PDA

View Full Version : Biggest and Most Content-Rich Update EVER! -- Speculate Here [iOS]

sand
08-01-13, 05:31 AM
August 2 Update:
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/VenomDragon1/527000_679487782064666_773572818_n1_zps283a0014.pn g
"Something big is coming soon! Can you figure out what it might be? Visit our Forums to join in on the speculation!"

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q715/SamKanj/3E1B2F0C-9430-4CF6-8A2C-A188F21C5130-762-00000060D0D64B22_zps685a4e47.jpg

http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/queengraphics/1001896_681384361875008_38686476_n_zps9ac20e12.png

On July 25, JakeStorm8 announced:
Hi everyone...

...And while I'm here I'll tease the fact that next month you'll be seeing an update that's bigger and contains more content than every feature we've ever released put together. So that's very exciting.

Thanks again and have a lovely night,

-Jake.

On July 29, maximinidan asked:
Are we getting a break? No update? Is the team too busy with fixing the tournament? Or is something big coming our way?

... and PonyRoar responded.
It's all of those things. The calm before the storm. :3

Reference to this huge August update is buried in threads that are no longer seeing much traffic, and has been eclipsed by more pressing matters.
But now, I'd like to put it out there for players who think they may know what promises to be the most game-changing update ever! What can we expect?

Edit-(KP)- Adding information

Yes, it will only be available for the iOS platform at initial release. Sorry! Android will receive it eventually as with the other features (when that happens I'll be sure to shout it from the rooftops, so please remember not to stray from the topic. If you have more Android specific questions, kindly use the existing thread or PM me for direct replies.).

funnyrandomness5112
08-01-13, 05:52 AM
L I know is that it is IOS only because on te parity thread it said this update is not multinplatform at this time.

hubbabubba03
08-01-13, 05:56 AM
How about a wizard's shop, that sells magical materials. Things such as Mystical Dragon Scales, Breath of a Dragon, Crystal Horn, Dragon's tooth, or even a bonus Wizards Chest that contains Legendary Ingredients. Once the Ingredients you have purchased by the means of coin use, or gold for the Wizards Chest have been obtained. Then you will be able to combine your Ingredients, so that you may place it in the Hot Spring Well to create your potions by the Legendary Wizard himself. He basks underneath the Tree Of Knowledge in meditation till he is called on by fellow caretakers. The potion's will be used for Battle Healing , Strength, Stamina, Dexterity, S****s, Speed, and Defense. Your Dragons will never be the same. Also there are other potion's that are capable of making your dragon more attractive to each other.This will help only to bring forth super/ultra rare breeds, but good luck getting the Legendary Wizard to tell you the combinations, he can be quite stubborn. So Good Luck my Fellow Caretakers, and get ready because "It's Time to Let The Battles Begin".

From the island of: The Enchantment

peteparcon
08-01-13, 05:57 AM
Please add "iOS only" to the thread title.

Thanks!

godofsparkle
08-01-13, 06:25 AM
Well there will be a new diamond hybrid ( prism ) soon, it is the most rich update dragon right ? So my guess is there will be new diamond with other elements too like diamond fairytale, or diamond dino etc etc. Along with 500 gold upgradeable diamond habitat would be nice.

maximinidan
08-01-13, 06:27 AM
L I know is that it is IOS only because on te parity thread it said this update is not multinplatform at this time.

Please add "iOS only" to the thread title.

Thanks!

There is currently no evidence that this is iOS only. I understand the android parity quite well because I also have an account on android, but let's not be downers...

I hope it's new islands with a special breeding Island, or a diamond island. Maybe we could get something in the lines of the battle arena, like a race or a flying contest!

08-01-13, 06:31 AM
There is currently no evidence that this is iOS only. I understand the android parity quite well because I also have an account on android, but let's not be downers...

I hope it's new islands with a special breeding Island, or a diamond island. Maybe we could get something in the lines of the battle arena, like a race or a flying contest!

Pony said clearly, that the huge update will not be multi platform. So whatever is coming, wont be for android and kindle. At least not early on, unfortunately.

lollipop_rp
08-01-13, 06:49 AM
I thought maybe there would b a breeding den cave. If you place your current den in there you can get a second one but you'd still have to pay. So it's like a private room for dens lol

Nellie_Lou
08-01-13, 06:58 AM
Where did Pony say it wasn't going to be multi platform?

yayacupcake
08-01-13, 07:01 AM
Where did Pony say it wasn't going to be multi platform?

Follow the arrow if you'd like to see the original post, it was in the Android Parity Thread.

To clear this up, the update Jake's talking about isn't multi-platform at this time.

We'd like to think that recent efforts to bring the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons to all platforms shows that we do care. Implementing the ability to breed Gemstones wasn't easy and needed multiple layers of implementation. While I agree it's certainly not a band-aid, it's a positive step forward. It benefits ALL players and you can now earn Gemstone Dragons for free. If we really didn't care, we never would have bothered.

Thanks for the feedback. Sorry to hear that you aren't enjoying the ability to breed Gemstone Dragons. I'll pass along that you feel strongly that we shouldn't make any Android updates until we're ready for a version update.

mrarfan
08-01-13, 07:59 AM
Oooh! New update featuring lots of new features! That's pretty awesome! I don't expect to see more new elements or very expensive habitats! What I want to see is that they decrease the food amount just a little bit! 125000 Food (Overall) for new dragons are just impossible! =_=

maximinidan
08-01-13, 08:25 AM
New farms would be awesome, I would love to farm more food for more money. I have so many dragons to evolve!!!

Can someone post the link to PonyRoar and JakeStorm8's posts, I can't find them...

danni7788
08-01-13, 08:38 AM
Here's what I think/hope:

- multiple islands (along with habitat increase), and I hope they are themed in some way, like a cloud one above the normal island and a fire, dungeon one below
- more farms with more options (super duper enchanted farm?), but I don't think food will decrease for feeding dragons
- that wizard spell shop that a previous poster mentioned would be AWESOME
- maybe a second breeding den or evolution temple
- a new line of dragons, like a whole new color (orange, gray) with real hybrids like when pink and black hybrids came out

danni7788
08-01-13, 08:43 AM
How about a wizard's shop, that sells magical materials. Things such as Mystical Dragon Scales, Breath of a Dragon, Crystal Horn, Dragon's tooth, or even a bonus Wizards Chest that contains Legendary Ingredients. Once the Ingredients you have purchased by the means of coin use, or gold for the Wizards Chest have been obtained. Then you will be able to combine your Ingredients, so that you may place it in the Hot Spring Well to create your potions by the Legendary Wizard himself. He basks underneath the Tree Of Knowledge in meditation till he is called on by fellow caretakers. The potion's will be used for Battle Healing , Strength, Stamina, Dexterity, S****s, Speed, and Defense. Your Dragons will never be the same. Also there are other potion's that are capable of making your dragon more attractive to each other.This will help only to bring forth super/ultra rare breeds, but good luck getting the Legendary Wizard to tell you the combinations, he can be quite stubborn. So Good Luck my Fellow Caretakers, and get ready because "It's Time to Let The Battles Begin".

