PDA

View Full Version : Black Currant

Unregistered
05-23-10, 04:19 PM
alright guys, I see that plenty of you have put up spreadsheets with different views on what the best crop to plant is. I dunno about you guys, but when you take EVERYTHING into consideration the best crop is by far Black Currant. Hear me out here.

If you plant BC and have enough friends to water you whole farm every 4 Hrs you will generate a bonus of +1XP and +20coins per square! I understand you have to pay to 10 coins to crop, but you get the bonus twice as compared to the next fastest growing crop, that also applies to plow bonus as well. I'm not going to go into the in depth Mathematics, but If you add that into your spreadsheets you will clearly see it's the best "All Around" crop. EXCLUDING Straw/Rasp. of course, but who has all that time to waste?

Shaw
05-23-10, 04:40 PM
I generally agree... except, my strategy is to plant whatever the most valuable crop item is... depending on how long I will be away. If I know that I'm gonna be gone for 8 hours (like sleeping), then it is technically more valuable to plant Broccoli. Then, when I wake up, I might plant a couple rounds of strawberries, before planting some Blackcurrant.

Overall, I agree with you.

ilikecookiez13
05-23-10, 04:54 PM
alright guys, I see that plenty of you have put up spreadsheets with different views on what the best crop to plant is. I dunno about you guys, but when you take EVERYTHING into consideration the best crop is by far Black Currant. Hear me out here.

If you plant BC and have enough friends to water you whole farm every 4 Hrs you will generate a bonus of +1XP and +20coins per square! I understand you have to pay to 10 coins to crop, but you get the bonus twice as compared to the next fastest growing crop, that also applies to plow bonus as well. I'm not going to go into the in depth Mathematics, but If you add that into your spreadsheets you will clearly see it's the best "All Around" crop. EXCLUDING Straw/Rasp. of course, but who has all that time to waste?

This is correct.
For example, a spreadsheet I made. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dEM1XzBOR0toLWU5S1d6YlhPczU4a lE&hl=nl#gid=0)
It shows that Cabbage gives a little bit more coins than Black Currants do per hour.

In 12 hours you can grow 2 Cabbages, and lets say they're watered.
12*40 = 480+40(extra coins because they're watered)= 520 coins.

Now over to the Black Currants.
In 12 hours you can grow 3 Black Currants(watered too).
12*38.8 = 465.6+60(extra coins because they're watered)= 525,6 coins.

For experience:
12 hours of Cabbages(watered):
Plowing(2 XP) + Planting(4 XP) + Selling(2 XP) = 8 XP

12 hours of Black Currants(watered):
Plowing(3 XP) + Planting(3 XP) + Selling(3 XP) = 9 XP

Spreadsheet of XP (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dEs2WWotRFVvdFowSVR3OEE4dGVUT lE&hl=nl)

Just making it clear for the people, OP (:

Moeligerent
05-23-10, 05:12 PM
#
Black Currant

Alright guys, I see that plenty of you have put up spreadsheets with different views on what the best crop to plant is. I dunno about you guys, but when you take EVERYTHING into consideration the best crop is by far Black Currant. Hear me out here.

If you plant BC and have enough friends to water you whole farm every 4 Hrs you will generate a bonus of +1XP and +20coins per square! I understand you have to pay to 10 coins to crop, but you get the bonus twice as compared to the next fastest growing crop, that also applies to plow bonus as well. If you add that into your spreadsheets you will clearly see it's the best "All Around" crop. EXCLUDING Straw/Rasp. of course, but who has all that time to waste?

This is correct.
For example, a spreadsheet I made. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dHZjMVZUN1g1ZVkzUnZLQTBpQVFBQ nc&hl=nl)
It shows that Cabbage gives a little bit more coins than Black Currants do per hour.

For experience:

12 hours of Black Currants:

Just making it clear for the people, OP (:

Hey, Thanks Shaw. I was the original poster(before Login) and didn't feel like writing that out. This should be stickied for all those people that you know are gonna keep asking what the best Crop to plant is.

