PDA

View Full Version : Burning Ember

tiggerhobbes
07-25-13, 11:07 AM
Just curious how many times you had to adventure the desert sands before you got the burning ember? I have had the dragon egg for a while now, got the other two items for some times, but still no hint of the ember. Maybe I need to pull out my camp fire or maybe burn down Thurston's fort to see some results ......

debsbaked
07-25-13, 02:03 PM
Just curious how many times you had to adventure the desert sands before you got the burning ember? I have had the dragon egg for a while now, got the other two items for some times, but still no hint of the ember. Maybe I need to pull out my camp fire or maybe burn down Thurston's fort to see some results ......

I got mine this morning. Either the first or second time out on the sands adventure. I got the fleece right away, still waiting on the diamond.

catcrack
07-25-13, 02:15 PM
Hiya tigg, I received my first one in about 4 tries, the second one has evaded me on several occasions.

judyvines
07-25-13, 03:08 PM
I got my burning ember on the first adventure, and the Golden Fleece on day 2 (from a pink sheep). Have been looking for the large diamond for about 6 days with no luck. Maybe the formula is to give us two out of three rather easily, then make us crazy trying to get the third.

tiggerhobbes
07-25-13, 07:45 PM
Thank you guys :-) At least I can put my sheep back in storage, so it's business as usual and try to forget about the dragon...

Catcrack what do you mean by the second one? O.O Are you onto your second dragon? O.O;;;;; I didn't even know that you can get two X.X

catcrack
07-25-13, 09:09 PM
Thank you guys :-) At least I can put my sheep back in storage, so it's business as usual and try to forget about the dragon...

Catcrack what do you mean by the second one? O.O Are you onto your second dragon? O.O;;;;; I didn't even know that you can get two X.X
Yes, I have a second dragon egg. All you need is another burning ember & 10 luminous essence to hatch the 2nd (etc) one, no need for another fleece or diamond.

tiggerhobbes
07-25-13, 11:46 PM
=_= I'm sending my ninja to study in your wizard school, I need to find out the secret to having bazillion of everything (and possibly pilfering a couple of dark cave formations while I'm at it.)

Would be sweet if we could import our dragon story collections so we don't end up with an army of the same dragon.

Oliver118
07-25-13, 11:48 PM
By the way, you can also buy the Dragon, then you won't need an egg.

Cesar49
07-26-13, 04:58 AM
I got my burning ember on the first adventure, and the Golden Fleece on day 2 (from a pink sheep). Have been looking for the large diamond for about 6 days with no luck. Maybe the formula is to give us two out of three rather easily, then make us crazy trying to get the third.

I wish! It's another one of those random drop things. I got the fleece on about my third collection from the stable, but have collected from my two deep mines (one level 4, the other level one) at least a dozen times and done the desert adventure three times without success in either. I'll have to keep trying! :(

mikado86
07-26-13, 09:57 PM
I got my first one on my first trip... Then after around 20 more I have yet to see another one

shambalaya
07-27-13, 05:16 PM
My knights wandered around the desert 9 days in a row, before they brought back the ember, but now it's cooking :-)

jimboser
07-29-13, 06:39 AM
I'm at about 8 trips or so, still no ember. I've burned through all my silver making platters and armor. Stupid lazy knights that can't carry back animals or trees or embers...

I need a dungeon in my kingdom I can throw my knights into, starting with Thurston.

shbrown_2002
07-29-13, 06:58 AM
Perhaps a stupid question, but am curious if anyone knows the answer: If you skip the "Get 1 Burning Ember" objective with gems, do you actually get the burning ember in your inventory? After 8 adventures in a row and no ember, I may be willing to spend the 80 gems...but only if I actually get the ember.

I asked this on a different thread but didn't get a concrete answer.

kurgan
07-29-13, 10:39 AM
Funny how you tend to get focused on a single goal. To wit: I have been Traversing the Desert Sands in search of a Burning Ember for a week when I received a Sacred Wing. It is my first Alicorn part after at least 85 Adventures; I had kind of given up on that goal. Regardless, progress.

MiniLaura
07-29-13, 11:12 AM
Perhaps a stupid question, but am curious if anyone knows the answer: If you skip the "Get 1 Burning Ember" objective with gems, do you actually get the burning ember in your inventory? After 8 adventures in a row and no ember, I may be willing to spend the 80 gems...but only if I actually get the ember.

Short answer: I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing no.

Long answer: For other goals where you had to collect something: if you skipped with gems, you did not get whatever it was that you were supposed to collect. You only got credit for passing the goal. So if this goal behaves as the other goals did, you would not get the burning ember. Unless we hear from someone who HAS skipped this part with gems, we will not know what the real answer is.

shbrown_2002
07-29-13, 07:27 PM
Short answer: I don't know for certain, but I'm guessing no.

Long answer: For other goals where you had to collect something: if you skipped with gems, you did not get whatever it was that you were supposed to collect. You only got credit for passing the goal. So if this goal behaves as the other goals did, you would not get the burning ember. Unless we hear from someone who HAS skipped this part with gems, we will not know what the real answer is.

Thanks MiniLaura. That is where I was going with my question. If you do NOT get the ember, then skipping the objective is a waste of gems. The next quest has an objective to use that ember to build a fiery potion, so you'll be in the same boat of needing an ember to continue (you'll just be 80 gems lighter).

If anyone has skipped that particular objective and can comment, I'd love to hear if you are given the item by skipping. Until then, I have to replenish my stores of silver and send my knight's out again to that cursed desert. :-(

susbebe
07-30-13, 03:08 PM

I didn't skip the quits, but I buy it in the magic farce to make the dragon.
Sorry my English :o

doublescream
07-31-13, 08:53 AM
I have a question: can you get a second burning ember before you get a second dragon egg?

barcamu
08-07-13, 10:07 PM
Sorry, but i don't understand: What is "sands adventure"? Ths

maguar
08-07-13, 11:03 PM
Sorry, but i don't understand: What is "sands adventure"? Ths

It's this one

http://i1273.photobucket.com/albums/y416/kookypanda99/null_zps06705fd7.png

You need to follow the steps in this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?50540-Princess-Sabina-Faire) to unlock it

Anastisha13
09-10-13, 01:03 AM
I got my first one on my first trip... Then after around 20 more I have yet to see another one

I too received one on the first trip. It went into storage (saw it there a few times) then poof! It was gone. I wrote to report bug and was told "sinc error" ( that is their reply to everything! ) they said that my game had reverted to previous save. (Funny that on the last few saves, the burning ember was in my inventory!) They said there was nothing they could do.
Since then I have been on 15 + quests and received no burning ember! So annoying!

I now force close my game after each visit.
Now let them tell me "sinc error" again. ;-)

mikado86
09-10-13, 07:42 AM
I too received one on the first trip. It went into storage (saw it there a few times) then poof! It was gone. I wrote to report bug and was told "sinc error" ( that is their reply to everything! ) they said that my game had reverted to previous save. (Funny that on the last few saves, the burning ember was in my inventory!) They said there was nothing they could do.
Since then I have been on 15 + quests and received no burning ember! So annoying!

I now force close my game after each visit.
Now let them tell me "sinc error" again. ;-)

... just visit a neighbor, it forces your game to sync and having an internet connection, therefore, it SAVES, so yeah, next time you definitely got something rare and want to take no chances just do that... or close your game, whatever you preffer

MBRBTBRB
09-10-13, 08:12 PM
I've done about six Desert Sands adventures, I've collected from both my deep mines about twenty times each, I've collected from my three sheep about fifty times each, and I still don't have ANY of the items in the quest :'-(

MBRBTBRB
09-13-13, 12:03 AM
Finally got an ember! WooHoo! Still collecting from sheep and deep mines for the other two items.

meme1098
09-13-13, 06:56 AM
I've done about six Desert Sands adventures, I've collected from both my deep mines about twenty times each, I've collected from my three sheep about fifty times each, and I still don't have ANY of the items in the quest :'-(

Be sure and DON'T do the quest with the wool. I did the other day without realizing I would use so much wool and could have kicked myself after I realized what I did. Almost have enough wool now for that darn whispering net.

meme1098
09-13-13, 06:57 AM
Now if I could only get some mermaid scales for that darn blue essence.

meme1098
09-13-13, 06:59 AM
Oops... I meant trade with the wool.

