PDA

View Full Version : Feature Overview: Breeding Gemstone Dragons [iOS/Android]

Pages : [1] 2

JakeStorm8
07-22-13, 01:28 PM
Good afternoon everyone,

Today I want to introduce breedable gemstone dragons!

A lot of you have figured it out already, but I'll break down the details here.

Gemstone Dragons (Ruby, Emerald, Sapphire, etc.), in addition to being craftable at the Spell Shop, can now be bred! We added a new type "Gemstone" to all gemstone dragons. The gemstone type is a composite type (like black and pink) that breaks down into green and blue. So it can produce green, blue, and gemstone hybrids with whichever color it is paired with.

http://i.imgur.com/SAchB6b.png
Gemstone Type

A new base dragon for this type has been released, the aptly named Gemstone Dragon. Just like Night Dragon for black, this dragon is the easiest way to get access to the gemstone hybrids. Of course, if you already have a Ruby Dragon, it will be able to produce gemstone offspring as well, in addition to other hybrids.

http://i.imgur.com/2pEO1eb.png
Base Gemstone Dragon

We've also released a new gemstone type habitat called Gemstone Prairie to house the new base dragon. Since Ruby, Emerald, etc. have their original types in addition to gemstone, they can live here or in your Red Rocks and Green Groves.

http://i.imgur.com/6wVFqa0.png
Gemstone Prairie

Why'd we do it?
The #1 reason I suggested this to the team last month is simply that these dragons are awesome, and not enough people have access to them. That includes all Android players, who until now have had no way to enjoy these dragons without making a purchase, and many of the iOS players who didn't participate in trading and crafting. We still have craft-only dragons like Lotus and Samurai, but since the collection of gemstone dragons was becoming so large we thought these dragons would add more to the game as their own large, breedable type.

I hope you enjoy this new way to obtain some of our most beautiful dragons! I'll be checking back to answer any questions.

-Jake.

Here's a list of all the dragons who now fall under the gemstone type:

Gemstone Dragon
Ruby Dragon
Emerald Dragon
Topaz Dragon
Sapphire Dragon
Amethyst Dragon
Pearl Dragon
Quartz Dragon
Onyx Dragon
Tiger's Eye Dragon

mymummy789
07-22-13, 01:39 PM
I guess the most important question is, are you possibly going to give us a tiny habitat increase, pretty please :D

Edit(KP)

Extra information :

For Androidusers:

Yes,it is possible to breed and have all of gemstone dragons 100%
I've got already:
-Rubybreeding GS + Crusader
-Emerald breeding GS + Dawntree
- Sapphire breeding GS + Mercury
-Topaz breeding GS + Gold
-Ametyst breeding GS + Anubis
-Pearl breeding GS + Angel
-Onyx breeding GS + Dark Angel
-and still waiting now for Quartz and Tiger'eye,not have them yet:(

nbella1414
07-22-13, 01:43 PM
Gemstone hybrids sound exciting. :)

hatchlings727
07-22-13, 01:45 PM
looking it up at the same time it reads that it is 7900$ and holds 3 :)

hatchlings727
07-22-13, 01:46 PM
only costs 2 mil

montrianmaster
07-22-13, 01:51 PM
one of the best ideas EVER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

montrianmaster
07-22-13, 01:52 PM
only costs 2 mil
Only two million? that is no only (no offense). I will never get topaz now

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 01:53 PM
Need 3 new habitats since iOS users will now have to re-purchase basic element dragons since that functionality is gone. They'll have to move the gemstone dragons into their new habitat and re-purchase / feed the basic dragons.

Aside from that, why were gemstone dragons given blue & green and not kept pure? If it was to give Android access to the gemstones.... I could've waited. Gemstones should be crafted, not bred. We have plenty of dragons to breed. Crafting dragons was supposed to be an alternate way to slowly but surely obtain unique dragons. They've lost quite a bit of their uniqueness, IMO.

And I really have doubts that parity is anywhere near completion with this change. If trading & crafting were coming anytime soon this never would have been implemented. Am I wrong?

dw9893
07-22-13, 02:06 PM
for iOS users - this idea is worthless.. and especially for those players who had the gemstones dragon from crafting. Worst idea EVER. Not to mention the lack of habitat increase.... AGAIN

NouraMoh
07-22-13, 02:16 PM
I don't think it's "worst idea ever"
I think TL had to do what they had to do to give Android players a little "something"
They deserve it.. They've been waiting so long!

I agree that giving them Crafting/trading is way better
But I'm sure if TL could have, they would have done it
So it's a good compromise for the time being

Guys,
Let Android players enjoy this new feature and don't spoil it for them with negative comments :)

igames4me
07-22-13, 02:25 PM
I luv the habitat

dw9893
07-22-13, 02:38 PM
so lets call it what it is then - an " android " update.. Im fine with that.. I dont mind showing Android some love.. they are further behind... but dont tell me you've got a surprise for all the players..

and yes. it was the WORST idea ever.. you just basically took dragons we already had access to, and gave us another way to access them.. and that.. is the worst idea ever.

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 02:44 PM
so lets call it what it is then - an " android " update.. Im fine with that.. I dont mind showing Android some love.. they are further behind... but dont tell me you've got a surprise for all the players..

and yes. it was the WORST idea ever.. you just basically took dragons we already had access to, and gave us another way to access them.. and that.. is the worst idea ever.

And added unnecessary / unwanted colors to each gemstone dragon in the process.

jwin1213
07-22-13, 02:45 PM
I don't think it's "worst idea ever"
I think TL had to do what they had to do to give Android players a little "something"
They deserve it.. They've been waiting so long!

I agree that giving them Crafting/trading is way better
But I'm sure if TL could have, they would have done it
So it's a good compromise for the time being

Guys,
Let Android players enjoy this new feature and don't spoil it for them with negative comments :)

Thank you for posting this, I have been a very loyal TL player, DS is my favorite, as an android user I appreciate TL giving us the opportunity to breed a gem dragon since we dont have the avalibilty to craft them....it amazes me why someone would be upset at the fact that the gem dragons are now breedable?? Were you upset for us android users when we found out we cant even get these dragons with out gold....i think not....since we all are playing a very awesome game lets not ruin it by slamming TL about a discussion that was long over due......THANK YOU TL!!!

igames4me
07-22-13, 02:47 PM

Not the brightest idea but you wouldn't be complaining if the made treasure dragons breedable ...maybe you would if you already purchased them with gold

07-22-13, 02:49 PM
I'm very happy for my android neighbors! I'm just annoyed for myself. Does that count? :p

As I've said before, to give one thing and remove something from another is beyond silly. I don't have space to fit my original fire, light and air dragons. For future breedings I need them. I shouldn't have to set myself up for additional fails by using a diamond hybrid with those colors or taking a bigger chance with a craft. Why can't I have what I want the way I want it?! (Said in a bratty 4 year old voice.)

dw9893
07-22-13, 02:56 PM
Not the brightest idea but you wouldn't be complaining if the made treasure dragons breedable ...maybe you would if you already purchased them with gold

Yes... I would complain just the same if it was the treasure dragons that were made breedable.. They arent fixing the gut of the problems.. just adding junk and trying to make things even.. hardly a true surprise for everyone.

rubyjeen
07-22-13, 03:02 PM
I play on iOS, but haven't gotten any extra black or pinks to be able to trade and craft for tigers eye, onyx, etc so I'm happy that I can try to breed them now. Being able to use gemstones for breeding has always been a glitch and didn't give any better results than the regular solid colors did. I don't think it took anything away from iOS, and now android at least has a chance at them without using real money. They still need the craft/trade option too, but at least now they have more dragons accessible to them.

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 03:05 PM
I'm very happy for my android neighbors! I'm just annoyed for myself. Does that count? :p

As I've said before, to give one thing and remove something from another is beyond silly. I don't have space to fit my original fire, light and air dragons. For future breedings I need them. I shouldn't have to set myself up for additional fails by using a diamond hybrid with those colors or taking a bigger chance with a craft. Why can't I have what I want the way I want it?! (Said in a bratty 4 year old voice.)

And as an Android user myself I didn't want this change to affect iOS nbrs negatively. And it has, partially at least. And in the long run Android will get partial ( at least that what TL says ) and then it affects us negatively as well. Short term = YAY! Long Term = Boo!

mityaj
07-22-13, 03:11 PM
Well, I have mixed feelings about it... From Android perspective. It's nice to be able to get most crafted dragons without gold. But... There are still many dragons not obtainable (lotus, samurai, knight) that can be made by iOS users in craft shop. We don't get craft-able decorations either. I have been saving super-rare dragon duplicates in anticipation of trading feature on Android, but I guess I'll have to throw them out, otherwise there is no room. So the parity is not addressed at all and given this new feature, I don't think Android will get crafting any time soon, so it is after all disappointing.

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 03:16 PM
And in the long run Android will get partial ( at least that what TL says )

Meant Parity.

kwhales
07-22-13, 03:18 PM
I have a question. Why was it necessary to add another element to the gemstone dragons? It seems to me adding a color just made it more involved then just bringing over the single color element.

I am thrilled Android can now get them. But why change their 'genetic' makeup? Weren't they just a different looking fire, air, water, etc basic dragon? Adding this extra element now makes for island fails for everyone.

Oh, and where is Kindle in all this?

lanadelgaga
07-22-13, 03:21 PM
for iOS users - this idea is worthless.. and especially for those players who had the gemstones dragon from crafting. Worst idea EVER. Not to mention the lack of habitat increase.... AGAIN

I thought this too, but we can still craft this one. So much easier than breeding Blue/Green for days.

We still have it easier though

Turpsichore
07-22-13, 03:30 PM

I agree this is the worst idea TL have implemented (so far) but it is NOT an update for Android, this is a ____________ for ALL platforms. Sorry, I can't think of a way to adequately express how bad it is.

1) Android/Kindle players have NEVER suggested that breeding gemstone dragons would be a good idea. It's the trading & crafting that is wanted so that there is something else to do in the game.

2) If TL wanted to throw non-iOS players a sop, they could have made the gemstone dragons available for coins rather than gold.

3) Being "rares", the gemstones had a slight advantage over the original base dragons in the breeding den. Making them split doesn't just destroy that advantage, it makes them useless to breed with.NOBODY likes splitting colours.

4) Other than emerald (10hrs) the fails are horrendous.

What part of the surprise are we supposed to love??????

HenryLucky1
07-22-13, 03:32 PM
One question, you said gemstone is a composite type, breaks down to Blue and Green, so it has Blue and Green colors? And we need blue and Green to get it?

mindymonkey
07-22-13, 03:35 PM

Paerfectly said! I think we should enjoy this beautiful new dragon and great habitat. Theres always a in and always an out, lose to gain. In the end we will all get what we want.

JakeStorm8
07-22-13, 03:36 PM
I have a question. Why was it necessary to add another element to the gemstone dragons? It seems to me adding a color just made it more involved then just bringing over the single color element.

I am thrilled Android can now get them. But why change their 'genetic' makeup? Weren't they just a different looking fire, air, water, etc basic dragon? Adding this extra element now makes for island fails for everyone.

For a brand new type you might be right about this. It's a larger issue though when the dragons already exist because players would now have dragons living in the wrong habitats. What happens to a Ruby dragon that only has the type Gemstone living in a habitat that only accepts Fire type dragons? That sort of thing.

lanadelgaga
07-22-13, 03:36 PM
One question, you said gemstone is a composite type, breaks down to Blue and Green, so it has Blue and Green colors? And we need blue and Green to get it?

Yes. Composite = made up of various parts of elements. This one is Blue/Green.

Like how black is made up of blue/purple

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 03:37 PM

Blue & Green to breed for the Gemstone Dragon which you then breed with the desired color to get whatever gemstone you want. All gemstone dragons can now break down to Blue & Green & ( Whatever Color ). So all gemstone dragons are now essentially tri-colored dragons.

peteparcon
07-22-13, 03:38 PM
Okay jake, here is a question.

Have you made any progress on porting trading/crafting for android?

If yes, kindly state what has been achieved already.

