PDA

View Full Version : Confirmation box

rosieposy6912
07-18-13, 09:12 PM
As I read through different forums, I realize that maybe 10% of the problems are because there is no confirmation button. It would be helpful for a lot of people. I spent like 30 gems for coins, when I didn't mean to. Sometimes you accidentally tap on a slot only to find that you spent your gems! People need something like this, because accidents do happen. And, gems cost real money. Why to see your money go to waste! :)

MiaBistro4
07-21-13, 08:54 PM
I agree, please add confirmation buttons!

hollyb1977
07-31-13, 10:36 PM
I also agree!!! Why don't they have one already???

serraoroxanne
08-04-13, 11:57 AM
They don't have one and won't give one because they make money on them people! We mess up! Want it? Buy more gems! My opinion only!

rosieposy6912
08-05-13, 12:12 PM
They don't have one and won't give one because they make money on them people! We mess up! Want it? Buy more gems! My opinion only!

I know right! But, it is possible people would buy more gems if they could use them for the things they wanted, not the thing they accidentally pay for.

CottonFaery
09-11-13, 04:03 AM
Since almost everyone experienced hitting a gem trap and knows about the frustration, I was wondering if you have any ideas / strategies to share on how to avoid them. :)

Some time ago I lost 49 gems for an additional slot. Today I think that isn't too bad cuz it's kinda useful for mastering, but don't want any more, so I place 22hrs- or 2day-orders in that last slot. This way even when tapping frantically for placing new shorter time orders, it keeps my finger at a distance to the buying option. I've also heard of players who bought so many extra slots that the buying option is on the beginning of another page.

Besides tapping very carefully especially when our phones lag, what else could we do?

andromedablack
09-11-13, 04:21 AM
I have 22 slots and I don't use the last 2 slots or if I want to use them I accept 3 different gifts and keep them in my order tab, so the buy extra slot is in another page alone and when I order I count my slots so I never go to the page where the buy slot is. I hope this is helpful. :)

But I've bought accidentally 2 boxes, the one when I was new in the game and tryed to tap the little i and the other later when the game lagged, I was tapping the screen and I came up with a Tulip Dresses display which is beautiful so I didn't mind so much. Now I tap very carefully and when the game lags I just wait and don't tap anywhere!

CottonFaery
09-11-13, 05:10 AM
I have 22 slots and I don't use the last 2 slots or if I want to use them I accept 3 different gifts and keep them in my order tab, so the buy extra slot is in another page alone and when I order I count my slots so I never go to the page where the buy slot is. I hope this is helpful. :)

Keeping gifts there should work out fine, never thought about it! :) Probably cuz I'm sick of seeing the same three gifts like forever and immediately place them on racks and counters ;)

But I've bought accidentally 2 boxes, the one when I was new in the game and tryed to tap the little i and the other later when the game lagged, I was tapping the screen and I came up with a Tulip Dresses display which is beautiful so I didn't mind so much. Now I tap very carefully and when the game lags I just wait and don't tap anywhere!

Oh yes, that evil little i.. but you've been really lucky coming out with a display you like :) Couldn't imagine worse than accidently spending gems on horrible deco.. eeeew. :rolleyes:

andromedablack
09-11-13, 05:32 AM
That happened the first time when I got the frog prince from the fairytale display, I was so furious that I spent 24 gems for an ugly little frog that I wanted to quit the game...

andromedablack
09-11-13, 05:32 AM
*I meant fairytale box

meme1098
09-11-13, 10:53 AM
I always start with the last slot and order 1 day items in the last 5 or so so I don't have to worry about tapping the buy slot. It has worked for me every time and have never bought any slot unintentionally.

moon331
10-17-13, 10:44 AM
I accidentally clicked "buy slot for 49 gems" for the third time and got very very upset over this game! :mad:

There are traps in other games like bakery story and restaurant story, but I never fell into them. This trap is just beside the "tap to order" and it s extremely easy to click by mistake. Considering to quit right now ...

lelaina752
10-18-13, 10:29 AM
I accidentally clicked "buy slot for 49 gems" for the third time and got very very upset over this game! :mad:

There are traps in other games like bakery story and restaurant story, but I never fell into them. This trap is just beside the "tap to order" and it s extremely easy to click by mistake. Considering to quit right now ...