ADD ME
moeligerent
POTatoFarmer

ilikecookiez13
05-23-10, 05:27 PM
Hey, Thanks Shaw...
Lol, i'm not Shaw ;)
But meh, np. I love math and stuff like these.
I'll add you.
My ingame name and storm8 ID is ilikecookiez13 (:

Shaw
05-23-10, 05:34 PM
Lol, i'm not Shaw ;)
But meh, np. I love math and stuff like these.
I'll add you.
My ingame name and storm8 ID is ilikecookiez13 (:

Hehe... and I was ready to take the credit anyhow :P

Joking.

ilikecookiez
05-23-10, 05:39 PM
Hehe... and I was ready to take the credit
anyhow :P

Joking
Hehe, wouldn't mind tho since you seem like a nice person on the forums (:

Unregistered
05-24-10, 07:08 AM
well to get back on track lol.....now i did the cals couple of times, but the best **** that gievs the more profit per hr seems to be cabbage...can someone check that...i though it was balckcurrat too...but i am finding out thats its cabbage that had a higher profit/hr

Cabbage = 25 pf/hr
brocoli = 21.88 pf/hr
Carrot = 18.33 pf/hr
Grapes = 16.88 pf/hr
Black Cur = 16.25 pf /hr

these values are with the 10 coins added in the cost. And the calcs do no include the extra coins you get from water.

EDIT = I have to correct myself...i had the wrong cost for Black Curr.

DK

Unregistered
05-24-10, 10:06 AM
well to get back on track lol.....now i did the cals couple of times, but the best **** that gievs the more profit per hr seems to be cabbage...can someone check that...i though it was balckcurrat too...but i am finding out thats its cabbage that had a higher profit/hr

Cabbage = 25 pf/hr
brocoli = 21.88 pf/hr
Carrot = 18.33 pf/hr
Grapes = 16.88 pf/hr
Black Cur = 16.25 pf /hr

these values are with the 10 coins added in the cost. And the calcs do no include the extra coins you get from water.

EDIT = I have to correct myself...i had the wrong cost for Black Curr.

DK

Yeah, once you add in the extra 20 coins for watered crops and the +1XP for cropping, it's the best crop PERIOD. But then again it all depends on play style and time.

BlueWire
05-24-10, 12:57 PM
Makes sense for cabbage to be the highest $/hr crop since "cabbage" is a slang term for $$$$ cash

Moeligerent
05-24-10, 05:15 PM
No, cabbage actually isn't the best crop. The Best crop is BC. Reread the original post. It's better than cabbage by a little, but if you add in the water Bonus than it's by far better.

ilikecookiez13
05-24-10, 11:05 PM
No, cabbage actually isn't the best crop. The Best crop is BC. Reread the original post. It's better than cabbage by a little, but if you add in the water Bonus than it's by far better.

This is correct.
For example, a spreadsheet I made. (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dEM1XzBOR0toLWU5S1d6YlhPczU4a lE&hl=nl#gid=0)

For experience:

Spreadsheet of XP (https://spreadsheets.google.com/ccc?key=0Akkk8I_C0Zd5dEs2WWotRFVvdFowSVR3OEE4dGVUT lE&hl=nl)

The calculations I made here above are of WATERED Cabbage versus Blackcurrants.

Now math without water.

In 12 hours you can grow 2 Cabbages.
If they're not watered you'll get:
12*40 = 480

In 12 hours you can grow 3 Black Currants.
Also not watered:
12*38.8 = 465.6

For experience:
12 hours of Cabbages:
Plowing(2 XP) + Planting(4 XP) = 6 XP

Plowing(3 XP) + Planting(3 XP) + = 6 XP

Farmer Grud
05-25-10, 06:59 AM
The calculations I made here above are of WATERED Cabbage versus Blackcurrants.

Now math without water.

