PDA

View Full Version : Got the CS Grumbles? Here's an antidote.

Gardienn
07-14-13, 04:13 PM
I've been increasingly disgruntled with CS as updates for higher level players become more and more frustrating, based so much on random drops to even begin quests. (Gotten "your" dragon egg yet? Me either.) However, I do not want to fill my mind with negatives.

Aside from having one goal right now, my elusive Alicorn, whose horn is on the other side of the galaxy somewhere (Space Alicorn!), this game has been a lot of fun. It may or may not carry long-time players after a certain point, depending on what TL developers decide to do, but yes, it has been fun. So I'm going to post the things I've enjoyed, and still enjoy, if for no other reason than to get my mind out of grumbling and stop complaining before it turns into a disease that affects me beyond the CS world.

Here goes some of my positive things about CS:

When I first started, there was so much to do, I thought I'd never be able to make any of the advanced materials, but I have.
CS neighbors, particularly those on this board, are great people with terrific humor, and they really make playing more fun.
None of the ready-to-collect items expire in this game, so I'm not bound to a clock to advance. Phew! I've had to ditch other games that lassoed time from me.
The characters and environment are fun to look at, even Sabina whose looks like she's trying to pass a DUI test.
I enjoy remodeling my kingdom and seeing how others have gotten creative with theirs.
Even if TL doesn't do it on the time frame I might think they should, or they accidentally create glitches in the process, they do listen to our feedback, implement changes, send updates, and try to correct things they goof on.
I still have hope that TL will send updates that are triggered by fixed actions instead of random ones.
I still hope Scottie will beam my Alicorn horn to me.
I enjoy this board.

Anyone else gotten a case of the CS Grumbles? Post some positives. The more good things we think, the less the negative will fill our minds, and that's good for everyone.

sdwombat
07-14-13, 06:37 PM
I've been increasingly disgruntled with CS as updates for higher level players become more and more frustrating, based so much on random drops to even begin quests. (Gotten "your" dragon egg yet? Me either.) However, I do not want to fill my mind with negatives.

Aside from having one goal right now, my elusive Alicorn, whose horn is on the other side of the galaxy somewhere (Space Alicorn!), this game has been a lot of fun. It may or may not carry long-time players after a certain point, depending on what TL developers decide to do, but yes, it has been fun. So I'm going to post the things I've enjoyed, and still enjoy, if for no other reason than to get my mind out of grumbling and stop complaining before it turns into a disease that affects me beyond the CS world.

Here goes some of my positive things about CS:

When I first started, there was so much to do, I thought I'd never be able to make any of the advanced materials, but I have.
CS neighbors, particularly those on this board, are great people with terrific humor, and they really make playing more fun.
None of the ready-to-collect items expire in this game, so I'm not bound to a clock to advance. Phew! I've had to ditch other games that lassoed time from me.
The characters and environment are fun to look at, even Sabina whose looks like she's trying to pass a DUI test.
I enjoy remodeling my kingdom and seeing how others have gotten creative with theirs.
Even if TL doesn't do it on the time frame I might think they should, or they accidentally create glitches in the process, they do listen to our feedback, implement changes, send updates, and try to correct things they goof on.
I still have hope that TL will send updates that are triggered by fixed actions instead of random ones.
I still hope Scottie will beam my Alicorn horn to me.
I enjoy this board.

Anyone else gotten a case of the CS Grumbles? Post some positives. The more good things we think, the less the negative will fill our minds, and that's good for everyone.

Well, this sounds reasonable enough, so I will go ahead & put away my pitchfork & torch now:p

sdwombat
07-14-13, 06:51 PM
Spaaaaaaacceeeeee Alicoooooorrrrnnnn!!!!!

