PDA

View Full Version : Value Pack

Queenzod
07-18-13, 04:39 PM
Did anyone else get the value pack notice? A very LARGE barrel blocking the right hand portion of the screen?

For only $9.99 (USD) I can get 100,000 coins, 100 gems (or very pale diamonds) and an alicorn! Good going, TL! It's a great price for a splurge with lots of good stuff. And at the same time, it kinda makes me mad. I'm conflicted. :)

jimboser
07-18-13, 04:54 PM
I have a barrel, only $0.99, but only 15k coins, 30 gems, and the Royal Manor. I thought about it, but don't really need the royal points.

If I had the Alicorn instead, I might have bought it.

hopesdragons
07-18-13, 04:55 PM
Mine was for 100,000 coins, 150 gems and a royal pig....

sdwombat
07-18-13, 04:57 PM
I have the same offer that Queenzod does. I have seen these bundle packs offered in Dragon Story, but this is a first for me in Castle Story.

nitocris
07-18-13, 05:15 PM
Mine was 50 gems, 20k gold, apple tree....

Btw it appears you can only purchase it once........

MiniLaura
07-18-13, 05:55 PM
No value pack for me! I wonder if it's something TL is testing on a limited basis.

ghjvcucjb
07-18-13, 06:00 PM
I got the same one as jimboser. I WANT the one queenzod has!!! I dont know how to purchase anything on ipad. Any suggestions?

mamareader02
07-18-13, 06:06 PM
I got the option for the royal pig pack-kinda made me a little huffy they could put that in our game,but no actual update items-Boo!!!

ody979979
07-18-13, 06:09 PM
Apple tree, 50 gems, and some coins (worthless) purchased for $0.99! I don't want another, but it appears it would let me get another if I wanted to...

sirenknight2
07-18-13, 06:10 PM
I have a barrel, only $0.99, but only 15k coins, 30 gems, and the Royal Manor. I thought about it, but don't really need the royal points.

If I had the Alicorn instead, I might have bought it.

Ditto. Also - I have 2 kingdoms (2 devices accident), and JUST bought the Royal Manor on BOTH of them In the last 7-10 days. Grrrr. I'd take the Alicorn. I'm level 29/30, do adventures every day, and have 2 wings on one account, got the dragon egg on the other (but no Alicorn parts). Oh and haven't gotten the barrel on the other account -yet.

07-18-13, 06:26 PM
Did anyone else get the value pack notice? A very LARGE barrel blocking the right hand portion of the screen?

For only $9.99 (USD) I can get 100,000 coins, 100 gems (or very pale diamonds) and an alicorn! Good going, TL! It's a great price for a splurge with lots of good stuff. And at the same time, it kinda makes me mad. I'm conflicted. :)

An alicorn?! I have a royal pig, 150 gems and 100,000 coins I'm mine. I already have two royal pigs. But on this tiny account that I didnt play doing valentine, I'd love to have an alicorn.

otgland
07-18-13, 06:36 PM

Same one here... and conflicted as well as my game has slowed down with only adventures left!

aileeniweeni
07-18-13, 06:41 PM
Wow sounds good! No value pack for me. I have at least one alicorn on both of my accounts but I haven't gotten the royal manor yet. Too many royal pigs. So the alicorn or royal manor packs I'd be interested in! Hope I get the offer :D

catcrack
07-18-13, 07:15 PM
Is that what that was??? I think I placed in inventory to free up the screen space.

jimboser
07-18-13, 07:17 PM
It seems like most things in this game, it knows what you need, and gives you something entirely different just to spite you. LOL

It's too bad they can't implement a mix & match feature to come up with a combination that would be useful and priced right. The gems seem to be what is giving these packages different pricing (150 gems, $9.99, 30/50 gems, $0.99). The coins to me, like more advanced players, probably don't matter, even the gems to many may not matter, but many of us would pay to pick up an alicorn, and some fruit trees (our choice), or even some rare parts like an alicorn wing or horn, etc, etc. Mix and match to get to a $0.99 pack, or $4.99, or $9.99.

Heck, even throw the Valentine's edition back in the app store at $0.99, and they would make some sales just so folks could do a bit more there.

Queenzod
07-18-13, 07:21 PM
I just bought 2 and I'm contemplating a third. I can rationalize this b/c I never eat out, go to movies, or generally buy stuff other than necessities. If I shower enough gold on the TL gods maybe they'll reward me with a glowing ember!

sugarzen6
07-18-13, 07:54 PM

This is what's in my barrel too. I don't think I'm going to bite though. I don't need the coins and 100 gems isn't that enticing. I have an alicorn plus three horns so I'm content to wait for a wing for a second alicorn. Funny that we've all got such different barrels. My main game is on my ipad but on my iphone I don't even have a barrel.

sdwombat
07-18-13, 07:58 PM
Is that what that was??? I think I placed in inventory to free up the screen space.

Gosh, Catcrack! You never fail to must crack me up!!!:D

gfbnm
07-18-13, 08:26 PM
The alicorn is cute, but doesnt do much. 7 days cycle for some energy. It would be better to buy just gems and turn them into energy unless the alicorn does something else.

Queenzod
07-18-13, 09:02 PM
The alicorn is cute, but doesnt do much. 7 days cycle for some energy. It would be better to buy just gems and turn them into energy unless the alicorn does something else.

I have a herd now! I lurve them. Once they grow up I'll have an extra fill up of energy 5 days out of 7. Plus, they look fahbulous, dahlink.

dragoniakingdom
07-18-13, 09:22 PM
My pack was nowhere near as exciting as some have received:

10000 coins/40 gems/apple tree for 99c.

Not needing an apple tree,I may pass.

