PDA

View Full Version : Price inconsistency in clearing trees?

katey_kat
08-11-13, 03:03 PM
Hello. I'm a pretty new player to Dragon Story but a frequent player of other TL games across many devices. I'm wondering why the same price isn't charged for clearing the same type of tree across the island? In Castle Story the prices are all the same.
I recently expanded to a new section trying to get down to the dawn tree when the price for clearing a Timberwood tree went from 1,500 to 15,000 :eek: Yet, the fungi price remained the same.

15k to clear a tree seems astronomically ridiculous to me. Is this a bug or the intent of the developer? :confused: If so, should I expect to see a Timberwood tree in the next expansion to cost 150k to clear?

Thank you for a prompt reply.

katey_kat
08-11-13, 03:07 PM
I'm playing on iPhone & iPads running iOS 6.1.3

ShadowDragon136
08-11-13, 07:33 PM
Not a bug unfortunately. Clearing prices will go up and up the more you expand, up to nearly 1M for a single massive rock. Eventually the cost won't be an issue though, just max out your habitats even if they aren't full with dragons (though ideally they would be) and visit lots of other players, and of course, leave messages on their wall so that they have an easy way back to your island so that they can play with your dragons :)

igames4me
08-11-13, 07:40 PM
You should also know that expanding on some people takes 3 days were as for others only one day

salina38
08-11-13, 08:02 PM
Thats something they should change,i was soo angry when i saved the money to clear only to see a forest in its place.i dont spend real money to play.and noone seems to gidt gold .like people gift on bakery story.even tho i want a gemstone baby.i cant afford 2 mil. When it costs that much to double clear property.boo

Dragonilis
08-11-13, 09:16 PM
Yes that is on purpose, different trees and rocks cost different amounts to clear, but as you get to higher levels money becomes less of an issue, it does take a long time to reach that point though. some advise~

-upgrade your habitats to hold 3 dragons (mostly you want lots of big green groves at first cause they are relatively cheap and hold more coins than the red rocks and the yellow platoes do when upgraded to hold three dragons) if you can't afford big green groves yet just buy big red rocks and replace them with the big green groves later when your income is better.

-keep all the dragons you can, even if they are duplicates, but don't bother feeding duplicate commons above level 4. You want your habitats to be full

-if you run out of space for dragons sell any duplicates of common dragons you breed instead of placing them in till you get a non-common dragon. then sell one of the duplicate common dragons and put the non-common in its place, don't sell rares or super rares even if you have duplicates of them, make sure to only sell the duplicate common dragons as these don't make much money.

-evolve rares and super rares to level 7 so they make you more money, again don't bother just yet trying to get commons to high levels, even at high levels they make a very low income.

-don't put all your high earning dragons all in one habitat, spread them out so that you don't have to check in as often to collect coins

-collect coins every 30-40 minutes when possible

-plant buffbeats when you can, and fireapples when you know you won't be able to check in for a long time.

-don't bother upgrading your farms till you're higher level, i should say that you should wait till you make around 50,000 coins every hour to upgrade your farms to the larger version (then you can start planting pumpwings when you know you can't check in for a long time), by then you'll have the space to put them as well, wait for a very very very long time until you make about 400,000 coins every 5 hours to upgrade to the "enchanted farm" as the cost to plant those foods is really expensive

-get light dragons as soon as you can, they make a lot of money, even the commons (and when you have enough coins upgrade to big white habitat, they hold a lot of coins)

-once you've expanded the entire "main" island stop expanding for a little while and work on upgrading the more expensive habitats (big yellows, big blues, big whites and big purples), you want to put all your coins into your habitats so that you start making more money, because the other islands are a lot more expensive to clear. (the first time that I expanded off the main island i uncovered a tree that cost 800,000 coins to clear) (remember to put you more money making dragons into the habitats that hold the most coins)

-if you do expand off the main island and hit something that would take forever to save up to clear (an 800,000 coin tree perhaps) just keep going, don't stop expanding, you need to make room for more habitats

-as someone already said, visit your neighbors as often as you can, add new neighbors, and write on their walls that you played with their dragons so that they play back (each play gives you 250 coins, neighbors can play with 6 of your habitats a day, everyone else can play with only 3)

That's my best advice :) good luck!

katey_kat
08-12-13, 05:01 AM
Thank you for the answer/advice :)

miso71
08-30-13, 07:56 PM
Thank you! :)

lollipop_rp
08-30-13, 08:02 PM
I age with everything above said.
But I'll tell u a tip I learned on the forum.

Only have one red rocks when you become a higher level. Only put your fire and maybe a couple duplicates. Or you can put fire and ruby plus one duplicate.

TheRickySilver
08-30-13, 10:36 PM
and noone seems to gidt gold .like people gift on bakery story.

The reason people don't gift that much in this game is because you are only allowed to send gold to 3 people a day. At this point in the game's lifespan, most people already have regular players they exchange with on a daily basis.

wassupbaby
08-31-13, 06:42 PM
collect coins every 30-40 minutes seems impossible to me XD.