WiseMinerva
10-02-13, 02:33 PM
I've done many, many desert sands adventures and no ember. Is it still available? Why have I not got it after so long?

WiseMinerva
10-02-13, 02:37 PM
I am getting really fed up of waiting for the random drop of the burning ember. I've checked on here and the quest line started in June! That's a really long time to not get a random drop. Is there anything I can do to get one? I've clearly done far more adventures than anyone else who has got one. This is just getting really annoying. Please stop these ridiculous things. Can't you at least set a maximum number of times before the "random" drop goes in your favour? Weeks dragging into months is taking the mickey.

mikado86
10-02-13, 03:24 PM
I've done many, many desert sands adventures and no ember. Is it still available? Why have I not got it after so long?

It is still available, I got one just a few days ago, you have just been unlucky.

froltojo
10-02-13, 07:27 PM
I am getting really fed up of waiting for the random drop of the burning ember. I've checked on here and the quest line started in June! That's a really long time to not get a random drop. Is there anything I can do to get one? I've clearly done far more adventures than anyone else who has got one. This is just getting really annoying. Please stop these ridiculous things. Can't you at least set a maximum number of times before the "random" drop goes in your favour? Weeks dragging into months is taking the mickey.
Ditto!
I am so fed up with making sweet feasts. Send the knights out on alternate days because its near impossible to cook that much sugary stuff in a day. So each day hoping for either a burning ember or the Alicorn horn for months and months. Nada!

kikilicious74
10-04-13, 09:02 PM
I'm getting an alicorn vibe with this ember. Still can't find the darn thing.

carolinarain
10-06-13, 02:23 AM
I've been working on this one for about three weeks now, still no ember, but I've only sent my knights on the quest 3 or 4 times because it takes me a while to make the sweet feasts. Oh how I wish we could have a third kitchen!! The crazy thing is, Friday my knights came home with an Alicorn horn and then tonight they came home with a wing. I thought "why do you have to be good at finding the things I'm not looking for!?!?!" So frustrating, but at least I have a 4th Alicorn on the way now!

dala12
10-06-13, 04:00 AM
Just checking if someone also did not receive the amber.. But I read that I am no the only one! I want to do other things then just bake that cake... Just going back to my kitchens and make suger sugar and the rest.

minndom
10-07-13, 01:46 AM
I think it might have been 8th adventure when I got mine. I didn't count them. It's a bit frustrating as cooking the feast takes so long.

froltojo
10-07-13, 06:29 PM
Hallelujah! Finally got the burning ember today after sending obese knights out every other day for months. Yay no more sweet feasts to make. Now for the elusive Alicorn horn.

studio1859
10-07-13, 08:40 PM
Me too! Me too! Finally! So happy!

froltojo
10-07-13, 10:03 PM
Me too! Me too! Finally! So happy!

:D now we wait for two days!

eastie41
10-14-13, 07:04 PM
Hi Folks! I've received a second dragon egg. The directions for receiving the burning ember say, 'from adventures'. I need clarification. Can I now receive a burning ember from ANY adventure or only from Traverse Desert Sands? Thanks.:cool:

HNO3
10-15-13, 11:18 PM
Hi Folks! I've received a second dragon egg. The directions for receiving the burning ember say, 'from adventures'. I need clarification. Can I now receive a burning ember from ANY adventure or only from Traverse Desert Sands? Thanks.:cool:

I've gotten two spares, and both were from burning sands. Dunno if that's coincidence or not.

akumaace
11-01-13, 01:28 PM
Haven't gotten any burning ember too!
Have been sending knights on adventure after adventure.
It'll probably take ages!
Same as the alicorn (haven't gotten a horn yet but 5 wings)

ginrae22
11-01-13, 02:24 PM
I didn't even know we could still get alicorn parts from adventures. I know they never put a finite time limit on it but good to know you can still get the parts...

outhouse01
11-01-13, 03:42 PM
No burning ember for me after 6 tries so far, but they did just come back with a royal carriage as a consolidation prize I guess.

MinervaBC
11-02-13, 01:36 PM
I still do not have the burning ember either. I have been sending knights on the desert sands adventure at least every other day except when I needed to complete the past two goals. I have used the barracks and castle and neither one is bringing the ember. And now i see that the goal that just came out requires the dragon. So i can't do that until i get the ember and hatch the egg. This is ridiculous. And on top of that I have 8 wings for the Alicorn and no horn. I really hate goals that are based on luck rather than s****.

It would be nice if they would add cooking to the tinker camp. Creating the supplies for the desert sand if too time consuming. And I am unable to send out for desert sand everyday since I have a life outside of castle story that TeamLava does not seem to understand. At least if the tinker camp could make the feasts it would be very helpful or at least let us have 3 kitchens.

stuffedmounts
11-03-13, 06:55 PM
I got the burning ember. Then was robbed of it by what support deemed a "sync error" even though other items I got at the same time didn't vanish. Oh and the mithril I spent on the next step was still missing. As you may understand, I'm still really mad about that. Since support refused to fix any of that, I've been left to continue doing those dumb missions.. And of course I still have not come across another burning ember. And if support reads this message, it will probably take even longer -- if ever.

MinervaBC
11-05-13, 12:21 PM
I got the burning ember. Then was robbed of it by what support deemed a "sync error" even though other items I got at the same time didn't vanish. Oh and the mithril I spent on the next step was still missing. As you may understand, I'm still really mad about that. Since support refused to fix any of that, I've been left to continue doing those dumb missions.. And of course I still have not come across another burning ember. And if support reads this message, it will probably take even longer -- if ever.

I feel your pain. I for one have had it. After over 3 months of sending knights out for the ember I have reached my limit. I just sent the knights out on the desert sand mission and if they do not come back with the ember tomorrow then that is the end of castle story for me. I mean this is ridiculous. I have done far more adventures than others and still do not have the ember. I got the goal when it first came out. I had been sending knights out almost every other day with the exception of when I got the goal to make one of each feast. So even if I had sent out knights every two days that is 30 adventures. So I know I have done far more than 30 adventures. I just cannot take making another sweet feast. So if they do not come back with it tomorrow that will be were i draw the line.

Good job TeamLava.

Castloninian
11-05-13, 01:34 PM
I feel your pain. I for one have had it. After over 3 months of sending knights out for the ember I have reached my limit. I just sent the knights out on the desert sand mission and if they do not come back with the ember tomorrow then that is the end of castle story for me. I mean this is ridiculous. I have done far more adventures than others and still do not have the ember. I got the goal when it first came out. I had been sending knights out almost every other day with the exception of when I got the goal to make one of each feast. So even if I had sent out knights every two days that is 30 adventures. So I know I have done far more than 30 adventures. I just cannot take making another sweet feast. So if they do not come back with it tomorrow that will be were i draw the line.

Good job TeamLava.

Pff that does seem like you're having a long wait. I am currently on my 4th or 5th adventure only but my sweet feasts are running low and forging the armor is getting hard. I don't mind waiting for a random drop but when you actively have to craft things, as opposed to collecting from the mine or stables, it does get hard.
Good luck for tomorrow, hope that ember finally arrives for you.

