PDA

View Full Version : Train Station

CharlieCattus
08-10-13, 05:21 AM
I am just waiting for the last permits to expand the train station plot and was wondering if anyone is able to let me know which and how much of each upgrade items will be needed to repair it. My barn is full of upgrade items that I would be happy to sell as they are taking up space, but I don't want to sell them if I am going to need them.

Thanks.

edit (KP)

Requirements for Train station
5 bricks , 5 hammers and 5 boards...
8 expansion permits, 8 land deeds, and 8 old maps

@kooky: You can send the train off if you didn't fill up any of the order. Just press the discard button. Though you've to wait for another 12 hours for the next train to arrive. :)

Can't remember how many trains I've sent off. Since I don't have herbs or enough fish for the order. :(

I got to the train. Here is my first order. Now I need the pizza Oven!!

You do get xps and coins for each item.
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps5776cfde.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps5776cfde.png.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zpsb047be08.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zpsb047be08.png.html)

moo8moo
08-10-13, 08:31 PM
Hey CharlieCattus, how many permits are needed to expand to the train station? Would like to start saving for it. Thanks!

dolly8855
08-11-13, 06:27 PM

CharlieCattus
08-12-13, 12:12 AM
Hi moo8moo, you need 8 of each permit, deed and maps.

CharlieCattus
08-12-13, 12:13 AM

Thanks Dolly8855.

moo8moo
08-14-13, 02:33 PM
Hi moo8moo, you need 8 of each permit, deed and maps.

Thanks CharlieCattus.

kooky panda
09-26-13, 05:41 AM

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps5776cfde.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zps5776cfde.png.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zpsb047be08.png (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/null_zpsb047be08.png.html)

kooky panda
09-26-13, 05:58 AM
I have not seen an option to cancel a train order so you will get a new one. If someone has figured out how to to this please post!

Also i noticed that you cannot complete one of the orders until you have all the items. So you will need to get 6 flowers before you can load that one.
I would like to be able to load partial items so I can get those out of my barn and also I will not accidentally send off a plane order with one the items I am trying to load.

mamareader02
09-26-13, 07:52 AM
I was told if you fill at least six of the items,you can send the train off,how is that done?(pics please)

mamareader02
09-26-13, 07:55 AM
I have not seen an option to cancel a train order so you will get a new one. If someone has figured out how to to this please post!

Also i noticed that you cannot complete one of the orders until you have all the items. So you will need to get 6 flowers before you can load that one.
I would like to be able to load partial items so I can get those out of my barn and also I will not accidentally send off a plane order with one the items I am trying to load.

Once you cancel an order,you must wait 12 hours for new one

minidemon88
09-26-13, 09:02 AM
@kooky: You can send the train off if you didn't fill up any of the order. Just press the discard button. Though you've to wait for another 12 hours for the next train to arrive. :)

Can't remember how many trains I've sent off. Since I don't have herbs or enough fish for the order. :(

edit(KP) added to post 1

kooky panda
09-26-13, 10:29 AM
Ok thanks! I got excited and filled one so I never noticed the disgard button! 12 hours for the next train?? Wow!!
Well I am almost finished.. I willn need to buy more pizza in the market since I do not have the oven yet!

minidemon88
09-26-13, 10:42 AM
Ok thanks! I got excited and filled one so I never noticed the disgard button! 12 hours for the next train?? Wow!!
Well I am almost finished.. I willn need to buy more pizza in the market since I do not have the oven yet!

No problem! Also the more orders you've filled up the more rewards you will get. The maximum reward should be up to 5 gems.

kooky panda
09-26-13, 11:02 AM
No problem! Also the more orders you've filled up the more rewards you will get. The maximum reward should be up to 5 gems.
Oh I like this. okay guys I need some PIZZA!!LOL

donnamayes
09-26-13, 03:19 PM
Hi TL,
I have a train delivery but need 7 bass and 8 catfish sandwiches. Given the timelines for making bait and the probability of catching the two type of fish in the quantities needed. An impossibility. I discarded two train orders before this one as well because of fish requirements. It would be great if we had the choice to send the train off when we have filled the orders we can load. We are aware that the rewards are less. Please, please give us something to make this game worth playing.......

kooky panda
09-27-13, 02:47 PM
Okay I get my second Train order... PIZZA AGAIN!!

http://ts3.mm.bing.net/th?id=H.4881416135903842&w=282&h=113&c=7&rs=1&pid=1.7

Well at least this time I did hit the discard button.

Boy do I need that Pizza Oven... only a few more hundred coins to go!!!