07-18-13, 09:58 PM

Yeah, but who would buy gems every week just to use on energy. The alicorn is like a gift that keeps on giving. No additional money needed to be spent. It's been months since ive bought energy. I just leave the game and come back in a couple hours. They're cute too! Before I know it my three are ready to be used again. I just use them in different days.

minndom
07-18-13, 10:44 PM
I have the same as Queenzod. So far I've bought gems only once. I'm wondering what to do with this (I'm playing with my husband's old iPad with his iTunes account :rolleyes: ).

ghjvcucjb
07-18-13, 10:49 PM
Hi, just tried to buy this package, entered my payment info, got confirmation email, forced closed, opened game, hit buy, sync guy went by, and nada. Forced closed again, No gems or diamonds, no coins, no building. Afraid to try again and end up with two. What should I do?

TIA!

Queenzod
07-18-13, 10:59 PM
I have the same as Queenzod. So far I've bought gems only once. I'm wondering what to do with this (I'm playing with my husband's old iPad with his iTunes account :rolleyes: ).

So it's his treat? ;)

minndom
07-18-13, 11:09 PM
Yes, it would be. On the other hand he has been quite reluctant to spend more money on games after buying them and I quite understand him.

Cesar49
07-18-13, 11:19 PM
I'm in the same boat! I play on my partner's iPad (which was a freebie), I have no income at all, and my partner is on a very small pension so he would go spare if I spent any money on these games. Perfectly understandable, so I just muddle along on what I can earn through the game itself!

journeysmom
07-18-13, 11:42 PM
I got the one jimbozer was offered, and did buy it...and sold the royal manor for $18,000 coins. Wish I knew there was such 'variety' in the offer...I would not have spent actual money on it. My first actual money purchase, and I was screwed! Go figure!

vitriolicheart
07-19-13, 01:14 AM
I got offered the alicorn pack. I could cry. I just recently bought it because of losing gems in the gem trap.
It's still tempting. I didn't realise it was on a 7 day cycle (to be honest I wouldn't have bought it at ll if I'd known). As second one would mean I'd get a second energy boost for less than half price.

arale_norimaki
07-19-13, 02:15 AM
Has anyone in Europe receive this pack? I haven't got it :(

minndom
07-19-13, 02:29 AM
arale_norimaki, I did.

minndom
07-19-13, 02:29 AM
It was 8.99 euros.

arale_norimaki
07-19-13, 02:34 AM
Thanks minndom

I guess that alicorn is not for me :(

vednir
07-19-13, 04:04 AM
My offer is 20,000 coins + 50 gems + an apple tree for $0.99 which I would take if they had a gem confirmation button. Since their business model is built on gem traps they will never get a cent from me.

sukyee
07-19-13, 05:17 AM
I got this for my secondary account: $1.28 for 20000 coins + 50 gems + 1 apple tree... And it mentioned its a special bundle for starting players...

maguar
07-19-13, 05:24 AM
Hi, just tried to buy this package, entered my payment info, got confirmation email, forced closed, opened game, hit buy, sync guy went by, and nada. Forced closed again, No gems or diamonds, no coins, no building. Afraid to try again and end up with two. What should I do?

TIA!

On a different TL game I had something like this happen. I tried to buy again, got a message that I'd bought it before but it hadn't downloaded. It then downloaded.

JayUK69
07-19-13, 05:54 AM
20,000 coins, 50 gems and apple tree for ?0.69. A bargain if only for the gems.

jeck4152
07-19-13, 06:27 AM
I've had my account since the game first started and not had any of these pack offers at all. However, my ipad has an account started in April and it has a "value pack" offer (it says "a special bundle for starting players" - I'm level 26 and 3 months in, so wouldn't exactly say I was just starting) for ?6.99 I can get 100,000 coins, 100 gems and an alicorn.

jeck4152
07-19-13, 06:28 AM
Oh it doesn't show the pound sign, that should be 6 pounds 99 pence (UK)

Rocknrue
07-19-13, 08:04 AM
I have the value pack icon in the right corner on my iPad, but I can't seem to get it to open to tell me what is being offered! Any help or suggestions! I touch, it does nothing.........

JayUK69
07-19-13, 08:08 AM
I have the value pack icon in the right corner on my iPad, but I can't seem to get it to open to tell me what is being offered! Any help or suggestions! I touch, it does nothing.........

Have you tried the usual? Force closing and restarting the app?

JayUK69
07-19-13, 08:33 AM
Earlier I purchased the 20,000 coins, 50 gems and apple tree pack for 69p and now I have one for 100,000 coins, 100 gems and Alicorn for 6.99 GBP.

Rocknrue
07-19-13, 09:07 AM
Thanks JayUK69. Maybe I am not force closing properly. I have closed the app. Turned my device off and restarted. Howexactlydo I forceclose?

ButterPanda
07-19-13, 11:04 AM

TIA!

On a different TL game I had something like this happen. I tried to buy again, got a message that I'd bought it before but it hadn't downloaded. It then downloaded.

Try Maguar's suggestion. It might show up later. Sometimes purchases will not show up right away. If you have restarted the game and tried this suggestion and you still do not receive the pack, send in an email to customer support at support@teamlava.com.

raycholio
07-19-13, 02:30 PM
I haven't gotten the option for a value pack :( womp womp.

Queenzod
07-19-13, 04:08 PM
I haven't gotten the option for a value pack :( womp womp.

Something to look forward to! :)

queenofpolharcity
07-19-13, 05:46 PM
Try Maguar's suggestion. It might show up later. Sometimes purchases will not show up right away. If you have restarted the game and tried this suggestion and you still do not receive the pack, send in an email to customer support at support@teamlava.com.

My husband got this today! For $9.99, he could buy an Alicorn, 100,000 coins, and 100 gems! The pop-up screen told him he could purchase this deal for 7 days, and it was for beginning players. He is not a beginning player -- he's been on Level 30 for months! He was able to purchase multiples, also.

