PDA

View Full Version : Battle arena tournament Resetting

thesweetshope
08-09-13, 11:57 AM
iPad mini - completed the first 20 rounds of tournament, but it has now reset and I am back to Round 1. How can I get my progress back?

darkglacier
08-10-13, 12:06 AM
iPad mini - completed the first 20 rounds of tournament, but it has now reset and I am back to Round 1. How can I get my progress back?

I'm in the same boat. Tried emailing support 24 hours ago, and no answer yet. Spent gold to help move through the tournament, worried now I won't get a chance to finish in time. I'm also on an iPad mini. I didn't download the update, but I did restart and all that jazz.

darkglacier
08-10-13, 12:10 AM
I'm in the same boat. Tried emailing support 24 hours ago, and no answer yet. Spent gold to help move through the tournament, worried now I won't get a chance to finish in time. I'm also on an iPad mini. I didn't download the update, but I did restart and all that jazz.

Just tried updating. Didn't fix anything, I'm still back at round 1. Not cool.

kooky panda
08-10-13, 08:22 AM
I will report this over.

I am only seeing some players with this issue.
Can everyone give some extra information?

What specific device do you play on?
Are you playing on the regular Dragon game version 1.6? (look under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen).

mrarfan
08-10-13, 08:34 AM

I'm also on iPad Mini but my progress is just fine....Sorry to hear that

kevinlu129
08-10-13, 10:51 AM
I have the same issue. I have completed 20 or 21 rounds, lost the battle against the Kitsune Dragon this morning, but right now just starts over.

darkglacier
08-10-13, 11:54 AM
I will report this over.

Are you playing on the regular Dragon game version 1.6? (look under menu-help-small number at the bottom of the screen).

Thanks for helping - like I mentioned, I'm playing on iPad mini. The issue started before I updated, (so I was using the previous version). Then I updated to 1.6 to see if it helped, but my tournament is still back on round 1. I think I was previously on round 16 before it reset. I tried emailing support but no response yet.

08-10-13, 12:02 PM
I'm playing on an Ipad 3. I downloaded the latest version of DS needed for the Ice Isles. I did not upgrade to iOS 7.

My game was working perfectly during the YY and Etherial trials. When this one started it was fine too, until two night ago when I went back to battle crusader and saw I was back on round 1.

Last night the tournament screen disappeared completely. It came back AFTER at least 8 hours had passed. When I checked this morning, it had returned, but only on round 4 that I'd gotten on the 2nd time around.

I Sent an email into support and have a support ticket.

I can PM the number and my ID name if someone is able and willing to take a look into things.

I have two accounts that was playing at the same time. The one on this account, with an iPod touch is working fine. I'm up against helios at the moment.

I think its unfair that those of us experiencing this problem is being ignored. Whether we used gold or not we put time and effort into getting to where we were.

cakeandpie
08-10-13, 12:03 PM
I have a similar problem! I had just defeated Crusader (on the 19th try!!!) and when I went back in an hour, it was still Crusader! So it didn't go back to the beginning, but it might as well have, for all the time and dragons that were lost. There is NO way I can finish this tournament if I have to defeat Crusader again.

I sent an email to TL support but the auto-reply said wait a few days for my ticket to be processed. The tournament will be over by then!

I'm on iPhone 4 and I did not download the latest Arctic update.

08-10-13, 02:02 PM
I have a similar problem! I had just defeated Crusader (on the 19th try!!!) and when I went back in an hour, it was still Crusader! So it didn't go back to the beginning, but it might as well have, for all the time and dragons that were lost. There is NO way I can finish this tournament if I have to defeat Crusader again.

I sent an email to TL support but the auto-reply said wait a few days for my ticket to be processed. The tournament will be over by then!

I'm on iPhone 4 and I did not download the latest Arctic update.

You can still do it! Dont give up. Take a day and heal your best fighters. Throw what you can at him. Or whatever you defeated him with the first time.

