PDA

View Full Version : The Mine

stormmbabe
08-04-13, 09:56 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions or hints on how to find the items easier in the mine? I've looked at the guide map and know get the general idea, but even when I get a "very close" sign sometimes it takes another three or so digs to locate it or sometimes I don't find it at all and I've used a tool for nothing. With picks and shovels hard to come by I would appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks!

Edit(KP) Here is the last expansion requirements for the mine

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/235c020b-bbfe-4058-9b4d-1fce162ce25f_zpscca35961.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/235c020b-bbfe-4058-9b4d-1fce162ce25f_zpscca35961.jpg.html)

Edit(AW) just expanded to the mine and here are the requirements:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wexli1.jpg
5 hammers, 5 bricks, and 5 wood planks
and it takes 22 hours to complete. it also unlocks the Jewelsmith which costs 21,000 coins

jtm101
08-04-13, 07:59 PM
You need to use a bit of strategy and a bit of luck to get items in the mine. I start by laying out a grid, spaced out maybe 2 from the edge and 3 spots from each other. Then if i get a 'very close' something is 1 spot away (left, right, up, down or diagonals. A 'near' is 2 spots away, so try two away and hope you get a very close or lucky. Then the 'too far?' is just a miss, try at least 3 spots away. Another thing to remember is if you do get an item, there may be another right next to it, so if you're keen try next to it and you may get another or have one near by again.

donnamayes
08-05-13, 08:08 AM
I am a huge fan of farm story 2 and other TL games but I am finding the mine incredibly frustrating. Picks and shovels are hard to come by and only last 8 shots in the mine. Why can't TL add hotspots to the mine similar to the fishing pond?
Also permits, land deeds and paint seem to be impossible to get. Just did 15 deliveries and got a shovel and pick, no permits. Now sitting on double the amount of old maps to the other 2 required to expand and have also been waiting for paint to expand the barn capacity. I am fairly patient but am fast losing interest in the game......

ButterPanda
08-05-13, 10:28 AM
Does anyone have any suggestions or hints on how to find the items easier in the mine? I've looked at the guide map and know get the general idea, but even when I get a "very close" sign sometimes it takes another three or so digs to locate it or sometimes I don't find it at all and I've used a tool for nothing. With picks and shovels hard to come by I would appreciate any suggestions!
Thanks!

When I see the"very close" pop up I start tapping in different directions from that spot to try and narrow down where it is. Once you do it enough times you'll find yourself a pattern to use.

GhettoRanch
08-06-13, 12:07 PM
I've never found a red ruby or seen any for sale ? Has anyone else ?

08-06-13, 12:55 PM
I've never found a red ruby or seen any for sale ? Has anyone else ?

I've gotten one from Stormie and by going around the community. Out of using my last ten parts from mining I got about four pieces. That's an awful lot of fails. It's annoying. I'm starting to resent how slow the game is, based on the rarity of getting certain items. Be it from sales or our own method.

jtm101
08-07-13, 05:23 AM
I have some additional tips. Not sure if this is because the functuinality of the Mine has changed, or i just noticed this behaviour today.

After finding an object in the Mine, the next object can be anywhere. By this i mean it could be right next to a spot that previously stated 'too far'. So if you get 1 object, i think a good way of getting another is by looking near your previous digs. Say you get lucky on these and get a 'very close', it becomes easier to get the 2nd object as you already know it cant be in the spot you have already dug. So, rather than 8 possible locations, you have knocked it down to 7. If you're clever you can take full advantage of these hints and a couple of times i got it down to 2 possible locations, due to the fact that most of the possible spots were already knocked out.

Sumercarefree
08-07-13, 04:22 PM
I can't even find expansion permits. So I will forget about the mine. I think it's pointless to buy the Forge if I can't reach the Mine.

08-07-13, 08:11 PM
What happened to Stormie's shop?!

donnamayes
08-10-13, 12:51 AM
I have an order to go in the train. All ready to go except I need 8 gold/ silver rings and 11 lumps of silver. Given the probability of getting gold and silver in the mine this is impossible to achieve in the timeframe. I don't mind working to achieve the goals but please make it possible TL instead of impossible! On the upside picks are more plentiful with deliveries but mining is still no easier. Please offer hotspots in the mine similar to the fishing pond to give better odds of achieving in the game.

stormmbabe
09-07-13, 12:47 AM
Thanks everyone for the hints and feed back - I'll be trying all of them!
As for the forge, I think I've used it once since buying it. The materials you need to make the tools are needed for much needed expansions etc. I just wait to receive tools for the mine.
Thanks again!

olcastle
09-16-13, 08:40 PM
So the forge is useless?
I was saving money for the forge but after reading this topic I'm in doubt.

lolzillaz
09-16-13, 10:23 PM
Are there level requirements to the mine?