From the island of: The Enchantment

This is so cool. What I think they might do is just upgrade the current crafting shop to be able to craft certain things- a boosted breed to get rare dragons, a strength boost for battle arena, a quest boost that increases the chances of getting what you want, maybe have the ability to craft gold or mystic maps but that could be too much like quests.

kwhales
08-01-13, 08:44 AM
I'd like to say, that yes Pony Roar did say the new update won't be multi platformed. But, you are assuming it is IOS. But, did you ever consider that it might be the update Android has been waiting for? I am hoping it is. Chances are its not, but lets keep the faith up a bit longer. Android didn't think they would get gemstones, but they did, so just maybe….

yayacupcake
08-01-13, 09:08 AM
I'd like to say, that yes Pony Roar did say the new update won't be multi platformed. But, you are assuming it is IOS. But, did you ever consider that it might be the update Android has been waiting for? I am hoping it is. Chances are its not, but lets keep the faith up a bit longer. Android didn't think they would get gemstones, but they did, so just maybe….

Does not make sense why TL would update Android and not Kindle. Especially after all that work to bring them back on par with us. It makes more sense to assume that Pony meant iOS only and not iOS and Android only ( or even more confusing iOS and Kindle only O.o). Go with their track record.

And no it doesn't make sense to not be iOS at all. The quoted text from Jake was in the iOS only Dragon Tournament thread.

[S8] Elsa
08-01-13, 09:27 AM
Does not make sense why TL would update Android and not Kindle. Especially after all that work to bring them back on par with us. It makes more sense to assume that Pony meant iOS only and not iOS and Android only ( or even more confusing iOS and Kindle only O.o). Go with their track record.

And no it doesn't make sense to not be iOS at all. The quoted text from Jake was in the iOS only Dragon Tournament thread.

Yes, it will only be available for the iOS platform at initial release. Sorry! Android will receive it eventually as with the other features (when that happens I'll be sure to shout it from the rooftops, so please remember not to stray from the topic. If you have more Android specific questions, kindly use the existing thread or PM me for direct replies.).

montrianmaster
08-01-13, 10:57 AM

ugh. no parity.

moostermine
08-01-13, 11:37 AM

Well, this pretty much bites! Sorry TL, I realize all of you have been working very hard on this and want everyone to be as excited and happy to get it, as you are to release it....
.....but, I think, if it's as wonderful and terrific as we are led to believe AND it isn't released to everybody.... iOS players had better start preparing themselves to say goodbye to their long standing friends and nbrs on non iOS islands. There are a growing number for whom this will be the last straw.....it makes me sad to say....but I will miss you my friends.....

peteparcon
08-01-13, 12:10 PM
For the sake of the android players (if they're still planning to continue playing), just let this thread die.

:-)

kwhales
08-01-13, 01:40 PM
For the sake of the android players (if they're still planning to continue playing), just let this thread die.

:-)

Why? We all chose the device we have because we like the device, not for this game. So we should be happy with our choice.

IOS should be able to talk about releases as much as Android/Kindle can talk about no releases.

Personally, I don't want a release, big or otherwise. Not right now. I have so many dragons to catch up on and more stuff is just going to get in the way.

Oh, but there is one thing TL can do. >>>>increase the chances of getting dragons, all dragons, not just common or rare. I know they are super and ultra rare, but please.<<< and this would be for all devices.

kwhales
08-01-13, 01:41 PM
Oh, wait, one more thing I'd like if we do get this release. ANOTHER ISLAND PLEASE.

MomsHouseofSweets
08-01-13, 02:34 PM
Well, this pretty much bites! Sorry TL, I realize all of you have been working very hard on this and want everyone to be as excited and happy to get it, as you are to release it....
.....but, I think, if it's as wonderful and terrific as we are led to believe AND it isn't released to everybody.... iOS players had better start preparing themselves to say goodbye to their long standing friends and nbrs on non iOS islands. There are a growing number for whom this will be the last straw.....it makes me sad to say....but I will miss you my friends.....

I'm one of the Androids who will be leaving when the "Big" update with so much in it for just IOS.

yayacupcake
08-01-13, 03:11 PM
I'm just wondering why we can't get an update on the parity and where it stands. At this point we really deserve an explanation. A "We are unable to discuss parity at this point" is really not going to cut it.

sand
08-01-13, 03:44 PM
There's an Android/iOS parity thread for people who want to comment on that long painful issue. This isn't that.
There's a Suggestions thread for people to say what they'd like to see in the game. This isn't that. Not quite, anyway.
The idea for this thread was to see whether we could make EDUCATED guesses to what TL has in store for their biggest update ever. That's why it's useful to add statements that TL staff members have made elsewhere about this update. (If you tap the double arrows to the right of a person's name who is being quoted in a bubble, it will take you to the full original quote in its original place.)
But that's just one set of clues. Let's watch for signs or changes in the game that may give us further hints. Let's also consider long-standing wishes and features that various players have repeatedly suggested; or current features that aren't quite living up to expectation.

hamadrys
08-01-13, 03:53 PM
You guys are going to have a new island and a second breeding den. On the new island will be a race track where you'll be able to win gold.

yayacupcake
08-01-13, 03:56 PM
You guys are going to have a new island and a second breeding den. On the new island will be a race track where you'll be able to win gold.