I feel the same exact way. I just accidentally bought an extra slot (this is my third time). I've accidentally bought clothes, accidentally purchased boxes, and these 49 gem traps are too much. I am SO angry right now.

irlanda_c
10-23-13, 01:57 PM
Have been there...best word to describe it..TRAP...confirmation button? Thats not going to happen ever...as the new gifts or goals.

kaedysmommy
11-03-13, 09:35 PM
This is the 2nd time in less than a month that I have accidentally hit and purchased a new catalog box for 49 gems....I've already contacted customer service the first time around and was told since they can't take the empty catalog back that they won't refund my gems ....now tonight it happened again! It's right there and sooo easy to hit when your busy...it should ATLEAST have a confirm button...who in the world would ever spend 49 gems on that?? I have spent ALOT OF MONEY on this game and really feel screwed here!

I realize nothing will prob get done about this but I know I'm not the only one this has happened to and it's ridiculous! I have plenty of empty catalog boxes, I don't need any more!! :mad: :mad: :mad:

wanie9988
11-04-13, 01:36 AM
Please add that

irlanda_c
11-07-13, 04:52 PM
Again a bad move of my finger and I lost 49 gems at an extra slot I didn't want. I feel so frustrated this is the third time…I'm so ready to quit...

kvoeller
11-08-13, 10:12 AM
For those of you who have accidentally bought an extra slot, try ordering items for your last two slots first, the fill the rest of the catalog. Buying the extra slot usually happens when people are tapping too fast on those last two slots. I have always ordered like this and have never accidentally bought the extra slot. I hope this helps you avoid further gem losses. Also, I never go into the expansion tab in design mode if I have more than 24 gems. This helps avoid the box trap.

irlanda_c
11-08-13, 06:43 PM
Is there a reason for this thread? We still dont have the confirmation button and all the complains about it they just move the other threads here (edited)

meme1098
11-08-13, 06:49 PM
For those of you who have accidentally bought an extra slot, try ordering items for your last two slots first, the fill the rest of the catalog. Buying the extra slot usually happens when people are tapping too fast on those last two slots. I have always ordered like this and have never accidentally bought the extra slot. I hope this helps you avoid further gem losses. Also, I never go into the expansion tab in design mode if I have more than 24 gems. This helps avoid the box trap.
I also do that. The last 5-8 slots are reserved for 1 day items. When I order, I always start with the last slot and work my way forward through the slots. I have never accidentally bought one ordering this way either.

kvoeller
11-08-13, 08:43 PM
I also do that. The last 5-8 slots are reserved for 1 day items. When I order, I always start with the last slot and work my way forward through the slots. I have never accidentally bought one ordering this way either.

What's sad to me is you posted that months ago and yet multiple threads have been started since then about people accidentally purchasing the extra slot. :( sad day. Way back when I first started playing some one had suggested it in a different thread and I was so glad I read it. It might have even been you and if it was, thanks for saving me from that!

mskazmataz
06-28-14, 08:31 AM
The level of cynicism with the game play is really starting to make me resent it, the continuous pop-ups, the speed at which you drop to 3 stars, the lack of confirmation with gem purchases. Of course I know it's designed this way to make money but the idea of community is very undermined by such a cynical approach. I think my days playing it are numbered. It's one of the most greedy apps I've ever come across.

greenlove92
07-27-14, 06:16 AM
I've made the mistake once. Wasted gems for coins. It sucked because I was saving up for a hairstyle worth 23 gems and now I'm back down at 7 gems and I got really bitter. I don't even buy the gems, I save them up through playing.

twospoons
07-31-14, 07:32 AM
i just lost 100 gems to buy coins i didn't need. i was ordering, and must have unknowingly glanced over the add coins button, which then lagged, so when i tapped on the catalog i wanted to order, the stupid add coins popup appeared right afterwards and told me i had tapped on the button to spend my gems instead. luckily i had never bought gems in FS, so didn't lose real world money, although i'm still pretty pissed and deciding whether or not to quit. why is trading in 100 gems even an option? no one with any sense ever needs to do that, and if someone without sense did want to, they could just trade in 10 gems multiple times. but nooo, TL, you don't have gem traps. honest!

magdalenmist
08-26-15, 05:40 PM
I feel the same. There should definitely be a confirmation button for any gem purchase. I accidentally purchased one of the decor boxes because I was trying to figure out what it was.

anavive
09-03-15, 11:47 AM
will there ever be such a confirmation box for gem purchases?