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/e57ff6b4-636f-45c1-8df3-018357517975_zpsa2be224f.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/e57ff6b4-636f-45c1-8df3-018357517975_zpsa2be224f.jpg.html)

sunkalito
09-27-13, 04:21 PM
Twelve pizzas??? Ohmygoshwow. I'll never get that done. XD

aimeeq
09-27-13, 08:55 PM
Just got the goal to expand here, I was headed towards the herb garden. Seeing this thread might make me hit the delete button.... No fun if you can't do anything

kooky panda
09-27-13, 09:02 PM
Good news!
Looks like you can only do a few of the orders and get coins and xps for those orders.
I did three orders then disregarded and my train took off. I got coins and xps for those orders.

I did not get the gems since I did not complete all the orders.

olcastle
09-27-13, 10:33 PM
What are the benefits of doing train orders?
I've tried once and it looks like the plane orders give more xp, coins and rewards and without time limit.
Wasn't I lucky enough this time or it's always like that?

sanya87
09-29-13, 09:07 AM
I've just sent the train off and it gave me 5 gems, some coins and xp. Is that all or i am going to get more tomorrow when it comes back? Cause if it's just that, plane deliveries are definitely better for earn the coins and points.

sanya87
09-30-13, 01:27 AM
Train came back and yes that was all. Actually now when i was doing on my second order i was looking more carefully and every time when you click to load one bag you can see how much money and points it will give you. And at the moment when you actually load it you get those coins and xp. And when you load everything and sent your train off you get gems, and again some coins and xp, depending on how much did you put on the train. So when i compare the amount of the items you need to fill the train and how much money i could actually get for them on the market, it is definitely not the best option if your goal is to make as much money as possible. But 5 gems on the other hand are hard to get so at least we get that for the effort to fill the train orders.

ascherb
09-30-13, 06:54 PM
I just expanded to the train station, and I am not that impressed with it... I need 9 linen flowers, they take 2 hours each to make, and are rarely in the newspaper, or being sold. Can't make pizza, that's 2 more items off the list. The amount of coins is not great compared to what you can get in your shop, and you seem to get gems once you have about 6 of the 10 items, and without being able to get 3 of them done in time, I am not sure I am keen on this... Yes it will get rid of stuff in silo or barn that is getting stale, and yes it does give you a goal, but it's near impossible to reach... And really does not pay much. Maybe if I had a huge barn and silo it would work out better. Yes, gems are nice, but, even if here 24x7, at this stage, it's too tough to do. Maybe at a higher level when you have all buildings, but at this point, I'm not impressed with it.

Love the butterfly collections, that one is fun, as is fishing, and mining, although pick axes and shovels are hard to come by... Yes I watch for maxing out on barn space, before I get cash on delivery!

I can get from 1 fish what I get from about half a train order. Busy saving to build buildings, and trying to gather certs, hammers and bolts, so not a lot of room in the barn, nor the silo... Those linen flower things get me 101 coins each in shop, since rare... So would net me 909... Train won't get me one third of that... Giving this a miss ...

Train although pretty will sit empty in my barnyard for awhile...

Maybe others have another spin on this expansion? That's a little more positive than my impression?

sanya87
10-01-13, 07:01 AM
i forgot to say i did get some maps and tools after i have loaded some bags. i think for my first train delivery i got 3 item and on the second on 2. so at least that + gems give me some reason to not give up on the train yet, cause the amount of coins and xp you get for it is really too small.

kooky panda
10-01-13, 10:05 AM
I did get a shovel and map yesterday when I sent my train off. ;)

ongakuonna
10-01-13, 10:03 PM
My first order that I'm going to go for 100% completion! That being said, I'll be getting rid of a lot of my stock to make room for all this junk. Stop on by the shop, folks! ID - mizuonna

http://i.imgur.com/gFvElaV.png

konstans07
10-02-13, 01:26 AM
Sorry, I didn't get it if someone already answered that. Can I send my train even I don't have all the things that needed? Don't expect to earn gems, but can I earn money and xp?
Thanks

sanya87
10-02-13, 01:37 AM
Yesterday i hit the discard button for the first time, when i saw 10 bass orders. No way i can get them in time so now i wait for another one, hopefully without fish orders. They are not realistic, with the chances to catch the bass and not to mention wating time for the bait, i mean seriously. I rarely see anything other then anchovies in the newspaper and i check really often.

I think you can still get some coins and points, even if you dont fill all if the orders. if you look carefully you can see like bronze, silver or gold icon above the orders which show you the "level" of your order and how much money and coins it will give you.

ongakuonna
10-02-13, 01:46 AM
Sorry, I didn't get it if someone already answered that. Can I send my train even I don't have all the things that needed? Don't expect to earn gems, but can I earn money and xp?
Thanks

Every train order has 3 completion levels. Bronze, silver and gold as shown in my photo. If you click the little "i" to the right of where it says "Load more goods onto the train!", you will see what milestone rewards are given.

http://i.imgur.com/n7G2ovt.png

Each time you load a completed grouping of items you will get money and exp rewards. EG - those hats in my photo above will give me 280 exp and 440 gold coins.

http://i.imgur.com/gntk2ar.png

Once you have all of the needed parts for one grouping, click the hats or other item then select "load". Doing this also give you a shot at parts! I got a map piece from loading my carrots just a bit ago.
As you can see above, if I complete 100% of my train order I will receive 5 gems, 140 exp and 300 gold. If I only complete 6 of the 10 orders, I will still get 2 gems, 80 exp and 180 coins. This is in addition to each grouping reward. 100% of my train completion in the photo above nets me a grand total of 5 gems, 1840 exp, 4570 gold
Each train order will be slightly different, of course but you do NOT need to complete it to 100%. If you leave it at say... 6 completed orders then when the timer runs out, the train will leave and you will receive whatever is listed when you press the "i". You can also see that there is a meter down at the bottom to show you if you've reached the bronze, silver or gold reward level.