Probably all of that, and maybe more. Biggest feature update ever, bigger than all features released... probably a massive amount of decorations, new crafting recipes, large diamond habitats and legendary class dragons.

sand
08-01-13, 04:17 PM
Let's recap. Our last "big surprise" (which unfortunately fell short of many players' expectations) saw a transformation of gemstone dragons into hybrids of a new element, making them breedable on Android islands and both breedable and craftable on iOS islands.
The next change I noticed was the temporary week-long return of some previously retired dragons, giving players another shot at dragons we thought were gone forever. (While hashing out a theory on gemstone "twinkling" I had toyed with the idea of a wormhole in the Trading Portal that would allow us to occasionally pull retired dragons back from the dragon realm. Hmmm...)
Alongside that was the rollout of the Ethereal tournament to all islands with a functioning arena. That's where progress hit the wall. While the beta versions of the tournament mini-game had a glitch here and there, this release hit the wall and had to be quickly shut down. It was during the first shut-down of the iOS-wide tournament that we first got word of the great August update. In fact, it was PART of the shut-down message. TL has not managed to successfully restart that tournament, which is now "on ice." But could tournaments for all have been a herald of things to come?
Prism, the first diamond hybrid since Helios, made its debut today. Will diamonds be changing their breeding patterns again?
Social dragon appears to be ... shy. Here but not here. Not quite ready. Will Social be the first of the universally accepted dragons that can live wherever you want to put them? There has to be more. Much more.
But what could be more than all features combined? That seems to point to a new place on our islands, or a new off-island dimension, where we could do things we only dreamed of before.

sand
08-01-13, 04:20 PM
I just hope the thing will be able to run on my iPhone4. How much content can they pack in and not have it crawl, lag and crash to the point of being unplayable?

sand
08-01-13, 04:27 PM

Probably all of that, and maybe more. Biggest feature update ever, bigger than all features released... probably a massive amount of decorations, new crafting recipes, large diamond habitats and legendary class dragons.

Ah, yes. Yikes! Those supra-epic arena dragons they told us were there just for added challenge (like we needed it). What if epic is no longer the final form of our dragons? I'm NOT looking forward to feeding those high-maintenance lizards beyond level 10! What if we got a race track and only supra-epic (legendary) dragon can compete for gold?

lollipop_rp
08-01-13, 04:28 PM
Let's recap. Our last "big surprise" (which unfortunately fell short of many players' expectations) saw a transformation of gemstone dragons into hybrids of a new element, making them breedable on Android islands and both breedable and craftable on iOS islands.
The next change I noticed was the temporary week-long return of some previously retired dragons, giving players another shot at dragons we thought were gone forever. (While hashing out a theory on gemstone "twinkling" I had toyed with the idea of a wormhole in the Trading Portal that would allow us to occasionally pull retired dragons back from the dragon realm. Hmmm...)
Alongside that was the rollout of the Ethereal tournament to all islands with a functioning arena. That's where progress hit the wall. While the beta versions of the tournament mini-game had a glitch here and there, this release hit the wall and had to be quickly shut down. It was during the first shut-down of the iOS-wide tournament that we first got word of the great August update. In fact, it was PART of the shut-down message. TL has not managed to successfully restart that tournament, which is now "on ice." But could tournaments for all have been a herald of things to come?
Prism, the first diamond hybrid since Helios, made its debut today. Will diamonds be changing their breeding patterns again?
Social dragon appears to be ... shy. Here but not here. Not quite ready. Will Social be the first of the universally accepted dragons that can live wherever you want to put them? There has to be more. Much more.
But what could be more than all features combined? That seems to point to a new place on our islands, or a new off-island dimension, where we could do things we only dreamed of before.

Well said

But we had or I had high hopes from the gemstone dragon "surprise" but I don't feel it was as grand as I expected. If this is another surprise where we have a high hopes and then boom it's something like a weekly dragon update, we kinda get annoyed or triggered you could say. It's like buying a table but the legs are sold separately.
Like I don't know,

Almost as if the gemstone update wasn't quite what I was expecting...

Anyone get what I'm saying?

yayacupcake
08-01-13, 04:36 PM
Well said

But we had or I had high hopes from the gemstone dragon "surprise" but I don't feel it was as grand as I expected. If this is another surprise where we have a high hopes and then boom it's something like a weekly dragon update, we kinda get annoyed or triggered you could say. It's like buying a table but the legs are sold separately.
Like I don't know,

Almost as if the gemstone update wasn't quite what I was expecting...

Anyone get what I'm saying?

Your saying that they made the Gemstone dragon bigger than it really was. In reality it was just another Dino / Stone / Zodiac / etc element that had pre-existing children. Once again they are teasing "BIGGEST UPDATE EVAR!!!" so based on how much they hyped the last "BIGGEST THING" we really shouldn't be getting our hopes up that much... I get what you are saying.

knj00
08-01-13, 06:22 PM
Ok call me a pessimist and a broken record but no matter how much I want an extra breeding den, evolution temple, new island, cheaper feeding dragons, easier to breed dragons... hmmm I know there is more.... lol.

Anyway, no matter how much I want those things I'm still going with a gigantic catastrophe. :p Like a huge tsunami, Ice Age, or Meteor Strike. Our dragons will not be wiped out (don't want to upset anyone) but things will be totally different and we will not recognize our game anymore.
TL has done some strange things and I don't want to get my hopes up so I guess if I expect the worst whatever it is will surprise me. ;)

funnyrandomness5112
08-01-13, 06:23 PM
Ok call me a pessimist and a broken record but no matter how much I want an extra breeding den, evolution temple, new island, cheaper feeding dragons, easier to breed dragons... hmmm I know there is more.... lol.

Anyway, no matter how much I want those things I'm still going with a gigantic catastrophe. :p Like a huge tsunami, Ice Age, or Meteor Strike. Our dragons will not be wiped out (don't want to upset anyone) but things will be totally different and we will not recognize our game anymore.
TL has done some strange things and I don't want to get my hopes up so I guess if I expect the worst whatever it is will surprise me. ;)

I hope its the GOOD kind of surprise, Not like the one I recieved Yesterday, ;)

funnyrandomness5112
08-01-13, 06:24 PM
Oh and Can any of the CM's GIve us a Time frame of when this will happen.. I'm Guessing in the Next couple of weeks or So?

noir77
08-01-13, 07:00 PM
Guys you can now expand to previously grey areas: entire top island, and right island. Not sure about the others I haven't expanded that far.

aileeniweeni
08-01-13, 07:05 PM
Guys you can now expand to previously grey areas: entire top island, and right island. Not sure about the others I haven't expanded that far.

All of the previously grey areas are open for expansion (except for the one on the main island) for 1,000,000 coins and 64 maps each, 3 day waiting period. So 3 new expansion plots.

funnyrandomness5112
08-01-13, 07:23 PM

2 of the three expansion plots! One on main island is still unavailable.

aceblade
08-01-13, 07:51 PM
It will be strange collecting maps from neighbors again. lol

igames4me
08-01-13, 09:10 PM
Maybe to those that are fully expanded receive one island as reward (yay my main account) just need to expand to the areas opened today

08-01-13, 09:36 PM
Oh boo! I'd just fully expanded and was about to lose some of the 600+ neighbors I have. Then I see we can expand some more so I need to agitate myself by asking for maps for at least another couple weeks.

maximinidan
08-01-13, 10:21 PM
Anyone notice that we can get much further on the left side of the screen? I can go so far that I don't see the islands! Even when I completely zoom out. Anyone else?

