedback. Sorry - can't link it.

glimmergate
08-15-13, 11:20 AM
FYI - in the feedback section, TL did respond to the negative feedback being provided and noted that they're reading our comments. Take a look - just go back one level in this forum to the "Farm Story 2" heading and then select suggesitons and feedback. Sorry - can't link it.

I'll respond here too. Just want to say that we are reading, and we appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Paquin0711
08-15-13, 12:23 PM
Hey guys.....this feedback is great for the developers, but do also keep in mind that this game is still being developed, and all these changes are just in an attempt to see what works best. In a small amount of time we will see yet another update with some more changes and fixes to the common complaints about a previous updates and bugs.

To those of you having issues with the "Max" option in your trade shop, I also miss this feature, BUT they didnt remove the cap price for items, so even tho the button is gone, we will not have to fear of outrageous prices just yet. As its only the button option that they removed, not the max price of an item, "phew" lol

Also, for those who are having planting issues, I am a bit confused as to how it is slower for you because for me it is WAY faster. I just simply tap the crop on the bottom I want to plant however many times I want it planted, and its fast. No more having to drag the crop over the land to plant it.

Tending animals to feed couldn't be any easier in my opinion. You simply only need to tap ur pen that u want to feed, and then tap the FEED BAG a the bottom the number of times u want to feed of animals. BUT I do agree that they need to put back the ability to see how much feed we have for that animal, without having to go into the dang barn to see it.

minidemon88
08-15-13, 12:34 PM
I'll respond here too. Just want to say that we are reading, and we appreciate your feedback! Thank you!

Thank you for responding! So glad to see a staff reading all these threads. Hope the game will get better. :)

carollwee
08-15-13, 12:57 PM
I also prefer the old version of farm story2.. So troublesome its take More tap now, and That plane take so long to fly around, still prefer that little truck.. sad

carollwee
08-15-13, 01:04 PM
Hey guys.....this feedback is great for the developers, but do also keep in mind that this game is still being developed, and all these changes are just in an attempt to see what works best. In a small amount of time we will see yet another update with some more changes and fixes to the common complaints about a previous updates and bugs.

To those of you having issues with the "Max" option in your trade shop, I also miss this feature, BUT they didnt remove the cap price for items, so even tho the button is gone, we will not have to fear of outrageous prices just yet. As its only the button option that they removed, not the max price of an item, "phew" lol

Also, for those who are having planting issues, I am a bit confused as to how it is slower for you because for me it is WAY faster. I just simply tap the crop on the bottom I want to plant however many times I want it planted, and its fast. No more having to drag the crop over the land to plant it.

Tending animals to feed couldn't be any easier in my opinion. You simply only need to tap ur pen that u want to feed, and then tap the FEED BAG a the bottom the number of times u want to feed of animals. BUT I do agree that they need to put back the ability to see how much feed we have for that animal, without having to go into the dang barn to see it.

Don't u realize u r tapping more now? 8 cow + 8 chicken + 4 sheep +4 pig= 16 tap
32 crop = 32 tap
When selling item in shop no more max button = more tap

But last time 1 swipe I plant all crop, 1 swipe I feed my animal.. 1 max button I sell my item

carollwee
08-15-13, 01:05 PM
Sorry is 24 tap to feed my animal.. Lol

08-15-13, 04:43 PM
I don't think it's more difficult to plant. It's just tapping to spots picked on the plots. The plane is hilarious how it flies in front of the screen. I don't like how the animal options freeze on the screen. Too much to write about. Some good and bad came from this. I do NOT notice any improvements in the newspaper stand. Boo!

DaojinWildfire
08-16-13, 11:58 PM
It looks like many of you are performing single taps to plant the crops one by one. Yes, just tapping a crop will automatically plant it, but you can also hold down the crop and it will speed plant multiple plots for you!

Just tap the crop you want to plant, hold it down and watch how fast your crops are planted! Try it out and let us know what you think. :)

jtm101
08-17-13, 12:41 AM
We easily lose control of how many and where crops are planted though. I tried separating my plots but it is still difficult to plant what and how many of a particular crop. It'd be ok if there was only 1 type of crop to plant at a time, but i want to plant at least 6 different crops at a time, and not have them messily scattered based on where the program thinks i want them.

