PDA

View Full Version : Question about yin yang

deamon506
07-24-13, 06:40 PM
Now that there is an ethereal dragon, will there be a way to get the yin yang? I had a chance to get it before but I couldn't beat anything at all. Was that my only chance to get it?

JakeStorm8
07-24-13, 06:58 PM
For a while at least. These are premium rewards for tournament winners, and we wouldn't want to take away their value by making them easy to obtain. That said, we know people love certain dragons and will likely provide other opportunities to obtain them some time in the game's future. Not soon, though.

Until then, there's only the Market :)

sunkalito
07-24-13, 07:32 PM
For a while at least. These are premium rewards for tournament winners, and we wouldn't want to take away their value by making them easy to obtain. That said, we know people love certain dragons and will likely provide other opportunities to obtain them some time in the game's future. Not soon, though.

Very unfair for the first round of beta testers mind you. Those battles were a nightmare and unruly - I mean, seriously, I could just as easily win a battle against a super rare and then lose it to the common of the same color combo, using my dragon again. Makes no sense. Or I am very unlucky!!

sunkalito
07-24-13, 07:33 PM
(Oh well, as long as sometime in the future i get a chance at YY...)

igames4me
07-24-13, 07:34 PM
In the future it should let us pick what reward we want from our album....

sunnybabi1986
07-24-13, 07:35 PM

OOOOoooooh! LOVE this idea!!!

deamon506
07-24-13, 08:00 PM
Yeah... The fist round I had level 1s beating level 10s. I stopped trying after 4 battles

deamon506
07-24-13, 08:02 PM
I forgot to add: I feel like it would be unfair if they didn't give another chance using the same formula as they're using now

sunkalito
07-24-13, 08:05 PM
Yeah... The fist round I had level 1s beating level 10s. I stopped trying after 4 battles

Same here! I lost several time against the lowly level ones. For Pete's sake, after five days i only had won 10 battles. Is that NORMAL? I think itz's insane, my neighbors had it way easier. And the color combos were all crazed for me, meaning the weaknesses seemed to shift frequently. :( very much unfair.

Oliver118
07-24-13, 11:59 PM
You guys are unlucky:(

MazReptile
07-25-13, 12:47 AM
I was stuck at the 2nd battle.... Was not happy at all

MazReptile
07-25-13, 12:47 AM

This idea is amazing :)

07-25-13, 01:11 AM
The battles were unstable and difficult. That was the point of offering us such an amazing dragon. I can only think of a handful of players who zoomed through the matches. They had a huge surplus of dragons that were good fighters. I have a decent amount of dragons, many diamonds and hybrids and still got kicked around. I had to use gold about four or five times. And when it was all said and done, over 100 dragons were gone. Half due to the fight for Levi.

On this smaller account I have far less dragons, but knew what not to use. The matches were also easy. If they made them all easy the dragons won wouldnt have much wow factor. Just my two cents.

07-25-13, 01:11 AM

VERY cool idea! Dark Angel, for me!

kwhales
07-25-13, 03:18 AM
I understand that YY was an award for winning the first tournament, but wasn't it still in beta? Did every player have the first battle to play?

If not, these players should be able to try for YY at some point. Release the game to all of us for this new dragon reward, then I think you should release the first tournament to all the players who haven't had it yet. Give them a chance at YY.

sunkalito
07-25-13, 03:54 AM
I understand that YY was an award for winning the first tournament, but wasn't it still in beta? Did every player have the first battle to play?

If not, these players should be able to try for YY at some point. Release the game to all of us for this new dragon reward, then I think you should release the first tournament to all the players who haven't had it yet. Give them a chance at YY.

First beta testers too. It was nightmarish, i struggled with EVERY battle :/

07-25-13, 05:50 AM

Whether we were in beta testing (main account) on In the 2nd release (this account), all iOS players have had a chance to do the tournaments. I'm sad for those who couldn't get it. Especially those like my neighbor who was on the last battle but ran out of time. I was just as annoyed as she was!

fitfunsparkle
07-25-13, 09:48 AM
I think some people just made the wrong choices for battling, or didn't get lucky enough to get a critical hit. I didn't even know there were strong/weak battle combinations until the final four battles, yet was able to get through them with just random picks. My husband on the other hand didn't fall on thegood side of the RNG. I was on vacation for the previous tournament, but still managed to complete all 30 battles. I would do a few battles breakfast, lunch, dinner, right before bed. In the final 24 hours I would speed up when there was about 30 min left because by then the cost went down to just one gold (for me was four gold to speed up immediately). I did lose a bunch of dragons, and still have six left to heal from that first tournament! This tournament i am not doing as well, even with the list of strengths/weaknesses.

sunkalito
07-25-13, 10:57 AM
I followed the schematics for battling weaknesses and strengths, and it was still funky to get anything right. :( comparing with normal results i get in the arena (which are still weird sometimes) it was incredibly random!
Guess my game hates me and decided to turn my life into living hell. I had so many disabled dragons and had only won 10 rounds before it ended,

kwhales
07-25-13, 02:41 PM
Whether we were in beta testing (main account) on In the 2nd release (this account), all iOS players have had a chance to do the tournaments. I'm sad for those who couldn't get it. Especially those like my neighbor who was on the last battle but ran out of time. I was just as annoyed as she was!

