PDA

View Full Version : Expansion Overview: Introduction to the Arctic Isles! [iOS]

Pages : 1 2 [3] 4 5 6

Oliver118
08-12-13, 12:49 AM
I'm so sorry, I've been on vacation, I had internet at my hotel, but forgot to bring my computer along. I have not yet updated my Dragon story, but will do so today! I hope I can awaken Glacius from his slumber...

Oliver118
08-12-13, 12:50 AM
Thanks for the info!! :)
So far we have (correct me if wrong) :

Ice age = Purple x winter
Meteor = ice age x firestorm
Abominable = ice age x fuzzy
Sasquatch = ice age x abominable
Fossil = ice age x meteor
Blizzard = abominable x Fossil
Snowflake = blizzard x ice
Yeti = abominable x Sasquatch

How do you get Ice dragon?

eboats
08-12-13, 02:06 AM
Whole thing is a crock

nilni
08-12-13, 02:10 AM
How do you get Ice dragon?
Winter x Magic

Spiceshirl
08-12-13, 02:23 AM
Hello can someone tell me how many flames for Alpine? I am really tired of seeing 230flames which only turns out onto a blizzard. Right now I have 430 flames but I think that's a snowflake! Thanks!!!

Spiceshirl
08-12-13, 02:33 AM
Hello can a moderator get this message to your developers that Glacius needs to give something back for growing all his babies!!!! I want him to rain down coins on my Arctic isle by the bucket full. Since I have spent a whopping 20 million on there so far!! He needs to give back!!!!!

Ali3315
08-12-13, 02:41 AM
same problem here for many days and still no answer...I've emailed support team also...I would like somebody to fix this problem or at least an answer from team lava...I can't play on new isle since the update...

This. 3 days since I emailed and no reply, and it sounds like no one is getting any answers. So annoyed. I wish I could be complaining about the prices with everyone else, but instead, I have a Firestorm and Ice Age stuck in my breeding den because both my original nest and the extra one I purchased to try to fix the issue are sat with eggs in them I can't hatch.

C'mon TL, let's get it sorted out please? Can't someone at the very least give us some reassurance that you ARE working on it and we're not just being completely ignored? -.-

WhiteRhino1
08-12-13, 03:17 AM
This. 3 days since I emailed and no reply, and it sounds like no one is getting any answers. So annoyed. I wish I could be complaining about the prices with everyone else, but instead, I have a Firestorm and Ice Age stuck in my breeding den because both my original nest and the extra one I purchased to try to fix the issue are sat with eggs in them I can't hatch.

C'mon TL, let's get it sorted out please? Can't someone at the very least give us some reassurance that you ARE working on it and we're not just being completely ignored? -.-

This has happened to me too! Can someone at least let us know if you're looking into it???

celiadean
08-12-13, 03:24 AM
Have the flame amounts increased? I just got an egg that requires 234 flames, anyone have an idea what it could be? I bred Ice & Blizzard. Thanks

Ali3315
08-12-13, 04:22 AM
This has happened to me too! Can someone at least let us know if you're looking into it???

I also seem to have issues with the Fire Crucible and Silo. Have you had the same problem? It doesn't display my stored items and nothing happens if I press upgrade. I'm maxed out at 10 flames and can't craft more.

kolakid
08-12-13, 04:37 AM
Have the flame amounts increased? I just got an egg that requires 234 flames, anyone have an idea what it could be? I bred Ice & Blizzard. Thanks

snowflake but no flame increase....be careful how u heat as in my game its 18 flames a go....uneven number so got stuck when saving & lost loads of items as Crucible holds such small amount....thus taking extra long to complete

WhiteRhino1
08-12-13, 05:42 AM
I also seem to have issues with the Fire Crucible and Silo. Have you had the same problem? It doesn't display my stored items and nothing happens if I press upgrade. I'm maxed out at 10 flames and can't craft more.

Same here can't do anything with them too. All I can do is expand & grow food as the egg is stuck in the nest which means the dragons are stuck in the breeding den. I know other people have got this problem too!

lunarbunny
08-12-13, 06:58 AM
Wish I wouldve gotten lucky with the silo and cruicible:( I have the 8 hr times 16 gold to speed up. My first upgrades for coins got me 25 flame capacity and 250 part capacity. Both are upgradable for 100 gold to get 100 flame capacity and 2000 part capacity. So is this worth it? I mean I have around 450 gold but i was saving it for a gold habitat:D Others said theyre coin upgrades got them 50 flames and 500 parts. The breeding times, storage capacity, and cost to upgrade must be correlated! Anyone make a chart yet lol?

teogionia
08-12-13, 07:15 AM
Same with me too, quest is asking me to buy golden egg, buy button delivers me to the market and opens dragon sector, when i try to hatch my frozen egg, message apears saying I dont have a habitat for this kind of dragon, if I try to sell it, game shuts.
One thing is very interesting when ice age egg was ready to place I was asked to deliver it to the Arctic Isles when i got there one ice Age dragon was already in the habitat, How that had happened? Is it possible reason for my problems? Shouldnot i have hatched egg I was carring first?

lunarbunny
08-12-13, 07:25 AM
Same with me too, quest is asking me to buy golden egg, buy button delivers me to the market and opens dragon sector, when i try to hatch my frozen egg, message apears saying I dont have a habitat for this kind of dragon, if I try to sell it, game shuts.
One thing is very interesting when ice age egg was ready to place I was asked to deliver it to the Arctic Isles when i got there one ice Age dragon was already in the habitat, How that had happened? Is it possible reason for my problems? Shouldnot i have hatched egg I was carring first?

No, I had the same thing when I took my ice age to the arctic isles there was already another ice age in a habitat. Its meant to be that way, and I havent had any problems hatching eggs or crafting flames or problems with tournament. I guess I got lucky and feel kinda bad when so many players had theirs reset and they isles not working:(

funkd
08-12-13, 08:42 AM
Have we figured out what that little cave is on the wall of the lower island?

WhiteRhino1
08-12-13, 08:47 AM

Mine did the same when I went to the isles there was already a ice dragon in the habitat & can't do anything with the ice egg. (I made the flames before putting ice dragon in the breeding den... Doesn't help the frozen egg.) If I try to sell the egg it shuts down.

Spiceshirl
08-12-13, 08:52 AM
Has anyone gotten Alpine? I have been trying and only getting blizzard!! What was your combo and how many flames to warm the egg please thanks?

mamareader02
08-12-13, 09:29 AM
Do we have more than one positive confirmation that diamond/snowflake is alpine?

Ali3315
08-12-13, 09:52 AM
Mine did the same when I went to the isles there was already a ice dragon in the habitat & can't do anything with the ice egg. (I made the flames before putting ice dragon in the breeding den... Doesn't help the frozen egg.) If I try to sell the egg it shuts down.

I've still not had any response from the support team. I've also private messaged JakeStorm8 and PonyRoar but the messages haven't been read yet. Getting so frustrating. Feel so *****ed.. I've spent more than my fair share of real money on the game, I feel like the least TL could do is listen to their loyal customers. I feel for the android users who have even more to complain about!

gin0531
08-12-13, 10:04 AM
Wow this update is worthless in so many ways

I agree. I have only been back twice to collect the few flames the two dragons there have produced. I don't want to spend what it costs to plant/grow food to even evolve the two of them to breed.

gin0531
08-12-13, 10:04 AM
I was really hoping for more islands in the original "realm".

NouraMoh
08-12-13, 10:19 AM
Omg me too!!!
I was so happy with the idea of a "new island" coming our way thinking its on our main original islands. Everybody was so excited about it being "epic" "awesome" but all I saw is a dark cold cave where nobody can find you!

I want THAT right here in the sun where everything is so bright, green and fresh!

MikeyIsle
08-12-13, 10:50 AM
This has probably been addressed before, but I can't find it..... I have 10 dragon eggs in storage on my main screen. When I press it, I get a message that its for craftables. When I go to the craft shop, no eggs. What's going on, and what is the purpose of these eggs? They're a plain brown color.

dw9893
08-12-13, 11:01 AM
Wow this update is worthless in so many ways

SO TRUE - quite LAME

dw9893
08-12-13, 11:02 AM
Have we figured out what that little cave is on the wall of the lower island?

It is nothing, just decoration. It serves no other function in the game... however thats not to say they dont have something planned for it later.

angellahg
08-12-13, 11:02 AM
This has probably been addressed before, but I can't find it..... I have 10 dragon eggs in storage on my main screen. When I press it, I get a message that its for craftables. When I go to the craft shop, no eggs. What's going on, and what is the purpose of these eggs? They're a plain brown color.
I noticed this today too but no idea what they are for

danni7788
08-12-13, 11:03 AM
I noticed this today too but no idea what they are for

They were for some goal in the past that we had to get them from neighbors. It is being looked into... We might need them in the future, maybe that's why they are keeping them there.

dw9893
08-12-13, 11:04 AM
Do we have more than one positive confirmation that diamond/snowflake is alpine?