MinervaBC
11-05-13, 08:26 PM
Pff that does seem like you're having a long wait. I am currently on my 4th or 5th adventure only but my sweet feasts are running low and forging the armor is getting hard. I don't mind waiting for a random drop but when you actively have to craft things, as opposed to collecting from the mine or stables, it does get hard.
Good luck for tomorrow, hope that ember finally arrives for you.

Well I went ahead and used my gems to bring the knights back early and still no ember. I am threw with this game. I really do not know how many dessert sand adventures I have sent through but i was sending them out either every other day or every two days since i got the goal. And I got the goal the same day it was added to the game. So by my calculations I have sent them on the adventure over 30 times. I am at the point that if i make one more sweet desert I will throw my ipad out the window.

Once again teamlava, job well done.

Castloninian
11-06-13, 01:38 AM
Well I went ahead and used my gems to bring the knights back early and still no ember. I am threw with this game. I really do not know how many dessert sand adventures I have sent through but i was sending them out either every other day or every two days since i got the goal. And I got the goal the same day it was added to the game. So by my calculations I have sent them on the adventure over 30 times. I am at the point that if i make one more sweet desert I will throw my ipad out the window.

Once again teamlava, job well done.

I got bored today after no ember and sent my knights on a different adventure in protest. Do you not have any other goals left to work on?

MinervaBC
11-06-13, 01:36 PM
I got bored today after no ember and sent my knights on a different adventure in protest. Do you not have any other goals left to work on?

No, I have no other adventures except for the alicorn and the one that came out last week. The alicorn I had given up on. I figured it will come in one of the adventures. I have 8 wings and no horn. And the adventure that came out last week needs the dragon that I can't get because I do not have the ember. That's really what made it the last draw for me. That I can not complete the new adventure until I get the ember.

Castloninian
11-06-13, 03:05 PM
No, I have no other adventures except for the alicorn and the one that came out last week. The alicorn I had given up on. I figured it will come in one of the adventures. I have 8 wings and no horn. And the adventure that came out last week needs the dragon that I can't get because I do not have the ember. That's really what made it the last draw for me. That I can not complete the new adventure until I get the ember.

Same here, need the dragon to move on with the. glimmergate but I still need the diamond and the ember. Luckily I do still have expanding to do, otherwise it would be very boring. Nothing you can do about it though, just keep trying.

omfgruk
11-09-13, 07:26 AM
I haven't got the fleece or ember and I stopped count how many times I've done the quest .

akumaace
11-09-13, 07:31 AM
Just got mine burning ember about 3 days ago.
Finally have a dragon now to become able to complete the glimmergate quest, otherwise it's impossible to complete the quest to get Greselda's Castle.

line1812
11-11-13, 10:07 AM

Good job TeamLava.

Did you get it?

I am in the same situation as you describe here. Have had the quest since it came out and been sending knights as often as my kitchen would let me. Have used all of my silver and can't even count the numbers of adventures I've done. This is so frustrating! And the fact that I am now blocked from any progress with further quests (Greselda) because of this stupid thing really annoys me. And I really liked the game.
Have even considered using gems to skip the ember, but as the next goal says to 'use' the ember I am not sure that this is even an option.

dala12
11-14-13, 08:20 AM
I have the same question. I also do not want to make that cake. I have saved the gems to skip the ember. But I also do not know if you can make the dragon.....

ratandrooster
11-16-13, 11:57 PM
I still have no burning ember, no horn or wing, nothing.

line1812
11-17-13, 08:19 AM
I got the ember!!! I can't believe it! I now have the potion cooking. Thanks TL that really was what I wanted for Christmas :D

Although, when my knights returned with the ember my character said something about them knights deserving a raise...weeell I don't know about that. If they were hoping for anything else than a grumpy 'about time' they were disappointed.

maz3girl
12-02-13, 09:05 PM
And also, how many checks to the deep mine for the diamond? Does the level of your deep mines make any difference at all? (I have one at level 2 and one at level 3).

wswau
12-02-13, 09:34 PM
:D the very first adventure but the fleece and diamond, I don't want to talk about it!! T-T

jptheripper
12-02-13, 10:31 PM
Took me about 6weeks

freesiawoods
12-02-13, 10:44 PM
Got my dragon egg and all required parts for it within days, but nothing ever since. Randomness makes all outcomes possible!

Castloninian
12-03-13, 12:03 AM
It's funny how easy it is to forget how long something took but it was a long time. Got the dragon egg very quickly but only placed my dragon yesterday. So that was a long time. Fleece, diamond, ember were my drops.

Cesar49
12-03-13, 01:02 AM
I got the fleece almost immediately, and the diamond after about a week. At the time both my deep mines were about level 2 so I don't think it makes a difference. The burning ember took three weeks of constant desert adventures before it turned up!

redlorry
12-03-13, 05:40 AM
I do have 1 dragon. Got ember 3rd or 4th adventure. I have been on many (at least a few every week since goal came out) desert adventures trying to get another ember but no luck. I have 5 eggs in inventory.

JayUK69
12-03-13, 06:06 AM
Took me several weeks to get the burning ember, after the fleece and diamond dropped on first or second collection. I have a second dragon egg now and doing the whole waiting for burning ember again.

jessicattt
12-03-13, 06:52 AM
Still waiting for the fleece to drop. I only have 2 sheep and don't want to spend anymore gems buying a new one, so I'll probably be waiting a while :(

Castloninian
12-03-13, 06:56 AM
Still waiting for the fleece to drop. I only have 2 sheep and don't want to spend anymore gems buying a new one, so I'll probably be waiting a while :(

Stables drop the fleece too, so if you have two of those then you should be fine. I only have 2 sheep too but I am sure my fleece came from a stable.

AuntyRose32
12-03-13, 07:34 AM
I got the egg, then the fleece came pretty quick, I got it at the stable if I remember correctly....took no more than a few days. The diamond took a few weeks to get. I only have one deep mine though, I collect from it at least once daily and no I don't think the level of your mine matters. The ember I'm still waiting on....if it's anything like the Alicorn wing I'm still waiting on, well it will be awhile. Good luck :)

maz3girl
12-03-13, 09:30 AM
Stables drop the fleece too, so if you have two of those then you should be fine. I only have 2 sheep too but I am sure my fleece came from a stable.

I got my fleece on the first collection from a stable. Waiting on the rest.

400cain
12-03-13, 04:18 PM
it not take too long for me. i mean, the time to produce the Sweet Feasts is awfull, so it take me a few weeks. maybe i just have to explore the desert only five or six times because i do some other adventure between:-?

Buggi79
12-03-13, 09:45 PM
I've sent out 4 or 5 desert adventures and not one ember in sight...

iLLUMI2012
12-04-13, 01:41 AM
I got it in the first adventure, even had the story dialogue boxes pop up, but then the game glitched and it disappeared. :( I then noticed that I had to click on my castle again to collect from the adventure. Thinking that the ember would reappear it didn't, however in its place I finally received the last piece I needed for the Alicorn! Yay for that but boo for no longer having the ember. :(
I've since played two more adventures but no ember. It takes forever to make all the bits for this.
Still no diamond from my mines too. I guess this one is going to take as long as the Alicorn.

iLLUMI2012
12-04-13, 02:46 AM
In short, I completed one DS adventure, got the ember, game glitched, lost the ember, had to click on the castle to collect from that same adventure again, Alicorn wing drops instead, no ember this time? Arghh!
So I finally now have the Alicorn but after two more DS adventures still no ember.
Bad omen. Will it now take 9 months to get the ember? I need more kitchens to prepare for the DS adventure!!!

hottrthanhott
12-04-13, 03:44 PM
This is my 30th. I stopped really counting at 20-22. But it's been since I got stuck in the Glimmergate quest needing dragon scales. Since then I have done several more Desert Sands and nothing!! It may be more than 30. I am tired of all the sweet feasts etc. Who has done more than me???

m1stery
12-08-13, 02:03 AM
Just wanted to let you know guys that new timed adventure to Polaris has a chance of dropping Ember! I just got one this morning.

wedgegirl
12-08-13, 06:01 AM
Just wanted to let you know guys that new timed adventure to Polaris has a chance of dropping Ember! I just got one this morning.

