PDA

View Full Version : Encroaching Glimmerwood

Queenzod
07-15-13, 08:10 PM
So I just had this happen again when I was out visiting. The glimmer wood is growing inside people's kingdoms. Does anyone know if I can take a screenshot of someone else's kingdom? If yes, how might I do that? I'm on an iPad. Then I could post it here so all y'all can speculate!

greygull
07-15-13, 08:22 PM
Press the home and power buttons at the same time. The screen will flash, and depending on your volume level, you will hear a click like a camera.

It's better to ask the person you're taking a screenshot of if its ok to post it here. Otherwise, you can send a Private Message to a Community Manager (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?16558-Need-Help-Moderator-List), or start a forum dispute (http://forums.storm8.com/forumdisplay.php?75-Forum-Disputes) to discuss it privately.

Queenzod
07-15-13, 08:40 PM
Okay, thanks!

minndom
07-15-13, 10:55 PM
I've seen that as well. If you plan your expansions cleverly that might be possible?

Oliver118
07-15-13, 11:02 PM
I agree with minndom.

arale_norimaki
07-16-13, 02:15 AM
There is a pic in this other thread. Sorry, I can not quote with the picture, but you can go and see it:

How is this possible? My neighbour just place her building on top of unexplored land? Answer please.

Gardienn
07-16-13, 06:07 AM
IDK, but I think it looks super cool.

Queenzod
07-16-13, 08:51 PM
There is a pic in this other thread. Sorry, I can not quote with the picture, but you can go and see it:

Here is a screenshot of the phenomenon (if I can figure out how to do this). It happened again to me tonight, right after the game crashed while I was visiting neighbors. After I hit the "try again" button, I got back into visiting, and lo! There it was. I also think it started happening after the last update. It is kinda neat,but a little scary! I hope this isn't a horror show.

Thanks to Catcrack, whose kingdom this is, for allowing me to post this pix.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8704&d=1374033055

MBRBTBRB
07-17-13, 02:35 AM
Unfortunately that image is too small for me to see any detail of what you are describing.

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 02:42 AM
Unfortunately that image is too small for me to see any detail of what you are describing.

Have you tried the link I posted? The image is bigger

catcrack
07-17-13, 05:01 AM
Here is a screenshot of the phenomenon (if I can figure out how to do this). It happened again to me tonight, right after the game crashed while I was visiting neighbors. After I hit the "try again" button, I got back into visiting, and lo! There it was. I also think it started happening after the last update. It is kinda neat,but a little scary! I hope this isn't a horror show.

Thanks to Catcrack, whose kingdom this is, for allowing me to post this pix.

http://forums.storm8.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=8704&d=1374033055

First off, this kingdom has been fully expanded.
Second, Sabina is shown with her uncut hair, are you also seeing her strutting around the kingdom?

My guess is you had mentioned a connection error & crash, maybe a bad load following the crash?

jimboser
07-17-13, 06:44 AM
My guess is you had mentioned a connection error & crash, maybe a bad load following the crash?

Visiting someone's kingdom should load all relevant data from them, if this data were being cached on the device I would be very surprised. Maybe if the game on your device were in some unstable state, something strange could happen.

I visit catcrack's kingdom almost every day and I've not seen this there or with any of my neighbors. Are you on iOS or Android? It is certainly possible that the 'Loading' message may indicate some communications issue, like the sync errors that like to eat people's inventory and coins, two sets of data trying to coexist at the same time. Thinking along those lines, I wonder if the Glimmerwood areas you are seeing inside the neighbors kingdom match those unexpanded areas on your own kingdom, or possibly of a neighbor that you had just visited?

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 06:49 AM
No idea of the origin of this, but I think there is no CS version so far

catcrack
07-17-13, 07:00 AM
Visiting someone's kingdom should load all relevant data from them, if this data were being cached on the device I would be very surprised. Maybe if the game on your device were in some unstable state, something strange could happen.

