PDA

View Full Version : digital vs regular cash register?

sesamecake
08-03-13, 11:35 AM
I know you can only have one cashier despite how many cash/digital registers you have. I recently bought a digital register and realized people still use it to check in even if there is no cashier standing behind it. My question is, if you bought another regular cash register, will it work the same way? As in, people will use it to check in before they sit down or does it only work with digital ones? I am adding more doors and registers to hopefully improve the speed at which customers come in and sit down so profits should be a bit faster. Basically, if the regular registers work the same, I will just buy another one of those instead of spending gems on another digital one. Thanks!

kianebakes
08-03-13, 11:51 AM
It works the same. You can have as many as you want, they will all be used to check in. You won't automatically get a person behind it but many users just put a decoration to work the register, like say, the mermaid statue.

sesamecake
08-03-13, 12:19 PM
Thanks, I've been using Miss Confectionery. I think I'll hold off on a third door/register for now... my bakery isn't big enough to do the setup I want. Just feels like money comes in at a snails pace!! It's taking forever for my 2 million expansion!

TinksThots
08-03-13, 11:25 PM
The only difference in the registers is their looks. ;)

ivanang97
08-11-13, 09:33 PM
So it does increase the average number of customers entering your bakery?

sesamecake
08-12-13, 01:05 AM
It doesn't increase the number of customers, as most have observed that there can only be a maximum of 28 customers seated at any point and time. Increasing the amount of tables/chairs also does not increase the amount of customers. The only thing extra registers (along with extra doors, as customers entering from any door will check in at the closest register) will do is increase the speed of customers getting checked in to sit down and eat.

So basically... customers enter the store from the door(s), head to the nearest register, and then find a seat and sit down to eat. Then they pay and leave. With more doors/registers, 3 customers can simultaneously check in at the same time rather than waiting for their turn, and with more doors, it allows you to place more tables/chairs closer to that particular entrance. This way, they have to spend less time walking from the door/register to their seat and can also leave faster. Most setups with 1 door/register is slower because the customers have to walk a longer distance to sit down. If you section off each door area with only a few tables/chairs, the customers won't wander around, wasting time.

Refer to this thread for more information.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?31366-Fecs-Layout-Compared-To-GroovyRuss-My-Results!

cherryberry9
08-12-13, 11:28 AM
No matter how many cashiers you have, one will have a person but customers use them all.

anitahere
08-14-13, 11:50 AM
i have more them one cash register i have two and they both work i have two doors placed by the cash registers. it works. If you would like to check out my bakery my ID: anitahere
I can add a few new neighbors

sesamecake
08-14-13, 12:02 PM
Looks like no one's reading the posts. I've already figured it out, don't need more people saying more than 1 register works. I have 3 now, thanks.

anitahere
08-28-13, 08:48 AM
they get waited on faster no one leaves mad :-)