09-16-13, 11:15 PM
So the forge is useless?
I was saving money for the forge but after reading this topic I'm in doubt.

The forge is really helpful for tools needed Thats very hard to come by. You can make nails, screws, hammers and shovels. I just use if to make shovels, which require one wooden board and one stone. I think those are more important than wood, since many folks sell those already. I'd continue saving because it will be useful as you expand and/or want to keep digging for jewels/stones and upgrading.

kooky panda
09-17-13, 08:35 AM
Here is the last expansion requirements for the mine. You will need coins.
(http://forums.storm8.com/member.php?103737-Jackskeleton)http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/235c020b-bbfe-4058-9b4d-1fce162ce25f_zpscca35961.jpg (http://s1273.photobucket.com/user/kookypanda99/media/235c020b-bbfe-4058-9b4d-1fce162ce25f_zpscca35961.jpg.html)

added to post 1

lolzillaz
09-17-13, 03:50 PM
Thanks a bunch kooky.

aileeniweeni
09-18-13, 12:01 PM
just expanded to the mine and here are the requirements:
http://i39.tinypic.com/2wexli1.jpg
5 hammers, 5 bricks, and 5 wood planks
and it takes 22 hours to complete. it also unlocks the Jewelsmith which costs 21,000 coins

-added to post 1-

minidemon88
09-19-13, 10:50 AM
I'm still thinking if it's worth expanding to the mine or the herb plants? I know we need shovel for mining. But we hardly can find any. :(

CindyLou21
09-19-13, 12:52 PM
Do you have to be at a certain level to repair the mine. I've expanded, but the repair box does not show up?

kooky panda
09-19-13, 01:40 PM
For you last expansion, you will need to click on the mine.

aileeniweeni
09-19-13, 02:17 PM
here's how it looks when you go to mine:
http://i42.tinypic.com/25zq92v.png http://i41.tinypic.com/jujtyq.png http://i42.tinypic.com/332pc8w.png http://i39.tinypic.com/2ak0f8x.png

then you get several chances to dig, and you can see approximately how many digs you have left according to the blue progress bar.

i forgot to take a picture of the end result, but you'll see the type of rock you find. the areas that you dig will remain on the board as holes or whatever you found, so when you continue to another spot, you won't dig the exact same spots. on my 1st try, i dug up one gold and one iron. there is also silver... not sure what else.

minidemon88
09-25-13, 04:27 AM
You know after trying out the mine, I really hate it! The too far and near is super annoying and I wasted so many pickaxes trying to dig out something useful.

My mine will be in idle mode again. Argh!

konstans07
09-25-13, 04:45 AM
Agree! Not only is very hard to find the tools u want, u have to search at the mine for one piece and most of the times u just have to be lucky!!!!
Just not worth it.
As an idea is very good, but we need more tools.

minidemon88
09-25-13, 10:47 AM
What's the point of building the jewelsmith when I can't craft anything. You risk losing your precious pickaxe/shovel in order to get some iron/gold. And the chances of getting something back is so slim. :mad:

pipipooh1977
09-25-13, 10:52 AM
I don't think I will expand to the mine till they change the drop rate (or I won't expand there at all) I NEVER come across a pickaxe or shovel, and don't get them anymore from deliveries, so what's the rush to get to the mine?

ghjvcucjb
10-09-13, 06:58 PM
Just tried out my mine and have to say it kind of sucks. Wasted two maybe three pick axes and got one iron. On my second pick ax, my first try was close so I did a systematic grid like it suggested here, used up all my tries and got nothing. How can I be close and not get anything? Any suggestions?

Also since I expanded, although I didn't have it built, 90% of all my orders include mine items and jewelry (which I don't have). Last night had to delete all orders over and over. So my farm has come to a slow crawl as I keep maxing on my barn with items I can't send out due to a lack of orders that don't include mine items. I wonder if TL could fix it so we don't have orders unless we have the buildings to craft items. Also, if pick axes are a rare drop and it takes 3 to get one iron, how are we able to get enough supplies to fill orders? Especially multiple orders? The newspaper is not helpful with some items.

Marmalademuffin
10-14-13, 01:57 PM
Don't know if it is just a lucky day but I just got 3 pickaxes, a shovel and a map in the last 15 minutes of sending out deliveries! So now I have some mining tools. I only just got my mine this morning so I hope it isn't as disappointing as some have said.