N13L5R
08-02-13, 02:16 AM
Anyone notice that we can get much further on the left side of the screen? I can go so far that I don't see the islands! Even when I completely zoom out. Anyone else?

This isn't new, noticed this a few weeks ago when searching for clues for the big suprise. I don't know if you could go so far before that.

picklylily
08-02-13, 03:17 AM
They will probably release all of the limited/removed dragons all at the same time and it will be total chaos. Lol ;)

doop01
08-02-13, 04:37 AM
they will probably release all of the limited/removed dragons all at the same time and it will be total chaos. Lol ;)
lol! ;)

killbethy
08-02-13, 05:27 AM
Hmmm... If it's the biggest update EVER, we need to think beyond the Light update (probably the biggest so far for those that can remember when it was introduced). My guess is we will see more islands/land, since it's getting pretty tricky to place the max number of habitats and still decorate nicely. Probably the introduction of another new main element (something closer to the fire or forest elements), so dragon updates aren't continually the single element combos (like stone, Dino, etc), more decor (especially if they add more land). Perhaps a new dragon to earn in the arena (or some other change for more prizes), since leviathan has been out for a while and the arena is a bit useless if you have it already and don't want another. Lastly, maybe a new function like being able to trade dragons with neighbors or something along those lines... Making gemstone dragons breedable might hint at something new like the spell shop, etc... So something interactive like a trading center. My several cents.

sand
08-02-13, 06:37 AM
We have another set of clues:
in the game there were always 4 spots who couldn't be expanded. now 3 of them can! i don't know why, maybe it's part of that "ultimate surprise" thingy :)

just wanted to tell you guys!

Here's a breakdown of current island real estate:
Main Waterfall cliff: 31 plots (1 closed)
North cliff: 19 plots (1 closed until Aug 1)
Large east cliff: 26 plots (1 closed until Aug 1)
Mid-sized southeast cliff: 13 plots (1 closed until Aug 1)
Southwest Dawntree cliff: 9 plots (1 reserved for the unmovable Dawntree on iOS islands)
Small south cliff: 6 plots
There are 104 plots on every island. Until yesterday, 4 were closed, 1 reserved, and 99 available for habitats and decorations. Now 1 is closed, 1 reserved, and 102 available for habitats and decorations (103 on non-iOS islands).
The unannounced opening of 3 closed plots suggests that TL is making room for SOMETHING. It wasn't done to accomodate current habitat constructions because we had 99 plots on which to build up to 52 habitats, so nearly half of players' real estate is either uncleared, empty or being used for decorations.
My educated guess is that some structure in the great update will need a lot of space, requiring us to move our habitats out of the way and possibly store a good many decorations in order to build it.
But there is one more small, but not so small, thing: They left one plot closed! The plot in the west section of the main waterfall cliff remains dark. Is this being reserved for another SOMETHING? - some permanently fixed structure like Dawntree, Outpost and Arena? Perhaps this may be a dimension portal - a gateway taking us to new territory.

Takiofallen
08-02-13, 07:50 AM
Thanks for the update i have not had to expand in so long i did't notice. 2 weeks to expand the new spots hope it will be released in that time
We have another set of clues:

Here's a breakdown of current island real estate:
Main Waterfall cliff: 31 plots (1 closed)
North cliff: 19 plots (1 closed until Aug 1)
Large east cliff: 26 plots (1 closed until Aug 1)
Mid-sized southeast cliff: 13 plots (1 closed until Aug 1)
Southwest Dawntree cliff: 9 plots (1 reserved for the unmovable Dawntree on iOS islands)
Small south cliff: 6 plots
There are 104 plots on every island. Until yesterday, 4 were closed, 1 reserved, and 99 available for habitats and decorations. Now 1 is closed, 1 reserved, and 102 available for habitats and decorations (103 on non-iOS islands).
The unannounced opening of 3 closed plots suggests that TL is making room for SOMETHING. It wasn't done to accomodate current habitat constructions because we had 99 plots on which to build up to 52 habitats, so nearly half of players' real estate is either uncleared, empty or being used for decorations.
My educated guess is that some structure in the great update will need a lot of space, requiring us to move our habitats out of the way and possibly store a good many decorations in order to build it.
But there is one more small, but not so small, thing: They left one plot closed! The plot in the west section of the main waterfall cliff remains dark. Is this being reserved for another SOMETHING? - some permanently fixed structure like Dawntree, Outpost and Arena? Perhaps this may be a dimension portal - a gateway taking us to new territory.

yayacupcake
08-02-13, 08:03 AM
My guess would be second den, new island, removal of color splitting and expanding on the new elements by adding Common, Rare, Super Rare dragons for all color combos adding in at least another hundred dragons.

celiadean
08-02-13, 12:06 PM
Has anyone noticed that the treasure & stain glass habitats now hold 2 dragons instead of 1? I just saw it on an isle so I checked mine & sure enough.

08-02-13, 12:18 PM
Has anyone noticed that the treasure & stain glass habitats now hold 2 dragons instead of 1? I just saw it on an isle so I checked mine & sure enough.

This was done when Midas was released.

knj00
08-02-13, 02:01 PM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/VenomDragon1/527000_679487782064666_773572818_n1_zps283a0014.pn g (http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/VenomDragon1/media/527000_679487782064666_773572818_n1_zps283a0014.pn g.html)
This just in.

knj00
08-02-13, 02:02 PM
Sorry from DS FB page with
"Something big is coming soon! Can you figure out what it might be? Visit our Forums to join in on the speculation!"

picklylily
08-02-13, 02:04 PM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/VenomDragon1/527000_679487782064666_773572818_n1_zps283a0014.pn g (http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/VenomDragon1/media/527000_679487782064666_773572818_n1_zps283a0014.pn g.html)
This just in.

Looks like something icy cold. Brrrrr :3

kwhales
08-02-13, 02:09 PM
Ooh!!!! Its gonna SNOW on our islands. Or a frozen island-the north pole maybe? The picture above looks like antartica.

knj00
08-02-13, 02:25 PM
Ok, maybe we will have an ice age just on an additional island with new cold dragons and habitats, extra breeding den, extra evolution temple, cold decor and more. :)

adrianelady
08-02-13, 02:25 PM
I believe that we are going to get a new island cause I saw a picture

knj00
08-02-13, 02:27 PM

? Picture of a new island? Where?

