PDA

View Full Version : Dear Bean Dog,

Sefyre
08-02-13, 03:10 AM
Dear Bean Dog,

Most of the time, you're really pretty cute, but sometimes - sometimes, you remind me of that dog in Duck Hunt and boy oh BOY do you get on my nerves. So much so, in fact, that I am one hair away from deleting your game off of my device!

I love how you lick my screen and I don't mind at all that you are quick to offer me an opportunity to continue my game using Gold Bars, but when I'm on a TIMED DIGGING LEVEL and WITH BOMBS and the seconds are counting down and I am LITERALLY a few blocks away from my Goal, I do NOT need you to pop up like a flipping Jack-in-the-Box the very second my last second ends and without any time or opportunity for me to move my finger away from the screen!

You're so quick to offer me that Pay Gold opportunity and even quicker at taking away said Gold and on ALL THREE OCCASIONS THIS HAS HAPPENED, I NEVER ONCE ASKED YOU TO!

Instead of being cute and friendly, you've become rude and obnoxious and I dread the possibility of seeing your face when I am playing a timed level - especially with bombs - and YOU are the EXACT reason I have never spent a penny further on this game!

Who wants to spend money on a game that relies on accidental 'ooooops' moments brought upon by an overeager dog - especially on Timed and Bomb and DIGGING levels - to use up Gold?

Not me!

Sincerely,
A Very Irritated and Disgruntled Player

In Truth and humor aside:

In games like Dragon Story and Monster Story or even in Bubble Mania or Bingo, I have managed to play them with minimal 'ooooops' moments like these. If the onus is on the Player for all of those games, I can understand that pretty well because it's just a matter of waiting just an extra moment.

But Jewel Mania is the only game where I CONSISTENTLY can't move my fingers away fast enough at the end of a Timed + Digging/Bomb level to miss the Jack-in-the-Box dog who is more than eager to offer me more turns for 30 someodd Gold just as soon as my timer ends. I already had some minor issues with this even without the Timed levels, but with the Timed levels in the later levels, this has become a much bigger and much more troublesome issue and yes, now that I have progressed to levels 80+, I would say that my gameplay experience has been rather affected.

Like I said, I don't MIND the dog popping up and offering me the opportunity to continue playing - not at all! What I DO mind is how he pops up IMMEDIATELY afterwards - especially during a Timed game - and it is way too easy to not move away in time. There's no confirmation button, fine. But there's also not enough time between a Timed stage ending and the dog appearing, either, and that's just not fair and borders on taking advantage of 'ooooops' moments.

Quite frankly, I am mad and though I am tempted to participate in the Gold promo (I really love gem-matching games so I do rather enjoy Jewel Mania) that I usually do now and again for some of the other Team Lava games like Dragon and Monster story, I am adamantly against purchasing any Gold because I am positive that the Bean Dog will pop up right when I'm ending a Timed level and I won't have any chance but to go 'ooooops' and have 30 someodd Gold bars (over a dollar per 'ooooops' just FYI) disappear because I wasn't fast enough to move my fingers away.

I don't mind spending money on your games; I've already done so in the past and will very likely continue to do so in the future. But I want my well-earned money to be redeemed FAIRLY for items in-game that I actually WANT - not what some Jack-in-the-Box dog thinks I must want.

Please, and thank you.