08-07-13, 02:08 PM
Okay thank you kwhales

That's a load of tips that I will definitely use

kwhales
08-07-13, 02:12 PM
Okay thank you kwhales

That's a load of tips that I will definitely use

You are welcome.

I haven't been listing my wins like I usually do because I am using dragons listed in the threads. So reading and paying attention does work. If I use a different dragon then one listed, I will post it.

Good luck to all.

lmac10
08-07-13, 02:15 PM
Update for my progress (I've taken it from round 8)
Round 8 - amethyst level 4 - poison level 7 MB ( magic barely took much bash took the rest)
Round 9 - mythic level 5 - light level 8 won BMM ( first bash did minimal next magic took nearly the rest about 5% left)
Round 10 - Topaz level 5 - Bat level 7 won MB ( magic did minimal damage first hit bash took the rest)
Round 11 - Night level 6 - Pegasus level 8 won BB ( first hit took 90%) * fuzzy lost to night but he may have been having a bad day.
Round 12 -Pegasus level 6 - planet level 7 won M ( one hit )
Round 13- Trickster level 7- Virtue level 8 won B (one hit)
Round 14- Mask level 7 - Pegasus level 8 won BM ( magic hit did bigger damage)

sunkalito
08-07-13, 02:21 PM
To sand and all the other helpful peeps, thanks!! I beat stone with my lvl 6 mermaid's bash :) and told my dad tp use forestfire against poison and he beat it in one bash too. More effective than the justice dragon i used lol.

Still the99th pearl is amiss. The game gives me the victory but does not say how many pearls i got. I check in storage and have 99. This time i went rushing and crafted leviathan, but right afterwards the game processed and leviathanwas no longer crafting...

sand
08-07-13, 02:22 PM
Guide for Fighting Phoenix Tournament Rounds 21-25

See my earlier posts for Rounds 1-10 and 11-20 to see how my color guide works.

21. Kitsune: use S/X - blk gem ftl trsr
22. Goblin: use S/X - blu stn whi cos rnbw
23. Leviathan: use S/X - yel yel blu pur gem rnbw
24. Lightning: use S/X - pnk blk blk gem cos ftl zod
25. Night Elf: use S/X - grn whi cos rnbw

Rounds 21-26: Welcome to the deep waters. You are literally in over your head but, still, there's a system. You are still getting points for level, but less with each passing round. Every champion is now at a level disadvantage, but you still want to fight with top levels if you can, so that you fall into the upper ranks.
Here's how rank is assigned to champions fighting in rounds 21-25:
Challenger 12: Champions 9-10 are Rank A, 7-8 are Rank B, 5-6 are Rank C, 1-4 are Rank D.
Challenger 14: Champions 9-10 are Rank A, 7-8 are Rank B, 1-6 are Rank C.
Challenger 16: Champions 9-10 are Rank A, 1-8 are Rank B.
Notice that the ranks are closing as challenger levels increase? That means that if you don't have level 9 or 10 champions to enter against a level 16, for example, it makes no difference whether your second-best choice is a level 8, a level 4, or a level 1!
Odds of winning are much lower due to your level disadvantage, so if you have epic or level 9 super-rares, unbreedables and retirees with the right colors, NOW is the time to unleash them. DON'T SAVE THEM FOR ROUNDS 26-30. DON'T!

Upcoming guide for those final rounds will explain why. (wicked chuckle)

lollipop_rp
08-07-13, 02:30 PM
Rounds 21-26: Welcome to the deep waters. You are literally in over your head but, still, there's a system. You are still getting points for level, but less with each passing round. Every champion is now at a level disadvantage, but you still want to fight with top levels if you can, so that you fall into the upper ranks.
Here's how rank is assigned to champions fighting in rounds 21-25:
Challenger 12: Champions 9-10 are Rank A, 7-8 are Rank B, 5-6 are Rank C, 1-4 are Rank D.
Challenger 14: Champions 9-10 are Rank A, 7-8 are Rank B, 1-6 are Rank C.
Challenger 16: Champions 9-10 are Rank A, 1-8 are Rank B.
Notice that the ranks are closing as challenger levels increase? That means that if you don't have level 9 or 10 champions to enter against a level 16, for example, it makes no difference whether your second-best choice is a level 8, a level 4, or a level 1!
Odds of winning are much lower due to your level disadvantage, so if you have epic or level 9 super-rares, unbreedables, and retirees with the right colors, NOW is the time to unleash them. DON'T SAVE THEM FOR ROUNDS 26-30. DON'T!

Upcoming guide for those final rounds will explain why. (wicked chuckle)

Your post is like a novel I'm reading. Lol.

Anyways, by unbreedables and retirees, do u mean dragons like valentines day, Halloween, etc?

nbella1414
08-07-13, 02:31 PM
Who did he lose to? Were you using Bash or Magic? Just curious, as I was planning on putting Pegasus against Night for my next battle :/

He lost to both Night and Mask. I used M and B and he failed miserably. He was a lot stronger in the YY tourney but I'm done using him for this one. But it may work for you still.

wolftiger1234
08-07-13, 02:31 PM
Lvl 10 flower beat lvl 7 trickster with one bash. Like BAM!! :)

Kami365
08-07-13, 02:33 PM
Round 13 win battle against trickster Lv 7 with Virtue Lv 9,used bash / bash to finished it.Good Luck to all.

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 02:45 PM
He lost to both Night and Mask. I used M and B and he failed miserably. He was a lot stronger in the YY tourney but I'm done using him for this one. But it may work for you still.

Gah! Just lost Pegasus to Night, BMM, no luck...what do you all suggest next? Pearl, Quetzal, Griffin...???

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 03:03 PM
Round 13: Trickster defeated by Kite B

merdragon
08-07-13, 03:13 PM
Did you have 98, win 2, and have your inventory updated to 99?

Did you have 98, win 2, and have your inventory updated to 99?

Thanks so much for looking into this Jack. I waited so long for the Leviathan, really look forward to crafting it.

I started tournament with 98 pearls.
Up to Round 5, I had no pearl for any win. Popup Rewards didn't display any pearl. Emailed Support quoting last tournament ticket (984958) , and posted here.
Won Round 6, about 8 hours ago, Popup Rewards displayed 1 Pearl. I view Inventory, and it displayed 99 (photo here). However, the game synced by itself straight away (with fruitful Popup), and Inventory reset back to 98.
I was so sad, went to bed. Just woke up and played round 7.
Just won Round 7, Popup Rewards didn't display any pearl and inventory stays at 98 pearls.

Please please look into this, I want my Leviathan, was hoping to use it to battle in this tournament!

I am off to work now, will try to check forum and my email. Will try the game, but it drops out often as it on iPad and I get wifi from tethering my iPhone.

Thanks again, Jack.

lollipop_rp
08-07-13, 03:20 PM
Yup this tip worked

✔Round 6 - Stone level 3 - Aurora lv 8 won MB (magic took 90% bash did rest)

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 03:21 PM
My Tiny 10 lost to Mythic5 in round9 !
Will try Light next . Hmm I am getting it bad.

sand
08-07-13, 03:25 PM
Your post is like a novel I'm reading. Lol.

Anyways, by unbreedables and retirees, do u mean dragons like valentines day, Halloween, etc?

Yes, unbreedables are dragons that cannot be obtained via the den. You have to win (e.g. Hammerhead), craft (e.g. Lotus) or buy (e.g. Midas) them.
Retirees are dragons that have been removed (e.g. Witch, Quetzal). Regardless of whether they are labelled rare or ultra rare, all unbreedable and retired dragons are scored as super rares during battle. Quetzal is the one dragon that gets downgraded as a result of this.

lmac10
08-07-13, 03:25 PM
Round 8 - amethyst level 4 - poison level 7 MB ( magic barely took much bash took the rest)
Round 9 - mythic level 5 - light level 8 won BMM ( first bash did minimal next magic took nearly the rest about 5% left)
Round 10 - Topaz level 5 - Bat level 7 won MB ( magic did minimal damage first hit bash took the rest)
Round 11 - Night level 6 - Pegasus level 8 won BB ( first hit took 90%) * fuzzy lost to night but he may have been having a bad day.
Round 15 - Samurai level 8 - Virtue level 8 won MM (first magic took 90%) * please note on this one I only used virtue to see if it could be done so I could put it as an alternative for players who may not have a lot of hybrids and those on android. Sands advice you may want to take note of as better options for this round could be Lightning (for IOS players who have it) or Kite for android users etc

nbella1414
08-07-13, 03:37 PM
Just won my 15th battle and got 5 gold. Woo hoo! I can't believe I'm halfway done already. I was down to the last couple hours last time!

sand
08-07-13, 03:39 PM
Guide for Fighting Phoenix Tournament Rounds 26-30

See my earlier posts for Rounds 1-10, 11-20 and 21-25 for how this kind of guide works.

26. Crusader: use U - yel blu stn diam
27. Helios: use U - whi pnk ftl dino diam
28. Dark Angel: use U - grn whi cos rnbw diam
29. Diamond: use U - diam
30. Phoenix: use S/X - yel pnk blk cos stn

Take several deep breaths for the 60 minutes that it takes them to clean the blood, beer and popcorn out of the arena before they open the gates again. This is the end game, and it gets interesting.
The reason I have round 26 in this group is that it features the first of four diamond-type challengers. Ultra-rare champions are best for 2 reasons:
(i) diamond is the only element that gains points against a challenger's diamond. Curiously, it doesn't work in reverse - the challenger's diamond element does NOT score points against your champion's diamond. That's why diamond is not weeded out in the guide.
(ii) the difference in rarity points between ultras and supers is greater than the difference between supers and commons. If at all possible, fight ultra-rare challengers with your own ultras for both the color points and rarity points.
Chances of victory in rounds 26-29 are sickeningly low, but you will not give in to that. If you have no diamond types, attack the diamond hybrid's second color, using S/X rarity. Strangely enough, you have a peculiar opportunity which I?ll explain shortly.
As explained in my last post, champions against Crusader 16 will fall into 2 ranks: Rank A for champions at levels 9-10, and Rank B for levels 1-8.
However, CHAMPIONS AGAINST CHALLENGERS AT LEVELS 18-20 ARE ALL IN THE SAME RANK! That?s right - because all your champions are out***ned by at least 8 levels, you get a big fat ZERO for whatever level you use, whether it's epic or a wee hatchling. Unlike color scoring, there is no negative score for level. You've hit the floor of the pit and now you can get down and dirty.
It's ALL about color and rarity from here on out, and you can march even your youngest dragons out there and bust some high-level tails. Oh, sweet revenge!
Dial the rarity back to S/X for round 30 and tell Phoenix to pucker up and kiss those sweet baby cheeks!

lollipop_rp
08-07-13, 03:46 PM
Thanks for this sand!
It really helps (yet I'm still on one of your first posts since I just finished round six)
But it'll definitely help in a few rounds

sunkalito
08-07-13, 03:46 PM
My level 3 baby Boo beat the cosmic. Thanks sand :) still no 99th pearl for me...

belbar22
08-07-13, 03:50 PM
Thanks to everyone for posting all their battle results and in particular to sand for her excellent guide.

For those who don't have black hybrids my pearl 10 lost to Topaz but my lotus 10 beat it with 1 magic.

10 battles now completed thanks to everyone's advice and now I am off to bed. Happy battling everybody

J_blaze
08-07-13, 03:54 PM
Has anyone had any problems with their tournament progress being reset? I was on round 8 like a hour ago but now I'm back at 1 for some odd reason. :confused:

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 04:00 PM
I've now lost Pegasus AND Pearl to Night...help! I can't be stuck on Round 11...so many more to go! :/

MariaVamp
08-07-13, 04:01 PM
Bugs, bugs everywhere....