Half of my good fighters are gone, that's why I feel so sick at starting from the beginning.

bejl
08-10-13, 06:45 PM
I will report this over.

Playing on IPOD version 1.6 Dragon story , beat lvl 17 game crashed . Restarted and back to Lvl 1 again :(

kooky panda
08-10-13, 06:46 PM
Everyone posting that their tournament has reset back to level one, are currently talking about the current tournament for the Phoenix dragon right?

Right before your tournament started over did everyone get an out of sync message, or did you just come back to the game and the tournament started over?

08-10-13, 06:47 PM
Everyone posting that their tournament has reset back to level one, are currently talking about the current tournament for the Phoenix dragon right?

Yes, we are.

bejl
08-10-13, 06:48 PM
Yes the current tournament , thanks for checking on this for us

bejl
08-10-13, 06:54 PM

Right before your tournament started over did everyone get an out of sync message, or did you just come back to the game and the tournament started over?

No error message, I got the winner screen after beating Fireworks dragon then game crashed back to home screen on Ipod. Restarted game from icon battle was ready again instead of the normal 1 hour wait . Clicked battle arena and was back at Lvl 1

enoch4
08-10-13, 08:17 PM
Yes, current tournament. I didn't notice anything particular before it happened, I just opened the app, got the normal 'processing' screen, collected coins, but when I clicked the battle arena saw that I was back at round 1.

flowcapp
08-10-13, 10:13 PM
Hi there,
I am like the other players I was on level 25 of the torment and it has also going back to level one,
Any ideas or answers to why this is happing

flowcapp
08-10-13, 10:17 PM
Hi there,
I play on my iPad
And also on on my iPhone

darkglacier
08-10-13, 10:51 PM
Don't know if this is coincidental or not, but, on my game this happened the first time I logged in after the update was released, but before I actually installed the update. If that makes sense. Getting nervous as the end of the tournament is getting closer. Any chance of us getting our progress back in time???

kms899
08-11-13, 04:48 AM
I have the ipod touch 5 with ios 6.1.3 stock f/w and running dragon story version 1.6.

To keep it simple, like most people here installed the update, run DS and the game worked fine, when turned on next time the tournament started from round 1, tried uninstalling the DS, still the same.

doublescream
08-11-13, 08:22 AM
My tournament doesn't reset all the way back to the beginning but just back to Helios. I've beaten him twice but he's back again and again. There's no problems with my Internet connection.

I'm playing on a 4th gen iPad, iOS 6.1.3, latest version of Dragon Story.

doublescream
08-11-13, 08:23 AM
I've tried restarting, install/uninstall, force close to no avail

kooky panda
08-11-13, 09:15 AM
Guys I did report and a CM is checking into this. I hope we can get some information on this , but remember it is the weekend.
I will share any information that I find out on the status of this.
If you have not already done so, go ahead and submit an email to support@teamlava.com

bevnkarim
08-11-13, 06:02 PM
Mine did the same thing! And I did spend some gold, too. I'm on and iPod touch gen 4, and I had updated before it reset me (so 1.6). I think I was on battle 25.

sunkalito
08-11-13, 06:16 PM
"Please, i need help urgently!!!

I was fighting in the phoenix tournament, against helios already!! My nephew dropped my ipad and it wouldn't turn back on!! So i took it to my neighbor who's a tech, but he told me it probably would have to go to repair in store. I backed up my game to my android phone in the meantime (and downloaded free gold, yay).
Twenty minutes later he calls me saying that after all my ipad is working, he turned it on and formatted it (which sucked). Has a but of a dent on the side, but otherwise seemingly okay...
So eventually i got back into the apple store and retrieved my game, but now i'm back on forest dragon. Please please please help me, please... I'm crying all over the place. This should not have happened so close to the finish. :(

Please check that my progress was on helios and retrieve it, please...
"

So yeah, from the email i sent team lava you can guess what happened to me just this morning. :( i can't even... No words. Just no words.