I did not receive this wondrous gift!! I sent TL an email and asked about this, and asked them to let me have it! (They probably want​ to let me have it, as much as I complain!) lol...I guess we shall see what they say!

ghjvcucjb
07-19-13, 07:59 PM

Yes tried full turn off and forced closed several times. Even tried to repurchased a couple of times. Just get the galloping knight screen then progress sign pointing to goals but nada. Not even in inventory. Sent a message to support last night but haven't heard back yet. Since its now Friday, thinking I won't hear anything until Monday.

Queenzod
07-19-13, 08:13 PM
Yes tried full turn off and forced closed several times. Even tried to repurchased a couple of times. Just get the galloping knight screen then progress sign pointing to goals but nada. Not even in inventory. Sent a message to support last night but haven't heard back yet. Since its now Friday, thinking I won't hear anything until Monday.

How about the delete and reinstall option?

ghjvcucjb
07-19-13, 08:32 PM
How about the delete and reinstall option?

Thank you for reminding me, Just did that now and still nada.

TL, I just want to give you my money! Why won't you take my .99 cents?!!!

Lol, with my luck they'll accidentally charge me $99, oy vey!

kooky panda
07-19-13, 09:38 PM
Thank you for reminding me, Just did that now and still nada.

TL, I just want to give you my money! Why won't you take my .99 cents?!!!

Lol, with my luck they'll accidentally charge me $99, oy vey!

I thought I had bought a value pack, but I did not get anything. When I checked my itunes account I did not have a charge.

Check your Itunes account and see if the purchase went through. If it did, then send an email to support with a copy of your receipt.
If you did not get charged, then try restarting your device, then try to make the purchase again.

Oliver118
07-19-13, 10:40 PM
I have the same offer that Queenzod does. I have seen these bundle packs offered in Dragon Story, but this is a first for me in Castle Story.~

I always see them in Dragon story, but never in Castle story. It's kinda great, even though I'm never going to spend money on it (I even have in-app purchases disabled) so really that will be just an annoying barrel on the side of my screen.

jjmpt
07-20-13, 06:03 AM
I know it's silly - but I am insulted that the pack is for beginning players - which I don't consider myself to be. Truly I have been playing for 6 months. Can't I be offered the experienced players pack??? (tic)

vitriolicheart
07-20-13, 03:40 PM
I know it's silly - but I am insulted that the pack is for beginning players - which I don't consider myself to be. Truly I have been playing for 6 months. Can't I be offered the experienced players pack??? (tic)

It's possible there isn't one for experienced players and this is something they'll introduce only to new players. They're just giving it to us older players because otherwise we'd not get a chance.

journeysmom
07-20-13, 05:02 PM
About the charges for the value pack. Are we able to purchase two? I purchased one almost immediately, and then, returned to my game and the offer was still there, so purchased another for the same .99 price. At that point, a screen came up saying that the purchse had already been made but not downloaded (but it had, as I had already played around with the royal manor, and decided to sell it. Ever since, whenever I launch the game, the 'enter your password iTunes screen comes up' to finish the purchase. I enter my password, and the screen disappears, but nothing is added to my inventory, no gems added etc.

I just received my iTunes receipt, and I was indeed charged twice for the "starter pack." it may only be .99 but it is one of the few times I have spent real money, and I will certainly not do that again if I have been duped into spending money for a second starter pack when in fact it should not have been offered.

TIA

journeysmom
07-20-13, 05:03 PM
Errr, edit to add, the first pack downloaded, but the second did not.....

vitriolicheart
07-21-13, 03:53 AM
Darn, I was thinking about getting another Alicorn. If you can only buy on then it really should disappear as soon as you've bought it.

Anyone managed to buy too? I really don't want to waste ?6.99 on something I won't get.

kazkgb
07-21-13, 05:18 AM
No value pack for me! I wonder if it's something TL is testing on a limited basis.

None for me :(

fwlbdrafter
07-21-13, 07:48 AM
About the charges for the value pack. Are we able to purchase two? I purchased one almost immediately, and then, returned to my game and the offer was still there, so purchased another for the same .99 price. At that point, a screen came up saying that the purchse had already been made but not downloaded (but it had, as I had already played around with the royal manor, and decided to sell it. Ever since, whenever I launch the game, the 'enter your password iTunes screen comes up' to finish the purchase. I enter my password, and the screen disappears, but nothing is added to my inventory, no gems added etc.

I just received my iTunes receipt, and I was indeed charged twice for the "starter pack." it may only be .99 but it is one of the few times I have spent real money, and I will certainly not do that again if I have been duped into spending money for a second starter pack when in fact it should not have been offered.

TIA

I had the same thing happen, purchased it twice and only got it once. It charged me twice and I never got the extra gems and apple tree. Now every time I open the game it wants me to sign in to my iTunes account. Very irritating, what is going on team lava? Refund my money or give me my money, gems and apple tree.

Queenzod
07-21-13, 08:59 AM
Darn, I was thinking about getting another Alicorn. If you can only buy on then it really should disappear as soon as you've bought it.

Anyone managed to buy too? I really don't want to waste ?6.99 on something I won't get.

I bought 4 and the offer is still there. Now I have an enormous sparkly glonder of alicorns!

minndom
07-21-13, 10:29 AM
If I hadn't used my hard-earned gems on alicorn I might be more tempted on this offer.

angellahg
07-21-13, 11:05 AM
I dont have this offer but i would love to buy the alicorn one..i know its supposed to be random but my ipad never ever receives gold sales or gem sales. Its odd. My iphone gets sales all the time!

kooky panda
07-21-13, 12:00 PM
Please note, that if you purchased the pack more than once and did not receive your items, check your itunes receipt to make sure the transaction completed.
Also try restarting your device.

