PDA

View Full Version : speeding with gold

rpzoo13
07-22-13, 11:31 AM
A relatively newbie here - been playing for a month or so, and trying to figure out the more advanced issues.... So I read that some people speed the breeding or hatching using gold. Besides saving time, is there an advantage? Are you more likely to get a rare dragon if you speed breading or hatching? And which one? Thanks for the help

danni7788
07-22-13, 11:33 AM
there is no advantage, just impatience on our part :)

lollipop_rp
07-22-13, 11:38 AM
Yeah, you can tell what egg you got by looking at the egg chart and matching your time and elements. Then, you know wha you got. Gold has no connection with luck or advantages

glitterbabies
07-22-13, 12:22 PM
A relatively newbie here - been playing for a month or so, and trying to figure out the more advanced issues.... So I read that some people speed the breeding or hatching using gold. Besides saving time, is there an advantage? Are you more likely to get a rare dragon if you speed breading or hatching? And which one? Thanks for the help

been playing since March.....used to speed up a lot. spent more money than I care to think about doing that. There is no advantage at all to speeing up. The dragon you'll get is set from the moment you put the parents in the nest. waiting it out or speeding it up will not change the outcome.

I no longer speed up fully. I will sometimes let it run 1/2 or 3/4 of the way through if it's a really long time and then speed up but I've gotten better at waiting them out.

ShadowDragon136
07-22-13, 12:58 PM
If a dragon is limited and will expire soon I'll speed up to have more chances of getting it, but beyond that I try to save my gold :) If you don't have a 2nd nest yet I STRONGLY recommend saving up 250 for it.

rpzoo13
07-22-13, 02:08 PM
If a dragon is limited and will expire soon I'll speed up to have more chances of getting it, but beyond that I try to save my gold :) If you don't have a 2nd nest yet I STRONGLY recommend saving up 250 for it.

I got the second nest already - agreed - very good use!
So what do you think is the best use of gold?

ganodustin
07-22-13, 08:45 PM
i personally think speeding up does have advantage. i've been using mythic/diamond so many times. i got so many fire/air hybrids and an atlas too. that one day when i saved about 105 golds, i decided to try again. i got a fire dragon which made me spend gold to speed up the previous egg and continuously speeding up. the last time i speeded up (4golds is left), i saw helios egg in the nest. i did spend quite many golds, but it's worth it.

danni7788
07-23-13, 06:31 AM
I got the second nest already - agreed - very good use!
So what do you think is the best use of gold?

In my opinion, the best use of gold is:

1. on a second nest- looks like you got that covered
2. speed breeding when dragons become limited - I try to save gold as much as possible that way when dragons become limited I can speed up my fails and try to get the dragon in time before it goes away
3. speeding up long breeding fails when they are almost done - For example, getting a 33 hour virtue fail or 32 hour titan fail... I'll usually wait out a day or so and then speed up the last 5 gold

Some people will say best use is saving for a third nest, and they are probably right, but 500 gold is a lot and I've never saved that much. I prefer to speed up fails when they have a few hours left, especially if the egg on the nest is already done or vice versa