PDA

View Full Version : Release of dragon story

awsumum
07-25-13, 03:17 PM
Hi! I'm a little confused, and wanted to make sure I had my facts straight.

I just had a new nbr post on my wall that they had been playing for three years, but I was under the impression that dragon story was younger than that. I joined in August/September 2012 but I'm not sure when dragon story started.

I've googled the release date, and the closest I can come to is after June 2012, so I'm pretty sure that my new nbr has a wire crossed somewhere.

If someone (Kooky, Jake?) can confirm for me that DS is not 3 years old, i would be very grateful, and I promise I won't "rub anyone's face in it" or brag.

mrarfan
07-25-13, 03:24 PM
Hi! I'm a little confused, and wanted to make sure I had my facts straight.

I just had a new nbr post on my wall that they had been playing for three years, but I was under the impression that dragon story was younger than that. I joined in August/September 2012 but I'm not sure when dragon story started.

I've googled the release date, and the closest I can come to is after June 2012, so I'm pretty sure that my new nbr has a wire crossed somewhere.

If someone (Kooky, Jake?) can confirm for me that DS is not 3 years old, i would be very grateful, and I promise I won't "rub anyone's face in it" or brag.

If I'm not mistaken it's on May 18 2012!

greygull
07-25-13, 04:17 PM
Dragon Story did come out in May of 2012, but other games have been out longer. I believe Farm Story cam out in May 2010, City Story in August 2010, Restaurant Story in October 2010, etc.

Perhaps they were referring to the whole "Story" line, which is over 3 years now :)

*Note - I'm not 100% sure on exact dates, basing on personal history and forum posts

bigbux3
07-25-13, 04:21 PM
Dragon Story did come out in May of 2012, but other games have been out longer. I believe Farm Story cam out in May 2010, City Story in August 2010, Restaurant Story in October 2010, etc.

Perhaps they were referring to the whole "Story" line, which is over 3 years now :)

*Note - I'm not 100% sure on exact dates, basing on personal history and forum posts
I might be wrong, but I remember when I first started playing TeamLava games back in 2010, I remember each Saturday, we'd get small weekly updates and then a new game would be released in the App Store that same day. I downloaded Restaurant Story on a Saturday, and that was the day it was released.

kooky panda
07-25-13, 04:29 PM
Team Lava Blog :
http://blog.teamlava.com/post/23314712238/now-introducing-dragon-story

Farm story was 5-1-2010.

[S8] Elsa
07-25-13, 04:35 PM
Kooky is correct, Dragon Story isn't 3 years old and went live during May 2012.

sunkalito
07-25-13, 04:55 PM
Kooky is correct, Dragon Story isn't 3 years old and went live during May 2012.

I've been playing since late July, early August! And here I was thinking DS was like seven or eight months along when i started :p

awsumum
07-25-13, 05:17 PM
Thank you everyone for your prompt response :) it's been an absolute pleasure to be part of DS and I love this forum and the people on it!

You guys are wonderful, and thankyou again.

NouraMoh
07-25-13, 06:56 PM
Team Lava Blog :
http://blog.teamlava.com/post/23314712238/now-introducing-dragon-story

Farm story was 5-1-2010.

Yes I remember I used to play Farm Story and one day an ad for DS poped up at the edge of my farm. I wanted to expand but that ad sign wouldn't go away. I was really annoyed that I was forced to download this new game to get rid of the stupid ad

I downloaded it and was curious about the dragons! I followed the instructions given, bought dragons, fed and evolved them and then started breeding! My first hybrid was Life!! I thought it was soooo cute!!!!
When I got my Fairy I was hooked!!!
Back then there were only 4 basic colours and Diamond. No Light or limited dragons!

maximinidan
07-25-13, 09:49 PM
Back then there were only 4 basic colours and Diamond. No Light or limited dragons!

Ah yes, those were the good old days!

bigbux3
07-26-13, 12:01 AM
Ah yes, those were the good old days!

Absolutely!
Now there's so many dragons, I can't keep up. Many dragons I don't have and can't get because I didn't breed in time. And so many elements and habitats! The game crashes all the time for me now because there's so much going on!