If you are still missing your items, send an email to support@teamlava.com and attach a copy of your itunes receipt .

maguar
07-21-13, 02:54 PM

TIA

I had the same thing happen, purchased it twice and only got it once. It charged me twice and I never got the extra gems and apple tree. Now every time I open the game it wants me to sign in to my iTunes account. Very irritating, what is going on team lava? Refund my money or give me my money, gems and apple tree.

To stop the prompt to sign into iTunes, go into iTunes, log out and log back in. It worked for me.

vitriolicheart
07-21-13, 04:14 PM
I bought 4 and the offer is still there. Now I have an enormous sparkly glonder of alicorns!

Thanks. I think I'll splurge and get another. Or three, lol.

nitocris
07-21-13, 05:37 PM
Everytime I log in game it would ask me to sign in to itunes... the annoying thing is... no matter how many times I sign in... I still cannot make any further purchases. NICE!

kooky panda
07-21-13, 05:42 PM
Everytime I log in game it would ask me to sign in to itunes... the annoying thing is... no matter how many times I sign in... I still cannot make any further purchases. NICE!
Try what maguar suggested in post 54.

Also check under setting-Itunes store-Click your apple ID- View apple ID.-payment information- Make sure your credit card is listed and up to date.

nitocris
07-21-13, 07:17 PM
What does he mean by "going into itunes", the itunes on my PC?

maguar
07-22-13, 02:43 AM

The iTunes app on your device. Log out then in again and it should stop the password prompt each time you go into the game.

wassupbaby
07-22-13, 06:52 AM

and btw it's ''she'' :D

jimboser
07-22-13, 06:56 AM
Does anyone know if there is a way to change the pack being offered? I have no interest in the pack being displayed, but might consider one of the others. Although I still hope that my mix and match idea might be considered once they get the bugs worked out of this process.

Gardienn
07-22-13, 07:25 AM
It would be nice if all players were offered a pack of some sort. I've received none. No alicorn horn or dragon egg either. I'm beginning to think my game has a conspiracy against me.

lotuskat
07-22-13, 07:31 AM
I wish I could come visit you with the Ali so we can share it!

Gardienn
07-22-13, 07:51 AM
I wish I could come visit you with the Ali so we can share it!

That would be cool. Thanks for the gesture. :)

ghjvcucjb
07-22-13, 09:53 AM
It's now Monday morning, 5 days since I sent in my support ticket regarding trying to purchase the value pack and no response yet. I've now tried to make this purchase several times, forced closed/deleted/reinstalled/etc numerous times and no package. DH, as a test, made a purchase in iTunes and we received the download and receipt within minutes. DH says there's a problem in MY game not in iTunes.

TL is it my deodorant you don't like? 5 months and no alicorn, carriage unicorn statue, etc, no flowering bush for master botany goal, no extra manti eggs, lost glimmer dust trove adventure...and now a value pack teasingly within my grasp And yet unable to download.:(. Unrequited game play is depressing.

kooky panda
07-22-13, 12:22 PM
It's now Monday morning, 5 days since I sent in my support ticket regarding trying to purchase the value pack and no response yet. I've now tried to make this purchase several times, forced closed/deleted/reinstalled/etc numerous times and no package. DH, as a test, made a purchase in iTunes and we received the download and receipt within minutes. DH says there's a problem in MY game not in iTunes.

TL is it my deodorant you don't like? 5 months and no alicorn, carriage unicorn statue, etc, no flowering bush for master botany goal, no extra manti eggs, lost glimmer dust trove adventure...and now a value pack teasingly within my grasp And yet unable to download.:(. Unrequited game play is depressing.

Try deleting and re downloading the game.
You can also go under settings-safari on your device and clear out your data.

ghjvcucjb
07-22-13, 12:30 PM

Thanks Kooky, but I've deleted/redownloaded twice already.

I've also cleared out payment info and re imputted numerous times.

I've also cleared all cookies twice, which btw looses all your entry history searches in safari :mad:

Pretty sure I've done everything that normally is suppose to work.

fwlbdrafter
07-22-13, 05:14 PM
The iTunes app on your device. Log out then in again and it should stop the password prompt each time you go into the game.

That didn't work. I have forced closed, restarted the game, restarted the device and deleted and reinstalled. It still wants me to sign in and it charged me twice and didn't receive the extra items. Sent a request to support and it says my request has been resolved or deleted. Getting VERY aggravated.

nitocris
07-22-13, 05:49 PM
Yeah, it doesnt work for me either...

PrincessH06
07-22-13, 08:08 PM
I bought the offer with 100.000 coins/gems/alicorn. After, the offer was still there. Items delivered instantly and now I am just waiting for ali's first drop.

stuffedmounts
07-22-13, 09:38 PM

I'm curious why you think web browser cookies and temp files have anything to do with this value pack problem..?

ghjvcucjb
07-23-13, 10:46 AM
Going on 6 days since I sent in my support ticket and have not heard back. I'm wondering if one of the mods could pass this along to TL before the value pack offer goes away? TIA!

kooky panda
07-23-13, 11:37 AM
I'm curious why you think web browser cookies and temp files have anything to do with this value pack problem..?
A while back, I was having issues purchasing gems for one of the games, and I send an email to apple and this is one of things that they has me do on my device, and it worked for me.
If it was an overall TL issue purchasing the pack, then more members would be posting and having the same issues.
Even though we suggest some things to try, it does not mean it will work for every issue or specific device.

kooky panda
07-23-13, 11:39 AM
Going on 6 days since I sent in my support ticket and have not heard back. I'm wondering if one of the mods could pass this along to TL before the value pack offer goes away? TIA!
Can you send me a Private message (http://forum.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=46) with your support ticket number?

