PDA

View Full Version : Gifts

CharlieCattus
07-26-13, 03:18 AM
I hate the fact that I can only return 3 or 4 of the gifts I receive each day. I get many gifts a day from different neighbours and I lose track of which ones I need to gift back. Could you please up the limit to 10 or maybe 20, that would be great. Thanks.

mellymoo2000
08-07-13, 07:54 PM
I agree. City story has 20 - it works well.

yumitsukomi
09-09-13, 06:58 PM
Make it as most other TL games where gifting is limited to 1 per neighbour per day and giving out gems is limited to 3 per day. It makes the game WAY more social.
The more people play the game, the more are likely to spend money on it. I know I do, except when a game makes me feel like it's either pay or don't play!

By limiting gifts to 3 per day you only make it more frustrating and limit your players to those who are happy to spend a lot of money, which isn't much. Do that to a social game and you might as well have ****ed it.

Also, you need to allow people to choose what gift they send so players can really help each other. This way you make walls really useful. Otherwise what's the point of having them? What's the point of having neighbours even???

esmerelda35
09-10-13, 07:45 PM
Make it as most other TL games where gifting is limited to 1 per neighbour per day and giving out gems is limited to 3 per day. It makes the game WAY more social.
The more people play the game, the more are likely to spend money on it. I know I do, except when a game makes me feel like it's either pay or don't play!

By limiting gifts to 3 per day you only make it more frustrating and limit your players to those who are happy to spend a lot of money, which isn't much. Do that to a social game and you might as well have ****ed it.

Also, you need to allow people to choose what gift they send so players can really help each other. This way you make walls really useful. Otherwise what's the point of having them? What's the point of having neighbours even???

Go look around at the walls of some of the players who have been playing for awhile and are further along. They are INCREDIBLY social. Neighbours are incredibly helpful, as we help each other out with what we need for deliveries and our train orders....there's a constant string of comments on neighbours walls. I find it so incredibly social that it actually takes too much time sometimes!!! The gifting is really superfluous in this game I now find - neighbours are constantly helping other neighbours with their needs - getting a gift is great of course, but the real action is doing deals with neighbours, that gets the adrenaline going!
[I also play Castle Story, and it's also limited to 3 gifts per day, so this isn't the only TL game with this limitation.]

Don't get me wrong, I would love to be able to gift more than 3 as I always receive way more than 3 gifts per day, but my point was that the original post indicated that without gifting more, the walls and neighbours are pointless, and I was just trying to explain how the walls and neighbours actually aren't pointless but actually do provide a very social setting.

Mylly2
09-10-13, 11:24 PM
You're right esmeralda35, it's good how we can ask each other for supplies, then sell them to each other, helping fulfill orders.

arikasi
09-12-13, 02:14 PM
3 gifts per day are nice when you can purposely select the gift to give to the neighbor. This adds value because you can help a neighbor with something they require. (Castle Story) or even three gems per day (Dragon Story) since you can then save up for an item.

20 gifts per day receive and either 20 return or unlimited return (Bakery Story, Pet Shop) works well in the random gift format. Since it allows you to ignore the gifts that come through such as wheat and accept the ones that are useful to you.

The mix of the two systems doesn't work well for me as a player. Once the newness of the game has worn off and people have their three daily gifters down, there will come the time that you only get 3 gifts per day. And if those gifts are random and say wheat, wheat, money, gifting becomes pointless. It will be that one day in ten or twenty when you get a building supply that is the only reason to gift.

goodgolly57
09-18-13, 02:07 PM
I agree with "yumitsukomi" and "esmerelda35" regarding the amount of gifts. I play another Team Lava game called Home Design and I am able to select the gift to send to all of my neighbors (over 40) as well as send three gems to three of my other neighbors. I'm afraid my neighbors that don't receive gifts will feel I'm neglecting them and may even delete me. :( What is the purpose of limiting the amount of gifts. As much as I like this game and even though I've spent quite a bit of money on new gems, I'm tempted to stop playing this game. Please help me and others who want to be kind to their neighbors to want to keep farming in this game. Thank you.

goodgolly57
09-18-13, 02:12 PM
Just checked my neighbors in Home Design. Sorry, I misquoted before. I have 91 neighbors and am able to give them a gift every day. Please, please, please fix Farm Story 2 to allow the same gift giving feature. Thank you so much. :)

esmerelda35
09-19-13, 10:10 AM
Actually my point was that in this game, gift giving really isn't much of a factor, and really doesn't impede the level or play or the social factor. The more neighbours you add, the more shops you can see when you look at your side shop, so that is an additional benefit of adding neighbours, not just because of the gifting. Also, when you visit your neighbours, everyone is asking their neighbours if they have "x" to spare, and then they will post it in their shop for you to buy, while you are there waiting, and then you do the same for them. That becomes the real social aspect of the game, and the gifting is really inconsequential. It's great to receive the gifts of course, but if I only received 3 a day (as someone up there was suggesting the gifts would dwindle down to), or even received none a day, it absolutely would not negatively impact my game.

goodgolly57
09-19-13, 12:40 PM
Thanks for clarification. Sorry I misunderstood your point. I'm not receiving the requests you are talking about. I do notice that people are buying items from my store, but have not received requests. I guess I don't fully understand all the aspects of this game. Maybe as I keep playing it will become easier to understand. Thanks again. :)