PDA

View Full Version : Treasure Strand - Levels 319 - 324

aileeniweeni
07-30-13, 04:25 PM
Level 319... glass moves level with snakes, crates, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/477bf67e-7c4e-43be-b9c1-c79019386b77_zps7152892f.jpg

the upper snakes on the sides has glass underneath. and you have to **** the 4-headed middle snake in the center to get access to the crates and glass. the crates have glass underneath too. the gifts each contain one glass breaking boost inside. and it actually was helpful for me when i passed the level. i was down to only one or two moves left. the main focus is to **** the 4-headed snake. so you need to make vertical blasters to get the ones at the bottom. or a bomb + vertical blaster. or a diamond and match it with the eye-color. it needs to be done as early in the level as possible so you have plenty of moves to work on breaking down all the crates. this one took me several tries to pass, i think i was stuck on it for a few days.

and i think the theme of this region is gifts in each level. must be related to its name "Treasure Strand"!

Phaedrakiki
07-30-13, 10:43 PM
Wow, that looks tricky, Aileeniweeni! I was wondering why you specified using a vertical blaster + bomb combo? Has the blaster + bomb combo T-blast pattern changed, or have I been missing something all along (highly likely, lol! I mean, I thought diamonds were pretty useless for the longest! ;)) I noticed a couple/few weeks ago that my blaster + bomb wasn't as high as I thought it would be. Was that because of the blaster type, maybe? I thought maybe it was behaving differently because things were getting more difficult in higher levels (not that it makes much sense, lol!) Thank you...I really appreciate all of your fantastic tips, strategy, and observations--so helpful! :)

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 01:32 PM
Wow, that looks tricky, Aileeniweeni! I was wondering why you specified using a vertical blaster + bomb combo? Has the blaster + bomb combo T-blast pattern changed, or have I been missing something all along (highly likely, lol! I mean, I thought diamonds were pretty useless for the longest! ;)) I noticed a couple/few weeks ago that my blaster + bomb wasn't as high as I thought it would be. Was that because of the blaster type, maybe? I thought maybe it was behaving differently because things were getting more difficult in higher levels (not that it makes much sense, lol!) Thank you...I really appreciate all of your fantastic tips, strategy, and observations--so helpful! :)

i was going to edit my post yesterday to change it to just blaster. but i forgot to get to it. oops! yea, it shouldn't matter which blaster, i think i just had vertical blasters on the mind. haha :p the placement is the most important!

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 01:57 PM
Level 320... timed digging level with super dirt, snakes, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/5c9a48bc-4d01-48bb-9f0a-670d2823bbf0_zps608a5334.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/38547e96-6fb6-48e3-b142-06c6ec581109_zps641d7db9.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/f8ceb712-74f9-4b04-8b80-1f96e3975807_zps17e7bd86.jpg

this level took me several tries but the gifts contain a nice surprise. they have either a dirt blasting boost or a snake head remover boost inside. i try to reserve their use for when i really need it. and i think there was a total of 2 each kind. 2:30 on the clock to dig 12 meters. the board won't move down until you eliminate the snake head (unless the snake head position is on the current bottom layer that appears on the board). for me it wasn't that easy to create bombs and blasters on this level, but i did get somewhat close a lot :)

Phaedrakiki
07-31-13, 02:10 PM
(...) it shouldn't matter which blaster, i think i just had vertical blasters on the mind. haha (...)
Oh, good! I thought I'd been overlooking something all this time, lol! Thanks! :)

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 02:44 PM
Level 321... fire moves level with snakes, black jewels, and a gift

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/ef6bb699-fb28-4edc-bd8d-ace40b3a3221_zpsf30cfb7f.jpg

the gift contains a fire extinguisher boost inside. 30 moves to get rid of all the fire. looks like the gift is in a restricted state, so i assume you have to blast it twice to get the gift. i did a few bomb + blaster combos to get the gift and also get rid of the snakes and black jewels. i was happy to not have the time pressure of the fire spreading. and this level took me a few tries to pass.

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 02:51 PM
Level 322... timed fire level with snakes and restricted gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c8ad7327-8d27-4075-b692-b07257af7173_zps9f45d871.jpg

1:10 on the clock to put out all the fire. there are 2 restricted gifts, i think at least one has a fire extinguisher boost and the other...? i didn't find myself always getting them open because sometimes the fire would eat it up. there are four 2-headed snakes on on the board. in this level i didn't really focus on anything in particular besides ****ing the snakes to open up the board. so just move fast!