Fingers crossed for me, especially as I seem to be struggling to complete the inn quest.

JustKay
12-08-13, 06:13 AM

Perfect! I just got a second dragon egg yesterday and I was a little annoyed I'm going to be busy with Polaris so I didn't think I'd be able to get an Ember. fingers crossed! Better doing 8 hour quests than 22 hour :)

wswau
12-09-13, 02:02 AM

Polaris Adventure does DROP ember!!!!! A neighbour told me!!!!

moon331
12-10-13, 08:53 PM
Yes, I got the ember too. At first I couldn't believe my eyes and thought I was doing the desert adventure. That orange ball looks so beautiful!

jim23cash
12-11-13, 12:15 AM
I finished the inn, and the Polaris adventure disappeared. I got the Alicorn horn I needed, but still no ember. (But I got the ALICORN finally!! Yay!)

hottrthanhott
12-11-13, 11:55 AM
This is my 30th. I stopped really counting at 20-22. But it's been since I got stuck in the Glimmergate quest needing dragon scales. Since then I have done several more Desert Sands and nothing!! It may be more than 30. I am tired of all the sweet feasts etc. Who has done more than me???

I am still with no luck. Nothing special but one gem from time to time has dropped from Polaris adventures. And I have the barracks so I have sent plenty knights that way. :(
I know some people got the Alicorn parts, the ember I need, royal animals... but not me, not unlucky me.

vitriolicheart
12-11-13, 05:22 PM
I have to start on this as my knights did not bring it back from Polaris. I am so not looking forward to this.

stuffedmounts
12-12-13, 09:03 PM

Is this true or a cruel joke? If it's true and I FINALLY get the burning ember, I can finally forgive TL and let go of the disgust I feel towards them over how I was robbed of mine and subsequently wasted tons of time and resources only to STILL be left empty handed at this point.

m1stery
12-14-13, 02:27 AM
Is this true or a cruel joke? If it's true and I FINALLY get the burning ember, I can finally forgive TL and let go of the disgust I feel towards them over how I was robbed of mine and subsequently wasted tons of time and resources only to STILL be left empty handed at this point.

No, it's not a joke! I'm not the only one that got it! Hope you finally get yours :D

stuffedmounts
12-14-13, 11:59 AM
Now that I think about it, I'm going to be extremely mad if I don't get one considering I have 2 quests now that I can't finish because of that stupid burning ember.

ratandrooster
12-16-13, 02:35 AM
i got burning ember finally after months and months of playing! not from polaris. didn't get anything good from those, it was good old traverse the desert sands.

asna12345
12-16-13, 10:14 AM
I got burning ember from Polaris adventure a week ago!! Wasn't expecting it to be this easy.. The Golden Fleece 3 days back and I'm still waiting for the diamond!:-)

esmerelda35
12-16-13, 10:14 AM
I FINALLY got my burning ember yesterday - from my first desert sands adventure after neglecting that adventure to do Polaris adventures. I lost track in the mid-twenties as to how many desert sand adventures it took, I am guessing about 30-35? (excluding the Polaris adventures which also dropped the burning ember, so if you count those - over fifty adventures to get it!).
So.....it does eventually come.

omfgruk
12-16-13, 01:29 PM
Haven't gotten the ember yet either

stuffedmounts
12-16-13, 02:12 PM
Well, Polaris did not drop a burning ember so after months of going on quests, then seeing a bunch of people get it from Polaris, I am STILL left out in the cold and STILL have 2 questlines I can't finish because of it. I didn't think I could be any more pissed about it but apparently I was wrong. As you can see by the countless number of posts expressing disgust towards TL, people are tired of being slapped in the face.

rabsos
12-16-13, 02:45 PM
I got my diamond from my deep mines , my fleece from normal sheep it took a long time to it though still working on my burning ember, good luck :)

m1stery
12-16-13, 03:41 PM
Well, the Inn (level 5) did not drop a burning ember so after months of going on quests, then seeing a bunch of people get it from the Inn, I am STILL left out in the cold and STILL have 2 questlines I can't finish because of it. I didn't think I could be any more pissed about it but apparently I was wrong. As you can see by the countless number of posts expressing disgust towards TL, people are tired of being slapped in the face.

You got something wrong... you can't get the Ember from the Inn, Polaris adventure was the one that dropped it!... if you were lucky enough

stuffedmounts
12-16-13, 07:02 PM
You got something wrong... you can't get the Ember from the Inn, Polaris adventure was the one that dropped it!... if you were lucky enough

I meant Polaris but I was just talking about the Inn before hand so I typed that on accident. :mad:

manu90ela
12-17-13, 01:40 PM
Since I just got my dragon egg and now I have to wait for this burning ember (which will probably take a lot of time from what I've read here), I wanted to ask if someone could tell me at which point in Greseldas questline I'll need the dragon? Because I have enough lanterns to expand to the glimmergate now, but if I can't finish those questlines either, because of the missing burning ember, then I will expand to other cheaper areas first, while I'm waiting for this super rare drop....
I've already looked in the other greselda thread for this information, but couldn't find that goal. :confused:

Castloninian
12-17-13, 02:05 PM
Since I just got my dragon egg and now I have to wait for this burning ember (which will probably take a lot of time from what I've read here), I wanted to ask if someone could tell me at which point in Greseldas questline I'll need the dragon? Because I have enough lanterns to expand to the glimmergate now, but if I can't finish those questlines either, because of the missing burning ember, then I will expand to other cheaper areas first, while I'm waiting for this super rare drop....
I've already looked in the other greselda thread for this information, but couldn't find that goal. :confused:

You need the scales to craft the night glimmer sword. There is quite a bit of questline before that, including crafting lots of things and going on adventures to get parts for the sword. My strategy has always been to go for the expansions with interesting items, instead of getting a massive kingdom, so I would just go for it. I'm not sure I know how to copy links here but on this page you can find most of the steps, so you can see how much there is to do before you need the scales.
http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?59861-Castle-Story-Game-Guide&p=758134&viewfull=1#post758134

Castloninian
12-17-13, 02:06 PM
Oh it worked, so for step 11 on part 2 you will need scales.

manu90ela
12-17-13, 03:03 PM
Thanks Castlonian. I see there is really a lot to do before I need those scales. :)

Castloninian
12-17-13, 07:18 PM
Thanks Castlonian. I see there is really a lot to do before I need those scales. :)

Ah but I do remember you need to be level 27 or above I think, for the Glimmergate quests to come up. So if you are nowhere near that you might want to level up first.

JustKay
12-18-13, 12:28 AM
I need one of these badly... actually two maybe. I just got a third dragon egg from my roost and I haven't even hatched the second egg :(

dala12
12-18-13, 04:21 AM
I only have one egg! Now I must wait to get my burning ember. And I sent my nights on adventure almost 4 months now. So I do not have my sword yet! You need a dragon to finish the sword.

creolepraline
12-18-13, 07:53 AM
I've just seen that I have another dragon egg. No idea of how long it's been there! So I'm thinking of how badly I want a second dragon, since doing quests for a burning ember is not my idea of fun. I may just spend the 80 gems for one and craft it if we find out what those scales can be used for.

belbar22
12-18-13, 11:06 AM
I have had a dragon egg for a couple of weeks but no quest related to it. Do i need to wait for a quest to the dessert sands or can I just start doing that adventure in the hope that i get my burning ember.

cloudsail
12-18-13, 12:19 PM
I'm beginning to think I should just buy the ember with gems, otherwise I can't advance in the Greselda questline.

midnightmeerkat
12-18-13, 01:54 PM
I'm beginning to think I should just buy the ember with gems, otherwise I can't advance in the Greselda questline.