Negative... the two combinations from trustworthy sources confirmed to me that it was either snowflake/diamond or snowflake/snowflake

My attempts

67 - Snowflake/Diamond
52 - Snowflake/Snowflake

ALL resulted in Snowflake

So... its TL's sad breeding percentages.

krakatit
08-12-13, 11:11 AM
It is nothing, just decoration. It serves no other function in the game... however thats not to say they dont have something planned for it later.
I have a new goal in my Arctic Island, it says dragon cave! So maybe there is a connection!

cardinalpsy37
08-12-13, 11:15 AM
The new Cave Dragon. Got it with meteor and Ice age. Hope the picture uploads.

krakatit
08-12-13, 11:16 AM
Actually it says: Have 1 Cave Dragon ... with the subtitle ... How do we breed this? Description is - cave Dragons will seldom approach Caretakers, so don't feel bad. They keep their own company. In the album it appears as part of the Ice Age Alcove and it is Super Rare. So they are planning smth with that cave or it is a coincidence. Not!!!

penqueen2
08-12-13, 11:17 AM
There is a New Cave dragon at the Ice Island, be careful about the speed up gold, 60 for me

Spiceshirl
08-12-13, 11:31 AM
I breed ice age and meteor and it says 8hrs or 100 gold to speed up!!!! What could it be?

WhiteRhino1
08-12-13, 11:56 AM
I've still not had any response from the support team. I've also private messaged JakeStorm8 and PonyRoar but the messages haven't been read yet. Getting so frustrating. Feel so *****ed.. I've spent more than my fair share of real money on the game, I feel like the least TL could do is listen to their loyal customers. I feel for the android users who have even more to complain about!

Let us know if you hear anything. TL should at least let us know if they're looking into it.... I breed the ice dragon 1st time... Then literally left for days with an ice egg! lol

Ali3315
08-12-13, 11:59 AM
Let us know if you hear anything. TL should at least let us know if they're looking into it.... I breed the ice dragon 1st time... Then literally left for days with an ice egg! lol

Because PonyRoar is a legend, TL support has now replied. They say they're having trouble recreating the problem on their end so I've just sent them a ton of screenshots as requested. Will keep you updated. Will send them a link to here so they can maybe look into it on the other people's bugged accounts. :)

WhiteRhino1
08-12-13, 12:02 PM
Because PonyRoar is a legend, TL support has now replied. They say they're having trouble recreating the problem on their end so I've just sent them a ton of screenshots as requested. Will keep you updated. Will send them a link to here so they can maybe look into it on the other people's bugged accounts. :)

Thanks, at least it's something :)

Ali3315
08-12-13, 12:07 PM
Thanks, at least it's something :)

Out of interest, what device are you playing on? I'm on an old iPhone 3GS, I wondered if maybe that was why mine bugged? Either that or Dragon Story hates me. xD

WhiteRhino1
08-12-13, 12:30 PM
Out of interest, what device are you playing on? I'm on an old iPhone 3GS, I wondered if maybe that was why mine bugged? Either that or Dragon Story hates me. xD

I'm on iPod touch, so can't be an iPhone thing.

[S8] Elsa
08-12-13, 12:43 PM
I'm on iPod touch, so can't be an iPhone thing.

Please update to iOS 6.0 or higher. My theory is this might be an OS version issue.

angellahg
08-12-13, 12:46 PM
I breed ice age and meteor and it says 8hrs or 100 gold to speed up!!!! What could it be?

Please let us know what it is.

angellahg
08-12-13, 12:48 PM
Please update to iOS 6.0 or higher. My theory is this might be an OS version issue.

I had read somewhere not to update to iOS 7 because TL games won't support it. Is that still the case?

angellahg
08-12-13, 12:56 PM
Omg I put meteor and ice age in the den trying for cave dragon, it says 8hrs or 100 gold!!!!!!! Can someone help me I think my game is playing up!
Sounds like the cave dragon but idk for sure since i havent gotten it yet

kooky panda
08-12-13, 12:59 PM
I had read somewhere not to update to iOS 7 because TL games won't support it. Is that still the case?
Correct. IOS7 has not been officially released yet.
DO NOT UPDATE TO iOS 7! (http://forum.storm8.com/showthread.php?53716-DO-NOT-UPDATE-TO-iOS-7!)

sand
08-12-13, 01:08 PM
Omg me too!!!
I was so happy with the idea of a "new island" coming our way thinking its on our main original islands. Everybody was so excited about it being "epic" "awesome" but all I saw is a dark cold cave where nobody can find you!

I want THAT right here in the sun where everything is so bright, green and fresh!

"A dark cold cave where nobody can find you!"
LOL - That's precisely it! They knew that players with millions of coins and a treasury of gold bars would rush over to the Artic Isles and unload their wealth before they realized that the only way to share it would be to take screen shots and post them on forums etc.
This isolated playpen was invented to keep spendy players preoccupied, knowing they will buy more gold when they become bored or frustrated.
But cheer up, my busy little snow bunnies. It could be worse. You could be stuck there, unable to return to the green isles, spending the rest of your days crafting whatnots and manually warming up eggs.

didgeridork
08-12-13, 01:20 PM
is there a page # in this thread that has a list of all the ice related dragons along with their breed combos and eternal flame amounts?

i've gone through so many of these pages but can't seem to find a single updated list to help me out :(

teogionia
08-12-13, 01:28 PM
I am using Iphone 4 but my version is not updated, that can be issue, what about u?

[S8] Elsa
08-12-13, 01:30 PM

By 6.0 or higher, I meant up to 6.1.3.

Please let us know if updating your OS resolves the issue.

kooky panda
08-12-13, 01:31 PM
is there a page # in this thread that has a list of all the ice related dragons along with their breed combos and eternal flame amounts?

i've gone through so many of these pages but can't seem to find a single updated list to help me out :(
Here are some threads
Ice Age Type Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56829-Ice-Age-Type-Dragons)

Blizzard Type Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56830-Blizzard-Type-Dragons)

Abominable Type Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56831-Abominable-Type-Dragons)

jackie2006
08-12-13, 01:48 PM
ice age x firestorm = Meteor ?????

I breed 3 times ice age and firestorm 12hrs /gold speed up 12 hrs. got ice ages all three times
other time. got 8hrs /16 hrs speed up. also got ice age.

2 habitats are full of ice age. where is Meteor?

kwhales
08-12-13, 02:25 PM
I bred abominable and ice age and got Yeti???? Wasn't expecting him.

kwhales
08-12-13, 02:29 PM
Here are some threads
Ice Age Type Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56829-Ice-Age-Type-Dragons)

Blizzard Type Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56830-Blizzard-Type-Dragons)

Abominable Type Dragons (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56831-Abominable-Type-Dragons)

Kooky, can you put these links on the first page? and can we add to these linked pages - posts. I'd like to write that i got yeti with abominable and ice age.

awsumum
08-12-13, 02:54 PM
Originally Posted by enoch4
Yes, it was alpine!! So these are my records (all the dragons took 12 hours in the alpine den, some took more than one try, especially yeti and alpine):

Ice age = purple x winter - 3 flames - 1 min evolution
Meteor = ice age x firestorm - 6 flames - 4 hrs evolution
Fossil = ice age x meteor - 24 flames - 4 hrs evolution
Abominable = ice age x fuzzy - 32 flames - 8 hrs evolution
Sasquatch = ice age x abominable - 60 flames - 8 hrs evolution
Yeti = abominable x sasquatch - 60 flames (?) - 8 hrs evolution
Blizzard = abominable x fossil - 70 flames - 12 hrs evolution
Snowflake = blizzard x ice - 144 flames - 12 hrs evolution
Alpine = diamond x snowflake - 160 flames - 12 hrs evolution
Well done!! I'm very happy for you

I've tried snowflake/diamond about three times (bank account is overdrawn now!) but got nothing but 140 speed ups! Phew, I'm done for tonight, best of luck to everyone! I'll try again tomorrow

heyowomo
08-12-13, 03:00 PM
Has anyone noticed CAVE dragon in there market? Is this a glitch or what cuz I don't think it has come out yet has it? It was in my friends market but not mine

katbtodd
08-12-13, 03:02 PM
Has anyone noticed CAVE dragon in there market? Is this a glitch or what cuz I don't think it has come out yet has it? It was in my friends market but not mine

I have cave in mine too

cardinalpsy37
08-12-13, 03:11 PM
I managed to get both Alpine with snowflake and blizzard.

Ali3315
08-12-13, 04:34 PM

You are my hero. ^.^ Success! Works fine after updating to latest iOS. :D Thank you thank you!

mamareader02
08-12-13, 05:20 PM
I managed to get both Alpine with snowflake and blizzard.

Trying that combo,thanks for posting!

kooky panda
08-12-13, 06:44 PM
Kooky, can you put these links on the first page? and can we add to these linked pages - posts. I'd like to write that i got yeti with abominable and ice age.
Yes please use the threads to posts your combos and pictures, and the mods will add the information for each dragon on its thread.
I posted these links in post 2 of this thread for reference.

