PDA

View Full Version : So many neighbors... What to do?

MotherNature65
07-16-13, 07:34 AM
I browsed through several pages of the forum and didn't see a topic with member to member discussion on how you manage your neighbors. I think it might be a good tool for some if the newbies to help understand the game a bit better and if course me because I am completely bewildered.

As if this morning I have 544 neighbors. Several are active but many are not. I haven't found an easy way to weed out the ones who don't reciprocate and it is near impossible for me to visit all if them so it doesn't seem fair to blame them.

How many neighbors do you have? How do you manage your neighbor list and did you decide on a max number?

Thanks a bunch...

yayacupcake
07-16-13, 07:47 AM
337 here. Wouldn't be an issue if there was a " Request All " button and I could put the 3 people I send gold to as "Favorites" at the top of the list of nbrs so I didn't have to scroll through 20 million nbrs to get to the one's I want.

But yeah, would be nice to have a check box or something that said " Delete inactive neighbors after 30 days " ( or something ). Either that or maybe a color indicator around our profiles, green = logged in within past 24 hours, yellow = logged in within past 48 hours, red = logged in less than past week, black = logged in less than 30 days, and then being able to have some filters to weed through it.

This should probably go in suggestion thread though....

MotherNature65
07-16-13, 08:26 AM
Gold is a whole other issue for me... I don't even want to start that topic.

Are you able to visit all if your neighbors or do you try? Do you have the select group that visit regularly and play your wall or do you visit randomly to generate visits from your neighbor list?

scottyhaha
07-16-13, 08:29 AM
I'm a bad neighbor hardly visit, only some ppl I know on forum and only ppl that visited me.

yayacupcake
07-16-13, 08:31 AM
I'm a bad neighbor hardly visit, only some ppl I know on forum and only ppl that visited me.

I'm probably worse I don't visit anyone unless I'm completing a goal. Maybe if the game was more stable/smooth on Android I'd bother.

mikeclit
07-16-13, 08:33 AM
I just delete ones that have never given me gold/maps/visits and have zero stars. If they don't have an updates features I usually delete them as well, because obviously they aren't playing anymore.

annbluebird
07-16-13, 08:39 AM
I decided to keep 36 neighbors on my tab. I used to visit each day but too busy now I visit as often as I can. will not add more neighbors because we all are active, send maps and gold back as soon as we can and that s fine like this.
on my other account I keep 20 neighbors, visit less often or never but every one send maps back and gold when we can. so my both accounts run great and I dont feel guilty when I cant visit back
tyvm to my so kind neighbors who understand that on android sometimes it s hard to play :) wink to my DS friends !

ShadowDragon136
07-16-13, 08:42 AM
I have 51. I used to have over 100 but I got sick of spending so much time visiting all of them when only a portion would ever visit me back, so I started deleting the ones who wouldn't visit me for 5 straight days. Money is much less of an issue for me now, so I'm a bit more lenient with it. I do make sure to visit all of them every day though :) I just wish I could send more than 3 of them gold, because most of the neighbors that I do have play and visit every day...

aceblade
1400 here... got to catch them all!
lol

annbluebird
I used to remove neighbors when they didnt send maps / gold back during one month or if they were full during one month.

belbar22
07-16-13, 08:45 AM
337 here. Wouldn't be an issue if there was a " Request All " button and I could put the 3 people I send gold to as "Favorites" at the top of the list of nbrs so I didn't have to scroll through 20 million nbrs to get to the one's I want.

But yeah, would be nice to have a check box or something that said " Delete inactive neighbors after 30 days " ( or something ). Either that or maybe a color indicator around our profiles, green = logged in within past 24 hours, yellow = logged in within past 48 hours, red = logged in less than past week, black = logged in less than 30 days, and then being able to have some filters to weed through it.

This should probably go in suggestion thread though....

What a great idea. I definitely have neighbours which are inactive and occasionally I delete people who obviously started the game and stopped playing at the earlier levels.