Hope that answers your question more clearly!

konstans07
10-02-13, 02:06 AM
Thank u thank u thank u for your answers :-))
I don't have the pizza oven, trying to collect money to buy it lol and don't want to spend those money at the market! Ouf I like this game a lot even it's difficult !!

ascherb
10-02-13, 04:08 AM
Thanks, that was very helpful. In 2 hours I send off 1 train, since I wanted to see how it works. My train needed 8 rings and 2 types of pizza, quantity of 11 and 12, and there was no way I was going to get any of that! Not through the newspaper, or friends... So the train leaves in 2 hours, with 7 of 10 items, and I noticed at 6 the gems becomes 2. I think I have to spend time and money getting the buildings I don't have to be able to do some of this stuff, and if the train needs things from mine or jeweler, it will be tough since pick axes and shovels are hard to come by.

Yesterday when I worked on getting the 7 items, it through my entire rhythm of the game off, causing me to become full far too often, and not be able to make things when going for 23 hot peppers, or 25 carrots, or whatever. Buildings became unused, since I no longer had enough wheat or corn to be able to do anything useful. And after that I was going onesie twosie, trying to get rid of stuff, and open space. Did not help that things in the shop were absolutely not selling!!! Was driving me a bit crazy... So conclusion is, getting stuff for train is challenging, and a little stressful!!!

Totally unrelated, wishing I could swap parts with neighbors,... Where it's a 2 way thing. I have too much paint and bricks, and not enough nails, and the certs I have are very unbalanced in counts, making barn full, since I can't use to expand. Not sure if anyone has recommendations on what to do to even things out. Finding nails and right certs for sale is pure luck!! And don't get often through random drops...

sanya87
10-02-13, 07:42 AM
Today i got a new order that i will be able to finish even before time runs out. But some of them were really hard, for example one time they demanded me flowers, hats and wool, all in amount around ten. Luckily i had some of them saved and was able to find some wool on the market. And last two orders not one single item from studio or wool. So there should be some kind of balance with these orders, especially since we have only one of each machine to produce and of course with his time limit.

kooky panda
10-02-13, 10:47 AM
WHOOO!!!! I finally sent out a complete Train order!!!(without using any gems )

Yeah! Cut it close since when I was collecting the flowers, I accidentally used one in a plane order!!
Got my 5 gems!

yummydedumdum
10-02-13, 12:21 PM
I reached level 25 which is when the train station is supposed to come into action. Nothing happened. Weeds are still around it, etc. When I click on station, it says "Requires Level 25" and yet I am on level 25. Have shut down Farm Story 2, restarted, and yet to no avail. I am using IPad 2 with 7.02 OS.

You say I have to expand to it to open it. Right, well I expanded to it when I was on level 17 so all this time I have been expanded to it. You can go and see for yourself. I have a tree lined sidewalk to it with the lemon trees and the cocoa trees. This has been done for a long time. I just got the lemon trees today to finish it. I don't know how much more I can be expanded to it than what I have done.

yummydedumdum
10-02-13, 12:36 PM
Okay,well I figured it out on my own. I am now up and running.

ghjvcucjb
10-06-13, 09:20 PM
Got my train this morning and sent out my first delivery just now! At first it was stressful trying to find a new rhythm to my farm routine with plane deliveries vs train vs store. In the end I chose to focus on the train as this was my first try. Once I got the basic 6 (I read on here that's the minimum to send out), I loaded them up to free space in my barn. At one point all but two of my plane deliveries lit up so I started sending out those if they didn't include items for the 3 remaining train loads. Once I was cooking the last train item, I turned my attention towards the plane. Now that the train departed, will focus on restalking store.

I like the fact that you can load up items one car at a time to free up space, although I would suggest NOT doing that until you have the 6 load minimum. That way, you don't lose out on those items and can at least send out a partial train.

