PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Overview: Introduction to the Arctic Isles! [iOS]

Pages : 1 2 3 4 5 [6]

walhalladragon
11-06-13, 05:01 PM
What do I breed to get the winter dragon? I'm sure it is somewhere in these 126 pages but I need it to breed to get the ice and I have no idea what to breed to get it. Can anyone help me?

doop01
11-06-13, 05:16 PM
So I've just gone to the arctic isles. My breed time has gone from 8hrs down to 4, but my crucible and silo still holds the same amounts. Anyone else have this happy news??? :D

mjauuuu
11-06-13, 05:41 PM
What do I breed to get the winter dragon? I'm sure it is somewhere in these 126 pages but I need it to breed to get the ice and I have no idea what to breed to get it. Can anyone help me?

Winter you get by breeding your Light dragon together with your Water dragon. You should see a 12 hour timer if it's the correct dragon. When you've got your Winter you breed that with a purple color dragon to get a chance at the Ice Age dragon. Good luck!

mjauuuu
11-06-13, 05:46 PM
So I've just gone to the arctic isles. My breed time has gone from 8hrs down to 4, but my crucible and silo still holds the same amounts. Anyone else have this happy news??? :D

Yes! I just noticed the same thing. But no good news for me though since there's still no increase in habitats which means I'm still stuck!!

ascherb
11-06-13, 07:03 PM
I noticed it too! Breed time went from 12 to 4 hours for me. I still have a hard time getting some of the newer arctic dragons. I have bred so many abomibles, and sold them... No whale, no penguin,... Very expensive to feed them all

mrarfan
11-06-13, 08:13 PM
I noticed it too! Breed time went from 12 to 4 hours for me. I still have a hard time getting some of the newer arctic dragons. I have bred so many abomibles, and sold them... No whale, no penguin,... Very expensive to feed them all

Yeah me too! Now it's 4Hrs! Yay! Now I will breed more often here! :p

doop01
11-06-13, 08:19 PM
Yeah me too! Now it's 4Hrs! Yay! Now I will breed more often here! :p
Yes! Good news :)
Now we just need another update here! :D

mrarfan
11-07-13, 01:17 AM
Yes! Good news :)
Now we just need another update here! :D

What features do you want them to add in the Arctic?
I just upgraded my Silo for 100 Gold! I have faith that my Treasures will give me LOTS of SHINY gold everyday lol :D

sheardear
11-07-13, 05:18 AM

Yes just discovered this my breed times were 12 hours so really pleased that they have been reduced to 4 hours

mommeeof4
11-07-13, 12:26 PM
Yes just discovered this my breed times were 12 hours so really pleased that they have been reduced to 4 hours

Same here. Now I just wish I would get a gem sale offer. Been playing since March and not one single offer...

shambalaya
11-09-13, 04:44 AM
Yay, I also have 4 hours now! I had 12 before and it was really tedious to breed anything. Soooo happy about this ��

cakequeen33
12-10-13, 03:56 AM
Android availability?

danni7788
12-17-13, 06:26 PM
I have had such a hard time breeding new arctic dragons!!! Specifically, penguin, polar, and ****er whale. So I've been breeding ice crown and snowflake hoping for one of them. Since I started doing this months ago, I've gotten ANOTHER ice crown AND a snow angel! I'm excited about the snow angel, but seriously? 2 ultra rare dragons and I still can't get polar, penguin, or ****er whale. Maybe I should just do snowflake/blizzard and see where that gets me for awhile? Any suggestions?

Thatepickid19
03-23-14, 02:38 PM
I have bred an ice age dragon but Freza never opened up to take the egg to the Artic Isles. Now I have a dragon I want to keep but it is stuck in the nest. What do I need to do?

kooky panda
03-24-14, 10:56 AM
I have bred an ice age dragon but Freza never opened up to take the egg to the Artic Isles. Now I have a dragon I want to keep but it is stuck in the nest. What do I need to do?
You have an ice age dragon in your nest on your regular island?

Do you still have the goal?

Have you tried starting your device?

Do you have the blue button at the bottom of your screen that says travel? If so hit that button to go to the artic isle.

Thatepickid19
03-25-14, 07:22 AM
You have an ice age dragon in your nest on your regular island?

Do you still have the goal?

Have you tried starting your device?

Do you have the blue button at the bottom of your screen that says travel? If so hit that button to go to the artic isle.

