PDA

View Full Version : Mining, jewellery & forge

mellymoo2000
07-25-13, 07:43 AM
Having the mine is a great concept but without shovels and pick axes, it can't be used.
You can make these items in the forge but they require metals from the mine - so it's catch 22.
If you get lucky enough to find the required metals it then takes 8 hours to make a shovel or an axe.
So the maximum you can make in 24 hours is three.
Also, 8 hours for an item worth 87 coins is totally unbalanced. A pizza takes 1 hour and is worth 168 coins. It doesn't make sense.

The jewellery maker is a great idea and has reasonable production times - but you can't use it without the metals from the mine. I'm lucky to make one item per day because i just don't have enough tools to mine with. I'm doing as many warehouse deliveries as possible, in the hope of scoring an axe or shovel, but they are few and far between.

I also can't do ANY train deliveries any more because they require so many metal products - more than I could make in a month.

I'm really hoping that something can be done about the axe and shovel problem. Maybe the production time could be reduced to something reasonable - like one or two hours.

Looking forward to a comment from TL

Thanks

esmerelda35
07-25-13, 08:06 AM
Having the mine is a great concept but without shovels and pick axes, it can't be used.
You can make these items in the forge but they require metals from the mine - so it's catch 22.
If you get lucky enough to find the required metals it then takes 8 hours to make a shovel or an axe.
So the maximum you can make in 24 hours is three.
Also, 8 hours for an item worth 87 coins is totally unbalanced. A pizza takes 1 hour and is worth 168 coins. It doesn't make sense.

The jewellery maker is a great idea and has reasonable production times - but you can't use it without the metals from the mine. I'm lucky to make one item per day because i just don't have enough tools to mine with. I'm doing as many warehouse deliveries as possible, in the hope of scoring an axe or shovel, but they are few and far between.

I also can't do ANY train deliveries any more because they require so many metal products - more than I could make in a month.

I'm really hoping that something can be done about the axe and shovel problem. Maybe the production time could be reduced to something reasonable - like one or two hours.

Looking forward to a comment from TL

Thanks

I agree that the production time in the forge is long, especially given that the forge is very expensive to buy! ($120,000). 8 hours is a lot - even cutting it in half to 4 hours would be an improvement!
However, I have to say that I am finding a LOT of pick axes by doing deliveries - the return rate has really increased recently. I started this morning when I woke up with zero pick-axes, and by doing deliveries, got 8! I am making lots and buying lots to do all the deliveries, but that's okay, helps get me coins and xp.
Also - it is challening right now because very few people have the mine, and those that do are just starting to mine it/produce jewellery, so there is essentially none on the market. Was the same at first with the juicer - was impossible to find lemons and citrus juice, and now, though rare, not impossible to find/make. As more people get the mine, adn those with it start stocking up, you will find items on the market. It will be a challenge, but it'll be doable. Will just take a little bit of time to get to that point. The game isn't fun if there isn't any challenges - if everything was easy, it would be boring. Hunting for and then scoring that elusive item is what is so fun and challenging and exciting about the game!
So while I agree it is a little frustrating right now, there are ways to get pick-axes, and it will definitely improve - the mine just came out this week! We do need some challenges and rarer items, or the game won't be fun in the long run - will get boring pretty quickly.

haimesy1980
02-20-15, 10:43 PM
I would not recommend to anyone to expand to the mine, it is very low on collection and once you expand you can't take it back i am discarded at least 70% of the time, i wish i didn't waste money on the jewellery stand either and as i just read the tool forge wast aswell, unfortunately this has decreased my use of this game and have made any in game purchases since

ciarjen
02-21-15, 02:55 AM
I would not recommend to anyone to expand to the mine, it is very low on collection and once you expand you can't take it back i am discarded at least 70% of the time, i wish i didn't waste money on the jewellery stand either and as i just read the tool forge wast aswell, unfortunately this has decreased my use of this game and have made any in game purchases since

If you wish to participate in events, then I would recommend you do expand to the mine.

Events usually need axes/shovel and mining. Axes and shovels will only start dropping from deliveries when you expand to the mine.

yppahc
02-21-15, 04:31 AM
I find the drop rate for these fluctuates a lot. Sometimes I get fed up of mining and sometimes cannot mine at all.

jenpeza
01-02-16, 10:20 AM
Can you make nails & screws with the forge? I'm saving $ for it, but I want to make nails & screws. The jewelsmith was a waste of coins.

kooky panda
01-02-16, 10:26 AM
Can you make nails & screws with the forge? I'm saving $ for it, but I want to make nails & screws. The jewelsmith was a waste of coins.
Here are the items

Regina;748081']There are 5 items to craft in the Forge:

1. Pickaxe- you need 1 Iron and 1 Wood Plank
2. Shovel- you need 1 Iron and 1 Wood Plank
3. Nail- you need 1 Hammer and 3 Iron
4. Screw- you need 1 Hammer and 3 Iron
5. Hammer- you need 3 Iron and 1 Wood Plank

jenpeza
01-03-16, 07:57 AM
Thank you!