AzHadz
08-12-13, 06:46 PM
Do you have to breed the dragon before updating to the new version or do you need to update to the new version before you can breed the dragon to unlock the portal?

kooky panda
08-12-13, 06:49 PM
Do you have to breed the dragon before updating to the new version or do you need to update to the new version before you can breed the dragon to unlock the portal?
I am pretty sure you need to update your regular Dragon game, before you can breed the dragon to unlock the arctic island.

kooky panda
08-12-13, 06:58 PM
Hey just got a Cave (40 flames) with meteor and Ice age.

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/42369a95-e839-4a13-be30-1579b9fd88a0_zps82c2e480.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/42369a95-e839-4a13-be30-1579b9fd88a0_zps82c2e480.jpg.html)

Jasmerz
08-12-13, 07:21 PM
Still wondering why mine take so many more flames. Just placed an egg and it shows 234 flames. Any ideas?

Sumercarefree
08-12-13, 07:52 PM
All this sounds fun, but still waiting to hatch one.

coco1954
08-12-13, 08:26 PM
The ice age dragons part of the game is truly pricey. I think it should be limited by where you are in the game. I was lucky yo have over 64 million in coins so it is not such a big ouch. Of course now I have about 57 million. I'm such a dragon (gold and coin hoarder). Let's just enjoy the new challenges.

epipy
08-12-13, 08:28 PM
love this place so cool....pardon the pun

Oliver118
08-12-13, 11:43 PM
It's a Mindvolt dragon:)

sunkalito
08-13-13, 01:02 AM
The capacity of the silo and crucible are LUDICROUS. -.-

Spiceshirl
08-13-13, 01:31 AM
Hello. Is there any other combo for final dragon as I don't have a diamond to breed. Many thanks

My nbr got Alpine with snowflake and blizzard!!!! And another Nbr got it with blizzard and blizzard! Good luck!

Spiceshirl
08-13-13, 01:35 AM
It turned out to be a caveman dragon he is so cute!!!!! 4hrs for evolution and 100 flames but he was kind and took only 56! What a guy:rolleyes:

Spiceshirl
08-13-13, 02:14 AM
Gosh I broke the glass today but now am full of regret!!!!! Glacius is so big, ugly and scary and towers over my whole island like he owns it!!!! I really want to know if there is a way to put him back to sleep? Can someone please help!!!:p

dicontan
08-13-13, 02:24 AM
I have the 3 new habitat but every time I try to hatch the egg it keep asking me to buy a habitat even tried to finish it by 20 gold but still it does not work. Now my diamond is stock at the breeding den on the arctic isle cause I can't hatched this egg!! Can anyone provide advise on this ?

Ali3315
08-13-13, 02:44 AM
I have the 3 new habitat but every time I try to hatch the egg it keep asking me to buy a habitat even tried to finish it by 20 gold but still it does not work. Now my diamond is stock at the breeding den on the arctic isle cause I can't hatched this egg!! Can anyone provide advise on this ?

You need to update your iOS. I had the same problem. After updating to iOS 6.3.1 it works fine! :)

kms899
08-13-13, 04:21 AM
has anyone upgraded their silo or fire crucible with 100 gold each.

mjauuuu
08-13-13, 04:27 AM
has anyone upgraded their silo or fire crucible with 100 gold each.

Yes I have. Crucible now holds 100 flames and Silo holds 2000 parts. It was worth it!

Btw... Anyone know what dragon is 180 flames?? Could it actually be Alpine?? I put Blizzard and Ice Age together.

WhiteRhino1
08-13-13, 05:10 AM
You need to update your iOS. I had the same problem. After updating to iOS 6.3.1 it works fine! :)

I will try this, thanks :)

sunkalito
08-13-13, 05:43 AM
Yeah, this is so not cool. Lol

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/579d90960c102d776b9f6312cdbe30bd_zps42aafc4d.jpg

MariaVamp
08-13-13, 10:19 AM
My god this island is amazing! And the music! I have 6/10 dragons already :D Yeti is a cutie, winking his eye <3 Happy breeding to everybody!

08-13-13, 10:57 AM
I just got my blizzard so Im now back to trying for fossil.

belbar22
08-13-13, 11:24 AM
Now the tournament is finished, I am ready to begin. Just breeding ice now.

lunarbunny
08-13-13, 12:04 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when visiting neighbors form your arctic isle, that you can zoom out really far on their island? But when you return to the warmer isle again and visit it doesnt let you anymore? I wish it would let us zoom out like that on our own islands! Just thought it was weird, and neat. Especially visiting neighbors with tons of awesome dragons looking for the ones to play with:D

angela3737
08-13-13, 01:20 PM
I have 2 devices ..my iPad is breeding arctic at 12 hrs ..my itouch is 8 hrs .....i see some others even have 4 hrs ....I really don't like not knowing what the egg is until it hatches .. And I really think 12 hrs is horrible to wait..it gets boring always 12 ..8 is pushing it ..I hope all switches to 4...... I am very glad they added cave Dragon ..since I have no diamond on either account ( both over 100level I think)...I was worried I can't get glacier ...but I see 9 is still only required so I have a chance ..got 9 out of 10 to just need a billion frozen food to level them up....

katbtodd
08-13-13, 01:31 PM
Has anyone else noticed that when visiting neighbors form your arctic isle, that you can zoom out really far on their island? But when you return to the warmer isle again and visit it doesnt let you anymore? I wish it would let us zoom out like that on our own islands! Just thought it was weird, and neat. Especially visiting neighbors with tons of awesome dragons looking for the ones to play with:D

Yes I noticed,that too ,yes ,pretty cool and like you wish I could see my oun island ,,

kwhales
08-13-13, 03:05 PM
Just got blizzard. I thought the cold was suppose to slow down your metabolism. Someone surely forgot to tell this hungry buggers up there.

sunkalito
08-13-13, 03:11 PM
Just got blizzard. I thought the cold was suppose to slow down your metabolism. Someone surely forgot to tell this hungry buggers up there.

well, when it's colder your body will crave for more food (albeit warm food and their fruits all seem frozen xD), in order to overcompensate. You spend more energy (yay, calories!) when it's colder so your body will automatically want to fill that gap with extra food.

...totally DS-related. Lol.

sand
08-13-13, 05:51 PM

Does this mean players can now visit each other's Arctic Isles? Some players say they still can't. What's the official word?
Is there a separate wall on the frosty side?

FigmentValley
08-13-13, 07:01 PM
So.... Has anyone figured out a reason to evolve any arctic dragons beyond level 4? Once they can breed, there is no reason. They don't produce coin, yet they spend it. The amount of "parts" that even a couple of low level dragons do produce rapidly fill up the various storage units available. Without spending 1000 gold, there is little remedy to that. So it makes no sense to level them up other than for looks, perhaps.....the arctic is simply an area that my original dragon isles must support with their coin production.

zxJinXxz
08-13-13, 07:38 PM
I commend TL for trying to put forth what they "think" we want. But the various version of this update we all have is just ... Why are my times and feed rates different from John, and than Johns is different from Toms and mine, and so forth "Example names". If this was a real company man you would get ate up by customers for having so many things different from end user to end user. The cost ratio on the new island is off the wall, and than gold prices to update the flames and oil is a whole new ball game. It almost makes it seem like your trying to force your customers into buying into Dragon Story now instead of having fun. I myself will breed until i get what i need and when the flames jumps from 3-40 to hatch to over than i think it will sit their as i WONT be paying 100 gold to have more than 25 flames at a time.

Thanks TL for showing your true intentions with all these updates and new dragons lately.

mrarfan
08-13-13, 07:39 PM
Wonder why every dragon in the Arctic has the exact same timer....That's LAME!
Should be 4Hrs or 6Hrs or 7Hrs! Like commons should be below 5Hrs? Super Rare above 12Hrs?
That will be awesome!

P.S - I got Cave Dragon using IceAge & Meteor (8Hrs and 80 Gold speed up) O.o
Seriously?

Kami365
08-13-13, 07:48 PM
I breed three Ice age dragons all have 4 Hours BT & evolving time,Yesterday I breed Ice age & Firestorm got 4 hours again the result was Meteor dragon,Now my Arctic Island has 3 ice age,one Fossil & one Meteor dragon.I expand first land for 8 Mystic Maps.

funinthebakery
08-13-13, 08:12 PM
I used magic and winter for ice age but didn't catch the time, when I tapped the breeding den to see the time left it used gold to complete the breeding time. I've had to spread my breeding den, nests, spell shop and portal way apart because of this. Everytime I would tap on one thing and mistakenly hit something else, it would just take gold and complete whatever I tapped. Is it supposed to do that? I'm not getting the dialogue box that gives me the option.

chris1086
08-13-13, 08:57 PM
My Arctic side is not working right. Have a fire dragon in the nest and 2 ice dragons breeding. It's a fire dragon as well. When you sell both of the eggs it proceeds to show processing and puts the egg back in the nest and the 2 ice dragons back in the breeding den. If you click on the breeding den with the 2 dragons still in it, it pops up to view nest. Click view nest and it closes the game. I'm on an iPad and it's been updated. Any help would be appreciated

eboats
08-13-13, 10:26 PM
Can you view others artics?

myndisue
08-13-13, 10:29 PM
I'm on andriod so I can't go over to the arctic isles, but...

