PDA

View Full Version : Clock Tower's Call - Levels 301 - 306

aileeniweeni
07-17-13, 01:04 PM
Level 301... glass moves level with snakes, black jewels, and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/6befcc7a-ff22-40f9-b8b6-434f7439e1ea_zps2fa0783f.jpg

the glass is double glassed so you have to break them twice. There is also glass underneath the snakes, so your high priority is to **** the snakes. there are portals in the middle which moves the jewels to two columns over on the sides. the rounds that i played, i didn't really find a certain area to be "harder to reach" than others. so i just focused on getting the snakes and tried making lots of special jewels. i got rid of the snakes with blasters/bombs and also simple matching around the head.

aileeniweeni
07-17-13, 01:05 PM
Level 302... timed fire level with lock & chain, snakes, and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/78c683fa-08f3-427c-b66e-92252b6259c1_zps670fea3b.jpg

0:50 on the clock to get ALL the fire, which means you have to unlock ALL the lock & chain areas. Each lock & chain has one flame locked inside. I wanted to see if I could pass the level by clearing only the exposed fire, but that didn't work. The colors of the locks are the same each time, 15 red, 20 yellow, 30 blue, and 35 green. The colors of the snake eyes seem to also be the same everytime: blue, red, yellow, green. Since you need to unlock each lock & chain, try to focus on green matches. However when I played every round i really didn't focus on anything and just made matches anywhere, especially to try to get rid of the fire. Once you get rid of the snakes, it's much easier to get direct access to the fire and to make more matches in general. i was able to get rid of the fire in the bottom row more easily than the fire that's underneath the lock & chains once they get exposed, since you only have one side of a square that touches a jewel.

aileeniweeni
07-17-13, 02:15 PM
Level 303... digging moves level with snakes and super dirt.

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/9989bf84-90b7-485f-a972-a64009a325f6_zps005c4f3a.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/008a99cc-576d-4ae1-820b-e21711812eff_zps173bbb69.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/c2f8c462-8839-4027-91e0-052c8583ea29_zpsd5d9c18a.jpg

8 meters to dig down is not that deep of a dig, but the diagonal area of super dirt and gaps in the board make it more challenging to dig down. Each snake head will be visible on the screen, one by one. i've gotten close to passing with just one or two pieces of dirt left to dig, but i kept running out of moves. but i enjoy this level a lot. no time pressure and it feels like you make progress.

aileeniweeni
07-18-13, 10:17 PM
Level 304... fire moves level with snakes, lock & chain, and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/d70af734-6ddf-4197-a41c-2721447b1d35_zps3dc10f03.jpg

So there is an 8-headed snake blocking the fire with portals in the center. And there are 4 lock & chain squares that have fire locked inside with counts of 45 each. Since there is only 45 moves, you need to make your moves wisely. If you make a vertical blaster that's in the middle area, it can get portaled to the sides, but i always tried to wait to activate it if the lock & chain squares were still locked. The fire in those lock & chains are the hardest to put out since they're unreachable and requires a blaster or bomb + blaster combo. The snakes on the underside of the body must also be blasted to be ****ed. I managed to make a bomb + blaster combo somewhere in the middle bottom area after i got rid of the snake, along with other blasters to put out the fire. i guess the positive thing in this level is that the fire is easy to contain since there are only 2 initial flames that can spread to the rest of the board, and the rest are boxed in. but it makes it whole lot harder to put them out.

aileeniweeni
07-18-13, 10:42 PM
Level 305... digging moves level with snakes, restricted jewels, and white blocks

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/e44b0935-888e-4979-bcf9-df899a00dad4_zps8729bc55.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/f0255dcb-b6ac-4cf6-b019-3017bc26a517_zps376c1eaa.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/b6e841eb-468e-4281-b60e-f1f789cd5a93_zpse534dafb.jpg
http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/f2c6694c-c476-4328-9b72-d0bac4ad5ef6_zpsb2182b80.jpg

