PDA

View Full Version : Why are larger farms less efficient?

Malachi_XX
07-19-13, 06:16 PM
I love this game. It has good graphics, an interesting story and the mechanics work well. The only problem I have is that you need to feed your dragons to evolve them and food is the bottleneck. So far, Buffbeets seem to be the most efficient food source. Everything above them, Fireapples, etc... cost more and take more time to produce than they are worth.

As the game is set now, the only reason to upgrade a small farm is to remove the required quests. I thought that a larger farm would allow more than one crop or would be faster than a small farm. Wrong in both cases; even on a large farm you still can only grow a single batch of anything and they grow just as slowly as on a small farm.

Food Cost Time Cost per Food Value

Impruberries 6 30 30s 5sil/food

Buffbeets 20 120 180s 6sil/food

Fireapples 50 650 3600s 13sil/food

Pumpwings 225 3200 18000s 14sil/food

Scalypears 700 13000 72000s 19sil/food

As you can see, the best buy for time is buffbeets. In 9 minutes you can outproduce a batch of fireapples at just over half the cost. In 33 minutes of constant growing you outproduce pumpwings at a cost of only 1350 sil.

So why is this the case?

altheamae64
07-28-13, 05:53 PM
Very good question but I doubt you'll get an answer. They're busy ignoring a few acres of email :mad:

Dragonilis
07-28-13, 06:58 PM
I don't know! its so annoying since the food rates are terrible and the amount of food you have to feed dragons just goes higher and higher! luckily the enchanted farm makes more food per min than the apples/pumps/leeks/pears, but it cost wayyy too much... to plant upgrapes (10 min/100food/8,000silver) for a straight five hours (all six farms) costs you around 1.5 million silver! and it only makes about 18,000 food in that whole time. which isn't even close to enough to get some of these crazy expensive new dragons to epic!