08-02-13, 02:27 PM
This just in.

Wowzah! It has to be a new functional building. Maybe ice dragons?

kwhales
08-02-13, 02:28 PM
? Picture of a new island? Where?

Post 51 has the closest picture. We think the purplish black thing with a question mark is an island.

08-02-13, 02:28 PM

Yeah, where?

08-02-13, 02:29 PM
Post 51 has the closest picture. We think the purplish black thing with a question mark is an island.

Post 51 is a pic of the building outline from the teaser. That's not an island.

picklylily
08-02-13, 02:30 PM

Does it look like the whole island? Can't zoom out on my device :(

knj00
08-02-13, 02:30 PM

haha, yes I posted that. I thought they meant somewhere else. :p

kwhales
08-02-13, 02:31 PM

That doesn't look like any buildings I ever saw. Still looks like an outline of an island to me. A flat one, like taken from overhead or on a map.

knj00
08-02-13, 02:34 PM
That doesn't look like any buildings I ever saw. Still looks like an outline of an island to me. A flat one, like taken from overhead or on a map.

I agree

picklylily
08-02-13, 02:35 PM
Could be a building. But I like the idea of an additional island. :3

On the Ethereal thread, Pony said the tournament is on ice. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing it.

08-02-13, 02:37 PM

It looks like a funky looking building, from how the very top seems like a roof. They are wearing costs so it has to do something with ice. Perhaps a new island, but I'm sure a new building will be included somewhere. Guess it means ill want to break my rule and invest in some gold. Whatever everything turns out to be, it WON'T all come cheap.

kwhales
08-02-13, 02:37 PM
Could be a building. But I like the idea of an additional island. :3

On the Ethereal thread, Pony said the tournament is on ice. Maybe I'm just over-analyzing it.

And Ethereal means not of this world, other worldly. OOH hints. Cold, other worldly, possible island or building, HMM.

knj00
08-02-13, 02:38 PM
Whatever everything turns out to be, it WON'T all come cheap.

LOL, does much of anything on DS.

cynicalgenecidal
08-02-13, 02:43 PM
Idk what it is but hopefully it has to do wi getting more farms, the food these dragons require take a while to get :(

yayacupcake
08-02-13, 02:47 PM

Could be. Kinda reminds me of how to train your dragon where I'm pretty sure the town was at the edge of cliffs by the sea, down at the bottom by the sea were docks that went out.... Picture looks like that to me. Like some big building sitting on a island with docks going around the bottom edges... going out to some docks or boat house or something...

sunkalito
08-02-13, 03:42 PM
It will be strange collecting maps from neighbors again. lol

Tell me about it, i almost fell asleep tapping the screen about 300 times!!! Eeeesh. (339 to be precise lol)

Anyway.... Don't know what to think. On the one hand i am super curious and excited about this, but on the other hand i feel like i'm dragging so far behind that i'll never catch up :( no stones or dino hybrids, and a bunch of other dragons amiss. I finally got three black hybrids though, whoooo!! Lol.

athena238
08-02-13, 03:55 PM
That certainly looks like another island. I hope so

DevonM88
08-02-13, 03:58 PM
That certainly looks like another island. I hope so

If it's an extra island and Android can't get it that would be pretty horrible.

buffmama
08-02-13, 04:19 PM
Thank You :) I did not know this :rolleyes:

All of the previously grey areas are open for expansion (except for the one on the main island) for 1,000,000 coins and 64 maps each, 3 day waiting period. So 3 new expansion plots.

buffmama
08-02-13, 04:26 PM
Maybe a portal to another land... Land of Ice Dragons????

HenryLucky1
08-02-13, 05:13 PM
That's something like Ice age, just like New dawn maybe..

lollipop_rp
08-02-13, 06:27 PM
Maybe a portal to another land... Land of Ice Dragons????

I think it's something like that
But I guess we'll never know for sure

jumperjing3
08-02-13, 06:46 PM
Look at the animal(dragon?) around his neck and the animal(dragon?) on her jacket. They both look like "fire and ice" breeds.

lollipop_rp
08-02-13, 07:33 PM
This just in.

Look at the animal(dragon?) around his neck and the animal(dragon?) on her jacket. They both look like "fire and ice" breeds.

Your right. Maybe they will be new dragons that we are going to get?

I'm soo excited for this update. I hope it doesn't let me down like the gemstone update. (But that was good for android)

heyowomo
08-02-13, 07:52 PM
Um in the picture knj is showing the person on the right to seems to be holding a wolf looking dragon. Maybe they will make ice dragons or something it's just a guess I'm most likely wrong :3

maximinidan
08-02-13, 09:14 PM

That weird looking dragon has been on his shoulders since the beginning, it' most likely not a hint. Goals, images on app store, etc all have that weird dragon.

maximinidan
08-02-13, 09:36 PM
So, JakeStorm8 said there would be more features than all the other features put together...

I don't know where to start!!!

I hope it's an island of winter wonderland, with sliding races, new decorations, and new dragons.
Somehow I would prefer getting a whole bunch of new dragons at once instead of 2 per week...

I'm ready for a change in breeding, new rules.
Spin a wheel for a dominant color or parent in the next breeding.
Breed repeat button.
Epic dragons have a slightly increased chance of breeding rares/super rares/ultra rares...

I'm too tired to continue for now, but I'll post some more interesting things when I'm awake!

richellabenoja
08-02-13, 09:51 PM
its definitely an island.and i dont think there will be a portal. my guess is it will be placed on the left side.and i think it will have the same structure of our existing island.just adding a snow concept to it.i dont think its a building.on the bottom we can see stalagmiteslike on the edge of the cliffs. a small island just like the size of the dawn tree island.

richellabenoja
08-02-13, 09:53 PM
just hope the zoom out function will be brought back along with the update.

ganodustin
08-03-13, 12:09 AM
there's gonna be a new building or a new island, but who cares? i cant have it anyway. :S

hubbabubba03
08-03-13, 07:03 AM
there's gonna be a new building or a new island, but who cares? i cant have it anyway. :S

:(Android Player):

As a caretaker for Dragon story I am deeply sadden
about the upcoming new feature, and for my dragons
I see an island with some buildings, and things
who would've know how much joy it would bring

My dragons weep near the weeping willow tree
and gaze to the stars
in hopes to see a true purpose of living
maybe even a chance to see mars

Everyday the dragons eat, fly, and breed
to welcome new dragons
to there home each week
joyous yet saddened where my poor little dragons

They have began to notice many dragons going on quest
battling,crafting,trading and well you know the rest
There eyes glimmered up with sheer shimmer
like men to gold when they see something glitter

As their caretaker i told them to pray
in-spite of everything they continue on
Only to dream of these things one day
A caretaker who carries them on

~TheEchantment

mrarfan
08-03-13, 07:56 AM
So, JakeStorm8 said there would be more features than all the other features put together...