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 04:04 PM
Round 14: Mask defeated by Pegasus MMM

mrarfan
08-07-13, 04:19 PM
Round 15 - Samurai level 8 - Virtue level 8 won MM (first magic took 90%) * please note on this one I only used virtue to see if it could be done so I could put it as an alternative for players who may not have a lot of hybrids and those on android. Sands advice you may want to take note of as better options for this round could be Lightning (for IOS players who have it) or Kite for android users etc

Thnxs! Your Round 13 tip helped me but I used LV10 Virtue MBM!

lmac10
08-07-13, 04:21 PM
Round 16 - Super level 8 - Trickster level 8 won BMB (this was a close match for me, again just trying to throw in some mainstream alternatives, if you have other dragons that people have used they may be better?)

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 04:21 PM
hi guys it is possible to win tournament even if i dont have a diamond dragons???

mrarfan
08-07-13, 04:24 PM
hi guys it is possible to win tournament even if i dont have a diamond dragons???

I'm not sure...I dont have a Diamond but I'm at Round 14 now....

kwhales
08-07-13, 04:38 PM

Yes. I am on round 11 and have not used a diamond hybrid yet. Every dragon has an alternate that can be used.

I got pounded by Topaz. Took my night and moon (don't have DA or Bat). My Virtue took him out with one magic.

finnth12
08-07-13, 04:40 PM
I lost Pegasus and fuzzy to Night also, then I used cosmic lvl10 with bash and magic. bash gave big damage, magic did the rest. Good luck.

mrarfan
08-07-13, 04:40 PM
Round 14: Mask defeated by Pegasus MMM

What level?

finnth12
08-07-13, 04:41 PM
I've now lost Pegasus AND Pearl to Night...help! I can't be stuck on Round 11...so many more to go! :/

I lost Pegasus and fuzzy to Night also, then I used cosmic lvl10 with bash and magic. bash gave big damage, magic did the rest. Good luck.

samalex0307
08-07-13, 04:45 PM
Help. I've lost aether and amethyst lvl 10s to lvl 7 cosmic. Suggestions?
Thanks

lmac10
08-07-13, 04:46 PM

Im trying to post my progress without using a diamond or ultimate attacks so I guess we will see about to head into round 17, no diamonds needed so far

lmac10
08-07-13, 04:47 PM
Thanks

I used a level 7 poison good luck

sunkalito
08-07-13, 04:59 PM
Im trying to post my progress without using a diamond or ultimate attacks so I guess we will see about to head into round 17, no diamonds needed so far

Thank you also <3 :)

My hunter beat amethyst. So 10 matches, 8 victories. Going better than when i got yin yang, i kept losing back then :( will try more tomorrow. But this schedule seems unfair. I noticed i had the tournament at about 2AM GMT time, timer read 7 days. I played a match. On the morning of the following day (august 7th is still "today" to me, even though it's 1AM on aug.8th right now xD) the timer read 6 days. Lol.

sunkalito
08-07-13, 05:00 PM
Thank you also <3 :)

My hunter beat amethyst. So 10 matches, 8 victories. Going better than when i got yin yang, i kept losing back then :( will try more tomorrow. But this schedule seems unfair. I noticed i had the tournament at about 2AM GMT time, timer read 7 days. I played a match. On the morning of the following day (august 7th is still "today" to me, even though it's 1AM on aug.8th right now xD) the timer read 6 days. Lol.

When i got yin yang TOURNAMENT, obviously, because i never managed to win more than 10 battles before it ended. Tragic!

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 05:01 PM

I never did get Cosmic...not for lack of trying though, lol. Guess I'll try Fuzzy next. Night has officially taken out my Pegasus, Pearl, and Quetzal now :(

kwhales
08-07-13, 05:01 PM
Thanks

I used epic poison and won.

kwhales
08-07-13, 05:02 PM
I never did get Cosmic...not for lack of trying though, lol. Guess I'll try Fuzzy next. Night has officially taken out my Pegasus, Pearl, and Quetzal now :(

Go with basic Forest.

koiju
08-07-13, 05:03 PM
I used a level 7 poison good luck

Level 7 Coral - magic did 1/3 damage, bash for the win

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 05:04 PM
Go with basic Forest.

Forest or Dawntree? Magic or Bash? Thanks, K!!

Shylore
08-07-13, 05:04 PM
I've gone two rounds and gotten nothing, stuck at 99 pearls.

lmac10
08-07-13, 05:05 PM

If fuzzy doesn't work and you have an Atlantis or Caesar that are at an ok level they may be worth a shot. Good luck

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 05:06 PM
Round 15: Samurai defeated by Lightning MM. Got 5 gold--woohoo!! :)

kwhales
08-07-13, 05:06 PM

Just battles night and used my epic forest. Magic pretty much took him out, bash just finished him.

lmac10
08-07-13, 05:07 PM

99 pearls is your storage capacity it won't go any higher. unfortunately mine is still stuck on 98 haven't had a reward apart from gold for 6 rounds

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 05:07 PM

You can't have more than 99 of anything in storage.

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 05:08 PM
Just battles night and used my epic forest. Magic pretty much took him out, bash just finished him.

Woot! Thanks, K! You rock!! I'll try again on my next round :)

dani8411
08-07-13, 05:10 PM
I'm having the same problem that merdragon is having.
I had 88 or 86 pearls before the tournament...then I won some and got 98 pearls. Today the whole day I won about 6 battles and it happened the same thing everytime:
Got the 99 pearls, tried crafting the dragon, then got the fruitful pop-up, the game was synced and I was back to 98 pearls
What should I do?

litab16
08-07-13, 05:13 PM
The exact same thing has happened to me three times now. This last time the timer even started and then the game synced and I'm back to 98.

Lita

I'm having the same problem that merdragon is having.
I had 88 or 86 pearls before the tournament...then I won some and got 98 pearls. Today the whole day I won about 6 battles and it happened the same thing everytime:
Got the 99 pearls, tried crafting the dragon, then got the fruitful pop-up, the game was synced and I was back to 98 pearls
What should I do?

kwhales
08-07-13, 05:16 PM
Forest or Dawntree? Magic or Bash? Thanks, K!!

Forest. Magic first, it did the majority of the work, Bash just finished him off.

kwhales
08-07-13, 05:18 PM
I find that when you are dealing with green element attack weapons or whatever they are called, magic attack really has a major effect on the opponent. They don't seem to like the weeds at their feet. So I always start with Magic when Green Element is involved.

lmac10
08-07-13, 05:22 PM
Round 16 - Super level 8 - Trickster level 8 won BMB (this was a close match for me, again just trying to throw in some mainstream alternatives, if you have other dragons that people have used they may be better?)
Round 17 - Fireworks level 9 - Genie level 8 won BMM (magic did more damage) *This was a gamble pick based on colours for strength because my lightning is in the den with a titan :( so if you have a lightning or kite I would try those first :D

Kami365
08-07-13, 05:28 PM
Round 14 win battle against Mask Lv 7 with Pegasus Lv 9, used Magic damage 10% Bash damage 90%.Good Luck to all.

godofsparkle
08-07-13, 05:28 PM
You can't have more than 99 of anything in storage.

My lotus blossom was 118 before.

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 05:56 PM
Round 9 Mythic5. Lightning 10 did it
Round 10 Topaz5. Night Elf8 Bashed it twice.

Sometimes Bash works n other times Magic. No fixed rule it seems, in each fight.

lollipop_rp
08-07-13, 05:59 PM
I haven't lost any battles yet due to the help of this forum

Thank you everyone for posting combos and tips!

Btw, I'm only on round 7 but I don't mind

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 06:01 PM

Yay!!! I finally defeated Night with Epic Forest, MMM...it was close one! Thought I wasn't going to make it, but I did :) Now to move on...

Thebeautifi
08-07-13, 06:07 PM
I need some help with Trickster. I tried Virtue twice and lost both times. Any other suggestions?

sand
08-07-13, 06:14 PM
Why didn't my friend's successful combo work for me?
I've beaten this common dragon before at level 14. Why am I losing to it at level 3 when I'm using an epic super rare?!
Why doesn't the better dragon always win?

Players are often befuddled and frustrated by what seem like totally random and senseless results. Well it's not totally random, nor is it totally logical. It's an interesting blend of both. The logic part you can control. The randomness is completely out of your hands, unless?
Well, let's step back and look at how the randomness works hand in hand with the logic before we throw our hands up and surrender our gold.

THE ROLL
Every time your champion attacks, it rolls digital dice to determine what impact the attack will have. Now with a regular cubic dice (yeah, I know dice is plural, but whatever), you have six sides, and there's a chance of 1 in 6 that you'll roll the number you want. But imagine a polygon of not 6 sides, but 100. But what is on each of those 100 sides is not dots but a marking for the type of attack impact.
There are 3 kinds of impact your champion can deliver:
Total Damage marked as TD (Touch-down!) strips 100 percent of challenger's health
Massive Damage marked as MD (Medic!) strips at least 60 percent of challenger's health
Ordinary Damage marked as OD (Oh dear!) strips up to 33 percent of challenger's health
So what determines whether your champion's roll will land a TD, MD or OD? That largely depends on how many sides are marked with each, and THAT depends on you.
THE PAYOFF
If you pick any old dragon and choose the Ultimate attack, all 100 sides of the digital dice will be marked TD and you are guaranteed to win because the roll can only bring one result. Easy. Logical. 30 gold.
THE UMM... DOH!
If you pick the worst possible dragon - one that fights with all losing colors, maximum level disadvantage and common against an ultra, you may have all 100 sides marked ND, and your roll on each Bash or Magic will strip the challenger of no more than 33 percent of its health with each attack. You lose. Logical. Bad dragon.
But in most battles, you'll be somewhere in between those two extremes.
THE GAMBLE
If you pick an excellent champion that chalks up the kind of score that gives it an 85 percent chance of winning, 85 sides of the dice will be marked MD and 15 sides will be OD. (None will be marked TD.) Picture the dice rolling. With 100 sides, it's almost round and can't really be read from the top. Imagine a sensor on the tabletop that reads the side that the dice lands on. With 85 of 100 sides marked MD, there's a very good chance that the dice will land on one, and your Bash or Magic will strip 60 percent or more of the challenger's health so that even if your other 2 attacks roll an OD, you will still win. Can you lose? Sure. There are 15 sides marked OD and you just might be unlucky enough to land on one of those on all 3 rolls. Here logic in dragon choice is on your side, but randomness can sneak in on the roll and ruin it for you.
THE HUNCH
If you're picking champions on a gut feeling rather than logic, there's no telling how many sides of the dice will read MD and how many will read OD, so when you play that way, expect things to seem terribly random. The very best match up offers your champion a 90 percent chance of victory. That means 10 sides out of 100 will be marked OD. That's why the very best champion can sometimes lose against a lame challenger.

So it?s largely up to you to determine how many MD sides are marked. The more colors you beat with matching or better rarity than the challenger plus the highest level you can enter, the more of those MD sides will factor into your roll.
ROLL WITH IT, BABY!

alyssafriends
08-07-13, 06:16 PM
I need some help with Trickster. I tried Virtue twice and lost both times. Any other suggestions?

Flower had no problem beating it for me. MB

mrarfan
08-07-13, 06:22 PM
Is this a bug or what? I had to re-battle Round 13 again! :(
PonyRoar? A bug?