Just wanted to share what worked for me

moonjerry8885
10-11-13, 01:48 AM
I think it's pretty tedious to get all of the items just to get that miserable 5 GEMS! I was so excited to expand to the train station till I saw the orders!:(

SassyMinx13
10-11-13, 03:19 PM
The train is a joke. I regret expanding to it. SIX gems? Seriously?!?! I get that you get coins and XP with each item you load .... but for the train to be at ALL useful and fun it's got to have payouts that beat the plane's. I added up the $ and XP I got for each item and a full train---- I could easily TRIPLE that in a few hours of plane deliveries. If you haven't, don't expand until/unless the train is changed.

synsanity
10-11-13, 03:23 PM
I will admit I have only looked at two train orders but both seemed impossible to achieve (I did the math for the goods to be produced by the studio and it was not possible to achieve unless I bought some) so my question is how do you do it and do plane orders and actually have a life during the day because you would have to be tending to this game for the entire time I would think?!? ( long sentence lol )

Yeah... Wow I'm amazed at those of you who do it.

yourstru
10-11-13, 04:07 PM
Well so far I've been Abe to fill 3 train orders and I had to discard one due to improbability of fulfilling the orders. This one I'm working on, I need to fill up 1 more, making hats, I can make it, if I get wool, but since TL changed the newspaper times, I can't get it. When it comes to train orders, if I can't fill 3 or more, I discard the order. I also have a ton of neighbors that sell goods that I can't make yet. Hope this helps. Every player is different but the way I fill the train orders, one at a time, starting with the easy ones and the spend most of my time looking for what I need. I also post on my wall of what I need and hopefully I'll get a response will see

minidemon88
10-12-13, 12:14 AM
I will admit I have only looked at two train orders but both seemed impossible to achieve (I did the math for the goods to be produced by the studio and it was not possible to achieve unless I bought some) so my question is how do you do it and do plane orders and actually have a life during the day because you would have to be tending to this game for the entire time I would think?!? ( long sentence lol )

Yeah... Wow I'm amazed at those of you who do it.

It is possible provided if you're willing to do these steps. Otherwise, just let your train stay rotting or don't bother expanding to the train.
1. Spend coins and buy some of the items needed for the train. (E.g: Items which takes long hour to make or in large quantity needed.)
2. You need to tend to the game very often in order to make enough items for the train.
3. Sacrifice your sleeping time.
4. Sacrifice your real life time, since your hands will be hooked to your device so often.

There's also some stuffs you need in order to achieve that, big capacity of barn/silo space and coins. :) I've completed 2 train orders and don't bother doing it anymore.

bowlfullofcherries
10-12-13, 02:35 AM
I've completed five and enjoy the challenge. I'm an unpaid chauffeur so I'm sitting in my car a lot waiting for various events in my family members' lives to end. Farm story and castle story are generally fun time ****ers. I utilize the newspaper a lot so the train is a good object at which to direct my zeal. But the latest delivery required nine gold nuggets.

Buying and crafting are things I can control. The mine isn't. The pick-axes, the metals mined- I'd been doing so well. Isn't pointless stuff pointless? Why make a goal that would cost more to complete than the rewards are worth? Why attempt to complete it? No logic there. And very discouraging.

Does anyone have an argument for this? I don't think I'm unreasonable to state this but sometimes when I believe what I'm saying to a certain degree my scope narrows. Isn't this just a blatant way to make money off players?

queentina3
10-26-13, 06:49 AM
Has anyone run into a train order that requires items they're not at a level to make yet? I have a train order asking for 9 herbs, but I haven't expanded to the herb garden and the herbs I'm finding in people's shops state level 28 required, I'm only level 26. So.....I can't fill that order because I haven't expanded there and can't purchase the required amount because I'm not at that level yet. That is the only order I won't be able to fill. :(:mad:

gwgw123
10-27-13, 05:21 AM
Has anyone run into a train order that requires items they're not at a level to make yet? I have a train order asking for 9 herbs, but I haven't expanded to the herb garden and the herbs I'm finding in people's shops state level 28 required, I'm only level 26. So.....I can't fill that order because I haven't expanded there and can't purchase the required amount because I'm not at that level yet. That is the only order I won't be able to fill. :(:mad:

I keep getting herb orders on both plane and train and I haven't yet expanded anywhere near it. You just have to discard the orders.

HOWEVER as far as I am aware you can expand to the herb garden at any level (provided you get enough expansion items) and the item you see similar to herbs in your neighbours' shops is actually spinach (available from level 28).

HTH

queentina3
10-27-13, 05:40 AM
I keep getting herb orders on both plane and train and I haven't yet expanded anywhere near it. You just have to discard the orders.

HOWEVER as far as I am aware you can expand to the herb garden at any level (provided you get enough expansion items) and the item you see similar to herbs in your neighbours' shops is actually spinach (available from level 28).

HTH

Oh, that's spinach. LOL!!!

I don't have enough to expand there and I'm only a few land deeds away from the plot right before the Mine. I'm at least 2 or 3 plots away from the herb garden so it will take me a long time to get there without using gems. I can't discard the train order as I started filling it before realizing I wasn't going to be able to get the herbs. I guess I'll have to check in the future and discard a whole train or just fill everything BUT the herbs (which is what I did this time.)