I don't know where to start!!!

I hope it's an island of winter wonderland, with sliding races, new decorations, and new dragons.
Somehow I would prefer getting a whole bunch of new dragons at once instead of 2 per week...

I'm ready for a change in breeding, new rules.
Spin a wheel for a dominant color or parent in the next breeding.
Breed repeat button.
Epic dragons have a slightly increased chance of breeding rares/super rares/ultra rares...

I'm too tired to continue for now, but I'll post some more interesting things when I'm awake!

I'm not looking forward to the new breeding changes and rules! Let the Gemstone Dragons split! Don't take it out on normal dragons or the game will be harder!

cquinn32
08-03-13, 08:00 AM
Lets not get too excited about anything yet. With TL's track record I'm sure whatever IT is we won't see it for many months lol.

MomsHouseofSweets
08-03-13, 08:27 AM
Lets not get too excited about anything yet. With TL's track record I'm sure whatever IT is we won't see it for many months lol.

You could be right and if it DOES take that long, they never should have said anything so early!

DragonRA7
08-03-13, 09:41 AM
I'd like to see a new island that looks different then all the others and the whole island be a giant habitat where all dragons can free roam. And the island would have no silver cap

heyowomo
08-03-13, 09:42 AM
I hope this comes out at least next week I think the update looks cool. It looks like a new island with buildings on it. The people next to the mystery picture are wearing clothes for cold weather which means the update has something to do with ice or snow and winter.

mindymonkey
08-03-13, 10:49 AM
I am very excited and happy for my IOS playing friends! We all knew before we started to play this was mainley a ios platform game, and as an android user i love seeing my friends being excited about this. I think you guys are getting an entire whole new island winter wonderland,the dragons will be amazing:-) I can't wait to share the experiance through your forum updates. I wish ya'll the best,this will be a great thing for you:-) And please post pictures seeing the two new islands together would be ****er.

sand
08-03-13, 11:37 AM
I'm excited that there is now a clear public announcement of the great August update!

The picture from Facebook gives us more clues to work with.
There is no doubt now that there will be some new world. We see Rex and a new friend dressed for a frosty climate with that SOMETHING between them. Island? Portal? (It does rather look like an island outline with those spiky peaks at the top being the boughs of alpine trees.)
I'm still entertaining the possibility of a portal that may be located at the plot on the main cliff that remains closed to expansion.
It would make sense for the new territory to be out of view from our current island because only iOS devices will have access to it. That's another reason I'm still leaning toward a portal.

Now lets pull clues from the characters in the picture. Rex came to us at the very beginning of the game, teaching us how to breed dragons. He has always had that little chameleon-like dragon companion around his neck and, apart from the fur-lined cape, he's wearing his usual clothes. He is balanced perfectly by the new person on the opposite side of the picture. She may be his counterpart in the new territory! Notice she has her own little dragon companion, equally unknown to us. She will likely be our guide to the breeding and/or other features on the other side. (I wonder whether there's any significance to her purple hair and the purple gems on her coat.) I like her little snow-fox dragon.

wayneh23
08-03-13, 04:54 PM
Dragon story with snow, i am calling it Dragon Story 2 the Big Chill.

richellabenoja
08-04-13, 02:39 AM
no wonder they leave one expansion on the main island. i guess it will serve as a bridge connecting the two island together.

scottyhaha
08-04-13, 04:15 AM
When are they you going release it?

kwhales
08-04-13, 05:00 AM
When are they you going release it?

All we were told was next month which would be August now, so anytime now up to August 31.

lmac10
08-04-13, 04:21 PM
I think it would be awesome if this was an entire map of the world opening up and one section is the dragons, another section is for monsters (considering the new characters wolf/fox/dragon looks more like a monster than a dragon) another island for unicorns where like dragons you can breed a fire one and Ice one, rainbow, warhorse etc, perhaps even a fairy isle where you breed fairies and instead of eggs they're seeds, again you could have heaps of those butterfly fairy etc . then another section of the world could be a trophy isle where people can send unwanted eggs there to be displayed. This is just wishful thinking of course lol.

dw9893
08-04-13, 05:10 PM
I think it would be awesome if this was an entire map of the world opening up and one section is the dragons, another section is for monsters (considering the new characters wolf/fox/dragon looks more like a monster than a dragon) another island for unicorns where like dragons you can breed a fire one and Ice one, rainbow, warhorse etc, perhaps even a fairy isle where you breed fairies and instead of eggs they're seeds, again you could have heaps of those butterfly fairy etc . then another section of the world could be a trophy isle where people can send unwanted eggs there to be displayed. This is just wishful thinking of course lol.

You lost me at unicorn island....

/facepalm

lmac10
08-04-13, 05:16 PM
You lost me at unicorn island....

/facepalm

Lol yes it is a bit girlie but there are still awesome tough ones you could do to balance it out lol plus it could be a combination of Pegasus unicorn and horses even Odin had a fearsome charger lol

didgeridork
08-04-13, 05:24 PM
maybe they're going to combine Monster Story with Dragon Story? like instead of it being two separate games, you can travel to a different island within DS and breed monsters/unicorns/whatever

I wouldn't mind that since MS is otherwise dead right now :(

lanadelgaga
08-04-13, 06:31 PM
maybe they're going to combine Monster Story with Dragon Story? like instead of it being two separate games, you can travel to a different island within DS and breed monsters/unicorns/whatever

This would be amazing

I loved Monster Story but it died and stopped getting updates

danni7788
08-04-13, 06:55 PM

I would love this!!

CatLover111
08-04-13, 07:25 PM
Maybe we get to have 3-D personalized Caretaker avatars! My guess is that building thingy is some sort of portal.

jesskiee
08-04-13, 09:24 PM
Needs to be a building that lets you to trade dragons with your neighbours :))

So on my 2 islands I can transfer all diamonds n favv dragons to one island :)

mrarfan
08-04-13, 09:44 PM
Maybe that's an Ice Island? Because the Caretakers are wearing Sweaters in the photo...Lol
Or it could be a Trading Island? We tap in the island and something happens? Lol xD

dracoonic
08-04-13, 11:26 PM
Habitat x 2! thanks devs!