I was considering doing that last week then finally got the ember from the quest (I needed 20 more gems). I now have 7 scales.... 3 more to go. These scales take ages to get.

stuffedmounts
12-18-13, 02:04 PM
I need one of these badly... actually two maybe. I just got a third dragon egg from my roost and I haven't even hatched the second egg :(
You just got a third dragon egg? After several months of collecting from the roost literally every day, I've gotten one manitcore and one dragon egg. I've had both for months. The manticore is hatched but the dragon egg is still an egg because of that stupid burning ember (which I did get but was stolen from me in a supposed "sync error").

I might have to stop reading posts about this cuz it makes me really really mad.

Buggi79
12-20-13, 07:36 AM
I did the Desert quest 7 (yes. SEVEN) times and still didn't get the ember. I finally had to drop some gems on it so I can move forward.

Those sweet feasts are a royal PITA to make.

vitriolicheart
12-20-13, 11:12 AM
I did the Desert quest 7 (yes. SEVEN) times and still didn't get the ember. I finally had to drop some gems on it so I can move forward.

Those sweet feasts are a royal PITA to make.

Yikes. I'm just in the process of making a lot of them so I can keep sending my guys off. Now at least I know I need to make at least 10.

moon331
12-20-13, 04:45 PM
Thanks for this burning ember. I am on my way to finish all the goals available.

gjatt
01-02-14, 09:00 PM
Still struggling to get the burning ember and diamond after weeks and weeks of trying. So frustrating especially because I have the Night Glimmer Sword goal waiting for a while as well.

BriarAvenue
01-02-14, 10:59 PM
Still struggling to get the burning ember and diamond after weeks and weeks of trying. So frustrating especially because I have the Night Glimmer Sword goal waiting for a while as well.

I think I started the adventure before the last thanksgiving animal quest and didn't get it till around Christmas!
Keep trying, it will come. Good luck.

freesiawoods
01-03-14, 12:00 AM
Not to frustrate anyone but after hatching my egg very early on I have two burning ember sitting in my inventory waiting for further eggs. And I hardly ever do the sweet feasts. I have 7 manticores but no second dragon egg.

rosewaterlily
01-03-14, 01:20 AM
I didn't get my first dragon egg for six weeks and it was incredibly frustrating, but then after that quest finally started I got my burning ember on the first try. Now, many months later I have two extra dragon eggs but no more burning embers have ever appeared in my kingdom, and I do a desert sands quest probably once every two or three days. Too bad we can't exchange extra embers for extra dragon eggs, freesiawoods. Can't complain too much though, I do have five alicorns from random drops. :p

cloudsail
01-03-14, 01:47 AM

Didn't end up having to spend gems after all :) Burning ember showed up before my patience ran out.

freesiawoods
01-03-14, 05:56 AM
I didn't get my first dragon egg for six weeks and it was incredibly frustrating, but then after that quest finally started I got my burning ember on the first try. Now, many months later I have two extra dragon eggs but no more burning embers have ever appeared in my kingdom, and I do a desert sands quest probably once every two or three days. Too bad we can't exchange extra embers for extra dragon eggs, freesiawoods. Can't complain too much though, I do have five alicorns from random drops. :p

Can't we? We need a trading post!

Only got my alicorn two months ago after an incredibly long wait and since then I've gotten two more.

JustKay
01-05-14, 05:27 AM
Not to frustrate anyone but after hatching my egg very early on I have two burning ember sitting in my inventory waiting for further eggs. And I hardly ever do the sweet feasts. I have 7 manticores but no second dragon egg.

I think I have your dragon eggs freesia... all three of them...

The randoms drops are too random. Congrats on five Alicorns. I waited ages for mine, bought parts for my first one and then finally started getting parts to craft my second baby one. I didn't have to much trouble getting my first dragon, but now it's been weeks I've been trying for an ember and now I have 3 dragon eggs sitting in my inventory! I can't keep this steady stream of Sweet Feasts going.

infinitelove19
01-09-14, 07:36 PM
I just got my burning ember!!! Whoo-hoo!!!

Weird thing is, I've been sending out my knights every two days for a couple of months through the barracks with no luck. Yesterday, I had an extra sweet feast prepared (THAT's a first!!) so I sent out my knights from the castle AND the barracks. Lo and behold, when I collected from my castle there was the burning ember.

Leads me to wonder if it's easier to get through the castle than the barracks... but it's probably just coincidence.

One more check from the mines then I'll probably break down and use gems for the diamond. Especially now that we need dragon scales for the Griselda story line, I don't want to be waiting any more. :-)

Liloze
01-10-14, 03:28 PM
3rd trip still no ember, though I already bought one, but the I want to remove the goal from the list, it annoys me to have unfinished goals >.<

Liloze
01-10-14, 03:31 PM
I meant I already bought a dragon, and I always send my knights through the Castle ...If it going to take like ten trips, I think I will simply forget about it.

outhouse01
01-10-14, 03:45 PM
You little beauty!! I finally got the burning ember this morning. 3 months of constant sweet feasts for the whole time, excluding things needed for timed goals. Now just need to restock my jewels to make the glass as they have been depleted with the fairie goal. I think I will take a break from sweet feasts for a while so that my knights can loose some weight. Thanks TL. Cheers

meme1098
01-10-14, 03:49 PM
Jewels...haha... The last 6 visits (maybe more since I lost count) to my jewelers have dropped nothing but coins. I even got jewels twice from Sir Piggie yesterday. He usually just drops water or bacon for me. So having the jewelers you would think it would drop jewels at least 60-70% of the time. Ain't so. More like 10-20% for me.

bowlfullofcherries
01-11-14, 03:11 AM
I've got a dragon so it's not really a big deal, but since then- months and months ago- I've gotten five (5!) dragon eggs and not another single burning ember. I do the adventure fairly often, too. It's depressing if I think about it too much, actually.

infinitelove19
01-11-14, 11:52 AM
I just got my burning ember!!! Whoo-hoo!!!

Weird thing is, I've been sending out my knights every two days for a couple of months through the barracks with no luck. Yesterday, I had an extra sweet feast prepared (THAT's a first!!) so I sent out my knights from the castle AND the barracks. Lo and behold, when I collected from my castle there was the burning ember.

Leads me to wonder if it's easier to get through the castle than the barracks... but it's probably just coincidence.

One more check from the mines then I'll probably break down and use gems for the diamond. Especially now that we need dragon scales for the Griselda story line, I don't want to be waiting any more. :-)

Well, that figures! I used gems for the diamond this morning and *just* now found the diamond collecting from a deep mine. What are the chances?!? *shrugs*

rachmac07
01-11-14, 11:55 AM
I wish there was some way to sell/trade/exchange with other users. I have 25+ burning embers...and no use for them as I already have a dragon.

nasha86
01-11-14, 10:01 PM
Wow, such a fantastic drop rate and disparity between players. Do not mean to offend anyone, but someone is have too many drops, while the others can't find single drop of it. Hzzzz.... Even in one mainly entertaining game, we still suffer from inequal action.
Hi, Rachmac07, I am waiting here to have a turn trade with you :)

stuffedmounts
01-12-14, 01:22 PM
The level of unfairness with egg drops and burning ember is absurd at best. Same with the gem price inconsistencies while we're at it.

jaybay1147
01-13-14, 02:00 PM
I got mine this morning. Either the first or second time out on the sands adventure. I got the fleece right away, still waiting on the diamond.