Support ticket #1007474. Great thing to happen on a weekend when nobody's working... :'(

It's funny that my exhausted dragons are still exhausted though.

Note: my game had actually reset one battle for me once, against goblin. But being thrown back to the very beginning when i was in round 27... Ouch. :(

igames4me
08-11-13, 06:22 PM
So yeah, from the email i sent team lava you can guess what happened to me just this morning. :( i can't even... No words. Just no words.

Support ticket #1007474. Great thing to happen on a weekend when nobody's working... :'(

It's funny that my exhausted dragons are still exhausted though.

Note: my game had actually reset one battle for me once, against goblin. But being thrown back to the very beginning when i was in round 27... Ouch. :(

I. Think you case is different scenario than most....... Since you transferred from ios to android then back to ios

I saw another poster post that if you trasnfred from ios to android and then back to ios your battles progress will reset( I was about to do the same.

I have also been asking with no answer if I were to transfer from ios to ios will I loose my progress

sunkalito
08-11-13, 06:29 PM
I. Think you case is different scenario than most....... Since you transferred from ios to android then back to ios

I saw another poster post that if you trasnfred from ios to android and then back to ios your battles progress will reset( I was about to do the same.

I have also been asking with no answer if I were to transfer from ios to ios will I loose my progress

Huh?? Where was that info?
I had a stupid problem too, and did not even think the game would not save my progress. Apparently my ipad had stopped working so it would have to be repaired, so I transferred because i had no other iOS device at hand. It seemed logical. ha. But then the iPad did start working (though it's acting funky...) so I transferred back. About 15 min later i went to battle and... Forest.
If only I'd waited, what , 20 minutes? Stupid.

sunkalito
08-11-13, 06:30 PM
If my ipad had needed to be repaired, i would have had to wait for about 6 hours for one of my brothers to come around with his iPhone, but i wanted to breed for medusa dragon again sooner...ugh, stupid medusa, stupid.

Sharkb8t
08-11-13, 07:49 PM
Mine reset too....I was on round 18/19 and lost, went back to try again and found my tournament reset to round 1

Ipod Touch version 5.1.1

ice age upgrade

08-11-13, 09:53 PM

I've seen a couple other players say this, but this is still a TL problem. I switched over to android to buy gold during the YY battle and everything was the same. Whether someone updated or not, or transferred or not, this tournament screwed a lot of players over.

I feel for the ones who had the reset happen tonight. Even if they played every match, it would be impossible to win with most dragons exhausted, especially if you have no gold to use.

sunkalito
08-11-13, 11:11 PM
I've seen a couple other players say this, but this is still a TL problem. I switched over to android to buy gold during the YY battle and everything was the same. Whether someone updated or not, or transferred or not, this tournament screwed a lot of players over.

I feel for the ones who had the reset happen tonight. Even if they played every match, it would be impossible to win with most dragons exhausted, especially if you have no gold to use.
It's great of you to tell me this sweetie. I honestly do think they should keep track of it in their servers no matter what. What if ihad just uninstalled or had managed to transfer to another iDevice? I feel like my progress would STILL be lost.
It's a really lousy feeling. :(
I'm fighting mask now (round 14). I did manage to progress some, but have lost about 4 times in total, and each time i've felt like throwing my hands down and just SCREAM. I tried to wake up in the middle of the night to fight, but only managed 3 battles (and i can't remember them properlyLOL).
I hate losing a battle when i had previously won it. And before, i might have thought i had just landed criticals the first time around, but not i see it's not quite like that. It's just... Kinda random. Hate it. :(

wintervale
08-12-13, 12:00 AM
I was on round 29/30 fighting the l20 diamond. I won, reward screen with x2 pearls screen came up. As soon as i clicked to close it, a small loading screen came up. Waited for an hour, tournament reset back to round 29. I restarted my device before trying the battle. Same thing, won the battle, reward of x2 pearl screen then the loading screen.