I tend to visit the neighbours who visit me which I get off my news feed and respond to any messages posted on my wall.

annbluebird
07-16-13, 08:51 AM
And for new players, what makes me remove neighbors the most is people who ask for gold (or maps) each day on my wall. I guess I m not the only one to dislike that

ShadowDragon136
07-16-13, 10:47 AM
I remove gold-soliciting messages too (along with that chain message for 9,999,999 coins and 1000 gold or whatever the nonsense was). I wish there was a way to tell from the list of neighbors when the last time a neighbor visited you was. It'd be a huge help, especially since not all of my regular neighbors write messages on my wall when they visit and the log only goes back 10 visits thanks to the obnoxious map notifications reserving 10 -_-

sand
07-16-13, 10:58 AM
I have 890 neighbors. There is no need to manage them. I never delete inactive neighbors, and it would be terribly tedious to try.
I use the newsfeeds and walls as an indication of who are actively playing and disregard the social rating because playing with other people's dragons is hardly the end-all or be-all of the game.
I don't require visitors to post on my wall either because there's no way I can return play to everyone each day. I think I get around enough, and that in turn brings a fair amount of traffic back to my island. I can't ask for much more. As for gold, since we are sending only 3 and receiving up to 20, it's hardly worth the trouble to try managing that for several hundred neighbors.

fagoggil
07-16-13, 11:02 AM
I used to visit everyone every day. But now with 154 nbrs, & babysitting I CANNOT. Now I visit those who leave a msg on my wall. I can then delete msg and know who I visited. ( I get distracted with gkids alot!). If I have few msgs then I go to newsfeed. It took me about 4 hours to go thru my whole nbr list last nite.( couldnot sleep) so please msg my wall!

hamadrys
07-16-13, 11:08 AM
I am actually expanding into my last patch. I have removed many of the neighbors I had as I won't need maps anymore. I kept people I talk to, or that are playing very regularly. I am down to 55 total.

kwhales
07-16-13, 02:39 PM
I am actually expanding into my last patch. I have removed many of the neighbors I had as I won't need maps anymore. I kept people I talk to, or that are playing very regularly. I am down to 55 total.

I did the same thing. Last expansion is done, so the neighbors who only sent maps, well, they had to go. It's not that I wanted to delete them, but scrolling down the list to the neighbors who actually play and write was becoming a pain. So, some had to go.

If we could arrange them, that would be better, but alas, we can't.

scottyhaha
07-16-13, 02:58 PM
Even if I fully expand I don't think I will delete my neighbor. Even I don't visit them but I still can send them map..

sehana
07-16-13, 03:04 PM
846 nbrs for me... I am a Horrible nbr! :( Won't be surprised if people remove me.

Olena
07-16-13, 03:05 PM
I don't have many nbrs too - 44 here :) But all of them are active players as me - so, exchanging maps, visits and gold. And they all are very kind and friendly.

There is no need to have more than 20 nbrs, actually, sinds we can't send or get more than 20 requests or gifts. I understand that all of us are different - somebody wants to do something nice for others but there is no time to do it if you have too many neighbors. And somebody just don't care - playing game only for game itsself and don't need social part of the game.

yayacupcake
07-16-13, 03:23 PM
I don't have many nbrs too - 44 here :) But all of them are active players as me - so, exchanging maps, visits and gold. And they all are very kind and friendly.

There is no need to have more than 20 nbrs, actually, sinds we can't send or get more than 20 requests or gifts. I understand that all of us are different - somebody wants to do something nice for others but there is no time to do it if you have too many neighbors. And somebody just don't care - playing game only for game itsself and don't need social part of the game.

Can send maps.. I don't need maps since I'm fully expanded but I send as many as possible. They definitely help. I noticed by having lots of nbrs that after I spend 3 days expanding, that I'd have about 40 - 60 maps already collected. Guessing I got nbrs sending me maps while I was still expanding. Definitely helped!

Kevynsan
07-16-13, 03:31 PM

Me too, not that I wanna be though. My game crashes EVERY time I try and visit, so I gave up. I just send gold to those who send it to me. It's easier to manage.

koiju
07-16-13, 04:05 PM
I did the same thing. Last expansion is done, so the neighbors who only sent maps, well, they had to go. It's not that I wanted to delete them, but scrolling down the list to the neighbors who actually play and write was becoming a pain. So, some had to go.