GDude118
08-05-13, 01:11 AM

This would be awesome!

MariaVamp
08-05-13, 01:48 AM
Personally im not so exited about this update... I would really like see TL slowing down a bit the dragon adds and removal, tournament be more than 5 days and stuff like that. Also android is neglected and i say that while i am both android and ios player. Soon we won't have space for new habitats so i hope the update includes bigger island. Im generally disappointed by the turn this game has taken, i play almost since it was published and despite TL's updates it seems to me that has lost its original fun. Now is only about gold donation and frustration...

Bovo71
08-05-13, 05:55 AM
Ice Age hits our island and ****s all of our dragons... Game Over :p

One_Piece_
08-05-13, 08:46 AM

It'll be amazing, but nope... It has something to do with Ice element dragons

Sonic11110
08-05-13, 11:04 AM

Yes :D that would be amazing so then maybe a neighbor has gotten a second dragon of one they already have so they can give it to u cuz they won't want it :D

SamKanj
08-05-13, 03:31 PM
Dragon Story on twitter had just tweeted this, seems interesting :)

http://i1355.photobucket.com/albums/q715/SamKanj/3E1B2F0C-9430-4CF6-8A2C-A188F21C5130-762-00000060D0D64B22_zps685a4e47.jpg

yayacupcake
08-05-13, 03:42 PM

Better be piloted by Mr. Snow or Frosty the Snowman. I'm not too thrilled about a ice themed update. But I'll just wait for everything to be fully announced I'm sure I'll be plenty jealous.

mrarfan
08-05-13, 03:48 PM

It's also on their FB Page?

lollipop_rp
08-05-13, 04:09 PM
Weird, ice in summer.
How ironic? Lol.

maybe it's like quests? Send your dragons and you can get rewards?

But they wouldn't do the same
Concept on a different object right?

It's probably gonna come with a new update like new dawn or valentines day

kwhales
08-05-13, 04:12 PM
Hope its not like their castle in the sky which just sits on the island. Maybe it takes our dragons to the new island or whatever that purplish thing is.

lollipop_rp
08-05-13, 04:14 PM
Hope its not like their castle in the sky which just sits on the island. Maybe it takes our dragons to the new island or whatever that purplish thing is.

Oh yeah, I thought the castle in the sky did something but it was as if TL was like SIKE

08-05-13, 04:30 PM

I love it! Even if its just decor Im sure there will be a boat load of content to go along with it. I think it may come Thursday? Hope so.

IrisheaglesOne
08-05-13, 04:31 PM
Come on people! There is no way that TL would announce something so big that wouldnt be Android and IOS. To do something that big for just one system would be really bad so they wouldnt do that! Not something this big...and announce it as big. Have faith!

yayacupcake
08-05-13, 04:39 PM
Come on people! There is no way that TL would announce something so big that wouldnt be Android and IOS. To do something that big for just one system would be really bad so they wouldnt do that! Not something this big...and announce it as big. Have faith!

There is a way, and yes they would...

To clear this up, the update Jake's talking about isn't multi-platform at this time.

I can confirm that there will not be an Android progress update before the next anticipated iOS update. When there's an update, I'll make sure it's loud and clear. You won't need to read between the lines of anyone's staff post.

igames4me
08-05-13, 04:52 PM
It better not be a gold buyable thing only

Mani_Sari
08-05-13, 05:15 PM
It better not be a gold buyable thing only

Something in this update will surely be gold only purchase, this is a TL were talking about lol. I do hope this update is better than the last one, it was kinda lame and hinted it was so amazing. ;)

noir77
08-05-13, 06:27 PM
LOL - must be a new player.
I loled. Happy for ios players, but Android won't get this for a long time.

cquinn32
08-05-13, 07:03 PM
If and when that little blimp thingy comes to my island it better be full of food for my dragons!!!

dapplefur
08-05-13, 07:21 PM
It's also on their FB Page?

it is. according to facebook it's a structure.

appolis22
08-05-13, 07:22 PM
I hope it gives out free cake!

mindymonkey
08-05-13, 10:22 PM
The new girl looks like she has a baby saber tooth....maybe one of the new dragons, actually it looks like the movie i** a**maybe they'll have a sloth dragon :-) cant forget copy rights

AnonymousNoOne
08-05-13, 11:34 PM
I better find my jacket and start making jackets for my baby dragons don't want them to freeze to death.:p:cool:

LBXodin123
08-06-13, 12:14 AM
What is that update ??? It is already 6th of August!!!

kwhales
08-06-13, 03:24 AM
What is that update ??? It is already 6th of August!!!

TL said next month. So sometime during the month. Could be the last week. Hope not.

godofsparkle
08-06-13, 06:32 AM

Cool ! So i guess the new update will be DS winter edition available for IOS & Android then ? Green grass ground changed to white ? New rare & super rare light blue element, new winter decoration ?
Brrrr....:p

debhutchinson
08-06-13, 06:50 AM
Oh, wait, one more thing I'd like if we do get this release. ANOTHER ISLAND PLEASE.

and please increase the habitat maximums substantially and add more 4-dragon habitats types.

huanglina13
08-06-13, 06:56 AM
Agree. Why we need that flying boat anyway..?:confused:

huanglina13
08-06-13, 06:59 AM
and please increase the habitat maximums substantially and add more 4-dragon habitats types.

Agee.. ..is that flying ship useful?

MomsHouseofSweets
08-06-13, 07:01 AM

You're either joking or a new player, because yes, they certainly would.

krissy5000
08-06-13, 07:42 AM
lol lhey would and they have! Dragon quests, dragon battles, trading and crafting, storage, I could go on and on. Really it would be more shocking if it wasn't IOS-only.

lanadelgaga
08-06-13, 07:58 AM
Do people not see the [iOS] in the thread title lol

hubbabubba03
08-06-13, 08:18 AM
Lol nope I don't ..just because I'm dreaming I already have it on my android device....lol "one can dream can't they ?"

funnyrandomness5112
08-06-13, 08:24 AM
So Do we have a time frame yet?

yayacupcake
08-06-13, 09:24 AM
So Do we have a time frame yet?