You said you suggested this new feature (breeding gemstone dragons) a month ago, but why add a new project to your programmers? Why can't they work non-stop in recoding T/C for android?
Given the long time it's taking you to give android the habitat boosts, T/C, quests, and arena, I'm sure you guys have limited programmers.
Giving them another project is just counter-productive.
Unless you guys just gave up on porting T/C.
I'm sure we (android players) won't get those iOS only features in the near future (within a month) because for you, we can already get gemstone dragons w/o purchasing them.
Prove me wrong, jake. Just prove me wrong.

And really? Adding a new element to the gemstone dragons?!
Why not make them breedable using a gemstone dragon and a base type but make the result a non splitting base type dragon?
If rex is dino+red with the resulting rex only a dino type, why can't ruby (which is a red type) be gemstone+red and result in a red only type?
That way you didn't screw iOS players and made the gemstone dragons still pure base type dragons.

MomsHouseofSweets
07-22-13, 03:43 PM
"And in the long run Android will get partial ( at least that what TL says".

Uhh ... right.

mindymonkey
07-22-13, 03:44 PM

Hi Henry! I hope your excited about this pretty gemstone dragon too, my theory because of all the coral and island fails and its green/blue to craft it on my daughters ios. I have started breeding mermaid/island,first time twenty hrs so im going to continue with this combo and let everyone know using island was so hard because of longbfails but it only makes since. Good luck-

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 03:45 PM
For a brand new type you might be right about this. It's a larger issue though when the dragons already exist because players would now have dragons living in the wrong habitats. What happens to a Ruby dragon that only has the type Gemstone living in a habitat that only accepts Fire type dragons? That sort of thing.

Then why not wait for Trading & Crafting to be released for Android/Kindle? Is it that far off?

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 03:48 PM
Why not make them breedable using a gemstone dragon and a base type but make the result a non splitting base type dragon?
If rex is dino+red with the resulting rex only a dino type, why can't ruby (which is a red type) be gemstone+red and result in a red only type?
That way you didn't screw iOS players and made the gemstone dragons still pure base type dragons.

This would've been good too.

tuskmage
07-22-13, 03:55 PM

Let me try to answear this one. Because most of us always look at the extra Gemstone element from the negative angle.

Let us look at it from the positive angle.

Let say if someone still trying to breed a Mask dragon & wants to get the Troll dragon at the same time.

Mask dragon = Black+Pink

Troll dragon = Black+green

In this case we could use Night = Black / Quartz = Pink+Blue+Green & there we have all the elements that we need for Mask & Troll.

Of course we could always go with the basic Night/Pink for Mask & Night/Forest for Troll if we want to. But if we want to hit 2 dragons with one stone that's another option we have.

Enjoy your reborn Gemstone type dragons. Congrats to all the Android user who loves Gemstone dragons :o

AzHadz
07-22-13, 03:58 PM
Then why not wait for Trading & Crafting to be released for Android/Kindle? Is it that far off?

Seems to be and it's unfortunate...at this rate though, something is better than nothing.

craigoryd
07-22-13, 03:59 PM
I got it!! Bred water and Forrest super breed 891112hrs.

kwhales
07-22-13, 04:00 PM

Thanks Jake for answering so quickly. Just one more question.

What about Kindle?

peteparcon
07-22-13, 04:01 PM
Let me try to answear this one. Because most of us always look at the extra Gemstone element from the negative angle.

Let say if someone still trying to breed a Mask dragon & wants to get the Troll dragon at the same time.

Mask dragon = Black+Pink

In this case we could use Night = Black / Quartz = Pink+Blue+Green & there we have all the elements that we need for Mask & Troll.

Of course we could always go with the basic Night/Pink for Mask & Night/Forest for Troll if we want to. But if we want to hit 2 dragons with one stone that's another option we have.

Enjoy your reborn Gemstone type dragons. Congrats to all the Android user who loves Gemstone dragons :o

That's like saying better use an independence dragon and a diamond so that you may get:
A. Crusader
B. Angel
C. Mercury
D. Infinity

More colors = more fails
More colors to have more results ≠ good

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 04:03 PM

Mask dragon = Black+Pink

Would be better to do one than the other and eliminate more fails. The negative far out-weight what little benefits could possibly come from this. Also hear that gemstones in the Arena all now have a water attack. Seems like a step backwards there. Big change = Big consequences.

tuskmage
07-22-13, 04:07 PM
That's like saying better use an independence dragon and a diamond so that you may get:
A. Crusader
B. Angel
C. Mercury
D. Infinity

More colors = more fails
More colors to have more results ≠ good

Of course there's always Pros & Cons :o But it's fun sometime to have more option to get a dragon. & like I said we could always stay basic.

kwhales
07-22-13, 04:10 PM
So, I guess alot of time and effort and coding and whatnot was involved in this release. Thank you TL for spending, days, weeks, months coming up with this new concept or whatever you want to call it.

But,

Wouldn't it have been easier if you would have just sold the gemstone dragons for coins to android players? Really, how long would it have taken if you backspaced the word gold away and typed in coins?

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 04:14 PM
So, I guess alot of time and effort and coding and whatnot was involved in this release. Thank you TL for spending, days, weeks, months coming up with this new concept or whatever you want to call it.

But,

Wouldn't it have been easier if you would have just sold the gemstone dragons for coins to android players? Really, how long would it have taken if you backspaced the word gold away and typed in coins?

Wasted time and effort, IMO, that could've better been utilized in bring Android to parity.

Turpsichore
07-22-13, 04:15 PM

That doesn't make sense. Many players have gemstone dragons. Are you going to make them homeless until their caretakers buy the new habitat?

Or is it just bred dragons that need special housing? No, that doesn't make sense, either. If the pink hybrid, Justice, can live in pink or red habitats, why can't Ruby live in gemstone or red habitats?

07-22-13, 04:16 PM
That doesn't make sense. Many players have gemstone dragons. Are you going to make them homeless until their caretakers buy the new habitat?

Or is it just bred dragons that need special housing? No, that doesn't make sense, either. If the pink hybrid, Justice, can live in pink or red habitats, why can't Ruby live in gemstone or red habitats?

All Gemstone dragons can stay in their respective home OR the gemstone habitat.

tuskmage
07-22-13, 04:19 PM

I thought Ruby could live in both Gemstone & Fire habitats now?

JakeStorm8
07-22-13, 04:30 PM
Okay jake, here is a question.

Have you made any progress on porting trading/crafting for android?

If yes, kindly state what has been achieved already.

You said you suggested this new feature (breeding gemstone dragons) a month ago, but why add a new project to your programmers? Why can't they work non-stop in recoding T/C for android?
Given the long time it's taking you to give android the habitat boosts, T/C, quests, and arena, I'm sure you guys have limited programmers.
Giving them another project is just counter-productive.
Unless you guys just gave up on porting T/C.
I'm sure we (android players) won't get those iOS only features in the near future (within a month) because for you, we can already get gemstone dragons w/o purchasing them.
Prove me wrong, jake. Just prove me wrong.

I can't update on the parity issues, but here are some answers to your other questions:

Several reasons: We want them to have their own tab in the market, we want Ruby to be able to produce gemstone babies (composite types don't break down unless they are a displayed type of a hybrid), we want players to be able to display their gemstone dragons in the gemstone habitat.

Why does this screw iOS players? Just because you have to get another Fire Dragon to have a pure red parent? I think that's fairly minor.

JakeStorm8
07-22-13, 04:31 PM
I thought Ruby could live in both Gemstone & Fire habitats now?

That's correct.

07-22-13, 04:32 PM
I can't update on the parity issues, but here are some answers to your other questions:

Several reasons: We want them to have their own tab in the market, we want Ruby to be able to produce gemstone babies (composite types don't break down unless they are a displayed type of a hybrid), we want players to be able to display their gemstone dragons in the gemstone habitat.

Why does this screw iOS players? Just because you have to get another Fire Dragon to have a pure red parent? I think that's fairly minor.

It would be minor, if you are oh so nice enough to give us a couple more habitats.

kwhales
07-22-13, 04:34 PM

You aren't really if we had more habitats to put this Fire Dragon in. Some of us IOS players are tapped out of space because of all the awesome dragons you release twice a week. So, umm, how about a habitat increase? (Just a handful, a big handful.) :)

hamadrys
07-22-13, 04:35 PM
I am very happy with this. I must admit I have been appalled at the negativity displayed by some android users. But to each his/her own. I for myself, am thrilled to have the opportunity to breed the beautiful gemstones dragons, so : THANK YOU very much for this !!! :)

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 04:37 PM

Wow, OK. At least it's an answer, thank you for the communication and being so honest. Usually this is what we ask for an never get. Communication. A blunt and straight to the forward is always better than no answer at all.

Just up the habitat cap accordingly so iOS can have room for the basic pure elements again and I guess we'll live with it.

tuskmage
07-22-13, 04:38 PM
I am very happy with this. I must admit I have been appalled at the negativity displayed by some android users. But to each his/her own. I for myself, am thrilled to have the opportunity to breed the beautiful gemstones dragons, so : THANK YOU very much for this !!! :)

Until you try to breed the Tiger's eye lolx

kwhales
07-22-13, 04:39 PM
Until you try to breed the Tiger's eye lolx

Getting enough black gems to craft it isn't a joy either.

yayacupcake
07-22-13, 04:40 PM

I say Thank You for giving us an answer. My negativity stems from lack of communication. If I have an answer, regardless of whether I agree with it or not, I can live with it. So Thank You for the answer. Just keep working on parity... please please please TRY to communicate with us though off and on about it though :)

tuskmage
07-22-13, 04:41 PM
Getting enough black gems to craft it isn't a joy either.

Have you got your Dark Angel yet? If not it's about time to try for it. Those failure will sure give you more than enough of large onyx.

amicacordis
07-22-13, 04:43 PM
I am very happy with this... I for myself, am thrilled to have the opportunity to breed the beautiful gemstones dragons, so : THANK YOU very much for this !!! :)

I feel the same way :) Thanks TL. The only thing we need now are more habitats.

sand
07-22-13, 04:48 PM
Need 3 new habitats since iOS users will now have to re-purchase basic element dragons since that functionality is gone. They'll have to move the gemstone dragons into their new habitat and re-purchase / feed the basic dragons.

Aside from that, why were gemstone dragons given blue & green and not kept pure? If it was to give Android access to the gemstones.... I could've waited. Gemstones should be crafted, not bred. We have plenty of dragons to breed. Crafting dragons was supposed to be an alternate way to slowly but surely obtain unique dragons. They've lost quite a bit of their uniqueness, IMO.
?

... Why was it necessary to add another element to the gemstone dragons? It seems to me adding a color just made it more involved then just bringing over the single color element.?

? why change their 'genetic' makeup? Weren't they just a different looking fire, air, water, etc basic dragon? Adding this extra element now makes for island fails for everyone.
?

Gemstones haven't lost their uniqueness. They are now more unique than ever - the only dragons that can come through BOTH the den and spell shop. They are no longer redundant pure colors. They no longer need to live in separate color habitats.

If the gemstones remained as pure-color dragons then they couldn't become gemstone children since Gemstone cannot possibly combine with a single color to produce another pure. E.g., you can't reasonably expect that Gemstone & Light could produce a Pearl who is pure white. They could have made it a pure gemstone (which would lead to the problems JakeStorm is alluding to), but not a pure white. That's why Pearl must now be a gemstone-white hybrid.

There are pure-color counterparts to Forest, Magic, Virtue and Night. The only pure-color bases with no counterparts are Fire, Air, Water and Light. So at most you may have to buy back 4 base dragons, if you even need them at all.

There is no breed that NEEDS a pure-color gemstone. Rainbow breeding is what brought the breeding changes to light because so many players were under the impression that Sapphire and Topaz gave them better breeding odds. (False impression. Pure-color gemstones were never the holy grail people made them out to be.) Players using Water-Air were able to breed Rainbow without the blue-green fails, as were those who paired yellow-blue hybrids instead of using pure colors.

JakeStorm8
07-22-13, 04:49 PM
Wow, OK. At least it's an answer, thank you for the communication and being so honest. Usually this is what we ask for an never get. Communication. A blunt and straight to the forward is always better than no answer at all.

Just up the habitat cap accordingly so iOS can have room for the basic pure elements again and I guess we'll live with it.

