PDA

View Full Version : Love shack and other pink items.

msslater
08-06-13, 07:23 PM
I started this game only about a month ago but I am at level 24 now. I notice a lot of neighbors having love shack and other pink items and I don't have anything like that in my inventory ( locked or not). Can someone give me guidance?

VenomAL
08-06-13, 07:40 PM
Valentine items can only be obtained in the Valentine version of the game. If you missed out on that version, there is currently no way to get those pink items. Unless TL reinstated the version in the future.

msslater
08-06-13, 08:03 PM
Valentine items can only be obtained in the Valentine version of the game. If you missed out on that version, there is currently no way to get those pink items. Unless TL reinstated the version in the future.

Thanks! I guess that's the bad thing about starting much later than most.

zakandcob
08-10-13, 11:44 PM
I've just been reading about the love shack in another thread and am I correct in thinking that's where the cute alicorn comes from? Does that mean I'll never be able to have one?? Alicorn that is...I so hope not.:(

vchanhs
08-11-13, 12:41 AM
I've just been reading about the love shack in another thread and am I correct in thinking that's where the cute alicorn comes from? Does that mean I'll never be able to have one?? Alicorn that is...I so hope not.:(

The only way to get the Alicorns now for people who started late (after valentine edition ended) is to buy it using 600 gems. Hopefully, it will come back by next year valentine with new goals which use up the pink stuff that I have in storage.

zakandcob
08-11-13, 03:11 AM
The only way to get the Alicorns now for people who started late (after valentine edition ended) is to buy it using 600 gems. Hopefully, it will come back by next year valentine with new goals which use up the pink stuff that I have in storage.

Oh,ok thanks.I was afraid of that. I guess I'll start saving now...600 seems like a lot but I really,really want one..thanks again.

cad33
08-11-13, 07:35 AM
Oh,ok thanks.I was afraid of that. I guess I'll start saving now...600 seems like a lot but I really,really want one..thanks again.

I'm in the same boat as you (started after V-day had ended). Personally, the wizard schools are where it's at (if you are going to spend gems). In the last week or so I've mis-clicked twice and lost 40 gems *sigh*. But I've got the 2 wizard schools allowed, so it's really not that big deal. The Alicorn would be nice, but full energy 1x a week is not as useful as 6-10 energy every 4-5 hrs (depending on lvl).

plby
08-11-13, 08:58 AM

or by getting the value pack offer with an alicorn for $9.99, no way to get it without paying real money tho

zakandcob
08-11-13, 02:03 PM
or by getting the value pack offer with an alicorn for $9.99, no way to get it without paying real money tho

I'm tempted for sure,thanks for that:)

zakandcob
08-11-13, 02:04 PM
I'm in the same boat as you (started after V-day had ended). Personally, the wizard schools are where it's at (if you are going to spend gems). In the last week or so I've mis-clicked twice and lost 40 gems *sigh*. But I've got the 2 wizard schools allowed, so it's really not that big deal. The Alicorn would be nice, but full energy 1x a week is not as useful as 6-10 energy every 4-5 hrs (depending on lvl).

That's good to know,thank you. I will try and work towards getting those,cheers:)

DocEE
08-25-13, 11:21 PM
I don't have the Valentine edition which I'm fine with. However, people keep sending me gifts of love wood, love stone, kissing dust and entwined seedlings. What do I do with those items? I have posted the gifts I need and even gone to those folks walls and thanked them for the gift and told them what I need...but they keep sending these love items. I don't want to be rude but don't know what to do with them? Any suggestions?

jimboser
08-26-13, 06:34 AM
Just store them in case the Love Shack and related quests are offered again in the future. As long as you aren't getting more than 20 gifts per day (the max limit), you aren't hurting anything by accepting.

Gardienn
08-26-13, 07:10 AM
I don't have the Valentine edition which I'm fine with. However, people keep sending me gifts of love wood, love stone, kissing dust and entwined seedlings. What do I do with those items? I have posted the gifts I need and even gone to those folks walls and thanked them for the gift and told them what I need...but they keep sending these love items. I don't want to be rude but don't know what to do with them? Any suggestions?

You can always post on your wall that you don't have the Love Shack and can't use valentine gifts, so please do not send them because you're not going to accept them for lack of usability. Then, if they still come, decline the gifts. Then the gifters won't enter your queue and won't get gifts back and you can concentrate on gifting people who are sensitive to your issue.

kudukuda
08-26-13, 08:08 AM
If i cant buy the love shack then why can my neighbours still gift me love stone and kissing dust? And why do they?

Gardienn
08-26-13, 08:09 PM
If i cant buy the love shack then why can my neighbours still gift me love stone and kissing dust? And why do they?

Because TeamLava did not change the gift options. They remain as they were when everyone had the Valentine Edition no matter if you came along after it was discontinued.

IDK why some neighbors still gift Valentine items. I figure they're ignorant about not everyone having the shack, do it on purpose to be jerks, or genuinely think they're doing a good thing, gifting "hard to get" items. You won't know unless you ask individuals when they gift them.

ghjvcucjb
08-26-13, 09:46 PM

This is just my two cents. Although the valentine edition is no longer available to new players, those players who started any of the valentine quests have the option and ability to complete them. Its probably a little more complicated for TL to figure out who is working on such and such goals so they can remove certain gifts only from other such and such players. Some people only play occasionally so may take a while to get through goals.

In my experience, Most people gift the things they need so if they are in the middle of a goal requiring pink stuff they gift that. Keep in mind that many many people don't read these forums and may not realize that the valentine edition they are playing is not being played by other people. They probably think everyone needs those gifts too.

Unless you play other TL games that include gifting abilities you may not understand how it works or proper etiquette. When I first started helping my DD with Pet Shop we sent candy every day because we thought it was so cute. It wasn't until I searched online and realized that there was an actual purpose to the gifting.

As far as the point another poster made about letting their nbr know that they don't need pink gifts...that's the best advice and if that nbr doesn't get it then just deny the gift and move on.

As for me, at this point I have no more workable goals (alicorn is just a myth), and am maxed out on pretty much everything so I've posted and encouraged all my nbrs to gift me whatever it is they need and I'll return it as gifts are useless to me at this point and I would like to help all my fabulous nbrs while I can!

Oliver118
08-27-13, 12:27 AM
Because TeamLava did not change the gift options. They remain as they were when everyone had the Valentine Edition no matter if you came along after it was discontinued.

IDK why some neighbors still gift Valentine items. I figure they're ignorant about not everyone having the shack, do it on purpose to be jerks, or genuinely think they're doing a good thing, gifting "hard to get" items. You won't know unless you ask individuals when they gift them.

It's a good way of earning pink items and storing them for next year. I don't know why, but for some reason an idea for Castle story: Christmas just popped into my head. I wonder how we could make it medieval related though. Maybe Medieval Santa?:D

jimboser
08-27-13, 08:04 AM
It's a good way of earning pink items and storing them for next year. I don't know why, but for some reason an idea for Castle story: Christmas just popped into my head. I wonder how we could make it medieval related though. Maybe Medieval Santa?:D

You said Medieval Santa, and the first thing I thought of were those stupid [] commercials with the Vikings. All I could think of was a Santa wearing holiday chain mail, a large mace at his hip, and launching toys from his winter fortress via catapult.

Maybe I've had too much caffeine this AM...