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 06:22 PM
Round 16: Super beaten by Seabreeze M

mrarfan
08-07-13, 06:23 PM

I used Light LV10 MBM! (I had to do that twice for no reason)

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 06:28 PM
If you pick an excellent champion that chalks up the kind of score that gives it an 85 percent chance of winning, 85 sides of the dice will be marked MD and 15 sides will be OD. (None will be marked TD.)

None? I've had TD lots of times.

Kami365
08-07-13, 06:49 PM
Round 15 Virtue Lv 9 lost battle against Samurai Lv 8 ,I used MBB, doesn't worked,any advice ? Thanks

lmac10
08-07-13, 06:51 PM
Round 15 Virtue Lv 9 lost battle against Samurai Lv 8 ,I used MBB, doesn't worked,any advice ? Thanks

Origami has worked too i believe

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 06:52 PM
me too i also tried virtue but lost... need some help with round 13????

faeriedust
08-07-13, 06:54 PM

Sand's guide first colors are yellow pink pink -> try lightning/kite? unless you already did

Any suggestions for Mask? I don't have pegasus and fuzzy just lost. Could Caesar work?

loopylee1968
08-07-13, 06:56 PM
I am totally confused with the battling. I seem to lose more than i win even.

lmac10
08-07-13, 06:58 PM
Sand's guide first colors are yellow pink pink -> try lightning/kite? unless you already did

Any suggestions for Mask? I don't have pegasus and fuzzy just lost. Could Caesar work?

Hunter could work if you have it? Id try that first if not I have heard of Atlantis winning

faeriedust
08-07-13, 07:02 PM
Oh wow, well Caesar 6 beat Mask (MB+++) magic did almost no damage, worried me for a moment.
Not sure if I should recommend though, apparently yellow is weak against both black and pink. But if you have no other options (pegasus is used often, see above lmac's post too), try Caesar.

Thanks anyways lmac for the suggestions :)

Thebeautifi
08-07-13, 07:08 PM
me too i also tried virtue but lost... need some help with round 13????

I ended up trying Night and won with Magic :rolleyes:

devdivi27
08-07-13, 07:15 PM
Flower(8) beat mask dragon just with one bash!!!! Yeay!

keeli84
08-07-13, 07:16 PM
This is another dragon that was 1st used in MS. Not complaining. The two are fairly different but both pretty cool. I actually think the one in MS looks more like what I picture a Phoenix as looking like though. I guess they had to make the DS one more dragon like.

merdragon
08-07-13, 07:23 PM
The exact same thing has happened to me three times now. This last time the timer even started and then the game synced and I'm back to 98.

Lita

PLAYERS WITH 98 PEARLS PROBLEM

Hi all,

I think Jack Storm (TL) fixed it ?!?!?

Or just my luck...

I started tournament with 98 pearls. Pleas go back to page 27 for my previous post.
I have just won Round 10. The Rewards didn't display any pearl, but I 'View' anyway. I saw 99 pearls, so straight away went to Spell shop and craft the Leviathan.

Now, I had 99 pearls sporadically when I viewed, but the game would automatically synced straight away and reset it to 98... Grrrrr....

This time, I am tethering via my phone so wifi not too good... I think I was quicker than the auto-synced and managed to go to spellshop and craft leviathan before the auto synced happened...

So this is my theory...

Jack Storm, if you are reading this, please let other '98 pearls' players know what's going on. There will be more getting 98 pearls as the tournament rolls on... Thanks, Jack.

Good luck with your '98 pearls'... And fingers crossed for me that my crafting won't disappear next sync ...

And, good luck with tournament, too xoxox

nbella1414
08-07-13, 07:26 PM
My Gold just lost to Treasure. It is the dragon with the highest %chance of winning. Idk what else to try... Any ideas?

lmac10
08-07-13, 07:30 PM
Round 17 - Fireworks level 9 - Genie level 8 won BMM (magic did more damage) *This was a gamble pick based on colours for strength because my lightning is in the den with a titan so if you have a lightning or kite I would try those first
Round 18 - Medusa level 9 or 10 - Origami Level 8 won MM (first magic hit did small damage, second magic did the rest) * I would have used Justice normally but he is questing so if you have Justice I would use that first?
Round 19 - Treasure level 10 - Air lv 10 won MB (magic did little for me and bash finished it off)

*It's definitely getting tougher out there Good luck

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 07:36 PM
Round 17: Fireworks defeated by Honeybee MMM

lmac10
08-07-13, 07:36 PM
My Gold just lost to Treasure. It is the dragon with the highest %chance of winning. Idk what else to try... Any ideas?

I take everything into consideration on these lol, I tried Honeybee which is supposed to be a better chance against Gold out of the dragons i would try and it lost so I put in Epic Air and won with MB.

sharowend
08-07-13, 07:40 PM
Thebeautifi, I beat Trickster with Lv 7 Ying Yang.

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 07:48 PM
i finally beat trickster in round 13.. with Epic Dawntree MBM its was so close yiheee....

Kami365
08-07-13, 07:52 PM

Thank you faeriedust,your/Sand advice worked,just beat Samurai Lv 8 with Lightning Lv 9 only one Bash finished it.Thank you all of your help.

Kami365
08-07-13, 07:58 PM
Round 15 win battle against Samurai Lv 8 with Lightning Lv 9,used only one Bash finished it completely.Thank you to all.

Kami365
08-07-13, 08:16 PM
Any advice which combo beat Super Lv 8 ? Thank you.

lmac10
08-07-13, 08:20 PM

I used Trickster but I know origami and kite have worked too.

nbella1414
I take everything into consideration on these lol, I tried Honeybee which is supposed to be a better chance against Gold out of the dragons i would try and it lost so I put in Epic Air and won with MB.

Thanks. Air is in the breeding den. I used Gold again and it won with one Magic. Go figure. :-)

sand
Treasure & Diamond are troublesome targets because they don't offer enough color weaknesses.
Yes, Gold was THE dragon for the job. The best you can do without her is a super rare yellow (but NOT yellow-purple or yellow-pink).

nbella1414
08-07-13, 08:21 PM
I used Trickster but I know origami and kite have worked too.

I used Lightening. It has been the MVP for me so far.

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 08:22 PM

So far I've seen Seabreeze, M+++ and Genie BMM, but Kite, Lightning, Trickster, and Topaz might be good tries as well. Good luck! I've got it coming up in a few battles *nervous*

devdivi27
08-07-13, 08:22 PM
Samurai - virtue(8) MBB

mrarfan
08-07-13, 08:23 PM

I beat Mask with Epic Atlantis! I forgot what attack but I think it was M!

rrr666999
08-07-13, 08:26 PM
help need pls, for Goblin, I used mismoth and ice cream and lost it.

nbella1414
08-07-13, 08:26 PM
Treasure & Diamond are troublesome targets because they don't offer enough color weaknesses.
Yes, Gold was THE dragon for the job. The best you can do without her is a super rare yellow (but NOT yellow-purple or yellow-pink).

Thanks doll. I was hoping you'd have a suggestion before I was ready but I worked it out. :)

nbella1414
08-07-13, 08:28 PM

I would suggest trying Dream if you have it.

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 08:29 PM

I've seen people report beating Goblin with Atlantis BMB and Wizard BMM...looks like a Blue/Green or Blue/Purple combo is your best bet...do you have Aether, Dream, Mermaid, etc?

mrarfan
08-07-13, 08:31 PM
What's the easiest dragon to beat Samurai LV8? I don't have an Epic Lightning Dragon! Parakeet didn't work! :(

cityfan
08-07-13, 08:39 PM
Anybody beaten Mask with a dragon other than Pegasus or a diamond hybrid? Don't have any of those. It just defeated my lvl10 Dawntree.

rrr666999
08-07-13, 08:41 PM
I would suggest trying Dream if you have it.

thank you so much for the help, will try it out :D

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 08:42 PM
What's the easiest dragon to beat Samurai LV8? I don't have an Epic Lightning Dragon! Parakeet didn't work! :(

2 people reported Virtue BBB and Virtue MMM

rrr666999
08-07-13, 08:42 PM
I've seen people report beating Goblin with Atlantis BMB and Wizard BMM...looks like a Blue/Green or Blue/Purple combo is your best bet...do you have Aether, Dream, Mermaid, etc?

thank you so much, have all the dragons, will try it out :D

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 08:43 PM
Anybody beaten Mask with a dragon other than Pegasus or a diamond hybrid? Don't have any of those. It just defeated my lvl10 Dawntree.

Flower B+++, Quetzal MM, and Atlantis M have been reported wins against Mask

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 08:43 PM
Round 18: Medusa defeated by Chocolate M

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 08:44 PM

Oh! And someone reported a win against Mask with Caesar MB++ as well

sand
08-07-13, 08:48 PM
None? I've had TD lots of times.

TD is the 100 percent guaranteed win you get with Ultimate attack. It's not the same as the single-attack win you get with Bash or Magic. When a Bash or Magic does 100 percent damage, it's still an MD, which is any non-Ultimate attack that strips 60 percent health or more. The dice has to mark these differently and treat them differently since the Bash or Magic is subject to chance and variable degree while the Ultimate is not.

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 09:01 PM
Round 11.
Epic Pegasus lost to Night! Epic Light whacked it with one Bash.
Krazy!
Round 12 : I face Pegasus. I'm thinking ! Red n Blue will try.

Dragonnat
Trying to battle Mask. Mask has defeated Pegasus, Naga & dawn tree. Any suggestions? I don't have Caesar. Thanks

devdivi27
Super - seabreeze(7) MBB

Kami365
08-07-13, 09:03 PM
Round 16 win battle against Super Lv 8 with Lightning Lv 9 used Bash/Bash damage completely. Thank you Sand & Sunnybabi1986.

Kami365
08-07-13, 09:05 PM
So far I've seen Seabreeze, M+++ and Genie BMM, but Kite, Lightning, Trickster, and Topaz might be good tries as well. Good luck! I've got it coming up in a few battles *nervous*

Thank you sunnybabi1986, I win battle against Super Lv 8 with Lightning Lv 9, used Bash / Bash damaged completely.Thank you!

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 09:07 PM
Round 11.
Epic Pegasus lost to Night! Epic Light whacked it with one Bash.
Krazy!

nbella1414
08-07-13, 09:07 PM
Epic Lotus beat Big Bad with 2 Magics. Onto the last 10!!

faeriedust
08-07-13, 09:15 PM

Athletic 6 worked for me against Pegasus MB.
But Lightning lost to super :/ bad luck I guess

moostermine
08-07-13, 09:17 PM
Looking into the 98 Pearls issue, will report back

Why not just change the number of Pearls required to craft Leviathan to 98?

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 09:18 PM
i beat mask in round 14 with epic Fire (M only) just 1 move knockout

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 09:34 PM
Thank you sunnybabi1986, I win battle against Super Lv 8 with Lightning Lv 9, used Bash / Bash damaged completely.Thank you!