A habitat increase is going out today. My apologies for the delay.

tuskmage
07-22-13, 04:53 PM

Thank you, that's all I'm asking :o

hamadrys
07-22-13, 04:53 PM
That's awesome !!!

dw9893
07-22-13, 05:01 PM
I feel the same way :) Thanks TL. The only thing we need now are more habitats.

You sure thats *ALL* we need?

1. Newer food choices or updated quantities/amounts?
2. Expansions? Running out of room
3. Parity issues still exist between different devices/os'
4. Ironically enough, this has only further skewed the breeding tables
5. Where are the habitat boosts for Pink/Black/Dino/Fairytale/Gemstone?
6. Habitat sense - we need more yes.. thats obvious but why are you having 4 dragons and a 3 dragon habitat?
7. Where are the Larger habitats for Pink/Black? - This falls partly under #6
8. Level cap - 150?.. and what has end game level cap mean for a player?... NOTHING - give it some benefits
9. Social - this hasnt been revamped EVER.. make it more worth our time..

My point is.. thats not the " only " thing we need.

To stay on topic so mods dont complain I'll make this statement

Breeding for Gemstone dragons was just a waste of a majority of the players, and just made breeding worse...

WORST IDEA EVER - SURPRISE?.. Yes.. It was a surprise.. Im surprised it was this horrible.

Again, Im glad the Android users got one step closer.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO otherwise.

Turpsichore
07-22-13, 05:03 PM
Thanks for coming on the thread, Jake; could you please answer this?

If youve been reading the forums at all, you'll know that the main cross-platform complaints are (in no particular order) too many new dragons being released too quickly, colours splitting and ridiculously long breed times.

So, why did you think that suddenly dumping another 10 dragons (most with long times) into the breeding pool while making 9 of start splitting would be received well?

If you'd just offered the gemstones for coins and not made them split it would have been much simpler and MUCH better received.

kwhales
07-22-13, 05:04 PM

Wow. You are wonderful. You should stop by more often to chat. We have questions. You have answers.

tuskmage
07-22-13, 05:08 PM
You sure thats *ALL* we need?

1. Newer food choices or updated quantities/amounts?
2. Expansions? Running out of room
3. Parity issues still exist between different devices/os'
4. Ironically enough, this has only further skewed the breeding tables
5. Where are the habitat boosts for Pink/Black/Dino/Fairytale/Gemstone?
6. Habitat sense - we need more yes.. thats obvious but why are you having 4 dragons and a 3 dragon habitat?
7. Where are the Larger habitats for Pink/Black? - This falls partly under #6
8. Level cap - 150?.. and what has end game level cap mean for a player?... NOTHING - give it some benefits
9. Social - this hasnt been revamped EVER.. make it more worth our time..

My point is.. thats not the " only " thing we need.

To stay on topic so mods dont complain I'll make this statement

Breeding for Gemstone dragons was just a waste of a majority of the players, and just made breeding worse...

WORST IDEA EVER - SURPRISE?.. Yes.. It was a surprise.. Im surprised it was this horrible.

Again, Im glad the Android users got one step closer.

BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO otherwise.

We mean that's all we need for the recently Gemstone dragons change :o

godofsparkle
07-22-13, 05:10 PM

Thank You very much. :D

sand
07-22-13, 05:13 PM
Jake, can you tell us which elements are strong/weak against the gemstone element in the Battle Arena?

In all this, the only downside to iOS with significant impact may be in battle.
Forget what type of magic spell your gemstone is now casting. That's all cosmetic anyway. What's negatively impacted is the gemstones' odds of doing critical damage because they will all now receive a lower rarity score.
When gemstones were unbreedable, they enjoyed elevated status in the arena, ranked as super-rares for the purpose of the rarity score. Now that they can be bred, they will count as rares.
A unicolor rare is not a particularly strong contender. But now, the gemstones are no longer unicolors!
Having a new element added may add some color advantage to offset what was lost on rarity; or may add a color handicap to lower odds even further. (Youch!)
Much will depend upon the particular color strengths and weaknesses of the gemstone element.
Jake?

JakeStorm8
07-22-13, 05:25 PM
Jake, can you tell us which elements are strong/weak against the gemstone element in the Battle Arena?

In all this, the only downside to iOS with significant impact may be in battle.
Forget what type of magic spell your gemstone is now casting. That's all cosmetic anyway. What's negatively impacted is the gemstones' odds of doing critical damage because they will all now receive a lower rarity score.
When gemstones were unbreedable, they enjoyed elevated status in the arena, ranked as super-rares for the purpose of the rarity score. Now that they can be bred, they will count as rares.
A unicolor rare is not a particularly strong contender. But now, the gemstones are no longer unicolors!
Having a new element added may add some color advantage to offset what was lost on rarity; or may add a color handicap to lower odds even further. (Youch!)
Much will depend upon the particular color strengths and weaknesses of the gemstone element.
Jake?

Great questions! As usual I do not reveal the strengths and weaknesses of a new type. Gemstone type is strong against three types and weak against three types, neutral against everything else. Just for fun I will reveal two of the colors it is neutral against (meaning it receives no boost or penalty): yellow and mythic.

jesskiee
07-22-13, 06:56 PM
Where's the habitat increase???

dw9893
07-22-13, 07:02 PM
Where's the habitat increase???

Why would we get one of those :rolleyes:

07-22-13, 07:02 PM
I went ahead and sold a diamond habitat, put a baby diamond in storage,then sold a planet, love, laserlight and mindvolt. Just to buy two of the gemstone homes. Before I saw we were getting an increase. That's fine. I can use it on a Dino home when the increase comes.

noir77
07-22-13, 07:39 PM
No extra den though: /

Now Android players have extra breeding to do, while IOS has the option to craft gemstones completely separately. With so many removals this is a major con.

Dragonilis
07-22-13, 07:41 PM
I'm an android player...

this is the worst idea ever...

why would I want to breed these dragons when they are just as hard to get (if not harder with all the 20hr island fails that we'll be getting) i could breed hunter as easily as I could breed topaz, and now medusa and tigers eye are equals as far as breeding goes...

so 9 more, challenging dragons that android, which is already behind has to waste time on while you continue to expire and add more and more dragons?

i will not ever be breeding ANY gemstones! getting a quarts would be the equivalent of breeding mask!!

the point of crafting is putting to use unwanted fails! this has ruined the whole concept...

kurebiz
07-22-13, 10:00 PM
Jake,

Would TL still be working on giving the T&C buildings to android? As someone said before, 20 hour fails, 9 dragons, and with 2 releases per week, I'm pleased that android can now have access to the gemstone dragons but I'm sure I'm not the only one who'd rather craft it.

HenryLucky1
07-23-13, 12:16 AM
Question again!!!
Does Super rare dragons will increase our chance to get gemstone dragons? Since IOS craft Super rare and got 1 large gemstone, Yeah you know what I mean...

sunkalito
07-23-13, 02:13 AM
First off, thanks for replying, Jake. That's really nice of you. :) as always! I for one am very excited for my android neighbors. So what if the Gemstones are no longer pure? That doesn't affect me at all - I have NO DIAMONDS or diamond hybrids (boooo!!! It's been one year!!) and only one black hybrid (I love you hunter), so no lack of space. I never sold off my pure elements. Not that I don't feel for those players who had to sell them to make room, I totally understand and even envy that. :p
But I guess since crafties were not supposed to be able to breed, this is kind of not so bad. They have to be seen as three-colored dragons now!
All of my neighbors who were maxed out and unable to place their pure-elements types, will hopefully be able to do so as soon as the habitat cap is increased. I do agree we're running out of island space though :p since I can't have diamonds I thoroughly enjoy playing around with decoration now and then...

Great questions! As usual I do not reveal the strengths and weaknesses of a new type. Gemstone type is strong against three types and weak against three types, neutral against everything else. Just for fun I will reveal two of the colors it is neutral against (meaning it receives no boost or penalty): yellow and mythic.

To be honest I NEVER thought there was an actual mechanics behind the Arena! Honestly! My battles always seem to be so random!!

sunkalito
07-23-13, 02:15 AM
Question again!!!
Does Super rare dragons will increase our chance to get gemstone dragons? Since IOS craft Super rare and got 1 large gemstone, Yeah you know what I mean...

That would make sense!

mymummy789
07-23-13, 02:44 AM

that is very good news :)

And btw - I am IOS with all but one gemstone dragon, but I love this update, if only for the fabulous habitat! I have bought one already, and intend to get a second once the habitat raise has been implemented so I can move my gemstone dragons and free up some space in my normal habitats.

heyowomo
07-23-13, 05:24 AM
I just crafted my gemstone and now it is evolving I will start breeding with it soon since I have no gemstone dragon yet.

sand
07-23-13, 07:10 AM

Ah, Jake, you're as elusive as ever. But I had to try.

To be honest I NEVER thought there was an actual mechanics behind the Arena! Honestly! My battles always seem to be so random!!

Oh, yeah, you learn!

(LOL) I'm an arena addict. The combination of the gemstone element with a color element does indeed create some power shifts in battles involving gemmies. I need to go rework my champion lists. Oi!

sand
07-23-13, 07:33 AM
Jake, I should have said this from the very beginning: please pass on some high-fives to the artists!
Gemstone is lovely. The opal gem theme is perfect for a multicolor gem parent; and while the Coral form is no longer all that interesting, it's a logical choice an opal dragon.
The habitat is absolutely beautiful. I don't think I would have chosen a "prairie" for a dragon that looks like it came off a reef but, whatever, it's GORGEOUS! OMG - I may need THREE because my gemmies are gonna all want to move in. Who can blame them?
Speaking of which, where's that habitat increase you said we were getting yesterday? My max is still at 50.

zolemica
07-23-13, 07:51 AM
I know that my dragon isles (Dragon Key) have gotten short shrift. First of all, I only could buy five farms, though it says I have six. I have had to sell or trade beloved dragons to make room for more. Land is outrageously expensive, and too many dragons are as well (though I love them all). Finally, I cannot even purchase a Gemstone Prairie, though I have already bought a Gemstone dragon that now has no place to live. I have spent way too much money though I would willingly spend more were it not for the terrible suspicion that I will always have to sell or trade dragons that I love.

elitaserina
07-23-13, 09:04 AM
great idea..in theory. i mean are they going to be impossible to breed like the night and pink hybrids? and all the other single element dragons for that matter? i'm tired of getting my hopes up for these new dragons and ten not be able to breed them!

sunkalito
07-23-13, 12:55 PM

My Lotus dragon beat gemstone with one bash. :)

sand
07-23-13, 01:16 PM
Jake, I have another question.
Shouldn't the gemstones now have trade value? As strictly crafted dragons, they couldn't be traded. In recent versions of the game, any attempt to trade one gets a pop-up message from Klaus. e.g., "Tuesday is not a hybrid dragon. Only hybrid dragons can pass through the Trading Portal." (Tuesday is my Ruby.)
But now the gemstones ARE hybrids. Since there's no longer a distinction between the crafted ones and bred ones, why can we not trade out an extra Ruby dragon for a small ruby and small sapphire; or an Amethyst dragon for a small amethyst and small sapphire? (I'm assuming the family gem is a sapphire since they all use water magic in the arena.)
Since large gems are required to craft them, there's no way for players to get over by trading back the crafted ones; but we should be able to salvage something from any extra ones we breed. I think one small sapphire plus one small gem for the second element is fair. Also Gemstone (base dragon) should trade for one small sapphire.
Can this be taken into consideration? Please?

kwhales
07-23-13, 01:51 PM

Umm, Jake? Did you forget something yesterday?

sand
07-23-13, 02:02 PM
I'm an android player...

this is the worst idea ever...

why would I want to breed these dragons when they are just as hard to get (if not harder with all the 20hr island fails that we'll be getting) i could breed hunter as easily as I could breed topaz, and now medusa and tigers eye are equals as far as breeding goes...

so 9 more, challenging dragons that android, which is already behind has to waste time on while you continue to expire and add more and more dragons?

i will not ever be breeding ANY gemstones! getting a quarts would be the equivalent of breeding mask!!

the point of crafting is putting to use unwanted fails! this has ruined the whole concept...