I noticed that without spending any gold if you were to have your fire crucible at level two you can only hold 25 mystic flames, but some of the dragons cost more than that to warm? so can you slowly pay towards warming a dragon instead of having to pay it all at once?

and some of the recipes at the fire mill make more than 25 mystic flames, so if you didn't use gold to upgrade you fire crucible to level 3 what would happen to the extra flames?

and one of the recipes at the fire mill costs more than 250 materials (level 2 frozen silo holds 250) so unless you upgrade that you can't even make the recipe.

aaaannnddd this whole thing is a gold pit, correct?

Yep... Which is why I'm taking the slow path. I refuse to buy gold to upgrade either building. I can't even imagine how much money has been spent on a "free" game.

08-13-13, 10:45 PM
Can you view others artics?

Not at the moment. Which defeats the second main purpose of the game. To breed AND show off your island! Guess this little tid bit of information escaped the powers that be.

devastated1978
08-13-13, 10:53 PM
i don't like this Arctic isle, the cost of making food is insane, the gold is double it's breedong time. The dragons are so ugly, shut it OFF. Nothing is exciting, too time consuming. Jakestorm: shut it off.

Anyuszko
08-13-13, 11:33 PM
For me it seems that breeding dragons are easy on this island (in 2 days I got 5 types or so), I even have one super rare (cave), but reaching "final" goal (9 pieces of Epics) is almost unreachable, at least, it takes a lot of coins cause of the new type food.

Do I see it right?

Has anyone counted out how many coins take one dragon to lvl 10? Is there any table where I can see?

(As I counted, cheapest dragon takes ~ 1.8m until epic. Others may be more.)

sunkalito
08-13-13, 11:50 PM
i don't like this Arctic isle, the cost of making food is insane, the gold is double it's breedong time. The dragons are so ugly, shut it OFF. Nothing is exciting, too time consuming. Jakestorm: shut it off.
I agree it's really expensive, but the breeding times are not that long (in comparison to other normal dragons). As for using gold where is the rush? There are few new dragons yet.
I don't think the dragons look ugly... I mean, look at snowflake! *.* even the others. They have to look a bit crude, i mean, it is the ice age.

If you think it's time-consuming and expensive then don't play it. This is for players who want something elseto do, especially ones who have loooooooads of coins (not my case... Right now I "only" have 20 million lol).

What i don't like: the capacity of. The fire crucible and the silo's capacity are so darn low, unless you spend a lot of gold. I don't like that! There should be an intermediate upgrade to those items that still cost coins, not gold.
But I do understand that this is a limitation imposed to force gold-spending. "Hey, wanna move any faster? Ya gotta pay t be able to hoard materials ! Ha!"
At least the limit lf the first upgrade for each item should increase a bit. Let us store 50 mystic flames and 500 items (because on top of only being able to store 250, that's the TOTAL of items combined, meaning it's really easy to have the silo full , and we can make the mistake of just filling it with one type of item).

and some of the recipes at the fire mill make more than 25 mystic flames, so if you didn't use gold to upgrade you fire crucible to level 3 what would happen to the extra flames?

You get a message basically saying the extra flames are going in the garbage. I have a picture on the previous page. LOL.

08-14-13, 12:53 AM
Should be 4Hrs or 6Hrs or 7Hrs! Like commons should be below 5Hrs? Super Rare above 12Hrs?
That will be awesome!

Seriously?

I think this may be what I have too. 8 hours and 80 gold. No Mam! I'm leaving the ice isles before I hit something by accident. I'd be peeved if I used my gold on one dragon. I need to milk my diamonds dry anyways to afford the new habitat today.

sunkalito
08-14-13, 03:35 AM
I just bred a snowflake (yay! So pretty) and it's in the nest, but i have 17 flames and it won't let me warm the egg... Is it a bug?

sunkalito
08-14-13, 03:38 AM
I just bred a snowflake (yay! So pretty) and it's in the nest, but i have 17 flames and it won't let me warm the egg... Is it a bug?

WTH, it only let me warm the egg at every 18 flames. I had crafted that thing where you get 15 flames, so basically I had to put them in stock and lost 7 flames. Ugh, uncool. -.-

dala12
08-14-13, 04:11 AM
Me too! Finished the tournament and I am now have my first ice dragon!

kms899
08-14-13, 04:57 AM
I have a egg at 180 flames, used ice age and blizzard. does anyone know what it is.

Kami365
08-14-13, 05:27 AM
I have a egg at 180 flames, used ice age and blizzard. does anyone know what it is.

According to combo should be Snowflake,don't know how many flame need for egg.

lunarbunny
08-14-13, 05:32 AM
I have the 8 hour breeding times and I just got snowflake it was 144 flames. I hope this is helpful:)

lunarbunny
08-14-13, 05:38 AM
Does this mean players can now visit each other's Arctic Isles? Some players say they still can't. What's the official word?
Is there a separate wall on the frosty side?

Oh no I didnt want to confuse anyone! I just meant that when you visit your neighbors it is still their normal warm islands, but I just used the social menu from the arctic isles to get there instead. For some reason it lets you zoom way out from the arctic social menu but not when visiting from the normal island. I hope this made sense lol. Just try it out, visit neighbors from both social menus and see how far you can zoom! And no the wall is the same too, it just has a different theme.

wolftiger1234
08-14-13, 07:04 AM
Quick question guys. As excited as I was for this update...I'm kinda mmehh about it so I don't really pay much attention to these frozen dragons. Using Ice age and meteor I got 8 hrs but 51 gold to finish. I have the pic I took of it..but idk how to upload it on here to show you. What type of dragon is this? Bc so far all of the other attempts have all been 8 hrs 16 gold

jewelz22
08-14-13, 07:39 AM
I have all Arctic Dragons except Cave but I went through 35 million dollars on food and everything I had to buy no money now.... Going hard to get all dragons to level 10 to unlock the frozen dragon!!!! Ugh......

NouraMoh
08-14-13, 08:24 AM
That will be awesome!

Seriously?

Mine was 100 gold to speed up!!
Same combo

eboats
08-14-13, 08:59 AM
Is there a way to view other players artic isles yet?

sunkalito
08-14-13, 09:24 AM
Is there a way to view other players artic isles yet?

Nope, apparently not! I hope it'll be possible soon. But when we visit FROM our artic isles we can zoom out so much more! So cool :)

Hep, apparently we can expand to these two spots. Has anyone expanded here yet? If we could place the crucible and silo up there , I'd expand! :D

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/d3e43b7a46ba327cda4c2e15c2be59e8_zps1b2a7317.jpg

kms899
08-14-13, 09:59 AM
I expanded the bottom one, just under the lower arrow and put a frozen farm.

kemoah
08-14-13, 10:05 AM
I expanded to two up areas and put a den and egg in them

rainbowbbycakes
08-14-13, 10:20 AM
OMG OMG... Can i move my snowman into the iceage world... Pretty please :p

lunarbunny
08-14-13, 10:54 AM
I expanded the bottom one, just under the lower arrow and put a frozen farm.

Thats pretty neat, I didnt realize that! I havent expanded the the far right yet Ill have to go that way next

angellahg
08-14-13, 11:14 AM
I upgraded and holding 100 flames is not enough, i can't make flames ahead of time for warming, that's after using 100 gold for the upgrade!

Spiceshirl
08-14-13, 11:44 AM
Nope, apparently not! I hope it'll be possible soon. But when we visit FROM our artic isles we can zoom out so much more! So cool :)

Hep, apparently we can expand to these two spots. Has anyone expanded here yet? If we could place the crucible and silo up there , I'd expand! :D

http://i1288.photobucket.com/albums/b497/Nefertekas/d3e43b7a46ba327cda4c2e15c2be59e8_zps1b2a7317.jpg

Yes I have expanded there you can put the solo or nest. Just above it can hold the crating or fire crucible and close to Glacius can hold a farm or habitat.

Galadraal
08-14-13, 12:01 PM
I've got my Evolution Temple, Breeding Den and both nests up there :-)

CatLover111
08-14-13, 12:13 PM
I noticed a cave mine entrance on my southeast island… anyone know what it's for?

didgeridork
08-14-13, 12:18 PM
out of curiosity what is the maximum space in the silo and crucible? i get that different players seem to have different upgrades but do they all eventually get them to the same total amount?

for example, my crucible started out with 20 slots, i upgraded it with coins and got 50 slots. i just upgraded it again for 100 gold and have 200 slots. but there is no option now to upgrade further...

does that mean im forever stuck at 200 as the max? while others may have higher (or lower) amounts?

my silo started at 100, upgraded to 500 with coins, then to 4000 slots with 100 gold.

it almost seems like i got a good deal on the silo, but a bad deal on the crucible... any thoughts?

NouraMoh
08-14-13, 12:37 PM
out of curiosity what is the maximum space in the silo and crucible? i get that different players seem to have different upgrades but do they all eventually get them to the same total amount?

for example, my crucible started out with 20 slots, i upgraded it with coins and got 50 slots. i just upgraded it again for 100 gold and have 200 slots. but there is no option now to upgrade further...

does that mean im forever stuck at 200 as the max? while others may have higher (or lower) amounts?

my silo started at 100, upgraded to 500 with coins, then to 4000 slots with 100 gold.

it almost seems like i got a good deal on the silo, but a bad deal on the crucible... any thoughts?