Hahahahaha....I've been on +10 quests now and nothing.

My Alicon wing took +100 quests for me though. :C

maz3girl
01-24-14, 08:03 AM
I finally got my burning ember YESTERDAY! lol I'm glad, but still no diamond in sight. ;)

moon331
01-24-14, 10:46 AM
Found a second dragon egg in my inventory. What's the use of having a second dragon?

Castloninian
01-24-14, 11:35 AM
Found a second dragon egg in my inventory. What's the use of having a second dragon?

You can hatch another dragon in the forge with another egg, another ember and 10 lumin essence.

avidbeader
01-24-14, 11:52 AM

You can collect more dragon scales.

Queenzod
01-24-14, 12:00 PM
You can collect more dragon scales.

And energy, gems, and doesn't it also give swords? I have two, and while I'm maxed on scales, I'm using them to draw my carriages.

MiniLaura
01-24-14, 12:38 PM
dragons also drop light armor!

Anastisha13
01-24-14, 03:31 PM
I have everything needed for a dragon except the burning ember. Been on lots of quests and had accepted that I was not going to get one! I had to purchase dragon scales to continue with a quest!
Teamlava should make it fairer to all users. Some people have more than they need, (not being their fault) one person has 20+ burning embers, while others go without!
Surely a bug that needs sorting!
Please could Teamlava look into this problem!

IOS 7.0.4. 1.1.6

wowzakid
04-13-14, 07:35 AM
Does anyone know if having a burning ember effects the likelihood of getting another? I have one from before I got the dragon egg. The game does not appear to allow me to use it, but I have never gotten another. Any suggestions beyond, "keep trying"?

eepopp
04-13-14, 08:34 AM
Does anyone know if having a burning ember effects the likelihood of getting another? I have one from before I got the dragon egg. The game does not appear to allow me to use it, but I have never gotten another. Any suggestions beyond, "keep trying"?

Having a Burning Ember in your Inventory does not affect the odds of getting another Burning Ember. It's just an extremely rare drop.

ciarjen
04-13-14, 08:47 AM

So you have a dragon egg and a burning ember. Do they both show up to be used in the Forge?

wowzakid
04-14-14, 06:40 PM
So you have a dragon egg and a burning ember. Do they both show up to be used in the Forge?

No, they are both in inventory, but don't show for the forge. I don't have the diamond yet ever, but do have the fleece. The quest shows that I have not found the ember. I guess this is because I found it before I had the quest?

studio1859
04-15-14, 09:00 PM
No, they are both in inventory, but don't show for the forge. I don't have the diamond yet ever, but do have the fleece. The quest shows that I have not found the ember. I guess this is because I found it before I had the quest?
I also have the burning ember in my inventory but it won't show up in the forge. I also have the diamond. Multiple quests to no avail.

Jir67
04-16-14, 12:55 AM
I got my amber this morning... from second Desert Quest... :) I alredy have the diamond and the golden skin...
I have to wait to craft lumin essence, since, reading all messages about the years needed to obtain the ambert, I used the stored essences for something else... :rolleyes:

AuntyRose32
04-16-14, 07:51 AM
Still no burning ember for me, which means no dragon scales. I can't go ahead with crafting the Night Glimmer Sword as I have no scales to first craft the Enchanted Adamant Bar. I've just sent my knights off again and I'm really hoping they bring back this burning ember tomorrow.

LiquidSnob
11-04-14, 09:14 AM
I have a question: can you get a second burning ember before you get a second dragon egg?

I wanted to repost doublescream's question since I could not find the answer.

I have hatched my first dragon and, of course, now patiently await enough dragon scales to continue on down the Glimmergate Quest line. I am considering purchasing a Mithril Dragon egg with gems which I'm hoping will fill two needs, scales and mithril. However, I wanted to know if I keep sending my knights to Traverse the Desert Sands, will they pick up another burning ember even if I haven't purchased the egg yet?

ciarjen
11-04-14, 09:32 AM

I have hatched my first dragon and, of course, now patiently await enough dragon scales to continue on down the Glimmergate Quest line. I am considering purchasing a Mithril Dragon egg with gems which I'm hoping will fill two needs, scales and mithril. However, I wanted to know if I keep sending my knights to Traverse the Desert Sands, will they pick up another burning ember even if I haven't purchased the egg yet?

I am sure I have seen people post that they have burning embers but no eggs.

I would definitely recommend buying the mithril dragon to get scales and mithril. :)

roguebee
11-04-14, 12:03 PM

You buy a baby mithral dragon, so you don't need the burning ember.

LiquidSnob
11-05-14, 10:38 AM
Thank you both. Since, I don't have to hatch the mithril dragon, that might make the choice even clearer. This just feels like I am making such a big purchase. I'm hoping the dragon will be worth it and that I won't need these gems for something else in the near future.

PurpleScorpion76
11-05-14, 10:45 AM
Someone else mentioned in my own post about gem purchases that they regretted the Mithril Dragon purchase.

roguebee
11-05-14, 10:49 AM
The mithril dragon is one of those purchases, that at the point of the game when you really need it, it makes life so much less stressful, knowing you have a regular source of mithril and not having to rely upon random drops. However, once through that stage of the game, you'll gradually max out on mithril and stop collecting from the dragon.

Chaotarch
11-06-14, 07:16 AM
if i get over 90 mithril i forge two adamant...:cool:

ciarjen
11-06-14, 09:39 AM
Thank you both. Since, I don't have to hatch the mithril dragon, that might make the choice even clearer. This just feels like I am making such a big purchase. I'm hoping the dragon will be worth it and that I won't need these gems for something else in the near future.

There is no ongoing need for mithril in the game so eventually you will max out on it and stop collecting from the dragon. You can use mithril to make adamant but that needs glimmershards and fragments and if you do the Sister, Sister goal you will be using all of those up.

There were a few quests which required mithril. I think the Faerie Respite needed 20 but that was dropped to 10. I am recalling this from memory so I would suggest you check through the quests you have upcoming and see what you will need it for. One quest needs a deep mine to be leveled up to level 5 and that takes 10 mithril.

Obtaining all this mithril through the game is doable but it will take a lot of time. It is a very rare drop. You can craft it but it takes a lot of silver and you can get it in the jewelers trade but it doesn't always drop and that uses a lot of resource.

I bought 2 mithril dragons for the mithril and scales which I needed. I see it as a purchase which cut months off my gameplay and stopped all the stress of having to collect all that silver to make the mithril. Well worth it in my opinion.

Although there is no ongoing need for mithril, the Pyre Cavern event earlier in the year needed it for the adventures. Those players with a good stock of mithril were able to adventure as much as possible during the event. Other players were limited by the mithril they could make or get from the jewelers trade. There is always a chance that TL may do another event which needs mithril.

You will still need to get the burning ember to complete the goal to hatch the amber dragon. But once you do, you will already have dragon scales to give you a head start on the next questlines. Scales do not drop every day from dragons and when you need to give 10, for example in Glimmergate part 2, waiting for drops every 24 hours can be a real pain.

I find this thread helpful to plan in advance what I need for the quests http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?62916-Castle-Story-Versions-amp-Weekly-Updates-List

behindthepurplesmoke
11-06-14, 02:57 PM
I sent out my first adventure for the burning ember yesterday. So imagine my happiness and shock when the burning ember dropped, along with 8 gems, 1 ornate block, 1 enchanted beam, 2 wisp lanterns and an apple tree! After hearing how long it takes for the burning ember to drop from an adventure I am so relieved. Probably my best haul from an adventure so far.
Good luck to all you who are still looking for the ember. You will get it!

burritosprings
06-28-15, 10:54 AM
4 Eggs now and no Burning Embers. 2 Burning Embers on another account and no Eggs.

belbar22
06-28-15, 12:28 PM
4 Eggs now and no Burning Embers. 2 Burning Embers on another account and no Eggs.