If we could arrange them, that would be better, but alas, we can't.

I understand this completely but that prob drops me off your guys lists (I'll be sad but won't be offended) cos I'm not a great regular visitor but as I see you guys on the forums I like visiting your islands to check stuff out, I am a very regular player (just ask my hubby!) but not a visit-all-neighbours type. I have about 5 or 6 gold friends that I gift from the bottom of the list up,

tan5314
07-16-13, 04:22 PM
I have 26 active neighbors. That's enough to get 20 maps even if some of them leave for a couple of days.

And I like neighbors with uncommon names, they are easier to remember. :) Half of mine are named either Dragon's something or Someone's (Is)land.

annbluebird
07-16-13, 04:26 PM
I have 26 active neighbors. That's enough to get 20 maps even if some of them leave for a couple of days.

And I like neighbors with uncommon names, they are easier to remember. :) Half of mine are named either Dragon's something or Someone's (Is)land.
lol I had so many "dragon island" that I didnt know who sent me gold/maps and which one didnt. so no more "dragon island" would be lie if you always breed firestorms or islands :D

annbluebird
07-16-13, 04:27 PM
liKe *

MotherNature65
07-16-13, 09:19 PM
Ya'll are awesome! I do think that some way of sorting or filtering would a great addition to the nbrs list. The idea posted before was great (outlined in different colors pending activity).

This has all been wonderful information for me and I am sure for others who will read it. I can't wait to see what others add to it. I have definitely rethought my 500+ list and how to manage or not manage it.

toxicDrew
02-02-14, 02:21 AM
Hi guys. I'm sure everyone knows that to expand we'd need mystic maps, and neighbours are so important. But I'm starting to realise that not a lot of my neighbours are playing. I've 100 neighbours, but every time I send out a request, only 15 respond...

I was wondering if there's a way to remove inactive neighbours? Or to know if your neighbours are active?

Oh if you're looking for a neighbour pick me!! I always play with your habitats and respond to mystic map requests immediately.

Hope to hear from you!

noir77
02-02-14, 02:42 AM
Try checking the levels of your old neighbours after a few months. If they are noticeably slow to level up (still stuck in lower levels) you can safely say that they no longer play. Otherwise, you'd have to visit them one by one. 100 neighbours is not too hard, perhaps split it over a few days if you're time poor, remembering where you left off.

Annica5
02-02-14, 03:00 AM
First: you can't receive more than 20 maps per day so don't send requests to 100. It only blocks things up, I send maybe 25 requests.
Second: I target nbrs with zero social eggs, post on their walls that I will delete them if I don't hear from them in a week.
I try to say this politely with "please" and cute emoticons :)
Some nbrs don't visit but are great with maps and even goldgifts so this zero egg rule is pretty crude but something to start with.

chalupa2030
02-02-14, 04:55 AM
. It only blocks things up, .

How do you know this? What does this mean?

TinksThots
02-02-14, 05:44 AM
How do you know this? What does this mean?
The game lets you checkmark your whole list (for some dumb reason), but the system only sends out 20 of those requests per 24 hours. They go out randomly if you select more than 20 nbrs. The rest get kicked back to the next day, when 20 more go out randomly, then the day after that, 20 more, and so on. If you clog it up too much, sometimes they disappear completely. That's why you'll often see requests that say "Nbr needs a map 2 days ago". It's not because you're neglecting requests or somehow didn't see it, it's because they sent too many. Stick with sending out 20 per day and you won't have that problem with maps not coming in. ;-)

As for figuring out who's active and who's not, I go by how old their wall posts are, whether or not they're full all the time, whether they ever show up in my newsfeed for anything, stuff like that. Requests are actually a good way to weed out inactive nbrs: Send out exactly 20 requests a day, and delete those who don't respond. ;-)

glitterbabies
02-02-14, 06:18 AM
I guess I don't understand what an inactive neighbor effects? I have neighbors who I know aren't active because they are real life friends whom I know aren't playing but they don't bother my game by keeping them as neighbors in the event they pick the game back up at some point.