stuffedmounts
07-23-13, 01:10 PM
A while back, I was having issues purchasing gems for one of the games, and I send an email to apple and this is one of things that they has me do on my device, and it worked for me.
If it was an overall TL issue purchasing the pack, then more members would be posting and having the same issues.
Even though we suggest some things to try, it does not mean it will work for every issue or specific device.
Thanks for sharing that. I think I'll inquire with Apple and try to get further details. The only thing I can think of is if in-app purchases go through the browser (api) for some reason. That would be completely stupid if so but best design vs. most economical aren't always a match. ;)

arikasi
07-23-13, 03:57 PM
Wow I wish I had the apple tree one, now if only they gave us the option of all of these, they could truly see which was the most popular for any particular level or length of player! As it is I don't need the royal points that my royal manor option would buy.

arikasi
07-23-13, 04:05 PM
Did anyone here buy the royal manor option? And if so what was the next package deal it offered you?

arikasi
07-23-13, 04:55 PM
I bought the manor option, for a brief amount of time the option was there to buy a second, then it disappeared when I restarted the game.

Would have loved an apple tree though......

ghjvcucjb
07-23-13, 06:32 PM
Can you send me a Private message (http://forum.storm8.com/private.php?do=newpm&u=46) with your support ticket number?

Thank you Kooky! I just heard back from support. However they are misunderstanding the situation. They want me to show them my receipt which I don't have because the system won't let me purchase. I hit the BUY button, the sync knight rides by and nothing. I explained this to them so hopefully they'll have another resolution soon.

kooky panda
07-23-13, 06:48 PM
Thank you Kooky! I just heard back from support. However they are misunderstanding the situation. They want me to show them my receipt which I don't have because the system won't let me purchase. I hit the BUY button, the sync knight rides by and nothing. I explained this to them so hopefully they'll have another resolution soon.
Oh good I am glad they got back to you. Since you responded quickly they should respond back soon.

journeysmom
07-23-13, 09:17 PM
Did anyone here buy the royal manor option? And if so what was the next package deal it offered you?

I received the royal manor version, sold it, and tried to buy a second, but got.....ummm.....s.c.r.e.w.e.d...... (bought it but did not get it......).

nan0165
07-24-13, 11:24 AM
Well at first I was disappointed that I was not offered the value pack, now with all the bugs I'm kinda glad��. Let them get the bugs worked out first. Anyone have any idea if they will ever offer the rest of us the value pack?

sooter23
07-24-13, 12:06 PM
I have yet to receive the value pack offer as well. I would like to purchase an alicorn!! Do we know when this will offered to everyone!? Or should I email teamlava and ask for it!!

Gardienn
07-24-13, 12:25 PM
I have yet to receive the value pack offer as well. I would like to purchase an alicorn!! Do we know when this will offered to everyone!? Or should I email teamlava and ask for it!!

Well, they'll probably just tell you to buy gems so you can buy your Alicorn from the marketplace.

gmgin22
07-24-13, 08:35 PM
I had this same offer for coins, gems, and a royal manor. I bought it, but now it continues to glitch when I open up Castle Story. The glitch is:}It asks for my apple id and password when I open the game. I can hit cancel or actually enter it and continue to play but it keeps popping up at random times while I'm in the game too.} Very annoying. I don't know why this keeps happening. I tried restarting my phone, I tried deleting the game and downloading again but it doesn't seem to stop. I thought it was just me and then my husband bought the same starter pack on the ipad 4 and it's doing the same id and password glitch.

maguar
07-25-13, 01:55 AM
I had this same offer for coins, gems, and a royal manor. I bought it, but now it continues to glitch when I open up Castle Story. The glitch is:}It asks for my apple id and password when I open the game. I can hit cancel or actually enter it and continue to play but it keeps popping up at random times while I'm in the game too.} Very annoying. I don't know why this keeps happening. I tried restarting my phone, I tried deleting the game and downloading again but it doesn't seem to stop. I thought it was just me and then my husband bought the same starter pack on the ipad 4 and it's doing the same id and password glitch.

Go into your iTunes app, log out then back into your account. It worked for me with another TL game.

kooky panda
07-25-13, 04:49 AM
The value packs will go out randomly to different games.

baram99
07-25-13, 07:42 AM
My situation is exactly same as "journeysmom" & "gmgin22".
I puchased starter's pack(coin, gem, an apple tree). Then i decided to buy one more, I touched buy button, enter my apple ID & password.
However this time I couldn't recieve second pack, and when i go in the game, it requires my apple ID and password again and again.
I tried to delete & reinstall, login-out, and input password. But password requirement message didn't disappeard.
I felt something wrong, I waited my receipt mail. When I opened and checked mail, it was double payments.
So I contacted apple support for solution. First they canceled my second pack, and gave information for disappearing password requirement message(that was login-out itunes, turn on-off device).
BUT it is still annoying me!!!!
I find this thread and read all. And I'm going to send help message to TL, too!!
I think there're more persons have the same problem!!

stuffedmounts
07-25-13, 10:08 AM
My situation is exactly same as "journeysmom" & "gmgin22".
I puchased starter's pack(coin, gem, an apple tree). Then i decided to buy one more, I touched buy button, enter my apple ID & password.
However this time I couldn't recieve second pack, and when i go in the game, it requires my apple ID and password again and again.
I tried to delete & reinstall, login-out, and input password. But password requirement message didn't disappeard.
I felt something wrong, I waited my receipt mail. When I opened and checked mail, it was double payments.
So I contacted apple support for solution. First they canceled my second pack, and gave information for disappearing password requirement message(that was login-out itunes, turn on-off device).
BUT it is still annoying me!!!!
I find this thread and read all. And I'm going to send help message to TL, too!!
I think there're more persons have the same problem!!
I'm in the exact same boat and it's really starting to piss me off. I believe this is a TL problem because of how they're trying to limit you to only one purchase per pack. Whatever method they're using seems to have caused this endless and incredibly annoying loop. I've never had this problem with any other apps, including games where you're limited to only one purchase of something. That right there tells me the problem is specific to TL.

elaur
07-25-13, 08:27 PM
I have the $10 Alicorns Packard I'm just not sure I'm interested. :( it's becoming tedious to me.