I don't think so, they're making loads of money on it!

My order routine has gotten very slow. I double check everything and count the slots while I order.

Also, the idea of putting 22 or 46 hour pieces in the last - at least two - slots is awesome!
I have been using the last slots for longer orders anyways but this is brilliant!!!

orleansparish
09-03-15, 12:00 PM
will there ever be such a confirmation box for gem purchases?

I don't think so, they're making loads of money on it!

My order routine has gotten very slow. I double check everything and count the slots while I order.

Also, the idea of putting 22 or 46 hour pieces in the last - at least two - slots is awesome!
I have been using the last slots for longer orders anyways but this is brilliant!!!

Counting the slots takes forever. To make it easier on yourself, try starting at the last slot and working your way to the front while ordering. I've been playing four years or so and Never tapped that box.

For newer players, who's expanding, click the arrows on your screen instead of going near the design tab. Scrolling past the boxes can be tricky. Especially with a smaller device. Made that mistake a time or two on bakery when starting out.

Aside from that, they will never give a confirmation box. They love mistakes. It makes players frustrated and more likely to spend money to replace what was accidently lost.

orleansparish
09-03-15, 12:03 PM
i just lost 100 gems to buy coins i didn't need. i was ordering, and must have unknowingly glanced over the add coins button, which then lagged, so when i tapped on the catalog i wanted to order, the stupid add coins popup appeared right afterwards and told me i had tapped on the button to spend my gems instead. luckily i had never bought gems in FS, so didn't lose real world money, although i'm still pretty pissed and deciding whether or not to quit. why is trading in 100 gems even an option? no one with any sense ever needs to do that, and if someone without sense did want to, they could just trade in 10 gems multiple times. but nooo, TL, you don't have gem traps. honest!

This happened on dragon last month. I was livid, BUT thankfully it was only 20 gems. When first starting I also hit that buy coins button. You'd be surprised how many newbies buy coins or use gems for coins, when they don't have the patience to earn it themselves. Along with players who use gems to rush order clothes. I was guilty of that when I first started.

I've also seen older players use gems to speed a couple things when they're Decorating. In the end, they love these mistakes and won't make it easier for us. But if I lost 100 gems like that, id be throwing fits all over the place.

loranna23
09-07-15, 12:48 PM
Gem traps are a low blow to players. I would never even consider spending real money on a game without a conformation button. If I lost 100 gems I would just quit playing. Games are supposed to be fun and for me, a destresser. As far as gem traps this game has nothing on castle story, I uninstalled it in frustration yeaterday. Too bad because it was fun, well except for the gem traps.

molby29
11-06-15, 07:12 PM
I came back to Storm8 games recently after a long break. The reason I stopped playing was because of the gem trap. I am shocked, dismayed and, quite frankly, disgusted that nothing has changed after all this time. Kooky Panda directs everyone who complains to this thread - but why? After literally years of this being an issue for players, nothing has changed.

Team Lava/ Storm 8 - do you not realise that if you would only add a confirmation button, people would actually see some value for money in their gem purchases and buy more? Right now you have probably hundreds of thousands of players across all your games, who you have to cater for in support, data storage etc, who will NEVER pay you money for the games and resources they use, because the gems are too easily wasted by this fault in your games? Every other similar game I play, checks with the player to allow them to back out of unintentional use of premium in-game currency. It's not like it can't be done.

Please show us more respect - and make your games fair to your customers.

plowinthru
11-21-15, 11:43 PM
Last week I lost 129 gems...I accidentally expanded for 80 gems when I had the coins to expand...And the next day I hit the 49 gem stealer at the end of the catalog when my phone slipped out of my hand and I tried to save it...I was really bummed..I suffer with chronic pain and sometimes it really affects the brain and mobility...I have repeatedly requested for a confirmation button on such areas because of how long it takes to earn gems...They repeatedly reply that it will be discussed with the team...We should not be put in a position that forces us to purchase gems due to loss from no confirmation button...I told them I would purchase gems if they added that button...They should have some Integrity...I am very disappointed in them when they can do right by their customers ...Many have requested, all have been denied...