As for the requests, I send one to every neighbor I have and that way I only have to do it two times because the responses trickle in over several days. I wouldn't be able to keep track of who I asked from day to day to only do 20 a day.

lorentw
02-02-14, 06:24 AM
I have 137 neighbors, several who are always full, yet they send maps, but for the most part, I just send request to 26 per day and I normally get 19-20 back. But as far as weeding out goes, I use 2 rules, I don't visit 0 social neighbors unless they are also on the forum and it seems after a time they drop me. And if I don't get any visit or map in 2 weeks I will drop them. I do keep a list, yes I know that's OCD but that's me

danni7788
02-02-14, 06:41 AM
I guess I don't understand what an inactive neighbor effects? I have neighbors who I know aren't active because they are real life friends whom I know aren't playing but they don't bother my game by keeping them as neighbors in the event they pick the game back up at some point.

As for the requests, I send one to every neighbor I have and that way I only have to do it two times because the responses trickle in over several days. I wouldn't be able to keep track of who I asked from day to day to only do 20 a day.

Same here. Even if a few get lost in the process, I just request once then wait 3-4 days and have all the maps I need.

chalupa2030
02-02-14, 07:04 AM
Same here. Even if a few get lost in the process, I just request once then wait 3-4 days and have all the maps I need.

Exactly. Me too!

TinksThots
02-02-14, 07:12 AM
Oh me too… just cuz i know all that [] doesn't mean I care. ^_^ I'm not sure how many nbrs I have, 30-40ish I think, and I send requests to them all every day so I have no idea how backlogged mine are. And yep, the trickle-in method is in full force in my game lol. But everything I said before still applies to anyone who's here for practical info to actually go use. =P

ETA: I also keep a list, for gifting purposes to make sure I'm returning my 3 gold per day fairly, and to weed out inactive nbrs because there's no point in keeping them without good reasons (like yours - they're your friends and you just wanna, that's as good a reason as any if you ask me) because if I'm already clogging up my requests, I might as well do it with people who will eventually return them. ;-)

chalupa2030
02-02-14, 07:17 AM

^^ This. All of it. 100%.

danni7788
02-02-14, 08:06 AM
But to comment on the original post, I do like the idea of weeding out inactive neighbors. Personally, I have too many neighbors to be able to visit them all in one day. I've tried, but I like the idea of getting rid of the ones that are just taking up space and not playing. I think what I will do is just start a list of the neighbors who give me maps and continue to level up and have active wall posts. I'll be liberal about it so I don't accidentally delete someone active, but maybe one or two weeks of this will give me a good idea of who I can delete.

Mani_Sari
02-02-14, 10:04 AM
<--- Active, I accept maps daily, add if you want lol. As for me I write down whoever sends me whatever requests, then at the end of the day I ask them for maps, seems to be working great.

Kami365
02-02-14, 10:25 AM
@ glitterbabies

Exactly sleeping neighbors never bothering me too,Although I have 1103 neighbors at the moment,.I don't need any more mystic maps but I'd always send out their maps request,.this is only a game & fun playing.

I used to sent Map request to everyone,and I'm pretty sure most of them returned back.,everyday I received many Gold gifts from my sleeping neighbors ( Zero Social Rating ).And If I didn't get any gifts still they're my neighbors.

Bottom story,I don't mind if I have even 10,000 neighbors.I only visit back those wrote message on my wall.

kms899
02-02-14, 01:30 PM
I visit all my neighbors and take a screen shot, a week later if the screen shot matches the same island, especially the den , nest and the dragons egg, or just a empty den.

it's bye bye.

Sparkly888
02-02-14, 02:56 PM
Great idea about the screen shot!

luna2cute
02-02-14, 03:14 PM
I post on their wall their level and gold or coins. If it doesn't change by 3-5 days later I know they aren't active.

Eg: 95/122

Works on other games too where things don't expire like castle story. I post their level and royal points and check every few days.

drakoshka89
02-02-14, 04:27 PM
Wow, that's just a wonderful idea! Cause so many times I stared at his or her island name and thought "
Well, no kidding, who are you?" I used to add everybody and always wrote my id on my wall. And I simply can't remember everyone. If only we could see the activities of your neighour... awwww, sweet dreams :o

DragonMaster128z
02-02-14, 04:49 PM
I post on their wall their level and gold or coins. If it doesn't change by 3-5 days later I know they aren't active.