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 02:57 PM
Level 323... timed glass level with snakes, crates, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/4b9dc5c2-5aae-4ccd-a7ba-db4f27cb8630_zps9db17f25.jpg

man i really need to post right away or start writing details down. because i keep forgetting what's inside the gifts!! i know at least one gift contains a glass breaking boost. but the other might contain a reshuffle or a glass breaking boost... i am not sure anymore :eek:

the only glass on the board are the ones that are visible, so the glass that's around the square gap in the middle and one in each bottom corner. so the crates are unusual in this level in that there are no glass underneath. same with the snake bodies, no glass underneath. so i just focused on breaking the glass in the middle and on getting access to the glass in the corners.

aileeniweeni
07-31-13, 03:10 PM
Level 324... digging moves level with super dirt, snakes, walls, and gifts

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/2196c7d4-f01b-4d6d-823b-65c65abf5ff3_zpsdc5bee94.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/067fb7a2-8415-4a13-b414-0492e4d3cc6d_zps8c696402.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/65c1b0dd-6bcd-46b7-92e4-86404ee39603_zps613428af.jpg

uh oh i forgot what's inside these gifts too. ack!! if i had to guess, they were both dirt blasting boosts. but i passed this on my 1st try so it all happened so fast :) usual bomb + blaster digging is great. and i think i had a diamond + diamond swap on this level, which took out everything that was showing on the board. gramps was not happy! lol.

Phaedrakiki
08-20-13, 02:43 PM
Level 319: 30 glass in 35 moves (5JC.) No changes from Aileeni's post above. Her strategy about getting the 4-headed snake early is right on, btw. I passed this on my 2nd attempt yesterday, and didn't even have to use the glass-breaking boosts. I got a great board that allowed me to combine blaster + bomb to wipe out most of the big snake (reg. blaster took care of the rest.) The upper snakes were ****ed: 1. by a regular match; 2. automatically as jewels fell in (yay!) All this happened pretty early in the round, then I was able to combine a diamond + blaster to break the glass. Really enjoyed this one! :D

Phaedrakiki
08-20-13, 03:02 PM
Level 320: 12 meters in 2:45 (5JC.) They added 15 seconds to this, but I'm still finding it difficult & running out of time. I have got close a couple times, though...where I can see the goal line. But other times I can only dig down 2 or 3 meters! It really seems to depend on your special jewel opportunities...if you can get them aimed where you need them, and create good combos. Diamonds are great for the snakes, though I seem to have them when they're not needed (and they're nowhere to be found when I need to clear a snake head!) It's fun having the gifts--this is the first time I've tried a snake-****ing boost. You just touch the icon at the bottom right and press it to the head you want gone. And those insta-blaster digging boosts are awesome. Those are always a welcome gift in a digging level! I've been through several rounds of energies on this level now, and it's proving to be tough. Not impossible, though. I see glimmers of hope from time to time, so I know I'll get this eventually... ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-21-13, 09:00 PM
Woo-hoo! Finally...I was beginning to worry, lol! Passed 320 by the skin of my teeth (so to speak.) For awhile there I was doing worse than ever, barely getting past the first couple meters. But sometimes there just aren't any good matches, or opportunities to make the specials you need. Or sometimes you're moving too fast; you make a move and quickly realize you messed-up what would've made a perfectly decent bomb, lol! (I do that a lot on timed levels--kick myself when it's a diamond!) I was able to create lots of horizontal blasters this last round, though. And detonate them at the right time--like when there was an actual target like dirt or a snakehead, instead of just "air." ;) They actually added a little more time to the round--couldn't have come at a better time...

Ahh...time to fight fire, now (at my own pace, yippeeee!)

Phaedrakiki
08-22-13, 01:07 AM
Level 321: 16 fire in 40 moves (5JC.) They added 10 moves to this since the orig. post. Took me 4 tries to pass, I think. I had a couple blaster + bomb combos at the perfect time/spots. Prior to that, I'd had some good combos that wiped out lots of fire, but left some straggler flames in the area to the right--which is very hard to reach. And I never could seem to get that gift boost. I un-restricted it, and once the board reshuffled, knocking it loose. But the only time I actually opened that boost was just before I beat the level. If it's a fire extinguisher, it would've come in handy when this happened:

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/8fc45ebc-7bf4-4d89-983b-7439076fdff8_zpsb2174f15.jpg

