PDA

View Full Version : Winter Quest and Other Suggestions

liebs12
08-14-13, 02:15 PM
First the new quest line:
There should be a Winter quest in order to prepare the kingdom for the cold winter. It can be made as long or short as the developers want but there are a lot of possibilities. Some suggested quests in the quest line include:

i) Upgrade 3 cottages to level 5
ii) Level 5 is not enough, we need to upgrade cottages with ?insulation? (Called "Winter Cottages")
iii) Gather 15 pieces of insulation (you can make this at the workshop and requires wool, wood, glue, etc.
iv) Upgrade 3 cottages to winter cottages (this requires the cottages to be at level 5, then a certain number of stone, stone blocks, pastes, and ?5 insulation per cottage?
v) Now that the building is upgrade, what about when people go outside, they need to be warm and need coats: Make 10 coats (each coat will requires 5 wool, 3 fur, 1 random dye)
vi) Now that the people will be warm, the kingdom needs to gather enough food to outlast the winter (gather 50 of each harvested food (wheat, strawberries, cocoa, etc.), 50 water, 25 fish, 75 eggs, etc.)

You get the jist of it.

Other suggestions include:
1. Improve the quantity and type of items dropped from the resource buildings once they are upgraded to level 4 and 5. It takes time and rare items to upgrade to these levels and there should be a reward. For example, for the sawing mill, when it is upgraded to level 4 it should star t to drop wood beams and fancy beams and when it is upgraded to level 5 it should drop royal beams and enchanted beams, and on rare occasions simple glue, super glue and pastes.
2. There should be more tradable items in the royal exchange (including being able to trade away items that are no longer used in the game (like the cleaver, and homemade sword)
3. There should be more quests to upgrade buildings to level 5 (and buildings that are upgraded to level 5 should drop something on top of money, like the jeweler can drop 1 jeweler, the tavern should be able to drop a random dish, the market an random item in the game, etc.
4. There should be more 48 hours quests to gather a certain amount of an item.

rainysky92
08-14-13, 05:41 PM
I like this quest idea, it's like a fall harvest.

It would also be amazing if level 5 buildings dropped special items or at least items other than coins! But especially wood beams, I can never seem to get enough of them.

TastyCakeBakery
11-23-13, 09:59 AM
I didn't seen any additional posts to this thread, but I think the suggestions made by liebs12 were on target. And I have a few other suggestions for the holidays.

Just in time for Christmas
1 - have challenges to find the perfect Christmas tree and forge ornament to decorate it.
2 - turn Thomas into Santa Claus for the month of December. Make him a costume or have Ivy make a potion to turn him into Santa and then one to turn him back.
3 - make it snow occasionally through December and start melting in January.
4 - have snowball fights if you make it snow. Or throw snowballs at the Baron. Build snowmen and set around kingdom.
5 - bake Christmas cookies, puddng and treats in the kitchen.
6 - take in a stranded stranger during a snow storm and help them find their way home.
7 - decorate cottages and other buildings for Christmas, twinkling lights, garland, and bows. Then we could sell or trade them later once Christmas is over.
8 - add a sleigh and horses.
9 - make long flowing cloaks for women with fur and jewels

That's all I can think of for now, and it sure would be great to see some of these things come out. Thanks!

my607
11-24-13, 01:51 PM
I didn't seen any additional posts to this thread, but I think the suggestions made by liebs12 were on target. And I have a few other suggestions for the holidays.

Just in time for Christmas
1 - have challenges to find the perfect Christmas tree and forge ornament to decorate it.
2 - turn Thomas into Santa Claus for the month of December. Make him a costume or have Ivy make a potion to turn him into Santa and then one to turn him back.
3 - make it snow occasionally through December and start melting in January.
4 - have snowball fights if you make it snow. Or throw snowballs at the Baron. Build snowmen and set around kingdom.
5 - bake Christmas cookies, puddng and treats in the kitchen.
6 - take in a stranded stranger during a snow storm and help them find their way home.
7 - decorate cottages and other buildings for Christmas, twinkling lights, garland, and bows. Then we could sell or trade them later once Christmas is over.
8 - add a sleigh and horses.
9 - make long flowing cloaks for women with fur and jewels

That's all I can think of for now, and it sure would be great to see some of these things come out. Thanks!

I like those ideas that TasteyCakeBakery suggested. Maybe we can have some of the ideas if not all. Can we have them all dressed in red or green clothes. In January changed back to their old clothes. Some snow in the kingdom would be a great idea.