Lol I am in the same position as you embers on 1 account and eggs on the other. Been in this situation for months now.

coolssp
06-28-15, 07:06 PM
I got my third ember after 100s of adventures. Have had two eggs for about 16 months and I send my knights almost every alternate day to dessert....

tan5314
06-28-15, 07:58 PM
I didn't have problems with the very first Ember. But later I found another egg and that was when my desert nightmare began. I sent knights daily, got a few Golden eggs and even upgraded one of my deep mine to level 5 with the dropped materials. While most player were hunting bandits to get grapes I was travelling over the deserts to find a Burning Ember. No luck.
And as it often happens as soon as I decided to forget about the second dragon and stopped cooking sweet feast, the very last desert collection gave me an Ember.

ladyperidot
06-29-15, 12:56 PM
I didn't have problems with the very first Ember. But later I found another egg and that was when my desert nightmare began. I sent knights daily, got a few Golden eggs and even upgraded one of my deep mine to level 5 with the dropped materials. While most player were hunting bandits to get grapes I was travelling over the deserts to find a Burning Ember. No luck.
And as it often happens as soon as I decided to forget about the second dragon and stopped cooking sweet feast, the very last desert collection gave me an Ember.

Congrats!! I have two eggs in storage. Now that I can stop hunting bandits for grape (and why bandits would have grapes is still a mystery!) and try another desert adventure

Anaboe
06-29-15, 03:03 PM
I had sent out an adventure for Ember (not that I needed one, but I just did the adventure). I rarely do adventures, it's just a bit too much husstle for me, but I had to do one for one of the lasts events.

But I didn't collect it for days, I think the "ready" sign was hanging over my Castle for days, because it was an goal you had to get for that event.

So, after not collecting it for days, I finaly collected it, and it gave me a Burning Ember and I got 1 Burning Ember out of 1 adventures I did last year...

So now my theory is that, the longer you leave your castle uncollected, the higher the chance of Burning Ember. But it's just a theory, and I have no need to test it again.

katbtodd
07-01-15, 11:03 AM
Just got another dragon egg that give me 4 now and I have been sending sweet feast out almost non-stop since Jan and no ember for me, please consider changing the drops rate on the ember , sending in barracks every time and castle about 4 times a week or so, it's to the point the adventure drops nothing for me but coins and alittle energy

79jmo
10-15-15, 02:55 PM
I know this is an old thread, but it still seems to be a problem, at least for me. Any secrets to getting the burning ember to drop?

meme1098
10-15-15, 03:07 PM
I think it's a 1 in 200,000 drop now. I've also been waiting for for like a year for one. Don't really need anymore dragons but the poor eggs are just sitting there. ;)

vednir
10-16-15, 11:16 AM
It's incredibly rare. I have managed to get 5 eggs and zero embers in the same period of time. I do not send a desert sands adventure every day though due to the huge requirements for the sweet feast.

rulerofjennyville
10-17-15, 05:18 AM
Is there any way to get the ember without the desert sands quest? I have three items that require three different quests and it's taking forever. I have the knife that needs the glimmer gate, the fairy columns that need the dark caves and then I randomly got this egg so I have to go to the desert. Add that to the orphanage quest and I'm also desperately trying to get mermaid scales.

SpiritWind00
10-17-15, 04:51 PM
Is there any way to get the ember without the desert sands quest? I have three items that require three different quests and it's taking forever. I have the knife that needs the glimmer gate, the fairy columns that need the dark caves and then I randomly got this egg so I have to go to the desert. Add that to the orphanage quest and I'm also desperately trying to get mermaid scales.

Ember only drops from dessert sands. Personally I wouldn't deliberately try to get an ember. I've not had one drop since the dragon egg storyline became available. Lots of us have dragon eggs in our inventory waiting for the illusive drop of an ember. Concentrate on your other goals. The orphanage is timed, so I'd do that first if you want to finish it before time expires. The other adventures will drop your needed item soon enough. Good luck! :)

scotslassuk
11-30-15, 04:29 PM
I have 15eggs in storage!! I go to desert sands every other day and no EMBER!! Come on CS it's ridiculous the amount off times I've done the adventure with no return and am not paying gems!! I've already emailed cause 200plus gems disappeared from my account and not even had an email back sick off this carry on!!! I know for a fact I never used them as it was just a new purchase of gems!! Am about ready to give up altogether!!!

riverly
11-30-15, 04:43 PM
I have 15eggs in storage!! I go to desert sands every other day and no EMBER!! Come on CS it's ridiculous the amount off times I've done the adventure with no return and am not paying gems!! I've already emailed cause 200plus gems disappeared from my account and not even had an email back sick off this carry on!!! I know for a fact I never used them as it was just a new purchase of gems!! Am about ready to give up altogether!!!there seems to be a rash of thievery here. I've heard some mitherl came up missing and now also this. I fear something is amiss, especially since the orphans and the food shelter. and we just had a jewel heist. Hehe. And further down I hear of some missing cabbages!!! Beware!

rulerofjennyville
11-30-15, 04:46 PM
This may be the only goal I lucked out on. I got one dragon egg and one ember, then one Manicore egg. So I have two dragons and two manicores. But I never got another egg of any sort and my manicors aren't dropping whiskers and my dragons aren't dropping scales. They just give a few coins and nothing else.

riverly
11-30-15, 05:45 PM
This may be the only goal I lucked out on. I got one dragon egg and one ember, then one Manicore egg. So I have two dragons and two manicores. But I never got another egg of any sort and my manicors aren't dropping whiskers and my dragons aren't dropping scales. They just give a few coins and nothing else.are they grown up. They should be dropping items.

rulerofjennyville
11-30-15, 06:25 PM
are they grown up. They should be dropping items.

Yes, they're grown up. I'm having a dry spell - I bought a wizard school during the black friday event and all my libraries/Thomas house are giving me is coins as well. And I haven't gotten anything but coins off my dragons and my manitee for well over two weeks. I'm on that trade where you have to upgrade the garden, too, so I need them. And I didn't get prime cuts for around a month when I was trying to update to the garden then get the mystery table - I had to gem. I also don't get anything but coins off Sir Pigglesworth and Sir Hamlet - occasionally I'll get an orange or a truffle but that's it. And skunkpine - I just tapped him and my manitee now and I got 500 coins. Nothing else.

riverly
11-30-15, 06:34 PM
Yes, they're grown up. I'm having a dry spell - I bought a wizard school during the black friday event and all my libraries/Thomas house are giving me is coins as well. And I haven't gotten anything but coins off my dragons and my manitee for well over two weeks. I'm on that trade where you have to upgrade the garden, too, so I need them. And I didn't get prime cuts for around a month when I was trying to update to the garden then get the mystery table - I had to gem. I also don't get anything but coins off Sir Pigglesworth and Sir Hamlet - occasionally I'll get an orange or a truffle but that's it. And skunkpine - I just tapped him and my manitee now and I got 500 coins. Nothing else.geezze!! Hope this streak ends soon for you.

rulerofjennyville
11-30-15, 06:36 PM
geezze!! Hope this streak ends soon for you.