I had just used a blaster + bomb (or was that the diamond + blaster?) Big combo, anyway--but some of the squares didn't fill with jewels. A glitch? I know jewels filled that area during other rounds, so... :confused:

Phaedrakiki
08-22-13, 01:58 AM
Level 322: 18 fire in 1:10 (5JC.) No changes to this level, but sure wish there was more time! This goes by so fast, and there's a lot to do. The fire spreads quickly, too. As soon as you clear a snakehead, the fire's on the move. It helped a little to set up a special jewel and/or a 2nd snake-clearing move before ****ing the 1st snake (and letting flames thru.) Otherwise, you spend the rest of the time beating back flames at the top. Just have to get the board opened up as soon as possible. I'm not anywhere near close yet, though. Whew, I need some help...big time! Practice, practice, etc.

Phaedrakiki
08-23-13, 02:08 AM
Omg, 322! Hahahaha...rotfl (not really, but...) This level is crazy-impossible. The timer's at 1:20 now, but I'm still not really getting anywhere. I'm usually able to **** the top snakes. And once I got a blaster + bomb on the right side, which took out a few more. But the time's up so quickly, and I've still got tons of fire, snakes, etc. left. I've played many, many rounds...but I've never had less than 10 flames, never cleared all the snakes. I did get a gift boost once, but no time to look and see what it was. Unless I get the luckiest board ever (combos falling into place one after another,) I just don't think this one is possible for me to do in the alotted time.

Phaedrakiki
08-24-13, 04:07 PM
Umm, I'm worried this could be the end of the road for me. Things are not looking good on 322. It's one of those levels where there's only 1 or 2 moves available. You spend time looking for that one move; then the board reshuffles. Repeat. This happens even more frequently if the fire starts spreading, or when you can't **** enough snakes to open-up the board. (These are both very common for me!) I haven't even got close to quieting this fire yet. I got down to 6 flames once, but couldn't get to the stragglers (& time over so fast!) This is all SO frustrating--no fun at all. I'm using one of my 5 energies each time so I can play an older level (to get more stars--and have a little fun!))

finnth12
08-24-13, 07:44 PM
Level 319: 30 glass in 35 moves (5JC.) No changes from Aileeni's post above. Her strategy about getting the 4-headed snake early is right on, btw. I passed this on my 2nd attempt yesterday, and didn't even have to use the glass-breaking boosts. I got a great board that allowed me to combine blaster + bomb to wipe out most of the big snake (reg. blaster took care of the rest.) The upper snakes were ****ed: 1. by a regular match; 2. automatically as jewels fell in (yay!) All this happened pretty early in the round, then I was able to combine a diamond + blaster to break the glass. Really enjoyed this one! :D

Me too, love this level, passed it on first try, even got 3 stars :cool: I got lucky and made bomb and blaster that went down in the middle bottom, so I combined them and I got extra moves.

finnth12
08-24-13, 07:48 PM
Umm, I'm worried this could be the end of the road for me. Things are not looking good on 322. It's one of those levels where there's only 1 or 2 moves available. You spend time looking for that one move; then the board reshuffles. Repeat. This happens even more frequently if the fire starts spreading, or when you can't **** enough snakes to open-up the board. (These are both very common for me!) I haven't even got close to quieting this fire yet. I got down to 6 flames once, but couldn't get to the stragglers (& time over so fast!) This is all SO frustrating--no fun at all. I'm using one of my 5 energies each time so I can play an older level (to get more stars--and have a little fun!))

Lol, don't give up! I, too, everytime I got stuck on fires and timed, I always think that this could be the end of the level for me, but then I still survive, lol. Keep collecting energy so you can play, and more thing is have fun. I get frustrated too sometimes, but I play other TL games, so when I don't have energy I go there (dragon story).

Phaedrakiki
08-27-13, 04:22 AM
Thanks, finnth! I finally passed 322 Sunday...whoo-hoo! I'm so thrilled it's over; I really hated that level! I was so frustrated, and dreaded playing it so much that I only wanted to play the older levels (and get 3 stars, etc.)

While playing my last round, I realized I was getting somewhere. It looked more promising with more "open space" and actual matches in the little jewel paths (between the snakes at the bottom.) So I kept at it, fingers flying, putting out the flames & ****ing the remaining snakes. I had never got that far before, nor had I ever had both boosts, either. It was the first time I had both & could see what they are--a reshuffle & a fire extinguisher! I was still about to run out of time, though, so I had to press the "more time" button. I wasn't about to wait another 4 days for a chance to do better (during all my attempts, I'd never had less than 10 flames.) So I wanted to do whatever was needed to pass. Luckily, *all* I needed were those extra few seconds...they gave me the time I needed to make another match, & use my free fire extinguisher boost on the last flame. Whew! :D (SO happy that's over!)