TinksThots
07-14-13, 07:50 PM
Sabina and her DUI test - I chuckled. I'm a LONG way from her though, she's gonna be stuck in those woods for a quite a while, so I guess she can drink all she likes. :p

Hmm... Positives - BEAUTIFUL graphics. I love the interactive-ness. And yeah, the non-expiring-ness is a wonderful change of pace from stoves covered in flies because sleeping in won my inner debate. :rolleyes:

POSITIVE - I got my golden apple today, so I got my Sir Pigglesworth today, and he's all growed up now too! :cool:

There are lots of things I think would greatly improve the game, like being able to gift the rest of my nbrs some strawberries or something so I don't feel so stingy every day, but maybe someday they'll see how badly we want to do that and finally let us. (I'll wash all your cars!)

How's this for turning a negative into a POSITIVE - Since my 2nd gen ipod is stuck at ios 4.2.1 forever (thanks apple...), I can't update, and I don't have enough RAM to expand much at all, so for I don't know how long, I'm sitting in my tiny little kingdom churning out materials and food, stocking up on everything, so however many months down the road when I'm able to afford a new device, I'll be fully stocked on anything I might need for anything I'll want to do. I'm getting whatever goals I can out of the way in the meantime.

And then the real life-affecting POSITIVE - It crashes all the time, especially when I go to start an adventure or something in a kitchen/workshop, but that's giving me lots of chances to practice my frustration management, something I've struggled with my entire life. And I can't visit anybody or it'll crash, but that just means I can relax and do my own little thing in my own little place, and other than gifting 3 earth wisps a day, I don't have to worry about tending to nbrs in this game yet, because I simply can't. :( :)

More than just games, to say the least. :cool:

jimboser
07-15-13, 08:22 AM
OK, I just got done complaining in another thread, so I'll balance it out here. I'll echo what was said above, beautiful graphics, and an enjoyable adventure. I wish TL would listen to the community a bit more, maybe post a bit more in an official capacity here and respond directly to the community.

If another holiday or special edition app ever came out, I'd gladly fork over my 99 cents to buy it, even though I refuse to pay for gems. Maybe if the gems didn't get eaten so easily, but anyway...

Cesar49
07-15-13, 11:24 AM
I've got loads of positives from the game.

The graphics are truly beautiful, much better than the cartoon images of some other games. I really enjoy the occasional rearrangements necessary - even when I accidentally sold my level 5 watchtower instead of putting it into storage!

I love the story lines and the characters. I often imagine the conversations between them, and even make up other characters. For example I imagine a real know-it-all student wizard who plagues poor Thomas constantly! I love Ivy, though I wish she did more, and I even like Thurston - although after T&T I wanted to throw his knightly code book and all his armour back into the pond!

Most of the challenges have been great fun, and ultimately doable and I love the sense of achievement when I get them done. I also enjoy waiting to see what Sir Pigglesworth will give me each time, even if it's just a lemon!

Most important for me are my neighbours and the forum. I live in a remote cottage with no neighbours, and my partner is often away so it's not unusual to go all week without speaking to anyone. I read the forum, laugh out loud often, and wonder where the members are based. I love the thought I could be responding to someone in Vancouver or Mumbai or wherever. The threads are often great fun, and I also have some great neighbours who make me smile a lot. To me it's a great therapy so thanks to all the forum members, especially those who are also fantastic neighbours!

So thank you to all at TL for creating such a fantastic game - now please will you send a dragon egg to all my neighbours who haven't yet got one? Thanks!!

sdwombat
07-15-13, 11:56 AM
I've got loads of positives from the game.

The graphics are truly beautiful, much better than the cartoon images of some other games. I really enjoy the occasional rearrangements necessary - even when I accidentally sold my level 5 watchtower instead of putting it into storage!
��
I love the story lines and the characters. I often imagine the conversations between them, and even make up other characters. For example I imagine a real know-it-all student wizard who plagues poor Thomas constantly! I love Ivy, though I wish she did more, and I even like Thurston - although after T&T I wanted to throw his knightly code book and all his armour back into the pond!

Most of the challenges have been great fun, and ultimately doable and I love the sense of achievement when I get them done. I also enjoy waiting to see what Sir Pigglesworth will give me each time, even if it's just a lemon!