I'm optimistic if the next event just calls for trade tickets - those I'm good at producing.

scotslassuk
12-18-15, 03:03 PM
I would like to know when your going to sort this ember carry on out!! It's hard enough to make the dish to go on the adventure then you get no ember!! Ave got all these eggs AND once again sent out the troops NO DOUBT THERE WILL BE NO EMBER WITH THEM WHEN THEY RETURN!! Plz SORT this!!

rulerofjennyville
12-18-15, 03:42 PM
I have 15eggs in storage!! I go to desert sands every other day and no EMBER!! Come on CS it's ridiculous the amount off times I've done the adventure with no return and am not paying gems!! I've already emailed cause 200plus gems disappeared from my account and not even had an email back sick off this carry on!!! I know for a fact I never used them as it was just a new purchase of gems!! Am about ready to give up altogether!!!

I have not gotten a single extra egg. Is everyone getting them from the forgotten roost?

ShibuyaCloth
12-18-15, 04:26 PM
I have not gotten a single extra egg. Is everyone getting them from the forgotten roost?

On average 1 every 6 month, daily harvest of course. Same for manticore eggs. So you must be very patient.

rulerofjennyville
12-18-15, 04:39 PM
On average 1 every 6 month, daily harvest of course. Same for manticore eggs. So you must be very patient.

Do you get the manicore eggs also from the hidden roost?

SpiritWind00
12-18-15, 11:28 PM
Do you get the manicore eggs also from the hidden roost?

Yes you get both dragon and manticore eggs from the forgotten roost. the burning ember is an extremely rare drop. You will get one drop for the required goal, but after that be prepared to hold eggs in storage for a long time.

rulerofjennyville
12-19-15, 07:42 AM
:( I still want them to bring back the challenge where they gave away the dragon eggs. That's what happens when you spend a snowed in afternoon reading the hub - you see all the stuff you were too late to the party to get. I hope they bring some of them back or make similar challenges like they did with the harvest table/mystery table I've been very happy with.

stargaze91
12-19-15, 09:47 AM
Miraculously, I got my second burning ember , I don't even have a second dragon egg yet .Hatched my first dragon only a month back :o yippee

1whitty
12-19-15, 12:54 PM
Miraculously, I got my second burning ember , I don't even have a second dragon egg yet .Hatched my first dragon only a month back :o yippee

Congrats stargaze. Burning embers are so hard to come by. & the eggs too.

ShibuyaCloth
12-19-15, 02:30 PM

Hmm, Embers are harder to get. Well if you do daily Desert Sand adventure, you might be at par.

stargaze91
12-19-15, 09:14 PM

Hmm, Embers are harder to get. Well if you do daily Desert Sand adventure, you might be at par.

Ty 1whitty :)
I don't think I have that many sweet feasts to go on daily sand adventures, I always have less than 5 of those....I may not have gone on more than 15 sand adventures...so it has been a very lucky day for me ...got a burning ember AND one gold nugget from my deep mine yesterday :cool:

hagypagy
12-22-15, 07:19 AM
I've been solidly playing for 2 years, go adventuring to the the Burning Sands more than weekly and still only ever recieved 1 burning ember
Have my one dragon! =) , and 4 dragon eggs just sitting there
I'll probably be too afraid to use it when I finally see my second one haha

jordanc2009
04-12-16, 09:28 PM
I have 4 dragon eggs that I have collected from the roost over the past few months. I have sent my knights on the desert quest over 20 times but no luck on the burning ember. Is it really that rare of a drop? I use the Barracks and King's Keep but no luck. In the past the burning ember would drop a lot - I have 4 dragons from collecting from the roost and then getting a burning ember from the desert.

SpiritWind00
04-13-16, 02:16 AM
I have 4 dragon eggs that I have collected from the roost over the past few months. I have sent my knights on the desert quest over 20 times but no luck on the burning ember. Is it really that rare of a drop? I use the Barracks and King's Keep but no luck. In the past the burning ember would drop a lot - I have 4 dragons from collecting from the roost and then getting a burning ember from the desert.

merged with the main thread on this subject. Some interesting posts for you to have a look through! (yes, it's rare rare rare!) I've not had one ember drop since the Dragon goal line was released back in 2013.... :)

dangerb0y
04-14-16, 08:28 AM
Welcome to the 4 dragon egg, 50 desert sands adventures, no burning ember club.

I quit the game because of it at one point. My wife played my game and I'm pretty sure she bought it for gems.

twinkletoes12348
04-14-16, 09:18 AM
I guess I'm an anomaly. I've got my second burning ember sitting there waiting on an egg to drop.

Castloninian
04-14-16, 10:57 AM
I have 7 dragon eggs in inventory and for the first time ever now also have 7 embers in inventory. Wish I could send them elsewhere as I don't really need more dragons.

55lee55
04-14-16, 12:12 PM
I have 7 dragon eggs in inventory and for the first time ever now also have 7 embers in inventory. Wish I could send them elsewhere as I don't really need more dragons.

I didn't get burning embers for forever it seemed, then last month I got two in one week. I don't need mine either as I also don't need more dragons. I think the embers are totally random, but like most random things, they seem to take longer to get if you are waiting for them. To non-believers, yes they exist, but you need to play on without stopping to wait for one because while one may drop today, it is equally possible that you will still be waiting for an ember to drop two or three years from now.

Sheeba8188
04-14-16, 01:09 PM
Got 1 egg waiting on ember not fussed if i ever get it currently got 2 dragons in storage and maxed on scales I don't adventure to desert sands less than once a month maybe twice in 3 months I'm far too stingy with my earth wisps to give them to lumin essence when they can make lanterns!

meme1098
04-14-16, 02:14 PM
Got 1 egg waiting on ember not fussed if i ever get it currently got 2 dragons in storage and maxed on scales I don't adventure to desert sands less than once a month maybe twice in 3 months I'm far too stingy with my earth wisps to give them to lumin essence when they can make lanterns!

Dragons do have the rare chance of dropping gems or energy. I have been maxed on dragon scales forever but still collect from my 6 dragons every day & usually get a gem or more about once a week or so.

Sheeba8188
04-15-16, 12:54 AM
Dragons do have the rare chance of dropping gems or energy. I have been maxed on dragon scales forever but still collect from my 6 dragons every day & usually get a gem or more about once a week or so.

Hmm never knew this will get them back out now thanks :)

cavegirl1
04-16-16, 04:15 AM
Hmm never knew this will get them back out now thanks :)

2 of my dragons dropped 5 energy each today.

scotslassuk
05-05-17, 07:12 AM
I have 9 different eggs all waiting for the ember to drop! I do this adventure on a regular basis and......NOTHING!! I got it once and that was when it was needed for the game, but since then zero! Yes is "Mega Ultra Rare!" but it's farcical, would it really be such a big deal to "drop the ember" perhaps once a year would be a treat!! I refuse to pay and so my eggs will remain unhatched and in storage until that wonderful day that is drops (which in my opinion will be NEVER!) once many many moons ago I would wait with baited breath on my adventure coming back hoping I would get the ember now I have resigned myself to the fact that unless you part with cash for gems it's the only way your going to get it!! Sorry but my days of "paying to play" are well and truly over😡

flowerqueen007
05-05-17, 03:29 PM
I have 27 burning embers at the moment, only ever had one egg drop and that was the storyline. I buy eggs from time to time.

tamaraalexisreave
05-06-17, 04:30 PM
Good to know cause my first ember was on 2nd trip to the sands. I got my 2nd egg yest and didnt recieve an ember on first trip. But ive heard the second egg is harder to find the ember. Ill keep trying.

ShibuyaCloth
05-07-17, 02:56 AM
Good to know cause my first ember was on 2nd trip to the sands. I got my 2nd egg yest and didnt recieve an ember on first trip. But ive heard the second egg is harder to find the ember. Ill keep trying.

Took me >50 trips to get my first ember! So I consider the Ember as ultra rare drops. I have a few now but stop converting my eggs into dragons. I don't need any more.

dipwid
05-15-17, 03:06 PM
I've found one ember since 2015.