PDA

View Full Version : Sap Rich Tree (suggestion)

vjgsboy
08-13-13, 05:56 AM
I would love to see a sap-rich tree introduced similar to iron rich rocks. Sap is the one thing I am constantly trying to get for upgrades and such! It's very hard to get enough with the limit of two sawmills and the random giving when chopping down trees!

JayUK69
08-13-13, 06:19 AM
I've found the yellow acer tree to have the highest sap drop rate. I get about 5 or 6 on average from each one.

freetacos
08-13-13, 07:50 AM
I would love to see a sap-rich tree introduced similar to iron rich rocks. Sap is the one thing I am constantly trying to get for upgrades and such! It's very hard to get enough with the limit of two sawmills and the random giving when chopping down trees!

I couldn't agree more whole-heartedly !! And I'll try more yellow acer trees. Thx.

cad33
08-17-13, 08:51 PM
I don't need to build anything anymore, but my upgrades take insane amounts of sap. I have 7 libraries at lvl 2. To get them to lvl 3 requires 40 sap each. 280 sap total. The Wizard schools from 3 to 4 require 4 builder's paste (37 sap each). 148 sap each, 296 sap total. And my last Chateau upgrade requires 4 Architect (8 builder's pastes so 296 total.). So to upgrade my 7 libraries, 2 wizard schools and the chateau takes 872 sap.

This doesn't take into consideration any fancy beams which cost 5 sap per, nor the fact that I need 25 sap to make a Sweet Feast.

Assuming I make 5 sap per pair of sawmills and also assume I can collect from them 4 times per day, that's 20 sap I get per day. Some days are higher and others lower but just trying to take an average.

Assume for every 4 sap I put towards paste, I put 1 sap towards beams and feasts, that means it'll take me getting 1046 sap to have spent 872 on my upgrades mentioned above.
1046 sap divided by 20 is 53 days of playing. 53 days of playing at least 4 times per day, to yield 10 building upgrades. I don't know about you game designers but that does seem a little steep to me.

For Iron, we've got:
Mines
Deep Mines
Iron Rich Rocks
Rocks

For Sap, we've got:
Sawmill
Trees

It kinda blows. I'm at 99 Iron so often now that I'm building swords and armor just to stockpile and not waste the iron. 43 Armor and 25 swords right now.

cad33
08-18-13, 11:38 AM
I've found the yellow acer tree to have the highest sap drop rate. I get about 5 or 6 on average from each one.

Would you please plant 5 trees and then tell us how much sap those 5 gave you? I'm averaging under 3 sap from yellow acer trees (6 trees).

jimboser
08-20-13, 06:32 AM
I will be surprised if the drop rate for the yellow acer works out above any other group of trees. The developers have said previously that the drop rate for all trees is the same. Be sure to allow for the random factor, I've had other trees drop 3 sap when chopped completely, and then the next tree gives zero. All random.

vjgsboy
08-25-13, 06:56 PM
I've chopped various trees that take 10 hits and gotten 2 saps max at times, and chopped the same kind of tree and gotten 4-5. It's totally random, but the lack of ability to consistently get sap is totally annoying. When I went to upgrade a deep mine is when it really got to me. To make it, I needed 2 architect's pastes. That's:

12 simple glues (12x4=48)
Turn those 12 simple glues into 12 super glues (12x5=60)
Turn those 12 super glues into 4 builder's pastes (4x10=40)
Turn those 4 builder's pastes into 2 architect's pastes (no sap required)

So just for those architect's pastes, it's 48+60+40=148. Going level 2 to level 3 requires 2 magic cements, so double that 148 to get 296! That's not counting the fancy beams that are required for the upgrade, which I can't remember what kind or how many it was.