Yes, I did have one in my nest on the regular island, but I sold it because I had another egg to place in the nest. Once I sold the egg, it stated that I had completed the goal. I have turned my device on/off, reset notifications on my phone and it doesn't matter what I do, it still will not take me to the Arctic Isles. Yes I have the blue button at the bottom of the screen that says travel, but when I click on it, all it does is takes me to the place where it says to either buy or breed an ice age dragon.

Here is a screenshot:

kooky panda
03-25-14, 08:37 AM
It has been a while since I did this, but I think you have to breed another one. Since you sold off your first one.
What happens when you hit the breed button?

Thatepickid19
03-25-14, 09:47 AM
It has been a while since I did this, but I think you have to breed another one. Since you sold off your first one.
What happens when you hit the breed button?

It takes me to the breeding den. Right now I am using it, plus I have a stone dragon egg waiting for a habitat, but I have to make room first. It's getting really full in here.

kooky panda
03-25-14, 10:00 AM
I would say to try breeding another one when your den is free.

Thatepickid19
03-25-14, 10:56 AM
I have one breeding now. Thanks and I hope this works. I went ahead and sold the stone dragon for now so i could get to breeding another ice age dragon.

kooky panda
03-25-14, 11:38 AM
I have one breeding now. Thanks and I hope this works. I went ahead and sold the stone dragon for now so i could get to breeding another ice age dragon.
Okay I read post 1 again and I think since you sold you first one, that is why you could not continue.

As per post 1- Once the breeding has finished, you'll be prompted by Freza (a new character!) to jump aboard the Arctic Airship to take the frozen egg to the new world for incubation! Breeding an Ice Age dragon isn't too tough, just combine a purple colored dragon with a Winter Dragon and see what happens!

Thatepickid19
03-25-14, 12:49 PM
Okay I read post 1 again and I think since you sold you first one, that is why you could not continue.

As per post 1- Once the breeding has finished, you'll be prompted by Freza (a new character!) to jump aboard the Arctic Airship to take the frozen egg to the new world for incubation! Breeding an Ice Age dragon isn't too tough, just combine a purple colored dragon with a Winter Dragon and see what happens!

The one that I sold did finish breeding, but the egg went straight to the nest on the regular island. Freza did not show up.

Thatepickid19
03-26-14, 11:41 AM
It worked!!! ;) Thank you so much for helping me out!

kooky panda
03-26-14, 02:20 PM
Yeah!! Now you have a lot of work to do on the new island!!

rwena
04-02-14, 03:23 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when visiting neighbors form your arctic isle, that you can zoom out really far on their island? But when you return to the warmer isle again and visit it doesnt let you anymore? I wish it would let us zoom out like that on our own islands! Just thought it was weird, and neat. Especially visiting neighbors with tons of awesome dragons looking for the ones to play with:D

That is an awesome piece of information that I just caught up with. Thanks Lunarbunny!

hugpete
05-28-14, 11:08 AM
I've basically been using my Arctic Isle as a coin producer (800 net / 4 hours from breeding) but decided to try to get all the Abominable dragons (already had the Ice type). Finally got ****erwhale yesterday, and the Blizzard habitat is way too expensive, so I decided to crunch the numbers on unlocking Glacius.

Assuming you can breed the 9 needed dragons in only 9 breeds (impossible if you ask me!), buy 2 habitats each for Ice and Abominable, and feed all the dragons (2 common, 4 rare, 3 super rare) with 10 second crops, the cost to unlock Glacius is more than 79 MILLION coins.

Yowza.

jacobtoddsmom
06-06-14, 08:10 AM
How do I hatch my egg is ARTIC ISLES? It calls for 375 flames and I had to buy a second nest for 250 gold as to not hold up my game. Currently my fire crucible can only hold 20 with the option to upgrade to 50 for 300,000 coins. Please help me know what steps I need to take to hatch this new egg thanks!

hugpete
06-06-14, 04:18 PM
How do I hatch my egg is ARTIC ISLES? It calls for 375 flames and I had to buy a second nest for 250 gold as to not hold up my game. Currently my fire crucible can only hold 20 with the option to upgrade to 50 for 300,000 coins. Please help me know what steps I need to take to hatch this new egg thanks!