Still another 30 mins before I can do the battle, but it's bed time. Will email TL in the morning. I am on iPad2 running dragon story version 1.6.

sunkalito
08-12-13, 12:58 AM
Well, i just defeated samurai and got gold as reward again. At least not all's bad...nah, who am i kidding... Lol. -.-

chichimondo
08-12-13, 01:30 AM
I am on iPad OS 6.1.3 and DS 1.6. Finished level 17 of tournament before midnight. Came back 1 hour later and was back to level 1. Tried closing and restarting iPad, no change. No force close, no new downloaded apps, no setting changes. put in ticket but not happy.

sunkalito
08-12-13, 04:22 AM
Can't believe they won't respond to us. I can understand they may have loads of tickets but this ir urgent, we're completely missing our chance... :(

igames4me
08-12-13, 05:56 AM
to those wondering transfering from ios to ios doesn't reset your progress in battles ( so happy 18 hrs to do 6 battles)

chichimondo
08-12-13, 09:08 AM
OK, woke up this morning and I am again reset to level 1! How many times do I have to start over? I doubt they will fix this before the tournament is over and I have lost my chance at Phoenix. Going off to work.

sunkalito
08-12-13, 09:14 AM
OK, woke up this morning and I am again reset to level 1! How many times do I have to start over? I doubt they will fix this before the tournament is over and I have lost my chance at Phoenix. Going off to work.

Ouch... :( and yet again, silence. We don't even know if they aknowledged what's going on. They should fix this and allow the people who are stuck an extra day or two at least, or repeat the tournament for them, or do something - whatever it is - to compensate.

igames4me
08-12-13, 09:20 AM
teamlava should just give you guys the phoenix egg

cheesymice
08-12-13, 10:05 AM
I'm also reset to level one this morning. I had made it to the Helios dragon and it looked like I might actually get through all of the dragons to the end! Don't know that I'll bother with any future tournaments as it seems to just be a big waste of time.

sunkalito
08-12-13, 10:42 AM
Just spent 16 gold on night elf!! Saturn, rainbow and forestfire lost. Finally won with landworm. About 40 gold hammered in speeding this up. TL really needs to compensate me, especially considering i had already fought these battles!! :mad:

bejl
08-12-13, 10:44 AM
teamlava should just give you guys the phoenix egg

Ha ! Excellent idea ...

OlkaDragons
08-12-13, 12:08 PM
Won the tournament but did not get my dragon((( I feel so depressed about it

08-12-13, 12:10 PM
Won the tournament but did not get my dragon((( I feel so depressed about it

Send an email with the screenshot to support. They should be able and willing to help you reclaim your egg.

OlkaDragons
08-12-13, 12:26 PM
Send an email with the screenshot to support. They should be able and willing to help you reclaim your egg.

Yeah, it was very good idea to do screenshots before every battle and after winning last battle. So now I have arguments.
Hope that I will get my reward soon...

sunkalito
08-12-13, 01:06 PM
Yeah, it was very good idea to do screenshots before every battle and after winning last battle. So now I have arguments.
Hope that I will get my reward soon...

Good luck! I still hoped they might communicate with us today, but no such luck.

kms899
08-12-13, 01:32 PM
i'm sure if TL makes a wrong a decision, there is alot of angry people and lot of loss customers.

bejl
08-12-13, 01:39 PM
Well I give up on this tournament mess. Started the tourney again once I was reset to Lvl 1 from Lvl 17 just for fun. Fought back to the 11th battle and beat the Night dragon with a Dawntree. Checked on the reward in storage all is well ...went back to collect some coins and noticed the tournament was ready to play already (no hour wait). Back to lvl 1 again ! It really wouldn't bother me so much if TL would at least reply to the emails or post here just to let us know they care. I hardly expect them to be able to compensate anyone for their losses. Not even gonna mention the gold that has been wasted by so many testing this failed tournament once again. You also have to wonder how many people have experienced this major flaw in the game but don't post on the forums. Definitely would recommend keeping your credit card in your purse or wallet on this one until they iron out some stuff.

sunkalito
08-12-13, 03:23 PM
This is just shameful.

kms899
08-12-13, 03:42 PM
still no reply, shows how much they really care.:p

sunkalito
08-12-13, 03:44 PM
still no reply, shows how much they really care.:p

Indeed! if they said SOMETHING I would be a happy(ha!) camper. I'd like to know if TL even knows about resetting battles.

