PDA

View Full Version : Reading your wall

jua1978
08-12-13, 01:04 AM
How many players actually read their walls?
I have a level60 active neigbor who plays every single day and they send me food while all my counters are full and I have to decline the food. I have left about 10 messages in the past 2 weeks to ask pretty please to rather send parts as I really need parts instead of food as I battle to build ovens but nothing?
The wall is active because other players also leave messages?

puppynox
08-12-13, 02:00 AM
I think most people read their wall. Whenever I've asked someone a question on their wall, I've always gotten a response, and people on this forum often comment about wall posts they've gotten and what they put on their own wall.

It could be you have one of the rare ones that doesn't read her wall, or it could be that she doesn't care that you want parts. You may even be irritating her by asking her to play differently than she does. I'd chalk it up to you being incompatible neighbors and delete her. It's not mean to delete a neighbor that isn't working out, so don't feel bad about it. There are a lot of people that play this game, so finding new neighbors isn't that difficult. I automatically delete anyone that gives me food, unless they're a long-term neighbor that I know normally gives parts, in which case I assume their finger slipped and give them a pass.

If you're looking for parts neighbors, go to the Add Me forum and post about what kind of neighbor you are and what you like in your neighbors. You may still get some food people (I swear some of them can't read), but you'll be more likely to end up with a few more that play like you.

jua1978
08-12-13, 02:10 AM
Thank you for the reply puppynox, I think the delete option might be my only way out

yoleeo
08-12-13, 03:21 AM
Yeah most ppl will read their wall everyday.Guess u should del non reader^^

justjesi
08-12-13, 10:08 AM
I read mine and have it noted for which of my neighbors post needs on their own walls. So I gift in order of 1-requests that come through 2- posts on walls 3- players who gifted me the day before checking for boxes 4- mass gift common part of new part if 1 week from release. I check for requests as I go through these steps as well. I also always post on my own wall that I am building XXXX and need XX, XX & XX. I have many neighbors who have gifted off of this alone.

I delete food gifters and non-gifters as well. With the non-gifters I watch for gifts full posts and give them credit for trying at least. HTH

nky1111
08-12-13, 10:38 AM
I rarely read..

cherryberry9
08-12-13, 11:15 AM
I always read off my wall. I also only tip off my wall.

tehbaker
08-13-13, 09:00 PM
99% of the time I read my wall. However, there are some days where I simply have no time to tip (days I work a 10 or 12 hour work day and still have college work to get to). Those days I only gift neighbors and don't have time to scroll through my wall - so I default to my normal gift of parts. Once in a while I get a neighbor who is upset by that, but it's life..

On a normal day I will go to my wall, start at the top and scroll down. I try to get all my gifts in first thing so I will see who needs what if they requested, then do a 'gift all'. Once that's done I start tipping. I used to tip everyone - in my friends list and wall, but now that I'm pushing 150 neighbors those who post on my wall get tipped and that's it (aside from a few who I take at their word are daily tipping but no time to post on walls).

If it's consistent, that's something different altogether.

zan5
08-13-13, 09:14 PM
I think that maybe some people don't speak English, therefore can't read their wall??

nky1111
08-14-13, 07:20 AM
then you can usually see it. i've seen walls totally in Arabic)))

Gypsy_Cat
08-14-13, 08:39 AM
I rarely read my wall and I give the same gift to all of my neighbors. I usually give capp unless new appliances are out, then I give the parts for a few days. I don't take gift requests because I have way too many neighbors and play too many TL games to do that. If that's incompatible for anyone, I take no offense in being deleted. This game is supposed to be fun so I don't understand why some players get so bent out of shape about gifts they receive. I don't care what people send me, although brownies suck! lol

sourlicorice5
08-14-13, 09:31 AM
I rarely read my wall and I give the same gift to all of my neighbors. I usually give capp unless new appliances are out, then I give the parts for a few days. I don't take gift requests because I have way too many neighbors and play too many TL games to do that. If that's incompatible for anyone, I take no offense in being deleted. This game is supposed to be fun so I don't understand why some players get so bent out of shape about gifts they receive. I don't care what people send me, although brownies suck! lol

I agree the games are supposed to be fun. I also play quite a few TL games. I do take requests as long as they are posted on my wall only. I also send back what's gifted. I don't care what I get. If a nbr didn't get what they wanted cause they weren't able to gift me if I was maxed and they didn't post their request on my wall then too bad soo sad. I also delete my messages as I tip and gift so if they want me to remember what to send them it'll require another visit from them and a post. I only visit from wall posts and newsfeed through the work week. Weekends if not busy ill visit all. I don't care about receiving tips. Luckily I've got a great group of nbrs. I never post requests on my nbrs walls as I don't care what I get s I have no problem if I have nbrs that don't read their walls. It's their game. They can play how they want as I also play how I want to.

jellypie200
08-14-13, 09:38 AM
How many players actually read their walls?
I have a level60 active neigbor who plays every single day and they send me food while all my counters are full and I have to decline the food. I have left about 10 messages in the past 2 weeks to ask pretty please to rather send parts as I really need parts instead of food as I battle to build ovens but nothing?
The wall is active because other players also leave messages?

I'm just so tired of reading my wall I rather not read it
There's like 10-30 posts for a day that's too much 5 is okay

sweetypies97
08-14-13, 02:09 PM
If I had a neighbour like that I would probably delete (and feel a bit guilty about it). I'd also think about sending. Bat air freshener before deleting (but would never do it).