PDA

View Full Version : Problems with gifting neighbors in castle story.

nahnii
08-01-13, 09:42 AM
every time I try to send my neighbors gifts in castle story, the gift icon is greed out. I can't gift any neighbor. Is anyone else having this issue and can anyone help me solve this problem?

arale_norimaki
08-01-13, 09:46 AM
You should try to force close (http://support.apple.com/kb/ht5137) Castle Story, it usually solves the issue for me.

Also, remeber you can only send gifts to three neighbors per day!

nahnii
08-01-13, 11:34 AM
I have tried force closing the app. I guess the whole 3 neighbors per day explains it.

ButterPanda
08-01-13, 11:35 AM
With the gifting feature you can receive and accept a maximum of 20 gifts each day. Pending gifts count as a received gift and will count towards your daily maximum. Declining pending gifts will free up space to receive more gifts if you are still under the limit. If your neighbor attempts to send you a gift before you are able to decline pending gifts, they will receive an error message stating you have already received the maximum amount of gifts for the day. Your neighbors will have to attempt to send the gift again after you have declined pending gifts to free up space. You can send up to 3 of your neighbors a gift once a day, as long as they have not reached their daily limit.

In Castle Story, you are able to gift 3 different neighbors, and receive and accept up to 20 gifts per day. If you select more than 3 neighbors to gift, the game will randomly select the 3 neighbors to send the gifts to.

nahnii
08-01-13, 01:12 PM
Thank you for the information. Really appreciate it.

nan0165
08-02-13, 08:27 AM
Butter Panda,
Is there a max on the amount of silver you can gift and get as gifts?
I have tried to send silver to my 3neighbors at the same time and would get the error msg. Then try to send something other than silver and it would go through. Thanks

MiniLaura
08-02-13, 09:51 AM
Butter Panda,
Is there a max on the amount of silver you can gift and get as gifts?
I have tried to send silver to my 3neighbors at the same time and would get the error msg. Then try to send something other than silver and it would go through. Thanks

Your neighbors are probably full (or close to full) on silver. You can't send a gift to someone if that someone is close to max on that item. (I vaguely remember that they didn't have to be completely maxed out before you got the error message.)

gingersflowers
10-21-13, 03:33 AM
Seems to work only if you do one at a time.... And possibly you are limited to 5 gifts per day?

gingersflowers
10-21-13, 03:36 AM
Have tried all the stop gap measures. Now how about a fix. I have gifts from others that are in pending. ... Silver is not full, but why does that have anything to do with other gifts, how do I move to inventory. Why have gifting at all if it doesn't work.

MiniLaura
10-21-13, 10:58 AM
Seems to work only if you do one at a time.... And possibly you are limited to 5 gifts per day?

As I understand it, you are limited to SENDING three gifts per day, but the limit you can RECEIVE is higher. Other TL games have a limit of receiving 20 gifts per day. I'm not sure what the limit is in Castle Story.

Have tried all the stop gap measures. Now how about a fix. I have gifts from others that are in pending. ... Silver is not full, but why does that have anything to do with other gifts, how do I move to inventory. Why have gifting at all if it doesn't work.
I do not understand what your question is.

If you have silver gifts from your neighbors, you should be able to accept them even if you are full of silver.

Or are you saying that you cannot send silver to your neighbors? If you cannot do that, your neighbors may be full or close to full of silver.

To move your gifts to your inventory, all you have to do is accept them by hitting the "accept" button.

sillymellie
11-24-13, 07:27 PM
I don't get you have a limit of only three per day unlike other games where you can send 20. For me it's very frustrating. My neighbors gift me everyday but can't gift them all in return.

outhouse01
12-18-13, 04:59 PM
For the last 3 days i have been trying to gift one of my regular neighbour/gifters an earth wisp. Each time I try, I get the following message "we are unable to send the gift as you have already sent gifts to your friends or they have already received the maximum number of gifts today."

My neighbour has advised that they only receive about 3 gifts a day and their earth wisp total is under 80.

I have no problem sending gifts to any other neighbour.

Last night, my neighbour suggested a jewel instead. I tried the ew first, no go. Then sent 2 ew's to other neighbours and then tried the jewel to this neighbour. Once again got the same message.

Force closed etc but made no difference. As my neighbour has not exceeded the limit of gifts, is under the max threshold for ews and I have not been able to gift them for 3 days, how do I fix this? Cheers

gdmcrjunkie
12-18-13, 07:09 PM
I'm also having trouble sending earth wisps to one of my neighbours. Is this normal, did something change?