Eg: 95/122

Works on other games too where things don't expire like castle story. I post their level and royal points and check every few days.

Level Gold or Coins? ?? Could you explain?

Kami365
02-02-14, 07:18 PM
I visit all my neighbors and take a screen shot, a week later if the screen shot matches the same island, especially the den , nest and the dragons egg, or just a empty den.

it's bye bye.

Yes,you're right,less neighbors you could do that screenshot of each neighbor,but like my case it's a different scenario, imposeible to take more than 1000 screenshot.:)

chic4stylin
02-02-14, 11:52 PM
And for new players, what makes me remove neighbors the most is people who ask for gold (or maps) each day on my wall. I guess I m not the only one to dislike that

Hmm, I can understand the gold thing, but asking for maps? I've had several on both accounts blatantly ask for me to send them some gold which I find extremely rude...but I don't have a problem with someone asking for maps. We ALL need help with that common issue...we ALL would LIKE gold...there's a difference. I have 1 person I exchange gold with on a daily basis no matter what, 1 that I give to every other day (she has been with me almost since the beginning), but I also have about 10 other people who send gold fairly regularly, and I rotate my last gift of gold with them. Usually, I'll go to the one who gave a longest days ago (currently 5 days on my main account and 4 days on my second account). If that made sense. I try to be as fair as possible when gifting gold...however, TL makes that difficult with limiting us to only 3!! I mean, if we can receive 20 gifts of gold a day, then we NEED to be able to gift back 20 gifts of gold a day!!! I've never played a game that was stingier(?) than any other game by any other company! Come on TL..please, please, let us gift back to each neighbor that gifts to us!! Stop making us pick and choose. It's not like 20 in gold a day (if you're lucky you get that many neighbors sending you gold!) would cost you megabucks!! More like a few pennies a day in revenue, which you already get plenty from the gold traps laid. Please consider allowing us to gift up to 20 a day at least!!

kms899
02-03-14, 02:50 AM
Yes,you're right,less neighbors you could do that screenshot of each neighbor,but like my case it's a different scenario, imposeible to take more than 1000 screenshot.:)

have fun��, or like me do a few at a time.

kms899
02-03-14, 03:03 AM
Hmm, I can understand the gold thing, but asking for maps? I've had several on both accounts blatantly ask for me to send them some gold which I find extremely rude...but I don't have a problem with someone asking for maps. We ALL need help with that common issue...we ALL would LIKE gold...there's a difference. I have 1 person I exchange gold with on a daily basis no matter what, 1 that I give to every other day (she has been with me almost since the beginning), but I also have about 10 other people who send gold fairly regularly, and I rotate my last gift of gold with them. Usually, I'll go to the one who gave a longest days ago (currently 5 days on my main account and 4 days on my second account). If that made sense. I try to be as fair as possible when gifting gold...however, TL makes that difficult with limiting us to only 3!! I mean, if we can receive 20 gifts of gold a day, then we NEED to be able to gift back 20 gifts of gold a day!!! I've never played a game that was stingier(?) than any other game by any other company! Come on TL..please, please, let us gift back to each neighbor that gifts to us!! Stop making us pick and choose. It's not like 20 in gold a day (if you're lucky you get that many neighbors sending you gold!) would cost you megabucks!! More like a few pennies a day in revenue, which you already get plenty from the gold traps laid. Please consider allowing us to gift up to 20 a day at least!!

everyone gets a fair share of my gold, i just send from the oldest first from the people who is on my gold list that i received from, and it goes in order, so you dont go off track.

Sparkly888
02-03-14, 09:41 AM
I figure if I can only receive 20 maps and 20 gold max per day, there's no point in keeping more than, say 40 neighbours.
Especially if I have to be so selective about whom I can expect to answer map requests.