I visit catcrack's kingdom almost every day and I've not seen this there or with any of my neighbors. Are you on iOS or Android? It is certainly possible that the 'Loading' message may indicate some communications issue, like the sync errors that like to eat people's inventory and coins, two sets of data trying to coexist at the same time. Thinking along those lines, I wonder if the Glimmerwood areas you are seeing inside the neighbors kingdom match those unexpanded areas on your own kingdom, or possibly of a neighbor that you had just visited?Well, visiting someone's kingdom loads the relevant data from the database hosted on the teamlava server, not the mobile device associated with said data. Corrupted data associated with the afore mentioned crash is the most likely culprit in cashed data on the slave device. No one else has reported this issue with regard to the "catctack" dataset, so one could assume that the data on the server is not suspect.

catcrack
07-17-13, 07:01 AM
No idea of the origin of this, but I think there is no CS version so far
for android.

Queenzod
07-17-13, 07:35 AM

I visit catcrack's kingdom almost every day and I've not seen this there or with any of my neighbors. Are you on iOS or Android? It is certainly possible that the 'Loading' message may indicate some communications issue, like the sync errors that like to eat people's inventory and coins, two sets of data trying to coexist at the same time. Thinking along those lines, I wonder if the Glimmerwood areas you are seeing inside the neighbors kingdom match those unexpanded areas on your own kingdom, or possibly of a neighbor that you had just visited?

I'm on iOS on an iPad. Also, I'm completely expanded myself, so it's not that. My game does crash regularly when I visit neighbors, and,yes, I'm pretty sure it's related to the crash. Also, when I go home and then go back out again, it's gone. It doesn't seem to be harmful at all, I can still tap hearts. I just thought it was the weirdest looking thing I'd seen in a long time and that others might enjoy it. It stayed that way for about 80 different neighbor visits.

Somebody mentioned that Sabrina is tied up in the screenshot, and yet, yes, she was also wandering around! She was in two places at once! The laws of physics have ceased to exist! Next thing you know, there'll be a...Sharknado!

catcrack
07-17-13, 09:04 AM
It's a rift in the space time continuum!

jimboser
07-17-13, 09:11 AM
Well, visiting someone's kingdom loads the relevant data from the database hosted on the teamlava server, not the mobile device associated with said data.

Absolutely right, I may have phrased my earlier post badly to give that impression.

I'm on iOS on an iPad. Also, I'm completely expanded myself, so it's not that. My game does crash regularly when I visit neighbors, and,yes, I'm pretty sure it's related to the crash.

OK, so we have one Android and one iOS, so the platform doesn't matter. My own game doesn't crash, and I've also not seen this bug yet. You are fully expanded, so it's not the player's own data that's getting mingled with the neighbor.

My best guess is that the code may be using the Glimmerwood as a template, then adding in relevant kingdom data on top as it loads, and some errant bit of code isn't clearing this correctly causing the display glitch. Could well be related to the game crashes, and this is just another symptom.

Somebody mentioned that Sabrina is tied up in the screenshot, and yet, yes, she was also wandering around! She was in two places at once! The laws of physics have ceased to exist! Next thing you know, there'll be a...Sharknado!

Or a Thurbrina! Can you imagine Thurston doing the Sabrina walk, or Sabrina in armor? Or some two headed version of this? I would strongly suspect Ivy of crafting some potion with too many rat tails and hot peppers on this one...

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 09:15 AM
for android.

you read my mind, lol!

arale_norimaki
07-17-13, 09:20 AM
OK, so we have one Android and one iOS, so the platform doesn't matter.

catcrack was not saying he plays on Android, he was completing my sentence. I'll try to say the whole thing this time: there is not Android version of Castle Story for now (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39145-Release-date-for-Android).

Queenzod
07-17-13, 09:51 AM
Well, visiting someone's kingdom loads the relevant data from the database hosted on the teamlava server, not the mobile device associated with said data. Corrupted data associated with the afore mentioned crash is the most likely culprit in cashed data on the slave device. No one else has reported this issue with regard to the "catctack" dataset, so one could assume that the data on the server is not suspect.

I have a slave device? Will it clean my house whilst I tend to my kingdom. :)

jimboser
07-17-13, 10:14 AM
catcrack was not saying he plays on Android, he was completing my sentence. I'll try to say the whole thing this time: there is not Android version of Castle Story for now (http://forums.storm8.com/showthread.php?39145-Release-date-for-Android).

Whoopsie. ;) Thanks for clarifying.