Most important for me are my neighbours and the forum. I live in a remote cottage with no neighbours, and my partner is often away so it's not unusual to go all week without speaking to anyone. I read the forum, laugh out loud often, and wonder where the members are based. I love the thought I could be responding to someone in Vancouver or Mumbai or wherever. The threads are often great fun, and I also have some great neighbours who make me smile a lot. To me it's a great therapy so thanks to all the forum members, especially those who are also fantastic neighbours!

So thank you to all at TL for creating such a fantastic game - now please will you send a dragon egg to all my neighbours who haven't yet got one? Thanks!!

Awwww...I enjoy reading your posts & playing with you, too. Almost sorry that Goldonis came to her senses, though. I was kind of warming up to the idea of pitchforks & torches...........

Gardienn
07-15-13, 02:11 PM
Awwww...I enjoy reading your posts & playing with you, too. Almost sorry that Goldonis came to her senses, though. I was kind of warming up to the idea of pitchforks & torches...........

Now I put away my torch for the moment, but I can come to my senses and still be a firebrand in the face of injustice. I put it away, but not out of sight. ;)

sobieski77
07-15-13, 05:10 PM
Cesar 49, Vancouver says, "Thanks for the positive vibes." ��

Oliver118
07-15-13, 10:52 PM
Positives: Game really nice, lots to do, in fact there's always something to do, particularly in a kingdom like mine, also with guys like you guys on the forum makes me feel even better (All thanks to be sent via PM:)) Lately I've been in such a good mood, I never thought that I could get to where I am now.

Cesar49
07-16-13, 12:55 AM
Cesar 49, Vancouver says, "Thanks for the positive vibes." ��

Hello! Great that I chose a forumite's home!

Gardienn
07-16-13, 06:11 AM
Sabina and her DUI test - I chuckled. I'm a LONG way from her though, she's gonna be stuck in those woods for a quite a while, so I guess she can drink all she likes. :p

Hmm... Positives - BEAUTIFUL graphics. I love the interactive-ness. And yeah, the non-expiring-ness is a wonderful change of pace from stoves covered in flies because sleeping in won my inner debate. :rolleyes:

POSITIVE - I got my golden apple today, so I got my Sir Pigglesworth today, and he's all growed up now too! :cool:

There are lots of things I think would greatly improve the game, like being able to gift the rest of my nbrs some strawberries or something so I don't feel so stingy every day, but maybe someday they'll see how badly we want to do that and finally let us. (I'll wash all your cars!)

How's this for turning a negative into a POSITIVE - Since my 2nd gen ipod is stuck at ios 4.2.1 forever (thanks apple...), I can't update, and I don't have enough RAM to expand much at all, so for I don't know how long, I'm sitting in my tiny little kingdom churning out materials and food, stocking up on everything, so however many months down the road when I'm able to afford a new device, I'll be fully stocked on anything I might need for anything I'll want to do. I'm getting whatever goals I can out of the way in the meantime.

And then the real life-affecting POSITIVE - It crashes all the time, especially when I go to start an adventure or something in a kitchen/workshop, but that's giving me lots of chances to practice my frustration management, something I've struggled with my entire life. And I can't visit anybody or it'll crash, but that just means I can relax and do my own little thing in my own little place, and other than gifting 3 earth wisps a day, I don't have to worry about tending to nbrs in this game yet, because I simply can't. :( :)

More than just games, to say the least. :cool:

Wow. That's really turning negatives into positives. You'll be sitting pretty in stock once you upgrade your equipment, and cool that you're using it to manage frustration. Nice job. I'm impressed.

Congrats on Sir Piggy. :)

Gardienn
07-16-13, 06:12 AM
Positives: Game really nice, lots to do, in fact there's always something to do, particularly in a kingdom like mine, also with guys like you guys on the forum makes me feel even better (All thanks to be sent via PM:)) Lately I've been in such a good mood, I never thought that I could get to where I am now.

You're really moving along, Oliver. Congrats on freeing Thurston. :)

TinksThots
07-21-13, 03:22 PM
Wow. That's really turning negatives into positives. You'll be sitting pretty in stock once you upgrade your equipment, and cool that you're using it to manage frustration. Nice job. I'm impressed.

Congrats on Sir Piggy. :)
Thanks, and thanks. :D