In 12 hours you can grow 2 Cabbages.
If they're not watered you'll get:
12*40 = 480

In 12 hours you can grow 3 Black Currants.
Also not watered:
12*38.8 = 465.6

For experience:
12 hours of Cabbages:
Plowing(2 XP) + Planting(4 XP) = 6 XP

Plowing(3 XP) + Planting(3 XP) + = 6 XP

I don't know why I'm getting involved in this STUDPID argument. I guess I just can't stand to see wrong information spread or to see someone WRONG try and correct another.

ilikecookiez13, the numbers you have on your spreadsheet are just plain WRONG. The mistake you made is you show the profit from cabbage as $240 ($250 minus plow cost). You seem to have forgotten that it cost you $100 to PLANT said crop. This means that your profit on cabbage is NOT $240, but instead only $140. You made the same mistake on ALL your crops in your spreadsheet.This subsequently screwed up your hourly figure. I think you will find when you fix this error how you have been wrong.

Why even use the hourly figure if you are going to use an example of 12 hours to prove your point. You choose a common denominator (12) so you wouldn't have to use the hourly figure.

Cabbage cost $110 to plant (w/plow cost) and earns $250 when harvested. That's a $140 profit every 6 hours. So you earn a total of $280 in your 12 hours.

Blackcurrant cost $70 to plant (w/plow cost) and earns $165 when harvested. That's a $95 profit every 4 hours. So you earn a total of $285 in the same 12 hours.

If you factor in the $20 bonus you get if another waters your crop in that time your difference is even better in Blackcurrant's favor as it makes an extra $60 in those 12 hours whereas the Cabbage only makes an extra $40.

All this said, WHO REALLY GIVES A @#$! If you guys spent half as much time planting your **** crops as you have trying to figure out which ones to plant you'd be level 30 by know with so much money you'd have nothing to spend it on. People, plant what you want and feel like!!!! If you must get the most bang for your buck, do the math yourselves as there is a lot of SCREWED up math in these forums and you need to check it yourself before taking it as gospel. :p

ilikecookiez13
05-25-10, 07:41 AM
I don't know why I'm getting involved in this STUDPID argument. I guess I just can't stand to see wrong information spread or to see someone WRONG try and correct another.

ilikecookiez13, the numbers you have on your spreadsheet are just plain WRONG. The mistake you made is you show the profit from cabbage as $240 ($250 minus plow cost). You seem to have forgotten that it cost you $100 to PLANT said crop. This means that your profit on cabbage is NOT $240, but instead only $140. You made the same mistake on ALL your crops in your spreadsheet.This subsequently screwed up your hourly figure. I think you will find when you fix this error how you have been wrong.

Why even use the hourly figure if you are going to use an example of 12 hours to prove your point. You choose a common denominator (12) so you wouldn't have to use the hourly figure.

Cabbage cost $110 to plant (w/plow cost) and earns $250 when harvested. That's a $140 profit every 6 hours. So you earn a total of $280 in your 12 hours.

Blackcurrant cost $70 to plant (w/plow cost) and earns $165 when harvested. That's a $95 profit every 4 hours. So you earn a total of $285 in the same 12 hours.

If you factor in the $20 bonus you get if another waters your crop in that time your difference is even better in Blackcurrant's favor as it makes an extra $60 in those 12 hours whereas the Cabbage only makes an extra $40.

All this said, WHO REALLY GIVES A @#$! If you guys spent half as much time planting your **** crops as you have trying to figure out which ones to plant you'd be level 30 by know with so much money you'd have nothing to spend it on. People, plant what you want and feel like!!!! If you must get the most bang for your buck, do the math yourselves as there is a lot of SCREWED up math in these forums and you need to check it yourself before taking it as gospel. :p

Oh, sorry for being "STUDPID".
Sorry that I didn't double check when I was working with excel.
You could also tell me I did something wrong instead of nerdraging/flaming the **** out of everyone that made a mistake with their spreadsheet.
And they say Shaw was such a *******.
Thanks for everything, you are great and mighty.
Your intelligence just blows me away.
Your aggression burns me into ashes.
Should I continue?