Umm, no they didn't. On my daughters account, she never got the tournament.

tasha291
07-28-13, 08:24 PM
Very unfair for the first round of beta testers mind you. Those battles were a nightmare and unruly - I mean, seriously, I could just as easily win a battle against a super rare and then lose it to the common of the same color combo, using my dragon again. Makes no sense. Or I am very unlucky!!

Also very unfair when you complete 30 battles w/4 hours to spare and you don't get the dragon. Support claims I didn't fulfill the requirements. The req was to win 30 rounds in time so what didn't I complete. Didn't think I had to take a screenshot to prove it but lesson learned.

johntran611
07-29-13, 10:38 PM
haha, i got up to 25 or 27 wins? for the YY, i forgot, then time ran out..I was so bitter :(

kwhales
07-30-13, 03:05 AM
Also very unfair when you complete 30 battles w/4 hours to spare and you don't get the dragon. Support claims I didn't fulfill the requirements. The req was to win 30 rounds in time so what didn't I complete. Didn't think I had to take a screenshot to prove it but lesson learned.

Did they tell,you what requirements you didn't fulfill? If not see if a community manager can help. Pm one and give them your ticket number. Explain what happened and ask (nicely) for their assistance.

07-30-13, 11:17 AM

If you defeated YY, then your win should be saved in their servers. LIke, Kwhales mentioned, I'd PM a CM, because you either finished or you didnt. I'd have no idea why they would tell you something like that.

lanadelgaga
07-30-13, 11:18 AM

Same lol I was like no point

NanaCanna
07-30-13, 03:53 PM
The battles must be random cuz I put my lvl 10 forest up against TL's lvl 1 forest & I lost the battle. Common sense tells me there's something wrong there!

kwhales
07-30-13, 05:08 PM
The battles must be random cuz I put my lvl 10 forest up against TL's lvl 1 forest & I lost the battle. Common sense tells me there's something wrong there!

Rarely will a dragon of the same element beat their opponent.

tasha291
07-30-13, 06:58 PM
support said I didn't fulfill the req in time. I pointed out that I wouldn't have been able to get to 30 if I had timed out. No response yet. I will PM a community manager.

sand
07-31-13, 09:41 PM
Now that there is an ethereal dragon, will there be a way to get the yin yang? I had a chance to get it before but I couldn't beat anything at all. Was that my only chance to get it?

Jake, I can understand why players would not be allowed to replay a particular tournament anytime soon; but you DID say that ALL iOS players would have a shot at the first boss, Yin Yang. You say, "Until then, there's only the Market," but Yin Yang has never been on the market, and never should be.

I agree with your position that "we wouldn't want to take away their value by making them easy to obtain." So neither Yin Yang nor Ethereal should be for sale on the market. Yet Ethereal was out there with a 1500-gold price tag while so many of us stubbornly tried to fight our way through a broken tournament that derailed within hours of its start.

Only a handful of players were willing and able to gold-speed and Ultimate-attack their way through the Ethereal tournament before the red banner came down more than 5 days ahead of the official finish. Some won their 30 rounds and didn't get the dragon prize. Players have since purchased Ethereal, whether or not they saw any tournament action. Isn't that tantamount to "[taking] away their value by making them easy to obtain"?

It could be argued that a 1500-gold dragon is not easy to afford, but it's "easy to obtain" in the sense that it certainly doesn't involve any degree of game-playing challenge. I don't know, Jake. I'm struggling to get a rational grasp of the decisions your team has recently made regarding these tournaments.

Having said that, I thank all the people at TeamLava who have brought us the excitement of the regular arena, heightened by the challenge of tournaments. I hope we can look forward to the return of the Ethereal tournament and the great game-changing update you promised us for this month.

sand
07-31-13, 09:54 PM
My Yin Yang egg remains in its nest. It was forged through the merciless fires of Beta Test #2 of July 3-7, the most brutal of the Yin Yang tournaments. Every player with an arena deserves the chance to run that same gauntlet at least once. Until that happens, I will try to keep this Yin Yang nested for as long as I can manage.