I don't think I will expand to the mine till they change the drop rate (or I won't expand there at all) I NEVER come across a pickaxe or shovel, and don't get them anymore from deliveries, so what's the rush to get to the mine?

synsanity
10-14-13, 02:11 PM
I found that the drop rate for axes and shovels dramatically increased when I got the mine and I also found I have only walked away empty handed maybe twice of dozens of mine attempts. Many times I have found multiple items at once. Several rubies and gold. Got a paint can moments ago. It really isn't as bad as you think if you figure it out and work a big grid or circle like I do.

bowlfullofcherries
10-14-13, 10:10 PM
I seem to have hit a long long dry spell here. No axes no shovels no gold. Seriously a bummer since the train is asking for nine gold nuggets for the second day in a row.

pipipooh1977
10-28-13, 01:31 PM
Well, I finally got the mine open. I had 17 pick axes.....got several hits but not 1 shovel, or other tool! I used all 17 pick axes....nothing but rocks, 1 gem and a ruby! :mad: I NEED SHOVELS!!!!!! And maps!!!!

vednir
10-30-13, 05:28 PM
Besides deliveries and the newspaper is there some other way to get pickaxes and shovels? I used up 3 pickaxes I found in the newspaper and the mine has been idle since then.

klengenhues
11-10-13, 01:25 PM
I just used 3 axes and 10 gems. I only got 1 gold. The mine is really not worth it. I should have spend the money on sheeps and pigs.

maggie6195
11-12-13, 10:08 AM
I'm getting things that look like diamonds when I mine, what are these? Unfortunately my barn was full, so they don't show up in my inventory..... argh!

journeysmom
11-12-13, 10:22 AM
I'm getting things that look like diamonds when I mine, what are these? Unfortunately my barn was full, so they don't show up in my inventory..... argh!

Are they red? Then they are "rubies"

maggie6195
11-12-13, 12:32 PM
Naaww, I swear sometimes I must be blonde. :rolleyes: They're gems, duh! I didn't notice that my gem count increased. Sheesh.

kooky panda
11-12-13, 12:35 PM

Naaww, I swear sometimes I must be blonde. :rolleyes: They're gems, duh! I didn't notice that my gem count increased. Sheesh.

If these were gems, they should of be added even though your barn was full. You may want to send an email to support@teamlava.com to check your game if the gems did not get added.

(Note: I am blonde and have these moments all the time!! LOL )

oliviaowl
11-14-13, 09:12 AM
I don't know if anyone has mentioned this before (sorry if someone has) but sometimes I'll go around the mine and get a bunch of "too far" then by the end of the dig I'll get a "very close" even though I am in the middle of a circle of too fars. I just don't understand how I can get a very close at the end, which would put the prize within 1 or 2 spaces of a too far. Anyone else get this?

Danthrax85
11-14-13, 09:05 PM
I've dug up 3 or 4 in the week or so since I've unlocked the mine, and I've bought 2 fr stormie.
They sell for top dollar.

Lotus_DV
04-21-14, 07:59 PM
Do you have to be at a certain level to repair the mine. I've expanded, but the repair box does not show up?

I have the same problem, but clicking on the mine doesn't help, I can see only cute Piper's face and message "Hi there! That;s the mine! You can dig up iron, silver, and even gold!" and "Continue" button. What's the problem?

epepijnsk
04-21-14, 10:51 PM
Could someone please tell me how METAL DETECTOR works? I spent two without any gain.

GameOfFarms
04-22-14, 03:19 PM
I have the same problem, but clicking on the mine doesn't help, I can see only cute Piper's face and message "Hi there! That;s the mine! You can dig up iron, silver, and even gold!" and "Continue" button. What's the problem?

You may need to press on one of the expand signs first (the signs with the arrows on them). Once you've clicked on that you should probably be able to expand the mine.

yppahc
07-22-14, 05:26 AM
Why don't we get xp when we mine?

vickielea
09-07-14, 08:04 AM
Is there a post describing how the mine dinomite, compass, magnifier work? I tap on them, but nothing happens. I have 3 of each it says. Please help

kooky panda
09-07-14, 10:25 AM
Is there a post describing how the mine dinomite, compass, magnifier work? I tap on them, but nothing happens. I have 3 of each it says. Please help
Before you pick the shovel or pic axle you can tap each one and it tells you what they do.

reewinder
09-07-14, 08:24 PM

It costs gems to use those features. I have tapped them a few times on accident and wasted gems. They just help locate where the stuff is hidden. Not worth wasting gems on to get a item that sells for 75 coins.