What do you mean 4000 ?!
Well this just sucks!!! It's that Stable shenanigans all over again!!
I upgraded my Silo with 500 coins then 100 gold but my max is only 2000!!
My Fire Crucible after upgrading with coins and 100 gold can hold 100 only!!

TL I thought you learned your lesson about charging players different amounts last time!
Guess not!
You ppl sure know how to piss your loyal players off

samstagk
08-14-13, 12:38 PM
ice age x firestorm = Meteor ?????

I breed 3 times ice age and firestorm 12hrs /gold speed up 12 hrs. got ice ages all three times
other time. got 8hrs /16 hrs speed up. also got ice age.

2 habitats are full of ice age. where is Meteor?

SAME HERE!!! I have bred Ice Age and Firestorm with 9 fails so far. Ice Age every time....so disappointing. Is anyone else having this issue or have any suggestions?

NouraMoh
08-14-13, 12:49 PM
I never used Firestorm to get Meteor cause it was exhausted at the time after finishing Phoenix Tournament!
Just breed 2 Ice Age dragons together
I got it first try

angellahg
08-14-13, 12:53 PM
What do you mean 4000 ?!

TL I thought you learned your lesson about charging players different amounts last time!
Guess not!

That's the exact costs and totals for mine as well. Its very frustrating, there isnt an option to upgrade again. I really am annoyed with these amounts!

eboats
08-14-13, 12:57 PM
The storage amounts are too low
The habitat capacity is too low
The food costs too much
The amount of flames needed for warming is too high
The costs for upgrades is too high
The collect buttons dont work, so you have to click on the habitat and collect at the bottom of the screen

For players that work 10 hours a day and cant check every 6 minutes to collect this is a horrible update

dw9893
08-14-13, 01:15 PM
The food costs too much
The collect buttons dont work, so you have to click on the habitat and collect at the bottom of the screen

For players that work 10 hours a day and cant check every 6 minutes to collect this is a horrible update

Just a horrible update ... period

It didnt fix any existing problems, just added more.

nikkisauro7
08-14-13, 01:17 PM
The food costs too much

I agree that unless you can be on very frequently, it's not very fun. Those times that I have been lucky enough to play for awhile it's not bad, but otherwise it's a little silly. I am always at max for collecting, yet never have enough flames.

eboats
08-14-13, 01:22 PM
Did anyone else notice you get 65k artic food for 250 gold? With the prices for artic food this seems like a good value. Using sasquash for 65k food would cost 24.7 million over 325 hours if you planted every 5 hours. I went ahead and bought 65k because with the lower feeding costs, and the insane price of artic food I expect TL to adjust how much food you get with gold soon.

eboats
08-14-13, 01:39 PM
Just an fyi the last 3 levels cost 480, 1000, and 2000 per feed to hit epic. Which with the low hab capacity and low silo capacity which is for ALL 3 resources combined it hardly makes leveling past 7 worth it

samstagk
08-14-13, 01:52 PM
I never used Firestorm to get Meteor cause it was exhausted at the time after finishing Phoenix Tournament!
Just breed 2 Ice Age dragons together
I got it first try

Thanks! I'll try that next!

DeeDeeBird70
08-14-13, 02:06 PM
Anyone else with this problem????? I have 11 Lotus Blossoms in the storage on Arctic Isle. I had requested same on regular island to craft Lotus Dragon. also Mystic maps but those can be used here. When I click on their icon, is says can be used in craft shop. Message has Arctic motif.

zhynabella
08-14-13, 02:28 PM
OKay so I was happy until now. I know there is some players which have the availability to have 50 flames without having to spend 100 gold to update the fire crucible and 500 capacity for silo, meanwhile I am stuck with 25 flames and 250 capacity on silo which takes me FOREVER to hatch an egg due to the limited amount of flames. I pretty much have to be on top of it every 6-10minutes to hatch the next egg. PLUS this dragons eat a really high amount of food to make them all epic and the cost of the frozen food is just ridiculous.

lotusthreads
08-14-13, 02:38 PM
I was able to upgrade to fire crucible and silo to 50 and 500 capacity respectively, but to upgrade further will cost 500 gold each. The different pricing that tl force on the players completely sucks :( just on principle I will never spend that much gold upgrading when I know other players were able to upgrade for 100 gold each. Do tl think we don't compare prices here? Way to ruin a potentially good update, the storage capacity throttles any progress in the game, and the farming costs are insane.

kms899
08-14-13, 02:53 PM
According to combo should be Snowflake,don't know how many flame need for egg.

yeh it's a snowflake with 180 flames to hatch the egg, just hatches especially that I only have storage for 25 fire crucible and 250 silo with 100 gold upgrade, still having problem sin getting the yeti.:confused:

lanadelgaga
08-14-13, 03:00 PM
The storage is so little :| it needs to be 50 or 75 at least.. without gold.

vxh006
08-14-13, 04:41 PM
i am stuck with getting the last two dragons alpine and cave, any good combo suggestions???

08-14-13, 05:01 PM
I'm doing great with the dragons! I just need snowflake and fossil. Either one and I can awaken the big dragon. How come no one has posted a pic of their island with him roaming around at the top?

Also, has anyone expanded to the Rocky Mountains at the top? If so, how much does it cost to clear them?

I'm surprised at us quickly I got alpine and yeti. On this island I got two super rares back to back but had to sell them because I can't afford the stupid 3 million habitat! It's not like I can around with the lame message, saying my dragons are homeless, help me buy their habitat! Humph! I refuse.

08-14-13, 05:02 PM
i am stuck with getting the last two dragons alpine and cave, any good combo suggestions???

I just got my alpine with two blizzards. Cave with two meteors.

vxh006
08-14-13, 05:05 PM
thanks!!! ill try that!!

angellahg
08-14-13, 05:15 PM
I'm doing great with the dragons! I just need snowflake and fossil. Either one and I can awaken the big dragon. How come no one has posted a pic of their island with him roaming around at the top?

Also, has anyone expanded to the Rocky Mountains at the top? If so, how much does it cost to clear them?

I'm surprised at us quickly I got alpine and yeti. On this island I got two super rares back to back but had to sell them because I can't afford the stupid 3 million habitat! It's not like I can around with the lame message, saying my dragons are homeless, help me buy their habitat! Humph! I refuse.

Im jealous, darling..alpine hasnt graced me with his presence yet ;0)

angellahg
08-14-13, 05:21 PM
What do you mean 4000 ?!

Guess not!

Hi, Nora
I couldn't post on ur wall because we never became neighbors..just wondering, if u still get gold sales? I NEVER get them on my main acct (seriously 6 months now) but have been playing DS almost since the beginning. Feel like I'm being penalized for continuing 2 play & spend $, no gold sales, upgrading costs get me less than newer players for the same amount of gold.

08-14-13, 05:30 PM
Hi, Nora
I couldn't post on ur wall because we never became neighbors..just wondering, if u still get gold sales? I NEVER get them on my main acct (seriously 6 months now) but have been playing DS almost since the beginning. Feel like I'm being penalized for continuing 2 play & spend $, no gold sales, upgrading costs get me less than newer players for the same amount of gold.

Have you ever switched over to android to see if a sale comes there? I get sales every week on my iPod, ipad and before I went iOS all the way, on my android phones. I never understand why they don't give them to everyone. I used to buy gold without sales, with sales, switch over to google where they didnt have taxes, everything.

Have you tried using two dragons of the same type for alpine? I just randomly throw any two of the same type In the den. I don't even pay attention to the gold needed anymore. I just try to get the max amount of fire needed to be ready when an egg finishes. It's mega confusing, but I just want to expand, get the dragons, awaken the main beats and be ahead. Before they start throwing two ice dragons at us a week.

NouraMoh
08-14-13, 05:34 PM
Yes I get sales regularly
I'd say twice a week
I have one right now in fact
Just bought 1400 gold and blew it on that stupid chicken they're calling Tropic :/

mrarfan
08-14-13, 06:39 PM
This is a joke!
My Fire Crucible (or whatever it's called) can hold 50 and my brother can hold 25?
My Silo can hold 500 and my brother can hold 250?
[Everything is not upgraded by 100Gold]
WTH TL? Not interesting!

08-14-13, 07:00 PM
This is a joke!
My Fire Crucible (or whatever it's called) can hold 50 and my brother can hold 25?
WTH TL? Not interesting!

You're expecting many things on here to make sense? :rolleyes:

NouraMoh
08-14-13, 07:10 PM
You're expecting many things on here to make sense? :rolleyes:

You're right
But I'd expect TL to at least be fair and treat everybody the same

mrarfan
08-14-13, 07:17 PM
You're right
But I'd expect TL to at least be fair and treat everybody the same

That's what I meant xD
[Although it doesn't look like it :P]

vxh006
08-14-13, 07:45 PM
This is a joke!
WTH TL? Not interesting!