Also I really dont like the obtrussive harvest icons that pop up as soon as a crop or animal is ready. I dont want to be reminded every 2 minutes that my wheat is ready, there are many other things to do in the game other than harvest wheat or look after cows. I may have to put my cows and plots in inventory and just buy what i need. I have almost finished the achievements for all animals so i dont need the extra gems.

I hope v 1.4 will be brought out soon as i have lost interest in playing this version. I barely play 30 mins a day now, whereas i played for hours and hours on v1.2.

Mylly2
08-17-13, 05:03 AM
It looks like many of you are performing single taps to plant the crops one by one. Yes, just tapping a crop will automatically plant it, but you can also hold down the crop and it will speed plant multiple plots for you!

Just tap the crop you want to plant, hold it down and watch how fast your crops are planted! Try it out and let us know what you think. :)

Thank you for this info, I didn't realise you can hold down the plant button.

esmerelda35
08-18-13, 06:46 PM

Unfortunately, that doesn't help. I agree 100% with what JTM101 said. That would help IF I was trying to plant just one plant or maybe two and didn't care where they went. However, I am almost always planting more than one crop, often numerous, and I need to be able to count out 4 of this crop, 5 of this crop, etc., and keep them together, and so I have no choice but to tap one by one, otherwise it goes way too quickly, you lose control of the count of how many you planted, and the computer does not plant in a systematic fashion.

Silvertoaster
08-18-13, 10:40 PM
I agree with some of the comments I've seen, I don't like the new tap to plant feature either. It makes it more difficult to control where you want to plant things, it's not very intuitive and swiping to plant was much more fun.

I also enjoyed using the Max button in the shop, not to put the price to the maximum, but so that I'd know what the max was, then bring the price down quite a bit so I might have more reasonable prices but still earn something.

I know alot of people are talking about it, but it seems to still be really hard to find Paint Buckets. I know it's still a little early to tell, but I've been playing all day and I haven't found one. It's a little aggravating.

The plane is fun tho :)

minidemon88
08-20-13, 09:34 AM
Have anyone else came across Stormie buying item from your side shop? I know it sound funny, but I've experienced it a few times whereby Stormie came over my side shop buying one of my crop. This happened after the recent updates.

Though I really don't mind him popping over to buy my stuff. He seem to love buying apples. XD

minidemon88
08-21-13, 10:42 AM
Here come Stormie, buying apples again. :o

minidemon88
08-24-13, 01:33 AM
Saw there's some new items, a gazebo and some new tiles. Sadly, some of the new items cost gems. 50 gems for a gazebo anyone? :(

08-25-13, 01:03 AM
Stormie bought 7 hammers from me. I was like seriously?! Mama Lava and Daddy Volcano doesn't give you these things for free? Today he bought some peppers and Yesterday he took ten apple pies that had been there for two days, off of my hands. I was happy for that because I needed the money and was finally able to buy my forge.

So whatever he buys Im a happy camper. I just hope my neighbors are quicker to buy the goodies the next time!

sunkalito
09-09-13, 08:15 AM
I know alot of people are talking about it, but it seems to still be really hard to find Paint Buckets. I know it's still a little early to tell, but I've been playing all day and I haven't found one. It's a little aggravating.

The plane is fun tho :)
Yeah, no paint nucket as of yet for me either. And no hammer too!! Really, REALLY frustrating. I'm stuck again with my barn filled out, and can't do anything about it. Unless someone buys stuff from me soon i'll just have to toss some milk out fro the vending stall, and put something else up for sale. :/ really annoying.

Mylly2
09-10-13, 10:53 PM
Yeah, no paint nucket as of yet for me either. And no hammer too!! Really, REALLY frustrating. I'm stuck again with my barn filled out, and can't do anything about it. Unless someone buys stuff from me soon i'll just have to toss some milk out fro the vending stall, and put something else up for sale. :/ really annoying.

It can be really frustrating, tossing, jiggling and discarding orders until your farm grows bigger, but it does get easier. Expanding down to the pond helps, you can fish out lots of goodies. I've even got gems from my pond.

sunkalito
09-15-13, 05:42 AM
It can be really frustrating, tossing, jiggling and discarding orders until your farm grows bigger, but it does get easier. Expanding down to the pond helps, you can fish out lots of goodies. I've even got gems from my pond.
I can't seem to get enough land deeds for the expansions though. Lord knows I need more buildable items -.-

Oliver118
09-17-13, 11:04 PM
Hmmm...I'm just surveying the posts before I install (don't feel bad)