I really wish we could send the train even if not every order is filled instead of having to wait the time out. Right now the only way to send my train is to spend gems to fill the herbs, which I refuse to do, so I have to wait until tonight for the darn thing to shove off. :(

caramel114
11-21-13, 09:04 PM
Hi I just expanded to the train station and the requirements to repair it seem to be different from the original post.
It requires 3 boards, 3 hammers and 3 bricks instead of 5 of each. I wonder if this was a recent change..

patisu
11-22-13, 10:12 AM
Queentina3, if you are not going to be able to fill the change, I would suggest only filling it enough to get the 2 gems and save the other items. Maybe you are doing that already?

patisu
11-22-13, 10:13 AM
Hi I just expanded to the train station and the requirements to repair it seem to be different from the original post.
It requires 3 boards, 3 hammers and 3 bricks instead of 5 of each. I wonder if this was a recent change..

I only used 3 of each many moons ago.

ginrae22
11-22-13, 10:18 AM

I totally agree! I end up only working on two items from the train at a time because my barn can't handle it.

nicxole
11-22-13, 11:46 AM
I'm one expansion away from the train, but after reading this I might just save my permits for when I hit the beehive (I'm level 28, and I think the beehive is at 30). I still don't even have the juicer or the pizza oven

mcgee22
11-24-13, 10:08 AM
EveryTime I try to expand I am told that I need level 25 to expand but I'm already at level 26. What is the problem?

kooky panda
11-24-13, 10:10 AM
EveryTime I try to expand I am told that I need level 25 to expand but I'm already at level 26. What is the problem?
Have you done all the expansions up to the train?

mcgee22
11-24-13, 10:27 AM
Oh oops! Just realized that there is another expansion right there... And I used up all my items to strait expanding to the mine! Sigh, guess I will have to wait again....

Thanks though.

esperia77
12-07-13, 12:26 PM
I've fulfilled a train order, but the train left without my products.
What happened? How can I deliver an order with the train?

tankerslacers
12-07-13, 06:11 PM
I'm on level 39 and around level 37 or so, my train time went from 1-1/2 days to 20 hours. At first it bummed me out, but then I realized I was only loading the train for the 2 gems anyways, so the train left and returned faster. It actually ended up being quite an advantage. Now I notice my train time is back to 1-1/2 days. Has anyone else above level 37 or so noticed this as well?

esperia77
12-10-13, 11:59 AM
I've fulfilled a train order, but the train left without my products.
What happened? How can I deliver an order with the train?

Please could anyone explain to me how I can do it?
I've spent almost a day to fulfill an order for the train and in the end it left without my products. My barn is full to the top and I have to wait 11 hours for the next train!
I'm frustrated.

PookieBear50
12-10-13, 01:55 PM
Please could anyone explain to me how I can do it?
I've spent almost a day to fulfill an order for the train and in the end it left without my products. My barn is full to the top and I have to wait 11 hours for the next train!
I'm frustrated.

Just getting all the items you need isn't enough. When sending out an order on the train, you need to click on the items (e.g., 23 chili peppers). It will ask you if you want to "Load" the items. Choose "Load" and the peppers will be replaced by a bag with a check mark on it.

esperia77
12-11-13, 08:11 AM
Just getting all the items you need isn't enough. When sending out an order on the train, you need to click on the items (e.g., 23 chili peppers). It will ask you if you want to "Load" the items. Choose "Load" and the peppers will be replaced by a bag with a check mark on it.

Thank you very much. Now that you have explain to me the trick, I must admit that it would have been pretty obvious. :rolleyes:
Next order I'll do as you suggest.

milobaby80
12-12-13, 01:44 PM
I'm stuck on my train station I need a item I have never seen

milobaby80
12-12-13, 01:48 PM
I need help on the train station it wants something I don't have and never seen it kinda looks like the spinach but different

milobaby80
12-12-13, 01:50 PM
I don't know how to get a item it wants it look like a spinach but it's different never seen it before help

kooky panda
12-12-13, 03:42 PM
I don't know how to get a item it wants it look like a spinach but it's different never seen it before help
It is a herb. You collect these when you expand to the herb garden.

Herb Garden Thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59175-Where-is-the-herb-garden&p=747402&viewfull=1#post747402)

milobaby80
12-12-13, 04:27 PM
Ok thank you very much

ginerp
12-26-13, 02:40 PM
Some people said they don't bother with the train because they can't totally fill it. I recommend working on it anyway. I have only totally filled it once, but I have still gotten many expansion items, quite a few gems, and coins from it. Every time you load an item, you will get at least coins for it. So it's not an all or nothing kind of thing.

kooky panda
12-26-13, 05:00 PM
i usually can fill enough to get 2 gems. I have totally filled the entire train about 5 times. I sometimes will get a part or map from one of the orders.

