PDA

View Full Version : Mine Crashes upon using a tool on the mine

crisofer
07-29-13, 10:30 AM
Hello!

I've expanded to the mine, repaired it, and now have the option to use shovels and pickaxes on it.

However, when I drag a shovel or pickaxe onto it, the game crashes. After starting the game again, I noticed that my shovels and pickaxes have been decremented according to what I've used, but I don't appear to have anything added to my inventory (like ore, gold, rubies, metal, etc).

I've tried about 9 or 10 times, alternating between pickaxes and shovels, and it always crashes, and I always lose my tool, and I never get anything back.

Device: IPod Touch 4G, iOS v5.1.1
Version: Farm Story 2 1.2

Any assistance would be great.

07-29-13, 10:43 AM
To collect items from the mine, we need shovels and pick axes each time? I'm two expansions away from it and want to learn as much as I can.

I hope they can fix your problem. Those items aren't easy to come across.

ButterPanda
07-29-13, 10:47 AM
Hi there. Please try deleting the game app and redownloading it from the app store. This is reinstalling the app and will NOT delete your saved data. Your saved game is saved on our servers. Please let us know if this issue still occurs after reinstalling.

crisofer
07-29-13, 11:52 AM
Hey ButterPanda!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I deleted the game, then performed a hard reset of my device, and then reinstalled the game. The issue still occurs as stated. The game crashed. The number of pickaxes I have has decremented, but I did not receive anything for it.

I can try a few more times if you'd like, but I'm running out of tools to try it with.

daisyandteacup
07-29-13, 12:06 PM
I reported this problem to support on Friday but have not had a response yet (not complaining - I know it takes a few days).

I have tried the same with no success and also lose tools. Game and iOS is same as crisofer's, but on iPod 3G. Thought it was maybe my older iPod but maybe it isn't.

Is anyone able to mine successfully right now?

laurie20
07-29-13, 12:50 PM
Nope I am having same issue and have lost my tools each time I try to use them just tried again before posting
iPad wifi only OS 5.1.1
Farm Story 2.1.2

ButterPanda
07-30-13, 10:25 AM
Hey ButterPanda!

Thanks for the quick reply!

I deleted the game, then performed a hard reset of my device, and then reinstalled the game. The issue still occurs as stated. The game crashed. The number of pickaxes I have has decremented, but I did not receive anything for it.

I can try a few more times if you'd like, but I'm running out of tools to try it with.

I checked your account and it worked fine on my device. I also checked my own account and I had no problems with the mine. You may be experiencing connection or performance issues. To help assist your device, force close all open apps that are open in the background (double click your home button to show all open apps). Then be sure to sit or stand as close to your router for the best connection possible. I also suggest that before you try using the mine go visit a neighbor first. This will help sync your device with the server. Then try mining again.

crisofer
07-30-13, 01:46 PM
Hey ButterPanda --

I've tried about five or six more times today (only thrice after taking your advice (close other open apps, visit neighbour prior to mining, standing beside the router (even tried performing a hard-reset of the device))) and I'm still getting the same crash every time.

Would this happen to have anything to do with being on older devices? I'm on an iPod Touch 4G, and it seems as though other people in this thread who are seeing this crash are also on older devices (iPod Touch 3G and iPad 1).

If so, are there ways around this? I suppose we could just not do anything that requires any Mining Goods, which is what I'm doing now, for the time being.

adsyrads84
08-04-13, 10:56 PM
My mine was working fine, but I've gone to use a pick axe and the pick axe came out of my inventory, but I didn't use it. Trying to get some rubies to load on to my train, but I can't mine :-(

adsyrads84
08-04-13, 11:00 PM
It is working again :/ but I still lost a pick axe and I don't get many from my deliveries :-(

crisofer
08-06-13, 10:15 AM
Ah well. I've used about 3-4 pick axes a day on it (to test to see if they've fixed it yet), and every time, it still crashes for me, I lose my pickaxe, and I get nothing for it. I figure I've lost about 20 or so pickaxes this way.

pumpkin13
08-08-13, 03:08 PM
Ah well. I've used about 3-4 pick axes a day on it (to test to see if they've fixed it yet), and every time, it still crashes for me, I lose my pickaxe, and I get nothing for it. I figure I've lost about 20 or so pickaxes this way.

I have been having the same problem for weeks now. I have lost probably 30 or more pick axes and shovels. Team Lava keeps sending me ways of fixing it but they don't work. They even told me to play closer to my router for a better connection. Really? Now they keep repeating the same ideas to fix it.
The same ideas I told them don't work. Almost ready to quit this game.

Ange1684
08-17-13, 12:22 AM
This is happening to me too since I downloaded the update the other day. I removed the game and reinstalled and just wasted more pick axes trying to see if it had fixed the problem but still the same.

[S8] Regina
08-21-13, 04:18 PM
Thank you for all the reports! Please let us know if you continue to experience these issues with Mining so that we can reproduce the errors for investigation.

[S8] Regina
08-23-13, 04:46 PM
We're making improvements to the Mining feature that should reduce the occurrence of force closes. Thanks :)

DocDJ
08-27-13, 02:15 AM
I'm using an iPhone 3 up-to-date iOS 6.1.3. I have re-downloaded to no avail. Couldn't/haven't been able to get into the mine & wasted lots of tools already. Can somebody help please?

madcowmadness
09-03-13, 01:04 AM
Has this issue been resolved for anyone? My mine still crashes.

Ange1684
09-04-13, 03:06 AM
I'm still having issues. After the update the other day it worked once, then crashed next time. Then worked once more but has crashed every time since then.

Ange1684
09-05-13, 05:07 PM
It's now fixed after installing the new update. I have been repeatedly been able to use it without crashing

Sylian
02-07-14, 12:29 PM
I've been having this problem all day. Just wasted 5 pickaxes and a shovel trying all the suggested things on here. It keeps shutting down around the time that I get about halfway through. I saw that it was supposed to be fixed with an update...then I realized that these posts are five months old....I'm currently on the Valentine version of it but this is the first time mining has been so buggy with it but it won't stop no matter what.

MiniLaura
02-07-14, 12:32 PM
I've been having this problem all day. Just wasted 5 pickaxes and a shovel trying all the suggested things on here. It keeps shutting down around the time that I get about halfway through. I saw that it was supposed to be fixed with an update...then I realized that these posts are five months old....I'm currently on the Valentine version of it but this is the first time mining has been so buggy with it but it won't stop no matter what.

This has been reported over. New thread on the issue is here (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?65130-FS2-closes-when-trying-to-mine).