PDA

View Full Version : HTC Shift not working out too well..

Dragonilis
07-28-13, 06:49 PM
I recently broke my phone that I had been using for DS (google nexus), so I'm using my old smart phone until I can get a new one (it's a HTC shift). I switched my storm8 account over with no problems, but Dragon story barely works on this phone. currently, almost every time (about 90% of the time) i try to do the following things; open market, plant food, accept gold, send mystic maps, visit neighbors, open island overview, and send gold, my game crashes and reverts back to the initial load screen that you get when you first enter the game.

I can still, move things, collect coins, feed dragons, move dragons, breed/hatch. my island still loads the same as it did on my nexus (no invisible habitats or dragons. though, it still takes two min to load up dragons, as always.)

things that I have done trying to fix the problem; uninstalling and reinstalling, moving to SD card, making more internal storage (after SD card didn't work), clearing cache, and turning my phone off and on.

could I get confirmation that my phone isn't powerful enough to load DS? or is there some other way to make the game at the very LEAST work 60% of the time?

love this game, but its not really fun when you can't do most anything.

ButterPanda
07-29-13, 04:35 PM
I have checked your account on our HTC device here. Although it does run, it runs slow. The HTC shift device will have trouble running Dragon Story well. Lower end devices like this don't have as much memory as newer devices and games like Dragon Story require a large amount of memory to run well. The best thing you can do, until you get your new device, is to always close any and all running apps that are open in the background. Even if the app isn't in use, just having it open in the background can take away resources from the device. Force closing the game and restarting the device often will also help. The last thing, stand or sit as close as you can to your Wi-Fi connection to help decrease any latency from the device sending and receiving data.