Me and my friend is having the same issue as u n ur brother .. My max without upgrade with gold is 25 for fire crucible and 250 for silo and my friend is 50 fire crucible and 500 silo.... And she just started today... And I started when it first came out like last week.... And my breed time is 8 hrs and hers is 4 hrs.... This game is getting stupid...

DragonRA7
08-14-13, 08:53 PM
That is stupid mine can only hold 25 and have not upgraded mine with gold though it does seem like I need fewer flames to hatch dragons then some people...

Sumercarefree
08-14-13, 11:56 PM
So here's a recap so far:

Ice age = Purple x winter
Meteor = ice age x firestorm
Abominable = ice age x fuzzy
Sasquatch = ice age x abominable
Fossil = ice age x meteor
Blizzard = abominable x Sasquatch

Thnx again. I am new to this Ice Age, was busy fighting for Phoenix.

Oliver118
08-15-13, 12:13 AM
Hey I may have an Ice Age dragon in my Breeding Den, I don't know, I've got purple and winter, it says 8 hours, some of you have got 8 hours for Ice Age, others 4 hours (I'm a bit confused, in other words) This new update is quite the confusion for Dragon story:confused:

Oliver118
08-15-13, 12:15 AM
Could be Mossrock or Stone, I think

weega
08-15-13, 12:17 AM
http://i.imgur.com/oksiIv8.jpg

^why is there a blue apple logo instead of a picture of the baby dragon over on the arctic isles?

Java_Phoenix
08-15-13, 02:03 AM
I want to move that ship away. Can you let me do it? I'm too far behind on other dragons to be bothered with the arctic ones. That ship is just ... In my way and I want to move it to another spot

Disel8
08-15-13, 02:05 AM

^why is there a blue apple logo instead of a picture of the baby dragon over on the arctic isles?

Don't rub it in are face, I hope you've jus posted in the wrong tread! !

corrine_chan07
08-15-13, 02:17 AM
I just got Yeti with Abominable x Ice Age, I'm so happy :D I think it's the cutest out of all of them *-*

sunkalito
08-15-13, 02:31 AM
Cave doesn't seem to like me! I've tried for it 4 or 5 times. Now i'm trying for Alpine, those are the only2 missing.

This is a joke!
WTH TL? Not interesting!
Yeah, mine hold 25 and 250! That's close to nothing in both cases!! 25 flame limit means I can't even craft those large amounts of flames because they'll go in the garbage anyway. The 250 limit is ridiculous considering we have THREE different materials we need to store.
My upgrades cost 100 gold but i refuse to upgrade!! It's like in the stables :( SO NOT COOOOOOOLLLL

sunkalito
08-15-13, 02:32 AM
I want to move that ship away. Can you let me do it? I'm too far behind on other dragons to be bothered with the arctic ones. That ship is just ... In my way and I want to move it to another spot

Obviously the ship will stay in the same place. Lol. I don't understand why people are so bothered by the ship, to be honest.

mrarfan
08-15-13, 02:52 AM
Cave doesn't seem to like me! I've tried for it 4 or 5 times. Now i'm trying for Alpine, those are the only2 missing.

Yeah, mine hold 25 and 250! That's close to nothing in both cases!! 25 flame limit means I can't even craft those large amounts of flames because they'll go in the garbage anyway. The 250 limit is ridiculous considering we have THREE different materials we need to store.
My upgrades cost 100 gold but i refuse to upgrade!! It's like in the stables :( SO NOT COOOOOOOLLLL

Seriously? I got Cave the FIRST TRY! O.o
Trying for Fossil :P
Any good combos for Fossil?

kwhales
08-15-13, 03:07 AM

I got fossil,with ice age and ice age.

kwhales
08-15-13, 03:09 AM
Has anyone tried to breed a warm blooded dragon with these guys (other then the ones needed for ice dragons).

08-15-13, 04:26 AM
Has anyone tried to breed a warm blooded dragon with these guys (other then the ones needed for ice dragons).

I did early on before I saw we had to use specific dragons. I just kept getting the ice dragons I'd breed a normal dragon with.

I've just read the rules again and see I need to evolve my brats to epic to get the large dragon. Whatever his name is! This sucks, only two are epic so far. I just got back up to 2 million and will be broke again soon, from planting food.

sunkalito
08-15-13, 05:37 AM

Lol! I got fossil fails several times. Maybe four xD ice age x meteor.

kms899
08-15-13, 06:10 AM
I just need cave and alpine.

angellahg
08-15-13, 07:10 AM
Have you ever switched over to android to see if a sale comes there? I get sales every week on my iPod, ipad and before I went iOS all the way, on my android phones. I never understand why they don't give them to everyone. I used to buy gold without sales, with sales, switch over to google where they didnt have taxes, everything.

Have you tried using two dragons of the same type for alpine? I just randomly throw any two of the same type In the den. I don't even pay attention to the gold needed anymore. I just try to get the max amount of fire needed to be ready when an egg finishes. It's mega confusing, but I just want to expand, get the dragons, awaken the main beats and be ahead. Before they start throwing two ice dragons at us a week.

I only have ipad and iphone i get sales on my iphone regularly, just not the ipad. Everytime i ask about it i get the same answer that its random, it cant be that random if i havent gotten any in 6 months. Ive continued to buy gold regularly but im tired of always paying full price especially with the storage differences again.

i tried snowflake x blizzard now trying diamond x snowflake, last one i need over there so its ok for now. Thx 4 the advice!

whosoliver
08-15-13, 09:11 AM
anyone know what dragon ice age + diamond makes that costs 100 gold to speed up? 8hrs breeding time

cquinn32
08-15-13, 09:39 AM
anyone know what dragon ice age + diamond makes that costs 100 gold (wtf) to speed up? 8hrs breeding time

Yeah I bred ice age and meteor this morning. I just checked on it and it has 3 hrs 40 min remaining and wants 47 gold to finish? Not sure

mrarfan
08-15-13, 10:05 AM
Please help! On my main island....There's an airship (yeah of course) and behind the airship...There's a Flower Bed...And I really want to sell that flower bed...How do I do that? I can't seem to tap on it!

Kooky,Jake? Please! Change the location of the Airship! I would be much grateful :)

mrarfan
08-15-13, 10:11 AM
Please help! On my main island....There's an airship (yeah of course) and behind the airship...There's a Flower Bed...And I really want to sell that flower bed...How do I do that? I can't seem to tap on it!

Kooky,Jake? Please! Change the location of the Airship! I would be much grateful :)

Or even PonyRoar or FrozenTurtle? Please reply! Should I email support@teamlava?

angellahg
08-15-13, 10:13 AM
Yeah I bred ice age and meteor this morning. I just checked on it and it has 3 hrs 40 min remaining and wants 47 gold to finish? Not sure
Cave dragon, congrats!

FrozenTurtle
08-15-13, 10:27 AM

What Storm8 ID are you currently seeing this on? Please update your device's OS to the most current version available. This should resolve the issue for you.

IcePrince918
08-15-13, 11:22 AM
I have gotten so similar and different combos and outcomes, I was able to finally get a yeti dragon after so many fails.

Ice Age x Firestorm = Meteor
Ice Age x Fuzzy = Abominable
Ice Age x Meteor = Meteor
Ice Age x Abominable = Blizzard
Meteor x Abominable = Blizzard
Abominable x Blizzard = Ice Age
Ice Age x Abominable = Yeti

I am trying now for sasquatch and fossil, Polar Bear just showed up in my game. All of my breedings are 8hrs.

sunkalito
08-15-13, 11:44 AM
I cannot stop laughing at the tiny apple that hatched instead of a baby dragon! Hahahahahhaa :D

mamareader02
08-15-13, 12:03 PM
Lots of unfairness with this update-but the one I really have steam over is the fact that some have only to wait 4 hours for breeding(which without gold gives them more chances to breed),and I have to wait 8(if I have no gold,it's only breeding once in morning,once at night),so those with 4 hours to wait can breed up to 5 times in one day without spending a single dime on gold,really not right

dragon1fighter
08-15-13, 01:33 PM
I cannot stop laughing at the tiny apple that hatched instead of a baby dragon! Hahahahahhaa :D

It would have been funnier if it was the android icon lol

kooky panda
08-15-13, 01:36 PM

You will need to send an email to support@teamlava.com for assistance.

awsumum
08-15-13, 01:39 PM
I just need cave and alpine.

ME TOO!!

But I can't seem to breed either :( all I get are blizzard while trying for alpine, and ice age while trying for cave.

Has anyone got a combo for me? Please? I'd be ever so grateful :)

mel7123
08-15-13, 01:51 PM
I got alpine today with two blizzard dragons, thought I had them all and then polar was released.. Lol

awsumum
08-15-13, 02:06 PM
I got alpine today with two blizzard dragons, thought I had them all and then polar was released.. Lol

Aaarrgghh help!

Lol, don't bring out another one! I still can't get cave or alpine, trying so hard, falling further behind :(

NouraMoh
08-15-13, 02:19 PM
Alpine for me was Blizzard/Snowflake 260 flames ( if you are one of the 8 hours breeding 16 gold to speed group )
It took 6 tries, got mostly Blizzards and a couple of Snowflakes
Wasn't too bad!