You have to collect Ancient Oil and/or Flammable Fur (and/or whatever the Blustering Blizzard habitat gives you [I don't have one]) in your Frozen Silo, and then craft Mystic Flames to hatch the egg. The egg you have needs 375 Mystic Flames, which means it's probably an Icicle Dragon...and that it will likely take you awhile to craft all the flames. Good luck!

jacobtoddsmom
06-06-14, 04:35 PM
Thanks! I figured out I need at least 25 mystic flames at a time to warm it once. I just got Artic Isles yesterday so I am only able to craft 4 at a time. I have the fire crucible fully upgraded so now it's a crafting and waiting game. :)

hugpete
06-10-14, 10:51 AM
Thanks! I figured out I need at least 25 mystic flames at a time to warm it once. I just got Artic Isles yesterday so I am only able to craft 4 at a time. I have the fire crucible fully upgraded so now it's a crafting and waiting game. :)

You just got the Arctic Isles and you already bred a diamond hybrid! Dang. Luck is on your side. :)

amerirish
10-07-14, 12:05 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know what's up with the mine shaft on the very bottom island of the Arctic Isles? I just started expanding there yesterday as I only just noticed it sitting there. Does it do anything like the mine on the main island?

Carbuck
10-09-14, 10:30 PM
Sorry if this has been asked already, but does anyone know what's up with the mine shaft on the very bottom island of the Arctic Isles? I just started expanding there yesterday as I only just noticed it sitting there. Does it do anything like the mine on the main island?

I was wondering about that myself. Have you awakened Glacius yet? it is beautuful and my favorite color.

julie286
10-29-14, 04:23 AM
Can someone help, doesn't matter what I breed I can now only get ice age dragon, tried so many different recommended combinations but still only ice age......is this a fault?

LonePudding
11-02-14, 03:57 AM
Can someone help, doesn't matter what I breed I can now only get ice age dragon, tried so many different recommended combinations but still only ice age......is this a fault?

try breeding ice age and fuzzy if you have it.

kooky panda
11-02-14, 10:08 AM
Breeding an Ice Age dragon isn't too tough, just combine a purple colored dragon with a Winter Dragon and see what happens!

06hunter
05-16-15, 11:44 PM
Finally got ****erwhale! Now all I need is Icicle & Ice Crown.

awsumum
05-17-15, 12:17 PM
Congratulations! :) good luck for the last two!

MaribouMay
05-17-15, 12:44 PM
Finally got ****erwhale! Now all I need is Icicle & Ice Crown.

Congratulations!

I got Icicle recently and now am trying for my last Arctic dragon, Ice Crown. That one has been tough for me. Been trying off and on (mostly on) for 3-4 months. Hope your luck is better than mine!

JMThrive
05-17-15, 03:29 PM
Will they ever release Arctic for Android players????

MaribouMay
05-18-15, 09:44 AM
Will they ever release Arctic for Android players????

My guess is that it is not a high priority. The Arctic Isle is not that interesting really. I do it because I have more coins than I can spend and I have a fully expanded main isle. It is much more expensive coin-wise than the main isle and pretty limited. I think it was an idea that did a bit of a belly flop as they haven't added any new features or dragons since the beginning.

LonePudding
05-18-15, 09:58 AM
I think I only have IceCrown left to get, but I abandoned the arctic isles after buying that VERY expensive gold habitat. I've now saved up 32 million coins so I guess I can spend it all on getting those greedy arctic dragons to epic! :D

deadpixel
05-19-15, 09:13 AM

Nope. It does absolutely nothing.

And by the way, don't bother clearing out the entire arctic isle cause there aren't enough interesting decorations available for purchase to cover up the bare ground once you're done. I was bored and made that mistake.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
06-26-15, 06:53 PM
Who knows what is this?

Looks like another mining place lol

cocauina
06-27-15, 05:41 AM
Who knows what is this?

Looks like another mining place lol

Just decor, that has been there since the beginning.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
06-27-15, 01:56 PM
Just decor, that has been there since the beginning.
Ahh ok, I was finding this suspicious...

luna2cute
06-29-15, 09:18 PM
I tried for penguin for weeks and gave up. Arctic isles is driving me insane!!!

Kennedward
06-30-15, 06:53 AM
I tried for penguin for weeks and gave up. Arctic isles is driving me insane!!!

It can take quite some time, but I managed to finish collecting all arctic dragons about 1 to 2 years ago

babytweeties
01-20-16, 08:51 PM
Is there any other way to get the iceage.dragon I have tried and tried and tried all my purple and winter and nothing?

emersonestates
05-18-16, 08:58 PM
HELP! I have bred Winter & purple at least 50 times to no avail. Winter is level 11. Do I just keep trying?

kooky panda
05-19-16, 08:43 AM
HELP! I have bred Winter & purple at least 50 times to no avail. Winter is level 11. Do I just keep trying?