Farmer Grud
05-25-10, 07:53 AM
Oh, sorry for being "STUDPID".
Sorry that I didn't double check when I was working with excel.
You could also tell me I did something wrong instead of nerdraging/flaming the **** out of everyone that made a mistake with their spreadsheet.
And they say Shaw was such a *******.
Thanks for everything, you are great and mighty.
Your intelligence just blows me away.
Your aggression burns me into ashes.
Should I continue?

Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so agressive in my correction. My anger over the whole topic was more directed at the pointless back and forth of this argument more then it was at you.

You were just acting on wrong information and I don't fault you for this. You were try'n to stand up for what you believed right & there is nothing wrong with that.

The bigger point I was trying to make is, "Why waste soooo much time trying to figure this out in the first place?"

Just enjoy planting ALL the crops and seeing how they look. We all agree when it comes down to it that the Strawberries and Raspberries are by far the best crops if you want to earn money fast. Speaking as someone who agressivily made it to level 25 and bought EVERYTHING that I wanted in my first day of play, I can tell you I know find that Money means VERY little as I no longer have anything left to buy.

Just take it easy and enjoy the journey. Experiment with ALL crops and mix it up. This is not a game where money or even experience matters that much.

Once again I'm sorry if I came off as harsh towards you ilikecookiez. You were NOT the source of my frustration.

ilikecookiez13
05-25-10, 08:08 AM
Sorry, I didn't mean to come off so agressive in my correction. My anger over the whole topic was more directed at the pointless back and forth of this argument more then it was at you.

You were just acting on wrong information and I don't fault you for this. You were try'n to stand up for what you believed right & there is nothing wrong with that.

The bigger point I was trying to make is, "Why waste soooo much time trying to figure this out in the first place?"

Just enjoy planting ALL the crops and seeing how they look. We all agree when it comes down to it that the Strawberries and Raspberries are by far the best crops if you want to earn money fast. Speaking as someone who agressivily made it to level 25 and bought EVERYTHING that I wanted in my first day of play, I can tell you I know find that Money means VERY little as I no longer have anything left to buy.

Just take it easy and enjoy the journey. Experiment with ALL crops and mix it up. This is not a game where money or even experience matters that much.

Once again I'm sorry if I came off as harsh towards you ilikecookiez. You were NOT the source of my frustration.

I understand.
I respect you now you've said that.
My spreadsheet had a big mistake and I thank you for pointing that out.

The reason I made a spreadsheet is because some people are more interested in coins than how their farm looks and dont feel like planting a bunch of strawberries and keep em busy all day long.
My apologies for the flamebait comment.

Unregistered
05-25-10, 02:56 PM
Wow. You guys are all wrong. BC and cabbage are all crappy plants when it comes to most profit. when your lvl 28 Pot is available to ya. And that provides you the best profit so far. Cost to plant 45. Cash to pick 280. 4 hr time.

Farmer Grud
05-25-10, 03:23 PM
Wow. You guys are all wrong. BC and cabbage are all crappy plants when it comes to most profit. when your lvl 28 Pot is available to ya. And that provides you the best profit so far. Cost to plant 45. Cash to pick 280. 4 hr time.

LOL, oh if that were only true...

You should drop that suggestion in the feedback section of this forum. I'm sure that would pull in a lot more players if they had Pot as one of the crops. :p

Unregistered
05-26-10, 04:14 AM
LOL, oh if that were only true...

You should drop that suggestion in the feedback section of this forum. I'm sure that would pull in a lot more players if they had Pot as one of the crops. :p

ha if only they would take that suggestion seriously lol. Which I doubt it. Sry justhadto break the tension going on here.

It's a game guys. Don't take it to heart. Have fun with it.