07-25-13, 08:48 PM
I have the alicorn package. May be worth getting. I could use the gems to skip the ember step of the dragon goal or one of the last parts of the T and T goal. Decisions, decisions....

journeysmom
07-25-13, 10:56 PM
My "issues" have apparently been resolved, and my random tapping (trying to get "stuff") has resulted in two Alicorns and a WHOLE LOT of gems and coins. Sigh, not what I wanted, but what I tapped....

In the end I got what I asked for......

ghjvcucjb
07-25-13, 10:59 PM
I've been working with a very patient support agent and doing everything instructed and NADA. That sucks.

Gardienn
07-26-13, 07:05 AM
So I finally have a barrel offer, the Alicorn one. After careful thought, I've decided I'm not buying my way out of waiting for an Alicorn horn, but the largest reason I'm not buying is I won't bless TL with $10 when they refuse to fix the glaring gem loss problem by creating a gem spend confirmation. Any pack gems would probably disappear on more stupid speedups like I had last night when my game didn't register my finger touch away from my castle to release the selection, and my subsequent touch on a tower next to it sped up a dumb Valentine adventure.

Sadly, I'm watching the barrel offer tick down, wishing I just had my Alicorn horn and the gems back in my account the traps stole from me.

raycholio
07-26-13, 11:13 AM
Awww yeaahh. Last night I when I logged in, there was a barrel of awesome full of coins, gems, and an alicorn! I started playing after the Valentine's version ended, so I had no chance of getting an alicorn unless I bought it with the gems. Needless to say, I snatched up that deal super quick! So happy to have my new little addition ^_^

Oh, and the offer stayed up even after I purchased it. So I think it's possible to purchase it more than once, unlike what someone had previously posted.

moon331
07-26-13, 11:25 AM
Awww yeaahh. Last night I when I logged in, there was a barrel of awesome full of coins, gems, and an alicorn! I started playing after the Valentine's version ended, so I had no chance of getting an alicorn unless I bought it with the gems. Needless to say, I snatched up that deal super quick! So happy to have my new little addition ^_^

Oh, and the offer stayed up even after I purchased it. So I think it's possible to purchase it more than once, unlike what someone had previously posted.

Cong! I am still debating with myself. I have never spent "so much" money in a game.

raycholio
07-26-13, 11:29 AM
Cong! I am still debating with myself. I have never spent "so much" money in a game.

Well, I figure if I'm willing to spend so much time playing a game (I'm almost level 30!) then throwing down a little money to enhance the experience isn't so bad. I probably wouldn't have done it, though, without the alicorn. Let's just hope my fianc? doesn't see the charge to our credit card... he's not a fan of the game to begin with and seeing me drop ten bucks on it would only fan the flames... Heh.

moon331
07-26-13, 01:26 PM
A ha. :)

I am new to this game. Last week I spent 0.99 on the value pack of the Apple tree. Totally worth it! Two golden apples fell from that tree, so I managed to finish the quest for sir pigglesworth. Now sir pigglesworth gives me back even more!

Gardienn
07-26-13, 01:51 PM
I understand why you all are buying these packs, but every time someone does, it ruins our chances more and more of them giving us a gem confirmations. People keep buying gems. :( Oh well.

raycholio
07-26-13, 02:48 PM
A ha. :)

I am new to this game. Last week I spent 0.99 on the value pack of the Apple tree. Totally worth it! Two golden apples fell from that tree, so I managed to finish the quest for sir pigglesworth. Now sir pigglesworth gives me back even more!

Sir piggiesworth has definitely been a mighty asset in my kingdom! Except when he drops water. When he drops water, he gets no dinner that night -.-

stuffedmounts
07-29-13, 01:23 PM
Sir piggiesworth has definitely been a mighty asset in my kingdom! Except when he drops water. When he drops water, he gets no dinner that night -.-

Arg! I hate Sir Piggie water-drops!

mamareader02
07-29-13, 01:52 PM
Got the Ali bundle this week..not sure if I should get it,got enough Ali's,but it's a tempting offer

myvinoveritas
08-01-13, 08:12 AM
I purchased it two days ago and it still hasn't downloaded to my game. I know I was charged b/c I saw the Apple store purchase for that amt in my account statement.

Also, any idea which plant gives red leaves? I can't find one that does. I have 10 somehow and need 5 more but can't figure out which plant gives them.

MiniLaura
08-01-13, 08:24 AM
I purchased it two days ago and it still hasn't downloaded to my game. I know I was charged b/c I saw the Apple store purchase for that amt in my account statement.
See this thread (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?56390-Purchased-a-bundle-didn-t-receive-items) for some discussion on the problem. However, you will have to email support@teamlava.com for help.

Also, any idea which plant gives red leaves? I can't find one that does. I have 10 somehow and need 5 more but can't figure out which plant gives them.
Red petals are rare drops from from Patch of Tall Grass, Plant In A Log, Old Log, Bushes, Ferns, and Ivy's Hut. They are common drops from the Valentines plants, but if you started playing after the V-Day stuff was removed, you cannot get these plants.