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/d0dc1916476af2338ad6a811c32b54e8_zps28fad934.jpg

cakeandpie
08-12-13, 05:33 PM
Yeah, it sure is strange they haven't said *anything.* It's a big issue.

I've gotten as far as Dark Angel, and if I had the 36 hours and 24 dragons back that were wasted on Crusader Two, I would've had a very realistc shot and winning the tournament. :(

sunkalito
08-12-13, 06:19 PM
Yeah, it sure is strange they haven't said *anything.* It's a big issue.

I've gotten as far as Dark Angel, and if I had the 36 hours and 24 dragons back that were wasted on Crusader Two, I would've had a very realistc shot and winning the tournament. :(

Same here. I've spent a LOT of gold, about 200 (that's an imense ammount for me!!) ****ing off these stupid blasted diamonds in the final rounds.

dragoneer10
08-12-13, 07:45 PM
Playing on iPod updated to 1.6. Had made it to round 23 with all my dragons healthy and 4 days left in the tourney. It stinks cuz I have over 600 gold and could have easily won when mine reset to level 1

ElysianFieldz
08-13-13, 03:55 AM
I'm on the iPhone 4S ver 1.6. Black screen for several hours - didn't reset but no longer had time to finish tourney. I was on goblin. Think that's lvl 22 & at time screen went black I had more than enough time to finish. I also wasted golds 😔😤. More mad at myself for doing that, but not real chuffed I lost them to an lost (now) cause. Sent email to support

uvagrape
08-13-13, 08:14 AM
They probly care a lot but the're human just like u they can't do or fix every little reseting problem (scornful look)

bejl
08-13-13, 10:37 AM
They probly care a lot but the're human just like u they can't do or fix every little reseting problem (scornful look)

Only takes about 30 secs to simple say "we are aware of the problem and are looking in to why this occurred and prevent it in the future". <angry stare back at ya>

kooky panda
08-14-13, 04:58 AM
Update on this issue:

Congrats to everyone who was able to complete the Tournament! It looks like some of your Tournaments wanted to be a Phoenix and were reborn at level 1. Sorry!

We're already looking into these reports of resetting to level 1 or resetting to a previous level. Thanks for everyone's patience! :)

DarkAther
08-15-13, 04:52 PM
So did I. Playing on I phone 3. It reset on me around level 20. Didn't have time to make it through.

cheesymice
08-16-13, 03:07 PM
Finally got an answer from TL. They said it was probably a "sync error" that caused my game to reset to an earlier save. Uh, then why did every other part of my game and all the gold and Leviathan pearls I'd earn not get reset? I'd been playing for days without a problem. I didn't spend any real money on the tournament but I did spend real time on it. No more tournaments for me, thanks.

08-16-13, 05:06 PM
I emailed support again today and told them what happened a second time and was told it was a known issue.

I replied and asked them could I please get a refund, because it was not my fault a reset and delay happened. I got an email back a couple hours later and they did it! They gave me back my gold.

So email them folks! If they give a quiet response, email them again and ask if you could please get a refund!

Good luck everyone!

kms899
08-18-13, 04:26 AM
Still no response even with a second email.

cakeandpie
08-18-13, 12:59 PM
But what if we didn't spend gold and just didn't get to complete it? I didn't spend gold because I would have had to use ultimate 2-3 times to get through, and knowing TL's policies of NOT refunding gold that players spend, I was sure they wouldn't refund, so I didn't use it. Am I just out of luck!? It makes me so mad to think that TL would not do anything for those of us who experienced this!

I got one follow-up email that asked for details of my situation and device, but nothing since.