18 meters is a long dig down and the board won't move down until you get rid of all the snakes in each portion. the snakes and restricted jewels are making a really cool pattern on the board. for the most part, i tried making as many blasters as possible to release the restricted jewels and to **** the snakes. the white blocks just add an extra step if you're trying to **** the snake head by simple matching around its head. with 75 moves, this level was certainly doable.

aileeniweeni
07-18-13, 10:50 PM
Level 306... timed glass level with snakes and portals

http://i1364.photobucket.com/albums/r738/aileeniweeni/73931dd7-f390-40f9-b336-c1a084fa2490_zpsd7f10cdb.jpg

all the glass is underneath this massive snake body. You have to **** every single snake head to get rid of the entire body. The upper snake heads are relatively easy to get rid of. But it gets more challenging to get rid of the snakes towards the middle and bottom since they will need to be blasted. the portals make jewel movement predictions difficult and every time i think i made a blaster in the right spot, it gets portaled away. still working on this one with 1:20 on the clock.

Phaedrakiki
08-07-13, 05:44 PM
Level 301: 44 glass in 30 moves (5JC.) The moves on this are very tight. It took a lot of attempts to pass this, but it was very fun to play. Love taking my time, deciding best move, etc. I tried to only play boards with a visible snake-clearing move to start with, as well as some sort of move in the bottom area (or I restarted the level.) Moves are just too few to waste. I made a couple diamonds in the round I passed...combined one with a blaster. Only one star, so I'll come back for more sometime. :)

Phaedrakiki
08-07-13, 06:28 PM
Level 302: 18 fire in :55 (5JC.) Ugh, another timed fire level. They added 5 seconds since Aileeni's post, but it still goes by oh-so-fast! :0 I'm not sure how I'm gonna swing this one--seems too fast/impossible! Went thru 4 energies like that (fingers snap!) Now have to wait on a recharge, to continue my (probably very loooong) "practice session"...to try to get better at this level! ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-08-13, 09:26 PM
I've been getting more & more stressed-out by 302...couldn't even open the bottom (green) L&C most rounds. And the 2 or 3 times I did, the others were still locked. I found this level to be really difficult. The fire moves so fast (and you have to swipe so furiously to meet L&C quota,) that it's hard to concentrate on any sort of strategy. Combos were also tricky (in my experience, anyway)--unless they magically fall next to each other, lol. The portals make the jewel "fill-in" movement kinda slow, too. So I basically just set off combos, blasters, etc. where I could and hoped it would get the side flames. I also tried to focus on green matches, but oftentimes there just weren't any.

Anyway, each under-a-minute round increased my frustration. When my next round seemed to go a little better (3 greens left on the L&C, just a few flames left, all snakes ****ed,) I pressed the "more time" button. I had already spotted a green match, and had several special jewels already made. It worked! The green match opened the L&C, a regular 3-match got one side flame, & a bomb got the right side. Then just a couple more matches, and Whew! - "level complete!" Only 1 star, but happy anyway! Yep, I def "*****ed" again, but I really wanted to get through this so I could play the 3 (count 'em--three!) moves levels ahead! So it was worth that $1 or so to move on (imho, anyway.) And those extra 5 (or do you get 10?) seconds did the trick--too bad they couldn't just add more seconds to this level. It would still be challenging...with a little less stress & frustration. Well, I'm disappointed I can no longer claim I got this far without using gold. But I'm trying to keep it to an absolute minimum (only the hardest timed levels...and only when it seems absolutely necessary for my sanity, lol! ;))

Phaedrakiki
08-08-13, 09:35 PM
Level 303: Dig 8 meters in 55 moves (5JC.) No changes to this one, and it seems pretty perfect! Lots of fun, and yet challenging. Took me several tries, but I eventually got a great board where I could do lots of combos (got 3 stars!) This is pretty straightforward. Make lots of special jewels...combine...**** snakes...DIG! ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-08-13, 10:30 PM
Level 304: 10 fire in 45 moves (5JC.) No changes to this level, but it is very challenging. The amount of moves is tight--it's tough to **** the snakes and open the L&C in the allotted moves, much less try to extinguish the fires separated from the board! Still, I'm enjoying the challenge, as it's at my own pace and stress-free. Might take awhile to get the right board, though (don't always get the combo opportunities I'd like, nor have I been able to make many diamonds.) Still, fun! ;) Waiting on a recharge to try some more!