Now I'm over at Sea Swamp Yacht (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56420-Sea-Swamp-Yacht-Levels-325-330), working on a tight moves level (but not bad, at least I can play at my own pace--yay!) Will be back to add a couple things about the remaining levels here, but gotta get some sleep!

Good luck, and have fun, finnth (if you're even still on this island, lol! You probably already passed it, instead--like on the first day!) :)

finnth12
09-06-13, 12:45 PM
http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/f86d1586de1cc6be408c0b666527a9fa_zpsb5705613.jpg

I was in this level for a while, when I got the chance to finish it, I didn't. Why? Because there was only 1 fire to put off but I forgot I had the extinguisher over there. Then 1 fire grew more, and I couldn't finish it. SILLY ME! ;)

Next, I was having some luck, I got the diamond and blaster early, and passed this level with even 3 stars, yay!

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/95bdeac43ab748b9b7c52f1bd3b9db09_zps49bfec65.jpg

finnth12
09-06-13, 12:49 PM
Level 322, I passed this for a while, don't remember how many times I had to go through this one, again it's fire and timed level, it was fun and not really hard, I only passed 2 stars but it's okay, I can go back again later.
Also, always diamond and blaster was my favorite combo, :p

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/b111637a1507581bbe27036320ec8860_zps9334d32d.jpg

finnth12
09-06-13, 12:54 PM
Level 323, I remember I was stuck here with only 1 glass on the right corner. Geez, when it happened I was just going to scream, lol. My strategy was I break the snake on the right and left as soon as you can, create blaster and bomb together, or at least the blaster, cos its really useful to **** the snake. I was lucky my blaster and bomb went down to the bottom and I combined them, I got 3 stars on this, it was timed level fun, as long as not together with fire, lol.

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/81d46d6f43ec172ac047726c3f1fc06d_zpsfb2609c0.jpg

Phaedrakiki
09-20-13, 01:44 AM
(...) Will be back to add a couple things about the remaining levels here (...) :)

Hmmm, that was posted 8/27...I got kinda busy & forgot to come back (oops!) ;) Now I don't remember much strategy-wise, but I do have the "stats" at least, for anyone who likes to watch for changes in the levels, etc. I can also verify the gift boosts you receive for these last 2 levels... :)

Level 323 (...) i keep forgetting what's inside the gifts!! i know at least one gift contains a glass breaking boost (...)

Level 323: 14 glass in 1:45 (5JC.) No changes since the quoted post above (#8.) The gift boosts when I played were a reshuffle and anti-venom (snake head remover.) With all those crates and other obstacles between the glass tiles in the corners, I wish I'd had some glass-breaking boosts, lol! ;) I can't remember how I passed this, but I'm sure blasters, and a big combo or 2 (like blaster + bomb and/or diamond + blaster) was involved. This level was a little tricky...

Level 324 (...)oh i forgot what's inside these gifts too. ack!! if i had to guess, they were both dirt blasting boosts.

Level 324: Dig 10 meters in 55 moves (5JC.) Aileeni's right...the gifts are those auto-blasting boosts (love those--so handy!) They added 10 moves to this level since the above quoted post, which no doubt helped a lot! Took me 3 tries to pass this. I do remember that this was a fun one! :D

VGailP
08-02-14, 10:00 AM
Level 322, I passed this for a while, don't remember how many times I had to go through this one, again it's fire and timed level, it was fun and not really hard, I only passed 2 stars but it's okay, I can go back again later.
Also, always diamond and blaster was my favorite combo, :p

http://i1342.photobucket.com/albums/o763/finnth12/b111637a1507581bbe27036320ec8860_zps9334d32d.jpg

I am feeling the same kiki felt back when she was here, kinda like the end of the road for me feeling :-(
I have tried so many times I am giving up. Not enough time and certainly no lucky board here.i got to 2-4 flames half dozen times but other times not close at all...just not enough time!

michaelyoni1
08-02-14, 07:05 PM
Some of the timed ones which I complain that there is not enough time, I get my brother to help....we take each side of the screen and bomb away. When there are extra distractions going on during the game I would be aware of those leaving him to just get as many points etc as possible.

Give it a go .... It's fun..... Like doubles tennis.