Yes, now until August 31st 11:59:59 ... but knowing TL it would be delayed until September 2nd 11:30 MST ( time they release stuff for my time zone )

knj00
08-06-13, 09:50 AM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/VenomDragon1/blimp_zps71beadb6.png (http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/VenomDragon1/media/blimp_zps71beadb6.png.html)
Someone said they think this looks like the blimp docked on the side.

heyowomo
08-06-13, 09:52 AM
If that's the blimp then... That island is VERY big :O

picklylily
08-06-13, 12:56 PM
Or it could be a very tiny blimp :3

yayacupcake
08-06-13, 01:33 PM
OK so new Ice element... yawn... just another element added to list.

yayacupcake
08-06-13, 01:34 PM
Hopefully that big foot towards the top is a legendary dragon that can crush all other dragons.

08-06-13, 01:37 PM
I can't imagine anyone who can actually get the update, being bored with the possibility of what's to come. If that just means more dragons, so be it. As a habitual daily ice eater, I'm quite fond of the new changes to come.

lollipop_rp
08-06-13, 01:37 PM

This must be the arctic air ship

lollipop_rp
08-06-13, 01:45 PM
Lol you smart cupcake!

But I think that the original islands will become white and that we might get another island....

yayacupcake
08-06-13, 01:47 PM
Lol you smart cupcake!

But I think that the original islands will become white and that we might get another island....

Naw, I'm going to read and interpret it to mean more than one new island. :: Covers ears and goes "La la la" from this point on ::

kwhales
08-06-13, 03:03 PM
http://i1302.photobucket.com/albums/ag134/VenomDragon1/blimp_zps71beadb6.png (http://s1302.photobucket.com/user/VenomDragon1/media/blimp_zps71beadb6.png.html)

Looks like a tree to me.

dapplefur
08-06-13, 03:09 PM
from dragon story's facebook page:

We weren't kidding when we said something BIG is coming! But that's just the beginning... Continue the discussion on our forums! http://forums.storm8.com/
http://i289.photobucket.com/albums/ll240/queengraphics/1001896_681384361875008_38686476_n_zps9ac20e12.png

lmac10
08-06-13, 03:11 PM
I love that we're getting a massive new feature however if it is all only ice themed it's very limited as to where you can go plus we already have a winter dragon. Still crossing fingers that it is multiple islands and this is the world map

lmac10
08-06-13, 03:13 PM
Any idea if this is going to be an entire release or will there be a beta test group?

yayacupcake
08-06-13, 03:17 PM
With the release of Summer dragon, maybe they are doing seasonal islands, so 4 new isles...

richellabenoja
08-06-13, 08:31 PM
i think that's the caretaker cabin version of the chillax girl on the opposite of rex.

Dragonilis
08-06-13, 08:37 PM

We weren't kidding when we said something BIG is coming! But that's just the beginning... Continue the discussion on our forums! http://forums.storm8.com/

hahaha dragon photobomb!! someones giant foot is gonna crush those poor frost dragons

With the release of Summer dragon, maybe they are doing seasonal islands, so 4 new isles...

that would just be TOO awesome...so probably not happening XD

richellabenoja
08-06-13, 08:42 PM

i guess well gonna have a frappuccino dragon or a milk tea dragon.

Dragonilis
08-06-13, 08:50 PM
hahaha dragon photobomb!! someones giant foot is gonna crush those poor frost dragons

wait wait......wait...wait just a second....

something "big" is coming.....a giant foot....hmmmm

another piece to the puzzle mayhaps?

*the gears in my head turning*

HenryLucky1
08-07-13, 07:26 AM

I think that foot is Big foot, Big foot is a creature that lives on ice, right?

MariellaAmsler
08-07-13, 07:47 AM
I think that foot is Big foot, Big foot is a creature that lives on ice, right?

hmm think so. or isn't that yeti?

yayacupcake
08-07-13, 07:55 AM
hmm think so. or isn't that yeti?

Or Abominable Snowman, which is think is technically a yeti. Big Foot is believe is just a forest dweller, think Harry and the Hendersons.

MariellaAmsler
08-07-13, 08:06 AM
Or Abominable Snowman, which is think is technically a yeti. Big Foot is believe is just a forest dweller, think Harry and the Hendersons.

thought the same. bigfoot lives in a forest in the usa..
yeti in himalaya, or doesn't he?

heyowomo
08-07-13, 08:53 AM
So I'm guessing this comes out next week since summer dragon comes out Thursday? Seems it will come soon if they are revealing key points to what the secret is. I can't wait to see what the whole surprise is :D

lollipop_rp
08-07-13, 09:21 AM
Clues About New Update

I just made a list of all the clues we got so far so that it is easier to see everything in one post.

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?p=695719#post695719

heyowomo
08-07-13, 11:03 AM
I think the ice dragon on the left is based on serpent and the one on the right is based on life.

moostermine
08-07-13, 11:19 AM
It's hard to see, but this popped up on my android when I levelled up. Can't get into market because of crashing but it looked like a winter habitat.
http://i1307.photobucket.com/albums/s593/moostermine/eb185fe3809b97a8cf9522b5f8e0bcb4_zpse07664cb.jpg

yayacupcake
08-07-13, 11:37 AM
Odd, I was close to a level up too ( Level 105 ) so I bought a couple Zodiac Banners and leveled, no Habitat upgrade for me. Didn't see that listed in my Android either 1.0.7.5

mrarfan
08-07-13, 04:27 PM
I just want to be sure....Is it coming in August?

kwhales
08-07-13, 05:38 PM
I just want to be sure....Is it coming in August?

With all this hype, it better be.

CatLover111
08-07-13, 07:18 PM
That's definitely the blimp.

ganodustin
08-07-13, 09:23 PM
i think it's gonna be a snowy island or icy island

DitsyB
08-08-13, 02:58 AM
Dragon Story 2: The Ice Age. I think it'll be a whole new game accessible through the main game via the icy airship ~ sorta in the same way they did the bubble mania promotion where you could click on the airship and it takes you to the game. This would solve the problem of being unable to add much more content without slowing down the game.

So think back to square one icebergs, stalactites and stalagmites to clear from the ice and free up space for the new ice themed habitats, new base dragons, icy nest, breeding ice cave, pools to fish for food instead of farms, new decorations etc.

Mmmh ... not too sure about where the big foot with "you get the feeling we're being watched" caption. Maybe it's just one of the current dragons from the original game (big brothers) watching over them??

knj00
08-08-13, 11:01 AM
an Update is in the app store..

Spiceshirl
08-08-13, 11:09 AM
Why do I get the feeling we are going into the ice age!!!!

doublescream
08-08-13, 11:10 AM
It's out! Just downloaded the update :D

JakeStorm8
08-08-13, 11:25 AM
The time for speculation has ended! Head over to the feature overview thread to learn about the new release!

http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56813-Expansion-Overview-Introduction-to-the-Arctic-Isles!-iOS