Hooray! Good to know, I'll be up against Super tomorrow morning, hopefully I'll have the same luck :)

R081Nchan
08-07-13, 09:40 PM
Bat (7) vs Topaz (5) use M
Pegasus (10) vs Night (6) use M
Mirage (10) vs Pegasus (6) use M
Parakeet (10) vs Trickster (7) use M
Quetzal (10) vs Mask (7) use MB
Origami (10) vs Samurai (8) use MB
Origami (10) vs Super (8) use M
Elf (10) vs Fireworks (9) use MB
Crusader (10) vs Medusa (9) use M
Elf (10) vs Treasure (10) use MB (try to use Diamond but lost)

So far Aether, Origami n Elf are strong fighter

mrarfan
08-07-13, 09:48 PM
TL! My brother had to restart the tournament for no reason! What happened? While mine was going perfectly! (Beat Samurai with Virtue LV10 One Magic hit)

mrarfan
08-07-13, 09:48 PM
2 people reported Virtue BBB and Virtue MMM

Thnxs! I already beat it with Virtue LV10 with a Single Magic attack! :)

DragonsL60
08-07-13, 10:01 PM
Need help for Medusa 9. I don't have Justice, Origami, or Diamonds.

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 10:02 PM
i beat samurai round 15 with my Fire level 9... MM

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 10:03 PM

read sand post for more information to how to beat that...

Kami365
08-07-13, 10:04 PM
Round 17 win battle against Fireworks Lv 9 with epic Cosmic used Bash / Bash finished him.

cakeandpie

Do you have Chocolate? I have twice defeated Medusa with Chocolate with just one M.

Aurry
So.. Battle results are..

Round 1 - forest 1 - Air 10 B
Round 2 - water 2 - Air 10 BB
Round 3 - light 2 - Air 10 BB
Round 4 - winter 2 - Eagle 8 MBB
Round 5 - poison 3 - Life 10 BM
Round 6 - stone 3 - Island 8 MBB
Round 7 - cosmic 3 - Pegasus 6 BM
Round 8 - amethyst 4 - Familiar 7 B
Round 9 - Mythic 4 - Love 7 B

cakeandpie
08-07-13, 10:07 PM
Round 19: Treasure defeated by Elf BB

BTW--If you have Elf, it is VERY powerful against Treasure! In the course of all my battles and tournaments, I have put Elf up against Treasure 9 times, and Elf has beaten Treasure 8 of those times.

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 10:08 PM
i hope this is help you guys... it came from Stuckyz
Opponent -> beatable by (combo)
[] and {} and <> and || are level indicators

Aether[11]{12} -> Coral(M)[10], Elf(M){8}
Air[10]{11} -> Air(MBB)[10], Coral(MM){10}
Amathyst[11]{14} -> Diamond(MB){10}, Crusader(BM)[9](MBM)[6]
Angel[14] -> Mistmoth(MB)[7]
Anubis[14]{11} -> Infinity()[9](M), Pearl(){10}, Crusader(BB)
Athletic[12] -> Fairy(BB)[]
Atlas[10]{14}<13> -> Pearl(BM)[10], Coral(B){10}, Scorpion(M), Diamond(M), Crusader(BBM)<10>
Aurora[13] -> Bat()[10], Diamond(MB)

Boo[12]{13} -> Crusader(BB)[10], Life(BM){10}
Bubble[14]{10}<13> -> Coral(B){10}, Illusion(BBM)[8](BBM)<7>

Ceasar[13] -> Fruitful(), Crusader(MB)[9], Fairy(B)[]
Charm[10] -> Justice(M), Fairy()[10]
Chocolate[11]{13} -> Life(MBB){}, Firestorm(MB)[10], Angel(B), Ice Cream(BBM)[10]
Clockwork[13] -> Aether(MMB)[10]
Coral[13] -> Life(MB)[10]
Cosmic[11] -> Cosmic(B)[7], Unicorn(MB), Mask(MBB)[10]
Crusader[11]{13}<14> -> Fire(BB)[10], Coral(M), Mindvolt(MB){10}, Atlantis(B), Crusader(MM)<9>
Cupid[12] -> Firestorm(M)(MMM)[5]

Dark Angel[10] -> Light(BMB)[10]
Dawntree -> Laserlight(M)
Deep[10]{14} -> Firestorm(M)[10], Coral(B){10}
Diamond[10] -> Fairy(M), Aether(B), Trickster(BM)[10]
Dream[14] -> Bat(MBB)[10], Aether(MB)

Eagle[12]{13} -> Crusader(BM)[9](BM){9}
Easter[13]{10}<14> -> Atlandtis(M)[10], Diamond()[10], Crusader(BM)<9>, Zombie(MB){10}
Eclipse[10] -> Crusader(B), Laserlight, Athletic(BMM)[10]
Elf[13]{11}<10> -> Infinity()[9], Crusader(BM){9}, Laserlight(MMM)[10](M)<10>, Athletic(BMB)

Fairy[13] -> Aether(M)(MB), Crusader(BM)[9], Firestorm(B), Mask(MBM)
Familiar[12]{14} -> Life(BM)[10](BM){}
Fire[11]{12} -> Mist(MM)[9], Mindvolt(MM){9}
Fireworks[13]{11}<14> -> Fairy(MBB)[], Honeybee(M){4}(MMM), Mindvolt(M)<9>
Flower[11]{12} -> Crusader(B){9}, Athletic(BMM)[10]
Forest[10]{11} -> Laserlight(M)[10](MBM){3}, Justice(M), Fire(BM){10}
Forestfire[10]{13} -> Storm(M)[9], Mindvolt(BM){9}
Four-Leaf[11]{13} -> Crusader(BM){9}, Pumpkin(BM)[10]
Fruitful[13] -> Elf(MB), Mindvolt()[10]
Fuzzy[11]{14} -> Scarecrow(BM)[10], Crusader(MB){9}

Genie[14]{13} -> Life(MBM){10}, Forestfire(BMB)[10]
Goblin[14] -> Cupid(), Angel(M)[10]
Gold[14]{13} -> Landworm(M){10}, Atlantis(BB)[10]

Hammerhead[14] -> Atlas(M)[6]
Helios[14]{12}<13> -> Coral(M)[10], Firestorm(M){10}, Crusader(M)<9>
Honeybee[11]{14}<10> -> Clockwork(B), Mermaid(BM)[10], Crusader(MB){9}(M)<9>
Hunter[10]{14} -> Wild(B)[10](BM), Rose(MBM), Helios(MM), Bat(){9}
Hypnotic[7] -> Planet(BMM)[10]

Ice Cream[14] -> Landworm(M)[10], Forestfire(M), Diamond()
Illusion[12] -> Crusader(BMM)[9](B)[9], Dream(MMB)
Infinity[10]{11}<14> -> Wizard(M)[10], Crusader(BB), Diamond(MB){10}(BMM)<10>
Island[11] -> Witch(M), Mindvolt(M)[9](MB)

Justice[13] -> Unicorn(BM)[7], Mindvolt(M)[10]

Kite[11] -> Landworm(M)[10], Firestorm(BBB)

Landworm[11] -> Mermaid(B)[10], Crusader(MB)[6]
Laserlight[10] -> Coral(B)[10]
Leftheart[12] -> Mirage(B)(BB)[10], Coral(MBB)
Leopard[11]{13} -> Crusader(M){}, Fire(B)[10]
Leviathan[12]{11}<14> -> Planet(B), Coral(M)[10], Fruitful(M){10}, Clown(MB), Crusader(MB){9}(MMM)[9], Aurora

(BB)<10>
Life[11] -> Eagle(M)[10], Topaz()
Light[12]{10} -> Mercury(BB){10}, Pegasus(B)[6]
Lightning[13] -> Landworm(), Diamond(M)[10]
Lotus[14] -> Ruby()[9]
Love[13]{14}<11> -> Leftheart(M)<10>, Laserlight(BMM)[7], Mistmoth(BMB)[7](BB){7}
Luck[13]{14} -> Diamond(MB){10}(M)[]

Magic[11]{13} -> Diamond(MM)[10], Life(MM){10}, Wild(BB)
Mask[11] -> Fire(MB)[10], Dream(M)[10], Crusader(MB)[]
Medusa[13]{10} -> Crusader(M)[9], Life(BM){}
Mercury[14] -> Diamond(MB)[10], Justice(M)
Mermaid -> Easter()
Mindvolt[10]{14}<11> -> Fruitful(B)(MB){10}, Landworm(B)<10>, Peacock()[4]
Mirage[14] -> Origami(BB), Diamond(B)[10]
Mist[14] -> Origami()[10]
Mistmoth[11]{13} -> Landworm(B)[10], Diamond, Fairy(M){10}()[10]
Mythic[14]{13} -> Angel(M)[10], Fire(BMM){10}

Naga[11]{12}<13> -> Crusader(B)(BM)<9>, Dream()[10], Night(MB){10}, Scorpion(M)
Night[13]{11}<10> -> Passion(MMM){10}, Griffin(BMB)[10], Crusader(MB)<9>(MBM)<9>
Night Elf[12] -> Atlantis(B), Crusader(BB)[9]

Parakeet[14]{11}<12>|10| -> Ice Cream(BB){10}(BBB)||, Mirage(MBM)<10>(M), Fruitful(BMB)[10], Lightning(MM)
Passion[11] -> Life(M), Firework(), Laserlight(MM)[10]
Peacock[10]{12}<13> -> Parakeet(B)[10], Wild(MB){10}, Atlantis(BMM){10}(BMM)<10>, Crusader(MB)<9>
Pearl[13] -> Crusader(B)[9]
Pegasus[13]{12}<14> -> Scorpion(), Crusader(M)[9](BM)<9>, Landworm(M){10}, Laserlight(MM), Firestorm(MM)[10]
Planet[12] -> Crusader(M)[9], Justice (MM)
Poison[12] -> Wild(MBM)[10], Origami(BB)
Pumpkin[10]{13} -> Atlantis(M), Honeybee(B)[10], Justice(M), Diamond(BMM){10}

Quartz -> Honeybee(BB), Familiar(MBB)
Quetzal[12] -> Wild(B), Planet(B), Love, Crusader(B)[10], Diamond(BB)[10]

Rightheart[11]{14} -> Athletic(BB)[10], Mindvolt(MB){9}
Rose[13]{11}<12> -> Sapphire[10], Coral(M){10}, Mist(MM)<9>
Ruby[11]{14} -> Griffin(MB){10}, Scorpion(BB)[10], Helios(BB)

Samurai[14] -> Clown, Goblin(MB)[10]
Sapphire[12]{14} -> Fire(M)[10], Athletic(B), Eagle(B), Landworm(BB){10}
Saturn[11] -> Cosmic(BM)[7], Justice(M)
Scarecrow[13]{10} -> Honeybee(M)[10](BM)[10], Crusader(MM){9}
Scorpion -> Mist(B), Infinity()
Seabreeze -> Scorpion(B)
Serpent[11]{13}<12> -> Landworm(B)[10], Honeybee(MB)[10](BM){10}, Fairy(MBM){10}
Snowman[11]{14}<12> -> Island(B)[10], Life(MB)<10>, Leopard(M){10}
Storm[13]{12}<11> -> Origami(BBM)[10], Air(MB){10}, Fruitful(MB)<10>
Sunset -> Crusader(MB)
Sunrise -> Crusader(MB), Justice(B)
Super[12]{10} -> Leopard(){10}, Serpent()[10]

Tiny[14] -> Honeybee(BM)[]
Titan[14]{10} -> Leopard(BBM)[10], Serpent(BM){10}
Topaz[12]{13} -> Scarecrow(B){10}, Diamond()[10]
Treasure[13]{10} -> Gold, Elf()[7](B), Diamond(M){10}
Trickster[9]{14}<12>|11| -> Parakeet(B){10}, Forestfire(B)<10>, Diamond(M){10}, Crusader(M)|9|, Serpent[10]
Turkey[13]{11} -> Fruitful(MMB)[10], Storm(MMM)[9], Fairy(B){}
Tusker[11] -> Atlantis(M)[10], Planet()[7], Peacock(BM)[7]