I wonder whether you realize that the difficulty of breeding these dragons vs crafting them is probably fairly balanced. Breeding a Quartz may, as you say, be the equivalent of breeding Mask. But crafting a Quartz is for many of us the equivalent of breeding, hatching, evolving then trading 20 pink dragons, 2 Wizards and 2 Fairies. 6 hours for each of those 24 trades, 32 hours to craft the 20 small quartz gems into 2 large ones, 12 hours to craft the Fairies' gems into 2 Spell Scrolls, 20 hours to craft the Wizards' gems into 2 Nether Dust, and 24 hours to put the dragon together. That's 232 hours in ADDITION to the time needed to evolve all those fails before we can trade them. So far, the only extra pink dragons I have to trade have been Virtue - a day and a half to evolve each one. (If you're lucky enough to breed two duplicate super-rare pink hybrids, you won't need 20 pink trades and you can skip the small-gem to large-gem conversion. If you don't get Fairies and Wizards, you will need even more trades to get the gems for the other materials.)
Now we can all try for a Quartz in the time it takes to put 2 dragons in the den. So OF COURSE the odds of hitting this breed are going to be very low, considering what it takes to craft one!
Ruby dragon? Fairly easy. Quartz? Onyx? Say your prayers. Tiger's Eye? Yeah. Dream big.
It is FAIR!
You may choose never to try breeding gemstones, just like many iOS players have chosen not to try crafting them.

JakeStorm8
07-23-13, 02:05 PM
Jake, I have another question.
Shouldn't the gemstones now have trade value? As strictly crafted dragons, they couldn't be traded. In recent versions of the game, any attempt to trade one gets a pop-up message from Klaus. e.g., "Tuesday is not a hybrid dragon. Only hybrid dragons can pass through the Trading Portal." (Tuesday is my Ruby.)
But now the gemstones ARE hybrids. Since there's no longer a distinction between the crafted ones and bred ones, why can we not trade out an extra Ruby dragon for a small ruby and small sapphire; or an Amethyst dragon for a small amethyst and small sapphire? (I'm assuming the family gem is a sapphire since they all use water magic in the arena.)
Since large gems are required to craft them, there's no way for players to get over by trading back the crafted ones; but we should be able to salvage something from any extra ones we breed. I think one small sapphire plus one small gem for the second element is fair. Also Gemstone (base dragon) should trade for one small sapphire.
Can this be taken into consideration? Please?

That's a good catch, thank you. We'll work up some trading details for these new hybrids.

tuskmage
07-23-13, 02:09 PM
That's a good catch, thank you. We'll work up some trading details for these new hybrids.

How about work on HABITAT increase first Jake? :o

NouraMoh
07-23-13, 02:10 PM
Jake,
We are still waiting for that habitat :)

NouraMoh
07-23-13, 02:11 PM
Lol Tusky
We are jumping all over the poor guy :)

teogionia
07-23-13, 02:12 PM
I wonder whether you realize that the difficulty of breeding these dragons vs crafting them is probably fairly balanced. Breeding a Quartz may, as you say, be the equivalent of breeding Mask. But crafting a Quartz is for many of us the equivalent of breeding, hatching, evolving then trading 20 pink dragons, 2 Wizards and 2 Fairies. 6 hours for each of those 24 trades, 32 hours to craft the 20 small quartz gems into 2 large ones, 12 hours to craft the Fairies' gems into 2 Spell Scrolls, 20 hours to craft the Wizards' gems into 2 Nether Dust, and 24 hours to put the dragon together. That's 232 hours in ADDITION to the time needed to evolve all those fails before we can trade them. So far, the only extra pink dragons I have to trade have been Virtue - a day and a half to evolve each one. (If you're lucky enough to breed two duplicate super-rare pink hybrids, you won't need 20 pink trades and you can skip the small-gem to large-gem conversion. If you don't get Fairies and Wizards, you will need even more trades to get the gems for the other materials.)
Now we can all try for a Quartz in the time it takes to put 2 dragons in the den. So OF COURSE the odds of hitting this breed are going to be very low, considering what it takes to craft one!
Ruby dragon? Fairly easy. Quartz? Onyx? Say your prayers. Tiger's Eye? Yeah. Dream big.
It is FAIR!
You may choose never to try breeding gemstones, just like many iOS players have chosen not to try crafting them.

Yeah, IOS here and cant even get one black swan, defenatily not going to breed and evolve 20 virtues

tuskmage
07-23-13, 02:15 PM
Lol Tusky
We are jumping all over the poor guy :)

Lolx But he promised us yesterday Nora :p My Gemstone dragon still homeless today & waiting for that 1 habitat inscrease lolx. Poor Jake & poor Gemstone dragon.

NouraMoh
07-23-13, 02:29 PM
I know sweetie :)
I'm waiting too
I think everybody is Lol

sand
07-23-13, 02:47 PM
I gave 3 dragons and their habitat the heave ho yesterday to start building my first Gemstone Prairie. Three gemmies are prancing around in it, and I thought I'd be more than half-way done with a second one by now.
While I'm waiting for that habitat increase, I'm wondering how many more blue-green eggs I'll have to endure before I see 12 hours for Gemstone dragon. I couldn't take the 36-hour crafty shortcut (LOL) because I have no large sapphire. Super-rare blues are in short supply after all the removals and I'm NOT giving up one of my Leviathan beauties anytime soon.
Maybe I should breed Sapphire-Emerald. When else can I get away with that?

kwhales
07-23-13, 02:50 PM
I gave 3 dragons and their habitat the heave ho yesterday to start building my first Gemstone Prairie. Three gemmies are prancing around in it, and I thought I'd be more than half-way done with a second one by now.
While I'm waiting for that habitat increase, I'm wondering how many more blue-green eggs I'll have to endure before I see 12 hours for Gemstone dragon. I couldn't take the 36-hour crafty shortcut (LOL) because I have no large sapphire. Super-rare blues are in short supply after all the removals and I'm NOT giving up one of my Leviathan beauties anytime soon.

Wait, you can trade Leviathan?

tuskmage
07-23-13, 02:52 PM

Try for another Aether it will give you that large sapplire ;)

JakeStorm8
07-23-13, 02:53 PM
Jake,
We are still waiting for that habitat :)

We're aware, there was an issue on our end that should be resolved shortly. I made them promise me before I promised you but here we are :P

sand
07-23-13, 03:03 PM
Try for another Aether it will give you that large sapplire ;)

Ooooh! Sore spot there.
Oddly enough, I've actually been breeding for Troll/Hunter since Thursday, and figured Gemstone may drop as a fail. Normally, my black breeds drop endless purple-blues (EXCEPT Aether, of course), but I've only seen one (Coral) so far.

sand
07-23-13, 03:12 PM

Heck yeah! I'm not keeping these forever.

sand
07-23-13, 03:19 PM

Ah. You raise a good point which ties in with my earlier question about trading gemstones. It is INDEED possible to trade certain crafted dragons, Leviathan being one example. It fetches a large sapphire, large ruby and mystery box.

Thanks so much, Jake. We look forward to that.

NouraMoh
07-23-13, 04:21 PM
We're aware, there was an issue on our end that should be resolved shortly. I made them promise me before I promised you but here we are :P

Ok I understand
Will be waiting then.
Thank you for answering :)

Lacktone
07-23-13, 05:14 PM
Here's a list of all the dragons who now fall under the gemstone type:

Gemstone Dragon
Ruby Dragon
Emerald Dragon
Topaz Dragon
Sapphire Dragon
Amethyst Dragon
Pearl Dragon
Quartz Dragon
Onyx Dragon
Tiger's Eye Dragon

Wait, does this mean these are the only craft dragons that can be bred? I was looking forward to finally working towards breeding the samurai dragon, as I haven't been able to breed a justice dragon despite trying non stop for a month and a half! It is red and pink right? Been doing fire and virtue, literally every breeding chance I get, so I can do the quest to get the sword to be able to craft.

AzHadz
07-23-13, 05:37 PM
Wait, does this mean these are the only craft dragons that can be bred? I was looking forward to finally working towards breeding the samurai dragon, as I haven't been able to breed a justice dragon despite trying non stop for a month and a half! It is red and pink right? Been doing fire and virtue, literally every breeding chance I get, so I can do the quest to get the sword to be able to craft.

Yes, Samurai, Knight, and Leviathan are still only craftable through completing quests or battles.

candyglam
07-23-13, 07:54 PM
So forgive me if this has already been addressed, but does this mean that I could breed a Topaz dragon, which contains yellow, blue, & green, and a Love dragon, which contains red and light, and obtain a diamond dragon? Or is that outside the realm of possibility? I'm level 100 and still diamond-less, so I'm looking for any new methods!

Dragonilis
07-23-13, 09:23 PM
It is FAIR!
I like your argument, prepare for my counter argument...

as of right now, I think I could achieve crafting a quartz easier than breeding one, just breed my black swan and virtue over and over again, maybe get a naga (love naga, need one of those), virtue, black swan, kitsune duplicates I can trade in. longest fail I get trying to get pink would be light 9 hours, although the 33 hours for virtue would be a dozy since it isn't great for trading. There are only 6 possibility's when breeding pink x pink and only two of them aren't pink. whereas breeding a gemstone dragon with a pure pink would have..

flower
bubble
island
serpent
atlantis
love
lazerlight
life
wild
landworm
athletic
magic
fuzzy
pegasus
winter
pearl
ruby
and finally: quartz

It could potentially take a very long time to breed a quartz. but what about breeding a ruby? I don't think it would be very hard at all crafting one, heck I got two super rare red hybrids I'm willing to chunk. but to breed a ruby you have to contend with..

island
serpent
atlantis
life
wild
landworm
althletic
magic
and finally: ruby

breeding a ruby, would be like breeding any of the following, which to me have much higher value: hunter, bubble, goblin, origami, moon, bat, flower, or kite. because its breeding a hybrid color with a different color (not one of the colors in the hybrid color, like emerald or sapphire, tiny or justice, deep or illusion)

I personally don't think that breeding them is going to be equal to crafting them.

plus with all the new dragons they release every. other. day. its more time wasted trying to catch up.

Dragonilis
07-23-13, 09:32 PM
that was a bigger post than I intended it to be, here, have a potato! *imaginary potato*

dragon1fighter
07-23-13, 10:13 PM
So forgive me if this has already been addressed, but does this mean that I could breed a Topaz dragon, which contains yellow, blue, & green, and a Love dragon, which contains red and light, and obtain a diamond dragon? Or is that outside the realm of possibility? I'm level 100 and still diamond-less, so I'm looking for any new methods!

I think gemstone is it's own color so u can put topaz with island and get diamond so u will have yellow and gemstone from topaz and blue green from island

Oliver118
07-23-13, 10:24 PM
I saw the three triangled gemstone sign when battling a Tiger's Eye dragon. Now he's imperishable. How d'you breed a Gemstone dragon?

Disel8
07-24-13, 01:23 AM
I saw the three triangled gemstone sign when battling a Tiger's Eye dragon. Now he's imperishable. How d'you breed a Gemstone dragon?

Water and forest.

Disel8
07-24-13, 01:37 AM
Can you still get gemstone dragons by breeding gemstone with a hybrid?i.e. Troll.

HenryLucky1
07-24-13, 01:52 AM
I like your argument, prepare for my counter argument...

as of right now, I think I could achieve crafting a quartz easier than breeding one, just breed my black swan and virtue over and over again, maybe get a naga (love naga, need one of those), virtue, black swan, kitsune duplicates I can trade in. longest fail I get trying to get pink would be light 9 hours, although the 33 hours for virtue would be a dozy since it isn't great for trading. There are only 6 possibility's when breeding pink x pink and only two of them aren't pink. whereas breeding a gemstone dragon with a pure pink would have..

flower
bubble
island
serpent
atlantis
love
lazerlight
life
wild
landworm
athletic
magic
fuzzy
pegasus
winter
pearl
ruby
and finally: quartz

It could potentially take a very long time to breed a quartz. but what about breeding a ruby? I don't think it would be very hard at all crafting one, heck I got two super rare red hybrids I'm willing to chunk. but to breed a ruby you have to contend with..

island
serpent
atlantis
life
wild
landworm
althletic
magic
and finally: ruby

breeding a ruby, would be like breeding any of the following, which to me have much higher value: hunter, bubble, goblin, origami, moon, bat, flower, or kite. because its breeding a hybrid color with a different color (not one of the colors in the hybrid color, like emerald or sapphire, tiny or justice, deep or illusion)

I personally don't think that breeding them is going to be equal to crafting them.

plus with all the new dragons they release every. other. day. its more time wasted trying to catch up.