I like to see sparkles on my island so I gladly visit everyone on my list and leave sparkles. Some people don't care about this. I understand. But when you are at the lower levels sparkles are very helpful.
Neighbours who visit regularly are valuable to me.

It's also frustrating to keep visiting the same islands and not being able to leave any sparkles.
I'm only Level 15 right now and have about 90 so I will be doing a clear out soon.

GCMomOfFour
02-03-14, 12:01 PM
But to comment on the original post, I do like the idea of weeding out inactive neighbors. Personally, I have too many neighbors to be able to visit them all in one day. I've tried, but I like the idea of getting rid of the ones that are just taking up space and not playing. I think what I will do is just start a list of the neighbors who give me maps and continue to level up and have active wall posts. I'll be liberal about it so I don't accidentally delete someone active, but maybe one or two weeks of this will give me a good idea of who I can delete.

I accept all neighbor requests but then the number gets oh so large. I visit every neighbor every day. I keep a list of my neighbors and mark next to their name when they visit, send a map, or send gold. Every three weeks I delete those who are not marked on my list. I don't think that a visit, map or gold once in three weeks time is too much to ask. I keep a gold list and return every piece in the order received. If I owe gold then the neighbor stays on the list until the gold is returned, visits or not. I won't even say how many months behind I am on gold return at three per day.

luna2cute
02-03-14, 10:54 PM
Level Gold or Coins? ?? Could you explain?

Sorry, was getting confused about different team lava games. Min dragon story you only get to see their level. In castle story you get level and royal points. Sorry! Lol. No you can't see their gold or coins, lol, don't know where my brain was. :)

chic4stylin
02-04-14, 02:24 AM
everyone gets a fair share of my gold, i just send from the oldest first from the people who is on my gold list that i received from, and it goes in order, so you dont go off track.

But it would still be nice to be able to gift 20 gold a day...we can receive that amount, should be able to gift that amount! And I don't have time to keep track of who is sending gold and maps, and visiting. If TL would give us this capability, then it would make it sooo much easier! I play other games where gift giving is not limited, or if it is then it is certainly not limited to ONLY 3! Even some other TL games!!

LemonadeMouth173
02-05-14, 10:58 AM
Let me tell u what i did one of those days. I was pretty nervous and busy and i checked the wall and i saw- visit me bk. Well in that moment i saw black in front of my eyes and i took a decision- no more neighbours who demand visits like a must do or gold or post on their wall when they want. No more new low lvl nghbrs cuz they dont play after few days and no more those who dont send a map but they require every day one instead.So i deleted all those who were on the black list( lol) and now i have on my list only nice, understanding and patient neighbours. I send maps but im not able to visit daily. Ppl need to understand it. Hope this will help u!:) Btw , i totally agree with a previous post. I never , i mean never ever keep on my list those who r new neighbours and ask or beg for gold. Even when i was low lvl i disliked those kind of ppl.

kaylara
02-05-14, 01:36 PM
I do the same as mikeclit but i base mine on a zero social status rating. If they have a zero social status rating and they havent visited, sent me gold or maps in a week then i delete them. I accept all friend requests, it keeps things interesting but it is hard to visit them all sometimes. Most days i do unless im really busy and i always visit those in my newsfeed. I always keep everyones name on my wall just in case and sometimes readd all over again seeing who is playing. I use to have about 100 now only 69. I understand life is busy and this game takes alot of hours to play but my rule is i need to see some life behind these islands ;)

GanzEgal
02-05-14, 11:55 PM
I visit my Neighbours every Day, so i See who is active. If theres nothing to sparkle i look on the wall, if this seems like my neighbour is inactive i Look at the Social Rank, is it 0 i delete him as neighbour. If its a mistake he is able to See me in his newsfeed and visit me back and Look on my wall to add me again. My neighbour Limit is 100, at the Moment i have about 70, cause i deletet some.
For the Gold i started a riddle sundays, who solve it first, becomes gold for One week. The other two gold i use to gift back, i hope theres no one i forget, but for this i have got my wall. Everyone is able to leave me a Message :)

sehana
02-06-14, 01:32 AM
:/ I have at least 1000 for each game :eek:

But I'm not a very good nbr myself :/