For Cave I used Meteor/Ice Age ( I can't remember how many flames but it was 100 gold to speed!!!)
Got lots of Ice before I got this one!

I'm trying for Polar now. It doesn't matter how many new dragons they release. You only need to get 9 of them to epic form to awaken Glacius

Good luck luv :*

svedipie
08-15-13, 02:24 PM
I've tried to look through the thread, but haven't found my answer so forgive me if this has already been discussed before . . .

Has anyone else noticed a fee to cross over to the Arctic Island? I've just realized that I lose $1000-$2000 coins every time I travel over there (no fee coming back) :(. Is this just a bug or is there really a fee to travel?

dw9893
08-15-13, 02:25 PM
its a bug, I just traveled there and back and lost no coins.

MariaVamp
08-15-13, 02:37 PM
I see people say have 4 hours breeding time, i have 8 and 16 gold if i want to speed up -.- lucky me... I have 6/11 dragons.. Slow the adds omg why you rush so much? Is not even winter yet

svedipie
08-15-13, 02:42 PM
:( :( But thanks for confirming!

sand
08-15-13, 03:24 PM

CONGRATULATIONS! You have hatched an iPad Mini.
You do not have an Apple carrying case for this device.

[SELL] [BUY A CARRYING CASE]

lollipop_rp
08-15-13, 03:49 PM
CONGRATULATIONS! You have hatched an iPad Mini.
You do not have an Apple carrying case for this device.

[SELL] [BUY A CARRYING CASE]

Lol look at my editing s****s lol

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/PDAGuppies/1ce4c1fb8acdddbc5e3c148f445b66df_zps1792ebb4.jpg

NouraMoh
08-15-13, 04:34 PM
You guys are funny :)

funnyrandomness5112
08-15-13, 04:48 PM
You guys are funny :)

No I'm Funny, FunnyRandomness ;)

sunkalito
08-15-13, 05:05 PM
LOL!! U crazy people :p

Asdfasd***sgdjsgsgahajaj!!!!!! Another attempt at cave, another bloody meteor. Go away, meteor. You are creepy.

lanadelgaga
08-15-13, 05:08 PM
Did anyone notice the new Polar Dragon

kwhales
08-15-13, 05:37 PM
Did anyone notice the new Polar Dragon

Yep. Look here Polar Dragon (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56830-Blizzard-Type-Dragons&p=707160&viewfull=1#post707160)

kooky panda
08-15-13, 05:52 PM
Well I put down Blizzard and snowflake about 4hours ago and it was 400 gold to speed up!
I should know in four hours!
Please be alpine or Polar!!

lunarbunny
08-15-13, 05:54 PM
Well I put down Blizzard and snowflake about 4hours ago and it was 400 gold to speed up!

Your odds are good Kooky! So far a lot of people have reported massive increases in gold to speed up the cave dragon, maybe itll be the same with all the newly released arctic dragons until TL is done testing us out:) Congrats!:D

mamareader02
08-15-13, 06:03 PM

???all my breedings take 8 hrs,16 gold to speed up,or do you mean it's 400 gold to warm up?i never know what's in my den because every single breeding is same time,same gold

dw9893
08-15-13, 06:08 PM
at least yours are 8 hours and 16 to speed up.. mine are 12 hours and 24 to speed up! not right

kooky panda
08-15-13, 06:13 PM
???all my breedings take 8 hrs,16 gold to speed up,or do you mean it's 400 gold to warm up?i never know what's in my den because every single breeding is same time,same gold
I have 8 hour breed/16 speed up on most all of mine, but when I got the cave, my speed up gold was a lot higher, so I think when you get a rare dragon you can tell if your speed up gold (on breeding) is really high.

hubbabubba03
08-15-13, 06:15 PM
Kooky is there any way android players will be seeing this?

mamareader02
08-15-13, 06:32 PM
I have 8 hour breed/16 speed up on most all of mine, but when I got the cave, my speed up gold was a lot higher, so I think when you get a rare dragon you can tell if your speed up gold (on breeding) is really high.

I just hatched an Alpine,200 flames,but while in den,had still been 16 gold to speed,so the variation in games continues

NouraMoh
08-15-13, 06:46 PM

Mine too
But be careful with Cave. It's 100 gold to speed!
It's such a mean gold trap!

mamareader02
08-15-13, 07:07 PM
Mine too

I think I got cave breeding,for the first time I got 80 gold to speed up,crazy cause Alpine was my normal 16 gold!

08-15-13, 07:08 PM
Mine too

My first cave was 80 gold and my second was 120. I hate these dumb random speed times.

eboats
08-15-13, 07:38 PM
So the artic isle released on the 8th and already there is 2 new dragons?!?!?! This along with regular ds releases. What a joke. Are they just trying to find more ways to get us behind?

dreamydragon02
08-15-13, 07:56 PM

You need to upgrade to iOS 6 in order to hatch ur eggs. Hope this fixes ur problem. :)

FigmentValley
08-15-13, 08:16 PM
So.... After not bothering to go to the arctic for several days here, I went and looked. I hatched a blizzard dragon. It needs a 3 million coin habitat. And who pays for that? My other dragons. I think NOT. I finally got my coin counts back up after the arctic debacle of before. That's so not gonna happen. He can just sit in his little egg until he rots. I need those coins for food and such in the old realm - for dragons that produce and battle - not ugly monsters who just use and give nothing back. This arctic update is no fun at all. I can't support such an expensive, unproductive isle. Give us a way to put those furry little suckers to work!

cookiefairey
08-15-13, 08:38 PM
Has anyone managed to get the new polar dragon yet? If so can you share Thank you

awsumum
08-15-13, 08:39 PM
Alpine for me was Blizzard/Snowflake 260 flames ( if you are one of the 8 hours breeding 16 gold to speed group )
It took 6 tries, got mostly Blizzards and a couple of Snowflakes
Wasn't too bad!

For Cave I used Meteor/Ice Age ( I can't remember how many flames but it was 100 gold to speed!!!)
Got lots of Ice before I got this one!

I'm trying for Polar now. It doesn't matter how many new dragons they release. You only need to get 9 of them to epic form to awaken Glacius

Good luck luv :*

Thank you sweetie :*

Yeah, I know I only need 9, but I'm stuck at 8! I'd be happy if I could just get alpine :) but neither he or cave are interested! Probably off with prism (bad influence, that one) and polar, up to no good!

zhynabella
08-15-13, 09:24 PM
what? another dragon? oh my.
so now is 11 arctic dragons?

i wonder if we have to only feed to epic the first 9 as stated in the beginning to be able to hatch the glacius price or we have to feed them all including the 2 new, cove and now polar..

this is too many coins to spend.. i would like to see a lower price for their food since we are not getting coins from this new habitats, i still need to feed the light dragons to unlock the white temple. also separate maps to expand would be cool to not use the ones needed on the main isle.

eboats
08-15-13, 10:35 PM
Hatching Glacius doesnt even do anything. There is really no point to awaken him as his graphic is better frozen.

awsumum
08-15-13, 10:43 PM
Hatching Glacius doesnt even do anything. There is really no point to awaken him as his graphic is better frozen.

That's really disappointing :(

I think the thing I find the saddest is that it probably won't stop me from trying my hardest to get the darn things anyway *SIGH*

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for those that have managed to get all the arctic dragons!
(Nora, sweetness, I need some of that awesome luck of yours :) lend me some?) lol

lanadelgaga
08-15-13, 10:54 PM
Omg I just got a Blizzard dragon but I only have 1.7m. I have someone in the den too lol I guess it'll be a while until they leave the den

amnesiaNo9
08-15-13, 11:04 PM
Has anyone managed to get the new polar dragon yet? If so can you share Thank you

Yep got new polar dragon, 2nd try using yeti - Alpine, was 120 flames to hatch, will share pic once its out of evolution tank :-)

amnesiaNo9
08-15-13, 11:06 PM
You need to upgrade to iOS 6 in order to hatch ur eggs. Hope this fixes ur problem. :)

I haven't updated my iOS, still on 5. Something, can't hatch eggs fine, have all 11 ice dragons no problem

Anyuszko
08-16-13, 12:37 AM

Did you earn Glacius already?

Sumercarefree
08-16-13, 12:38 AM

Wow ! Look at her Gold Balance ???? 99,999. Am I dreaming ???

NouraMoh
08-16-13, 12:56 AM
That's really disappointing :(

I think the thing I find the saddest is that it probably won't stop me from trying my hardest to get the darn things anyway *SIGH*

Don't get me wrong, I'm very happy for those that have managed to get all the arctic dragons!
(Nora, sweetness, I need some of that awesome luck of yours :) lend me some?) lol

Here you go! It's all yours
Don't need it till Monday :)

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:31 AM
Wow ! Look at her Gold Balance ???? 99,999. Am I dreaming ???