Try for Sapphire and Emerald first then!

Disel8
07-24-13, 01:55 AM
This is a joke, iv breed this gemstone dragon 4 time now and iv got 3 islands,iv spent to much time on this dragon!

sand
07-24-13, 02:50 AM
?.
I'm wondering how many more blue-green eggs I'll have to endure before I see 12 hours for Gemstone dragon. I couldn't take the 36-hour crafty shortcut (LOL) because I have no large sapphire. Super-rare blues are in short supply after all the removals and I'm NOT giving up one of my Leviathan beauties anytime soon.

Hah! It worked like a charm. Sapphire-Emerald: 12 hours!
Now, who knows? Once I've evolved her, Gemstone with a black partner (for Onyx/Amethyst/Sapphire) may give me the elusive Hunter & Troll as fails.
Also, another 20-hour blue-green creation is underway. Not the Island egg; the 2nd Gemstone Prairie!

wayneh23
07-24-13, 02:50 AM
I had a good run yesterday with the gemstone but i have already become bored of the constant island fails, game became boring in 1 day island after island after island.

wayneh23
07-24-13, 02:53 AM
I don't think TL get it if we get a Island fail we leave the game for a whole day, i have no need to check in now for a whole day i have plenty of money and plenty of crops.TV is looking better, get rid of the island fails for the love of the game.

Rainstorms45
07-24-13, 03:10 AM
2 islands in a row.....

sand
07-24-13, 04:12 AM
that was a bigger post than I intended it to be, here, have a potato! *imaginary potato*

Thank you. I wouldn't want to have to quote that mountain of tubers.
You've inadvertently proven MY argument.

For Ruby: Gemstone-Fire parents 10 dragons, 3 of them taking only 3-6 hours, and only 2 taking 20 hours; therefore, relatively painless compared to breeding for other gemstones. You do not have the means to compare what it would take to craft one from scratch, and starting from the position of "two super rare red hybrids I'm willing to chunk" would not make a fair comparison.

For Quartz: Gemstone-Virtue parents 23 dragons
For Mask: Night-Virtue parents 21 dragons
It would be fair to say that BREEDING for Quartz is comparable to breeding for Mask. But again, you can't fairly compare a CRAFTING attempt on the assumption that your BlackSwan-Virtue pairing will give you the super rares you would need to trade. Even though there are 3 super pinks among the short list possible from that pair, they are also the ones a player is least likely to get.

I think you should have a mashed potato and go breed that Quartz if you really want one. Looks like you may get some nice fails along the way (including Pearl!); nicer fails than the Mask list, I think. But why not warm up on a Topaz instead? Gorgeous dragon! Or like Henry suggested, Sapphire or Emerald? Come on, you know you want this.

HenryLucky1
07-24-13, 04:21 AM
2 islands in a row.....

It's normal, if you get 20 Island in a row...Nah, it's not normal

sand
07-24-13, 06:49 AM

You can get a Diamond by pairing Topaz with Love, but not from the colors/reasons you have given. There is no blue and green in that combo for the purpose of Diamond breeding; but you DO have four colors that could work: gemstone, yellow, red and white.
If the gemstone element splits out to blue and green, the split colors will not enter into a Diamond fusion. I'm not sure why this is the case except that Diamond breeding has its own set of peculiarities where compound elements apparently enter the fusion as only one color.
This is the very reason you can get Diamond from Topaz-Love but never from Topaz-Virtue.

hatchlings727
07-24-13, 07:43 AM
sand, any suggestions how to get a stone dragons, i've daves enough $$ for habitat and have been trying to get one foe 3 weeks. Thanx

ganodustin
07-24-13, 07:44 AM
this could a good idea because some gemstone dragons spend too long time and some players have only 1 nest.

ganodustin
07-24-13, 07:49 AM
It's normal, if you get 20 Island in a row...Nah, it's not normal

20 island in a row? XD i would have given up by the 6th try. if i got random blue/green, i would try again.

Dragonilis
07-24-13, 08:16 AM
Thank you. I wouldn't want to have to quote that mountain of tubers.
You've inadvertently proven MY argument.

For Ruby: Gemstone-Fire parents 10 dragons, 3 of them taking only 3-6 hours, and only 2 taking 20 hours; therefore, relatively painless compared to breeding for other gemstones. You do not have the means to compare what it would take to craft one from scratch, and starting from the position of "two super rare red hybrids I'm willing to chunk" would not make a fair comparison.

For Quartz: Gemstone-Virtue parents 23 dragons
For Mask: Night-Virtue parents 21 dragons
It would be fair to say that BREEDING for Quartz is comparable to breeding for Mask. But again, you can't fairly compare a CRAFTING attempt on the assumption that your BlackSwan-Virtue pairing will give you the super rares you would need to trade. Even though there are 3 super pinks among the short list possible from that pair, they are also the ones a player is least likely to get.

I think you should have a mashed potato and go breed that Quartz if you really want one. Looks like you may get some nice fails along the way (including Pearl!); nicer fails than the Mask list, I think. But why not warm up on a Topaz instead? Gorgeous dragon! Or like Henry suggested, Sapphire or Emerald? Come on, you know you want this.

yes, I still have to breed for them, in fact breeding, collecting, and evolving are the only things I can do. whereas IOS users can do more than that. and even though we now can breed the gemstone dragons, we do have to breed for them, when if your crafting them (for ruby, topaz, sapphire, pearl, ?purple gemstone? (don't remember name)) you can still sort of try for different dragons that you're missing, and get rid of duplicates.

it won't be fair until all platforms are equal, and this is just a detraction from that.

I've always liked ruby best, with the two heads, his name would be hydra! or red skull, would that fit?

One_Piece_
07-24-13, 08:30 AM
20 island in a row? XD i would have given up by the 6th try. if i got random blue/green, i would try again.

Because of that I said it's not normal

igames4me
07-24-13, 08:36 AM
im glad they made gemstone craftable but it would have been better if they didn't so like that ios users will know what android is going through with island fails

dracoonic
07-24-13, 09:47 AM
i.will.never.catch.up :( but sure keep the things coming :) just dont cut off the ones you got then I wont be feeling like chasing the devs. ^^

sand
07-24-13, 10:33 AM
yes, I still have to breed for them, in fact breeding, collecting, and evolving are the only things I can do. whereas IOS users can do more than that. and even though we now can breed the gemstone dragons, we do have to breed for them, when if your crafting them (for ruby, topaz, sapphire, pearl, ?purple gemstone? (don't remember name)) you can still sort of try for different dragons that you're missing, and get rid of duplicates.

it won't be fair until all platforms are equal, and this is just a detraction from that.

I've always liked ruby best, with the two heads, his name would be hydra! or red skull, would that fit?

On this we can agree. iOS has the best of both worlds. This is not the ultimate fix; it's probably a band-aid at best, but it's something... for now. I can't adequately express how much I want to see trading & crafting on Android islands. More than that -- ALL the iOS features.

Now toss me another potato and breed the doggone Ruby!

im glad they made gemstone craftable but it would have been better if they didn't so like that ios users will know what android is going through with island fails

iOS players are enduring those fails too; we don't ALL have loads of crafting materials lying around. I for one didn't have the materials to craft even Gemstone, the base dragon.
I look forward to breeding with gemstones for those breeds where I'm willing to risk Island fails or where I'd welcome a gemstone surprise.
Yes, I play on both iOS and Android, but the Islands are getting sold in either case. Only newcomers trade Island dragons. LOL

P.S. I lost count of the Island fails I've seen since Thursday, trying jointly for Troll & Hunter. I finally replaced black with blue this morning and bred Gemstone. I'm just saying...

Disel8
07-24-13, 11:34 AM
Iv breed this gemstone dragon about 10 times now tryin for a couple of different one with no joy! Has ANYONE actually breed a ruby or any of these dragons, cause iv look true the tread and haven't seen one success!

wayneh23
07-24-13, 12:56 PM
Iv breed this gemstone dragon about 10 times now tryin for a couple of different one with no joy! Has ANYONE actually breed a ruby or any of these dragons, cause iv look true the tread and haven't seen one success!

I bred a ruby yesterday quite easy (android) but have had nothing but island fails since then and it has been alot of island fails.

teogionia
07-24-13, 01:30 PM
I would be really happy if Android and kindle users had all IOS features but it is impossible for now! I have never understood why but now do believe that TL wanted badly to give opportunity to The parity and there was no other solution thats why they messed up game on IOS. TL have done a great job making buy only breedable. If any gold types or hummerhead and clockwork suddenly becomes breedable I wont complain about lot of possible fails and how its easier to just win the dragon, I will just say Thank You TL while i will think that its not quite fair because a lot of people spent money on it

sand
07-24-13, 02:51 PM

Gemstone has been out only 2 days. Without speeding, those who crafted it right away needed 36hrs before putting it to nest, then 24hrs to hatch and evolve (assuming temple is available), so it should still be evolving right now. Those who bred it within 12hrs of its release may have it evolved by now. But it's still early.

My Gemstone just finished breeding and I'm about to rush an Island off the nest to make room for it.
Some players who already have crafted gemstones bred Gemstone dragon for collection purpose only and are not looking to breed with it.
Others got discouraged after a couple Island fails, and have moved on.
I don't think a lot of people are throwing much gold at these fails, especially since the gemstones aren't new dragons.

doop01
07-24-13, 03:22 PM
After using too much gold, lots of cursing and a truckload of frustration, I finally put a Troll into the nest last night. Then steeled myself to continue on with the torture of the Islands.....only to get this 2nd try. SWEET RELIEF!!! No more Islands for a while!!! I need a break before I attempt any of the others. LOL maybe I'll move on to easier pickings....like Unicorn...or Helios....before I start to breed for any gemstones. hehe

tuskmage
07-24-13, 09:13 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/GemstoneDragons_zpsb79c02fa.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/GemstoneDragons_zpsb79c02fa.jpg.html)

I never notice how pretty those gemstone dragons are until I put them together on the same habitat. So colorful and eye catching.

07-24-13, 09:28 PM
http://i1275.photobucket.com/albums/y444/Tuskmage/GemstoneDragons_zpsb79c02fa.jpg (http://s1275.photobucket.com/user/Tuskmage/media/GemstoneDragons_zpsb79c02fa.jpg.html)

I never notice how pretty those gemstone dragons are until I put them together on the same habitat. So colorful and eye catching.

Agree. Might have to kick onxy to the night habitat whenever I get Tiger Eye. They really did a good job.

ganodustin
07-24-13, 11:03 PM

say, this is pretty. i have never seen any island this colorful. each of them looks normal, but when they're all together, they look awesome.

1LPme
07-25-13, 01:05 AM
Would be even better if TL could fix the darn game so I can take the time enjoying such amazing island instead of shutting down every few seconds, you know I mean Tusky...

Disel8
07-25-13, 01:13 AM
Gemstone has been out only 2 days. Without speeding, those who crafted it right away needed 36hrs before putting it to nest, then 24hrs to hatch and evolve (assuming temple is available), so it should still be evolving right now. Those who bred it within 12hrs of its release may have it evolved by now. But it's still early.

My Gemstone just finished breeding and I'm about to rush an Island off the nest to make room for it.
Some players who already have crafted gemstones bred Gemstone dragon for collection purpose only and are not looking to breed with it.
Others got discouraged after a couple Island fails, and have moved on.
I don't think a lot of people are throwing much gold at these fails, especially since the gemstones aren't new dragons.