Unicorn[13]{12} -> Planet()[10], Wild(M){10}, Crusader(MB)[10]

Virtue[13]{10} -> Aether(), Virtue(M), Honeybee(MB)[], Titan(M), Fire()[10], Night(M){10}

Water[11]{14}<12> -> Firestorm(MB){10}, Fairy(MBM), Life(BM)<10>, Atlantis(B)[10]
Wild[13]{11} -> Parakeet(M)[10], Laserlight(MM)[10], Diamond(MB){10}
Winter[12]{11} -> Fairy(M)[10], Coral(M){10}, Aether(MM)[10]
Witch[14] -> Crusader(BM)[9]
Wizard[12]{14}<13> -> Fruitful(BB)[10], Crusader(BM){9}, Elf(BM)<8>

Zombie[11]{13} -> Eagle()[8], Parakeet(M)[10], Easter(MB), Diamond(MBB){10}

faeriedust
08-07-13, 10:10 PM
Yay Super beaten by Trickster 6 MB++ :)
On to Fireworks

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 10:12 PM

I'm being nerdy and keeping a complete record of reported wins, right now I have reported as defeating Medusa(non Justic, Origami or Diamonds): Wild BMM, Virtue M+++, and Chocolate M+++

Other good options would be Dino, Flower, Kite, Lightning, Naga, Ruby, and Tiny

koiju
08-07-13, 10:15 PM
Round 17 - Fireworks level 9 - Genie level 8 won BMM (magic did more damage) *This was a gamble pick based on colours for strength because my lightning is in the den with a titan so if you have a lightning or kite I would try those first
Round 18 - Medusa level 9 or 10 - Origami Level 8 won MM (first magic hit did small damage, second magic did the rest) * I would have used Justice normally but he is questing so if you have Justice I would use that first?
Round 19 - Treasure level 10 - Air lv 10 won MB (magic did little for me and bash finished it off)

*It's definitely getting tougher out there Good luck

lmac - thanks so much for all your work, I use your recommendations as I don't have a diamond or hybrids yet. I only had a level 4 poison, which was defeated by amethyst, however level 7 hunter took amethyst out.

Kooky - when lmac has a complete list do you think this could also get moved to post 2 for us poor diamond poor caretakers??

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 10:16 PM
Yes thnx. Used Athletic 10 to beat Pegasus BM, since I have two of them. Got 4 injured dragons so far.

bumblejeep
08-07-13, 10:22 PM
I hope i can win this tournament even my only Epic dragon are---

Fire
Forest
Air
Athletic
Water
Magic
Light
Dawntree
Virtue
Forestfire
Life
Fruitfull
Landworm
Firestorm
Fairy
Eagle
Scorpion
Parakeet
Honeybee
Mist
Mindvolt
Charm
Coral
Familiar
Storm
Mirage

as of now im on round 16..

thanks to sand for your helpful tips.. i wish i can survive this... need more help in future...

cityfan
08-07-13, 10:27 PM
Flower B+++, Quetzal MM, and Atlantis M have been reported wins against Mask
B+++ does that mean Bash followed by Ultimate? Or just bashes in a row?

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 10:31 PM
For those of you coming up to rounds 15-30, I've compiled a list of reported wins so far...I'll go ahead and post them in case it helps anyone :) I'm only on 14, but I'm keeping track of what everyone else is reporting.

Round 15: Lvl 8 Samurai - Lightning: MM, M+++; Virtue: MM, M+++, BBB; Chocolate; Fire MM
Round 16: Lvl 8 Super - Seabreeze: M+++, MBB; Trickster: BMB, MB++; Lightning BB; Mindvolt
Round 17: Lvl 9 Fireworks - Lightning; Honeybee: MMM, M+++; Trickster: B+++, Genie: BMM; Air: BBM; Elf: MB
Round 18: Lvl 9 Medusa - Virtue: M+++; Crusader: M; Chocolate: M+++; Life: BM; Wild BMM; Justice
Round 19: Lvl 10 Treasure - Elf: B+++, MB, BB; Fairy: B+++; Air: MB; Topaz: B+++; Easter
Round 20: Lvl 10 Big Bad - Pegasus: BMM; Lotus: MM; Fireworks: BB, Scarecrow
Round 21: Lvl 12 Kitsune - Emerald: B+++; Lotus; Fairytale
Round 22: Lvl 12 Goblin - Wizard: BMM; Atlantis: BMB, BMM; Mermaid: BBB; Emerald: BBB
Round 23: Lvl 14 Leviathan - Wizard: M+++, MM, MMM; Parakeet: B+++; Seabreeze
Round 24: Lvl 14 Lightning - Lotus: BM; Aether, Diamond
Round 25: Lvl 16 Night Elf - Landworm: BM++; Witch: BB; Aurora: MBB; Caesar; Forestfire
Round 26: Lvl 16 Crusader - Diamond: BM; Mindvolt: M++M
Round 27: Lvl 18 Helios - Chocolate
Round 28: Lvl 18 Dark Angel - Crusader: BM
Round 29: Lvl 20 Diamond - RightHeart: MB; Landworm
Round 30: Lvl 20 Phoenix -

Obviously, this list is NOT comprehensive and is just something I threw together...I left out most of the diamond hybrids as I don't have them, so this is just my list of what I'm planning on using, but maybe it'll give some of you some additional options :)

faeriedust
08-07-13, 10:31 PM

I think people use the B+ or M++B combos (for example) to show which hit was stronger. In that case, B+++ would mean one bash KO

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 10:32 PM

+++ indicates a single hit win :)

++ indicates 70%+ damage in one hit

sunnybabi1986
08-07-13, 10:40 PM
My wins, Rounds 11-15:

Round 11: Lvl 6 Night - Lvl 10 Forest MMM (After losing Pegasus, Pearl, and Atlantis to Night)
Round 12: Lvl 6 Pegasus - Lvl 10 Athletic MB++
Round 13: Lvl 7 Trickster - Lvl 10 Virtue BBM
Round 14: Lvl 7 Mask - Lvl 10 Pegasus BB++
Round 15: Lvl 8 Samurai - Lvl 9 Lightning MM++

AraRaider
08-07-13, 10:52 PM
Hello all! I'm presently stuck on round 27, Helios. So far, Helios has defeated My Lvl. 10 Mercury, Lvl. 10 Dark Angel & Lvl. 10 Fairytale. If anyone has any suggestions to help me win, please let me know! Thanks!

buffmama
08-07-13, 10:53 PM

Thanks for this I just beat Pegasus using epic Athletic MB :)

AraRaider
08-07-13, 10:54 PM
I don't have chocolate or unicorn to defeat Helios so maybe a small handful of suggestions would be helpful, thanks!

lmac10
08-07-13, 10:55 PM
Update for my progress (sorry about the lateness work has been crazy today)
Round 20 - Big Bad - Goblin level 6 won MM (first hit not much but second time round took the rest)
Round 21 - Kitsune - Lotus level 6 won BM (bash not a lot of damage, magic finished it off)

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 10:58 PM
Round/13
I face Trickster. Purple/Yellow
Black Purple or Black Pink, Illusion or Mask is best I think.
Pink/Black strong against Yellow. Purple/Blue good against Purple.
Virtue n Lightning used by some.
Round/14
I will face Mask, Pink/Black.
Pink weak against Black. Black weak against Green, White, Cosmic. Moon or YY may be good too.
Fuzzy,Pegasus,Troll have a good chance too.

mrarfan
08-07-13, 11:08 PM
I've heard many people have problems with the Leviathan Pearls....I crafted the Leviathan Dragon! I then close the app and re-enter the game and it's crafting! :D

mrarfan
08-07-13, 11:10 PM
Yay Super beaten by Trickster 6 MB++ :)
On to Fireworks

I beated Super 8 with LV10 Topaz Dragon! Single Bash if I'm not mistaken! ^_^

Anyuszko
08-07-13, 11:25 PM
Sand, thank you for your fantastic guide :-)

Can you tell something about scoring of bash or magic ? Which one counts more and why ?

AraRaider
08-07-13, 11:26 PM
So much for Mythic being weak against pink, that's a bunch of bologna. So far Helios(on round 27) has defeated My: Mercury, Dark Angel, Big Bad and NOW my Virtue. All of these dragons I've used we're Lvl. 10. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some suggestions to help me defeat Helios??? I do not have chocolate or unicorn & so far those are the only ones I've seen that have defeated Helios so far. Please please please help!

mrarfan
08-07-13, 11:43 PM
So much for Mythic being weak against pink, that's a bunch of bologna. So far Helios(on round 27) has defeated My: Mercury, Dark Angel, Big Bad and NOW my Virtue. All of these dragons I've used we're Lvl. 10. CAN SOMEONE PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE give me some suggestions to help me defeat Helios??? I do not have chocolate or unicorn & so far those are the only ones I've seen that have defeated Helios so far. Please please please help!

When I look at the Dragon Story Battle Calculator on Wiki...The highest is the Angel Dragon (25% Success) and other Diamond Dragons....If you don't have Diamond Dragons...The next one is Chocolate Dragon which is only 10% success!

AraRaider
08-07-13, 11:47 PM
When I look at the Dragon Story Battle Calculator on Wiki...The highest is the Angel Dragon (25% Success) and other Diamond Dragons....If you don't have Diamond Dragons...The next one is Chocolate Dragon which is only 10% success!

Thanks for your kind comment, but the problem is I don't have angel dragon. just have dark Angel & he ****ed mine. Don't have chocolate either, nor do I have gold for special attack. :( Any other suggestions? :(

mrarfan
08-08-13, 12:00 AM
Thanks for your kind comment, but the problem is I don't have angel dragon. just have dark Angel & he ****ed mine. Don't have chocolate either, nor do I have gold for special attack. :( Any other suggestions? :(

I re-looked at the Battle Calculator and the Angel and Unicorn is the only strong ones which only has the percentage of 35% success while other Diamonds are 25%

R081Nchan
08-08-13, 12:04 AM
Round 20. Amethyst (10) vs Big Bad (10) use M+++ (one hits)

Dreamville2013
08-08-13, 12:18 AM
Stuck at round 25. Any ideas on Night Elf? Landworm 10 got defeated twice😾

Hope this list will help some of you:

Good luck!

Forest-Eagle 10
Water- Aether 10
Light-Aether 10
Winter- Aether 10 MB
Poison - Wild 10 BB
Stone - Aether 10 B
Cosmic - Aether 10 B
Amethyst- Tiny 3 BM
Mythic - Lotus8 M
Topaz- Ying Yang6 BM
Night- Pegasus 10 B
Pegasus- Mirage 8 MM
Trickster- Parakeet 10 BMM
Mask- Pegasus 10 B
Samurai- Lightning 9 M
Super-Lightning 9 M
Fireworks-Air 10 BM
Medusa-Wild 10 B
Treasure-Elf 10 BM
Big Bad-Lotus8 BM
Kitsune - Lotus 8 BM
Goblin - Mistmoth 10 M
Leviathan - Lightning 9BB
Lightning- Ying Yang 6 MB
Night elf -??

Dreamville2013
08-08-13, 12:26 AM
Just tried a third time. Did it with just 1 bash! Hooray!!