Yep! Lol, sorry to burst your bubble, hun :( but the first pic had a gold balance of 520

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:34 AM
Here you go! It's all yours
Don't need it till Monday :)

Thanks darling :) too bad I wasted gold speed breeding lots of stone/fuzzy (going for prism) and ice age (going for cave or alpine) your very kind gesture is an indication of what a nice person you are and I'm so glad to have "met" you :D

cdbabe
08-16-13, 02:46 AM
Where can I get a winter dragon? Help please!!!

awsumum
08-16-13, 03:23 AM

Try (on your main island) breeding winter and any purple dragon (magic or peacock, etc)
You hopefully should get an ice age, that will let you use the use blimp thingy to go to the arctic isles, aaaand you're set!
When you get to the arctic isles there will already be an ice age dragon there, you can start breeding as soon as you get there :)

mrarfan
08-16-13, 03:42 AM

You can breed Winter with Light & Water [White & Blue] 12Hrs!
Then..Breed Magic & Winter until you see double gold to speed up! That means you got the IceAge Dragon!
Good Luck!

mrarfan
08-16-13, 03:44 AM
Lol look at my editing s****s lol

http://i1243.photobucket.com/albums/gg551/PDAGuppies/1ce4c1fb8acdddbc5e3c148f445b66df_zps1792ebb4.jpg

LOL! I like! XD

NouraMoh
08-16-13, 04:06 AM
Thanks darling :) too bad I wasted gold speed breeding lots of stone/fuzzy (going for prism) and ice age (going for cave or alpine) your very kind gesture is an indication of what a nice person you are and I'm so glad to have "met" you :D

You flatter me so!
Again.. I wish one of us was a guy :)

mamareader02
08-16-13, 04:22 AM
Has anybody bred polar without yeti?

08-16-13, 04:56 AM
Omg I just got a Blizzard dragon but I only have 1.7m. I have someone in the den too lol I guess it'll be a while until they leave the den

Join my club. I've sold about six of them so far. Not planting food, doing quests or anything that will cost money. Aside from breeding.

08-16-13, 04:59 AM
You flatter me so!

I'm so nosey. Why do you wish one of you were?

kooky panda
08-16-13, 05:27 AM

Yes!! Just got him! Snowflake and Blizzard ( It was 400 gold to speed up breeding)
200 flames to hatch

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/1b0dec15-643d-4b19-a492-5f2d926ce8dd_zpsdc863442.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/1b0dec15-643d-4b19-a492-5f2d926ce8dd_zpsdc863442.jpg.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/b6aad46b-107a-49cf-9378-32bad56f3d23_zpsc1940007.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/b6aad46b-107a-49cf-9378-32bad56f3d23_zpsc1940007.jpg.html)

mamareader02
08-16-13, 05:41 AM
Yes!! Just got him! Snowflake and Blizzard ( It was 400 gold to speed up breeding)
200 flames to hatch

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/1b0dec15-643d-4b19-a492-5f2d926ce8dd_zpsdc863442.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/1b0dec15-643d-4b19-a492-5f2d926ce8dd_zpsdc863442.jpg.html)
http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/b6aad46b-107a-49cf-9378-32bad56f3d23_zpsc1940007.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/b6aad46b-107a-49cf-9378-32bad56f3d23_zpsc1940007.jpg.html)

Yay Kooky!!!thanks for posting this,was hoping I didn't have to use yeti as he hasn't arrived on my island yet,guess its time to put snowflake and blizzard to work!

sunkalito
08-16-13, 05:54 AM
200 flames to hatch

OH MY GOSH. it's adorable! and also it eats up A LOT OF FLAMES, so it'll take me ages to hatch... considering i can only store 25 flames at a time. Baloney.
Kooky do you know/remember how many flames it takes for it to rise one degree in the hatching scale?

NouraMoh
08-16-13, 06:18 AM
I'm so nosey. Why do you wish one of you were?

I'm just flirting :)
I wish one of us was a guy cause I'd totally travel half way around the world to meet someone as sweet as her :)

sunkalito
08-16-13, 06:21 AM
I wish one of us was a guy cause I'd totally travel half way around the world to meet someone as sweet as her :)

But guys aren't sweet!! Unless they wantsomething, otherwise bleh :p (kidding).

I am soooo tired of getting so many blizzards in a row. Ugh!

mamareader02
08-16-13, 07:30 AM
Yahoo!!!used snowflake/blizzard(thanks Kooky),now have 400 gold to speed up breeding!!!!!happy Friday to me:)

Sumercarefree
08-16-13, 07:57 AM
I have all Arctic Dragons except Cave but I went through 35 million dollars on food and everything I had to buy no money now.... Going hard to get all dragons to level 10 to unlock the frozen dragon!!!! Ugh......
Wow. I'm still new to the Artics n grouping

Mani_Sari
08-16-13, 09:39 AM
What's 234 flames and 450 gold to speed up? Is there a chart for these new dragons around here somewhere?

sunkalito
08-16-13, 09:52 AM
What's 234 flames and 450 gold to speed up? Is there a chart for these new dragons around here somewhere?

Cnsidering the values seem to differ, it could be a polar bear I reckon.

Mani_Sari
08-16-13, 09:58 AM
Really? Wow! My ipad account has been very lucky, i'm still stuck with only Ice Age and Meteor on this account. Thanks!

gandalf72
08-16-13, 10:14 AM
Pretty cool, BUT the game is to much for my iPad now. It crashes so much after this upgrade that I can't play it much anymore...Too frustrating!!

mikemike28
08-16-13, 10:47 AM
Hey TL, can you please add more habitats in artic island ? I have 2 abominable ( 1 full of yetis and other one are the common and rare one) , 2 ice age habitat( since there are 4 dragons), 1 blizzard( can only hold 3 and i just got polar bear, got nowhere to put it) and 1 glacius. . . . . . . . . . . . Would be great if you can add just one more habitat or dont count glacius as one habitat . Thank you !

kooky panda
08-16-13, 11:06 AM
OH MY GOSH. it's adorable! and also it eats up A LOT OF FLAMES, so it'll take me ages to hatch... considering i can only store 25 flames at a time. Baloney.
Kooky do you know/remember how many flames it takes for it to rise one degree in the hatching scale?
I was not actually paying attention, but I think for this one, it was 25.

My game requires 8 Warming Sessions,(I think this is because I have the 8 hour breed time) so I take the 8 and divide it by the total number of flames I need to warm the egg.
So for this one I needed 200 divided by 8 = 25 flames per session.

NouraMoh
08-16-13, 12:06 PM

If most of your breeding times are 8 hours and 16 gold to speed then you're in my group :)
So 234 is Snowflake

devastated1978
08-16-13, 12:40 PM
any chance of moving the hideous aircraft to another place? One of my decor is stuck behind the aircraft & i can't get rid of the decore. Please move the ship somewhere above please

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:01 PM
You flatter me so!

Me too, darling, me too :D

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:07 PM

LOL! If one of us was a guy, I'd already totally be there! It'd be worth it, just to meet Nora, who brightens my day, everyday! Such a sweety :)

tuskmage
08-16-13, 01:14 PM
LOL! If one of us was a guy, I'd already totally be there! It'd be worth it, just to meet Nora, who brightens my day, everyday! Such a sweety :)

Maybe TL going to release Love Story & Dating Story soon???:rolleyes:

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:17 PM
Maybe TL going to release Love Story & Dating Story soon???:rolleyes:

LOL! Sorry ;)

zhynabella
08-16-13, 01:23 PM
or maybe a new love/flirt thread. so off topic.

awsumum
08-16-13, 01:42 PM
or maybe a new love/flirt thread. so off topic.

Ok, just to get it back on topic, do you, zhynabella, have a combo to get alpine? Or cave?

gentry5
08-16-13, 01:44 PM
I finally got 9 different dragons and got each to level 10 (bought most of my food) and then awakened Glacius he is awesome and will fly all around and glide up and down your island. I think he is wonderful! Now back to trying for Cave and Polar.

gentry5
08-16-13, 01:46 PM
I would take a picture of Glacius and post it but have not figured how to get my pics to post, sorry.

DeeDeeBird70
08-16-13, 01:52 PM
Rule for Arctic Isle is "there are no rules". It does cost me coins to travel there. 350 the time I counted. Didn't count the last time. Haven't been able to get Fossil so I put Abominable with Cave and got Blizzard at 120 flames. Habitat is now under construction, so now on hold. I will not spend gold for this section.

Still have the 11 lotus blossoms in Arctic storage. Just what I need for Lotus. But will just ask neighbors for more.

If you plant crops when the farm is sparkling, you get 20 coins at harvest, no matter what you planted!

What do the numbers on the Travel icon mean? I've seen different ones in a little red circle.

tuskmage
08-16-13, 02:00 PM
Rule for Arctic Isle is "there are no rules". It does cost me coins to travel there. 350 the time I counted. Didn't count the last time. Haven't been able to get Fossil so I put Abominable with Cave and got Blizzard at 120 flames. Habitat is now under construction, so now on hold. I will not spend gold for this section.

Still have the 11 lotus blossoms in Arctic storage. Just what I need for Lotus. But will just ask neighbors for more.

If you plant crops when the farm is sparkling, you get 20 coins at harvest, no matter what you planted!

What do the numbers on the Travel icon mean? I've seen different ones in a little red circle.

I would like to find out about those number in the travel icon too. Any one know?