I understand all that but they are new for most android players and I thought there would have been alot more success storys, but your right its early days still.

wayneh23
07-25-13, 01:16 AM
I just keep breeding nothing but common today i think they have borked the game, anyone actually bred anything good today in the last 9 hours.

erto90
07-25-13, 03:25 AM
tried diamond+gemstone and have 1h.. mercury??!?!

doop01
07-25-13, 04:02 AM
tried diamond+gemstone and have 1h.. mercury??!?!
I would say yes! Congrats!!!! :D

erto90
07-25-13, 04:05 AM
Lol, that's luck, tried and retried for mercury for about 1month without luck.. now was trying for some gemstones and BAAM!! Mercury xD

beejk
07-25-13, 06:31 AM
Lol, that's luck, tried and retried for mercury for about 1month without luck.. now was trying for some gemstones and BAAM!! Mercury xD

grats :D gotta love diamond fail breedings right^^ its how i got anubis gold and angel dragon:)

panda13476
07-25-13, 06:44 AM
I've bred it 4 times now, speeding up with gold, and have gotten nothing but Island & Coral...I think the blue/green combo in this Gemstone dragon is going to be a bit of a pain! I've tried it with Pick, Red, Green and Bat so far...

panda13476
07-25-13, 06:45 AM
Sorry, that would be Pink, not Pick!

erto90
07-25-13, 06:50 AM
I think is faster to craft directly this dragon if you are in Ios. Like I did

panda13476
07-25-13, 06:54 AM
Unfortunately, I am an Android user...I was so excited to get the Gemstone, but now I may just go back to trying and failing to get the diamond for another 8 months!

glitterbabies
07-25-13, 07:09 AM
Unfortunately, I am an Android user...I was so excited to get the Gemstone, but now I may just go back to trying and failing to get the diamond for another 8 months!

same here. I've gotten 4 island fails in a row.

Rainstorms45
07-25-13, 08:57 AM
I did water/forest 3 times first 2 were island... and last one I think might be it... I didn't check it but the islan egg need 7 more hours n the breeding 4... or so... and I did it back to back so I'm hoping its the gemstone one. Other then that I don't know what it could be

tasha291
07-25-13, 09:28 AM
So far nothing useful. Bat= fairy, serpent; lotus=fuzzy, poison, serpent; virtue=serpent

pommom123
07-25-13, 09:36 AM
TL.......breeding is part from each parent...not all from one...that is cloning and it is bad!!!! Breeding was hard enough when it was from each parent. This is just crazy and no longer fun.

glitterbabies
07-25-13, 10:33 AM
I just can't believe they give us the gemstone with the lure of getting these formerly unavailable dragons and now all I'm getting are islands. Just got #5 with gem/dream.

I mean seriously what's the point?

krissy5000
07-25-13, 11:42 AM
I just can't believe they give us the gemstone with the lure of getting these formerly unavailable dragons and now all I'm getting are islands. Just got #5 with gem/dream.

lol same here. I can't manage to get the base dragon, and if I eventually get that I suspect it's going to split as often as pink and black and the rest. Why the whole to-do about letting us breed gemstone dragons now if we can't actually breed them?

scarletdragon18
07-25-13, 11:47 AM
Water and forest, 12 hours. It's not hard to get either, I got it on my first try! :D

IcePrince918
07-25-13, 11:48 AM
Water and forest, 12 hours. It's not hard to get either, I got it on my first try! :D

I will try this next, thanks.

mityaj
07-25-13, 12:44 PM

My problem too: I have tried gemstone/dawntree a few times to see if I can get the green crafted dragon. Nothing but islands... I'll pass on the "crafted" for the time being to go after other missing ones. I still hope the Android will get real crafting some day...

krissy5000
07-25-13, 12:53 PM
It's not hard to get either

For you maybe, for others of us not so much. Congrats though. :)

icehousex
07-25-13, 01:10 PM
Just got Gemstone dragon on my android phone...use dawntree and water..
Storm8 ID : icehousex

tuskmage
07-25-13, 01:15 PM
My problem too: I have tried gemstone/dawntree a few times to see if I can get the green crafted dragon. Nothing but islands... I'll pass on the "crafted" for the time being to go after other missing ones. I still hope the Android will get real crafting some day...

To craft a Gemstone dragon, you need.

One large Sapphire gems + one large Emerald gems

The easiest way to get a large Sapphire gems is to try to breed a Aether dragon.

The easiest way to get a large Emerald gems is try to breed a Landworm or a Parakeet dragon.

So think about those failure that will put us through from trying to get an Aether dragon & a Landworm or a Parakeet dragon, before we say crafting a Gemstone dragon is easier than to breed one.

mityaj
07-25-13, 01:28 PM

The easiest way to get a large Sapphire gems is to try to breed a Aether dragon.

The easiest way to get a large Emerald gems is try to breed a Landworm or a Parakeet dragon.

So think about those failure that will put us through from trying to get an Aether dragon & a Landworm or a Parakeet dragon, before we say crafting a Gemstone dragon is easier than to breed one.

Yea, except there is no crafting on Android. I have plenty of spare dragons for gems, but at the moment they are useless without trade and craft shop.

krissy5000
07-25-13, 01:41 PM

I have several super rare and rare spares sitting around taking up space in the hopes that one day I'll get to trade them in. So for me (and I'm sure many others) yeah it would be easier to craft them.

tuskmage
07-25-13, 02:04 PM
I have several super rare and rare spares sitting around taking up space in the hopes that one day I'll get to trade them in. So for me (and I'm sure many others) yeah it would be easier to craft them.

I just putting the easiest to craft Gemstone dragon out for example. For some other gemstone type is not as easy. The Tiger's eye been out for a while & some of the IOS player still doesn't have it yet.

All I'm trying to say here is crafting a Gemstone dragon is equally as hard as to breed one. If you don't have those extra requied super rare dragon laying around.

nbella1414
07-25-13, 02:07 PM
I can't really see myself breeding these unless we get some sweet hybrids. The island fails from everything are just too much. I tried once hoping for TE and Island sucks!!

tuskmage
07-25-13, 02:14 PM
I can't really see myself breeding these unless we get some sweet hybrids. The island fails from everything are just too much. I tried once hoping for TE and Island sucks!!

Tried once only? lolx

You need 2 Black swan or 2 night elf + 2 Parakeet & a wizard to craft it :p

Think about the failure times that you have to put up for those 5 dragons. If you don't already have them.

Rainstorms45
07-25-13, 02:44 PM
I'm on android, and I guess I have patience cause it took me 3 tries, first two were islands but the last is the gemstone. I just used the water and forest guys since they are the only ones I have.

sand
07-25-13, 03:52 PM
I've finally found reason to move my baby Gemstone to the top of my temple list: MERMAID!
Mermaid has returned for a limited run. If you missed out on this blue-green super rare beauty before, gemstone breeding may bring her to your island!
I'm going with Gemstone-Night once that evolution is done, hoping for any/all of the following:

Onyx (no materials to craft ANYTIME soon)
Sapphire (crafted 1)
Amethyst (crafted 1)
Mermaid (limited; never bred)
Troll (never bred)
Hunter (never bred)
Familiar (never bred)

Angelicarose27
07-25-13, 08:38 PM
OK, so how do I breed a gemstone dragon?

wayneh23
07-25-13, 09:58 PM
OK, so how do I breed a gemstone dragon?
Easiest way is forest/water, green/blue

wayneh23
07-25-13, 11:05 PM
Was breeding gemstone/leo trying for tigers eye and a few others got a 21 hr breed thought i had onyx, sped it up to find a poison, how did i get purple in the mix.

nbella1414
07-25-13, 11:16 PM
Tried once only? lolx

Think about the failure times that you have to put up for those 5 dragons. If you don't already have them.

I completely get your point. And maybe if there's more incentive then I'll try breeding gemstone more. As it is I'm only missing a few dragons so its just very tedious to breed for something I already have and get such long fails. I'm only missing 3 small onyx to craft it but black fails are hard to come by. I've bred nonstop for troll since it was released and gotten one Hunter fail. Lol. You have a point but I'm very impatient. :-)

HenryLucky1
07-25-13, 11:17 PM
Was breeding gemstone/leo trying for tigers eye and a few others got a 21 hr breed thought i had onyx, sped it up to find a poison, how did i get purple in the mix.
Leo is Night and Air

HenryLucky1
07-25-13, 11:19 PM
Well, still nothing here.
Trust me, if I can craft it, I'll craft it, don't breed it with 20 hours fails
I can craft more than 1 of this in 1 day, but nothing when try to breed it in 7 days :(

HenryLucky1
07-25-13, 11:22 PM
Tried once only? lolx

But, we don't try for them, most of us (I think) will get those Super rare when we try for another dragons (I got 2 Naga while trying for Kitsune, so....)

Oliver118
07-26-13, 12:25 AM
Only two million? that is no only (no offense). I will never get topaz now

Not bad compared to Cosmic, Mythic and Stone habitat-the problem is that's too expensive for me

Oliver118
07-26-13, 12:29 AM

I'm going to tell you this logically. Now I'm going to show you the colours of the dragons you were using.

Gemstone

Red
Blue
Yellow
Green
Gemstone

Leo

Night
Blue
Purple
Air

HenryLucky1
07-26-13, 12:41 AM
I'm going to tell you this logically. Now I'm going to show you the colours of the dragons you were using.

Gemstone

Blu
Green
Gemstone

Leo

Night
Blue
Purple
Air

Corrected ;)

Angelicarose27
07-26-13, 10:09 AM
Really? Its that easy? What about rainbow, wizard, and familiar dragons? Want to be my neighbor I'm Angelicarose27 I give gold daily

alyssafriends
07-26-13, 02:17 PM
First, the new habitat is awesome! Best one yet.

Now...we have 10 gemstone dragons so I need 4 habitats with two open slots. Are you releasing two more hybrids like tiger eye to fill those slots? That would be much better than most of the new dragons lately. Ok, I like troll, just haven't got it yet.

krissy5000
07-26-13, 02:29 PM
Still no Gemstone. Got Mermaid, which was nice, but now have another Island on the den. I mean honestly... :(

midwesternmind
07-26-13, 05:03 PM
So....are diamond gemstone? Have tried 18x level 10 justice/ winter and Nada...

duff1
07-26-13, 05:59 PM
Did u guys notice? New dragon and limited dragon are relate to each other! Example: gemstone dragon (island dragon madness) now mermaid back (island madness again) both are 12 hour!!

sand
07-27-13, 12:58 AM
I've finally found reason to move my baby Gemstone to the top of my temple list: MERMAID!
Mermaid has returned for a limited run. If you missed out on this blue-green super rare beauty before, gemstone breeding may bring her to your island!
I'm going with Gemstone-Night once that evolution is done, hoping for any/all of the following:

Onyx (no materials to craft ANYTIME soon)
Sapphire (crafted 1)
Amethyst (crafted 1)
Mermaid (limited; never bred)
Troll (never bred)
Hunter (never bred)
Familiar (never bred)

Did u guys notice? New dragon and limited dragon are relate to each other! Example: gemstone dragon (island dragon madness) now mermaid back (island madness again) both are 12 hour!!

Yes, dear. I suspect they brought her back to sweeten the gemstone breeding pot against Island dragon bitterness.

So with my den available before Gemstone could evolve, I tried:
Emerald-Night (for Onyx, Troll, Hunter, Familiar, extra Sapphire, extra Amethyst): Poison FAIL!
On to the Mermaid mix:
Gemstone-Night (for Onyx, Mermaid, Familiar, extra Sapphire, extra Amethyst): Poison FAIL!
What's worse than Island fails? Poison Fails! I'm not liking these odds with the clock running down again on Mermaid, so:
Sapphire-Quetzal (for Mermaid, extra Sapphire, extra Emerald, extra Mercury: Mermaid! SUCCESS! M E R M A I D ! No more Mermaid tears. She's finally mine.
So nice, I had to do it twice; but now I'm looking at 20hrs. Island? Sapphire? ...

Disel8
07-28-13, 02:21 AM
Day 5 of breeding the Gemstone Dragon with various different colours and I'm Still waiting for my frist gemstone type.
Has ANYONE had any success yet as I still haven't read of one either. (Android)

nikitarolle3
07-28-13, 06:33 AM
Day 5 of breeding the Gemstone Dragon with various different colours and I'm Still waiting for my frist gemstone type.

Not at all...However, I am getting many Island..Poison...Bubble...Pegasus Wizard and all other 20+++ hour fails..I have made up in my mind NOT to waste anymore GOLD because this is just ridiculous and pointless breeding these gemstones!

glitterbabies
07-28-13, 07:15 AM

no success at all. I've gotten multiple island and then moved on to getting serpent....now I have a 14 hr in which I suspect will be a mist.

