PDA

View Full Version : Outdoor Grill & Firepit

sillygran
07-23-13, 02:27 PM
When do I get more recipies for these. Right now there is one each.

bigbux3
07-23-13, 03:25 PM
You won't get anymore recipes on these appliances.
For whatever reason, TeamLava releases new appliances with 1-3 recipes on them, instead of just adding them to the Stove, Oven, or Grill.

sapphirecross
07-23-13, 03:30 PM
Never. :)
They are removed appliances - when you master the recipes on them, you can just store them and focus on a different appliance, unless you just like them and want to keep cooking that food. But you won't get any more bonus coins or gems for continuing to cook mastered recipes, and there are tons more recipes to make. The only recipes I make after mastering are ones with very high quantity cuz I'm always running out of food. :)
Though, if you're making theme food like all hamburgers in game, can be fun to pull out old appliances and cook a stack of sliders along with the other stuff for instance. :)

sapphirecross
07-23-13, 03:34 PM
New appliances extend the game by adding the extra construction time, plus giving some reason to interact with neighbors to get/gift parts. And every appliance gives an easy way to add elements of whatever theme that week/month.
I like all the ovens, having 40+ neighbors is pretty pointless otherwise unless you're a daily tipper.

twospoons
08-01-13, 08:31 PM
ah, i knew i saw these comments somewhere. so anyway, yes, there are more recipes to make, but tons? not even. but there are a ton of possible recipes in the world. and i know, every recipe they add is another couple gems people can earn instead of buy, but it's just so depressing to see such limited imagination. i mean, i can think of more than 3 recipes for a swedish stove, and the closest i've ever come to sweden is ikea.

and i agree about liking the ovens, sapphirecross. once i got to the point that i could build stuff, i was all happy, buying a totally new appliance, getting excited to see what i would get from it once i collected all the parts. and then i completed my outdoor grill and found only sliders. and i thought maybe it was a glitch, so i tried the smoker, and found only ribs. it's absolutely pathetic. honestly, i would rather they stopped releasing recipes on the 3 main appliances and instead added on to some of the non-removed constructibles (tempt those who haven't bought them yet that way too). and more recipes on each cooker doesn't have to mean fewer cookers, because there are certainly still enough countries in the world, or regions in america (and other places, that's just what i'm familiar with), or types of pans or cooking, that they haven't even touched that i could list 20 more appliances right now. (granted, maybe i just missed some from before i started.)

(as a side note: i totally agree with only 3 recipes on goal ovens, mostly because i couldn't get to the cruise stove in time and that coconut cake was just so pretty).

so now it makes me sad to see ovens that i don't own, but because i have (obviously) joined the forums now and can check, it makes even sadder to think of building something just to see a lonely little recipe when there's a whole world of possibility that TL is ignoring.

sheloco
08-02-13, 08:26 AM
I think it would be cool if TL would bring back really old ovens and release new recipes on them. For those who have the oven, they get new recipes to master. For those who do not have the oven, they get a new oven to build. Plus, it would save TL from having to constantly come out with new stuff. They could squeeze in the old stuff from time to time...

Gypsy_Cat
08-02-13, 10:17 AM
I think it would be cool if TL would bring back really old ovens and release new recipes on them. For those who have the oven, they get new recipes to master. For those who do not have the oven, they get a new oven to build. Plus, it would save TL from having to constantly come out with new stuff. They could squeeze in the old stuff from time to time...

I totally agree with all of this. TL should 'repurpose' old machines, it would be very Green of them :p

nomicrophone
08-04-13, 01:50 PM

Yes! I would love for them to rerelease the fire pit oven. At the time when I first started playing I just bought one to have but I only purchased one, I never really used it until now and I really wish I'd bought maybe another or two because the quantity amount they give you doesn't last at all. I'm going thru the exact thing with the Egg Stove....oh well.

cherryberry9
08-04-13, 11:36 PM
What's the fire pit oven? Can someone post a pic. Am I losing it, I'm level 99 and haven't heard of fire pit oven...

twospoons
08-05-13, 02:54 AM
i don't have it myself (joined too late), but it's in the second row of the 3rd section in the recipe inventory & chart thread, the chart with the info on what you need to build each appliance. it's actually the fire pit grill, if that was contributing to your memory loss! (although the other chart says it has 3 recipes - pineapple chicken, grilled eggplant and pork & salsa, so sillygran may have originally been referring to the smoker, which, along with the outdoor grill, is what i always complain about as only having one recipe).

cherryberry9
08-05-13, 03:19 PM
Oh I have this oven....3 of them. They were from Olympic content.

twospoons
08-06-13, 07:34 PM
Oh I have this oven....3 of them. They were from Olympic content.

yeah, yeah. rub it in. (i liked that one--pineapple chicken and pork with salsa sound yummy.)

twospoons
08-06-13, 07:38 PM
actually, never mind, i just realized you're the one who posted about "winning" the football helmets. you deserve niceness and positive comments, so pretend i said "that's good, you're so lucky to have joined this game early" instead!