PookieBear50
12-26-13, 11:44 PM
Some people said they don't bother with the train because they can't totally fill it. I recommend working on it anyway. I have only totally filled it once, but I have still gotten many expansion items, quite a few gems, and coins from it. Every time you load an item, you will get at least coins for it. So it's not an all or nothing kind of thing.

It's true that it isn't impossible to fill, but it can be very difficult, especially given the time limitations and the space limitations in your Barn and Silo. If anything, I only load up crops, because that's all I usually have a large enough surplus of to send out. There's simply not enough space at lower levels (I'm at 34) to store all the items needed for crafted/processed items, especially with some components (e.g., cocoa) needed for multiple items AND no way to produce those items at the same time (e.g., dark chocolate and chocolate oranges). The only alternative is to haunt the News Stand and scroll repeatedly through your neighbors (and random farms) in search of enough items to fill a train order, and that is probably more expensive than everything you'll get from filling the train order in the first place (minus the gems, of course).

For the record, I've filled the entire train only once, and that by spending a lot of coins to completely fill the order. I've gotten it to silver medal level maybe twice, and always manage to get enough crops to fill it to bronze.

amanitamuscaria
01-20-14, 12:33 AM
Hello everyone. In my train deliveries they want me to make 26 christmas things, which have disappeared from the game 2-3 weeks ago. It's 12 cookies and 14 milk-egg-something. I wonder why is that? When they aren't available anymore, how come the train wants them? It's ridiculous!

cityfan
03-19-14, 10:55 AM
Hello, I just expanded to the train, and have a couple questions.

1. Didn't see an option to reject .... If you can't make a particular item, can you just reject that part, or the whole train? In any case, I didn't see a way to do that.
2. I only see an option for a standard order, do the other 2 open up at later levels? I'm level 38.
3. What's the max number of gems you can get from a train? I filled one completely and got 5.
4. Do the orders get harder to fill as you level up?

Thanks for your help.....

kooky panda
03-19-14, 11:00 AM
Hello, I just expanded to the train, and have a couple questions.

1. Didn't see an option to reject .... If you can't make a particular item, can you just reject that part, or the whole train? In any case, I didn't see a way to do that.
2. I only see an option for a standard order, do the other 2 open up at later levels? I'm level 38.
3. What's the max number of gems you can get from a train? I filled one completely and got 5.
4. Do the orders get harder to fill as you level up?

Thanks for your help.....
You have the option to disregard the entire train as long as you do not fill any of the orders.
So far only the standard order is part of the game.
5 gems is the max

zenobia42
08-04-14, 06:44 PM
Wow - I am looking at those train order pics in this thread and seeing things that must be MANY levels above me. Question: does the train only ask you for things you can possibly provide at your level?

Also, would the experts here recommend expanding to the train station early? I am level 14. And trying to decide whether to expand towards it, or towards the fishing pond, or the herb garden... or possibly the junk pile near the water garden.

sheturtle
08-07-14, 08:41 PM
Every time you load an item, you will get at least coins for it. So it's not an all or nothing kind of thing.

Is this still true? I know the train interface has changed significantly since the screen prints shown so far in this thread. I noted the number of coins I had before the train, added all the coins listed for the items on the train, filled the train, & sent it off, but when I checked to see the increase in coins, it was only the amount of the train "bonus" (180 coins) more.

Did I experience a glitch, or is this the way the train works...fill the train, but only get 5 gems, the 180 coins & the experience stars? I hope I had a glitch. But, I worry that this is just another of TL's traps, this one for coins.

Can someone from TL or a moderator please confirm or refute the way it really works?

mrysd
09-12-14, 05:19 PM
As you load each item it gives you the coins and xp listed in the box for that item.

Hoila
09-23-14, 08:23 PM
edit (KP)

Requirements for Train station

I just expanded to the train station. You only need 3 of each now...

neurotika
12-04-14, 12:52 PM
If there are ten orders to fill for every train delivery, how many do you need to fulfill for each level?

You i have a train delivery that ?'m thinking of just completing up to silver and i'm thinking if i have enough orders fulfilled or if i should do more. I only have one more to load right now and thinking if i should buy the stuff for the last one to be able to get at least 2 gems.

EDIT: FOUND THE ANSWER. FILL 6 ORDERS AND YOU GET SILVER LEVEL.

neurotika
12-12-14, 12:22 AM
I loaded one order then changed my mind and discarded. I got the reward so this means that if you can only fulfill 2 gems then you don't have to wait.

agnes__
01-24-15, 05:12 AM
I've loaded 6 shipments and wanted to send the train away but I just realized that the discard button has been replaced with "load all for x gems" button. Are you not supposed to be able to send trains away after you've loaded some orders?

Rynetory2
01-24-15, 05:59 AM
I've loaded 6 shipments and wanted to send the train away but I just realized that the discard button has been replaced with "load all for x gems" button. Are you not supposed to be able to send trains away after you've loaded some orders?