It's very frustrating and annoying.

sand
07-28-13, 07:52 AM
Not at all...However, I am getting many Island..Poison...Bubble...Pegasus Wizard and all other 20+++ hour fails..I have made up in my mind NOT to waste anymore GOLD because this is just ridiculous and pointless breeding these gemstones!

Heck, I'd be glad for a Pegasus or Bubble.

I'm determined to resume my Gemstone-Night experiments, but other matters are more pressing. Dragons that may be retired soon. Dragons I need for those final rounds of the Ethereal tournament, if it ever returns.
So my gemstone breeding will have to wait until I've bred Angel and/or Unicorn; or have won that tournament - whichever comes first. And if another of my missing dragons is given a retirement package or temporary return visit, gemstone breeding may have to wait for that too.

kurebiz
07-28-13, 11:12 AM

I know of some who have a few gemstone dragons already.. (android)

pommom123
07-28-13, 12:04 PM
Island and Poison. Ugh. I give up on the Gemstone dragon....I can't take any more Island fails!!! TL...please fix the breeding...both elements shouldn't' t come from one parent....red and gemstone should never end in an Island fail. Are you trying to lose players?

Nessa_V
07-28-13, 12:08 PM
I'm on Android and I have a few gemstone hybrids, yes.

Got Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Amethyst quite easy and quick, than reached for Pearl with no luck, so decided to give it a break.

sand
07-28-13, 12:18 PM
Island and Poison. Ugh. I give up on the Gemstone dragon....I can't take any more Island fails!!! TL...please fix the breeding...both elements shouldn't' t come from one parent....red and gemstone should never end in an Island fail. Are you trying to lose players?

So when we put Diamond in the den with a unicolor, we should get diamond hybrids every time? Come on, now.
Besides, what if Gemstone's blue combined with red to give you Magic instead? Same 20 hours as Island. Would you feel any better?

Cutbow
07-28-13, 12:18 PM

Sapphire from Night x Gemstone
Pearl from Unicorn x Gs
Tiger's Eye from Bat x Gs

and Troll (nice fail!) from Hunter x Gs

pommom123
07-28-13, 01:05 PM
So when we put Diamond in the den with a unicolor, we should get diamond hybrids every time? Come on, now.
Besides, what if Gemstone's blue combined with red to give you Magic instead? Same 20 hours as Island. Would you feel any better?
At least Magic would make sense. Diamond is four colors plus diamond so you could get red and red etc..not a hybrid every time.

ltavon922
07-28-13, 02:22 PM

I'm on Android and bought Rainbow cuz it was cheaper than the amt of gold I used failing to breed it. Buying Rainbo was my best purchase b/c I bred both Ruby & Emerald back to back. I used Epic Fire & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Ruby. I used Epic Forest & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Emerald. The next day I believe I used either Bat or Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Sapphire. Yesterday I also used Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Hunter. I may have used Bat versus Night Elf but I was trying for Tiger's Eye when I surprisingly got Hunter as a fail.

I will suggest using Bat & Gemstone to help u get great fails. I always put Gemstone 2nd when breeding. For some strange reason it produces better results than when putting it 1st. I hope this helps some discouraged Android users. I was skeptical at 1st after the many Island fails but after I figured out putting Gemstone 2nd when breeding it's been well worth the aggravation.

I only need 14 of the existing dragons. I have 135 so far. I thank TL for creating Rainbow or I wouldn't have the opportunity like IOS users to obtain those beautiful gemstone dragons with better fails than normal breeding seems to allow.

Good luck everyone !!! We Androids just need more options like battling. Or I guess I'll continue to stay ahead of the breeding curve.

sand
07-28-13, 03:28 PM
At least Magic would make sense. Diamond is four colors plus diamond so you could get red and red etc..not a hybrid every time.

Island makes sense too, if you're attuned to the right sense. ;)

What you say about Diamond is far from true. Diamond is a SINGLE PURE element that doesn't split. If it were four colors, then pairing Diamond with Fire could produce 4 or 5 different families of red hybrids! But Diamond-Fire can in fact only produce two dragons - either Fire or Crusader.

There's logic in all the breeding rules. It just isn't always apparent to every player. Also, since the rules differ from one group of dragons to another, it can be a daunting task to keep track. :confused:

sand
07-28-13, 03:43 PM
I'm on Android and bought Rainbow cuz it was cheaper than the amt of gold I used failing to breed it. Buying Rainbo was my best purchase b/c I bred both Ruby & Emerald back to back. I used Epic Fire & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Ruby. I used Epic Forest & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Emerald. The next day I believe I used either Bat or Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Sapphire. Yesterday I also used Night Elf lvl 9 & Gemstone lvl 8 to get Hunter. I may have used Bat versus Night Elf but I was trying for Tiger's Eye when I surprisingly got Hunter as a fail.

I will suggest using Bat & Gemstone to help u get great fails. I always put Gemstone 2nd when breeding. For some strange reason it produces better results than when putting it 1st. I hope this helps some discouraged Android users. I was skeptical at 1st after the many Island fails but after I figured out putting Gemstone 2nd when breeding it's been well worth the aggravation.

I only need 14 of the existing dragons. I have 135 so far. I thank TL for creating Rainbow or I wouldn't have the opportunity like IOS users to obtain those beautiful gemstone dragons with better fails than normal breeding seems to allow.

Good luck everyone !!! We Androids just need more options like battling. Or I guess I'll continue to stay ahead of the breeding curve.

Huh?
What does Rainbow have to do with using Gemstone to breed gemstones or other hybrids?

The Rainbow thing aside, I'm so glad to hear of your success so far with breeding these dragons. (I wish I had a Bat.) I'm hearing so much doom and gloom on this thread, it's enough to discourage any player - iOS or Android - from even trying. You are being creative and experimental with the breedings and you're clearly having a good time! High five!

kwhales
07-28-13, 04:19 PM
Huh?
What does Rainbow have to do with using Gemstone to breed gemstones or other hybrids?

The Rainbow thing aside, I'm so glad to hear of your success so far with breeding these dragons. (I wish I had a Bat.) I'm hearing so much doom and gloom on this thread, it's enough to discourage any player - iOS or Android - from even trying. You are being creative and experimental with the breedings and you're clearly having a good time! High five!

I think she meant she bought the gemstone dragon. But maybe not.

beejk
07-29-13, 02:22 AM
I'm on Android and I have a few gemstone hybrids, yes.

Got Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald and Amethyst quite easy and quick, than reached for Pearl with no luck, so decided to give it a break.

That is nice i have been trying nonstop for gemstone dragon since its breedable . my first fail was atlantis but after that : island island after island it just doesnt stop.
i can only imagine the horror while trying for other gemstone dragons:S

hamadrys
07-29-13, 04:40 AM
So far : Island, Island, Island, Coral, Island. In 4 days :eek:

Disel8
07-29-13, 05:28 AM

Congrats! That was some run of Luck.

heyowomo
07-29-13, 05:30 AM
I just got 20 hours with gemstone and island I hope it is sapphire and not island :( most likely it is island D:

krissy5000
07-29-13, 06:39 AM
Ok so it's been a week right? After a week of non-stop blue-green attempts, I've had several Serpents, countless Islands, even a Mermaid (super-rare!). No (rare) Gemstone. So I'm gonna call it a day. TL I do appreciate the sentiment of letting us get Gemstone dragons, but the execution leaves much to be desired. Why make such a big deal about giving us these, then make the base dragon as hard to breed as a diamond? If you're letting us breed gemstone dragons let us breed them.

Could you not have given us the option of buying the base dragon for coins? Several million coins even. Android players have nothing to do but breed dragons and collect coins so high-level players have millions and millions of coins and nothing to do with them. Please, just lower the difficulty a bit.

Nessa_V
07-29-13, 10:01 AM
That is nice i have been trying nonstop for gemstone dragon since its breedable . my first fail was atlantis but after that : island island after island it just doesnt stop.
i can only imagine the horror while trying for other gemstone dragons:S

I really hope you get it soon. While trying for mermaid I even had a few gemstone fails. One I kept, the others I had to sell, wish there was a "Gift"-function for dragons. :(

Disel8
07-29-13, 10:42 AM
I breed gemstone with fire and got 12 hours, so was thinking another gemstone fail but on my nest is a Ruby egg.Have the times changed for gemstone dragons? So happy my frist gemstone Dragon!

sand
07-29-13, 12:32 PM
I breed gemstone with fire and got 12 hours, so was thinking another gemstone fail but on my nest is a Ruby egg.Have the times changed for gemstone dragons? So happy my frist gemstone Dragon!

Congratulations on your Ruby!

Breeding times are different from crafting times.
Here are the breeding and crafting methods for all 10 of the gemstone-type dragons:

Gemstone: breed blue-green (12hrs); craft with 1 large sapphire & 1 large emerald (36hrs).
Ruby: breed gemstone-red (12hrs); craft with 2 large rubies & 6 Spell Scrolls (16hrs)
Emerald: breed gemstone-green (8hrs); craft with 2 large emeralds & 3 Spell Scrolls (8hrs)
Topaz: breed gemstone-yellow (24hrs); craft with 2 large topaz, 2 Nether Dust & 1 Spell Scroll (20hrs)
Sapphire: breed gemstone-blue (20hrs); craft with 2 large sapphires, 3 Nether Dust & 1 Spell Scroll (24hrs)
Amethyst: breed gemstone-purple (16hrs); craft with 2 large amethysts, 3 Nether Dust & 1 Spell Scroll (24hrs)
Pearl: breed gemstone-white (18hrs); craft with 2 large pearls, 1 Nether Dust & 3 Spell Scrolls (24hrs)
Quartz: breed gemstone-pink (22hrs); craft with 2 large quartz, 2 Nether Dust & 2 Spell Scrolls (24hrs)
Onyx: breed gemstone-black (21hrs); craft with 2 large onyx, 2 Nether Dust & 3 Spell Scrolls (24hrs)
Tiger's Eye: breed gemstone-black-yellow (14hrs); craft with 2 large onyx, 2 large topaz & 2 Nether Dust (36hrs)

Disel8
07-29-13, 01:26 PM
Congratulations on your Ruby!

Breeding times are different from crafting times.
Here are the breeding and crafting methods for all 10 of the gemstone-type dragons:

Gemstone: breed blue-green (12hrs); craft with 1 large sapphire & 1 large emerald (36hrs).
Ruby: breed gemstone-red (12hrs); craft with 2 large rubies & 6 Spell Scrolls (16hrs)
Emerald: breed gemstone-green (8hrs); craft with 2 large emeralds & 3 Spell Scrolls (8hrs)
Topaz: breed gemstone-yellow (24hrs); craft with 2 large topaz, 2 Nether Dust & 1 Spell Scroll (20hrs)
Sapphire: breed gemstone-blue (20hrs); craft with 2 large sapphires, 3 Nether Dust & 1 Spell Scroll (24hrs)
Amethyst: breed gemstone-purple (16hrs); craft with 2 large amethysts, 3 Nether Dust & 1 Spell Scroll (24hrs)
Pearl: breed gemstone-white (18hrs); craft with 2 large pearls, 1 Nether Dust & 3 Spell Scrolls (24hrs)
Quartz: breed gemstone-pink (22hrs); craft with 2 large quartz, 2 Nether Dust & 2 Spell Scrolls (24hrs)
Onyx: breed gemstone-black (21hrs); craft with 2 large onyx, 2 Nether Dust & 3 Spell Scrolls (24hrs)
Tiger's Eye: breed gemstone-black-yellow (14hrs); craft with 2 large onyx, 2 large topaz & 2 Nether Dust (36hrs)

Cheers sand that really helpful!

Disel8
07-29-13, 01:28 PM
Can you get Tigers eye with Leo Dragon?

kwhales
07-29-13, 03:02 PM
Can you get Tigers eye with Leo Dragon?

As long as gemstone is the other dragons, you should be able to.

amicacordis
07-29-13, 03:09 PM
In theory you can get Tigers Eye using Leo Dragon. But in my experience Leo tends to split all the time. My results:

1) Leo and Gemstone (15 times): Fairies, Fruitfuls, Parakeets, Mists and lots of Islands, Serpents and Mermaids. NO NIGHT HYBRIDS.
2) Bat and Gemstone( 15 times): Islands, Mermaids, Mists, 1 Bat, 2 Trolls and 1 Hunter.