AraRaider
08-08-13, 12:31 AM

Yaaaaay! I decided to give Crusadera shot against Helios...and low and behold, with Magic first, the bash my mighty Lvl. 10 Crusader defeated that Pesky Helios! Rah Rah Rah! Only 3 more rounds left and then I'll have completed the Phoenix tournament! I'll be posting my detailed battling records the moment I complete the tournament!

sunkalito
08-08-13, 12:58 AM
So FINALLY GOT MY 99TH PEARL. Crafting leviathan. DEFEATED MYTHIC WITH big bag. AM CAPS LOCKING BECAUSE I AM HYSTERICAL, ha.
Like oh my God you guys i think i just got a diamond, holy asdasadgahsbkajshfoajnscjweoicnoew !!!!! Ihdibqiudwbcuwdqbijqbwibcjqiwd

iaweforfun
08-08-13, 01:01 AM
A level 2 winter dragon beat a level 10 aether. Game logic

rrr666999
08-08-13, 01:23 AM
Help pls got stuck with Lighting, used Ying Yang and lotus and lost the battle, I dont have dark angle , pls help <3

lmac10
08-08-13, 01:24 AM
Round 15 - Samurai level 8 - Virtue level 8 won MM (first magic took 90%) * please note on this one I only used virtue to see if it could be done so I could put it as an alternative for players who may not have a lot of hybrids and those on android. Sands advice you may want to take note of as better options for this round could be Lightning (for IOS players who have it) or Kite
Round 20 - Big Bad - Goblin level 6 won MM (first hit not much but second time round took the rest)
Round 21 - Kitsune - Lotus level 6 won BM (bash not a lot of damage, magic finished it off)
Round 22 - Goblin level 12 - winter level 7 won MM (first magic took 80%)

Aurry
08-08-13, 01:28 AM

Round 10 - Topaz 4 - Coral 6 MB

AraRaider
08-08-13, 01:33 AM
Hey Dreamville 2013! For round 25 Night Elf I defeated it with Independence dragon Lvl. 8. I used Magic two times! Good luck!

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 01:35 AM
No13. Trickster - Virtue knocked it out

No14. Mask7 - Fuzzy8. BMM beat it. Almost lost.

Thnx everyone. I gotta be careful as I do not have 30 gold for Ultimate.

nbella1414
08-08-13, 01:37 AM
Holy cow I had to battle Kitsune FIVE times before I finally won with DA (second try). Sheesh I hope the next round isn't do hard!!

1cherryblossom
08-08-13, 01:55 AM
Help pls got stuck with Lighting, used Ying Yang and lotus and lost the battle, I dont have dark angle , pls help <3

Try bat (magic)

rrr666999
08-08-13, 02:06 AM
Try bat (magic)

Thank you so much for the help, my bat is only level 4 can I use it.

yuli4ka88
08-08-13, 02:17 AM
was stuck at round 10- Topaz, at least defeated it with Trickster 9. As I do not have Bat, I tried and lost with Lotus 10, Night 10, Lightning 10, Tusker 10, Coral 9

doublescream
08-08-13, 02:27 AM
Halfway through!

My dragon --- Opponent

1. Fire, 10 --- Forest, 1
2. Genie, 10 --- Water, 1
3. Aether, 10 --- Light, 2
4. Genie, 10 --- Winter, 2
5. Forestfire, 10 --- Poison, 3
6. Atlantis, 10 --- Stone, 3
7. Hypnotic, 10 --- Cosmic, 4
8. Lotus, 10 --- Amethyst, 4
9. Griffin, 10 --- Mythic, 5
10. Lotus, 10 --- Topaz, 5
11. Atlantis, 10 --- Night, 6
12. Athletic, 10 --- Pegasus, 6
13. Flower, 10 --- Trickster, 7
14. Atlantis, 10 --- Mask, 7
15. Lightning, 10 --- Samurai, 8

It doesn't matter if you use magic or bash so I didn't write that down.

The last battles will be really though 'cause I don't have a diamond D:

Aurry
08-08-13, 02:28 AM

Round 11 - Night 5 - Pegasus 6 BM

lmac10
08-08-13, 02:29 AM
Round 15 - Samurai level 8 - Virtue level 8 won MM (first magic took 90%) * please note on this one I only used virtue to see if it could be done so I could put it as an alternative for players who may not have a lot of hybrids and those on android. Sands advice you may want to take note of as better options for this round could be Lightning (for IOS players who have it) or Kite
Round 22 - Goblin level 12 - winter level 7 won MM (first magic took 80%)
Round 23 - Leviathan lv 12 - firestorm lv 10 MBB ( closer than I'd like but still got there)

Kami365
08-08-13, 03:06 AM
Round 18 chocolate Lv 9 lost battle against Medusa Lv 9, I used bash/magic/magic.,

sunkalito
08-08-13, 03:10 AM
My epic pegasus lost agains night :( might try rainbow next... Fingers crossed.

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 03:14 AM
Thank you so much for the help, my bat is only level 4 can I use it.
Feed a bit more if you can

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 03:19 AM
Yep use Lightening 10 to beat Samurai. Also received 5 gold. Thnx

devdivi27
08-08-13, 03:21 AM
Cant beleive! Treasure - Fairy(8) BB. THANKS FOR THOSE SHARE THIS TIPS

mrarfan
08-08-13, 03:30 AM
How to beat the Big Bad Dragon? LV10 Aether didn't work! Don't have Dark Angel and any other Diamond Dragons and don't even have any Black Dragons! :(

kwhales
08-08-13, 03:31 AM
Trickster - won with chocolate. One M
mask - won with wild - one B.

mrarfan
08-08-13, 03:34 AM
For those of you coming up to rounds 15-30, I've compiled a list of reported wins so far...I'll go ahead and post them in case it helps anyone :) I'm only on 14, but I'm keeping track of what everyone else is reporting.

Round 15: Lvl 8 Samurai - Lightning: MM, M+++; Virtue: MM, M+++, BBB; Chocolate; Fire MM
Round 16: Lvl 8 Super - Seabreeze: M+++, MBB; Trickster: BMB, MB++; Lightning BB; Mindvolt
Round 17: Lvl 9 Fireworks - Lightning; Honeybee: MMM, M+++; Trickster: B+++, Genie: BMM; Air: BBM; Elf: MB
Round 18: Lvl 9 Medusa - Virtue: M+++; Crusader: M; Chocolate: M+++; Life: BM; Wild BMM; Justice
Round 19: Lvl 10 Treasure - Elf: B+++, MB, BB; Fairy: B+++; Air: MB; Topaz: B+++; Easter
Round 20: Lvl 10 Big Bad - Pegasus: BMM; Lotus: MM; Fireworks: BB, Scarecrow
Round 21: Lvl 12 Kitsune - Emerald: B+++; Lotus; Fairytale
Round 22: Lvl 12 Goblin - Wizard: BMM; Atlantis: BMB, BMM; Mermaid: BBB; Emerald: BBB
Round 23: Lvl 14 Leviathan - Wizard: M+++, MM, MMM; Parakeet: B+++; Seabreeze
Round 24: Lvl 14 Lightning - Lotus: BM; Aether, Diamond
Round 25: Lvl 16 Night Elf - Landworm: BM++; Witch: BB; Aurora: MBB; Caesar; Forestfire
Round 26: Lvl 16 Crusader - Diamond: BM; Mindvolt: M++M
Round 27: Lvl 18 Helios - Chocolate
Round 28: Lvl 18 Dark Angel - Crusader: BM
Round 29: Lvl 20 Diamond - RightHeart: MB; Landworm
Round 30: Lvl 20 Phoenix -

Obviously, this list is NOT comprehensive and is just something I threw together...I left out most of the diamond hybrids as I don't have them, so this is just my list of what I'm planning on using, but maybe it'll give some of you some additional options :)

Pegasus what LVL?

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 03:47 AM
Round 16: Honeybee10 did well against Super. BMM. M did most of the damage

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 03:57 AM
How to beat the Big Bad Dragon? LV10 Aether didn't work! Don't have Dark Angel and any other Diamond Dragons and don't even have any Black Dragons! :(
See above, Lvl 20

AraRaider
08-08-13, 04:03 AM
.:::. Phoenix Tournament .:::. Recorded wins by: araraider
* Opponent listed first, defeating dragon is listed second.
* Attacks are listed in the order that they're used.
* M = Magic, B = Bash, X 2 = Times two

Round 1: Lvl. 1. Forest - Crusader Lvl. 10: M
Round 2: Lvl. 1. Water - Scarecrow Lvl. 10: M & B
Round 3: Lvl. 2. Light - Independence Lvl. 8: M & B
Round 4: Lvl. 2. Winter - Independence Lvl. 8: M & B
Round 5: Lvl. 3. Poison - Leviathan Lvl. 7: M & B
Round 6: Lvl. 3. Stone - Mermaid Lvl. 10: B & M
Round 7: Lvl. 4. Cosmic - Fuzzy Lvl. 10: M
Round 8: Lvl. 4. Amethyst - Caesar Lvl. 10: M & B
Round 9: Lvl. 5. Mythic - Independence Lvl.8: M & B
Round 10: Lvl. 5. Topaz - Dark Angel Lvl. 10: M
Round 11: Lvl. 6. Night - Quetzal Lvl. 10: M & B
Round 12: Lvl. 6. Pegasus - Trickster Lvl. 7: M & B
Round 13: Lvl. 7. Trickster - Lightning Lvl. 10: M & B
Round 14: Lvl. 7. Mask - Quetzal Lvl. 10: M X 2
Round 15: Lvl. 8. Samurai - Dark Angel Lvl. 10: M, B, B
Round 16: Lvl. 8. Super - Trickster Lvl. 9: B, M X 2
Round 17: Lvl. 9. Fireworks - Lightning Lvl. 10: M, B
Round 18: Lvl. 9. Medusa - Lightning Lvl. 10: M X 2
Round 19: Lvl. 10. Treasure - Dark Angel Lvl. 10: M X 2
Round 20: Lvl. 10. Big Bad - Dark Angel Lvl. 10: M
Round 21: Lvl. 11. Kitsune - Dark Angel Lvl. 10: M, B, B
Round 22: Lvl. 12. Goblin - Mismoth Lvl. 10: M X 2
Round 23: Lvl. 13. Leviathan - Lightning Lvl. 10: M, B.
Round 24: Lvl. 14. Lightning - Hunter Lvl. 10: M, B, B
Round 25: Lvl. 15. Night Elf - Independence Lvl. 8: M X 2
Round 26: Lvl. 16. Crusader - Mercury Lvl. 10: M, B, B
Round 27: Lvl. 17: Helios - Crusader Lvl. 10: M, B
Round 28: Lvl. 18. Dark Angel - ForestFire Lvl. 10: B, M, B
Round 29: Lvl. 19. Diamond - COMING SOON!
Round 30: Lvl. 20. Phoenix - COMING SOON!

At present I am stuck on round 29, Diamond dragon has defeated my Crusader, Anubis,and Rightheart all of which were level 10. If you have any suggestions for me please let me know! Thanks and happy battles to you all!

mrarfan
08-08-13, 04:08 AM
See above, Lvl 20

What do you mean by LV20?

AraRaider
08-08-13, 04:11 AM

I know you weren't askinh me but Lvl 20 means level 20. The opponents go up to level 20 in this tournament. The Phoenix will be level 20 that you will fight on round 30.