The train will leave immediately if you fulfil all items. Otherwise it only leaves when the timer runs out with a partial load.

agnes__
01-24-15, 07:45 AM
Thanks, I thought so too but the post above me says you don't have to wait so I was wondering if I had been missing that option all this time because I can't find a way to send the train away before the timer runs out or before I fulfill all orders.

Rynetory2
01-24-15, 08:31 AM
Thanks, I thought so too but the post above me says you don't have to wait so I was wondering if I had been missing that option all this time because I can't find a way to send the train away before the timer runs out or before I fulfill all orders.

I'm confused by that post too. If you load only 1 item you still have the option to discard train but you don't get your item returned nor gems, you get only cash and xp for that item. The train leaves immediately if you discard it.

Once you load more than 1 item, you can't discard train. The discard button changes to load for X gems. You either load full train for 5 gems and it leaves when full or load to 6 items for 2 gems and wait for it to leave.

agnes__
01-24-15, 10:26 AM
I see, thanks. Maybe it was just a misunderstanding on their part. I mean this isn't the most intuitive game...

neurotika
01-24-15, 07:55 PM
Sorry about my post guys. I was wrong. Can't discard for silver level.

deanamarr
05-21-16, 11:15 AM
I had my first train delivery but I didn't get anything for it? What's the point of using up so many items if you don't earn coins??

kooky panda
05-21-16, 04:00 PM
You should of received the items showing for each item. When you fully load an item and click on it, you should see coins and xp add in.

If you are not receiving your coins and XPs please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

deanamarr
05-21-16, 06:41 PM
So you get the coins and points as you add the train cars not after it returns to the station?

You should of received the items showing for each item. When you fully load an item and click on it, you should see coins and xp add in.

If you are not receiving your coins and XPs please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

kooky panda
05-21-16, 06:49 PM
From the Game Guide (http://forums.storm8.com./showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1247870&viewfull=1#post1247870)

(merging thread with current Train Thread.)

Train Station

Available at level 25.

Expansion: 8 expansion permits, 8 land deeds, 8 old maps
Repair: 3 bricks, 3 hammers, 3 wood planks

To expand to Train Station, click on the expansion arrows to go into expansion mode and click on the Train Station.

http://i328.photobucket.com/albums/l339/z0000/FS2/image_zps5dadnarq.jpeg

Send your train
Each train asks for 10 orders. You have 1 day 12 hours to load the orders before it departs.

When you have enough crafts/crops in your barn/silo for an order, you can click the [Load] button to submit the order and these items will be removed from your barn/silo. Each loaded order gives you the experience points (xp) and coins shown next to the order.

If you load 6 orders, you will get an additional 2 gems plus xp and coins shown in the rewards box. Click the [i] icon to see the rewards box. You won't get any gems if you load less than 6 orders. The train leaves when the timer hits 0 and returns in 12 hours.

If you load a full train of 10 orders, it gives you 5 gems plus xp, coins and a surprise random gift (an upgrade part or an expansion paper). It leaves immediately upon loading the last order and clicking the [Send] button. The train returns in 12 hours with new orders.

If you want to earn gems, it's best to load either 6 or 10 orders. Loading 7-9 orders will only give you 2 gems so you're better off loading only 6 orders and keep your remaining products for other use.

Discard train
You can discard the train if you can't or don't wish to fulfil the orders by clicking the [Discard] button. The train will leave and return with new orders in 12 hours. Do note that once you have loaded more than 1 order, you will not be able to discard this train and the order which you have loaded will not be returned to you.

Prepare for next train
You may not know what your next train is asking for but you can craft and stock up what is needed and prepare for your next train using the train order list (shown in next post). This way, when your train comes, you have all the items needed to send it off immediately. Of course you also need a big barn and silo to store everything. :) Stock and plan wisely to be able to send 2 full trains a day to earn more gems.

Discussion thread: How does the train station delivery work? (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?85082-How-Does-the-Train-Station-Delivery-Work), Train Station (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?56917-Train-Station)

kaydev14
05-23-16, 07:57 AM
I'm on level 52 and still only able to load the first "level" of the train. When do you start making more loads on the train?

syncler78
05-23-16, 08:52 AM
I'm on level 52 and still only able to load the first "level" of the train. When do you start making more loads on the train?

You don't. It's something S8 has left for future development...maybe.

kaydev14
05-24-16, 06:46 AM
You don't. It's something S8 has left for future development...maybe.

Thank you very much, good to know!

KojiMama
06-25-16, 07:28 AM
Have you done all the expansions up to the train?

I'm having the same problem, I've expanded the land up to the train and am close to level 26. I haven't done the land to the sides of the train, just the land leading directly up to the train. Usually I tap on an objective and it tells me what I need to expand to it, but this just gives me the 'you need to be level 25' message.