I got all gemstone dragons during the weekend, using gold to speed up, but I was not able to get Tiger Eye :(

nbella1414
07-29-13, 05:08 PM
Has anyone managed to breed TE yet?

staylor2013
07-30-13, 12:02 AM
The only dragon I have close to any gemstone is DIAMOND, can someone phrase tell me how I can get the others without having to but them with gold? I also have the rainbow dragon. Please help me.

staylor2013
07-30-13, 12:03 AM
The only dragon I have close to any gemstone is DIAMOND, can someone phrase tell me how I can get the others without having to but them with gold? I also have the rainbow dragon. Please help me.
Where I said can someone phrase tell me, it's suppose to be, please tell me.

cedkugedchgd
07-30-13, 12:08 AM

i just visited you and see that you're playing on android. now you should be able to see a dragon called "Gemstone Dragon" in the market. the "Gemstone Dragon" makes a completely new element for the game. as soon as you breed or even buy that one, you'll be able to breed gemstone dragonS like ruby, topaz, sapphire, emerald and so on...

now the question is: how do i breed THE gemstone dragon? to breed it you need 2 elements: forest (green) and water (blue). when you breed these two elements you'll have a rare chance to breed the gemstone dragon. it's 12 hours but don't mix it up with mermaid! so as soon as you got the gemstone dragon you have the opportunity to breed all the other gemstones. how? if you want ruby: breed gemstone x fire. if you want emerald: breed gemstone x forest. if you want topaz: breed gemstone x air. if you want sapphire: breed gemstone x water. if you want amethyst: breed gemstone x magic. understand? :D ok i think i could've said this in a shorter way, but whatever.

staylor2013
07-30-13, 12:50 AM

I'm not sure if any of the dragons I have can help me get any of the gemstone dragons or not (meaning quartz, ruby, sapphire, etc) but here is a list of all the dragons I have so far & when I breed any of them, I always end up with the same one.

I have so far:
FRUITFUL, FAIRY, FOREST, PARAKEET, TRICKSTER, HONEYBEE, WATER, WIZARD, ICE CREAM, EAGLE, FIRE, TUSKER, DAWNTREE, LIGHT, FUZZY, SUNRISE, WINTER, PEGASUS, LEOPARD, NAGA, JUSTICE, BLACK SWAN, CORAL, GENIE, MINDVOLT, FIRESTORM, DIAMOND,, RAINBOW, LUCK, MAGIC, LIFE, WILD, AIR, NIGHT, FOUR LEAF, ISLAND, MIST, FOREST FIRE, LOVE, CRUSADER, CHARM, ATHLETIC, LASER LIGHT, ELF, POISON & VIRTUE.
If any of these can help me get any of the gemstone dragons, please let me know& please post the combos, thank you

picklylily
07-30-13, 01:01 AM
I'm not sure if any of the dragons I have can help me get any of the gemstone dragons or not (meaning quartz, ruby, sapphire, etc) but here is a list of all the dragons I have so far & when I breed any of them, I always end up with the same one.

I have so far:
FRUITFUL, FAIRY, FOREST, PARAKEET, TRICKSTER, HONEYBEE, WATER, WIZARD, ICE CREAM, EAGLE, FIRE, TUSKER, DAWNTREE, LIGHT, FUZZY, SUNRISE, WINTER, PEGASUS, LEOPARD, NAGA, JUSTICE, BLACK SWAN, CORAL, GENIE, MINDVOLT, FIRESTORM, DIAMOND,, RAINBOW, LUCK, MAGIC, LIFE, WILD, AIR, NIGHT, FOUR LEAF, ISLAND, MIST, FOREST FIRE, LOVE, CRUSADER, CHARM, ATHLETIC, LASER LIGHT, ELF, POISON & VIRTUE.
If any of these can help me get any of the gemstone dragons, please let me know& please post the combos, thank you

You need to breed Water and Forest to get the Gemstone dragon, first. :3
Ced explained above. ;)

nikitarolle3
07-30-13, 08:19 AM

Finally got amethyst and tigers eye using bat and gemstone (android)...countless island fails tho. Im gonna take a break then try for emerald,sapphire and the ruby.

realpokemonisland
07-30-13, 09:38 AM
For Androidusers:

I've got already:

staylor2013
07-30-13, 02:30 PM
Thank you ced, you gave me a lot of info. I just put forest & water in the breeding den & got a 20 hour wait, unfortunately it's another island, but that's ok too cause it will give me the extra time to get the money to buy the habitat.

And thank you to to you also pickly & relational for your help also.

glitterbabies
07-30-13, 04:01 PM
I just got my first gemstone dragon!!! emerald!!

ltavon922
07-31-13, 10:58 AM
Huh?

So sorry. I meant I bought Gemstone becauseit's one of the cheaper dragons. Buying Gemstone was a great purchase. Along with breeding Sapphire, Emerald, Ruby & Hunter I also bred Pearl & Topaz a few days ago using Gemstone. Thanks for all your help & support.

beejk
08-01-13, 04:43 AM
I am done with the gemstone dragon, cant see anyother island fail. Gemstonedragon appears to be ultra rare on my island.

katiejosie
08-01-13, 04:48 AM
I know the base is blue and green, but getting a winter dragon from breeding Ruby and Virtue is frustrating and ridiculous

aussiejules
08-01-13, 04:54 AM
nearlly got the set need

Pearl Dragon
Quartz Dragon
Onyx Dragon
Tiger's Eye Dragon

still grrrrrrr

staylor2013
08-01-13, 05:27 AM
Can someone tell me the combo for BAT please? Thanks

glitterbabies
08-01-13, 08:39 AM
For Androidusers:

I've got already:

with the exception of your dawntree those are all diamond hybrids - which doesn't help those of us who don't even have a diamond yet LOL

midwesternmind
08-01-13, 07:23 PM
Got it on the "extra" phone , but have the 23rd island / serpent on main phone accounr

Saieen
08-02-13, 05:09 AM
Not sure if someone mentioned this, but If any of you are having trouble breeding a gemstone dragon, I would try crafting it. It was so much easier for me. Just keep all those island fails and trade it in for gems. It only requires 1 large blue gem and one large green gem. I had mine already available in my spell shop and didn't even know it. Was like, geez, and I was about to spend all that time trying to breed this dragon. It might save some of the frustration that some of you are experiencing :o

CrystalDavid852
08-02-13, 05:40 AM
Yyyyyaaaaayyyyy! :D

glitterbabies
08-02-13, 07:06 AM
I am SO sick of the island fails that come with this gemstone dragon. It completely ignores the other parent, regardless of what it is, and gives me an island. SO annoying.

glitterbabies
08-02-13, 07:07 AM
okay...my bad....lol that last 20 hr breed was a saphire!!

krissy5000
08-02-13, 08:46 AM
Not sure if someone mentioned this, but If any of you are having trouble breeding a gemstone dragon, I would try crafting it. It was so much easier for me. Just keep all those island fails and trade it in for gems. It only requires 1 large blue gem and one large green gem. I had mine already available in my spell shop and didn't even know it. Was like, geez, and I was about to spend all that time trying to breed this dragon. It might save some of the frustration that some of you are experiencing :o

The people complaining about breeding it are on Android and don't have that option.

staylor2013
08-02-13, 09:09 AM
I was finally able to get Gemstone on the 2nd try using Water & Forest. Took me almost 3 days to save up the $2,000,000 to buy the habitat, I just put it up abt 20 mins ago. The bad thing is the Gemstone Egg is ready but the habitat isn't & won't be until around 8am tomorrow morning. I have 10 gold, but that isn't enough to finish it :( plus I have another egg that is ready to go into the nest.
I'll post a pic of the gemstone egg in a couple of .

staylor2013
08-02-13, 09:18 AM
Here is a pic of my gemstone egg, I hope it shows up.

Disel8
08-02-13, 09:57 AM
Here is a pic of my gemstone egg, I hope it shows up.

Well Done!

staylor2013
08-02-13, 10:03 AM
Well Done!

Thanks, .now I have the long 20 hr wait for the habitat. The egg had been ready since around 6 pm yesterday but I didn't have the money to buy the habitat until abt an hour or so ago. I now have 11 good so that will cut the wait down to hopefully until around 11 pm to midnight tonight, but I doubt if I'll be up that late. LOL hopefully some of my 179 neighbors will be generous enough to give me some

staylor2013
08-02-13, 10:04 AM
Thanks, .now I have the long 20 hr wait for the habitat. The egg had been ready since around 6 pm yesterday but I didn't have the money to buy the habitat until abt an hour or so ago. I now have 11 good so that will cut the wait down to hopefully until around 11 pm to midnight tonight, but I doubt if I'll be up that late. LOL hopefully some of my 179 neighbors will be generous enough to give me some

Oops was suppose to 11 gold not good

anurulz
08-02-13, 01:28 PM
got 2 gemstone dragons while trying for mermaid..one with forest + athlete and one with forest + water..

staylor2013
08-02-13, 06:59 PM
I was able to get the Gemstone Habitat finished early thanks to the neighbors who sent me gold. Finally got my gemstone out of the best, got him fed & now he is in the Evolution Temple. Going to try for mermaid while he is in there, hopefully TL hadn't taken her away yet. Wish me luck.

staylor2013
08-02-13, 07:00 PM
I was able to get the Gemstone Habitat finished early thanks to the neighbors who sent me gold. Finally got my gemstone out of the best, got him fed & now he is in the Evolution Temple. Going to try for mermaid while he is in there, hopefully TL hadn't taken her away yet. Wish me luck.
Fixing a boo boo best is suppose to be nest, sorry for the type-o.

Disel8
08-02-13, 10:17 PM
Mermaid no longer available so dont waste you time, Good luck.

MariaVamp
08-05-13, 01:53 AM
I don't think this dragon helps much, when the chances look like when u get diamond hybrid

123cheri
08-06-13, 06:59 AM
After over a week of trying, I finally bred the Ruby dragon. I was so used to selling off my eggs that I accidentally just sold my Ruby dragon.

godofsparkle
08-06-13, 07:53 AM
After over a week of trying, I finally bred the Ruby dragon. I was so used to selling off my eggs that I accidentally just sold my Ruby dragon.

OMG ! I'm really sorry to hear that, You should email Team Lava and give them your story...who knows if they're in the good mood and willing to give your ruby's egg back.

shinava
08-06-13, 02:16 PM
I am SO sick of the island fails that come with this gemstone dragon. It completely ignores the other parent, regardless of what it is, and gives me an island. SO annoying.
me too! I still can't even get a fairytale. but I got he social dragon ( super rare right? do not think so. i got it on the second try. but can't get rare fairytale after dozens of trys

staylor2013
08-08-13, 03:37 AM
Finally got Ruby, after getting the same ones I already had a few times but she was worth the wait. Now gonna try for Emerald, curious to see how many tries it takes to get her LOL. But I'm still like some of the others, I can't get Fairytale to save my own tail. LOL. Anyone have any good combos I/we can try?

staylor2013
08-08-13, 03:38 AM
me too! I still can't even get a fairytale. but I got he social dragon ( super rare right? do not think so. i got it on the second try. but can't get rare fairytale after dozens of trys

What combo did you use to get Social?

glitterbabies
08-08-13, 01:23 PM
I've just learned to be patient with this dragon - I have Ruby, Emerald, Saphire and Amethyist now. I'll just keep trying for Onyx, pearl and tiger eye

beaglefamily
08-09-13, 03:44 AM
What combo did you use to get Social?

yellow & blue

cosmoqueen
08-09-13, 10:06 AM
I breed my gemstone dragon on my first try with and fairy level 4 http://s6.postimg.org/4c7wt2j8d/dragon_story_2013_08_09_11_34_19.jpg (http://postimg.org/image/4c7wt2j8d/)

lena2008aaaa
08-09-13, 01:03 PM
Breed gemstone with fire and got 17th Ruby egg. So happy my frist gemstone Dragon! SUPER!

jetli333
08-09-13, 10:19 PM
Got my Gemstone dragon using Atlantis + Water