Gardienn
08-01-13, 04:04 PM
I had a value pack for the Alicorn. The timer finally ticked down and now I have a new value pack for a royal pig for another seven days. Can TL please take this thing off my screen? It's obstructive and I don't want any of them.

vitriolicheart
08-01-13, 04:38 PM
I've now gone from the Alicorn pack to the Royal pig pack. Both of them cost the same to buy. I'd get the same coins, 50 gems more and an item that would cost me 250 gems less to buy this time around.
Value pack? I don't think so.

bowlfullofcherries
08-01-13, 06:23 PM
I bought the Alicorn pckg then got my second part to build one exactly a week later. Xp

This week I got the royal pig offer as well but I'm not interested.

patriziaf
08-01-13, 06:46 PM
I had the same problem. After 10 hours the problem was solved: after giving my iTunes password I received the items.

patriziaf
08-01-13, 06:47 PM

TIA!

I had the same problem. After 10 hours the problem was solved: after giving my iTunes password I received the items.

denisebat1
08-01-13, 11:26 PM
I got the 100,000 coins, 100 gems and an Alicorn. I paid for it 2 days ago. The money came out of my iTunes immediately but I have not received anything! I've been trying to reach TL about this but no response so far. I'm getting mad! I've been playing this game less than a year and have spent over $50 on this FREE game for items to advance and this happens. I'm very disappointed.

denisebat1
08-01-13, 11:28 PM
On top of this, I have to enter in my password every time I try to play:/!

vitriolicheart
08-02-13, 02:19 AM
Everyone having problems getting their items, force close your game, forced close your device. If that doesn't work, sync your phone. If that doesn't work delete your game and reinstall it. You won't lose your progress and you should get your items.

scrummy1999
08-02-13, 02:42 AM
Tried it all.....sent email waiting for response ��

ghjvcucjb
08-02-13, 11:50 AM
I can't even make a purchase and was told after almost a dozen emails that it's an Apple problem and to talk to their support. So now I have all these offers continuously popping up, teasing me, reminding me I can't have any of them, even if I want them.

Makes me wish for the old fruit mania goal that wouldn't go away to come back instead. At least if all else failed I could have achieved it.

veefrank
08-03-13, 06:38 AM
I had a barrel yesterday - it said it was good for 13 days. I fell asleep early and now it's gone... Please send me back the offer TeamLava!

wlusa
08-03-13, 09:21 AM
Did anyone hear back from either Storm 8 or Apple support regarding this? I hope they are working on resolving this. I want my $ back.

CottageRose
08-03-13, 09:49 AM
Did anyone hear back from either Storm 8 or Apple support regarding this? I hope they are working on resolving this. I want my $ back.

If Apple charged you for something you didn't get and you have a credit card attached to your account, you can dispute the charge through your credit card company. I have done that with other Internet things. Just a thought...

scrummy1999
08-03-13, 12:11 PM
Had email back, I need to email them a copy of apple receipt & I guess they will get back to me :)

mamareader02
08-03-13, 12:48 PM
I'm on iOS and had no problem purchasing/receiving my Alicorn pack

PrincessH06
08-03-13, 11:35 PM
I bought the first value pack with Ali, and now also the second which was with a royal pig.

veefrank
08-05-13, 09:48 AM
I'm waiting for my value pack... please send soon TeamLava!

08-05-13, 09:49 AM
I got this on this account. For $.99! An apple tree, 50 gems and 50,000 coins. Tres cool. I may get a couple before the 11 days expire.

nan0165
08-05-13, 05:06 PM
I want the value pack too! TL don't you want my money? I keep waiting and no barrel thing shows up in my queendom? I want the Alicorn I've been waiting months for the wing. I would buy it but I keep thing as long as its been,.. that wing is just around the corner.

bonniesue48
08-07-13, 04:34 PM
I had the same problem...didn't get my second value pack, have to keep logging in, etc. I have emailed back and forth with team lava and today I got my 50 gems and other items I paid .99 for. Thank you team lava for responding and fixing this problem! However, I still have to log in with my iTunes password every time I play the game. But I am happy getting the gems I paid for.😊

mikado86
08-07-13, 05:34 PM
I want the value pack too! TL don't you want my money? I keep waiting and no barrel thing shows up in my queendom? I want the Alicorn I've been waiting months for the wing. I would buy it but I keep thing as long as its been,.. that wing is just around the corner.

Did you guys update your game? value pack did not showed on my game until I went trough the bother of going to the apple store and updating my game

kooky panda
08-07-13, 06:11 PM
The Value packs are sent out randomly to different games. If you do not receive this offer, hopefully you will receive the next one that is sent out.

arikasi
08-07-13, 09:09 PM
Bought the royal manor pack because for 99c it gave me enought gems to finally finish buying my wizard school. But since then its given me the option if the 10 dollar alicorn and royal pig. My son got the apple tree offer... Of course since that's the one I truly want, very typical!!! Lol.

arikasi
08-08-13, 04:15 PM
This week I'm being offered $6.99 for a dragon, 100000 gold and 150 gems.

QueenCarolyn
08-08-13, 04:45 PM
I've had 3 value pack offers. One for an Alicorn, one for a royal pig, and now a dragon (same as post above) but mine is $9.99.

journeysmom
08-08-13, 05:50 PM
Yup, just got the dragon pack, for $9.99. Not sure it is worth it. When I bought the Alicorn pack, I got my 'horn' within 48 hours, and could craft it.

I would probably spend more than $9.99, .99 at a time, but that $10.00 is just a bit rich. Did it once, not again, especially for a craftable item

Gardienn
08-09-13, 07:28 AM
Kooky, you mentioned the offers will expire and won't be in our games forever, but I'm now on my third offer. I'm worried they're just going to keep cycling and taking up valuable screen space. How many more of these barrel offers are there?

kooky panda
08-09-13, 07:40 AM
I am not sure how many more there will be. I know they can take up space, but one may hit that you really would like to have.
I personally hope I get one of the .99 deals soon!

Gardienn
08-09-13, 10:45 AM
I am not sure how many more there will be. I know they can take up space, but one may hit that you really would like to have.