Breejan1987
08-21-15, 04:29 AM
At what level am I able to buy rubies from the market? Or ruby necklaces?

lechocolatdeesse
09-21-15, 09:13 AM
What is the point to the mine? What can I use the iron, gold etc for? Can I make something with them later on as I level up? I haven't seen them in my delivery orders yet.. Any insight?

syncler78
09-21-15, 09:47 AM
What is the point to the mine? What can I use the iron, gold etc for? Can I make something with them later on as I level up? I haven't seen them in my delivery orders yet.. Any insight?

See my reply in the "Newbies" thread.

heyitzme37
05-18-16, 09:50 AM
Is there a trick to getting the red gems in the mine? I've only ever gotten them a couple of times. Makes it difficult to make the necklace and now the vase when all I ever get in the mine are the different ores.

PookieBear50
05-18-16, 11:30 AM
Is there a trick to getting the red gems in the mine? I've only ever gotten them a couple of times. Makes it difficult to make the necklace and now the vase when all I ever get in the mine are the different ores.

There is no real secret to it. It just a matter of chance. The ruby is one of the rarest items to be received from the mine, but there MAY be a psychological trick that will help...maybe.

Go into the mine looking specifically for something else. Gold, maybe, or iron ore. Focus intently on finding one of those. If you actually need one of those for a delivery or to craft something, even better. The more intently you search for one of those, the more likely you are to find a ruby instead.

I know it sounds stupid, but perhaps you've noticed...when you really need something from the mine (or the fishing pond for that matter), you almost never get it right away; instead you get everything else BUT what you're looking for until you've used up several tools.

nygirl27beth
12-22-16, 07:16 PM
How do I access the mine? I've expanded to the parcel of land in front of the entrance, but can't get into it.

PookieBear50
12-22-16, 07:30 PM
You need to actually expand to the mine itself, not just the parcel of land in front of it. It is just like all the other areas of the farm that you need to eventually reach (Fishing hole and Bait Shop, Train Station, Balloon, Water Garden, Truffle Forest, etc.).

raissawinda
12-22-16, 07:36 PM
How do I access the mine? I've expanded to the parcel of land in front of the entrance, but can't get into it.

You have not expanded yet to the mine. Tap the expand sign, and then tap the mine. Make sure you have all you need to expand (expansion papers and some cash). After expanding, you must repair the mine, make sure you get all the repairing tools on your barn. Tap the mine and you will see a pop up showing you must repair the mine. If repairing the mine is done... There you go, you can enter the mine. :o I hope this info helps. Happy Mining.

TwixAndScones
07-19-20, 11:23 AM
I have 65 pickaxes! More than enough to use on the mine. Now I just need to get more shovels (I only have 6) and I've gotten enough tools! :) and expand to the mine, and I've already got my mining business set :) Hopefully it brings in decent/well profit if so.

TwixAndScones
07-19-20, 11:58 AM
Also a question - what are rubies for?

I have almost 60 of them. I know they can be used in the flower shop, but what else?

PookieBear50
07-19-20, 01:24 PM
Also a question - what are rubies for?

I have almost 60 of them. I know they can be used in the flower shop, but what else?

In the Jewelsmith there is a recipe for a necklace that uses 1 ruby and 3 gold (5 hours' crafting time).

PookieBear50
07-19-20, 01:27 PM
I have 65 pickaxes! More than enough to use on the mine. Now I just need to get more shovels (I only have 6) and I've gotten enough tools! :) and expand to the mine, and I've already got my mining business set :) Hopefully it brings in decent/well profit if so.

I would suggest not counting on the Mine for profit. If anything, don't go to the Mine except during events, when we need to get item drops from there. If you are like most of us, you will end up using up a lot of your tools (maybe 5) just to get one drop. You will probably end up with a lot of items from the mining that you can then use for your normal crafting needs.

TwixAndScones
07-19-20, 01:36 PM
I would suggest not counting on the Mine for profit. If anything, don't go to the Mine except during events, when we need to get item drops from there. If you are like most of us, you will end up using up a lot of your tools (maybe 5) just to get one drop. You will probably end up with a lot of items from the mining that you can then use for your normal crafting needs.

Then I will never use any tools in the mine unless needed to, and since I don't have to yet for challenges/events, I'll wait to expand there, as well. Thanks for telling me this!

I have more than enough rubies for now to craft a red ruby vase in the flower shop. I just need to wait 2 and a half more hours to do so.

I don't have the jewel smith yet, so I'll just craft ruby vases then but save over 20-35, for other crafts when I can get there

Paul__
07-20-20, 04:10 PM

Adding to what PookeBear said, you can usually use sell the regular game items you get from the mine during events and make a profit