Phaedrakiki
08-10-13, 02:00 AM
Omg, 304 was very challenging! Took me many, many, many tries to pass...the moves are so tight, and everything has to come together perfectly to get the fire out. You have to **** the snakes quickly to open up the board so you have more jewels (& room to make specials.) This means more "extra" matches, so you're clearing more jewels to open the L&C faster. And that's important because you need vertical blasters, blaster + bomb combos, etc. to take out certain flames. But they have to be unlocked before you can blast them! You can try to make them in advance, but they get accidentally set off early sometimes, which is SO frustrating. Yep, this level is really tricky. I finally passed with a diamond + blaster (took out several snakes,) a blaster + bomb, and another diamond + blaster. And a ton of regular vertical blasters, too (they're "mandatory" in this level! ;)) Got 3 stars, but only had 3 moves left over (didn't think I was gonna make it at first, lol!) ;)

Phaedrakiki
08-10-13, 03:57 AM
Level 305: Dig 18 meters in 75 moves (5JC.) Again, no changes to this level. This is a really fun one, but moves are tight. I've only been getting to around 12/13 of the 18 meters (once to 14 when I had lots of diamonds!) Special jewels & combos are pretty easy to make. I just think it's going to take really good timing on the combo opportunities to dig all the way to the goal. And of course, lots of diamonds are awesome when trying to get rid of snakes! Awaiting energy to work on this some more (actually, think I outta sleep a bit first... ;))

Phaedrakiki
08-10-13, 08:06 PM
Woo-hoo! :D Finally got that lucky 305 board. It actually didn't start out very promising, but after the first couple snakes were ****ed, everything started falling perfectly into place. Used lots of diamonds, diamond + blaster combos, and of course, the good ol' blaster + bomb. I focused primarily on ****ing the snakes in this level, then digging. I didn't worry about the restricted jewels (or ice/white blocks) too much. They mostly get taken care of with diamonds, blasters, etc. Plus, the screen will scroll regardless of their status, so I didn't waste moves on them unless there were a bunch blocking good board space (or the "release" move created a special jewel, etc.) This level was lots of fun, and def challenging! Got 2 stars, but wouldn't mind coming back for 3! :D
~***~
Btw, I had a weird problem on one of my attempts. Halfway through the round, a column suddenly stopped filling with jewels. I played until I ran out of moves, in hopes it would fix itself...but it didn't work. As you can see in these photos, even when I dug down & the screen scrolled--no jewels would fill in that column!

http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/8f7db00f-a6d7-46b9-9dff-39dd990de6cc_zpsbe548498.jpg http://i1300.photobucket.com/albums/ag81/Beadsbykat/62266bea-ae1a-4016-a81b-6844fc89fe4f_zps395cf8af.jpg
Once that round was over, I force-closed JM & restarted my iPhone. Seems to be working okay now (fingers crossed it stays that way!) :)

Phaedrakiki
08-10-13, 09:25 PM
Level 306: 26 glass in 1:25 (5JC.) 5 seconds added since the orig. post, but that doesn't even put a dent in this insane level. Omg! I have no idea how I'm going to pass this! A gazillion snakes, portals moving the jewels all over so you can't focus, and an ultra short & stressful timer. I played this 4 times so far, but couldn't get half the snakes. Which means I didn't even see the glass, much less break it, lol. ;) It was really nice for awhile, having all those moves levels in a row. I miss them so much! Ugh, this level feels impossible (guess I'll try to keep practicing...)

Phaedrakiki
08-11-13, 09:11 PM
Really, how does someone pass this level? I've been able to **** all but 1 snakehead a couple times, but the huge body remains. So I can't get to the glass. Ugh, this is so hard! It's going to take one heck of a lucky board to pass this (or a nice amount of time added to the clock! Hint, hint... ;)) Lots of diamonds would be great to knock out some snakes or to combine w/blasters. And a bunch of blaster + bomb combo opportunities would help matters, too! C'mon, extraordinarily-lucky board!