Rynetory2
06-25-16, 07:33 AM
I'm having the same problem, I've expanded the land up to the train and am close to level 26. I haven't done the land to the sides of the train, just the land leading directly up to the train. Usually I tap on an objective and it tells me what I need to expand to it, but this just gives me the 'you need to be level 25' message.

Tap on the expansion arrows at the edges of your farm to enter Expansion mode, then click on the Train Station and you'll be able to expand there.

raissawinda
07-30-16, 04:39 PM
excuse me... the look of the train on this thread is pretty much different compare to my train, i am on android using birthday version. that look on the first page of this thread can avoid us from misclick the load button for the gems instead, while my train's look is still the old one.

Rynetory2
07-30-16, 05:03 PM
That was the old version of the Train Station. The pic in the Guide is the current.

raissawinda
07-30-16, 06:00 PM
i hope team lava make an update for android users anytime soon especially the train station, i like the new look very much... :D

Rynetory2
07-30-16, 08:11 PM
Are you saying your current train screen doesn't look like the pic in Post 1 of this thread nor the one in the Guide? How does it look like?

raissawinda
08-02-16, 06:55 AM
I would love to have this look rynetory2, apologize for the late reply I've been dealing with a difficult job atm, lol.. I wish to play more often, currently working on my train too, completing more lemonade and scarfs, and done... :o

Are you saying your current train screen doesn't look like the pic in Post 1 of this thread nor the one in the Guide? How does it look like?

BLove72
09-10-16, 10:27 PM
So I just reached levels 25 & 26 and am on my 3rd train. First train was challenging but was able to load all items and get full rewards. However, trains 2 & 3 are asking me to load items that I can't make yet, like sushi, honeycombs, rice cakes, and parsley. Also, my current train wants 10 grape cider, 7 raisin toast, and 7 grape tarts. This means i would need 62 purple grapes in 36 hrs. I don't think I've even collected that many since i started playing. Can someone look into this issue? I play on Android. (I apologize if this was mentioned on another post.)

Rynetory2
09-11-16, 04:40 AM
Generally the train asks for random crafts that are available to your current farm level. It can ask you for crafts even if you havent buy the building. I am not sure which exact craft you are referring to. You can find the crafts in List of Crafts (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1260200&viewfull=1#post1260200) and see their level under the respective building. Do let me know if your train asks you for items beyond your level, which it should not.

As for the quantities required, I'm afraid our trains can sometimes be tough and not everyone can send a full train all the time. You can try buying from your newspapers, get help from your neighbours or post in the Farm 2: Buy/Sell thread to get help from the community. FYI use the Train Orders List (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1247871&viewfull=1#post1247871) to help you to stock up.

BLove72
09-12-16, 12:23 AM
Generally the train asks for random crafts that are available to your current farm level. It can ask you for crafts even if you havent buy the building. I am not sure which exact craft you are referring to. You can find the crafts in List of Crafts (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88919-Farm-Story-2-Buildings-and-Crafts-Guide&p=1260200&viewfull=1#post1260200) and see their level under the respective building. Do let me know if your train asks you for items beyond your level, which it should not.

As for the quantities required, I'm afraid our trains can sometimes be tough and not everyone can send a full train all the time. You can try buying from your newspapers, get help from your neighbours or post in the Farm 2: Buy/Sell thread to get help from the community. FYI use the Train Orders List (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?88922-Farm-Story-2-Farm-Activities-and-Features-Guide&p=1247871&viewfull=1#post1247871) to help you to stock up.

Thanks for the info. I can confirm that my last train asked for beeswax, salmon rolls, and rice crackers, all of which are level 30 and above. I'm only at level 26.

Rynetory2
09-12-16, 01:43 AM
Thanks for the info. I can confirm that my last train asked for beeswax, salmon rolls, and rice crackers, all of which are level 30 and above. I'm only at level 26.

Hmmm strange, not sure why. Are you able to buy those crafts, that is if you had seen them on sale? I'm checking with the team on this. Thank you for reporting in.

To add: Can you help to post screenshots for investigation in the bugs and issues forum, if this happens again? Thank you.

BLove72
09-12-16, 11:37 PM
Hmmm strange, not sure why. Are you able to buy those crafts, that is if you had seen them on sale? I'm checking with the team on this. Thank you for reporting in.

To add: Can you help to post screenshots for investigation in the bugs and issues forum, if this happens again? Thank you.

Yes i have seen those for sale. I didn't buy any because the quantity wasn't enough to fill the orders. I will go to the other thread to post a screenshot.

Rynetory2
09-13-16, 12:39 AM
Yes i have seen those for sale. I didn't buy any because the quantity wasn't enough to fill the orders. I will go to the other thread to post a screenshot.

Just a note, if you could buy them, you should be able to make them. I'll wait for you to post a screenshot of your train orders. Unless the team has changed the craft level requirements lately (that I am not aware of or havent spotted yet), the levels stated in the Guides should be correct. But it's ok, I'll help you to sort this out. :)