Unless TL institutes a gem confirmation, I'm not interested in even a $.99 pack, but thanks.

vchanhs
08-09-13, 10:09 PM
I wonder when will I get the alicorn offer. Will be really tempted to buy if I get it.

journeysmom
08-10-13, 03:56 AM
I have not been interested in the last few (and kind of wish I had not gotten the Alicorn), but may be if they offered the money, gems and 20 sweet feasts for .99!

Buggi79
08-10-13, 03:21 PM
I got the Alicorn deal twice and now I have a deal for a dragon, 150 gems, and 100k coins and am very tempted.

zakandcob
08-11-13, 08:29 PM
Does anyone know if you buy the dragon pack do you still have to 'make' the dragon with parts or does it come ready built??! ( what a strange sentence lol hopefully someone knows what I mean) :)

Queenzod
08-12-13, 12:10 AM
I have not been interested in the last few (and kind of wish I had not gotten the Alicorn), but may be if they offered the money, gems and 20 sweet feasts for .99!

I would buy five of these. Just for the sweet feasts alone. I seem to spend all my time these days making sweet feasts. They take forever! Well, not literally...

maguar
08-12-13, 12:54 AM
Does anyone know if you buy the dragon pack do you still have to 'make' the dragon with parts or does it come ready built??! ( what a strange sentence lol hopefully someone knows what I mean) :)

I think it's the same as buying it from the market - it's already "constructed" and won't trigger/finish the goal

zakandcob
08-12-13, 03:21 AM
I think it's the same as buying it from the market - it's already "constructed" and won't trigger/finish the goal

Yes! Thanks! I just caved and bought the barrel pack and am now the proud owner of one little (whole) dragon. Thanks again :)

jimboser
08-12-13, 07:20 AM

The random aspect gets old after a while, TL just doesn't seem to get that.

It seems that to get around the problems with these value packs, it may just be easier to drop the price on gems. The two current Barrel deals have the following:

Alicorn, 100 gems, 100k coins
Royal Manor, 30 gems, 15k coins

100k coins can be bought for 100 gems, 20k coins can be bought for 20 gems, so each gem is worth 1k coins. Alicorn can be bought for 600 gems, Royal Manor sells for 120 gems, so the total gem worth for these packages is:

Alicorn - 800 gems, $9.99 (1.25 cents / gem)
Royal Manor - 165 gems, $0.99 (0.6 cents / gem)

The current 'sale' for gems has these deals:

120 - 3.99 (3.3 cents / gem)
250 - 6.99 (2.8 cents / gem)
530 - 13.99 (2.64 cents / gem)
1400 - 34.99 (2.5 cents / gem)

So, the easiest way around this would be to drop the gem same prices further, using the 'best deal' price of 0.6 cents / gem, and offer a 165 gem package for $0.99, let folks buy the gems, and spend them as they wish.

I'm making the assumption that folks generally are not having an issue buying gems, people seem to do it all the time, and I'm not seeing the same outcry on gem purchases as with these other deals, so obviously something different is happening there.

As an aside, I was just assuming the Alicorn deal being offered was a better value than the 99 cent packs, apparently for the gem cost, it's actually twice as expensive, and should have been priced at 4.99 to be the same 'value'.

Cesar49
08-15-13, 03:01 PM
I just wish there was a way to turn the things off rather than having to endure them for weeks! I realise that some people want to buy, and that's fine, but I will never ever buy anything for real money on any of these games. My partner and I manage on his very meagre pension and I could never justify spending real money on games. I can disable in-app purchases on the iPad (which, by the way, was a free gift in a competition!) so why can't I tell TL that I will never be able to purchase anything from them? This no doubt makes me a 2nd class citizen in the world of online gaming but that's the way it is.

arikasi
08-15-13, 03:10 PM
Has anyone had the option a week or so later, for a second different 99c offer, after buying one 99c barrel?

I ask because I bought the royal manor offer for 99c and since then have had only 9.99 offers.

catcrack
08-15-13, 03:58 PM
I thought these were for beginner players (or do it said on the offers I was presented with).

Cesar49
08-16-13, 02:18 AM
Has anyone had the option a week or so later, for a second different 99c offer, after buying one 99c barrel?

I ask because I bought the royal manor offer for 99c and since then have had only 9.99 offers.

Yes, although for me it's in sterling so is 0.69pence. The first barrel was for the apple tree and gems and so on, and as soon as that vanished it was replaced by the royal manor offer, both at the same offer price and neither of which I will buy (see above). And yes, Cat Crack, mine also say for beginners to the game - which makes it all the more irritating when you're level 30!

Gardienn
08-16-13, 06:26 AM
Siiiiiiiiccckkkk of the barrel.

Gardienn
08-16-13, 06:27 AM
This special really should appear under in the gem add sale section of the game.

Meridor
08-16-13, 04:21 PM
I just wish there was a way to turn the things off rather than having to endure them for weeks! I realise that some people want to buy, and that's fine, but I will never ever buy anything for real money on any of these games. My partner and I manage on his very meagre pension and I could never justify spending real money on games. I can disable in-app purchases on the iPad (which, by the way, was a free gift in a competition!) so why can't I tell TL that I will never be able to purchase anything from them? This no doubt makes me a 2nd class citizen in the world of online gaming but that's the way it is.

I'm a full time working mom. My rent eats half of my income and you need to add to it utilities, school fees and the likes. There is no way I can spend real money. I love CS but sorry no cash....

vitriolicheart
08-16-13, 11:54 PM
Urgh another offer for 6.99 now with a sheep. No thanks. Even with a few extra coins it's not worth it.

Oliver118
08-17-13, 12:48 AM
Apple tree, 50 gems, and some coins (worthless) purchased for $0.99! I don't want another, but it appears it would let me get another if I wanted to...

I need an Apple tree! Can we swap? I'll give you a Lemon tree (the most valuable thing in my kingdom):)