Are you at least level 35?
Playing on an iOS device?

audrey0523
05-24-16, 03:45 PM
Two questions about Arctic Isle. First, I am at level 90 but cannot buy anymore habitats. I have two of each for a total of 6. Do I need to expand more or level up more in order to buy more habitats? Second, for some reason I have a Hermes in my Arctic Isle that says it is evolving but when I click on it it doesn't do anything. It also shows up in my regular dragon land but also says it is evolving. When I click on it in Dragon land, it takes me to Arctic Isle? It won't let me delete or sell it. It is taking up space in one of my habitats and I don't want it there. Any suggestions? Thank you!

kooky panda
05-24-16, 06:12 PM
Two questions about Arctic Isle. First, I am at level 90 but cannot buy anymore habitats. I have two of each for a total of 6. Do I need to expand more or level up more in order to buy more habitats? Second, for some reason I have a Hermes in my Arctic Isle that says it is evolving but when I click on it it doesn't do anything. It also shows up in my regular dragon land but also says it is evolving. When I click on it in Dragon land, it takes me to Arctic Isle? It won't let me delete or sell it. It is taking up space in one of my habitats and I don't want it there. Any suggestions? Thank you!

You are at the max for habitats.

For Herme on your arctic island: If you have a dragon stable try this:

Store the Dragon (the one that's duped on Arctic Isles) from the main island in Stable.
* Visit Arctic Isles, duplicate pet is now gone. Tap habitat where it used to be.
* Game will crash...
* Reopen and Dragon on main island is free now and there is no more Dragon on Arctic Isles.

If that does not work, please send an email to support@storm8.com for assistance.

LadyDragonReign777
06-01-16, 10:12 AM
I'm am lv101 still haven't unlocked artic isle is this still achieveable???

kooky panda
06-01-16, 10:41 AM
I'm am lv101 still haven't unlocked artic isle is this still achieveable???
It is still available but for iOS only. It is currently not available for android devices.

goodbrothersjohnandjohn
06-01-16, 10:54 AM
Are they going to continue working on the Arctic Isles? Possibly if TL concentrates only on this enough, we might have a break in the Dragon Isles. (read http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?91854-Suggestions-and-Reflections-(Originally-started-2-3-months-ago)&goto=newpost post #3) And no new content and/or features has been added since October 2014, so will there be new stuff sometime?

LadyDragonReign777
06-01-16, 03:25 PM
It is still available but for iOS only. It is currently not available for android devices.

Well that explains it. Thanks for that!

GrandV123
06-13-16, 04:24 PM
How do I select one of my Arctic dragons in the battle arena? They don't appear on the list.

kooky panda
06-13-16, 06:03 PM
How do I select one of my Arctic dragons in the battle arena? They don't appear on the list.

I am sorry but the arctic dragons are not available for Battles.

GrandV123
06-13-16, 07:42 PM
Then how do I battle against one? Every one I try fails, even ultras. This isn't too fair to list them in the spreadsheets then not have them available for usage. Even worse is S8 putting them on the practice field.

kooky panda
06-14-16, 08:00 AM
Then how do I battle against one? Every one I try fails, even ultras. This isn't too fair to list them in the spreadsheets then not have them available for usage. Even worse is S8 putting them on the practice field.
They can be beaten! I usually beat them with a diamond type dragon.
You can post on the Master Battle thread to get more help from other players.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?68069-Master-Battle-Thread-Part-III&highlight=master+battle+thread

anthony0221
11-27-16, 07:49 PM
What happens in the mining area of the Artic Isles

kooky panda
11-28-16, 11:50 AM
What happens in the mining area of the Artic Isles
There is no mining feature available on the artic Isle.

defalco887
12-26-16, 08:35 PM
Is this ever going to come to Android?

Neilisha
05-29-18, 06:55 AM
Can I breed ice age on android

Forestyne
07-02-22, 11:05 AM
I have tried innumerable times to breed arctic dragons only to achieve a meteor or ice age, over and over again. This is sooooo discouraging! Been playing Dragon Story for nearly 10 yrs, have be*** the arctic section slowly, until more recently. I have tried to breed a blizzard dragon, by following instuctions in the album...over and over. There has to be something wrong with this, just spinning my wheels..any suggestions?