Kami365
08-08-13, 04:13 AM
Round 18 win battle against Medusa Lv 9 with Origami Lv 9 ,only one Magic finished it. Now waiting for next battle tho.,

shambalaya
08-08-13, 04:18 AM
Is anybody else using the battle calculator on dragon story wikia? It's awesome! (even when I have to look past 15 dragons I don't have to find one with a fighting chance). Just google battle arena, and there it is, choose opponent dragon and level and it spits out all dragons with x% chance of delivering a critical hit :-)

Aurry
08-08-13, 04:21 AM

Round 11 - Night 5 - Pegasus 6 BM
Round 12 - Pegasus 5 - Air 10 BMB

koiju
08-08-13, 04:25 AM

Lovin' your tips - for others I just used Fuzzy against Night as I don't have pegasus. Fuzzy L8 took out night bash in first go, so lmac's fuzzy must have been having a bad day :)

sunkalito
08-08-13, 04:30 AM
My results so far:

(The symbol > means I won, the symbol << means i lost)
(All my dragons are epic unless stated otherwise with a number inside (underlined brackets) like this)

(ROUND) __ (MY DRAGON) __ (OPONENT) __ (ATTACK)

1 # Atlas > forest > BMM

2 # trickster > water > B

3 # Aether << light

# Mismoth > light > B

4 # Trickster << winter

# Peacock << winter

# ? > winter (lol i forgot what i used)

5 # Justice > poison >BMM

6 # Mermaid (6) > stone >B

7 # Boo (3) > cosmic > BM

8 # Hunter > amethyst > BM

9 # Big bad > mythic > bash

10 # Blackswan > topaz > BM

11 # Pegasus << night

# Rainbow > night > BM (magic made most damage)

merdragon
08-08-13, 04:35 AM

Lita

Has your problem been fixed? Have you received any reply?
Good luck, Hun.

mrarfan
08-08-13, 04:38 AM
I know you weren't askinh me but Lvl 20 means level 20. The opponents go up to level 20 in this tournament. The Phoenix will be level 20 that you will fight on round 30.

Of course I know that! But I'm asking what dragon is good to use to defeat Big Bad?

NouraMoh
08-08-13, 04:49 AM
I've beaten Wolfie before using:
Pegasus BMM
Eclipse BBB
Familiar BBB
Fireworks BB
Deep B

I would totally recommend Pegasus. It worked 6 times for me against BB

lmac10
08-08-13, 05:10 AM
bad news update guys I'm so sorry lightning is obliterating me, it has defeated all of my night hybrids that I had left (1 or 2 were in the healing queue and so was aether) once they are out I'll try so I'm not giving up but I don't know if I can help those who need it now. The only thing I can say is that if I can't do it without a diamond I won't be doing it at all, hopefully it's a different outcome when some come out of healing. :(

lmac10
08-08-13, 05:14 AM
P.s hunter, bat and night were ones that were in the queue so I haven't used them yet, don't give up!!!!!! Some neighbors of mine didn't have dragons I had and they used firestorm against treasure and won so there is always a way :)

MariaVamp
08-08-13, 05:14 AM
Sth else to beat Super? Trickster is low lvl..

devdivi27
08-08-13, 05:16 AM
Big bad (10) - cosmic (7) BMB

sand
08-08-13, 05:18 AM
Complete Guide to Phoenix Tournament Victory
-- all the rounds in one place!
For notes specific to each section of the tournament, click the links to my original posts.

Each challenger (arena's dragon) is followed by the rarity to be used and the colors/elements that are strong against it. Weak colors have been weeded out. E.g., white is weak against purple and stone, but those colors are weak against green, so purple and stone are not listed as colors to use in battling Pegasus.
COLOR: Pick champions that have the most strong colors against the challenger. Colors listed twice are NOT an error; they are actually scored twice because they are strong against more than one of the challenger's colors!
RARITY: For the scoring grid currently in use, you only need to match the challenger's rarity. You may use a higher rarity, but you won't get extra points for doing so. C is common; R is rare; S is super-rare; X is unbreedable or retired; U is ultra-rare.
LEVEL: In rounds 1-20 try to use your highest level dragons after selecting for color and rarity. See the original posts for rounds 21-25 and 26-30 for how to chose levels later on.

1. Forest: use C - red myth dino gem
2. Water: use C - yel pur gem rnbw
3. Light: use C - blu pur stn rnbw
4. Winter: use C - yel pur pur gem rnbw blu
5. Poison: use C - red myth dino gem grn pnk trsr zod
6. Stone: use R - grn blu
7. Cosmic: use S/X - whi pur
8. Amethyst: use R - grn blk dino diam zod trsr
9. Mythic: use R - whi pink ftl dino
10. Topaz: use R - pnk blk blk cos dino zod diam

Guide for Fighting Phoenix Tournament Rounds 1-10
11. Night: use C - grn whi cos rnbw
12. Pegasus: use R - red blu dino gem rnbw
13. Trickster: use R - pnk pnk blk grn zod zod
14. Mask: use R - grn whi blk cos rnbw trsr
15. Samurai: use S/X - yel pnk pnk blk stn zod
16. Super: use R - yel yel pur gem pnk rnbw trsr
17. Fireworks: use S/X - yel yel pur pnk blk gem cos rnbw
18. Medusa: use R - red whi pnk pnk gem myth ftl dino dino trsr
19. Treasure: use S/X - yel diam
20. Big Bad: use S/X - blk cos zod

Guide for Fighting Phoenix Tournament Rounds 11-20

Guide for Fighting Phoenix Tournament Rounds 21-25

Guide for Fighting Phoenix Tournament Rounds 26-30

A key to my color/element short-hand:
RED is red.
GREEN is grn.
YELLOW is yel.
BLUE is blu.
PURPLE is pur.
DIAMOND is diam.
WHITE is whi.
PINK is pnk.
BLACK is blk.
MYTHIC is myth.
COSMIC is cos.
TREASURE is trsr.
STONE is stn.
FAIRYTALE is ftl.
DINO is dino.
RAINBOW is rnbw.
GEMSTONE is gem.
ZODIAC is zod.

Remember, this it the color/element; not the dragon. So trsr can be Treasure, Stainglass or Midas dragons.

If you have to settle for a champion with less than 2 strong colors, refer to the main color guide on the front page of this thread for weak colors to avoid.

mrarfan
08-08-13, 05:22 AM
Complete Guide to Phoenix Tournament Victory
-- all the rounds in one place!
For notes specific to each section of the tournament, click the links to my original posts.

Each challenger (arena's dragon) is followed by the rarity to be used and the colors/elements that are strong against it. Weak colors have been weeded out. E.g., white is weak against purple and stone, but those colors are weak against green, so purple and stone are not listed as colors to use in battling Pegasus.
COLOR: Pick champions that have the most strong colors against the challenger. Colors listed twice are NOT an error; they are actually scored twice because they are strong against more than one of the challenger's colors!
RARITY: For the scoring grid currently in use, you only need to match the challenger's rarity. You may use a higher rarity, but you won't get extra points for doing so. C is common; R is rare; S is super-rare; X is unbreedable or retired; U is ultra-rare.
LEVEL: In rounds 1-20 try to use your highest level dragons after selecting for color and rarity. See the original posts for rounds 21-25 and 26-30 for how to chose levels later on.

1. Forest: use C - red myth dino gem
2. Water: use C - yel pur gem rnbw
3. Light: use C - blu pur stn rnbw
4. Winter: use C - yel pur pur gem rnbw blu
5. Poison: use C - red myth dino gem grn pnk trsr zod
6. Stone: use R - grn blu
7. Cosmic: use S/X - whi pur
8. Amethyst: use R - grn blk dino diam zod trsr
9. Mythic: use R - whi pink ftl dino
10. Topaz: use R - pnk blk blk cos dino zod diam

11. Night: use C - grn whi cos rnbw
12. Pegasus: use R - red blu dino gem rnbw
13. Trickster: use R - pnk pnk blk grn zod zod
14. Mask: use R - grn whi blk cos rnbw trsr
15. Samurai: use S/X - yel pnk pnk blk stn zod
16. Super: use R - yel yel pur gem pnk rnbw trsr
17. Fireworks: use S/X - yel yel pur pnk blk gem cos rnbw
18. Medusa: use R - red whi pnk pnk gem myth ftl dino dino trsr
19. Treasure: use S/X - yel diam
20. Big Bad: use S/X - blk cos zod

If you have to settle for a champion with less than 2 strong colors, refer to the main color guide on the front page of this thread for weak colors to avoid.

You are awesome sand! ^_^

mrarfan
08-08-13, 05:23 AM
Round 10 (Big Bad Dragon LV10) - Lotus LV7 MBM

mrarfan
08-08-13, 05:24 AM
bad news update guys I'm so sorry lightning is obliterating me, it has defeated all of my night hybrids that I had left (1 or 2 were in the healing queue and so was aether) once they are out I'll try so I'm not giving up but I don't know if I can help those who need it now. The only thing I can say is that if I can't do it without a diamond I won't be doing it at all, hopefully it's a different outcome when some come out of healing. :(

What dragon are you currently battling now?
Tell me the round and the dragon's name and the level

Kami365
08-08-13, 05:28 AM
Round 19 win battle against treasure Lv 10 with Epic Dark angel ,used magic++, finished it.

sand
08-08-13, 05:40 AM
I finally got a full night's sleep. OMG 9 hours? That's what I usually get in a week!
So back in the arena. Wasn't happy to see Lunar the Goblin-12 beat down UncleSam, my glorious Independence. But that's okay because, as a great man once said, "I have a DREAM!"
Fantasia, my epic Dream, is shaking up a can of WhuppCream. :p

AraRaider
08-08-13, 05:47 AM
Uuuuuuughhh! I am stuck on round 29, Diamond dragon! So far this beast of a diamond dragon has destroyed my Crusader, Anubis, RightHeart, Mercury... I just don't know what to use against this monster! It's so powerful it's like NOTHING works against it! I have my dark angel in the healing springs from a previous battle so when it's recovered I'll be trying it against diamond if I haven't already defeated it by then. Any suggestions anyone? I don't have any gold to use for special attack so I'm kinda stumped.

kwhales
08-08-13, 05:54 AM
Sth else to beat Super? Trickster is low lvl..

I just used level 9 lightning with bash then magic.

cakeandpie
08-08-13, 06:00 AM
Round 20: Big Bad defeated by Night MBM. This was my toughest opponent so far--he beat my Bat and Lotus first, grr.

sand
08-08-13, 06:05 AM
You are the champion of the underdog and you will NOT falter. Temporary setback.
Let's see, for Lightning, we want to use S/X - pnk blk blk gem cos ftl zod.
All blacks are down, or just hybrids? If you have pures like Night, Lotus or NightElf, they can deliver even though Night and Lotus are lower rarity.
Consider the green, white or pink gemmies; also cosmics, fairytales or Leo, if you have those for a one-color fight.

If you time it precisely, you can speed the last 2 hours of healing with just 5 gold, so that your dragons spend only 4 hours in the spring.

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 06:08 AM

Someone posted above
Round 20. Big Bad beaten by Pegasus, Lotus,Fireworks,Scarecrow

ufooo
08-08-13, 06:11 AM
Anything more beside lotus and cosmic ? Currently facing big bad dragon :(

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 06:23 AM
Big Bad. Someone used Wild to best it too.
Big Bad is a Fairytale Breed. Black n Cosmic recommended.

rrr666999
08-08-13, 06:31 AM
can so me one help me pls on Helios, I dont have dark angle, I used crusader and lot it, dont have other diamond hybrids. Any other suggestions pls.

Kami365
08-08-13, 06:37 AM
Round 20 lost battle against BigBad Lv 10 with epic dark angel used MMM ,doesn't worked,any advice .thanks

sand
08-08-13, 06:58 AM
can so me one help me pls on Helios, I dont have dark angle, I used crusader and lot it, dont have other diamond hybrids. Any other suggestions pls.
If you're out of ultras, fight Helios' mythic element with pink-white hybrids or with fairytale types, preferably super rare or unbreedable, ANY level.

lollipop_rp
08-08-13, 07:04 AM
Need help with mythic

Tried louts (lost)
Tried chocolate (lost)

rrr666999
08-08-13, 07:04 AM
If you're out of ultras, fight Helios' mythic element with pink-white hybrids or with fairytale types, preferably super rare or unbreedable, ANY level.

Thank you so much, will try it out :)

1cherryblossom
08-08-13, 07:15 AM
Need help with mythic

Tried louts (lost)
Tried chocolate (lost)
Try light or pearl

bumblejeep
08-08-13, 07:19 AM
I hope i can win this tournament even my only Epic dragon are---

Fire
Forest
Air
Athletic
Water
Magic
Light
Dawntree
Virtue
Forestfire
Life
Fruitfull
Landworm
Firestorm
Fairy (only level6)
Eagle
Scorpion
Parakeet
Honeybee
Mist
Mindvolt
Charm
Coral
Familiar
Storm
Mirage

as of now im on round 16..

thanks to sand for your helpful tips.. i wish i can survive this... need more help in future...

hey sand... do u think i can survive this tournament with that Epic Dragon i had...

ufooo
08-08-13, 07:27 AM
Big Bad. Someone used Wild to best it too.
Big Bad is a Fairytale Breed. Black n Cosmic recommended.

Thanks :D i had beaten big bag with my wild 10 using BB++, hooray !!

Sumercarefree
08-08-13, 07:27 AM
Round18. Medusa9. Wild 10, one Bash ****ed it.
Lightning10 lost to Medusa.

Kami365
08-08-13, 07:36 AM
Round 20 win battle against Big Bad Lv 10 with epic Lotus used Bash/Bash finished him rightaway,also got 5 Gold bar as gift.yahooo!!

OlkaDragons
08-08-13, 07:40 AM
My wins so far
2 winners - from different devices
In brackets - wins other people here reported ( not full list but I tried to keep track)

10. Topaz 5 - YY 7 BM, Kite 8 MB
(DA 9 M, YY 6 BM MB, Bat 7 MB+, Pearl 6 )
11. Night 6 - Pegasus 8 B, Forestfire 9 BMB
(Angel 9, Pegasus 8 BB, Quetzal 10 MB, Wild BMB, Cosmic BM)
12. Pegasus 6 - Aether 9 BMB, Mirage 8 MBB
( Leviathan 6 B, Trickster 7 MB, Mirage 8 MM BB, Planet 7 M, Flower8 BM, Athletic 6)
13. Trickster 7 - Kitsune 8 MBM, Justice 8 M
Lost Kitsune 8 BMB, Kite 8 MBB
(Unicorn 9, Lightning 10 MB, Parakeet 10 BMM, Virtue 8 B, Flower 10 B, Kite B, Light 10 MBM, YY 7, Dawntree 10 MBM)
14. Mask 7 - Pegasus 8 BM+, Forestfire 9 MB
(Angel 9, Quetzal 10 MM, Pegasus 10 B BM MMM, Caesar 6 MB+, Flower 8 M, Atlantis M, Fire 10 M)
15. Samurai 8 - Lightning 6 MB
Lost Kitsune 8 MBB
(Origami 9, DA 10 MBB, Lightning 9 M B, Virtue 8 MM MBB, Fire 9 MM)
16. Super 8 - Mindvolt 9 MB
(Origami 9, Trickster 8 BMB, Seabreeze M MBB, Lightning 9 BB)
17. Fireworks - Mindvolt 9 MB+
(Unicorn 9, Genie 8 BMM, Honeybee MMM, Elf 10 MB)
18. Medusa 9 - Eagle 10 M
(Unicorn 9, Origami 8 MM, Chocolate M, Crusader 10 M)

wolftiger1234
08-08-13, 07:44 AM
Gold and topaz both lost to treasure, but air beat him with one bash. Whoa! This tournament is (in my opinion anyway) much easier then YY..oh well on to round 20!

R081Nchan
08-08-13, 07:53 AM
Round 21 Moon (8) vs Kitsune (12) use MBB

bestmenolly
08-08-13, 08:06 AM
Do you have to win all 30 rounds to get the dragon? What if you win 30 out of 35 in the 6 day period?

mrarfan
08-08-13, 08:15 AM
Do you have to win all 30 rounds to get the dragon? What if you win 30 out of 35 in the 6 day period?

There's only 30 rounds! And yes! You need to win all 30 rounds to get the dragon before it expires!

kms899
08-08-13, 08:16 AM
Gold and topaz both lost to treasure, but air beat him with one bash. Whoa! This tournament is (in my opinion anyway) much easier then YY..oh well on to round 20!

my air is breeding in the den, so I used lighning, 2 bash did it.

wolftiger1234
08-08-13, 08:33 AM
my air is breeding in the den, so I used lighning, 2 bash did it.

Ahhh my exact situation on my second account!! Air was breeding so I used lightning :) tho I used magic and bash lol
Just battled big bad using Saturn as I have no DA and it looked like it wasn't going to win...but MBM did the trick :)

Kami365
08-08-13, 08:39 AM
Round 21 lost battle against Kitsune Lv 11 with Epic Lotus,used BMB,doesn't worked,Any advice,Thanks.

ufooo
08-08-13, 08:48 AM
Round 21 lost battle against Kitsune Lv 11 with Epic Lotus,used BMB,doesn't worked,Any advice,Thanks.

Hey, I used Gemstone level 9 against kitsune, won it with 1 big bash , good luck :)

ufooo
08-08-13, 08:50 AM
Ahhh my exact situation on my second account!! Air was breeding so I used lightning :) tho I used magic and bash lol
Just battled big bad using Saturn as I have no DA and it looked like it wasn't going to win...but MBM did the trick :)

I won big bad using wild level 10 , BB++ , good luck ;)

MariaVamp
08-08-13, 08:54 AM
Anyone beat firework? I tried with midvolt and clockwork..

Kami365
08-08-13, 08:55 AM
Hey, I used Gemstone level 9 against kitsune, won it with 1 big bash , good luck :)

Thanks ufooo,I'll try gemstone for next battle,hope it works onto my arena.

lunarbunny
08-08-13, 08:57 AM
Anyone beat firework? I tried with midvolt and clockwork..

I used lightning 9 I think 2 magics took it out easily. Kite would also work I think. Hope it helps! Good luck:)

MariaVamp
08-08-13, 09:04 AM
I used lightning 9 I think 2 magics took it out easily. Kite would also work I think. Hope it helps! Good luck:)

My lighting is lvl3, and i dont have kite... Maybe kitsune or virtue?

nikkisauro7
08-08-13, 09:06 AM

I'm having trouble with fireworks as well. Tried kite, lightning, topaz, and elf so far. Any ideas? Should I break out my gold dragon?

nikkisauro7
08-08-13, 09:07 AM
I'm having trouble with fireworks as well. Tried kite, lightning, topaz, and elf so far. Any ideas? Should I break out my gold dragon?

Forgot to mention trickster lost too

lunarbunny
08-08-13, 09:08 AM
Here are some wins recently:

Night............Forest 10 MMM
Pegasus........Leviathan 8 BMM
Trickster.......Parakeet 9 BMM
Mask............Pegasus 10 BB
Samurai........Lightning 9 MM won 5 gold on this round!
Super...........Lightning 9 BMM
Fireworks......Lightning 9 MBB
Medusa........Crusader 9 MM

Good luck to all entering the final rounds!:)

kwhales
08-08-13, 09:10 AM

Fireworks was eating me alive. Took my lightning and honeybee. Finally got it with Kite. BB. If Kite or Lightning are healed use them but do different battle strategy. I was using magic first, didn't work. So I went with Bash first and it worked. Gold probably would work too.

lunarbunny
08-08-13, 09:11 AM

Looks like youve had a bout of bad luck:( Imac said she won with Genie, also someone said Honeybee, as sand said do you have anymore super rares or unbreedables (like lightning) left to try before breaking out the ultras?

cakeandpie
08-08-13, 09:12 AM
Round 21: Kitsune defeated by Emerald, BBB

faeriedust
08-08-13, 09:16 AM
Treasure beat my Diamond, Fairy, and Air.
Should I wait for Lightning to finish up at the healing spring, or try using Honeybee 10/Topaz 3?

lunarbunny
08-08-13, 09:18 AM
Looks like youve had a bout of bad luck:( Imac said she won with Genie, also someone said Honeybee, as sand said do you have anymore super rares or unbreedables (like lightning) left to try before breaking out the ultras?

sand posted these tips for fireworks..... yellow yellow purple pink black most effective. So yellow being the most important element to include in your dragon and hopefully one that has at least one of the other elements! Which is why lightning was my first choice and its unbreedable which helps a lot!

lollipop_rp
08-08-13, 09:18 AM
I tried Icecream, light, lotus, and some other dragon.

Only one that succeeded - gold.

Wasted 40 gold :( on one dragon

kwhales
08-08-13, 09:22 AM
I tried Icecream, light, lotus, and some other dragon.

Only one that succeeded - gold.

Wasted 40 gold :( on one dragon

Way too eariy in game to use gold for speeding or ultimate. Hold off until time is running out and you only have a couple rounds to go. We have 5 days left. That's still only 6 or 7 battles a day.

faeriedust
08-08-13, 09:29 AM
Im happy to say that Honeybee 10 beat Treasure MBB.
It was a close battle though, so I only recommend if you have nothing left.
Elf*, Air, Lightning, Gold? are reported winners <- try these first

sand
08-08-13, 09:32 AM
hey sand... do u think i can survive this tournament with that Epic Dragon i had...
It is certainly possible, if you play it smart with colors and rarity and roll with some luck.
Remember that in the later rounds, you will need epics less and less, and that level will not matter at all after round 26.
Level 9 is equal to epic in most battles, especially against even-numbered levels (8, 10, 12 ...).
You should make a battle plan. Write down the dragons for the remaining rounds, then use my Complete Guide to Phoenix Tournament Victory (page 45 of this thread) to make a list of dragons from your collection that can compete against each challenger.
Then edit the list so that you don't exhaust dragons that you will definitely need later.
Also search the thread for posts from lmac10, who is purposely using dragons that the average player without diamond types will have.

wolftiger1234
08-08-13, 09:37 AM
Any ideas on kitsune? My epic moon lost and my gemstone is only lvl 7...I'll give that a try but any other suggestions?

wolftiger1234
08-08-13, 09:39 AM
Btw sand all the wins that I have under my belt came from the help of your list! Much thanks :)

Kami365
08-08-13, 09:41 AM

Thank you ufooo, I won battle against Kitsune with gemstone Lv 9 used attack Bash/Bash finished her,.now move onto Round 22.

Kami365
08-08-13, 09:43 AM
Round 21 win battle against Kitsune Lv 12 with Gemstone Lv 9 used attack Bash/Bash finished it quickly.Now move onto Round 22.

ufooo
08-08-13, 09:50 AM
Thank you ufooo, I won battle against Kitsune with gemstone Lv 9 used attack Bash/Bash finished her,.now move onto Round 22.

You're welcome, congratulations and good luck for the rest :)

kms899
08-08-13, 10:10 AM
will night or yy beat bb, has anyone tried it,

buffmama
08-08-13, 10:11 AM

Thanks ~ I`m going to save my gold to use ultimate for when I get to this round :cool: